FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Anyone have any doubts at all about these vaccines?

Anyone have any doubts at all about these vaccines?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am not an "anti vaxer" at all, just very cautious about the new ones and to be honest if I am to take one, I prefer to wait, maybe even 2-3 years?

Who knows I might change my mind but anyone else has some concerns?

I know they say small numbers get blood clots but they have been banned for short time for a reason and what if you end up being that one that gets blood clots?

is anyone corcened about this at all?

(not looking to be convinced, just seeing if anyone else has any doubts)

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I had both shots & I'm absolutely figitdutdusutuxjgxicyckt Jack tuxuxgbkih8gxuoa3a

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Whatever risks there are, they exist, and they're smaller than the risk of Covid.

The blood clot thing - most vaccines have risks on that sort of order. No medical intervention is risk free.

I have a family member who suffered a life threatening vaccine reaction (not Covid). It's a one in a million chance or less. I have my vaccines to protect him and people like him.

If I'm one of the people who have the reaction - or any other reaction - then that's the luck of the draw. I could also be hit by a bus tomorrow and ditto.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No concerns at all.

"Whatever risks there are, they exist, and they're smaller than the risk of Covid.

The blood clot thing - most vaccines have risks on that sort of order. No medical intervention is risk free.

I have a family member who suffered a life threatening vaccine reaction (not Covid). It's a one in a million chance or less. I have my vaccines to protect him and people like him.

If I'm one of the people who have the reaction - or any other reaction - then that's the luck of the draw. I could also be hit by a bus tomorrow and ditto."

I understand but this is exactly my point, there always will be that one and I just don't want to be that person

old vaccines I would take without a doubt but new, I am anxious and also why they have to be made differently

No

There is a risk with everything and the risk of getting a blood clot from having COVID is much higher I believe

Manchester (she/her)

"Whatever risks there are, they exist, and they're smaller than the risk of Covid.

If I'm one of the people who have the reaction - or any other reaction - then that's the luck of the draw. I could also be hit by a bus tomorrow and ditto.

I understand but this is exactly my point, there always will be that one and I just don't want to be that person

old vaccines I would take without a doubt but new, I am anxious and also why they have to be made differently"

The old vaccines have similar risks.

I don't want to be that person either, but if the chance is one in a million (I think the blood clots are less), then it's a 999,999 in a million chance that you won't be that person. Blood clots and other dangerous symptoms are *way* more likely if you have Covid (39 in a million according to a quick Google) - plus all the other shit you don't want from getting Covid.

They used different technology because it was quicker and quicker to scale up. But the Oxford vaccine type has been trialled in about a quarter of a million patients before Covid, and the mRNA stuff has been in development for 30 years. It's only new to us lay people.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I am not an "anti vaxer" at all, just very cautious about the new ones and to be honest if I am to take one, I prefer to wait, maybe even 2-3 years?

I know they say small numbers get blood clots but they have been banned for short time for a reason and what if you end up being that one that gets blood clots?

(not looking to be convinced, just seeing if anyone else has any doubts)"

Would you be happy to have the country in lockdown for those 2-3 years?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

old vaccines I would take without a doubt but new, I am anxious and also why they have to be made differently"

You could have a reaction to an "old" vaccine or to any medication your doctor prescribes. I don't understand this sort of response "I don't want to be the one in a million". No, nor do I, but put into context, you're many times more likely to develop a blood clot after your holiday flight than from a vaccine, yet how many people refuse to fly on that basis (when holidays and flights were do-able)?

Look in any medication, no matter how old or new, and there's possible negative effects or side effects, categorised from very common (likelihood more than 1 in 10) to very rare (fewer than 1 in 10,000).

From a patient information leaflet of paracetamol tablets, 500g:

Possible side effects

Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side

effects, although not everybody gets them.

Tell your doctor if you notice any of the

following side effects or notice any other effects

not listed:

• Allergic reactions - skin rash • Blood - changes in numbers and types of blood

cells. If you have an increase in the number of

nose bleeds, notice that you bruise more easily

or have more infections, talk to your doctor.

Very rare cases of serious skin reactions have

been reported

Info on side effects from the NHS, including how to interpret the risk figures: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-are-side-effects/

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

The blood clot bans were purely political. It's about the message they feel they need to send, not the actual science in any way. When there's a meaningful risk of ill-informed people in all walks of life misinterpreting the data and putting out negative publicity, it *could* well lead to massive uptake problems, causing a greater loss of life than a delay in vaccine rollouts. Up to each government how they play it all, but it's certainly not about science.

old vaccines I would take without a doubt but new, I am anxious and also why they have to be made differently

I don't want to be that person either, but if the chance is one in a million (I think the blood clots are less), then it's a 999,999 in a million chance that you won't be that person. Blood clots and other dangerous symptoms are *way* more likely if you have Covid (39 in a million according to a quick Google) - plus all the other shit you don't want from getting Covid.

