FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 3 week warning

3 week warning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So after the beer gardens being packed out yesterday who thinks thats the lockdown 4 3 week warning?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple  over a year ago

unknown

We still waiting for ours to open ,hopefully if we all do what we are supposed to do they will stay open ,enjoy x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

But people are veccunates now so hopefully that will have some effect on the increase in infection and hospitalisation rates now we are mixing more.

evesham

Also.... Should this not be on the virus board?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Also.... Should this not be on the virus board? "

Im being a rebel.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Opening pubs before all business, the furloughed are bored shitless at home it’s no wonder they went to the pub, but us silly key worker cunts will once again continue to work during the week then boom locked down again before we can enjoy some fun

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"So after the beer gardens being packed out yesterday who thinks thats the lockdown 4 3 week warning?

"

Are you implying that these vaccines won't actually reduce hospitalisation and prevent deaths then ?

evesham

"Opening pubs before all business, the furloughed are bored shitless at home it’s no wonder they went to the pub, but us silly key worker cunts will once again continue to work during the week then boom locked down again before we can enjoy some fun "

What businesses didn't open this week?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Uneven herd immunity, mixed messages...

I don't like it at all.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

"Opening pubs before all business, the furloughed are bored shitless at home it’s no wonder they went to the pub, but us silly key worker cunts will once again continue to work during the week then boom locked down again before we can enjoy some fun "
couldnt have said it better myself. K

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

"Uneven herd immunity, mixed messages...

I don't like it at all."

Yep. 70% immune or vaccinated would be a good number if that other 30% wasn't pretty much everyone under 45

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

Schools have been open, no increase despite dire warnings.

All over 50s have had at least one jab.

The vaccine appears to be working.

So no, just because a few people have been seen in pubs maybe not rigidly adhering to the 2m rule. I don’t think we are 3 weeks away from lockdown 4.

I feel there are some on here who secretly want this to go on and on, personally I’m sick of the doom and gloom merchants

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"But people are veccunates now so hopefully that will have some effect on the increase in infection and hospitalisation rates now we are mixing more. "

Vaccine does not protect you from catching the virus or spreading it.

It will give you more chances that you will go through it easier.

So the only difference really will be that hospitals won’t be so packed.

Manchester (she/her)

"Schools have been open, no increase despite dire warnings.

So no, just because a few people have been seen in pubs maybe not rigidly adhering to the 2m rule. I don’t think we are 3 weeks away from lockdown 4.

I feel there are some on here who secretly want this to go on and on, personally I’m sick of the doom and gloom merchants"

Or maybe we want out of this and know putting on a happy face is less effective than mitigating risk.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

People were saying once the schools went back we be in lockdown within weeks well still no lockdown. What with the vaccine and number of people who have already had covid having antibodies think we will see a slight increase in cases but not much more hospitalized which as the scientists have said will be the new norm and will have to be accepted

sutton Coldfield

And for how long do you think we should ‘mitigate risk’. The people who have been mainly filling the hospitals are vaccinated. The jury is out on whether the vaccine can or cannot prevent you catching it. Covid is with us, the difference between now and last year is the people who really suffer from it are vaccinated

Manchester (she/her)

"And for how long do you think we should ‘mitigate risk’. The people who have been mainly filling the hospitals are vaccinated. The jury is out on whether the vaccine can or cannot prevent you catching it. Covid is with us, the difference between now and last year is the people who really suffer from it are vaccinated"

Umm. We mitigate risk forever. Like we do with absolutely everything. It's a question of how far those mitigations go.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Opening pubs before all business, the furloughed are bored shitless at home it’s no wonder they went to the pub, but us silly key worker cunts will once again continue to work during the week then boom locked down again before we can enjoy some fun

What businesses didn't open this week? "

Soft play, indoor sports, theatres, cinemas

Swansea

And with more and more studies still going on with the virus there may be additional tweeks and booster shots to stop the virus cold

sutton Coldfield

"And for how long do you think we should ‘mitigate risk’. The people who have been mainly filling the hospitals are vaccinated. The jury is out on whether the vaccine can or cannot prevent you catching it. Covid is with us, the difference between now and last year is the people who really suffer from it are vaccinated

Umm. We mitigate risk forever. Like we do with absolutely everything. It's a question of how far those mitigations go."

Fair point. I think that risk of this is mitigated by enough people being vaccinated so we shouldn’t need further restrictions soon.

