FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Oxford Street protests

Oxford Street protests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ctionnotwords69 OP   Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

Just what we don't need....

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

We're so close. FFS

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

The idiots return Just when it feels like we can beat this virus thousands in London with no masks on Protesting against a virus they’re making worse you can’t make it up

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Absolute idiots every single one of them, maybe they all should do a shift in a hospital to try and educate them, although I wonder if any have a brain to educate.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Fantastic ..... thousands waking up

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Let's not overreact here and have a sense of perspective. There have been many occasions when we've seen larhe protests, crowded parks and beaches accompanied by the same fears of imminent national doom which didn't occur. Schools have gone back and teachers aren't dying in droves any more than schoolkids or front line retail staff are winding up in hospital filling all the ICU beds. Extreme binary positions in terms of arguments are never good but that's all we seem to get and it's not healthy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Let's not overreact here and have a sense of perspective. There have been many occasions when we've seen larhe protests, crowded parks and beaches accompanied by the same fears of imminent national doom which didn't occur. Schools have gone back and teachers aren't dying in droves any more than schoolkids or front line retail staff are winding up in hospital filling all the ICU beds. Extreme binary positions in terms of arguments are never good but that's all we seem to get and it's not healthy."

"Fantastic ..... thousands waking up "

waking up to what exactly? even if they don’t believe in virus or restrictions or masks, things are in the process of getting better , restrictions are easing and they are throwing their toys out he pram for what exactly?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Oh so you think it's OK to heckle and harass people going about their day? Putting people at risk because you don't want your 'freedoms' taken away?

The only ones that need to wake up are the idiots still claiming covid isn't real. Fucking morons.

Manchester (she/her)

"Fantastic ..... thousands waking up

waking up to what exactly? even if they don’t believe in virus or restrictions or masks, things are in the process of getting better , restrictions are easing and they are throwing their toys out he pram for what exactly? "

It's a bit like my science teacher. "if everyone can be quiet for ten minutes you can go out to lunch."

And Simon (I'm thinking of a real classmate, not his name) won't stfu. I'm hungry. I've sat deathly still. I need to pee. I know it seems unfair but just shut up. I'm doing my bit for the love of God, Simon, shut the fuck up.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Reading about idiots in London whilst watching the disaster unfold in India.

In London we are witnessing the poison that social media injects into malleable minds.

The only waking up that is needed is for people to realise that not everything they see and hear on social media is actually true. Science, and opinions on social media are not one and the same.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Rather then waking up they need to grow up

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Rather then waking up they need to grow up "

It's not immaturity that us the problem. Most people seem to lack critical thinking and the ability to do proper research.

This means that they are more likely to believe something on Social Media than from a reputable source.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

In London we are witnessing the poison that social media injects into malleable minds.

The only waking up that is needed is for people to realise that not everything they see and hear on social media is actually true. Science, and opinions on social media are not one and the same."

In India from reading news from different sources . They are still holding mass religious festivals and rally's for upcoming elections. Which several on news have added stated to the problem. People traveling to these events. Yet the government has not stopped these?

Dudley

The only waking up that is needed is for people to realise that not everything they see and hear on social media is actually true. Science, and opinions on social media are not one and the same.

In India from reading news from different sources . They are still holding mass religious festivals and rally's for upcoming elections. Which several on news have added stated to the problem. People traveling to these events. Yet the government has not stopped these?"

The government shouldn't have to stop them, they should stop it themselves, they are destroying their own country and seem perfectly happy to carry on doing it.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

And there's still thousands of tourists flocking to the uk..... it's all a control agenda started by a man made virus(99.98% survival rate) I salute the true patriots who march for our freedom back just a pity they didn't storm parliament and arrest the lying theiveing corrupt hippocritical polititans

Manchester (she/her)

"And there's still thousands of tourists flocking to the uk..... it's all a control agenda started by a man made virus(99.98% survival rate) I salute the true patriots who march for our freedom back just a pity they didn't storm parliament and arrest the lying theiveing corrupt hippocritical polititans "

The true patriots risking spreading more disease, sending us back into lockdown, fucking up the NHS and the economy even more?

Slow clap for the true patriots. Count me out.

chester

"Just what we don't need.... "

So we don't need to hold polititans to account? Or we don't need the truth to be told? Or perhaps we don't need to see what's happening to our people..

"And there's still thousands of tourists flocking to the uk..... it's all a control agenda started by a man made virus(99.98% survival rate) I salute the true patriots who march for our freedom back just a pity they didn't storm parliament and arrest the lying theiveing corrupt hippocritical polititans "

Oh lord the Chester Branch of the Richard Cranium supporters club are out.

chester

"And there's still thousands of tourists flocking to the uk..... it's all a control agenda started by a man made virus(99.98% survival rate) I salute the true patriots who march for our freedom back just a pity they didn't storm parliament and arrest the lying theiveing corrupt hippocritical polititans

The true patriots risking spreading more disease, sending us back into lockdown, fucking up the NHS and the economy even more?

Slow clap for the true patriots. Count me out."

And who put us in lockdown? Do we lockdown for the flu every year? Ya'll need to do some proper research flu is still considered a HCID but covid was down graded last March

chester

And the sheeple are bleating

Manchester (she/her)

"And there's still thousands of tourists flocking to the uk..... it's all a control agenda started by a man made virus(99.98% survival rate) I salute the true patriots who march for our freedom back just a pity they didn't storm parliament and arrest the lying theiveing corrupt hippocritical polititans

And who put us in lockdown? Do we lockdown for the flu every year? Ya'll need to do some proper research flu is still considered a HCID but covid was down graded last March "

Funny how the government are hypocritical when it serves you, but the downgrading of Covid, a cynical government ploy given PPE shortages, suits you just fine.

Maybe you should do your research. Try vaguely credible sources.

You forgot to mention that Flu dosnt kill 130,000 a year or put 400,000 in hopital. Call me pedantic but thats worth a mention

Manchester (she/her)

"And the sheeple are bleating "

You sure are, mate.

chester

Vaguely credible that little gem is form the government website would you like to try again?

Manchester (she/her)

"You forgot to mention that Flu dosnt kill 130,000 a year or put 400,000 in hopital. Call me pedantic but thats worth a mention"

But a Brave Twoo Patwiot filmed a Smiths in the outpatient section of a hospital on a Sunday, showing that the hospitals are empty and Covid is just a sniffle! Sheeple wake up do your research!

