FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccines available for 45+ cohort

Vaccines available for 45+ cohort

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *peak and Spell OP   Couple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

Just found out that those aged 45 and over can now book a slot from today.

We are very excited, having just booked ours

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Typical. I'm 1 year out of that range

By *peak and Spell OP   Couple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

"Typical. I'm 1 year out of that range "

It won't be long...

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

"Typical. I'm 1 year out of that range "

I'm two weeks out, I wonder if I'm allowed book a date for 13 days from now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Typical. I'm 1 year out of that range

I'm two weeks out, I wonder if I'm allowed book a date for 13 days from now "

It's worth trying on the site, they seem to go by year date not month/day. What have you got to lose by trying?

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Out of preference I’m waiting to have it done at the local doctors.

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

It's worth trying on the site, they seem to go by year date not month/day. What have you got to lose by trying?"

Not eligible according to the website, guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks longer

It's worth trying on the site, they seem to go by year date not month/day. What have you got to lose by trying?

Not eligible according to the website, guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks longer"

It could be down to location, different areas seem to roll out at different speeds. Possibly demographics?

when you book through the NHS website rather than waiting for gp do you get sent to those vaccination centres rather than other venues?

d

"when you book through the NHS website rather than waiting for gp do you get sent to those vaccination centres rather than other venues?

d"

You should get a choice of local centres

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"when you book through the NHS website rather than waiting for gp do you get sent to those vaccination centres rather than other venues?

d

You should get a choice of local centres"

Some are run by GP surgeries, tend to local to where you live but only the surgeries can book into these.

The NHS website will offer you the closest centres with available appointments. Unfortunately when busy that closest centre could be miles away. It depends if you are willing to travel or not.

very frustrating trying to book today..crashing then options miles away.. better to wait for gp?

d

I'm only 39 and got offered mine. Unsure why?

Politely declined

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm only 39 and got offered mine. Unsure why?

Politely declined "

Why ?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

And still sending folk further away when are few vaccine centers closer I'll wait until I'm told rather than making another call as this is how the virus spreads and I'm far from being stupid I'd rather protect myself and others...

Newcastle

Each center or venue should cover the surrounding areas this alone would help further transmission

But we are dealing with adults with no understanding how to control and prevention of spreading its a shambles

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Politely declined "

An healthy 35 year old guy at my gym told me he'd had an invite, so had had his first shot. Some local area have been moving more quickly than others, depending on stock and patient demographics. If you refuse, they'll ultimately move on to younger people.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Tried to book a slot but my nearest center is over 50 miles away.

By *exysingh72Man  over a year ago

Isleworth

Book yesterday and going for mine this morning

Leeds

"And still sending folk further away when are few vaccine centers closer I'll wait until I'm told rather than making another call as this is how the virus spreads and I'm far from being stupid I'd rather protect myself and others..."

I must be stupid because I thought the best way to stop the virus spreading was for people to be vaccinated as soon as possible

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

No the best way to prevent virus spreading is for us all to stay locked up in our own houses for ever, silly

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"No the best way to prevent virus spreading is for us all to stay locked up in our own houses for ever, silly"

That is absolutely true. It is also the best way to avoid death in a car crash, plane crash, train crash, industrial accident or drowning at sea... . Of course you have to balance this against other life risks like starvation and going mad. Life is always a balance of risk.

Booked mine yesterday, get jabbed on Saturday

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

d"

That’s how it works here my mum booked direct and went to a centre and got Oxford I went through gp at the surgery and got Pfizer

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"No the best way to prevent virus spreading is for us all to stay locked up in our own houses for ever, silly

That is absolutely true. It is also the best way to avoid death in a car crash, plane crash, train crash, industrial accident or drowning at sea... . Of course you have to balance this against other life risks like starvation and going mad. Life is always a balance of risk."

Oops, just checked this. Apparently most accidents happen in the home. Nowhere is safe, you can die anywhere, we are all doomed!!!!!

Newcastle

"And still sending folk further away when are few vaccine centers closer I'll wait until I'm told rather than making another call as this is how the virus spreads and I'm far from being stupid I'd rather protect myself and others...