Obviously, we’ll still practise safe sex, wear seat belts and look both ways when we cross a road

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I also give it 3 to 4 weeks, this shows that lockdowns doesnt work.

"Opening pubs before all business, the furloughed are bored shitless at home it’s no wonder they went to the pub, but us silly key worker cunts will once again continue to work during the week then boom locked down again before we can enjoy some fun

Soft play, indoor sports, theatres, cinemas"

Not the type of soft play I am wanting to resume!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"But people are veccunates now so hopefully that will have some effect on the increase in infection and hospitalisation rates now we are mixing more.

So the only difference really will be that hospitals won’t be so packed."

Vaccines reduce how long you are infectious for, and consequently how many others you can infect

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"So after the beer gardens being packed out yesterday who thinks thats the lockdown 4 3 week warning?

"

Judging from the media coverage of the rather irritating pissed up fools up and down the country all hugging and kissing each other like some kind of war has ended .. Which it hasn't! I give May a very optimistic chance of happening and June no chance of happening at all.. Will be Solstice in your own back gardens .. My money is on Tiers 1-4 again across the UK before End of May..

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We shall see new infection spikes after 1 week, more new Infection spikes after 2 weeks, with low hospital admissions and low deaths

I put my faith in the vaccines and their ability to help us live semi normal lives in 2021 with this virus

"We shall see new infection spikes after 1 week, more new Infection spikes after 2 weeks, with low hospital admissions and low deaths

I put my faith in the vaccines and their ability to help us live semi normal lives in 2021 with this virus "

Exactly this!

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Hit the nail right on the head there

Mr H.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Hahaha and they call the conspiracy theorists doom mongers! Life is good! Enjoy it.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"We shall see new infection spikes after 1 week, more new Infection spikes after 2 weeks, with low hospital admissions and low deaths

I put my faith in the vaccines and their ability to help us live semi normal lives in 2021 with this virus "

This is what I can see happening. Breaking the psychological link between infection numbers and panic will be difficult though. The important figures going forward are hospital admissions and deaths, but infection levels will no doubt continue to generate plenty of scary headlines.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I put my faith in the vaccines and their ability to help us live semi normal lives in 2021 with this virus

This is what I can see happening. Breaking the psychological link between infection numbers and panic will be difficult though. The important figures going forward are hospital admissions and deaths, but infection levels will no doubt continue to generate plenty of scary headlines. "

Yes this is new territory indeed, its a numbers game now on what the experts deem acceptable before they panic.

St Neots/Wisbech

This is what I can see happening. Breaking the psychological link between infection numbers and panic will be difficult though. The important figures going forward are hospital admissions and deaths, but infection levels will no doubt continue to generate plenty of scary headlines.

Yes this is new territory indeed, its a numbers game now on what the experts deem acceptable before they panic. "

We've had endless messages about trusting the science, having faith in the vaccination program etc.. and now we have the people who still fear for their lives and cry foul at the recommendations from the same people they poured their faith into.

Even Boris has intimated that we're just going to have to learn to live with it. Stay at home, save your own life.

We need a few more high profile deaths. Covid stopped getting in the news when Phil passed away.

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I think people like lockdown. Why complain when we are gradually opening up. We will never go into lockdown again. We have a vaccine that is protecting us against the virus. The numbers are very low at the moment and they are now vaccinating the 45-50 year old.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

As a non NHS, non blue card holding, non permanent member of staff, who is currently keeping my place of work open by being the sole covid cleaner. I will be very pissed off, if that were to happen.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"We need a few more high profile deaths. Covid stopped getting in the news when Phil passed away."

Can I nominate some?

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

We're one of the countries doing the best. We're one of the countries that has a very high vaccination rate. We haven't had the third wave they're having in Europe.

It's fairly obvious that it's now going to be a relatively inconsequential disease from here on.

Even if there's a rise in cases, the vaccinations and herd immunity will make it nowhere near as serious as before.

Yes, there may be a rise in infections, but the consequences are far less than before the vaccines.

I think it's about time we opened up fully.

St Neots/Wisbech

"We're one of the countries doing the best. We're one of the countries that has a very high vaccination rate. We haven't had the third wave they're having in Europe.

It's fairly obvious that it's now going to be a relatively inconsequential disease from here on.

Even if there's a rise in cases, the vaccinations and herd immunity will make it nowhere near as serious as before.