Manchester (she/her)

"Vaguely credible that little gem is form the government website would you like to try again? "

Umm you're the one barging in here saying the government *aren't* credible. So why are you relying on a source you say is unreliable?

I'm not denying they did it, I'm asking why.

chester

Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up

North West

I live in a small suburb of a medium sized town in the NW. Our corner shop is the hub of the community and the owner contracted Covid in late December and he was dead before the end of the month. He was 48, a runner and in good health. The local primary school have had two two teachers off with long Covid and a GP at the surgery has retired at 56 with massive complications from Covid that he contracted in April last year.

You can quote all the percentages you want but we in our community have experienced Covid trauma, it is a fact that this has been replicated across the country and zinnia is an unfolding disaster.

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up"

ONS cause of death figures say you're wrong, but ok.

Have fun being an asleeple sheeple. Baa do your research has wake up baa plandemic baa flu

chester

The government doesn't decide what information goes on the website medical professionals do in regards to public health... And I'm saying the polititans are lying theiveing corrupt and hippocritical

Manchester (she/her)

"The government doesn't decide what information goes on the website medical professionals do in regards to public health... And I'm saying the polititans are lying theiveing corrupt and hippocritical "

I agree that the politicians are all that you say.

I think that your conclusions from that are somewhere between misguided and stark raving mad.

you really are being a muppet arent you. Do you know anything about 'causality'. I know its a big word for you so here is the definition.

Causality (also referred to as causation, or cause and effect) is influence by which one event, process, state or object (a cause) contributes to the production of another event, process, state or object (an effect) where the cause is partly responsible for the effect, and the effect is partly dependent on the cause.

So ... *sigh* ... you catch Covid and then develop organ failure (or whatever) and die becasue of the stresses Covid puts on your body/immune system. Without Covid the other illnesses dont play out and you dont die. Cause and Effect.

Manchester (she/her)

"you really are being a muppet arent you. Do you know anything about 'causality'. I know its a big word for you so here is the definition.

Causality (also referred to as causation, or cause and effect) is influence by which one event, process, state or object (a cause) contributes to the production of another event, process, state or object (an effect) where the cause is partly responsible for the effect, and the effect is partly dependent on the cause.

So ... *sigh* ... you catch Covid and then develop organ failure (or whatever) and die becasue of the stresses Covid puts on your body/immune system. Without Covid the other illnesses dont play out and you dont die. Cause and Effect."

But the Telegraph once said it could include being hit by a bus.

End lockdown, ban buses.

"you really are being a muppet arent you. Do you know anything about 'causality'. I know its a big word for you so here is the definition.

So ... *sigh* ... you catch Covid and then develop organ failure (or whatever) and die becasue of the stresses Covid puts on your body/immune system. Without Covid the other illnesses dont play out and you dont die. Cause and Effect.

But the Telegraph once said it could include being hit by a bus.

End lockdown, ban buses. "

chester

Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials?

"You forgot to mention that Flu dosnt kill 130,000 a year or put 400,000 in hopital. Call me pedantic but thats worth a mention"

Person breaks neck in horrible accident whilst suffering from flu...dies because of the accident and injuries to the neck.

Person breaks neck in horrible accident but happened to test positive after taking suspect Corona test 4 weeks earlier....dies from Corona.

Follow the science

chester

Manchester (she/her)

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials? "

My credentials are irrelevant. I'm arguing against your arguments, which are the same tired fact free nonsense that's been going on for over a year.

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials? "

Senior lecturer at a Russel Group University with a Doctorate in Philosophy. 24 published papers, 2 published books and editor of 3 others.

Your turn

chester

So just the one PhD? And you can read well done

Manchester (she/her)

Given your astonishing credentials, surely you'd know a thing or two about research methodology and relying upon high quality sources.

On what sources do you rely to make any of your claims, and are they supported by high quality data?

Obviously there's a lot of misinformation flying around, and you can't believe anyone you read online

chester

Yes me and my colleagues at Oxford(who developed the vaccine) also did a load of research on the front line(hospitals and care homes) so about 40,000pages worth and we struggled to find anything like the numbers reported

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes me and my colleagues at Oxford(who developed the vaccine) also did a load of research on the front line(hospitals and care homes) so about 40,000pages worth and we struggled to find anything like the numbers reported "

I'm sure you can provide a citation for such prodigious work.

What were the research protocols you put into place? Did you run statistical analysis? What was your sample size, confidence interval, and p value?

you may need to explain some of those words for him .. just saying

Manchester (she/her)

"you may need to explain some of those words for him .. just saying"

I have zero scientific qualifications but I know damn well you'd need them for a bachelor's, let alone a PhD...

By *chupforitMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Well said.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

"Absolute idiots every single one of them, maybe they all should do a shift in a hospital to try and educate them, although I wonder if any have a brain to educate."

Did a load of research.

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up"
yet they won't release these figures..

North West

"Yes me and my colleagues at Oxford(who developed the vaccine) also did a load of research on the front line(hospitals and care homes) so about 40,000pages worth and we struggled to find anything like the numbers reported "

This is a quote that defines the utter nonsensical reasons for trying to have an intelligent debate on an anonymous swingers web forum.

I mean, the person posting doesn’t even realise that I was his YTS Supervisor and I had to let him go because of his fantastical delusions of grandeur.

It’s all true, it really is.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes me and my colleagues at Oxford(who developed the vaccine) also did a load of research on the front line(hospitals and care homes) so about 40,000pages worth and we struggled to find anything like the numbers reported

This is a quote that defines the utter nonsensical reasons for trying to have an intelligent debate on an anonymous swingers web forum.

I mean, the person posting doesn’t even realise that I was his YTS Supervisor and I had to let him go because of his fantastical delusions of grandeur.

It’s all true, it really is."

chester

I can't take any credit for the vaccine I studied the virus, effects and biology every piece of research i/we performed held to the framework for research.

"I can't take any credit for the vaccine I studied the virus, effects and biology every piece of research i/we performed held to the framework for research. "

Oh please do carry on, ive not laughed so much for years.

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't take any credit for the vaccine I studied the virus, effects and biology every piece of research i/we performed held to the framework for research.

