FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who is still dying?

Who is still dying?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ntrepid Explorers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Just looking at the gov.uk stats, and once the data is deemed complete, we could be averaging single digits. But who are these deaths likely to be? I get the impression that these are likely to be people finally loosing a long battle. Including vulnerable people who could have never got the vaccine, or didn't get it in time.

Obviosuly the "within 28 days" data, limits how long a battle can be shown in that data, but the "listed on death cert" data appears to be unlimited by time - although the data for that has stopped being put on the gov.uk site from what I see.

I think my query is mostly... how much of the current deaths are likely to actually be irrelevant to the current climate in general?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not sure on the deaths.

However if you download the road map to lifting restrictions document from the .gov website it does have some very interesting date.

Point 32 of the document states clearly that the current resurgence in hospitalisations is mainly those over 70 who have had both doses of the vaccine.

I won't post a link as I know the forum is funny about that but it's an easy document to find.

It would make sense that if the majority of hospitalisations are of those over 70 with both shots of the vaccines.

It is these people who are dying.

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's was my uncle's funeral on Saturday, Sadly wasn't able to attend, you know... Pandemic and all that.... but it still feels pretty Fucking relevant to us!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It's was my uncle's funeral on Saturday, Sadly wasn't able to attend, you know... Pandemic and all that.... but it still feels pretty Fucking relevant to us!"

Sorry for your loss. Still struggling with losing my mum to it in jan...so very sympathetic.

Trouble with the numbers games is people tweak them to support whatever is their argument or angle. Only last week someone started a thread on here saying the majority of infections were now under 60s...and a few days later that the majority of infections were in care homes / hospitals. Then we have the kid haters who say the majority of infections are school kids since schools opened to all on March 8th.

I think its hard to generalise and imagine it's different in each area.

The way I see it there's a lot of minds thinking this is already over and its far from it. I imagine this winter is going to be another struggle. We still need to be mindful.

I think this is a very good question. People die every day from many different causes.

What is the 'acceptable' level...

"It's was my uncle's funeral on Saturday, Sadly wasn't able to attend, you know... Pandemic and all that.... but it still feels pretty Fucking relevant to us!"

Pretty sure that's not what they meant.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I'm not sure on the deaths.

However if you download the road map to lifting restrictions document from the .gov website it does have some very interesting date.

Point 32 of the document states clearly that the current resurgence in hospitalisations is mainly those over 70 who have had both doses of the vaccine.

I won't post a link as I know the forum is funny about that but it's an easy document to find.

It would make sense that if the majority of hospitalisations are of those over 70 with both shots of the vaccines.

It is these people who are dying.

"

I'm also intrigued by the use of "resurgence".. According to the govs own website... Hospital admissions peaked at 4577 on 12 Jan and have been dropping every day since... To 194 on 4th April.... 6th April was 221.. The latest data available. Unless the resurgence is the 27 patient uptick between 4th April and 6th April.?

By *ntrepid Explorers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"It's was my uncle's funeral on Saturday, Sadly wasn't able to attend, you know... Pandemic and all that.... but it still feels pretty Fucking relevant to us!

Pretty sure that's not what they meant. "

Yes exactly. Not looking to make any points, just strikes me that most deaths now should be far more exceptional than the "average" case 4 months ago.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

how come you couldn't attend... only asking as I was invited to a funeral this past weekend for a family member. I didn't go as dont like funeral and let them know asap so someone else could take my place. It was quite a drive too.

Portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 12:40:41]

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

"I won't post a link as I know the forum is funny about that but it's an easy document to find."

I think links to official information sources and news outlets are OK. It's commercial and personal links that are the no-no.

Portsmouth

"It's was my uncle's funeral on Saturday, Sadly wasn't able to attend, you know... Pandemic and all that.... but it still feels pretty Fucking relevant to us! how come you couldn't attend... only asking as I was invited to a funeral this past weekend for a family member. I didn't go as dont like funeral and let them know asap so someone else could take my place. It was quite a drive too. "

Distance, number of attendees and Age of attendees.... sirry for being so blunt before, I realize that the OP probably didnt intend to be offensive, perhaps their question could have benefited from a more thoughtful phrasing.....

"I won't post a link as I know the forum is funny about that but it's an easy document to find.

I think links to official information sources and news outlets are OK. It's commercial and personal links that are the no-no. "

Well I guess you can't get more official that .gov

Download document and see point 32

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spi-m-o-summary-of-further-modelling-of-easing-restrictions-roadmap-step-2-31-march-2021

» Add a new message to this topic