FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > India COVID Crisis.

India COVID Crisis.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heblackmac OP   Man  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

India has reported a global record of more than 332,000 new COVID cases in a single day.

All passengers arriving from India in UK will go for 10 days isolation in hotel across UK.

Can’t UK just shut Travel between UK and India No way in , No way out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *niper666Man  over a year ago

west bromwich

Yea heard about it, it's really gone bad and they have found Indian Variant virus 55 cases in Uk

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

It's crazy, I have just returned from the USA where the borders are all still shut between here and US and had to do covid tests 72hrs before flying, and private tests here on day 2 and again on day 8 (despite me still having immunity from having had covid in the USA) and it's cost me hundreds of pounds.....

I have ZERO understanding why the borders are closed to the USA yet not India!?

By *heblackmac OP   Man  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

It is Strange and there’s got to be something hence to why the Borders between UK and India still Open

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It will be closed as today is last day and giving how well the UK has been doing to control the vaccine rollout and people getting them soon will have enough to pass on more to other countries but India avoiding the two meter rule and not using the masks created this downfall being in crowds standing for their rights fighting for farmers it was well expected that something like this would occur but did any of those take note nope plus nobody should be traveling without both vaccinations to have better control...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Heed the lessons to be learned, they thought after the first wave it was done and dusted and allowed religious festivals, a sort of return to pre covid normality and are still having political campaign rallies even now..

We all need to be wary although the vaccination programme is a success this far it could all go Pete tong with another varient..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Heed the lessons to be learned, they thought after the first wave it was done and dusted and allowed religious festivals, a sort of return to pre covid normality and are still having political campaign rallies even now..

We all need to be wary although the vaccination programme is a success this far it could all go Pete tong with another varient.. "

I have shuddered for months whenever anyone clamoured it was all behind us and sorted here, wanting things to be unrestricted

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Heed the lessons to be learned, they thought after the first wave it was done and dusted and allowed religious festivals, a sort of return to pre covid normality and are still having political campaign rallies even now..

We all need to be wary although the vaccination programme is a success this far it could all go Pete tong with another varient..

I have shuddered for months whenever anyone clamoured it was all behind us and sorted here, wanting things to be unrestricted "

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"It is Strange and there’s got to be something hence to why the Borders between UK and India still Open "

The reason is we have a f*ckwit running things.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"It is Strange and there’s got to be something hence to why the Borders between UK and India still Open

The reason is we have a f*ckwit running things."

That should be plural.

Trust me Rushi Sunak has something to do with the delay. His father-in-law is an Indian billionaire who owns Infosys, a huge IT outsourcer. I would lay money on them needing time to get their consultants into the UK to continue delivering all the work they are hoovering up due to the introduction of IR35.

By *ifunlover69Man  over a year ago

Exeter

"despite me still having immunity from having had covid in the USA"

Sadly, there is increasing evidence that it's possible to get it twice. Plus you may get it and spread it unknowingly. Bloody smart disease.

By *ifunlover69Man  over a year ago

Exeter

"India has reported a global record of more than 332,000 new COVID cases in a single day"

Tragic, absolutely tragic. Makes me so sad.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"India has reported a global record of more than 332,000 new COVID cases in a single day.

All passengers arriving from India in UK will go for 10 days isolation in hotel across UK.

Can’t UK just shut Travel between UK and India No way in , No way out?"

That would make sense wouldn't it.?

Tin town

"despite me still having immunity from having had covid in the USA

Sadly, there is increasing evidence that it's possible to get it twice. Plus you may get it and spread it unknowingly. Bloody smart disease."

A mate of mine. Plod. Has just got it for the 3rd time. 1st time no symptoms. 2nd time in hospital. 3rd time feels shit. In his 30s. Can't get a vaccine shot yet.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"It is Strange and there’s got to be something hence to why the Borders between UK and India still Open "
it's crazy. Boris, stop this, stupidity now. Close the border vetween India, and the UK

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

It's not hard to get around the travel situation with India. The policy should apply to every country.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I dont understand why we have been so lax with our borders. It makes the rest of lockdown a little silly in my eyes x

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

It was reported that 4 airlines wanted to increase there flights by 4 more EACH yesterday to beat today's deadline...Heathrow politely said No way...

We should of stopped passenger travel march last year...