Oh please do carry on, ive not laughed so much for years."

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't take any credit for the vaccine I studied the virus, effects and biology every piece of research i/we performed held to the framework for research. "

What's your view on the founder effect as an explanation of the rise in B117 or P1?

This is a key epidemiological question, and I know has divided those in the field. I'd appreciate your learned opinion.

Jackanory

If the quantity of people reported to have taken the vaccine is true and the protection it offers is valid. Then there's no reason to stop people mixing. The goal was to reduce deaths, not people catching it... job done.

The marches and objections are due to the vaccine being rolled out prolifically and we still have to stay indoors and now possible have to have a internal passport.

Dudley

You'd think someone with 3 PhDs would be able to string a coherent sentence together.

I'm guessing you got them from the University of Facebook?

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"Let's not overreact here and have a sense of perspective. There have been many occasions when we've seen larhe protests, crowded parks and beaches accompanied by the same fears of imminent national doom which didn't occur. Schools have gone back and teachers aren't dying in droves any more than schoolkids or front line retail staff are winding up in hospital filling all the ICU beds. Extreme binary positions in terms of arguments are never good but that's all we seem to get and it's not healthy."

Well said

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I agree with you x

You sir are an absolute idiot. Covid killed 600 people??? Perhaps you go and look it up yourself and stop insulting the people who have had to deal with the affects of this virus and the tens of thousands it has killed.

Any excuse to have a protest at the moment, top tip get a job get a life and to the government get some water cannons.

Excellent, quote me the papers because I’m pretty sure I’ve had to read them all over the past year?

What’s your article or study titled, who published it? Out of interest why didn’t you engage with the Greater Manchester Trusts seeing as they have seen the greatest exposure in the U.K.?

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Seems he forgot to mention his 4th PhD in billy bullshitting.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Irrational bs detecting..

Got ya..

Not a lot can say so someone like you. Other than you are a misguided fucking idiot.

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials?

Got ya.. "

Having a PHD or whatever does not guarantee you common sense

Manchester (she/her)

"If the quantity of people reported to have taken the vaccine is true and the protection it offers is valid. Then there's no reason to stop people mixing. The goal was to reduce deaths, not people catching it... job done.

The marches and objections are due to the vaccine being rolled out prolifically and we still have to stay indoors and now possible have to have a internal passport."

I've not had a single damn vaccine. I'm not alone. Viruses mutate to evade protection, I'd like mine to work.

Vaccines don't work for everyone, not everyone, they deserve protection by bringing the disease burden down.

People need to be patient - we're getting there - and think of people other than themselves.

Manchester (she/her)

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials?

Got ya..

Having a PHD or whatever does not guarantee you common sense"

It doesn't, but I think a lot of the thrust here has been testing the most basic of understanding that such a preeminent scholar would be able to do in his sleep.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

No Phds, no degrees, a few O levels & vocational qualifications ..which they don't do in epidemiology, probably for a reason...but I can't get my under educated head around the reason for a government to tell us into the hundred thousands of people have died, when only 600 have. given that a Governments job is to get re elected, we would actually be world leaders in controlling the virus...

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"No Phds, no degrees, a few O levels & vocational qualifications ..which they don't do in epidemiology, probably for a reason...but I can't get my under educated head around the reason for a government to tell us into the hundred thousands of people have died, when only 600 have. given that a Governments job is to get re elected, we would actually be world leaders in controlling the virus..."

Only 600...really

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Oh so you think it's OK to heckle and harass people going about their day? Putting people at risk because you don't want your 'freedoms' taken away?

The only ones that need to wake up are the idiots still claiming covid isn't real. Fucking morons. "

By *exhill4uMan  over a year ago

Between towns

in Lancashire

Got ya..

Having a PHD or whatever does not guarantee you common sense"

I know, I've got eighty twelve of them..

Used to say when dealing with the Uber qualified that they could tell someone the chemical components of an orange but not how to peel it..

Manchester (she/her)

Got ya..

Used to say when dealing with the Uber qualified that they could tell someone the chemical components of an orange but not how to peel it.."

As a semi uber qualified, I resemble that remark

in Lancashire

Got ya..

Used to say when dealing with the Uber qualified that they could tell someone the chemical components of an orange but not how to peel it..

As a semi uber qualified, I resemble that remark "

Sorry swing you don't qualify, seen far too much sense posted by you on here..

Manchester (she/her)

Got ya..

As a semi uber qualified, I resemble that remark

Sorry swing you don't qualify, seen far too much sense posted by you on here.. "

I did flunk my PhD

By *inkyfilthymindMan  over a year ago

Berks / Heathro

There are few things that are more painful than an argument based on empty statistics and dogma. I am a non-conformist and appreciate the need to be challenging social norm.

Having a protest when the approach is to open a bit of community, look at the data, respond by increasing/decreasing community mixing is purely idiotic. What is the protest for?

And for all the multiple PHDs and well-read who blame government, conspiracy and the rich - what bubble are you on where you have not seen a loved one or a fellow human suffer and die?

Some of the apathy and arguments are pathetic (not the people who make them, I am sure all the PHDs make for something!).

A large part of the society is bored and want to create a fuss - feel the need to protest, I get it. But a group of justifying in the name of science, government or some random secret project is pathetic. I am sure I will find it funny in a few years time, but not today

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"No Phds, no degrees, a few O levels & vocational qualifications ..which they don't do in epidemiology, probably for a reason...but I can't get my under educated head around the reason for a government to tell us into the hundred thousands of people have died, when only 600 have. given that a Governments job is to get re elected, we would actually be world leaders in controlling the virus..."

It’s rare I comment on virus posts but can I ask the source of this information, I feel that from fab forum users alone we could reliably identify more than 600.

Happy to be directed to a reliable source of data for this figure

The only ones that need to wake up are the idiots still claiming covid isn't real. Fucking morons. "

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"The government doesn't decide what information goes on the website medical professionals do in regards to public health... And I'm saying the polititans are lying theiveing corrupt and hippocritical

I agree that the politicians are all that you say.

I think that your conclusions from that are somewhere between misguided and stark raving mad."

By *etasubTV/TS  over a year ago

West of Newcastle

I wonder how many protestors are puppets of Putin and Xi jingping, both lovers of controlling "their" people. Maybe the protestors should go to the freedom loving countries of Russia and China to protest.

