FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccines have now been shown to help both stop transmission and catching of it

Vaccines have now been shown to help both stop transmission and catching of it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

All over the news today about the vaccine helping to stop people catching covid 19 and already a lot of reports showing that the vaccines reduce transmission.

Surely this is a real plus. I know they already had a good idea it should do.

Will this make it more important for more people to get the vaccine? Would it change your mind if you knew it could significantly lower your risk of passing it on or catching it?

I think its such a positive

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/article/yes-vaccines-block-most-transmission-of-covid-19

Forgot a link

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brilliant news. Isn't the uptake so far at about 95%? The NHS website crashed when they opened up vaccine appointments for over 45's!

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

I’ve had my first and oddly I just don’t feel complete without the second. It’s like walking around without pulling my trousers up.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It is absolutely brilliant

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I am not being a negative nelly and I've had my first vaccine, but that study was with symptomatic people, they are still trialling with asymptomatic people, definitely get a vaccine but please still social distance as you don't know who has got it, vaccinated or not

We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen. Come autumn and all will start again and figures can once again be manipulated. Wake up.

Manchester (she/her)

"I am not being a negative nelly and I've had my first vaccine, but that study was with symptomatic people, they are still trialling with asymptomatic people, definitely get a vaccine but please still social distance as you don't know who has got it, vaccinated or not"

Oh definitely. (Not that I've been vaccinated yet, ha) It's just - this should be a way out, as we've been saying for awhile

"We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen. Come autumn and all will start again and figures can once again be manipulated. Wake up."

Wake up to what?

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Plus PHE have announced that the R rate is unlikely to drop below 1 even when everyone is vaccinated

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen. Come autumn and all will start again and figures can once again be manipulated. Wake up.

Wake up to what?"

Mad bobs internet podcast, no joining fees but donations happily accepted..

Featuring such phrases as, the great con, plandemic, sheeples, msm are owned by the Jewish mafia etc etc..

"All over the news today about the vaccine helping to stop people catching covid 19 and already a lot of reports showing that the vaccines reduce transmission.

Will this make it more important for more people to get the vaccine? Would it change your mind if you knew it could significantly lower your risk of passing it on or catching it?

I think its such a positive "

I view it as purely positive. For those who don’t, shame on you

Manchester (she/her)

"We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen. Come autumn and all will start again and figures can once again be manipulated. Wake up.

Wake up to what?

Featuring such phrases as, the great con, plandemic, sheeples, msm are owned by the Jewish mafia etc etc.."

Baa

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wake up to what?

Featuring such phrases as, the great con, plandemic, sheeples, msm are owned by the Jewish mafia etc etc..

Baa"

Your in..

Just how you sussed the password is a mystery..

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Plus PHE have announced that the R rate is unlikely to drop below 1 even when everyone is vaccinated "

The R rate is already below one

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Good news

Manchester (she/her)

Wake up to what?

Baa

Your in..

Just how you sussed the password is a mystery.. "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen. Come autumn and all will start again and figures can once again be manipulated. Wake up."
No you get real

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

Still waiting for my second vaccination but really hope this is true and not another of these factless posts x

Perhaps everyone should be jabbed every week, just to make sure we are all safe. Has nobody noticed that the muzzle and anti-social distancing rules haven't changed, despite the number of people receiving the jab? X

Manchester (she/her)

"Perhaps everyone should be jabbed every week, just to make sure we are all safe. Has nobody noticed that the muzzle and anti-social distancing rules haven't changed, despite the number of people receiving the jab? X"

Manchester (she/her)

"Still waiting for my second vaccination but really hope this is true and not another of these factless posts x "

The data has been pointing to it for awhile, and it's in line with what we know about other vaccinations.

Please can you let Covid know it is a Flu virus then, because it isnt ... Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2), and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses.

Chuck into the mix that it didnt disapear last summer and that it was raging like wildfire around the world irrelevant of north or south hemisphere and whichever season they were in Im interested to know how you figure it is seasonal?

Of course virus transmission increases in winter, thats because we are more likley to be indoors. Care to explain India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, mainland Europe right now?

Dudley

"Perhaps everyone should be jabbed every week, just to make sure we are all safe. Has nobody noticed that the muzzle and anti-social distancing rules haven't changed, despite the number of people receiving the jab? X"

Are you OK? You seem to be having some trouble understanding basic science.

Pontefract

"Still waiting for my second vaccination but really hope this is true and not another of these factless posts x

The data has been pointing to it for awhile, and it's in line with what we know about other vaccinations."

I hear so many rhoumers lol dunno what to think some say it cures some say it just helps keep the symptoms from killing you .. xx

Pontefract

"Perhaps everyone should be jabbed every week, just to make sure we are all safe. Has nobody noticed that the muzzle and anti-social distancing rules haven't changed, despite the number of people receiving the jab? X

"

I am so maybe you can explain it ... x

Manchester (she/her)

"Still waiting for my second vaccination but really hope this is true and not another of these factless posts x

The data has been pointing to it for awhile, and it's in line with what we know about other vaccinations.

I hear so many rhoumers lol dunno what to think some say it cures some say it just helps keep the symptoms from killing you .. xx"

I've not been listening to rumours - I've been listening to virologists.

The data that's come out, much still preliminary, suggests that it reduces the chance you'll get infected, and if you do, reduces the chance you'll spread it. We know for a fact it reduces how sick you'll get.

Dudley

"Perhaps everyone should be jabbed every week, just to make sure we are all safe. Has nobody noticed that the muzzle and anti-social distancing rules haven't changed, despite the number of people receiving the jab? X

I am so maybe you can explain it ... x "

Yes, a vaccine will not solve the issue overnight, so social distancing and masks are still required.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There may be similarities, as they are both viruses but Sars-Cov-2 is much more infectious as standard.

I don't know which figures you think are being manipulated but we can rejoice that this progress is another great reason for socially responsible people to get vaccinated.

The more that infection levels are driven down now, the harder it is for seasonal flareups to impact on so many peoples lives. Restrictions and vaccines are our 2 key tools to help everyone

Pontefract

Yes, a vaccine will not solve the issue overnight, so social distancing and masks are still required."

I'm not a doctor scientist but I live in hope that something will help us get back to normal sure we all want it but media and false hopes are not helping xxx

Pontefract

I hear so many rhoumers lol dunno what to think some say it cures some say it just helps keep the symptoms from killing you .. xx

The data that's come out, much still preliminary, suggests that it reduces the chance you'll get infected, and if you do, reduces the chance you'll spread it. We know for a fact it reduces how sick you'll get."

Tbh I don't trust the government either Boris don't seem to know what he wants to do and all the confusion he gives proves that I think lol x... so who actually do we trust who says it will reduce risk x

Yes, a vaccine will not solve the issue overnight, so social distancing and masks are still required."

yup. We keep having to tell people at the vaccine centre that they need to still social distance etc

Dudley

The data that's come out, much still preliminary, suggests that it reduces the chance you'll get infected, and if you do, reduces the chance you'll spread it. We know for a fact it reduces how sick you'll get.