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

"It is Strange and there’s got to be something hence to why the Borders between UK and India still Open

The reason is we have a f*ckwit running things."

Nicola aint that bad surely

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's crazy, I have just returned from the USA where the borders are all still shut between here and US and had to do covid tests 72hrs before flying, and private tests here on day 2 and again on day 8 (despite me still having immunity from having had covid in the USA) and it's cost me hundreds of pounds.....

I have ZERO understanding why the borders are closed to the USA yet not India!? "

That system is the same for all arrivals including India. Since 04:00 today arrivals from India will have to go into hotel quarantine.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

It makes me feels really safe. Has anyone seen what way the horse went.

I was going to have an indian tonight but not now with cases so high not worth the risk.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I bet that all arrivals will still queue in the same area... ie flights from a none quarantine country, along side and mingling with those from a red list..

Happened last year when Spain was a quarantine country and Italy wasnt.. they also weren't checking anyones details x

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

The figures in India are huge but pro rata the infection figures for the U.K. were 3 times as bad back in January, that’s how much of a mess we were in.

Manchester (she/her)

"The figures in India are huge but pro rata the infection figures for the U.K. were 3 times as bad back in January, that’s how much of a mess we were in."

Yes - but I don't think the figures in India are a true picture of the infection. I've heard even the deaths are being undercounted

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"It's crazy, I have just returned from the USA where the borders are all still shut between here and US and had to do covid tests 72hrs before flying, and private tests here on day 2 and again on day 8 (despite me still having immunity from having had covid in the USA) and it's cost me hundreds of pounds.....

I have ZERO understanding why the borders are closed to the USA yet not India!? "

Are you immune if you've had it once? That's new to me

By *erDirtyRockstarMan  over a year ago

buckinghamshire

Heartbreaking for those families in India. Awful news..

USA has now added UK to their 'Level 4 do not travel' list.

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

"The figures in India are huge but pro rata the infection figures for the U.K. were 3 times as bad back in January, that’s how much of a mess we were in.

Yes - but I don't think the figures in India are a true picture of the infection. I've heard even the deaths are being undercounted"

They weren’t here, the actual number of infections is thought to be many times the reported numbers even in the U.K.. during the first wave it was at least 10 times higher. It’s been better this year , but there’s still massive underreporting.

For the first time I’ve simply turned the news off a few minutes after turning it on.

The images of an Indian hospital are just mind blowingly upsetting.

Those poor poor people

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 23/04/21 23:39:41]

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We have clients in Mumbai and they said that we have no idea how bad it has hit them there and this was a year ago, so why all of a sudden are we only just putting them down as a red zone????

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Sadly, there is increasing evidence that it's possible to get it twice. Plus you may get it and spread it unknowingly. Bloody smart disease.

A mate of mine. Plod. Has just got it for the 3rd time. 1st time no symptoms. 2nd time in hospital. 3rd time feels shit. In his 30s. Can't get a vaccine shot yet. "

Has your mate learned any lessons? Like stay the fuck away from people? Getting it once, twice is unlucky, getting it 3 times you need to start asking yourself questions.

Couldn't we divert resources to help thrm out? I wouldn't mind having vaccination delayed if it would help. Surely we have spare equipment we could send?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

A mate of mine. Plod. Has just got it for the 3rd time. 1st time no symptoms. 2nd time in hospital. 3rd time feels shit. In his 30s. Can't get a vaccine shot yet.

Has your mate learned any lessons? Like stay the fuck away from people? Getting it once, twice is unlucky, getting it 3 times you need to start asking yourself questions. "

I may be wrong, but the inclusion of the word "Plod" suggests the unlucky friend is a police officer. If that's the case, then it's jolly difficult to keep your distance. Perhaps he should arrest people from 2m away? Police officers have not been prioritised at all, unless in an older age group or with medical conditions. Yesterday at the vaccine clinic I was working at, they phoned GMP to offer spare doses but the police officers would have needed to be able to get to the centre within 30mins, first come, first served. My pod had no spares.

Filthy Fuckeryville

USA has now added UK to their 'Level 4 do not travel' list. "

It's been there since last year - 22nd March Trump closed their borders to UK and UK said it was a no no around the same time. Despite me having a visa I couldn't get back until the US Embassy granted me a travel waiver last year

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The Indian upsurge has confirmed my belief that this crisis is going to rumble on for years and that there has been massive underreporting in India and elsewhere.