So if you know things about something, through facts that you yourself have found out via your work and what you have done, through your link to the pandemic ... Why don't you just say that instead of acting like a pompous arse and barging in telling everyone they are sheep or some other insult.... This is why nobody listens and won't... Because you and every "denier" I have come across behaves like a fool... Being clever or even telling the truth won't make people listen once you have insulted them without reason or just because you know better... Viable proof first,without the name calling, might be a better opener, no? This applies in all subjects btw

"There are few things that are more painful than an argument based on empty statistics and dogma. I am a non-conformist and appreciate the need to be challenging social norm.

Having a protest when the approach is to open a bit of community, look at the data, respond by increasing/decreasing community mixing is purely idiotic. What is the protest for?

And for all the multiple PHDs and well-read who blame government, conspiracy and the rich - what bubble are you on where you have not seen a loved one or a fellow human suffer and die?

Some of the apathy and arguments are pathetic (not the people who make them, I am sure all the PHDs make for something!).

A large part of the society is bored and want to create a fuss - feel the need to protest, I get it. But a group of justifying in the name of science, government or some random secret project is pathetic. I am sure I will find it funny in a few years time, but not today"

It's a small part of society. The vast majority of the population are following the rules.

erm!!! I have a btec in brick work, and a 20 meter breast stroke in swimming and to quote the instructor "he had never seen any one in there pjs get the brick from the bottom of the pool so quickly" BOOM!!!!.....MIKE DROP......

Berks / Heathro

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials? erm!!! I have a btec in brick work, and a 20 meter breast stroke in swimming and to quote the instructor "he had never seen any one in there pjs get the brick from the bottom of the pool so quickly" BOOM!!!!.....MIKE DROP...... "

Legend

in Lancashire

Well me and my colleagues at the nags head once sorted world peace, ended global poverty and named the England team that will win the world cup..

And had a kebab to celebrate..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Have a read of this, skeptics:

David Oliver: Mistruths and misunderstandings about covid-19 death numbers

BMJ 2021; 372 (Published 10 February 2021)

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Quite right. I'm certainly less concerned about these protests given the position we are in now than I was the BLM ones of last year

Berks / Heathro

"There are few things that are more painful than an argument based on empty statistics and dogma. I am a non-conformist and appreciate the need to be challenging social norm.

A large part of the society is bored and want to create a fuss - feel the need to protest, I get it. But a group of justifying in the name of science, government or some random secret project is pathetic. I am sure I will find it funny in a few years time, but not today

It's a small part of society. The vast majority of the population are following the rules."

Most of us are bored. Have you seen the traffic on the roads? Majority don’t join a protest and cause a nuisance

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Very well said!

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 09:46:32]

By *aldyreynoldsMan  over a year ago

Oldbury

Precisely.

Liverpool

I wonder if the morons and deniers will accept any responsibility if we end up having yet another lockdown? Of course not - they're never considerate enough to anyone but themselves - it'll be guaranteed to be someone else's fault!

Throughout this whole thing not once did Leicester come out of lockdown - there's a reason for that. It's because of people constantly ignoring the protocols on a large scale and consistently high positive results. Surely that's enough to tell us how it pans out next if we don't have just a little more patience? Not a lot to ask after all this time. The irony is that it'll be those who pretend it's not real that send us backwards.

Pity much sums up how the UK is in general - always the minority messing things up fir everyone else.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Great that people are starting to feel less frightened.

Manchester (she/her)

"I wonder how many protestors are puppets of Putin and Xi jingping, both lovers of controlling "their" people. Maybe the protestors should go to the freedom loving countries of Russia and China to protest."

Yes, I'm genuinely concerned about Russian misinformation making its way to the population and is the cause of some of this bullshit.

I also find it *fucking hilarious* (concerning, but hilarious) that apparently sensible conservatives follow openly Russian news so slavishly. I just... Cold War? Continued suspicion? You what now?

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"I wonder how many protestors are puppets of Putin and Xi jingping, both lovers of controlling "their" people. Maybe the protestors should go to the freedom loving countries of Russia and China to protest.

Yes, I'm genuinely concerned about Russian misinformation making its way to the population and is the cause of some of this bullshit.

I also find it *fucking hilarious* (concerning, but hilarious) that apparently sensible conservatives follow openly Russian news so slavishly. I just... Cold War? Continued suspicion? You what now? "

Oh dear .... some people......

Manchester (she/her)

"I wonder how many protestors are puppets of Putin and Xi jingping, both lovers of controlling "their" people. Maybe the protestors should go to the freedom loving countries of Russia and China to protest.

I also find it *fucking hilarious* (concerning, but hilarious) that apparently sensible conservatives follow openly Russian news so slavishly. I just... Cold War? Continued suspicion? You what now?

Oh dear .... some people......"

I agree entirely

Liverpool

Covid has polarised things in many ways, which has been detrimental in lots of ways, but irrespective of perspective and our individual position, several things are undeniably true:

A) We're currently closer than we've been to getting back to normal than at any point so far.

B) If we all just hang in and do what we're told for a few more weeks that path will remain true.

C) We've repeatedly gone back into lockdown in one way or another due to high infection rates - whether we believe its lethal or not. It's not death rates doing it.

D) It's the infection rate figures that create the plan, for better or worse.

E) With the inoculation rates now coming on so quickly the risk are statistically far less.

......all of which begs the question......why be an utter moron and be the reason to risk yet another lockdown?

Like the government approach or not, it'll be stats that determine what happens next.

Don't be a selfish dickhead basically.

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid has polarised things in many ways, which has been detrimental in lots of ways, but irrespective of perspective and our individual position, several things are undeniably true:

A) We're currently closer than we've been to getting back to normal than at any point so far.

B) If we all just hang in and do what we're told for a few more weeks that path will remain true.

C) We've repeatedly gone back into lockdown in one way or another due to high infection rates - whether we believe its lethal or not. It's not death rates doing it.

D) It's the infection rate figures that create the plan, for better or worse.

E) With the inoculation rates now coming on so quickly the risk are statistically far less.

......all of which begs the question......why be an utter moron and be the reason to risk yet another lockdown?

Like the government approach or not, it'll be stats that determine what happens next.

