FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > "not meeting until after Covid"

"not meeting until after Covid"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You see the above still on most people's profiles, curious to know, at what point are you deeming us to be after Covid?

What has to have happened? Your 2nd jab, their 2nd jab? Cases at lower levels than now? Clubs re-open as per guidelines?

Curious and asking for a friend of course

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Both jabs, mounted immune response, all people over 18 offered vaccine, Covid and variant situation not in crisis mode and prevalence low, it being legal, social distancing being over, the people I'm meeting being vaccinated.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

There’s the small matter of the law to consider as well.

By *oxy lady40Woman  over a year ago

bridgwater

Personally not even consider any meets to all age groups have had both jabs

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

For full on fuck meets....all social restrictions to be removed which currently is the 21st June I believe.

Social meets are possible now I guess but I rarely do social meets

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Seeing as I can't even hug my own children yet I'm damned if I'm going to touch a stranger

Manchester (she/her)

"Seeing as I can't even hug my own children yet I'm damned if I'm going to touch a stranger"

It's occurred to me that casual sex is more attainable to me than hugging my parents

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When fab remove the COVID-19 report button then it be friends only to start with

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I've been asked this a lot. I don't know when that date will be. And even when I do feel comfortable, there are far too many friends and family members I want to see before someone from Fab.

June 21st is the current date for social distancing guidelines to be lifted and a return to 'normality'.

Apart from that I would imagine some people not wanting to meet until next year. COVID won't disappear but it should become manageable. But everyone will have their own idea of when they are comfortable meeting.

For you folk I’d say the earliest is June 21st and the maybe jans but I’m fucked if I know for us!!!!

T

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"I've been asked this a lot. I don't know when that date will be. And even when I do feel comfortable, there are far too many friends and family members I want to see before someone from Fab. "

This totally

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

To my understanding of the law as it stands, social distancing rules will be lifted in june, subject to all the relevant criteria being met.

So for me that is when I will start with intimate activities

Cardiff

"Seeing as I can't even hug my own children yet I'm damned if I'm going to touch a stranger

It's occurred to me that casual sex is more attainable to me than hugging my parents "

Right? I could get laid today if I wanted to (I don’t), but I can’t see my mum.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I don’t understand why people still think there’s flexibility in this. When the law changes and social distancing is removed will be the time when people can plan on meeting for sex.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I don’t understand why people still think there’s flexibility in this. When the law changes and social distancing is removed will be the time when people can plan on meeting for sex. "

100% this

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

When we feel comfortable. We both have our 2nd jabs in the next fortnight but it doesn’t stop you getting CV or passing it on

J x

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've had both my jabs but I still can't see me doing any new meets for a good while. We are still in lockdown even tho restrictions are easing but at present I can't see me doing new meets for another good while .

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

Covid is exponentially easier to catch than HIV and potentially more devastating. Anyone wanting to take the risk now should understand that.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

When it is legal.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

When the Government says we are allowed into each others' homes, when when I've had my second vaccination, numbers look good to me, and when I find someone worth the risk

"Covid is exponentially easier to catch than HIV and potentially more devastating. Anyone wanting to take the risk now should understand that. "

STI's and covid will be rife. People out shagging everything that moves. No sex here for the foreseeable future.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

When meeting people in a given setting is not illegal.

Social distancing is going to be active for a long long time. Not even the biggest braggard on here is big enough to screw and distance at the same time.

We are going to have to trust science with the vaccine or stick to online activities only.

So it really boils down to how long your libido can be resisted.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I don’t understand why people still think there’s flexibility in this. When the law changes and social distancing is removed will be the time when people can plan on meeting for sex. "

Because they want the answer to be ten o clock tonight...

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

Please do not let the government decide for you. They have other priorities.

Manchester (she/her)

"Seeing as I can't even hug my own children yet I'm damned if I'm going to touch a stranger

It's occurred to me that casual sex is more attainable to me than hugging my parents

Right? I could get laid today if I wanted to (I don’t), but I can’t see my mum."

I mean, when it's legal. The logistics of seeing my parents (Australia, so both UK and Australia regarding each other as safe, plus any refueling destination regarded as safe by both) is like... 2022 at the earliest.

(I believe the UK is listed by the Australian government as being the same level of dangerousness which is normally reserved for North Korea. A year ago even New Zealand got that designation and I was shook)

Whenever I’m ready being honest. Tomorrow isn’t promised live for now

Everyone seems to think Covid will suddenly go away. It won’t. EVER. We will all need to learn to live with it. Took 70 years for the worldwide Polio vaccine campaign to effectively eradicate Polio. (From when it was first developed). Covid will continue to mutate and challenge vaccine effectiveness. The best hope is that enough people will develop immunity or be vaccinated (Darwin awards to the anti vaccine brigade) and hopefully Covid will mutate into a lesser form of the evil and debilitating disease it currently is.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I understand that people are impatient, that’s fair but jumping the gun and meeting before it’s ‘safe’ (social distancing removed at least) is fool hardy.