Tbh I don't trust the government either Boris don't seem to know what he wants to do and all the confusion he gives proves that I think lol x... so who actually do we trust who says it will reduce risk x "

Possibly all the scientists that have dedicated their lives to this exact subject.

Manchester (she/her)

Tbh I don't trust the government either Boris don't seem to know what he wants to do and all the confusion he gives proves that I think lol x... so who actually do we trust who says it will reduce risk x "

Scientists. I only listen to the government to make sure I'm not breaking the law. I don't give a damn what the Tories say about the pandemic.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"We are in the middle of spring and soon be in summer when flu viruses always lessen."
It is good news and yes virus peaks are less after january where we see less activity of it.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Don’t you just love these?? They jump in. Throw a grenade into the room (always a dud grenade). Then never reply or continue their belief of the situation. Happened on so many threads.

But at least it helps with who to avoid in the future

Manchester (she/her)

Don’t you just love these?? They jump in. Throw a grenade into the room (always a dud grenade). Then never reply or continue their belief of the situation. Happened on so many threads.

But at least it helps with who to avoid in the future "

So much

Maybe the 5G zapped them.

notts

Maybe the 5G zapped them. "

maybe, more likely they got hit with the stupid stick though

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

We're not out of the woods until the whole world get their vaccine programmes up and running. With it still spreading like wildfire in many countries, the risk of mutations and new variants grows and the efficacy of current vaccines against these has yet to be proven.

Manchester (she/her)

"We're not out of the woods until the whole world get their vaccine programmes up and running. With it still spreading like wildfire in many countries, the risk of mutations and new variants grows and the efficacy of current vaccines against these has yet to be proven. "

For sure. But every one of us plays our part in whatever way we can. Being vaccinated, distancing, donating if possible.

By *ornyQueerWoman  over a year ago

I think it's important everyone gets vaccinated but covid will probably always be around like the flu

Manchester (she/her)

"I think it's important everyone gets vaccinated but covid will probably always be around like the flu "

Yes - I'm hoping that it'll always be around like measles, not flu

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

"Don’t you just love these?? They jump in. Throw a grenade into the room (always a dud grenade). Then never reply or continue their belief of the situation. Happened on so many threads.

What about the past though? I find myself looking at some of the posts on here and wondering how many batshit conspiracy theorists I've fucked unwittingly.

Manchester (she/her)

"Don’t you just love these?? They jump in. Throw a grenade into the room (always a dud grenade). Then never reply or continue their belief of the situation. Happened on so many threads.

What about the past though? I find myself looking at some of the posts on here and wondering how many batshit conspiracy theorists I've fucked unwittingly. "

Saaaaame

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

I hope the man who sent me abusive massages this week for saying that is reading this, feel free to apologise if you are man enough lol. yes it's very good news ,now we just need everyone to get there jabs

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so glad that my filters are up the wazoo and none of these people can message me

notts

What about the past though? I find myself looking at some of the posts on here and wondering how many batshit conspiracy theorists I've fucked unwittingly.

Saaaaame "

Too late, you're doomed

Manchester (she/her)

Saaaaame

Too late, you're doomed "

Yeah I know.

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

"I'm so glad that my filters are up the wazoo and none of these people can message me "

"Not looking for wingnuts."

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm so glad that my filters are up the wazoo and none of these people can message me

"Not looking for wingnuts.""

Oh if only that were a filter

But no, at the moment you can't message me if you're male, female, TV/S, or any type of couple. Pandemic filters.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"I'm so glad that my filters are up the wazoo and none of these people can message me "

He will have crawled back under his rock by now

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Whilst this is the case I think it's USA have stopped the A/Z vaccine until further testing due to those suffering from clots, it could be a reaction to untreated symptoms given by the number who had clots

Manchester (she/her)

"Whilst this is the case I think it's USA have stopped the A/Z vaccine until further testing due to those suffering from clots, it could be a reaction to untreated symptoms given by the number who had clots "

The USA aren't using the AZ vaccine. They paused J&J

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

We've already had a full year with this virus. Cases did not decrease over the summer months last year so this comment is kind of redundant really

Newcastle

"Whilst this is the case I think it's USA have stopped the A/Z vaccine until further testing due to those suffering from clots, it could be a reaction to untreated symptoms given by the number who had clots

The USA aren't using the AZ vaccine. They paused J&J"

Thank you for confirming this I'll change my think to I thought lol

Manchester (she/her)

"Whilst this is the case I think it's USA have stopped the A/Z vaccine until further testing due to those suffering from clots, it could be a reaction to untreated symptoms given by the number who had clots

The USA aren't using the AZ vaccine. They paused J&J

Thank you for confirming this I'll change my think to I thought lol "

The type of vaccine is similar though.

We've already had a full year with this virus. Cases did not decrease over the summer months last year so this comment is kind of redundant really "

I know I’m getting older so my memory might not be what it was, but I’m sure that cases did decrease last summer.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

We've already had a full year with this virus. Cases did not decrease over the summer months last year so this comment is kind of redundant really "

Wow no offence but did you sleep through last summer when deaths were in single digits per day and eat out to help out was in full swing??

KJ

Dudley

They most certainly did decrease last summer mostly due to the first lockdown.

Manchester (she/her)

We've already had a full year with this virus. Cases did not decrease over the summer months last year so this comment is kind of redundant really

They most certainly did decrease last summer mostly due to the first lockdown.

"

Yes, the severity and high compliance with the first lockdown - the weather will also have helped because of people meeting outdoors if at all. My suspicion is that it's that - respiratory droplets indoors with little or no ventilation due to the cold - that might drive seasonality.

What about the past though? I find myself looking at some of the posts on here and wondering how many batshit conspiracy theorists I've fucked unwittingly. "

Lol who cares you got to blow your nuts and had a good time though still

By *ild n NaughtyMan  over a year ago

south Cheshire

Very good news I had my 1st vacation last sunday afternoon

By *aycole1Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Knowledge is key

Look at facts ??

Is that from national geographic?, who are owned by disney?

Who's primary shareholder is vanguard group?

Who's main investor is....wait for it.....drum roll....PHIZER!!! Hahaha you literally couldn't make this shit up. Oh wait a minute

Follow the money!

ALWAYS

Follow the money.

They are here to make it. NOT save lives.

No money in cures now is there x

"Is that from national geographic?, who are owned by disney?

Who's main investor is....wait for it.....drum roll....PHIZER!!! Hahaha you literally couldn't make this shit up. Oh wait a minute

Follow the money!

ALWAYS

Follow the money.

No money in cures now is there x"

By who's, I meant whos

Central

Follow the money!

ALWAYS

Follow the money.