Don't be a selfish dickhead basically. "

Absolutely agreed.

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on here

Liverpool

"Don't speak to me like I'm an idiot 3 PHD'S IN EPIDEMIOLOGY,PHYSICS and Biology what's your credentials? erm!!! I have a btec in brick work, and a 20 meter breast stroke in swimming and to quote the instructor "he had never seen any one in there pjs get the brick from the bottom of the pool so quickly" BOOM!!!!.....MIKE DROP...... "

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

It might have a very high survival rate BUT it is leaving a lot of those survivors with serious long term sometimes life changing medical health issues.

Just because you survive doesn't mean you are going to be OK.

Manchester (she/her)

It might have a very high survival rate BUT it is leaving a lot of those survivors with serious long term sometimes life changing medical health issues.

Just because you survive doesn't mean you are going to be OK. "

Agreed. These wide awake truth seekers who uncover what *they* don't want you to know etc - they always quote the same sort of number and ignoring the other stuff.

I read 1.1 million people in the UK have long Covid. But that's totes fine, they're alive, so totes cured open it up

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"No Phds, no degrees, a few O levels & vocational qualifications ..which they don't do in epidemiology, probably for a reason...but I can't get my under educated head around the reason for a government to tell us into the hundred thousands of people have died, when only 600 have. given that a Governments job is to get re elected, we would actually be world leaders in controlling the virus...

Only 600...really "

Who'd have thought it... I know personally 1/150th of the entire COVID death toll of the country!

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

What has this got to do with horses? It's 'hypocritical'.

As for the rest of your post, are you OK? No concussion or anything?

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

Sure you do. Sure.

Funny .... I hear crickets has the scholarly gentleman left the building ????

Manchester (she/her)

"Funny .... I hear crickets has the scholarly gentleman left the building ????"

I think some people think that "PhD" is a trump card, and so more PhD is trumpier and therefore they win.

... Unfortunately it means things

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 12:15:00]

I agree with you x"

Shhh the 'experts' on this thread won't like this. Now put your mask on and get jabbed like the government told you too.

By *kyfiMan  over a year ago

low moor Bradford

Theres a time protest an not we so close to beating cov and living our lives again

I came across a great quite the other day, and it really explains a lot that’s going on at the minute.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence”- charles Bukowski

Manchester (she/her)

"I came across a great quite the other day, and it really explains a lot that’s going on at the minute.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence”- charles Bukowski"

So true

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I agree with you x

Shhh the 'experts' on this thread won't like this. Now put your mask on and get jabbed like the government told you too."

The irony of this post is staggering.

I agree with you x

Shhh the 'experts' on this thread won't like this. Now put your mask on and get jabbed like the government told you too.

The irony of this post is staggering."

As is the projection.

Liverpool

"I came across a great quite the other day, and it really explains a lot that’s going on at the minute.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence”- charles Bukowski"

Like that!

Manchester (she/her)

I agree with you x

As is the projection."

Do you have an argument or are you just going "I know you are but what am I?"

I agree with you x

As is the projection.

Do you have an argument or are you just going "I know you are but what am I?""

Pro nouns in your bio. Opinion invalid unfortunately. Have a lovely day

Dudley

I agree with you x

As is the projection.

Pro nouns in your bio. Opinion invalid unfortunately. Have a lovely day "

Your opinion is invalid because it's moronic. Have a terrible day.

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 16:57:48]

wow some people really have a profile that represents the exact opposite of them and their real opinions , thats the strongest case of smoke and mirrors i’ve ever seen - quite terrifying actually

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

I agree with you x

As is the projection.

Pro nouns in your bio. Opinion invalid unfortunately. Have a lovely day "

Imagine being so weak willed and terrified of new ideas that you're bothered by someone listing their pronouns

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I agree with you x

As is the projection.

Pro nouns in your bio. Opinion invalid unfortunately. Have a lovely day

Imagine being so weak willed and terrified of new ideas that you're bothered by someone listing their pronouns "

Snowflakes, huh?

Absurd how people have become increasingly empowered to dismiss data / facts / information / opinion / reasoning from someone else because of an attribute about them. They have been given permission to not intelligently assess it in any way, just drop it on the floor. Wow, huge social progress that is :/

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up

ONS cause of death figures say you're wrong, but ok.

Have fun being an asleeple sheeple. Baa do your research has wake up baa plandemic baa flu"

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Sadly, lots of decent people won't be.

merseyside

So, if someone was knocked down by a car today and died 21 days later from their injuries, would not that be classed as death due to injuries sustained in the car a accident.

If you didn't have the 28 day timeline, what would you have, 2 days, 3 days, a week?

Most folks don't die the same day they contract an illness,any illness, its generally a small stay in a hospital first.

By *achylBondTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well said Keeley

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up

So, if someone was knocked down by a car today and died 21 days later from their injuries, would not that be classed as death due to injuries sustained in the car a accident.

If you didn't have the 28 day timeline, what would you have, 2 days, 3 days, a week?

Most folks don't die the same day they contract an illness,any illness, its generally a small stay in a hospital first."

Liz and Paul,

I suspect you are wasting your logic on these particular viewpoints. Just smile, nod and back away from them

Birmingham

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000 in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up

Most folks don't die the same day they contract an illness,any illness, its generally a small stay in a hospital first.

Liz and Paul,

I suspect you are wasting your logic on these particular viewpoints. Just smile, nod and back away from them "

To be (almost) fair, it is very easy to take the 28 days death stats and over simplify them to being death by Covid-19, when that's not what the stats are saying they say. So people then think that fraction of exceptions in those stats, like the car crash example - which I understand *would* still be on the 28 days stats, but not in the "mentioned on the death certificate" stats are way way higher than they are, and they are being lied to.

Everyone should be taking away from this that statistics are often nuanced, and can't be always be translated from black and white to another black and white situation. We had IVF a few years back and that really taught me to stop asking about percentages. There's a 30% chance this procedure will work? No, there is a 30% success rate over previous individual attempts. there is no meaningful "chance" in each case, it either will work, or it won't.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Covid didn't kill 130.000 or put 400.000 in hospital the real number covid killed is around 600 the rest died within 28 days of a positive test look it up

Liz and Paul,

I suspect you are wasting your logic on these particular viewpoints. Just smile, nod and back away from them

To be (almost) fair, it is very easy to take the 28 days death stats and over simplify them to being death by Covid-19, when that's not what the stats are saying they say. So people then think that fraction of exceptions in those stats, like the car crash example - which I understand *would* still be on the 28 days stats, but not in the "mentioned on the death certificate" stats are way way higher than they are, and they are being lied to.