I must be stupid because I thought the best way to stop the virus spreading was for people to be vaccinated as soon as possible"

Well depending on circumstances the need to be vaccinated sooner these slots should be available at local centers first and shouldn't be a need to send people further a field as most people would be using public transport and yet again by government rules stating the distance to travel between the home and nothing above to maintain control of transmission to others this is why every location is either high or low in cases and getting the vaccine doesn't stop transmission to another which many forget but cuts down the impact of the virus to those who have been vaccinated

I never assume folk are stupid because it's mainly lack of understanding

Newcastle

"No the best way to prevent virus spreading is for us all to stay locked up in our own houses for ever, silly

That is absolutely true. It is also the best way to avoid death in a car crash, plane crash, train crash, industrial accident or drowning at sea... . Of course you have to balance this against other life risks like starvation and going mad. Life is always a balance of risk.

Oops, just checked this. Apparently most accidents happen in the home. Nowhere is safe, you can die anywhere, we are all doomed!!!!!"

Theirs a higher risk of a accident within the home then there is outside this has been proven by records stats hospital admissions

Politely declined

Why ?"

In good health and not in an at risk group.

Will wait until the phase 3 trials are completed, if the vaccines are giving a full licence I will have then.

"Out of preference I’m waiting to have it done at the local doctors."

Why.. the centres are so well run

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

Booked mine yesterday afternoon for Monday coming at 10:35am

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I had mine done at the chemist across the road, just ticked the unpaid carer box. Doesn't matter what age you are for that.

By *c73Man  over a year ago

LONDON

Yes just book my last Tuesday done yesterday

All good so far ??

By *rgasmickMan  over a year ago

Visting

Politely declined

Why ?

Will wait until the phase 3 trials are completed, if the vaccines are giving a full licence I will have then. "

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Politely declined

Why ?

Will wait until the phase 3 trials are completed, if the vaccines are giving a full licence I will have then. "

I thought the phase 3 trials finished in March? Or are they still going?.

Mrs Ravensong is currently working hard at our local vaccination center, its extremely well run and very clean and safe.

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

Booked mine for Sunday and 2nd shot booked in too for the 2nd week in May.

called 119 today.. bit madcap but got a booking in the end

d

Dartford

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 14:47:07]

South

"Booked mine for Sunday and 2nd shot booked in too for the 2nd week in May. "

May? Or June

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Mrs Ravensong is currently working hard at our local vaccination center, its extremely well run and very clean and safe. "

Thank you

Dartford

"Booked mine for Sunday and 2nd shot booked in too for the 2nd week in May. "

All done! I have been Oxford Astra-Zenikered today followed by a Sunday Roast washed down with a cold beer to celebrate ! CHEERS! Bottoms up...err, they actually put it in your arm, no bottoms were harmed today in the vaccination of Coolforcats.

Newcastle

Still awaiting for a space available to a center or venue closer then those offered which have been over a hour or two away even though I have two far less

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Bit different in Wales you get sent letter with date, time and location got mine yesterday for next Saturday 60 mile round trip but nothing is close where I live

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Out of preference I’m waiting to have it done at the local doctors.

Why.. the centres are so well run"

As are the GP led centres, my network has collaborated with another, delivering for the whole of Thanet at a former call centre, we are vaccinating 2000 a day, both vaccines and have been asked to deliver the Moderna as well, our community mass sites weren't able to deliver any first doses this month

By *gd66Man  over a year ago

Lichfield

"Out of preference I’m waiting to have it done at the local doctors."

Good luck with that x

We've been informed in Scotland that letters would be getting sent out earlier this week for the over 45's. I'm waiting very patiently and I just hope it's somewhere local to me as I don't drive x

Deal

Just want to shout out my thanks to all the staff and volunteers at the Saga Centre. You are amazing! On your feet for 12/14 hour shifts and greeting us as if we are the first person you've seen. So well organised and safe, cleaning every chair between patients. My admiration goes out to you all. People coming together at a time of need is a wonderful thing to see. THANK YOU ?? #covid19 #saga #broadstairs

Deal

"Just want to shout out my thanks to all the staff and volunteers at the Saga Centre. You are amazing! On your feet for 12/14 hour shifts and greeting us as if we are the first person you've seen. So well organised and safe, cleaning every chair between patients. My admiration goes out to you all. People coming together at a time of need is a wonderful thing to see. THANK YOU ?? #covid19 #saga #broadstairs"
No need for luck, we are doing the best we can, this just happens to make our hard work so worthwhile