It will get to a point where it’s a case of personal risk management, based on personal factors and individual judgement, just like driving a car or catching a plane but we’re not there yet and I will be surprised if it is at the June deadline.

Is sex so important that people are willing to break laws and flout guidance, especially when there are so many basic things that we still can’t do?

Personally I say no and I won’t meet others that consider their wants above the needs of others.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

When you're allowed to meet indoors without socially distancing.

Cardiff

Right? I could get laid today if I wanted to (I don’t), but I can’t see my mum.

I mean, when it's legal. The logistics of seeing my parents (Australia, so both UK and Australia regarding each other as safe, plus any refueling destination regarded as safe by both) is like... 2022 at the earliest.

(I believe the UK is listed by the Australian government as being the same level of dangerousness which is normally reserved for North Korea. A year ago even New Zealand got that designation and I was shook)"

My family is in Ireland, so not as difficult as it is for you, but still not just popping to the next town over.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

In my case not until at least the clubs reopen as that’s where I would normally meet for the first time. Unless I’d got to know that person quite well and felt I was safe in their company.

So currently it’s June 21st but I expect that date to be put back, as I’m very pessimistic about this being over this year.

I answer most of my messages ‘not meeting currently’ and it generally ends the conversation there and then. But on occasion a few one or two have convinced me when it’s safe they’d be first on my list

Lol people are scared stiff init

Manchester (she/her)

"Lol people are scared stiff init"

Lots of people are valuing responsibility over orgasms innit

evesham

Not really. We just think with our big brain

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

After 21st june for now social meets distanced b fine x

ashford

Sadly yes some are! I know of older people older than me ha ha that have decided they never leaving their homes again!?? so sad x

"Lol people are scared stiff init

Lots of people are valuing responsibility over orgasms innit"

Each to there own, value is subjective I guess

Sadly yes some are! I know of older people older than me ha ha that have decided they never leaving their homes again!?? so sad x"

Really sad how much this pandemic has impacted a lot of people's mental health. Just hope confidence can grow back over time.

evesham

Each to there own, value is subjective I guess "

Wow so if you brought it back to a family member you'd be OK telling them it was worth it cos you got your dick wet?

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I've received both jabs, which was a prerequisite.

But I won't be looking to attend clubs or meet anyone until it's legal, and until they have been jabbed too. Prevalence of cases must be low and we'd likely chat about risk factors such as how many other people we'd both met, if we have spouses/partners who are meeting others.

In time I'm sure I'll be less cautious but I don't ever see myself having sex with someone who isn't vaccinated or medically exempt.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I've received both jabs, which was a prerequisite.

But I won't be looking to attend clubs or meet anyone until it's legal, and until they have been jabbed too. Prevalence of cases must be low and we'd likely chat about risk factors such as how many other people we'd both met, if we have spouses/partners who are meeting others.

In time I'm sure I'll be less cautious but I don't ever see myself having sex with someone who isn't vaccinated or medically exempt."

This ^^^

Manchester (she/her)

"

In time I'm sure I'll be less cautious but I don't ever see myself having sex with someone who isn't vaccinated or medically exempt."

Yes, hard pass.

When it's legal.

When I have had both vaccinations.

When my close family have had both vaccinations.

I don't consider myself unreasonably fearful, but I am clinically vulnerable and have high risk people in my bubble. It's not fair to put others at risk for casual sex.

By *iscreet-is-paramountMan  over a year ago

where no one knows

I'm more intrested in a decent holiday. The way things are going abroad, it won't be this yr.

Manchester (she/her)

"When it's legal.

I don't consider myself unreasonably fearful, but I am clinically vulnerable and have high risk people in my bubble. It's not fair to put others at risk for casual sex."

I do community work and I value the people I serve over my libido.

Each to there own, value is subjective I guess "

Yes and relative to our development frame. Not all values are equal though. Egocentric values are not as valuable as Ethnocentric, that are not as valuable as Worldcentric, that are not as valuable as Cosmocentric. We can all evolve beyond the most primitive values if we choose.

June

For me it's just as soon as someone agrees to do it with me, so I'm probably looking at about 2025.

Luton

"When it's legal.

I don't consider myself unreasonably fearful, but I am clinically vulnerable and have high risk people in my bubble. It's not fair to put others at risk for casual sex."

This.