When replying to someone, it's helpful to use the 'Reply + Quote' option

Follow the money!

ALWAYS

Follow the money.

there are other reports out there. From numerous sources. To be fair the proof is very evident in the area I work in.. I'm part of a research project that was initially looking at anti bodies of those that had been infected.. now it's looking at how the same people respond once they have had the vaccine.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Still in pre print, but still:

Decreased SARS-CoV-2 viral load following vaccination

Matan Levine-Tiefenbrun, Idan Yelin, Rachel Katz, Esma Herzel, Ziv Golan, Licita Schreiber, Tamar Wolf, Varda Nadler, Amir Ben-Tov, Jacob Kuint, Sivan Gazit, Tal Patalon, Gabriel Chodick, Roy Kishony

Follow the money!

ALWAYS

Follow the money.

No money in cures now is there x there are other reports out there. From numerous sources. To be fair the proof is very evident in the area I work in.. I'm part of a research project that was initially looking at anti bodies of those that had been infected.. now it's looking at how the same people respond once they have had the vaccine. "

That's fair enough. I'm merely pointing out a connection. I genuinely hope it is the case. Absolutely.

I have to point out though.

Just by the fact you are involved in research and we are learning new stuff about the cocktail every day, merely strengthens the argument around people happily taking a cocktail that is very much unproven longterm.

Why would those that want to wait for all data to be collected (10 years for flu jabs isn't it? I may be wrong) be dubbed "antivax" or "irresponsible" "granny killers" "tin foil hat wearers" when did wanting to be informed of ALL the facts before submitting to an experimental substance become a bad thing?

You have to look into EVERY angle, study, professional opinion before making a decision.

I worked out ages ago that when Bill Gates did his Ted talk and Said "with better healthcare and vaccines we can reduce the population by up to 15 percent.

Tin foil hat wearers think he's trying to kill people. What he's actually doing is trying to increase the survival rates of children in poorer countries so parents don't have dozens of kids because most will die as infants. Thus. Better healthcare and vaccines. Less need for so many offspring, which in turn will reduce the population.

The only conspiracy is that of big tech(through investment) and big pharma to convince people through lying with statistics to commit to vaccines for life. Endless supply of money. END OF

North West

No, they don't/didn't gather data on flu vaccines for 10 years before using them. New flu vaccines are formulated every year.

Clinical trials have historically taken longer, as in longer to do phase I, then II, then III, because of funding. Or lack thereof. The time between trial phases usually involves researchers begging and submitting multiple funding bids to get to the next stage. For the Covid vaccines, the world said "fuck it" and chucked almost unlimited funds at the research. Trials ran in parallel (so phase II and III overlapped) and Governments like ours and the USA paid in advance for doses of a vaccine that hadn't been proven. That meant manufacturing could begin and doses stockpiled and then released straight to market the minute authorisation was granted. Obviously, very few Governments will take a punt on paying upfront for an unproven product outside of a real emergency.

So there we go.

"No, they don't/didn't gather data on flu vaccines for 10 years before using them. New flu vaccines are formulated every year.

Clinical trials have historically taken longer, as in longer to do phase I, then II, then III, because of funding. Or lack thereof. The time between trial phases usually involves researchers begging and submitting multiple funding bids to get to the next stage. For the Covid vaccines, the world said "fuck it" and chucked almost unlimited funds at the research. Trials ran in parallel (so phase II and III overlapped) and Governments like ours and the USA paid in advance for doses of a vaccine that hadn't been proven. That meant manufacturing could begin and doses stockpiled and then released straight to market the minute authorisation was granted. Obviously, very few Governments will take a punt on paying upfront for an unproven product outside of a real emergency.

So there we go."

Fair enough. I said I wasn't sure about the 10 year thing.

Unfortunately no amount of red tape cutting, funding, can tell you if something when injected into a human being is safe in the long term.

Now can it?

North West

"No, they don't/didn't gather data on flu vaccines for 10 years before using them. New flu vaccines are formulated every year.

So there we go.

Unfortunately no amount of red tape cutting, funding, can tell you if something when injected into a human being is safe in the long term.

Now can it?"

What's been cut? The bit where the researchers scramble for funding is dead time. They have no funding. Whatever project it is sits still and it's picked up again (hopefully) when they win funding.

Absolutely nothing different in terms of trials has happened with this set of vaccines, only the willingness of funders to lob money potentially down the drain. The vaccines may well have failed then the massive funding and pre-authorisation manufacturing would have been for nothing and the prepared vaccines would have been discarded at huge cost.

Please do go and find out how scientific research works. The life sciences have been woefully underfunded in this country for a long time. Now people are more aware of the value of microbiology, virology, epidemiology, cell biology etc. Applications for the life science subjects at my institution are up quite a bit, Computer Science is down, having been the most popular by a long chalk for 4-5 years.

Manchester (she/her)

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have an excellent podcast (LSHTM Viral) which explains how this has all happened, even at this speed, without cutting corners on safety.

For those who are genuinely interested in it.

So there we go.

Now can it?

What's been cut? The bit where the researchers scramble for funding is dead time. They have no funding. Whatever project it is sits still and it's picked up again (hopefully) when they win funding.

Absolutely nothing different in terms of trials has happened with this set of vaccines, only the willingness of funders to lob money potentially down the drain. The vaccines may well have failed then the massive funding and pre-authorisation manufacturing would have been for nothing and the prepared vaccines would have been discarded at huge cost.

Please do go and find out how scientific research works. The life sciences have been woefully underfunded in this country for a long time. Now people are more aware of the value of microbiology, virology, epidemiology, cell biology etc. Applications for the life science subjects at my institution are up quite a bit, Computer Science is down, having been the most popular by a long chalk for 4-5 years. "

I'm aware of all that. Unfortunately, until the vaccine has had a few years inside a human body. NOBODY will know if its safe or not. They may have sped up creation but I'm afraid you can't speed up time.

Dudley

So there we go.

Now can it?

Please do go and find out how scientific research works. The life sciences have been woefully underfunded in this country for a long time. Now people are more aware of the value of microbiology, virology, epidemiology, cell biology etc. Applications for the life science subjects at my institution are up quite a bit, Computer Science is down, having been the most popular by a long chalk for 4-5 years.

I'm aware of all that. Unfortunately, until the vaccine has had a few years inside a human body. NOBODY will know if its safe or not. They may have sped up creation but I'm afraid you can't speed up time."

Ah, admitting it's a vaccine finally. I knew you'd come around when you realised you were wrong.

Here here

Another lockdown, even partial, is inevitable

So there we go.

Now can it?

I'm aware of all that. Unfortunately, until the vaccine has had a few years inside a human body. NOBODY will know if its safe or not. They may have sped up creation but I'm afraid you can't speed up time.

Ah, admitting it's a vaccine finally. I knew you'd come around when you realised you were wrong. "

Not at all. I'ts shorter than saying experimental gene therapy

Manchester (she/her)

So there we go.