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Just want to shout out my thanks to all the staff and volunteers at the Saga Centre. You are amazing! On your feet for 12/14 hour shifts and greeting us as if we are the first person you've seen. So well organised and safe, cleaning every chair between patients. My admiration goes out to you all. People coming together at a time of need is a wonderful thing to see. THANK YOU ?? #covid19 #saga #broadstairs No need for luck, we are doing the best we can, this just happens to make our hard work so worthwhile"

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just want to shout out my thanks to all the staff and volunteers at the Saga Centre. You are amazing! On your feet for 12/14 hour shifts and greeting us as if we are the first person you've seen. So well organised and safe, cleaning every chair between patients. My admiration goes out to you all. People coming together at a time of need is a wonderful thing to see. THANK YOU ?? #covid19 #saga #broadstairs"

We saw lots of grateful patients in Manchester today. Lovely, lovely people and a great day

Deal

"Just want to shout out my thanks to all the staff and volunteers at the Saga Centre. You are amazing! On your feet for 12/14 hour shifts and greeting us as if we are the first person you've seen. So well organised and safe, cleaning every chair between patients. My admiration goes out to you all. People coming together at a time of need is a wonderful thing to see. THANK YOU ?? #covid19 #saga #broadstairs

We saw lots of grateful patients in Manchester today. Lovely, lovely people and a great day "

Yeah, bloody brilliant to be a small part of this massive effort

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

Had mine done this morning, very well run and efficient staff and centre. As yet, no ill effects, no sore arm etc. Will carry on taking paracetamol throughout the day and keep my fingers crossed.

Lichfield

"We've been informed in Scotland that letters would be getting sent out earlier this week for the over 45's. I'm waiting very patiently and I just hope it's somewhere local to me as I don't drive x"

I had my letter two days after my jab. Just go onto nhs website and book your appointment to speed up the process.

Newcastle

Been advised today that it might actually be quicker going via GP because it's a shambles because those who attended with the one who actually had a letter for the vaccine the one who accompanied without an appointment was given the vaccine too and this has messed the system they had in place because each center or venue was only keeping the correct amount needed for those given a appointment for the vaccine

Leeds

So are you saying that people with appointments were turned away as their dose had been given to someone else ?

Newcastle

"So are you saying that people with appointments were turned away as their dose had been given to someone else ?"

Unsure but possible because those who were given a appointment would've been attending and those who accompanied wasn't aware it would've been offered but shouldn't have been without a appointment this was the action of the nurse who were going to give the vaccine nothing to do with the assessment prior as they only assessed the person who had the appointment

South

"Been advised today that it might actually be quicker going via GP because it's a shambles because those who attended with the one who actually had a letter for the vaccine the one who accompanied without an appointment was given the vaccine too and this has messed the system they had in place because each center or venue was only keeping the correct amount needed for those given a appointment for the vaccine "

The systems work independently of each other would take too long to sync them. Expectant adults to be adults and know where they’ve booked and turn up I guess. Delivery is sporadic too they never know what is going to show up.

Im 45 and won’t be having it so one going spare..

Newcastle

"Been advised today that it might actually be quicker going via GP because it's a shambles because those who attended with the one who actually had a letter for the vaccine the one who accompanied without an appointment was given the vaccine too and this has messed the system they had in place because each center or venue was only keeping the correct amount needed for those given a appointment for the vaccine

The systems work independently of each other would take too long to sync them. Expectant adults to be adults and know where they’ve booked and turn up I guess. Delivery is sporadic too they never know what is going to show up. "

The system has been broken because those who had appointment were given a vaccine which is correct but those who accompanied were offered and if they wanted the vaccine were given without a appointment this has messed up the system and more than likely those who had an appointment got turned away because they didn't have enough vaccine I was informed about this when I tried to book and the evidence which I witnessed as I was present at the time when a family member was getting theirs and the advice given over the phone was this was why everything is messed up getting the vaccine and stock of vaccine as each center or venue know by date how many would be getting theirs should they turn up

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Apparently we're at 60% of 45+ already. Hoping I get mine booked soon!

Well I got my first today. And very glad I did .

Leeds

" People with the Pfizer vaccine are a danger to none vaccinated people.

"

Why ?

I'm a vaccinator..

Greatful for all biscuits and cake.. keeps us going on long days.heavy on our feet

" People with the Pfizer vaccine are a danger to none vaccinated people.

Why ?"