I have gone over a year without kissing someone I'm deeply in love with because she's extremely vulnerable and gets hospitalised with colds....covid would kill her, without any doubt. I'm also not going to put my cousin, who has just had major surgery and will have ongoing treatment for cancer, an risk. Or my nigh on 80 year old mother. An orgasm or even a great sexual experience isn't worth that risk.

I work in a school and I don't especially want to put mi colleagues or the kids here at risk either.

So I'll probably not be rushing to the clubs in late June. But quite likely before the end of the year if things continue to improve.

Wow so if you brought it back to a family member you'd be OK telling them it was worth it cos you got your dick wet? "

Bold of you to assume I have a family

evesham

Wow so if you brought it back to a family member you'd be OK telling them it was worth it cos you got your dick wet?

Bold of you to assume I have a family "

OK... Friends then, people you care about.... Oh wait, you probably don't have any of those just so you can seem edgy

ashford

Sadly yes some are! I know of older people older than me ha ha that have decided they never leaving their homes again!?? so sad x

Really sad how much this pandemic has impacted a lot of people's mental health. Just hope confidence can grow back over time.

"

I know very sad! We need to just get on after 21st june! But sadly for some they will never regain that confidence to live again rather than excist! Know which I would choose! I've even seen some saying they will only meet with vaccinated! each to their own I suppose! X

Manchester (she/her)

I find it bemusing that community minder is misconstrued as fear.

Manchester (she/her)

"I find it bemusing that community minder is misconstrued as fear."

Mindedness

Auto carrot

OK... Friends then, people you care about.... Oh wait, you probably don't have any of those just so you can seem edgy "

So much assuming without knowing your just throwing things out there lol. How have I tried to seem ‘edgy’?

People I care for could all be vaccinated for all you know, what would be the issue then? I’m sure you’ll find one.

evesham

OK... Friends then, people you care about.... Oh wait, you probably don't have any of those just so you can seem edgy

So much assuming without knowing your just throwing things out there lol. How have I tried to seem ‘edgy’?

People I care for could all be vaccinated for all you know, what would be the issue then? I’m sure you’ll find one. "

True. They could be. I'll assume (again) that right now they have not had both jabs.

Just find your attitude towards those who are following the guidelines as scared stiff pretty shitty to be honest when in fact we are looking after those we care about rather than our own selfish needs.

Manchester (she/her)

People I care for could all be vaccinated for all you know, what would be the issue then? I’m sure you’ll find one.

True. They could be. I'll assume (again) that right now they have not had both jabs.

Just find your attitude towards those who are following the guidelines as scared stiff pretty shitty to be honest when in fact we are looking after those we care about rather than our own selfish needs. "

Protecting others against our own interests and desires is the opposite of fear.

When the government give the ok. I'll use my own judgement after that.

Just find your attitude towards those who are following the guidelines as scared stiff pretty shitty to be honest when in fact we are looking after those we care about rather than our own selfish needs. "

Feel free to assume it’s just when you do you make a (ass) of (u) and (me)

Whether you find my attitude shitty or not is up to you doesn’t change the fact people are scared stiff during this time.

Just find your attitude towards those who are following the guidelines as scared stiff pretty shitty to be honest when in fact we are looking after those we care about rather than our own selfish needs.

Protecting others against our own interests and desires is the opposite of fear."

Lol

Whether you find my attitude shitty or not is up to you doesn’t change the fact people are scared stiff during this time. "

I'm not scared stiff,I'm just not stupid.

Never!

I’m thinking that I’m never going to have casual encounters ever again. I’ve received so many selfish messages over the course of the pandemic that it’s left a bad taste in my mouth.

I’m probably only ever gonna meet my current friends, as I can trust them. X

ashford

Whether you find my attitude shitty or not is up to you doesn’t change the fact people are scared stiff during this time. "

Your not wrong some are actually scared stiff! My daughter has a gardening business and 2 of her clients are never going out again ever! One his choice being to scared the other scared by his family which I find even sader! But one little lady just wants to get out there! She is a feisty lovely lady in her 90s! Have been out on garden visits with her pre covid! She is adorable! X

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

We can still protect people by putting ourselves into a 2 week quarantine before we meet them. I do this for my elderly mother even though we have both been vaccinated. I work from home so it may not be as possible for those who don't.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Depends on when it is deemed "Safe" and down to personal preference in the end we prefer not to play Russian roulette with our health 99.5% of the time and much prefer people who don't either and as sad as our life is at the moment we do still quite like drawing in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide and rather frown on having machines doing it for us and we are quite sure all the Doctors and Nurses have far better things to do ???

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 20/04/21 12:32:14]

South

"We can still protect people by putting ourselves into a 2 week quarantine before we meet them. I do this for my elderly mother even though we have both been vaccinated. I work from home so it may not be as possible for those who don't. "

Sod that not one single fab shag is worth two weeks of me not seeing friends and family outside.