Now can it?

Ah, admitting it's a vaccine finally. I knew you'd come around when you realised you were wrong.

Not at all. I'ts shorter than saying experimental gene therapy "

Surely accuracy is important if you want the sheeple to wake up to the conspiracy that everyone is out to get you. Otherwise you might get people thinking that the evidence is in, and hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated with very little ill effect.

Which is what the MSM want you to believe

Dudley

"

Not at all. I'ts shorter than saying experimental gene therapy "

Oh I see, so you feel like those descriptors are interchangeable? If so, why are you kicking up such a fuss?

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"Plus PHE have announced that the R rate is unlikely to drop below 1 even when everyone is vaccinated

The R rate is already below one "

I know but I quoted the PHE

So there we go.

Now can it?

Surely accuracy is important if you want the sheeple to wake up to the conspiracy that everyone is out to get you. Otherwise you might get people thinking that the evidence is in, and hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated with very little ill effect.

Which is what the MSM want you to believe "

At which point did I say everyone's out to get you? That's an assumption, and you do know that assumption is the mother of all fk ups. Bit like assuming an untested (long term), jab is going to be safe as houses.

"

Oh I see, so you feel like those descriptors are interchangeable? If so, why are you kicking up such a fuss?

"

No fuss here. Just an attempt at sensible, common sense debate. Well from my side anyway

Manchester (she/her)

So there we go.

Now can it?

Which is what the MSM want you to believe

At which point did I say everyone's out to get you? That's an assumption, and you do know that assumption is the mother of all fk ups. Bit like assuming an untested (long term), jab is going to be safe as houses. "

What evidence exists for any vaccine having long term effects which emerge beyond a few months?

Why are vaccines whose platforms have existed for decades, and who have passed all trials as required, untested?

Dudley

"

No fuss here. Just an attempt at sensible, common sense debate. Well from my side anyway "

It's hardly common sense when you can't seem to decide what it is you're debating.

"

No fuss here. Just an attempt at sensible, common sense debate. Well from my side anyway

It's hardly common sense when you can't seem to decide what it is you're debating. "

Your immature and woefully retorts are boring me. You've not added anything of substance to the discussion. Merely getting off on lame attempts to mock.

Dudley

"

It's hardly common sense when you can't seem to decide what it is you're debating.

Your immature and woefully retorts are boring me. You've not added anything of substance to the discussion. Merely getting off on lame attempts to mock. "

Good, maybe I'll bore you enough so you stop spreading lies and bullshit

Manchester (she/her)

"

Your immature and woefully retorts are boring me. You've not added anything of substance to the discussion. Merely getting off on lame attempts to mock.

Good, maybe I'll bore you enough so you stop spreading lies and bullshit "

Maybe he'll answer some substantive questions while he's at it

Newcastle

I've been reading through and sometimes I watch the house of commons all the noses to the left and right common ground to agree or disagree

Dudley

"

Maybe he'll answer some substantive questions while he's at it"

He won't.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Maybe he'll answer some substantive questions while he's at it

He won't."

I know.

But the lack of answers and spreading of rubbish is clear to all who look.

Awsome schoolyard responses. Well done

North West

"Plus PHE have announced that the R rate is unlikely to drop below 1 even when everyone is vaccinated

The R rate is already below one

I know but I quoted the PHE"

Today's info on the R number, which varies from region to region:

What is the R number?

The "R number" is the average number of people an infected person will pass the disease on to.

If R is below one, then the number of people contracting the disease will fall; if it is above one, the number will grow.

The latest estimate for England is 0.8 to 1.0. In Scotland it's currently 0.7 to 0.9, in Wales it is 0.7 to 1.2 and in Northern Ireland it is 0.7 to 1.05.

The government has said in the past that the R number is one of the most important factors in making policy decisions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Manchester (she/her)

" Awsome schoolyard responses. Well done "

Well,if you want to have an intelligent conversation, then try the questions I posed to you above.

By *uy4swingingMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The vaccines are working and the proof is in the daily figures. The vaccines are harmless and we can then get back to normal. It won’t be overnight as the whole world needs to be vaccinated. But we can make it happen. Vax now, swing sooner

[Removed by poster at 27/04/21 22:14:25]

North West

"

Vax now, swing sooner"

Have you considered a job in marketing?! There's the slogan to end all pandemics, right there

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"The vaccines are working and the proof is in the daily figures. The vaccines are harmless and we can then get back to normal. It won’t be overnight as the whole world needs to be vaccinated. But we can make it happen. Vax now, swing sooner"

Harmless.... Hmmmm tell that to the people that have formed blood clots. Everyone seriously at risk has been vaccinated, surely we could get back to normal now?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Second jab on Thursday

Manchester (she/her)

"

Vax now, swing sooner

Have you considered a job in marketing?! There's the slogan to end all pandemics, right there "

" Awsome schoolyard responses. Well done

Well,if you want to have an intelligent conversation, then try the questions I posed to you above."

I'd happily school you in the REAL situation but you would simply mock me like the time I said furlough would be extended after April. Funny how you went quiet when I was proven correct. Also I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links that will AGAIN prove you foolish.

In fact. I'm not wasting anymore time on this.

I know it fills a void in your life but It's become really really boring now. Like the dragons den folk that advised a colleague of mine in 2018 to invest in ppe. IM OUT. She earned 23 million from a hundred thousand pound investment in 2018. Lucky lady.

BYE NOW

Manchester (she/her)

... ok you do you

Central

"The vaccines are working and the proof is in the daily figures. The vaccines are harmless and we can then get back to normal. It won’t be overnight as the whole world needs to be vaccinated. But we can make it happen. Vax now, swing sooner

Harmless.... Hmmmm tell that to the people that have formed blood clots. Everyone seriously at risk has been vaccinated, surely we could get back to normal now?"

We could :get back to normal now' but the objective from the 2021 lockdown has been to progressively relax restrictions, researching the effects of each one, to ensure that none of them produced any disasters. Doing it this way lets us know the specific relaxation that produces the the damage - if everything is done in 1 go, we'll never know which, if any, of the things that got relaxed, caused the problems.

Thus far, the relaxations don't seem to have caused major problems. The data is still coming in and the planned 5 weeks between each stage, gives that greater protection.

We made mistakes last year. 1 of them was not being cautious enough from when we reopened in the summer. We'd be stupid to have repeated that strategy this year.

Dudley

"The vaccines are working and the proof is in the daily figures. The vaccines are harmless and we can then get back to normal. It won’t be overnight as the whole world needs to be vaccinated. But we can make it happen. Vax now, swing sooner

Harmless.... Hmmmm tell that to the people that have formed blood clots. Everyone seriously at risk has been vaccinated, surely we could get back to normal now?"

Very few people have had blood clots from the vaccine, it's unfortunate and very sad, but MANY more have died from covid and would have died if they hadn't been vaccinated.