I’ll follow that up with the same question..... why do you say that ? Are you one of the dafties who refuse to be vaccinated? Probably because you want to stand out from the crowd ? I was given the Pfizer today , and if you haven’t had yours your vaccine your a much bigger risk to me

North West

"I'm a vaccinator..

Greatful for all biscuits and cake.. keeps us going on long days.heavy on our feet"

I've not had any biscuits or cake at our centres yet!! I did get a free sandwich once though, so not complaining!!

"I'm a vaccinator..

Greatful for all biscuits and cake.. keeps us going on long days.heavy on our feet

I've not had any biscuits or cake at our centres yet!! I did get a free sandwich once though, so not complaining!! "

Your all doing a great job

"I'm a vaccinator..

Greatful for all biscuits and cake.. keeps us going on long days.heavy on our feet"

well deserved

Newcastle

Still unable to book at a centre or venue closer to myself but offered places available over a hour or more government states about traveling within own location and not further to control the spread of the virus why don't the center or venue focus first those closer and cover within surrounding area it would be common sense to

Newcastle

And it's 42 and over now but was 45

By *lutchieMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Still unable to book at a centre or venue closer to myself but offered places available over a hour or more government states about traveling within own location and not further to control the spread of the virus why don't the center or venue focus first those closer and cover within surrounding area it would be common sense to"

Try logging onto the NHS site a few times when I first logged on on Monday I had a minimum 1hour travel and earliest next week but logged on on Tuesday and booked for today within a 10 minutes drive so first stab has been done

Newcastle

"Still unable to book at a centre or venue closer to myself but offered places available over a hour or more government states about traveling within own location and not further to control the spread of the virus why don't the center or venue focus first those closer and cover within surrounding area it would be common sense to

Try logging onto the NHS site a few times when I first logged on on Monday I had a minimum 1hour travel and earliest next week but logged on on Tuesday and booked for today within a 10 minutes drive so first stab has been done"

Thanks for the advice my closest is 30 minutes drive which is also my local for my area which is also one of the main venues or center but I think it's due to stock and haven't really finished the above age groups yet which is delaying my booking unless they have done exactly the same sending people further a field to this one but may also have one or two close the system isn't anything as I've came across people from the other side of my town traveling to a center nearer to me yet pass one in the town center I'd like to know what drugs they have been taking or drinking for having a unprofessionally system in place it's way off the charts nor following government guidelines

I've tried to book online but it doesn't recognise my health number but I know it's correct. Very strange x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm a vaccinator..

I've not had any biscuits or cake at our centres yet!! I did get a free sandwich once though, so not complaining!! "

We had biscuits but the nurses ate them all..

Newcastle

"I've tried to book online but it doesn't recognise my health number but I know it's correct. Very strange x"

Is it the correct page because I think might have 2 options online as when I call it gives me option to press 1 for England and 2 for Scotland

"I've tried to book online but it doesn't recognise my health number but I know it's correct. Very strange x

Is it the correct page because I think might have 2 options online as when I call it gives me option to press 1 for England and 2 for Scotland "

Yes as it's the website for NHS Scotland. It recognised my number last week and tonight it didn't x

Newcastle

"I've tried to book online but it doesn't recognise my health number but I know it's correct. Very strange x

Is it the correct page because I think might have 2 options online as when I call it gives me option to press 1 for England and 2 for Scotland

Yes as it's the website for NHS Scotland. It recognised my number last week and tonight it didn't x"

Ok might just be a glitch as can be keyboard sensitive at times hopefully it works next time you try x

Yes as it's the website for NHS Scotland. It recognised my number last week and tonight it didn't x

Ok might just be a glitch as can be keyboard sensitive at times hopefully it works next time you try x"

I hope so too. I'm waiting on the blue envelope coming in the post anyway x

North West

"I'm a vaccinator..

I've not had any biscuits or cake at our centres yet!! I did get a free sandwich once though, so not complaining!!

We had biscuits but the nurses ate them all.. "

I tend to do afternoon shifts so I'm sure that the confectionery is gone by lunchtime! I'm not complaining about an M&S butty though

in Lancashire

"I'm a vaccinator..

We had biscuits but the nurses ate them all..

I tend to do afternoon shifts so I'm sure that the confectionery is gone by lunchtime! I'm not complaining about an M&S butty though "

Am taking a packed lunch next one..

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Doing younger than that around here.