South

[Removed by poster at 20/04/21 12:33:51]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's currently at the levels of flu, for deaths, which is good to hear that measure - but covid is much worse, leaving longer term problems for people. In a couple of months it should be safer, if the government are guided by the data. So I'm thinking later summer but it's too early to plan yet.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's currently at the levels of flu, for deaths, which is good to hear that measure - but covid is much worse, leaving longer term problems for people. In a couple of months it should be safer, if the government are guided by the data. So I'm thinking later summer but it's too early to plan yet. "

I got an email recently suggesting that 1.1 million people in the UK are suffering from long Covid. I just... It doesn't bear thinking about.

Covid "over"? Will it ever be ??

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid "over"? Will it ever be ??"

I think at some stage it'll be a similar threat to measles or the flu.

"You see the above still on most people's profiles, curious to know, at what point are you deeming us to be after Covid?

What has to have happened? Your 2nd jab, their 2nd jab? Cases at lower levels than now? Clubs re-open as per guidelines?

Curious and asking for a friend of course "

My guess would be,when that individual or couple deems it safe to meet.

Untill then,respect their wishes,it's their fab life,how they conduct it is up to them.

I will be meeting in june, once allowed and when clubs are open.

I have had socially distanced socials already.

I have long term friends i am wanting to meet and maybe some new guys.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I guess wait and see..

Possibly June if it goes ahead though it will be with a lot of care and research into whoever is being met with that's for sure ..

I know this is a sex site but there are lots on here who seem to be ready to jump on anything or any one as soon as they possibly can..

One thing lockdown taught me is casual sex meets really are not the be and end all anymore.

Plenty of time to build up good friendships with people and get to know people with a view to possible meetings when it is seen to be safe and feels safe enough to do it..

By *ilver_Fox57Couple  over a year ago

Grantham

"Seeing as I can't even hug my own children yet I'm damned if I'm going to touch a stranger"

This exactly xx

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I'll be out at my favourite club the first Friday it's open. That's when my 'meets' shall begin again.

By *ueenieHWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I've put im not meeting till I've had full vaccine, I've had people telling me I'm being stupid and that I'm using it as a excuse or being told that I'll be waiting a long time because I'm 29. People think it's funny I'm wait till im fully vaccinated and think its acceptable to mock me over it

Manchester (she/her)

"I've put im not meeting till I've had full vaccine, I've had people telling me I'm being stupid and that I'm using it as a excuse or being told that I'll be waiting a long time because I'm 29. People think it's funny I'm wait till im fully vaccinated and think its acceptable to mock me over it"

Funny how personal choice is only sacrosanct when it's not in favour of public health

Yes and relative to our development frame. Not all values are equal though. Egocentric values are not as valuable as Ethnocentric, that are not as valuable as Worldcentric, that are not as valuable as Cosmocentric. We can all evolve beyond the most primitive values if we choose."

Not to mention egotistical

Lol

"Never!

I’m thinking that I’m never going to have casual encounters ever again. I’ve received so many selfish messages over the course of the pandemic that it’s left a bad taste in my mouth.

I’m probably only ever gonna meet my current friends, as I can trust them. X"

That’s probably just cum

When legal, with people I believe I can at least trust as much as realistically possible, and they have been vaccinated twice, alongside other judgements really. It won’t be on day 1 of the first possible chance seems daft and boring to rush back to contribute to something that we have all been hacked off with for so long. Regardless of my own safety, which is very good in terms of risk, it’s about who I may be able to pass it on to, which is of higher concern than my desires.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"There’s the small matter of the law to consider as well."
The law wil lag behind reality

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"When fab remove the COVID-19 report button then it be friends only to start with"

Your living your life through when fab makes decisions??

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Once all restrictions lifted will maybe, maybe start to drift along to a local pub. Try an afternoon drink at first.

The thought of going into a bustling pub on a Friday/Saturday night is a bit overwhelming at present. So we will be taking it slowly at first, see how it goes.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Once both jabs and rest of the majority of the nation has been vaccinated if not all and have been given the green light that it's safe

Is acting responsibly

Manchester (she/her)

"Once all restrictions lifted will maybe, maybe start to drift along to a local pub. Try an afternoon drink at first.

The thought of going into a bustling pub on a Friday/Saturday night is a bit overwhelming at present. So we will be taking it slowly at first, see how it goes."

I had a coffee, sitting on the grass outside my gym today. That was nice

upton wirral

"Once all restrictions lifted will maybe, maybe start to drift along to a local pub. Try an afternoon drink at first.