You do realise that by rushing we would just end up in the same situation we had after Christmas? We only have to be patient a little while longer and the more people that get vaccinated, the more likely we are, as a country, to be able to get covid under control.

All the anti-vax bullshit helps nobody.

Manchester (she/her)

Harmless.... Hmmmm tell that to the people that have formed blood clots. Everyone seriously at risk has been vaccinated, surely we could get back to normal now?

Very few people have had blood clots from the vaccine, it's unfortunate and very sad, but MANY more have died from covid and would have died if they hadn't been vaccinated.

You do realise that by rushing we would just end up in the same situation we had after Christmas? We only have to be patient a little while longer and the more people that get vaccinated, the more likely we are, as a country, to be able to get covid under control.

All the anti-vax bullshit helps nobody. "

Funny how deaths from Covid don't count and disability from Covid doesn't exist but much rarer side effects from vaccination count extra and unquantifiable harm of lockdown is the most of the mostiest.

Dudley

Funny how deaths from Covid don't count and disability from Covid doesn't exist but much rarer side effects from vaccination count extra and unquantifiable harm of lockdown is the most of the mostiest."

I think people hear blood clot and just freak out.

Manchester (she/her)

Funny how deaths from Covid don't count and disability from Covid doesn't exist but much rarer side effects from vaccination count extra and unquantifiable harm of lockdown is the most of the mostiest.

I think people hear blood clot and just freak out. "

Some. I totally get that. This shit is scary.

I think some are intellectually dishonest.

"

I will be honest and say when I heard it I was worried. However on doing a lot of research I realised that I'm more at risk taking my pill ( a well tested and used medicine) than I was having my covid vaccine. Ans actually the numbers of those who had developed a blood clot after having the vaccine was still lower than people in the general population just randomly getting one.

So I was happy to have my 2nd.

The reports coming out over the last week showed that for thr Pfizer vaccine after one dose your chances of catching the virus were reduced by 74%, increasing to 90% once you had both... they couldn't give results for the other for both vaccines as too few had been given both doses of another vaccine when they did the research...

However all of them showed a dramatic reduction in catching the virus after the vaccine

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

The scientists behind these vaccines should be winning noble prizes...in particular AZ due to creating their vaccine at cost price and available to all nations.

It is a shame there are idiots out there that just do not want to accept (in their prejudiced and tiny minds) that these vaccines are our way out of endless cycles of lockdown.

Manchester (she/her)

"The scientists behind these vaccines should be winning noble prizes...in particular AZ due to creating their vaccine at cost price and available to all nations.

It is a shame there are idiots out there that just do not want to accept (in their prejudiced and tiny minds) that these vaccines are our way out of endless cycles of lockdown. "

Yup

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Without blood clotting, people would bleed to death from a paper cut...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

After 1 dose……

66% reduction in catching it

80% reduction in ending up in hospital

85% reduction in dying….

Also…. Up to 50% less likely to be able to pass it on if you do get it…

It will be fascinating to see when they get enough evidence to see what happens after dose 2

"After 1 dose……

66% reduction in catching it

80% reduction in ending up in hospital

85% reduction in dying….

Also…. Up to 50% less likely to be able to pass it on if you do get it…

It will be fascinating to see when they get enough evidence to see what happens after dose 2"

So it appears the U.K. was right to go down the route of giving one dose to as many people first.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Today’s press conference won’t get a lot of coverage but from a statistical perspective it’s fascinating…

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"The scientists behind these vaccines should be winning noble prizes...in particular AZ due to creating their vaccine at cost price and available to all nations.

It is a shame there are idiots out there that just do not want to accept (in their prejudiced and tiny minds) that these vaccines are our way out of endless cycles of lockdown. "

I agree that the scientists are pretty amazing but to describe the people who don't want the vaccine as you have just shows how judgemental you are.

Dudley

It is a shame there are idiots out there that just do not want to accept (in their prejudiced and tiny minds) that these vaccines are our way out of endless cycles of lockdown.

I agree that the scientists are pretty amazing but to describe the people who don't want the vaccine as you have just shows how judgemental you are. "

He's not wrong though, very few people that are refusing to have it are giving any sort of reasonable reason for it. Yet those are the people that complain about lockdown, the vaccine has been proven to be effective against covid, much more effective than first predicted.

For the sake of the nation, anyone that can have the vaccine, should have it. It will mean we get our lives back sooner and less people will die and end up with long term disabilities from covid. It's a no brainer.

Reasonable reason ??? How about not wanting to be part of an experiment?

How about my body my choice?

Anyone having a go at people for not wanting it for those reasons alone are simply fascists

Northampton Somewhere

I agree that the scientists are pretty amazing but to describe the people who don't want the vaccine as you have just shows how judgemental you are.

He's not wrong though, very few people that are refusing to have it are giving any sort of reasonable reason for it. Yet those are the people that complain about lockdown, the vaccine has been proven to be effective against covid, much more effective than first predicted.

For the sake of the nation, anyone that can have the vaccine, should have it. It will mean we get our lives back sooner and less people will die and end up with long term disabilities from covid. It's a no brainer. "

He is wrong to name call just for someone having a different opinion, it is allowed you know.

I'm not having it ATM, I never complained about lockdown (quite liked the initial lock down, 8 weeks off work to spend with my family). So you got that bit wrong.

It might be a no brainer for you to have it, but it isn't for a lot of people.

Northampton Somewhere

"Reasonable reason ??? How about not wanting to be part of an experiment?

Anyone having a go at people for not wanting it for those reasons alone are simply fascists "

That's a bit harsh but it does nark me when people think the vaccine is the be all and end all, and everyone should have it that can.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Anyone having a go at people for not wanting it for those reasons alone are simply fascists "

Agree! I've had my first second on friday! But I fully understand those that dont want it and it's no ones business but yours! X

"Today’s press conference won’t get a lot of coverage but from a statistical perspective it’s fascinating… "

Why fascinating?

The reason I said fascists is because the mockery, passive aggressive comments and disdain for people being cautious, asking questions, revealing things they have learnt from places other than the msm and sm outlets, is creating a vaccine apartheid.

Oh your anti vax. Oh your a conspiracy theorist. Oh you have no idea what you're saying. All this without a single shred of actual evidence to back themselves up.

As for "Doing our civil duty for the sake of the country" that's virtue signalling at its most grotesque.

How is you having a vaccine saving the country.

Complete and utter codshit of the highest order.

I really wish we could share links on here. I'd love to point to evidence so those people can counter with their evidence.

Even if I could, they wouldn't be able to.

Dudley

"The reason I said fascists is because the mockery, passive aggressive comments and disdain for people being cautious, asking questions, revealing things they have learnt from places other than the msm and sm outlets, is creating a vaccine apartheid.