Everyone should be taking away from this that statistics are often nuanced, and can't be always be translated from black and white to another black and white situation. We had IVF a few years back and that really taught me to stop asking about percentages. There's a 30% chance this procedure will work? No, there is a 30% success rate over previous individual attempts. there is no meaningful "chance" in each case, it either will work, or it won't."

Whilst the confusion over the death figures is in some ways understandable, the true impact of the Virus on the country's death rate us also easy to see. The ONS publishes a "total deaths from any cause this week" document every week. This allows a comparison between any given week and "the average of the last 5 years". The beauty of this document is that you can actually see how the figures follow the same curve as the official "covid death" figures startingin March 2020, but the number of deaths is actually quite a bit higher.

Cal

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Liz and Paul,

Everyone should be taking away from this that statistics are often nuanced, and can't be always be translated from black and white to another black and white situation. We had IVF a few years back and that really taught me to stop asking about percentages. There's a 30% chance this procedure will work? No, there is a 30% success rate over previous individual attempts. there is no meaningful "chance" in each case, it either will work, or it won't.

Whilst the confusion over the death figures is in some ways understandable, the true impact of the Virus on the country's death rate us also easy to see. The ONS publishes a "total deaths from any cause this week" document every week. This allows a comparison between any given week and "the average of the last 5 years". The beauty of this document is that you can actually see how the figures follow the same curve as the official "covid death" figures startingin March 2020, but the number of deaths is actually quite a bit higher.

Cal"

You can't reason with someone who is being unreasonable. I know the following as facts. It killed my mum in a slow tortured and ghastly death. I know its a virus that is sometimes very easily spread and sometimes causes or leads to a horrible death. And sometimes causes terrible complications and long term consequences. I know that thankfully in most cases people seem to recover. And just as we have no evidence of long term consequences of the vaccines. We also have no evidence of the long term consequences of this virus. I know if we let community infections get out of control again the consequences are severe.

Now... What do we choose to do with that info? Me? I choose to take a few easy precautions to reduce the risk of spreading or catching it.

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

This!

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Funny .... I hear crickets has the scholarly gentleman left the building ????

I think some people think that "PhD" is a trump card, and so more PhD is trumpier and therefore they win.

... Unfortunately it means things "

There is another form of PhD though - Penis has Deficiencies - and it drives certain styles of behaviour.

Brighton

Liz and Paul,

Cal

You can't reason with someone who is being unreasonable. I know the following as facts. It killed my mum in a slow tortured and ghastly death. I know its a virus that is sometimes very easily spread and sometimes causes or leads to a horrible death. And sometimes causes terrible complications and long term consequences. I know that thankfully in most cases people seem to recover. And just as we have no evidence of long term consequences of the vaccines. We also have no evidence of the long term consequences of this virus. I know if we let community infections get out of control again the consequences are severe.

Now... What do we choose to do with that info? Me? I choose to take a few easy precautions to reduce the risk of spreading or catching it. "

The winner of the “let’s pause a moment and talk some sense” award goes to...

Brighton

If this is true then instead of insulting people how about actually, you know, sharing some of this information/data you have to provide counter arguments and viewpoints.

If, as you say, the Govt are not being truthful with the data then it needs people to call it out supported by their own data. Not with inflammatory rhetoric that is so easy to dismiss.

I am no fan of the current Govt who I think are inept at best at corrupt at worst, but for the data to be manipulated and twisted to the extent you seem to be claiming would involve the complicity of 000s of people, scientists, medical practitioners. It would leak!

Heck look at the Johnson/Cummings storm right now.

Hmmm you have gone silent and profile hidden! Why?

Birmingham

" You can't reason with someone who is being unreasonable. I know the following as facts. It killed my mum in a slow tortured and ghastly death. I know its a virus that is sometimes very easily spread and sometimes causes or leads to a horrible death. And sometimes causes terrible complications and long term consequences. I know that thankfully in most cases people seem to recover. And just as we have no evidence of long term consequences of the vaccines. We also have no evidence of the long term consequences of this virus. I know if we let community infections get out of control again the consequences are severe.

Now... What do we choose to do with that info? Me? I choose to take a few easy precautions to reduce the risk of spreading or catching it.

The winner of the “let’s pause a moment and talk some sense” award goes to... "

Absolutely!

However... Whilst it's not a relevant point in support of letting it run wild (School gyms converted to mortuaries? No thanks...) I still drift into the angle that you have to die of something. And as horrible as this is, how many other ways of going are even more horrible for even longer? It's naturally impossible to quantify, but if it were, I wonder how many people might have preferred to go from Covid vs whatever else was going to take them. 2 weeks in hospital vs 4 years non-verbal and disorientated in a hospice...?

By *rSshMan  over a year ago

Poundbury

Amen to that. Those that want to stay in doors locked away in fear - carry on and let the rest us carry on with our lives.

People can rant and rave as much as they want but feel they will look pretty damn stupid when the public enquiry happens.

Remember our fearless leader boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients in hospital? Remember ‘eat out to help out’? Remember 25% of deaths were sadly in care homes? Remember the complete farce of PPE? Remember the average age of death is 82.5 years old and beware of the iffy causes of death. People who have died of cancer have been recorded as Covid.

Grow up people. With the power of information at your finger tips - the internet - ignorance is now a choice.

Manchester (she/her)

"Funny .... I hear crickets has the scholarly gentleman left the building ????

... Unfortunately it means things

There is another form of PhD though - Penis has Deficiencies - and it drives certain styles of behaviour."

I assumed PhG - "I googled it and am going to pwn da libz and experts"

(Not knocking being self taught - my training is in history and I can now talk semi intelligently on Covid - but there's ways and ways. I know how to filter information and be pretty sure I'm not falling down a rabbit hole of BS, because I understand the basics of research methodology and critical thinking)

Liverpool

Amen to that. Those that want to stay in doors locked away in fear - carry on and let the rest us carry on with our lives.