I had my first yesterday.

"Doing younger than that around here.

I had my first yesterday. "

Same where I live, some of my friends in there mid to late 30's have had texts with the link to book.

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

Announced this morning that they have opened the door to those aged 40 and over

"Announced this morning that they have opened the door to those aged 40 and over "

41 and over, they are expecting those 40+ to be able to book from Tuesday.

Newcastle

Managed to book both over the phone today at the center or venue which is my closest wasn't able to confirm which vaccine I'd receive

Newcastle

"Announced this morning that they have opened the door to those aged 40 and over "

Must be less people who are in between original set age group 45 and up, to move so quickly but it's all great getting through these age groups then able to provide further more vaccine for other countries

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Apparently 95% of over 45s have had at least 1 jab

Newcastle

I find it difficult to understand why only recently Matt Hancock has received his vaccination I assumed he would've come under as a frontline worker

Leeds

"I find it difficult to understand why only recently Matt Hancock has received his vaccination I assumed he would've come under as a frontline worker "

Just like police, firefighters, teachers, bus drivers, shop workers aren't classed as frontline

Newcastle

"I find it difficult to understand why only recently Matt Hancock has received his vaccination I assumed he would've come under as a frontline worker

Just like police, firefighters, teachers, bus drivers, shop workers aren't classed as frontline"

But Boris Johnson had his months ago

Leeds

Boris had his vaccination on 20 March as he is 56. Matt is only 42.

Newcastle

"Boris had his vaccination on 20 March as he is 56. Matt is only 42. "

I didn't realize he was must be all the Botox injections

North West

"Managed to book both over the phone today at the center or venue which is my closest wasn't able to confirm which vaccine I'd receive "

None of the centres know for first doses what will be available. You can't choose on the day if more than one is available, you will be randomly allocated.

"Announced this morning that they have opened the door to those aged 40 and over

Must be less people who are in between original set age group 45 and up, to move so quickly but it's all great getting through these age groups then able to provide further more vaccine for other countries"

Its because a lot of people in those age categories no eligible have been covered in one of the other categories.

Also the booster shots for those in the first 6 priority groups are hopefully starting in October.

Newcastle

"Managed to book both over the phone today at the center or venue which is my closest wasn't able to confirm which vaccine I'd receive

None of the centres know for first doses what will be available. You can't choose on the day if more than one is available, you will be randomly allocated."

Well excuse me but when I booked a family member I asked and was told which vaccine it would be this was this year and they have had both

Leeds

Got my second Pfizer on 8 May hurrah

Lichfield

Well it wouldn’t be last year for sure lol

Newcastle

Plus it's a persons right and entitlement to be aware what it is as these vaccines have not as yet been licensed it's common law practice to be notified within noticed

Newcastle

"Got my second Pfizer on 8 May hurrah"

Woohoo Pfizer is the same company to make Viagra hope mine is too

"Plus it's a persons right and entitlement to be aware what it is as these vaccines have not as yet been licensed it's common law practice to be notified within noticed"

You are told at the appointment.

North West

"Managed to book both over the phone today at the center or venue which is my closest wasn't able to confirm which vaccine I'd receive

None of the centres know for first doses what will be available. You can't choose on the day if more than one is available, you will be randomly allocated.

Well excuse me but when I booked a family member I asked and was told which vaccine it would be this was this year and they have had both"

Some centres only offer one, so in that case obviously they'd know. But the bigger centres like the Etihad in Manchester, for example, can have different vaccines available on different days and the supply is not always known with much advance notice. Vaccine clinics are being amended, rearranged and otherwise changed at short notice (for first doses, mainly) due to the fluctuating supply. Some smaller centres stopped operating for a short while. I'm involved in administering the vaccines at the vaccine hubs...

Finally got my blue envelope in the post today. Appointment for it is Saturday 8th May. Bit nervous but I'm sure I'll be fine x

in Lancashire

Well excuse me but when I booked a family member I asked and was told which vaccine it would be this was this year and they have had both

Some centres only offer one, so in that case obviously they'd know. But the bigger centres like the Etihad in Manchester, for example, can have different vaccines available on different days and the supply is not always known with much advance notice. Vaccine clinics are being amended, rearranged and otherwise changed at short notice (for first doses, mainly) due to the fluctuating supply. Some smaller centres stopped operating for a short while. I'm involved in administering the vaccines at the vaccine hubs..."