UK vaccination programme has been a major success, but quarantining management has not, to date.

Foreign holidays in 2022; probably not!

Filthy Fuckeryville

Sadly, there is increasing evidence that it's possible to get it twice. Plus you may get it and spread it unknowingly. Bloody smart disease."

The evidence shows that most are immune for around 6 months, I only got it end of Jan so I should be fine. I still obv take all precautions where possible.....

I get my vaccine very soon thankfully - was offered it several weeks ago thanks to underlying health conditions when I was still ill in bed with covid in the States

India is in a desperate state with Covid spreading rapidly and their healthcare system unable to cope. If the scene's we are watching daily on the news are not enough to dissuade our idiotic Covid denier's and conspiracy theorists once and for all that Covid is indeed a real threat then they are beyond help.

By *otsussexMan  over a year ago

sussex/hants border

Flights reduced but still operating but just means the countries are in the red list (India,Pakistan etc) compusary quarentine keeps U.K. safe.

USA borders closed but again reduced flights have always been operating but for US citizens only.

Some flights operating 'super long haul' -special CAA dispensation where heavy crewed flights operate both ways. Means that crews have minimal exposure inline with airlines duty of care to employees.

Airlines are all going to recoup losses when this is over, an excuse to dump older a/c, personel, new contracts. Less capacity, same demand= high fares, low operating costs , big profits.

Sad but true.

Staycations is the business to be in...

It's been there since last year - 22nd March Trump closed their borders to UK and UK said it was a no no around the same time. Despite me having a visa I couldn't get back until the US Embassy granted me a travel waiver last year "

No it's an update this week.

"The U.S. State Department has vastly expanded its "Do Not Travel list," issuing new Level 4 advisories for more than 115 countries and territories this week. The agency cites "ongoing risks due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

The U.S. Do Not Travel list now includes Canada, Mexico, Germany and the U.K."

Travel state gov has more info.

Possibly similar to our current lockdown travel ban since January. There may be exceptions.

Filthy Fuckeryville

It's been there since last year - 22nd March Trump closed their borders to UK and UK said it was a no no around the same time. Despite me having a visa I couldn't get back until the US Embassy granted me a travel waiver last year

No it's an update this week.

"The U.S. State Department has vastly expanded its "Do Not Travel list," issuing new Level 4 advisories for more than 115 countries and territories this week. The agency cites "ongoing risks due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

The U.S. Do Not Travel list now includes Canada, Mexico, Germany and the U.K."

Travel state gov has more info.

Possibly similar to our current lockdown travel ban since January. There may be exceptions. "

I'm perplexed by that as I regularly travel to and from the states (usually) and it's been a no go for over a year!

ABERDEEN

Has your mate learned any lessons? Like stay the fuck away from people? Getting it once, twice is unlucky, getting it 3 times you need to start asking yourself questions.

I may be wrong, but the inclusion of the word "Plod" suggests the unlucky friend is a police officer. If that's the case, then it's jolly difficult to keep your distance. Perhaps he should arrest people from 2m away? Police officers have not been prioritised at all, unless in an older age group or with medical conditions. Yesterday at the vaccine clinic I was working at, they phoned GMP to offer spare doses but the police officers would have needed to be able to get to the centre within 30mins, first come, first served. My pod had no spares."

Ah fair enough, I never even contemplated the reference of plod. My bad

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Since when are you 'immune' ?!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Nicola aint that bad surely"

She runs Scotland mste

North West

I may be wrong, but the inclusion of the word "Plod" suggests the unlucky friend is a police officer. If that's the case, then it's jolly difficult to keep your distance. Perhaps he should arrest people from 2m away? Police officers have not been prioritised at all, unless in an older age group or with medical conditions. Yesterday at the vaccine clinic I was working at, they phoned GMP to offer spare doses but the police officers would have needed to be able to get to the centre within 30mins, first come, first served. My pod had no spares.

Ah fair enough, I never even contemplated the reference of plod. My bad "

Filthy Fuckeryville

Since when are you 'immune' ?! "

I was told in America the CDC advise immunity for an average of 6 months but the UK say immunity for 5 months after Covid 19 infection. Please see link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past-covid-19-infection-provides-some-immunity-but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The exponentially growing Covid crisis has the potential to dera the planet's vaccination program, albeit temporarily, if the Indian government bans the export of vaccine ingredients in order to tackle its home-grown problem.