People can rant and rave as much as they want but feel they will look pretty damn stupid when the public enquiry happens.

Remember our fearless leader boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients in hospital? Remember ‘eat out to help out’? Remember 25% of deaths were sadly in care homes? Remember the complete farce of PPE? Remember the average age of death is 82.5 years old and beware of the iffy causes of death. People who have died of cancer have been recorded as Covid.

Grow up people. With the power of information at your finger tips - the internet - ignorance is now a choice. "

Yep, telling people to grow up is sure to get your message received well!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Anyone who has mass protested in the last 12 months no matter how seemingly noble the cause give thy head a wobble.

If this is true then instead of insulting people how about actually, you know, sharing some of this information/data you have to provide counter arguments and viewpoints.

If, as you say, the Govt are not being truthful with the data then it needs people to call it out supported by their own data. Not with inflammatory rhetoric that is so easy to dismiss.

I am no fan of the current Govt who I think are inept at best at corrupt at worst, but for the data to be manipulated and twisted to the extent you seem to be claiming would involve the complicity of 000s of people, scientists, medical practitioners. It would leak!

Heck look at the Johnson/Cummings storm right now.

Hmmm you have gone silent and profile hidden! Why?"

nice use of a rherotical question

in Lancashire

"Anyone who has mass protested in the last 12 months no matter how seemingly noble the cause give thy head a wobble. "

Agreed..

Wearing yellow stars and assault's on police, yeah they're so setting an example..

Manchester (she/her)

"Anyone who has mass protested in the last 12 months no matter how seemingly noble the cause give thy head a wobble.

Agreed..

Wearing yellow stars and assault's on police, yeah they're so setting an example.. "

I had one - anyone who's seen me will know - where I bloody wanted to go out with a placard. But my stupid disease vector butt stayed at home.

merseyside

Think it's time to move to other threads.

Be interesting to see what happens to this thread when we are all back to normal.

Maybe we could have a Virus Swingers Social. We could all tip up to a pub and flash our virus related qualifications.

Birmingham

"Think it's time to move to other threads.

Be interesting to see what happens to this thread when we are all back to normal.

Maybe we could have a Virus Swingers Social. We could all tip up to a pub and flash our virus related qualifications. "

Oh I have a laminator, so my card will be worth more, right?

merseyside

Maybe we could have a Virus Swingers Social. We could all tip up to a pub and flash our virus related qualifications.

Oh I have a laminator, so my card will be worth more, right?"

Absolutely, you will go straight to the top of the class

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe we could have a Virus Swingers Social. We could all tip up to a pub and flash our virus related qualifications. "

I have a PhG (I googled it) with an MRes in "I actually know how to research properly"

merseyside

I have a PhG (I googled it) with an MRes in "I actually know how to research properly" "

PHG, impressive.

Manchester (she/her)

I have a PhG (I googled it) with an MRes in "I actually know how to research properly"

PHG, impressive. "

It's a joking derogatory term

My actual qualifications equip me to do the research and not come out with utter garbage, but in a transferrable skills sort of way

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Can the idiots that keep private messaging about this thread pack it up. Grow some balls, if you have something to say, say it in a open forum not through private message with your account set to private. Chicken shits.

merseyside

PHG, impressive.

My actual qualifications equip me to do the research and not come out with utter garbage, but in a transferrable skills sort of way "

But are the qualifications laminated, that's the important bit.

Manchester (she/her)

PHG, impressive.

My actual qualifications equip me to do the research and not come out with utter garbage, but in a transferrable skills sort of way

But are the qualifications laminated, that's the important bit. "

No

Two of them have proper seals on them because that university was into that kind of shit

merseyside

Liz and Paul,

I suspect you are wasting your logic on these particular viewpoints. Just smile, nod and back away from them "

Wish I'd taken your advice months ago.

Now, even when I chant the mantra "I must not look at Virus thread" I'm still frighteningly drawn, like a moth to a light and live to regret it each time.

Please, please Mr Normality, come back into our lives and let swingers sites be just that.

By *rMrs2010Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

It sure is fantastic

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

" You can't reason with someone who is being unreasonable. I know the following as facts. It killed my mum in a slow tortured and ghastly death. I know its a virus that is sometimes very easily spread and sometimes causes or leads to a horrible death. And sometimes causes terrible complications and long term consequences. I know that thankfully in most cases people seem to recover. And just as we have no evidence of long term consequences of the vaccines. We also have no evidence of the long term consequences of this virus. I know if we let community infections get out of control again the consequences are severe.

Now... What do we choose to do with that info? Me? I choose to take a few easy precautions to reduce the risk of spreading or catching it. "

Sorry for your loss

I can't even imagine how infuriating it must be to see people acting the way they when you've lost someone so close to you. You're handling it with a lot more decorum than I would

Liverpool

Sorry for your loss

I can't even imagine how infuriating it must be to see people acting the way they when you've lost someone so close to you. You're handling it with a lot more decorum than I would "

There's was also a lovely lady who was part of a married couple that attended Mature Mischief nights at Libs who sadly passed away from Covid. A Paramedic of my acquaintance down in Worcester also caught it and passed, despite beingas fit as a fiddle. As a result I find the moronic, selfish types hard to stomach.

couple, us we him her.

It sure is fantastic "

why is it fantastic?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Sadly, lots of decent people won't be. "

Yep I’m afraid people do die from a variety of ailments I lost a partner to cancer ... far to young so yes I know all to well people die

Yep I’m afraid people do die from a variety of ailments I lost a partner to cancer ... far to young so yes I know all to well people die "

That’s extremely sad but very different, your friend died with an NHS able to do everything to initially treat and then when sadly a point was reached properly manage her final days.

Nobody in the NHS has ever said “we can’t have people dying of covid”, we have however needed to say how perilously close to a system collapse we where. You only need to look at India to realise how close we where to that total disaster.

I’m our department we where forced to make decisions I sincerely hope we are never called on to make again. If I could change the last year in some way I wish Boris, Burnham etc had of locked down Manchester far earlier than they did.

All this “my liberties” shit always has a common link, it’s spouted by selfish idiots who haven’t spent a minute dealing with the fallout from this crisis or indeed looking after the victims of it. “open your eyes”, “wake up”.... that’s a message coming from people who have watched this pandemic from the comfort of their living room.