We had three different vaccines at one centre last week, astra was mostly second jabs but not exclusively, Moderna was on one floor and Pfizer on another..

Whereas the boss did a smaller centre today and that was astra only..

Newcastle

"Plus it's a persons right and entitlement to be aware what it is as these vaccines have not as yet been licensed it's common law practice to be notified within noticed

You are told at the appointment. "

I meant within reasonable time because when you have been given a date you have been also given like a batch as a system in place would already know what supply is being supplied it's never a last minute decision unless their was a shortage that's why appointments are available because of the supply of a vaccine...

And thank you rest who also provided further response

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Plus it's a persons right and entitlement to be aware what it is as these vaccines have not as yet been licensed it's common law practice to be notified within noticed"

To be fair that option is there already for anyone .. The info is readily available online for all types of the vaccine .. So anyone could then research the drug beforehand and then on the day you sign the paperwork to agree to be bound by the rules, risks and restrictions of the testing process etc

Of course you could take the paperwork on the day to study the smallprint.. Though I doubt if that would go down well with everyone else!

Newcastle

Some centres only offer one, so in that case obviously they'd know. But the bigger centres like the Etihad in Manchester, for example, can have different vaccines available on different days and the supply is not always known with much advance notice. Vaccine clinics are being amended, rearranged and otherwise changed at short notice (for first doses, mainly) due to the fluctuating supply. Some smaller centres stopped operating for a short while. I'm involved in administering the vaccines at the vaccine hubs..."

I think Also it's the size of the city so it doesn't over use one vaccine to another and leave another city short so might be larger cities having more than one vaccine available.

thank you for providing a service

Newcastle

"Plus it's a persons right and entitlement to be aware what it is as these vaccines have not as yet been licensed it's common law practice to be notified within noticed

To be fair that option is there already for anyone .. The info is readily available online for all types of the vaccine .. So anyone could then research the drug beforehand and then on the day you sign the paperwork to agree to be bound by the rules, risks and restrictions of the testing process etc

Of course you could take the paperwork on the day to study the smallprint.. Though I doubt if that would go down well with everyone else! "

Thanks for your reply

It's not so much wanting to do the research it's more like if each individual person per household are given the same vaccine and as for long term side effects we have been living with this All our lives taking some kind of drug to heal state of mind and those have long term illnesses but I've noticed some people forget these even those which can be bought over the counter

North West

I meant within reasonable time because when you have been given a date you have been also given like a batch as a system in place would already know what supply is being supplied it's never a last minute decision unless their was a shortage that's why appointments are available because of the supply of a vaccine...

And thank you rest who also provided further response "

The batch of vaccine you receive on the day is not pre determined when you book. It is genuinely random on the day, unless the centre only offers one manufacturer, or you have a specific medical reason for needing one and not another.

I know for a fact that all the vaccines at my centre on Sunday will be AZ because that's the only one on offer, but at the Etihad, I'd have no idea until allocated to my vaccine pod and even then, it's not necessarily the same batch number all day. Last Thursday, we switched to a new batch number at about 18:00 but that was not pre-determined or pre-destined.

Honestly, no-one is trying to fob you off, it is genuinely a system that relies on people accepting what is offered on the day. All the PILs for all the vaccines are available online on the Government website so you could read about all 3 authorised ones ahead of your appointment, and you'll be given one to take away on the day.

Newcastle

And thank you rest who also provided further response

The batch of vaccine you receive on the day is not pre determined when you book. It is genuinely random on the day, unless the centre only offers one manufacturer, or you have a specific medical reason for needing one and not another.

I know for a fact that all the vaccines at my centre on Sunday will be AZ because that's the only one on offer, but at the Etihad, I'd have no idea until allocated to my vaccine pod and even then, it's not necessarily the same batch number all day. Last Thursday, we switched to a new batch number at about 18:00 but that was not pre-determined or pre-destined.

Honestly, no-one is trying to fob you off, it is genuinely a system that relies on people accepting what is offered on the day. All the PILs for all the vaccines are available online on the Government website so you could read about all 3 authorised ones ahead of your appointment, and you'll be given one to take away on the day."

Thank you for your reply

It has been very helpful so each day can determine which vaccine is given so this clears up my curiosity I believe I'll be getting mine in few weeks and leave my feedback

Thanks once again

» Add a new message to this topic