Oh your anti vax. Oh your a conspiracy theorist. Oh you have no idea what you're saying. All this without a single shred of actual evidence to back themselves up.

As for "Doing our civil duty for the sake of the country" that's virtue signalling at its most grotesque.

I really wish we could share links on here. I'd love to point to evidence so those people can counter with their evidence.

Even if I could, they wouldn't be able to. "

You can share links on here, just not the crap you're following.

You have no evidence to prove the vaccine is a gene therapy, yet you say it with complete certainty. It's simply not true.

The vaccine is proving to work, people have protection against covid, how is that so difficult to understand. This protection will reduce deaths, hospitalisations and infection rates, hence saving the country.

Or we can all just listen to crackpot conspiracy theorists, refuse the vaccine and live with lockdowns and restrictions indefinitely, I know what I'd rather do.

After this I won't converse with you anymore, you talk about mockery, passive aggressive comments and disdain, yet you are doing exactly the same thing. It's hypocritical and constantly acting like a victim is boring.

Don't have the vaccine if you think you know better, but don't bitch if some places won't hire you, won't allow you onto their premises or won't allow you to travel to their country.

Manchester

All the anti-vax bullshit helps nobody. "

I was simply pointing out that they are not ‘harmless’.

Rushing what exactly? Letting us lead normal lives and make our own decisions in relation to our own health? I don’t see why, given the elderly and vulnerable are all vaccinated, we have to wait any longer. If people don’t feel safe they can stay in and wait for the vaccine.

And as for the anti-vax comment... well I really think that’s sad, so anybody that mentions the fact that the vaccines aren’t harmless is labelled an anti vaxer? Hmmm

Manchester

"The reason I said fascists is because the mockery, passive aggressive comments and disdain for people being cautious, asking questions, revealing things they have learnt from places other than the msm and sm outlets, is creating a vaccine apartheid.

I’ll give you a pat on the back! Well done sir, that’s what this lot do when they are ganging up on someone.

You can share links on here, just not the crap you're following.

You have no evidence to prove the vaccine is a gene therapy, yet you say it with complete certainty. It's simply not true.

The vaccine is proving to work, people have protection against covid, how is that so difficult to understand. This protection will reduce deaths, hospitalisations and infection rates, hence saving the country.

Or we can all just listen to crackpot conspiracy theorists, refuse the vaccine and live with lockdowns and restrictions indefinitely, I know what I'd rather do.

After this I won't converse with you anymore, you talk about mockery, passive aggressive comments and disdain, yet you are doing exactly the same thing. It's hypocritical and constantly acting like a victim is boring.

Don't have the vaccine if you think you know better, but don't bitch if some places won't hire you, won't allow you onto their premises or won't allow you to travel to their country. "

Thank you for proving my point

Newcastle

Theirs now going to be a 3rd jab (booster) which is going to be available apparently judging by Matt Hancock.

Newcastle

Also once also those who are wanting the vaccine it will remain free but once the whole age groups have been vaccinated anyone wishing later will have to pay

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Sorry but this is getting silly . You don't get this do you? I mean REALLY get it!what people are thinking and the actions they are taking..

Would it shock you I wonder to know that lots of people are simply taking a leap of faith and taking a risk with this vaccine ? Jumping into the unknown like lemmings is what lots of us are doing .. And Yes it's for the sake of the country who the heck else is it for? .. Because thems the rules of the game.. It's been made clear the country won't start moving until we all agree to be part of the experiment..

You clearly don't want to do that.. And that's your right ..

Medically, statistically and scientifically this is a risk for us all so ' evidence' that you can show us doesn't really make any difference.. It doesn't matter. To me anyway! I'm just crazy enough to do this thing because I see why I have to

The truth is this.. regardless of evidence etc . We haven't time to dick about waiting for 'let's see what will happen with this anymore.. that's just how it is.. An experiment that unless we get on board with it none of us are getting out of this situation we all are starting to hate for years .I don't want that thanks.

The 'rules' we are put under are set way above all this and it's too late to try and change them.. As a clue its a lot more than people needing a vaccine! .. Fact is that's the situation and none of us can do anything about it. Our economy is buggered and we need to get back to work again and make money

So I would argue taking the jab is helping the country and helping it to open again because that's all we can do to help that situation ..

Last point.. We are all taking risks.. Most of us anyway.. Those who do can sensibly expect a reward if it doesn't kill us of course !in which case it doesn't really matter.

The reward we are doing this for is a welcome back to life.. meeting friends , pubs, holidays, work festivals etc etc.. All with proof we did our bit and took part in the experiment..which is only right, proper and fair .

Those that didn't, couldn't ( but would have if they could ) or those now who won't even agree to even be tested before they join the rest of us.. Can do that of course .. But I argue they can not expect to be able to rejoin society without any restrictions placed on them for making that decision ..

That's why we all agreed to the vaccination and the testing to get back to living our lives yay!

People just want to Go out and start to live again .

On a personal level I will expect anyone who is in the same building as me to be able to prove they are healthy Covid free and recently tested .

If not I would say its not fair and not TS not safe

And it has nothing to do with wearing stars or the Nazis.. It's what I call common sense

Anyone who chose not to join in with us by all means try to live your life again but expect to be able to prove you are Covid free or there will be problems that come as a result of that ... Otherwise that really would not be fair on the rest of us would it?

Sorry but this is getting silly . You don't get this do you? I mean REALLY get it!what people are thinking and the actions they are taking..

Would it shock you I wonder to know that lots of people are simply taking a leap of faith and taking a risk with this vaccine ? Jumping into the unknown like lemmings is what lots of us are doing .. And Yes it's for the sake of the country who the heck else is it for? .. Because thems the rules of the game.. It's been made clear the country won't start moving until we all agree to be part of the experiment..

Medically, statistically and scientifically this is a risk for us all so ' evidence' that you can show us doesn't really make any difference.. It doesn't matter. To me anyway! I'm just crazy enough to do this thing because I see why I have to

The truth is this.. regardless of evidence etc . We haven't time to dick about waiting for 'let's see what will happen with this anymore.. that's just how it is.. An experiment that unless we get on board with it none of us are getting out of this situation we all are starting to hate for years .I don't want that thanks.

The 'rules' we are put under are set way above all this and it's too late to try and change them.. As a clue its a lot more than people needing a vaccine! .. Fact is that's the situation and none of us can do anything about it. Our economy is buggered and we need to get back to work again and make money

So I would argue taking the jab is helping the country and helping it to open again because that's all we can do to help that situation ..

Last point.. We are all taking risks.. Most of us anyway.. Those who do can sensibly expect a reward if it doesn't kill us of course !in which case it doesn't really matter.

The reward we are doing this for is a welcome back to life.. meeting friends , pubs, holidays, work festivals etc etc.. All with proof we did our bit and took part in the experiment..which is only right, proper and fair .