The thought of going into a bustling pub on a Friday/Saturday night is a bit overwhelming at present. So we will be taking it slowly at first, see how it goes."

If you can go midweek afternoons very pleasant in the sun,not busy round here

Manchester (she/her)

The thought of going into a bustling pub on a Friday/Saturday night is a bit overwhelming at present. So we will be taking it slowly at first, see how it goes.If you can go midweek afternoons very pleasant in the sun,not busy round here"

I overlook a pub. Heaving since it reopened

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

The thought of going into a bustling pub on a Friday/Saturday night is a bit overwhelming at present. So we will be taking it slowly at first, see how it goes.If you can go midweek afternoons very pleasant in the sun,not busy round here

I overlook a pub. Heaving since it reopened "

Will play it by ear, saw a nice pub in Chester with new outdoor space, give that a whirl. Once summer shows up, a weekend in Barmouth, on the nude beach.

Congrats on both vaccinations. What was the secret to getting them both so early?

By *ixen13Woman  over a year ago

Cowdenbeath

"I've been asked this a lot. I don't know when that date will be. And even when I do feel comfortable, there are far too many friends and family members I want to see before someone from Fab. "

This exactly x

upton wirral

In time I'm sure I'll be less cautious but I don't ever see myself having sex with someone who isn't vaccinated or medically exempt.

Congrats on both vaccinations. What was the secret to getting them both so early?"

Being old helps lol

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"There’s the small matter of the law to consider as well."

That hasn't stopped people so far. Just looking at the local updates, not to mention the webcams and photo section.

Luton

"

Congrats on both vaccinations. What was the secret to getting them both so early?"

Partly luck, I know several people in my area who have had both jabs. Things are really moving fast.

Partly because I'm part time carer for someone on the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable shielding list. Partly because I was unexpectedly declared CEV myself in February. Then luck, my GP arranged the second jab just five weeks after the first.

So I've been double Pfizered. No ill-effects.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

We are meeting soon as , less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid , message us you sexy couples

By *u CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"We are meeting soon as , less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid , message us you sexy couples "

One of the few sensible posts I've seen on this thread. If people don't want to meet its their choice but sick of seeing people being preachy against those who do.

Cardiff

"less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid "

So you admit that Covid is more dangerous than traffic accidents? And you can’t catch an RTA off someone you meet either.

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

South East

"We are meeting soon as , less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid , message us you sexy couples

One of the few sensible posts I've seen on this thread. If people don't want to meet its their choice but sick of seeing people being preachy against those who do."

Personally sick of seeing people being so entitled, selfish, and wilfully ignorant. Which bit of "highly contagious global pandemic with limited protection" do you not quite get after a year of it?

"less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid

So you admit that Covid is more dangerous than traffic accidents? And you can’t catch an RTA off someone you meet either."

Herne Bay

So you admit that Covid is more dangerous than traffic accidents? And you can’t catch an RTA off someone you meet either."

Bore off

Dudley

So you admit that Covid is more dangerous than traffic accidents? And you can’t catch an RTA off someone you meet either. Bore off "

You kinda did say that though.

ashford

"We are meeting soon as , less chance Of being killed in a road accident than Covid , message us you sexy couples "

Agreed! Let us make our own decisions! Those who want to stay shut away once we are free to meet let them! And those of us that dont let us get on with things so many judgy people around! X

Chams or Socials

Is Covid just going to disappear in June then? Has it received a memo?

As I’ve said before, my mum ended up hospitalised with CV at Christmas and is only just well enough to go back to work. And T has had a stem cell transplant following cancer treatment. We’re in no rush to meet anyone even though we both have our 2nd vaccines this week.

J x

ashford

"Is Covid just going to disappear in June then? Has it received a memo?

As I’ve said before, my mum ended up hospitalised with CV at Christmas and is only just well enough to go back to work. And T has had a stem cell transplant following cancer treatment. We’re in no rush to meet anyone even though we both have our 2nd vaccines this week.

J x"

Yes got my second this week! And once end of june comes and restrictions are lifted then will b back out there! How long shd we wait ? End of year ? Next june? June after! At end of day people must make their own decisions! X

Manchester (she/her)

J x

Yes got my second this week! And once end of june comes and restrictions are lifted then will b back out there! How long shd we wait ? End of year ? Next june? June after! At end of day people must make their own decisions! X"

This year has shown that people are very bad at making their own decisions.

This is why we have government.

"You see the above still on most people's profiles, curious to know, at what point are you deeming us to be after Covid?

It's a personal risk assessment, along with gov guidance and as such a movable feast. For me probably not until late summer I suspect

J x

Yes got my second this week! And once end of june comes and restrictions are lifted then will b back out there! How long shd we wait ? End of year ? Next june? June after! At end of day people must make their own decisions! X

This is why we have government."