I’m all for normality to return, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve lost someone to Covid in my department and that’s something I celebrate. I’m not keen to return to normality in a manner where we jeopardise our current situation, enduring what limitations we have today is far easier than the past few months. You have to be very shortsighted or ridiculously impatient to not appreciate where we stand today.

Lol. The sheer amount of virtue signalling is mind boggling. I think fab should allow people to post links to REAL data, so those not completely brainwashed by the very companies with investments in pharmaceuticals, can try and activate the "common sense" part of the brain that's clearly been switched off

Manchester (she/her)

"Lol. The sheer amount of virtue signalling is mind boggling. I think fab should allow people to post links to REAL data, so those not completely brainwashed by the very companies with investments in pharmaceuticals, can try and activate the "common sense" part of the brain that's clearly been switched off "

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "real" or "data"

"Lol. The sheer amount of virtue signalling is mind boggling. I think fab should allow people to post links to REAL data, so those not completely brainwashed by the very companies with investments in pharmaceuticals, can try and activate the "common sense" part of the brain that's clearly been switched off "

Oh yeah “REAL” info would help... please send me some YouTube links of some crackpot who can tell me the world I’ve lived in is all made up.

That would help matters no end.

couple, us we him her.

Yep I’m afraid people do die from a variety of ailments I lost a partner to cancer ... far to young so yes I know all to well people die

That’s extremely sad but very different, your friend died with an NHS able to do everything to initially treat and then when sadly a point was reached properly manage her final days.

Nobody in the NHS has ever said “we can’t have people dying of covid”, we have however needed to say how perilously close to a system collapse we where. You only need to look at India to realise how close we where to that total disaster.

I’m our department we where forced to make decisions I sincerely hope we are never called on to make again. If I could change the last year in some way I wish Boris, Burnham etc had of locked down Manchester far earlier than they did.

All this “my liberties” shit always has a common link, it’s spouted by selfish idiots who haven’t spent a minute dealing with the fallout from this crisis or indeed looking after the victims of it. “open your eyes”, “wake up”.... that’s a message coming from people who have watched this pandemic from the comfort of their living room.

I’m all for normality to return, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve lost someone to Covid in my department and that’s something I celebrate. I’m not keen to return to normality in a manner where we jeopardise our current situation, enduring what limitations we have today is far easier than the past few months. You have to be very shortsighted or ridiculously impatient to not appreciate where we stand today. "

Well said Charli . Chapeau

"Lol. The sheer amount of virtue signalling is mind boggling. I think fab should allow people to post links to REAL data, so those not completely brainwashed by the very companies with investments in pharmaceuticals, can try and activate the "common sense" part of the brain that's clearly been switched off

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "real" or "data""

Wow. So you actually think over 100000 people have died of covid in the UK so far?

Manchester (she/her)

"Lol. The sheer amount of virtue signalling is mind boggling. I think fab should allow people to post links to REAL data, so those not completely brainwashed by the very companies with investments in pharmaceuticals, can try and activate the "common sense" part of the brain that's clearly been switched off

Wow. So you actually think over 100000 people have died of covid in the UK so far? "

Yes. I have a relationship with reality.

Liverpool

Oh yeah “REAL” info would help... please send me some YouTube links of some crackpot who can tell me the world I’ve lived in is all made up.

That would help matters no end. "

That would help matters no end. "

It's amazing how anyone who questions data or isn't willing to be experimented on by big pharma with horrendous track records is a crackpot who gets all their knowledge from YouTube etc. Especially considering that you tube bans anyone who speaks out. Even those with qualifications and experience coming out of their arses.

couple, us we him her.

That would help matters no end.

It's amazing how anyone who questions data or isn't willing to be experimented on by big pharma with horrendous track records is a crackpot who gets all their knowledge from YouTube etc. Especially considering that you tube bans anyone who speaks out. Even those with qualifications and experience coming out of their arses. "

Difference is your opinion and attitude actually puts people's lives at risk. My opinion by taking necessary precautions and vaccine is only putting myself at risk if your "data" about vaccine is correct.

I know which camp I'd rather be in thanks.

Liverpool

This thread really has been a good signpost for people to avoid going forward.

Irrespective of whatever politicians get up to I find it utterly despicable that all some people care about is themselves and sod everyone else.

I'd agree that the death rates have probably been lower in reality than the original statistics showed, at a time when virtually every death appeared to have been attributed to Covid, but the coldheartedness and lack of humanity to others some of you display is staggering.

Wow, just wow!

Thanks to those of you who've been in the frontline while knowing the terminally selfish haven't had the decency to truly back you. Clearly clapping on doorsteps was nothing more than lip service from some.

Wow. So you actually think over 100000 people have died of covid in the UK so far? "

Amazing isn’t it... a person who’s worked in a city centre ICU and has personally sat with over 200 individuals during the past 12 months whilst their organs failed and they passed away can’t do the simple maths of looking at the reported figures and draw a conclusion that they aren’t made up. Then expand that thinking to trusts across the U.K. knowing they all use the same reporting method.

For the record I don’t believe the current 130k is accurate.

I know there are 10,000’s more than that who have died after the 28 day reporting window, there’s 10,000’s who indirectly through reduced services have lost their battle with other serious illnesses. We’ll know in time the true cost of Covid. I suspect it will pass 200k in total. I suspect we will also have another million with serious health implications for the remainder of their lives to deal with too.

couple, us we him her.

Wow. So you actually think over 100000 people have died of covid in the UK so far?

Amazing isn’t it... a person who’s worked in a city centre ICU and has personally sat with over 200 individuals during the past 12 months whilst their organs failed and they passed away can’t do the simple maths of looking at the reported figures and draw a conclusion that they aren’t made up. Then expand that thinking to trusts across the U.K. knowing they all use the same reporting method.

For the record I don’t believe the current 130k is accurate.

I know there are 10,000’s more than that who have died after the 28 day reporting window, there’s 10,000’s who indirectly through reduced services have lost their battle with other serious illnesses. We’ll know in time the true cost of Covid. I suspect it will pass 200k in total. I suspect we will also have another million with serious health implications for the remainder of their lives to deal with too. "

I am still struggling massively with long covid almost 7 months after contracting covid.