Those that didn't, couldn't ( but would have if they could ) or those now who won't even agree to even be tested before they join the rest of us.. Can do that of course .. But I argue they can not expect to be able to rejoin society without any restrictions placed on them for making that decision ..

That's why we all agreed to the vaccination and the testing to get back to living our lives yay!

On a personal level I will expect anyone who is in the same building as me to be able to prove they are healthy Covid free and recently tested .

And it has nothing to do with wearing stars or the Nazis.. It's what I call common sense

Anyone who chose not to join in with us by all means try to live your life again but expect to be able to prove you are Covid free or there will be problems that come as a result of that ... Otherwise that really would not be fair on the rest of us would it? "

It's not fair to attempt to shame people with "fair on the rest of the world" comments.

You have a vaccine. You're immune aren't you? Surely it's us "anti vaxers" that are at the greatest risk. Now that's common sense talking.

stafford

Anyone who chose not to join in with us by all means try to live your life again but expect to be able to prove you are Covid free or there will be problems that come as a result of that ... Otherwise that really would not be fair on the rest of us would it?

It's not fair to attempt to shame people with "fair on the rest of the world" comments.

You have a vaccine. You're immune aren't you? Surely it's us "anti vaxers" that are at the greatest risk. Now that's common sense talking. "

Sorry but you don't get to use that argument.. It doesn't matter if you say yiu are more at risk because arguably that means everyone else is too right?

' fair is how it is for us all and we should all ge working towards the greater good I say..

You have a vaccine. You're immune aren't you? Surely it's us "anti vaxers" that are at the greatest risk. Now that's common sense talking.

Sorry but you don't get to use that argument.. It doesn't matter if you say yiu are more at risk because arguably that means everyone else is too right?

' fair is how it is for us all and we should all ge working towards the greater good I say.. "

Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Vaccinated = your safe?

So what's the worry?

ashford

Anyone who chose not to join in with us by all means try to live your life again but expect to be able to prove you are Covid free or there will be problems that come as a result of that ... Otherwise that really would not be fair on the rest of us would it? "

WOW! x

Dudley

I’ll give you a pat on the back! Well done sir, that’s what this lot do when they are ganging up on someone. "

People have the same opinion = ganging up? Are we back at school?

ashford

I’ll give you a pat on the back! Well done sir, that’s what this lot do when they are ganging up on someone.

"

Erm no we not back at school! But it does happen on here! Seen it !! X

Manchester

"

Best days of your life.. apparently.

Northampton Somewhere

In amongst that very lengthy ramble you said it ~ get vaccinated or show a negative test.....I'm more than happy to test if I want to go on holiday/go to the pub/see my friends. That's fair for 'the rest of you' isn't it?!!!

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"All over the news today about the vaccine helping to stop people catching covid 19 and already a lot of reports showing that the vaccines reduce transmission.

I was very sceptical in the early days of possible side effects. However as the whole mess got worse I was there like a shot when I was offered it. Now due my second and can't wait to get out in the world again. I consider I've lost an entire year of my life! And I possibly haven't got that many more due to medical issues!

If you wear a mask. Why the two meters? If you're two meters. Why wear the mask?

10 million Chinese people tested for asymptomatic infectiousness.

No evidence of asymptomatic infectiousness. There's a cool video on you tube with fauci and others saying asymptomatic infectiousness is so rare, it couldn't possibly fuel an epidemic, let alone a pandemic.

Off topic I know but thought you should know.

Also. Google world map of Covid-19. See anything strange?

An untested vaccine to protect everyone from overblown statistics and pharma funded msm and sm fear mongering and censoring.

I've said my bit.

I hope you find comfort in knowing you've done your bit to save all of humanity.

I'm off for a wank.

Might even jizz in a mask TA TA X

Worcester

"Good news "

Just saw your pictures! Oofff!

Worcester

Er,er. Whilst on a socially distanced meet with a fellow member the other day we were both appalled how the distancing rules seem to have been forgotten, albeit we were outside in a large pub garden.

Newcastle and Gateshead

You talk about “choice”…. Cool….

With “choice” comes “consequence”…….

So if your freedom of “choice” is to not do something then the “consequence” of that “choice” is that you don’t get the same liberty or freedom in other things…… i think that’s fair!

Don’t complain about being left out or left behind in certain matters as it is a result of your “choice”

ashford

Anyone having a go at people for not wanting it for those reasons alone are simply fascists

So if your freedom of “choice” is to not do something then the “consequence” of that “choice” is that you don’t get the same liberty or freedom in other things…… i think that’s fair!

Don’t complain about being left out or left behind in certain matters as it is a result of your “choice”"

No that's not fair shd all have the same freedom x

North West

Don’t complain about being left out or left behind in certain matters as it is a result of your “choice”

No that's not fair shd all have the same freedom x"

With freedom comes responsibility.

ashford

With freedom comes responsibility. "

Freedom comes free!

North West

Freedom comes free!"

It really doesn't.

stafford

In amongst that very lengthy ramble you said it ~ get vaccinated or show a negative test.....I'm more than happy to test if I want to go on holiday/go to the pub/see my friends. That's fair for 'the rest of you' isn't it?!!! "

Absolutely! .. That's the key to this.. Simply act of getting tested before mixing socially, going to someone's house to work that kind of thing .. Strangely there are people who are still against that..

I do ramble by the way its part of what I do for a living.

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Jees... To the anti vaxxers who say that only the elderly need to be vaxxed..my healthy brother, 48 years old, got covid at Xmas.

He now has type 1 diabetes...

Long covid can affect anyone...and far more dangerous than "experimental" vaccines.

stafford

No.. Thats perfectly fair.. It's just a case of making sure we all get tested and are responsible towards each other.. Really simple solution when all said and done

Northampton Somewhere

Don’t complain about being left out or left behind in certain matters as it is a result of your “choice”"

Then he can "choose" to test himself rather than have the vaccination, no?

It's not all about the vaccine.

Dudley

No they shouldn't.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Freedom comes free!"

So basically you want to scream freedom out of one side of your mouth but victim out the other….

Isn’t that both wanting to have your cake and eating it?

stafford

' fair is how it is for us all and we should all ge working towards the greater good I say..

Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Vaccinated = your safe?

So what's the worry?"

I would say the real worry is pointing towards yourself?

"Jees... To the anti vaxxers who say that only the elderly need to be vaxxed..my healthy brother, 48 years old, got covid at Xmas.

Long covid can affect anyone...and far more dangerous than "experimental" vaccines.

"

How do you know its far more dangerous? There's been absolutely no long term studies. The clinical trials only tested 24000 healthy people between 18 and 50.

Where's your evidence SarsCov2 is more deadly.

Oh right.

They told you so

Manchester (she/her)

Mockery is fascism.

Jesus I've heard everything

ashford

Freedom comes free!

So basically you want to scream freedom out of one side of your mouth but victim out the other….

Isn’t that both wanting to have your cake and eating it?"