But the government consistently make bad decisions and have to apologise after lol

Manchester (she/her)

J x

But the government consistently make bad decisions and have to apologise after lol "

Well, yes.

But the idea that we should let people just do what they like is mind boggling.

ashford

J x

But the government consistently make bad decisions and have to apologise after lol

Well, yes.

But the idea that we should let people just do what they like is mind boggling. "

But that's how it has to b after june! X

Chams or Socials

J x

Yes got my second this week! And once end of june comes and restrictions are lifted then will b back out there! How long shd we wait ? End of year ? Next june? June after! At end of day people must make their own decisions! X"

Well you crack on. Just remember, the vaccinations don’t stop you from catching or spreading CV.

ashford

J x

Well you crack on. Just remember, the vaccinations don’t stop you from catching or spreading CV. "

Of course I think everyone knows that ! X

Manchester (she/her)

J x

Well, yes.

But the idea that we should let people just do what they like is mind boggling.

But that's how it has to b after june! X"

I'm not sure that's the case at all. If things go well then business restrictions will end.

Data not dates.

By *izzy127Man  over a year ago

Norwich and Northampton

"When we feel comfortable. We both have our 2nd jabs in the next fortnight but it doesn’t stop you getting CV or passing it on

J x"

So why have it? Asking for a friend

"I've been asked this a lot. I don't know when that date will be. And even when I do feel comfortable, there are far too many friends and family members I want to see before someone from Fab.

This exactly x "

This

Manchester (she/her)

"When we feel comfortable. We both have our 2nd jabs in the next fortnight but it doesn’t stop you getting CV or passing it on

J x

So why have it? Asking for a friend "

Because it almost eliminates hospitalisation or death, and (data still coming) radically reduces the chance of any illness with Covid and indeed passing it on.

Dudley

J x

Because it almost eliminates hospitalisation or death, and (data still coming) radically reduces the chance of any illness with Covid and indeed passing it on."

Not only this, some people are unable to have the vaccine due to medical issues, by having the vaccine, you are also protecting vulnerable people that can't have it.

Manchester (she/her)

J x

Because it almost eliminates hospitalisation or death, and (data still coming) radically reduces the chance of any illness with Covid and indeed passing it on.

Not only this, some people are unable to have the vaccine due to medical issues, by having the vaccine, you are also protecting vulnerable people that can't have it. "

Yup

Luton

Some people seem to fall into the same trap as those who say "condoms aren't 100% effective so I won't use them".

No vaccine in the history of medicine is 100% effective. Not smallpox, not BCG, not polio....but do we have rampant smallpox, TB and polio? No. Because the vaccines are highly effective, and vastly reduce the chance of getting the illness, and of passing it on if you do get it.

Same with the covid vaccines. They vastly reduce your chances of catching it if you are exposed. It is now two weeks since I received my 2nd Pfizer jab. All the evidence shows now that even if I am exposed to a decent amount of the virus, my chances of actually "catching" Covid are reduced by 70-90%. If I then do get the illness, my chances of dying are reduced by 98%. My chances of getting hospitalised are reduced by 95%. My chances of passing it onto someone who is not vaccinated are reduced by over 60%. My chances of passing it onto someone who is fully vaccinated are reduced by 90%.

So it's not difficult to see that while this won't eradicate Covid, it will *drastically* reduce transmission in our towns and cities, make all activities much safer. The aim was never to eradicate Covid, but to drastically suppress it so that it becomes like flu...a disease which remains deadly for some but which we accept.

For swingers, who presumably want to go to clubs and parties...and be in close contact with others including sex, hugs, kisses etc...it ought to be pretty obvious that vaccines are the answer.

And yes, we're also protecting those who cannot take these vaccines on medical advice. They will almost certainly additionally have health conditions which make Covid a big problem should they get ill, and at present there is no safe vaccine for them. I personally know just one person in this position but she organises socials, and she can't do that and be safe herself until there's *very* low amounts of this virus about.

The proof is really Israel, the only country ahead of the UK in the vaccine stakes....they just recorded zero covid deaths in a day for the first time since the pandemic hit. The data coming from Israel and the UK is showing even better reduction in transmission of the virus than we expected/hoped. We won't eradicate it but we can keep it at very low prevelence.

TL:DR...the vaccines do seriously reduce transmission and chances of getting covid...and if you are unlucky enough to get it, they drastically improve your "covid experience".

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

For us it will be when clubs are open up for play

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Some people seem to fall into the same trap as those who say "condoms aren't 100% effective so I won't use them".

No vaccine in the history of medicine is 100% effective. Not smallpox, not BCG, not polio....but do we have rampant smallpox, TB and polio? No. Because the vaccines are highly effective, and vastly reduce the chance of getting the illness, and of passing it on if you do get it.