Yes, there may be a rise in infections, but the consequences are far less than before the vaccines.

I think it's about time we opened up fully."

Sadly there's still too many doom mongers who still can't grasp this. We've protected the vulnerable, so even if the cases did spike again, we wouldn't be in danger of losing lives like before.

The third wave in Europe is the Kent variant which the vaccine is effective against, so that little nugget that keeps getting banded about is moot.

Now is the time to let the frightened look after themselves and let the rest of us get on with it. Life goes on, time to start living again instead of just surviving.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Scaremongering doom and gloomers, I went to pub yesterday, social distancing, sat at table, table service and only aloud in to go to loo. One way in and one way out. Couple hours out, just what was needed

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I thought Boris said that there will be no more lockdowns.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I feel there are some on here who secretly want this to go on and on, personally I’m sick of the doom and gloom merchants"

I honestly think there are some weird retarded people who are thriving on the lockdowns and love it !

They won’t be loving it when we have 10 million on unemployment and we are having to sack NHS and council staff because there’s not enough money left in the pot to pay them.

Some people need to take a look at some countries that 50 years ago had healthy economies and now people in those countries are living in extreme poverty because of bad government decisions.

And by extreme poverty I mean living in derelict buildings and begging a living to eat, not worrying if your dole money will cover you fag ration and Sky TV subscription !

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"Scaremongering doom and gloomers, I went to pub yesterday, social distancing, sat at table, table service and only aloud in to go to loo. One way in and one way out. Couple hours out, just what was needed "

Unfortunately not everyone had the sense to be like you. The pics in the media show just what sort of arseholes we have in the UK

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm probably one of those that you're all accusing of "loving the lockdowns". I fucking hate the lockdowns, I never want another lockdown, I never wanted any of the lockdowns. Unfortunately the sheer overwhelming number of utter arseholes in this country (from BoJo on downwards) who are incapable of the slightest bit of self restraint when a killer disease is on the loose, allowed this plague to become so widespread that what could have been just a handful of deaths turned into a tsunami of bodies.

If there is another lockdown, or two, or three, or going on forever, it will be solely down to the continued actions of those arseholes that think only of themselves. From day one I've known that the UK is in an enviable situation in the western world, that as an island fully in control of it's borders, if it wanted to it could have remained covid free. And from day one I've been aware that the UK is full of selfish bastards who don't give a fuck about anything except their divine right to go to a pub or a football match and pass germs to each other.

The lockdowns have happened because of the sheer number of people bleating about how they don't think lockdowns apply to them.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Scaremongering doom and gloomers, I went to pub yesterday, social distancing, sat at table, table service and only aloud in to go to loo. One way in and one way out. Couple hours out, just what was needed "

That's great for you shame that others can't be more civilised.

On our evening walk last night a group of lads about ten of them walking down street the short walk from one pup to the other all shouting their heads off smashing glasses on the floor intentionally bumping into people and hugging each other.

And this is in a relatively quiet backwater of a place in darkest Hampshire.

I can't even imagine what it's like in town and city centres.

"

Scare mongering

‘Soft play’, did they actually mention that? Lol

No what you mean but the thought made me smile lol

Soft play, indoor sports, theatres, cinemas"

"I'm probably one of those that you're all accusing of "loving the lockdowns". I fucking hate the lockdowns, I never want another lockdown, I never wanted any of the lockdowns. Unfortunately the sheer overwhelming number of utter arseholes in this country (from BoJo on downwards) who are incapable of the slightest bit of self restraint when a killer disease is on the loose, allowed this plague to become so widespread that what could have been just a handful of deaths turned into a tsunami of bodies.

If there is another lockdown, or two, or three, or going on forever, it will be solely down to the continued actions of those arseholes that think only of themselves. From day one I've known that the UK is in an enviable situation in the western world, that as an island fully in control of it's borders, if it wanted to it could have remained covid free. And from day one I've been aware that the UK is full of selfish bastards who don't give a fuck about anything except their divine right to go to a pub or a football match and pass germs to each other.

The lockdowns have happened because of the sheer number of people bleating about how they don't think lockdowns apply to them."

Plain speaking and good sense at its best

Not enough folks around like you

Well said

By *K herts mMan  over a year ago

Fleetwood

"I also give it 3 to 4 weeks, this shows that lockdowns doesnt work."