Their was incredible stupidity in allowing nationwide religious festivals and political rallies to go ahead. Massive errors of judgement the fallout from which is now becoming evident.

I shake my head in despair

Manchester (she/her)

"The exponentially growing Covid crisis has the potential to dera the planet's vaccination program, albeit temporarily, if the Indian government bans the export of vaccine ingredients in order to tackle its home-grown problem.

Their was incredible stupidity in allowing nationwide religious festivals and political rallies to go ahead. Massive errors of judgement the fallout from which is now becoming evident.

I shake my head in despair"

It's also something with the potential to get past our vaccines

She runs Scotland mste

"

And done a whole lot better than bungling bubbling Boris has

She runs Scotland mste

And done a whole lot better than bungling bubbling Boris has"

AND Scotland does not have control over UK borders, unfortunately dickhead Boris has made s cunt of that

Tin town

Has your mate learned any lessons? Like stay the fuck away from people? Getting it once, twice is unlucky, getting it 3 times you need to start asking yourself questions. "

Doesn't get a choice. He's plod. He does what needs to be done.

By *onest guy123Man  over a year ago

coventry

Bungling Boris lol are you lot for real we are miles ahead on vaccinations etc vs other countries such as USA... wish Scotland would hurry up and get independence with sturgeon... would be so funny to see how they would fail without having England as back up !

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Bungling Boris lol are you lot for real we are miles ahead on vaccinations etc vs other countries such as USA... wish Scotland would hurry up and get independence with sturgeon... would be so funny to see how they would fail without having England as back up !"

Part of the issue with USA is the uptake of the jabs..... You can't treat stupid.

USA are however managing to leave the original smaller gap in between injections that the UK had planned. Everyone I know has only has between 5 and 8 weeks between jabs.

ABERDEEN

"Bungling Boris lol are you lot for real we are miles ahead on vaccinations etc vs other countries such as USA... wish Scotland would hurry up and get independence with sturgeon... would be so funny to see how they would fail without having England as back up !"

?????? have you ever stopped and asked yourself why English mps are so keen to keep Scotland? The Tories won't even subsidise a bedroom but they supposedly subsidise a whole country? Something isn't right is it? Can you answer this conundrum?

liverpool

And here was me thinking the success of the roll our was due to the professionalism of the NHS.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"And here was me thinking the success of the roll our was due to the professionalism of the NHS. "

It is. And the fantastic volunteers!

Manchester (she/her)

"And here was me thinking the success of the roll our was due to the professionalism of the NHS. "

Tin town

"And here was me thinking the success of the roll our was due to the professionalism of the NHS.

"

Aren't the army involved in logistics? Or was that only back in January..?

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

That should be plural.

Trust me Rushi Sunak has something to do with the delay. His father-in-law is an Indian billionaire who owns Infosys, a huge IT outsourcer. I would lay money on them needing time to get their consultants into the UK to continue delivering all the work they are hoovering up due to the introduction of IR35. "

Tory sleeze, I'm not sure this has ever happened before??

Manchester (she/her)

"And here was me thinking the success of the roll our was due to the professionalism of the NHS.

Aren't the army involved in logistics? Or was that only back in January..? "

I don't know. I'm happy to give them credit too.

But it seems the government slap "NHS" on things that aren't working and themselves on the back when they are.

liverpool

Aren't the army involved in logistics? Or was that only back in January..?

I don't know. I'm happy to give them credit too.

But it seems the government slap "NHS" on things that aren't working and themselves on the back when they are."

Spot on.

Cumulative Covid 19 deaths.

UK approx 1800 per million

Europe approx 1400 per million

India approx 150 per million.

North West

"Cumulative Covid 19 deaths.

India approx 150 per million."

India - grossly under reported.

Tin town

India approx 150 per million."

Not sure what your point is.?

Not sure what your point is.? "

Current data from the world in data website.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Not sure what your point is.?

Current data from the world in data website."

Surely when you're using flower beds in public parks as makeshift crematoriums, the reporting might not be wholly accurate though??

» Add a new message to this topic