Same with the covid vaccines. They vastly reduce your chances of catching it if you are exposed. It is now two weeks since I received my 2nd Pfizer jab. All the evidence shows now that even if I am exposed to a decent amount of the virus, my chances of actually "catching" Covid are reduced by 70-90%. If I then do get the illness, my chances of dying are reduced by 98%. My chances of getting hospitalised are reduced by 95%. My chances of passing it onto someone who is not vaccinated are reduced by over 60%. My chances of passing it onto someone who is fully vaccinated are reduced by 90%.

So it's not difficult to see that while this won't eradicate Covid, it will *drastically* reduce transmission in our towns and cities, make all activities much safer. The aim was never to eradicate Covid, but to drastically suppress it so that it becomes like flu...a disease which remains deadly for some but which we accept.

For swingers, who presumably want to go to clubs and parties...and be in close contact with others including sex, hugs, kisses etc...it ought to be pretty obvious that vaccines are the answer.

And yes, we're also protecting those who cannot take these vaccines on medical advice. They will almost certainly additionally have health conditions which make Covid a big problem should they get ill, and at present there is no safe vaccine for them. I personally know just one person in this position but she organises socials, and she can't do that and be safe herself until there's *very* low amounts of this virus about.

The proof is really Israel, the only country ahead of the UK in the vaccine stakes....they just recorded zero covid deaths in a day for the first time since the pandemic hit. The data coming from Israel and the UK is showing even better reduction in transmission of the virus than we expected/hoped. We won't eradicate it but we can keep it at very low prevelence.

TL:DR...the vaccines do seriously reduce transmission and chances of getting covid...and if you are unlucky enough to get it, they drastically improve your "covid experience"."

Great post

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Double jabbed but til clubs open and its legal not meeting.

Some folk still don't get this..pushing for meets then get arsey with me when I state no.

#had-enough-of-vaccinating-the-masses.

#nhs-nurse-wants-chams-jacuzzi-sooooooooooooon

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Some people seem to fall into the same trap as those who say "condoms aren't 100% effective so I won't use them".

TL:DR...the vaccines do seriously reduce transmission and chances of getting covid...and if you are unlucky enough to get it, they drastically improve your "covid experience"."

Brilliant post, unfortunately the inherently selfish people who show themselves on these threads won’t (or maybe can’t) actually read that many words in one go...

TL:DR...the vaccines do seriously reduce transmission and chances of getting covid...and if you are unlucky enough to get it, they drastically improve your "covid experience".

Brilliant post, unfortunately the inherently selfish people who show themselves on these threads won’t (or maybe can’t) actually read that many words in one go... "

Covid will always be there so looks like nobody is ever meeting again

By *reemyspiritawakenmysoulWoman  over a year ago

coventry

Excellent post thank you for sharing ..I'm not meeting till I'm ready all jabbed up ,or even further down the line , until I'm able to visit my mum again my dad passed two yrs ago and she has struggled mentally grieving and the loneliness of covid as well ,sticking to the sheilding rules ,when I have my second I'm going to go and get a hug..x

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Was going to say June but at the moment the fact I havent had my first jab let alone my second jab already suggests to me it will be sometime from June to September I think

Tbh for me I would at least want my first jab at a minimum. Maybe also only play with people I know

Jan 1st 2032

"Excellent post thank you for sharing ..I'm not meeting till I'm ready all jabbed up ,or even further down the line , until I'm able to visit my mum again my dad passed two yrs ago and she has struggled mentally grieving and the loneliness of covid as well ,sticking to the sheilding rules ,when I have my second I'm going to go and get a hug..x"

Pleasure mi duk x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Probably next February 30th

By *mmAloneMan  over a year ago

South Cheshire / Staffs

I can't imagine how Covid could be more devastating than HIV?

By *mmAloneMan  over a year ago

South Cheshire / Staffs

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't imagine how Covid could be more devastating than HIV? "

We have treatment for HIV.

Also, I can choose not to have unprotected sex with random people, which reduces my chances of getting HIV significantly. I can't choose not to breathe the same air as random strangers.

By *ulie1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Paignton

The level of covid infected people is very near as low as it’s going to get in this country, at approximately 25 per 100,000 people on average, it’s about 50 per 100,000 around my local area. Once pubs, restaurants and large gatherings start taking place, especially the return of students to university, the number of cases will inevitably increase, the monitoring of this rate of increase is the reason for Boris putting 5 weeks between steps.