Lockdown clearly do work from the idea that they are there to enforce the rules. OK not everyone followed the rules but less people were at risk of spreading and catching it. Just like meeting outside was safe with the 2m rule. But if you are at a friends house in the garden for a bbq great. Oh wait I need the loo where do I go? I end up in the house and so do others. If lockdown didn't work then the numbers would not reduce during lockdown. Funny how when less people were out and about ignoring or forgetting 2m and face masks etc the numbers dropped. In my opinion of course I'm sure plenty of people will agree with me and I also expect people to disagree. At then end of the day no matter what the government do orr don't do there will always be people who don't like it. All we can do is get through it the best we can.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Apparently the vaccines aren’t that effective against the South African variant so there’s every possibility that we could be in lockdown again within the next month.

Glad some people got out and got pissed though... not!

"Apparently the vaccines aren’t that effective against the South African variant so there’s every possibility that we could be in lockdown again within the next month.

Glad some people got out and got pissed though... not!"

Not as effective against mild disease but still highly effective against severe disease.

St Neots/Wisbech

"Apparently the vaccines aren’t that effective against the South African variant so there’s every possibility that we could be in lockdown again within the next month.

Glad some people got out and got pissed though... not!"

Two vaccines showed only 60% efficacy against A/V , taken from a small number of cases.

Astrozenica already confident of an improved version fairly quickly, but this news seems to fly under the radar. Quick enough to to spread doom, even quicker to search for the full stories.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"But people are veccunates now so hopefully that will have some effect on the increase in infection and hospitalisation rates now we are mixing more.

There has been data showing it may prevent some transmission.

Dudley

"I also give it 3 to 4 weeks, this shows that lockdowns doesnt work."

Lockdowns DO work, how else do you explain the slowing down of cases, deaths and hospitalisations each lockdown? Honestly, you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue. The lockdowns have worked, very well in fact.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I also give it 3 to 4 weeks, this shows that lockdowns doesnt work.

Lockdowns DO work, how else do you explain the slowing down of cases, deaths and hospitalisations each lockdown? Honestly, you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue. The lockdowns have worked, very well in fact. "

Also look at Brasil as an example of how catastrophic not having lockdown is.

Lockdowns DO work, how else do you explain the slowing down of cases, deaths and hospitalisations each lockdown? Honestly, you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue. The lockdowns have worked, very well in fact.

Also look at Brasil as an example of how catastrophic not having lockdown is."

As mad as Bolsonaro is I do wonder how you think they could lockdown the flavelas.

St Neots/Wisbech

Lockdowns DO work, how else do you explain the slowing down of cases, deaths and hospitalisations each lockdown? Honestly, you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue. The lockdowns have worked, very well in fact. "

And in the nick of time comes this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/?via=webuproar

Most people over 50 vacillated, but are these people the ones packing the pubs out ? Maybe not , some people think it’s over , that’s it’s all back to normal now primark is open , lockdown will happen again

Dudley

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/?via=webuproar"

I don't think that's a new thing, anyone with a positive test within 28 days is being counted, that doesn't mean covid killed them.

St Neots/Wisbech

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/?via=webuproar

I don't think that's a new thing, anyone with a positive test within 28 days is being counted, that doesn't mean covid killed them."

I was referring to your comment 'you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue.' Which this report shows to be the case.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't think that's a new thing, anyone with a positive test within 28 days is being counted, that doesn't mean covid killed them."

But the causes of deaths are very accurately being recorded. You can get the data from the ONS.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/?via=webuproar"

What it shows is a proportion of deaths were "with" rather than "from" Covid, but that doesn't take into account how UK death certificates work. Let's use my Grandma as an example. She died in 2010. The primary cause of her death was a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) but other causes were cancer of the digestive tract, dementia and adrenal TB. Do you think she'd still have suffered the pulmonary embolism if she'd not had that combination of illnesses? Most likely not. So, having cancer etc as the "died with" causes rather than "died of" is immaterial.

Many people will have died due to blood clots, strokes or heart failure "with" Covid but for whom the same fate might have not happened had they not contracted a virus known to lead to blood clots and other cardiovascular problems.