I've had the first vacine and got the second tomoz by the way! But those that dont want it shd not b penalized same way as no is at mo for not having any other vaccines! X

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Jees... To the anti vaxxers who say that only the elderly need to be vaxxed..my healthy brother, 48 years old, got covid at Xmas.

"

I was going to mention that too. it's not just the elderly or vulnerable that can be badly affected by COVID - I'm in my 30s with no underlying conditions and I was very ill with COVID and am suffering from long COVID now and a friend in her 40s again with no underlying conditions died just before Christmas from COVID

Dudley

Freedom comes free!

I've had the first vacine and got the second tomoz by the way! But those that dont want it shd not b penalized same way as no is at mo for not having any other vaccines! X"

I think people should be penalised for not having vaccines unless they have a medical reason not to. Vaccines are proven to work (in general).

Manchester (she/her)

Freedom comes free!

I've had the first vacine and got the second tomoz by the way! But those that dont want it shd not b penalized same way as no is at mo for not having any other vaccines! X"

I think the present situation has shown the limitations of libertarianism in quite stark terms.

ashford

Freedom comes free!

I've had the first vacine and got the second tomoz by the way! But those that dont want it shd not b penalized same way as no is at mo for not having any other vaccines! X

I think people should be penalised for not having vaccines unless they have a medical reason not to. Vaccines are proven to work (in general). "

Ok then this is just one example! My 25 year old granddaughter Is adamant she will not have it if offered as there is no long term knowledge on how it might affect fertility! Shd she b penalized? No I dont think so! Tbh for most of us oldies theres not alot to consider as we allready have one foot in grave! X

Manchester (she/her)

Freedom comes free!

I think people should be penalised for not having vaccines unless they have a medical reason not to. Vaccines are proven to work (in general).

Ok then this is just one example! My 25 year old granddaughter Is adamant she will not have it if offered as there is no long term knowledge on how it might affect fertility! Shd she b penalized? No I dont think so! Tbh for most of us oldies theres not alot to consider as we allready have one foot in grave! X"

The fertility argument is a known anti vax argument. Women have fallen pregnant and given birth since having the vaccines.

I think it's putting hypothetical risk against real risk, and thinking about herself rather than others. I don't think that's commendable.

ashford

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 10:29:11]

ashford

Freedom comes free!

Ok then this is just one example! My 25 year old granddaughter Is adamant she will not have it if offered as there is no long term knowledge on how it might affect fertility! Shd she b penalized? No I dont think so! Tbh for most of us oldies theres not alot to consider as we allready have one foot in grave! X

The fertility argument is a known anti vax argument. Women have fallen pregnant and given birth since having the vaccines.

I think it's putting hypothetical risk against real risk, and thinking about herself rather than others. I don't think that's commendable."

Wow! thinking of herself??? Ohh my!!!!!!!

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Foil hat brigade member

You know they can differentiate between viruses in these studies. Scientists are very good at this kind of thing

Manchester

Freedom comes free!

I think it's putting hypothetical risk against real risk, and thinking about herself rather than others. I don't think that's commendable."

And thankfully it’s not all about what you think. When are people going to understand it’s a personal choice, nothing to do with being commendable. It’s a medical trial for 2 years, if people are reluctant to take part then that’s enough, just as it’s fair enough for people that DO want to take part. It’s YOUR choice.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

I’m not a conspiracist but the two biggest complaints of the vaccine are that it’s just a vaccine, it’s not immunisation and that there’s no long term study.

So I feel that this is fake news, conveniently brought out to try and get more people to take the vaccine.

As for the long term study, this is the only reason why I won’t be having the jab.

Everton

"

The fertility argument is a known anti vax argument. Women have fallen pregnant and given birth since having the vaccines."

Erm......think you need to check your facts. Margaret Keenan was the first person to receive a vaccine 8th December 2020, by my calculations, that’s 5 months.

So if you’re correct, a woman got pregnant AFTER 8th December, and gave birth BEFORE 29th April......do you think that the jab sped up the pregnancy process as well?

"

Erm......think you need to check your facts. Margaret Keenan was the first person to receive a vaccine 8th December 2020, by my calculations, that’s 5 months.

So if you’re correct, a woman got pregnant AFTER 8th December, and gave birth BEFORE 29th April......do you think that the jab sped up the pregnancy process as well? "

I wondered this too.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

Unless the woman had an underlying health condition then women of child bearing age wouldn't have had a vaccine yet? Certainly women of child bearing age who are worried about having the vaccine won't have had it?

Being concerned about the vaccine doesn't make people anti vaxers

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That made no sense

It should have said

Unless the woman had an underlying health condition then pregnant women wouldn't have had a vaccine yet? Certainly women of child bearing age who are worried about having the vaccine and whether it will affect their fertility won't have had it?

Everton

"That made no sense

It should have said

Unless the woman had an underlying health condition then pregnant women wouldn't have had a vaccine yet? Certainly women of child bearing age who are worried about having the vaccine and whether it will affect their fertility won't have had it?

Being concerned about the vaccine doesn't make people anti vaxers"

Mew knew what you meant lol x

North West

"That made no sense

It should have said

Pregnant and breastfeeding women can have the vaccines and have had the vaccines, if their age group has been called or if they qualify through any of the other qualifying things. The advice about pregnant and breastfeeding women was updated about 3 weeks ago. The link here is NHS Scotland but the advice is the same throughout the NHS: https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/the-vaccines/pregnancy-breastfeeding-and-the-coronavirus-vaccine

Manchester (she/her)

"That made no sense

It should have said

Apologies. I didn't say "people who say this are anti vaxxers." I said "it's a ploy used by this group of people". (People who say that swingers are terrible people are not all extreme religious zealots, but extreme religious zealots say it - if you see what I mean").

The evidence doesn't support any loss in fertility. While people are scared, ultimately the evidence needs to win out.

Manchester (she/her)

And "people who've received the vaccine" include in trials, which started over a year ago

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That made no sense

It should have said

Pregnant and breastfeeding women can have the vaccines and have had the vaccines, if their age group has been called or if they qualify through any of the other qualifying things. "

That's what I said in my post. So not all pregnant women or women of child bearing age will have had one yet

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That made no sense

It should have said

Apologies. I didn't say "people who say this are anti vaxxers." I said "it's a ploy used by this group of people". (People who say that swingers are terrible people are not all extreme religious zealots, but extreme religious zealots say it - if you see what I mean").

The evidence doesn't support any loss in fertility. While people are scared, ultimately the evidence needs to win out. "

Only if you choose to let it win out. If people choose not to they should be allowed that choice without being told they should have it and they are being selfish for thinking of themselves

At the beginning I said I wasn't going to have it. That was my choice and no amount of people telling me that I should would have made me get it. I would have also accepted that my socialising etc might have been restricted

I changed my mind later from looking at evidence but I don't think we should condemn people if they don't want to get it.