Vaccines are going to make a big difference to how ill you get if you get covid, the government is not too concerned over how many infections there are, it’s how many require hospital intervention that concerns them, as long as hospitalisation rates stay within reason they will continue to open up the country. In a normal year around 15,000 people die from influenza, covid, if we are successful in controlling it will be just another respiratory disease to be aware of....

Dudley

"I can't imagine how Covid could be more devastating than HIV? "

Oh dear lord, they are two totally different illnesses, they cannot be compared at all.

Manchester (she/her)

"The level of covid infected people is very near as low as it’s going to get in this country, at approximately 25 per 100,000 people on average, it’s about 50 per 100,000 around my local area. Once pubs, restaurants and large gatherings start taking place, especially the return of students to university, the number of cases will inevitably increase, the monitoring of this rate of increase is the reason for Boris putting 5 weeks between steps.

Vaccines are going to make a big difference to how ill you get if you get covid, the government is not too concerned over how many infections there are, it’s how many require hospital intervention that concerns them, as long as hospitalisation rates stay within reason they will continue to open up the country. In a normal year around 15,000 people die from influenza, covid, if we are successful in controlling it will be just another respiratory disease to be aware of...."

That's the hope.

I'm not taking my chances, personally, until after I'm fully vaccinated, and probably not until after all adults have been fully vaccinated.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

So many people still,confused

Yet still do as they please

X

"So many people still,confused

X"

Common sense has become a rarity post Covid

ashford

"So many people still,confused

X

Common sense has become a rarity post Covid

"

I have common sense enough to make my own mind up! Once restrictions are lifted! Some people just like to b negative I suppose! X

April 31st

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"When fab remove the COVID-19 report button then it be friends only to start with"
same here

By *omerset1976Man  over a year ago

Burnham

Well said! COVID is here to stay... if you don’t like the risk... don’t meet. Very simples!

Governmentwise-

21st June if not changed..

Club/partieswise-

whenever they open or start up again whether like some who’ve already started discreetly,or May or the big date of the 26th June where every Tom/dick/and sally party or club seem to be having a big celebration..

As for personal meetswise-it’s noticeable on here some already have been meeting/hooking up with those out of bubbles and new contacts..

And despite the No meet warning it’s visible in status’s when people want to meet already..

So I think if people are going to meet and are comfortable to do so it’s going to happen today,tomorrow and whenever it’s mutually wanted..

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

When you lot and your boss tell me I’m allowed to , until then keep your hands out my pants please

Covid won’t go away for many years so...

This is a difficult question to get a sensible concensus about.

The liklihood, going by recent govt briefings would suggest, as things stand, restrictions will significantly ease this summer and people will be allowed to meet in doors. However Ive read in a broadsheet a suggestion that there may still be some advice on social distancing/ masks for people who've not been jabbed.

The reality is that those who await the end of the pandemic may have a long long wait. Its clear there are still parts of the world (not just India) where covid is still causing concern so whilst the incidence of covid in the uk may be low, its not elsewhere and its unlikely the WHO will declare the pandemic is over. Those who who are waiting the end of Covid will also have a long wait; covid is here to stay. We have to find a way to live with it. Hence the vaccine, talk of boosters, possible drug interventions further on.

There'll be no official statement saying sexual meets can resume; I already know some younger people are using rapid tests to decide if someones suitable to meet for a one night stand.

My own view is that covid means a new way of behaving will evolve. For 1:1 meets a quick check on vaccine status may happen; in clubs etc I can only see some form of vaccine passport being the answer. I will certainly be more comfortable meeting on a 1:1 basis sooner than in a club setting.

By *heCheekyDevilMan  over a year ago

Durham

There is no "after covid"

Theres a reason they called it "the new normal" "Build back better" from the start.

Turn off the TV

take off the mask (the UK gov have no evidence they help still unless your symptomatic - check ou the FOI Reference: FOI2020/18048 with the cabinet office dated 3rd Dec 2020 admitting this, they didnt even do a risk assessment on long term mask wearing)

once your no longer afraid, you'll feel a lot better & think straight & those are the 1st two steps.

Its time to get on with life.

Herne Bay

"There is no "after covid"

Theres a reason they called it "the new normal" "Build back better" from the start.

Turn off the TV

take off the mask (the UK gov have no evidence they help still unless your symptomatic - check ou the FOI Reference: FOI2020/18048 with the cabinet office dated 3rd Dec 2020 admitting this, they didnt even do a risk assessment on long term mask wearing)

once your no longer afraid, you'll feel a lot better & think straight & those are the 1st two steps.

Its time to get on with life."

That’s a very sensible advice ,you having nothing to fear except fear itself

ashford

"There is no "after covid"

Turn off the TV

Its time to get on with life."

Tbh I've never been afraid! Just stuck to the rules even if I think some of them mad x

» Add a new message to this topic