"I'm probably one of those that you're all accusing of "loving the lockdowns". I fucking hate the lockdowns, I never want another lockdown, I never wanted any of the lockdowns. Unfortunately the sheer overwhelming number of utter arseholes in this country (from BoJo on downwards) who are incapable of the slightest bit of self restraint when a killer disease is on the loose, allowed this plague to become so widespread that what could have been just a handful of deaths turned into a tsunami of bodies.

The lockdowns have happened because of the sheer number of people bleating about how they don't think lockdowns apply to them."

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Totally agree.

And as to the all on furlough comment down the pubs now, surely a lot of the poor people that work in hospitality have been on furlough so yes they probably are down there working in them again.

We are doing so well now with the vaccine let’s try and be positive....

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

In my humble opinion I think the infection rate will increase but the death rate will remain around the same or increase slightly.

Once the death rate decreases to 10-20 the press will become disinterested and Brexit will start to creep back into the headlines..

Without press coverage Covid will slip away, unless of course the death rate shoots up, hopefully this won't be the case, let's see what the numbers show.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

What it shows is a proportion of deaths were "with" rather than "from" Covid, but that doesn't take into account how UK death certificates work. Let's use my Grandma as an example. She died in 2010. The primary cause of her death was a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) but other causes were cancer of the digestive tract, dementia and adrenal TB. Do you think she'd still have suffered the pulmonary embolism if she'd not had that combination of illnesses? Most likely not. So, having cancer etc as the "died with" causes rather than "died of" is immaterial.

Many people will have died due to blood clots, strokes or heart failure "with" Covid but for whom the same fate might have not happened had they not contracted a virus known to lead to blood clots and other cardiovascular problems."

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Of course lockdowns work, they stop the transmission of the virus, but it’s an artificial world that everyone lives in and you have to decide how long you want that for.

Boris said we were having the lockdown until the silver bullet vaccine kicked in.

There comes a point where you have to weigh up freedoms against deaths and seeing as more people are no dying a day from suicides, RTA’s and cancer than Covid19 then you can’t live in an artificial live indefinitely,

As for putting a price on a life, doesn’t the NHS do that every day when it decides to fund cancer or other treatments (or not) from their regional budgets.

Lots of moral issues to consider, but we do have an aging population kept alive by a cocktail of drugs and treatments that Covid19 loves to attack, so surely if the most vulnerable are protected we have to start to try and live normal lives again !

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Well said

Swansea

"In my humble opinion I think the infection rate will increase but the death rate will remain around the same or increase slightly.

Once the death rate decreases to 10-20 the press will become disinterested and Brexit will start to creep back into the headlines..

Without press coverage Covid will slip away, unless of course the death rate shoots up, hopefully this won't be the case, let's see what the numbers show. "

I agree that the press are mostly responsible for peoples fear. Think it is time they changed their take on how covid is reported . With the death figures now quite low it may be time to stop reporting them and the do not report the number of people who died of cancer heart attacks strokes or car accidents in the last 24 hrs. Time for some possitive spin. But of course that doesn t sell papers or keep people watching.

this

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Many people will have died due to blood clots, strokes or heart failure "with" Covid but for whom the same fate might have not happened had they not contracted a virus known to lead to blood clots and other cardiovascular problems."

Need four categories:

1. Direct cause of death was Covid

2. Direct cause of death exacerbated by Covid (ie person may have survived/not got the terminal illness if not also having had Covid)

3. Direct cause of death not impacted by Covid (ie having had Covid was irrelevant to why they died)

4. Died but did not have Covid in last 28 days (or at all - though saying that what about impact of long Covid?)

If the vaccine uptake of over 45s doesn't reach expectations. A new strain will appear just in time for summer holidays.

Watch this space. We WILL go back into lockdown.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Like I said in previous post we don't need doom and gloomers. I for one can't wait for pubs to open fully to give them back an income and booking my hols

Manchester (she/her)

"Like I said in previous post we don't need doom and gloomers. I for one can't wait for pubs to open fully to give them back an income and booking my hols"

I'm afraid if you read and post in this section, you'll get a variety of views, including some you don't like.

Two vaccines showed only 60% efficacy against A/V , taken from a small number of cases.

Astrozenica already confident of an improved version fairly quickly, but this news seems to fly under the radar. Quick enough to to spread doom, even quicker to search for the full stories. "

that is positive! it wouldn’t mean we were back to square zero, but it would mean back to the beginning of the vaccine roll out again and presumably the tweaked versions still need testing?

i definitely want the vaccine but my worry is that people who are happy to get it , have to keep getting another top up for a variant and another top up for a variant and get to the point where they say stuff this enough is enough with the never ending cycle - not sure what that would mean for gaps in herd immunity

i know we have new flu vaccines every year but we are not trying to capture the whole population with that

Dudley

I don't think that's a new thing, anyone with a positive test within 28 days is being counted, that doesn't mean covid killed them.

I was referring to your comment 'you are literally saying something that data shows is completely untrue.' Which this report shows to be the case. "

Ah my bad

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 19:16:14]

Manchester (she/her)

Astrozenica already confident of an improved version fairly quickly, but this news seems to fly under the radar. Quick enough to to spread doom, even quicker to search for the full stories.

that is positive! it wouldn’t mean we were back to square zero, but it would mean back to the beginning of the vaccine roll out again and presumably the tweaked versions still need testing?

i definitely want the vaccine but my worry is that people who are happy to get it , have to keep getting another top up for a variant and another top up for a variant and get to the point where they say stuff this enough is enough with the never ending cycle - not sure what that would mean for gaps in herd immunity

i know we have new flu vaccines every year but we are not trying to capture the whole population with that "

Hopefully as transmission slows through vaccination, so too will development of new variants, and so too will the need to boost. (Of course this requires we help the developing world and someone deal with that idiot in Brazil - dear mods, at most hyperbole, not asking for assassination)

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

"

Local pub was very busy

Manchester (she/her)

Local pub was very busy"

The pub I overlook has been consistently full but looks well run

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I actually am pretty optimistic about where we're at at the moment. I suspect the power lifting has already been done by the vaccine. Not that I would say lift everything and make it a free for all. I think the suck in and see step by step is the right way forward. Obviously the data will speak for its self and decide next actions. But I don't predict a huge increase in hospitalisation and deaths over the next 3 weeks and the road map to continue as planned.

7 pubs so far. One twice, one 3 times....eaten at 4.

All well organized, socially distanced between groups. Masks on to go into the loo.

Mo worries here at all....

North West

I haven't yet had the occasion to go to anywhere I didn't go to before the lockdown eased, other than the gym. That's it. Sainsbury's, petrol station, gym, hospital appointments and vaccine clinics. Otherwise continue to work from home!

Could get run over by a bus tomorrow - do whatever you feel is safe for you and others

"Could get run over by a bus tomorrow - do whatever you feel is safe for you and others"

This

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

What businesses didn't open this week? "

Bars and restaurants with no outside space.

Holiday abroad companies.

Universities

Adult education classes

North West

"

Universities

Adult education classes"

Indoor sports facilities for team sports (unless youth or disabled)

Trampoline parks

Cinemas

Bowling alleys

Etc.

Swansea

"Could get run over by a bus tomorrow - do whatever you feel is safe for you and others

This

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I haven't yet had the occasion to go to anywhere I didn't go to before the lockdown eased, other than the gym. That's it. Sainsbury's, petrol station, gym, hospital appointments and vaccine clinics. Otherwise continue to work from home!"

I'm pretty much the same and think the majority of the population haven't altered much, apart from some going shopping in the recently opened shops.

Warner weather will have had a few meeting outdoors, which is generally safer. The recent preliminary vaccine research results showing reductions in infections, followed by 1 shot, bodes well, unless new variants were to enter and gain hold.

Manchester (she/her)

"Could get run over by a bus tomorrow - do whatever you feel is safe for you and others"

As I'm entirely unvaccinated against Covid, that'll be keeping my disease vector butt at home, then.

Leeds

"

Universities

Adult education classes

Indoor sports facilities for team sports (unless youth or disabled)

Trampoline parks

Cinemas

Bowling alleys

"

Theatres

Concert Venues

Sporting Venues

Wedding Venues

Nightclubs

Swingers Clubs

Leeds

Museums

Art Galleries

Stately Homes

Indoor animal attractions like Aquariums, butterflies, meerkats, tropical houses etc

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Are you implying that these vaccines won't actually reduce hospitalisation and prevent deaths then ?

"

Not everyone wants to get vaccinated, so we still have those people to spread the virus around.

Manchester (she/her)

Not everyone wants to get vaccinated, so we still have those people to spread the virus around."

And the vaccines aren't 100% effective, so those who won't get vaccinated can spread it to those who did their best, and those who can't be vaccinated.

» Add a new message to this topic