They used different technology because it was quicker and quicker to scale up. But the Oxford vaccine type has been trialled in about a quarter of a million patients before Covid, and the mRNA stuff has been in development for 30 years. It's only new to us lay people."

Thankfully I am safer than most, always keeping safe and avoiding crowds of people so very unlikely that I would ever catch it. I also have a huge concern how vaccinated people can still get covid and why is there no compensation for vaccine side effects

I would surely take it if I knew that everyone after 10 years is fine as old vaccine took that long to be tested and developed, but maybe is it worth some wait?

you said you don’t want to be convinced so there is no point having a conversation with you , but i would suggest you go and do some real research because your fears are based in misunderstanding of facts and risks that you do know about, and black boxes of not knowing the story so filling it with your own anxiety instead

only gaining the correct knowledge will help you to resolve that

Manchester (she/her)

I can't link to it because of Fab rules, but the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has an excellent podcast on the Covid vaccines (LSHTM Viral series 3). 5 episodes so far.

North West

"

I would surely take it if I knew that everyone after 10 years is fine as old vaccine took that long to be tested and developed, but maybe is it worth some wait?"

No, "old" vaccines were not tested for 10 years. These vaccines have undergone exactly the same testing as every other drug licensed.

You could have a reaction to an "old" vaccine or to any medication your doctor prescribes. I don't understand this sort of response "I don't want to be the one in a million". No, nor do I, but put into context, you're many times more likely to develop a blood clot after your holiday flight than from a vaccine, yet how many people refuse to fly on that basis (when holidays and flights were do-able)?

Look in any medication, no matter how old or new, and there's possible negative effects or side effects, categorised from very common (likelihood more than 1 in 10) to very rare (fewer than 1 in 10,000).

Possible side effects

not listed:

• Allergic reactions - skin rash • Blood - changes in numbers and types of blood

been reported

Info on side effects from the NHS, including how to interpret the risk figures: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-are-side-effects/"

yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years

North West

Possible side effects

not listed:

been reported

Info on side effects from the NHS, including how to interpret the risk figures: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-are-side-effects/

yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years"

No, it goes to your liver instead

Manchester (she/her)

They used different technology because it was quicker and quicker to scale up. But the Oxford vaccine type has been trialled in about a quarter of a million patients before Covid, and the mRNA stuff has been in development for 30 years. It's only new to us lay people.

Thankfully I am safer than most, always keeping safe and avoiding crowds of people so very unlikely that I would ever catch it. I also have a huge concern how vaccinated people can still get covid and why is there no compensation for vaccine side effects

I would surely take it if I knew that everyone after 10 years is fine as old vaccine took that long to be tested and developed, but maybe is it worth some wait?"

There is a vaccine compensation scheme and Covid is on it the same as any other vaccine.

Almost all vaccines don't prevent infection, but they reduce infection and reduce symptoms.

These vaccines have gone through the same safety and efficacy checks as any other vaccines.

Are you prepared to stay away from people for ten years? What are you prepared to do to get us out of this crisis? It's on every single one of us. Without vaccination, distancing is the only way.

Manchester (she/her)

Possible side effects

not listed:

been reported

yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years"

A vaccine teaches your body to respond to a pathogen. After that the stuff breaks down.

Birmingham

"yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years"

What does muscle have to do with anything? It gets into your blood, your brain, your everything when digested...

No concerns.

"yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years

What does muscle have to do with anything? It gets into your blood, your brain, your everything when digested..."

but still I know I can trust paracetamon 100%, while vaccine, not sure at all

Manchester (she/her)

"yes but thankfully parecetamal does not go into your muscles and it has been with us for many years

What does muscle have to do with anything? It gets into your blood, your brain, your everything when digested...

but still I know I can trust paracetamon 100%, while vaccine, not sure at all"

In 2019, 211 people died from taking paracetamol.

Dudley

Possible side effects

not listed:

been reported

Oh dear lord.

I despair.

the point is you can’t trust paracetamol (or anything else) 100% but your lack of understanding has told you one is safer just because it existed longer

you could just as easily be the 1 in a million that something went wrong with paracetamol , with the mmr when you got it ,

you could more easily get a blood clot getting on a flight

you could more easily contract covid and get a blood clot and negative side effects

the odds of these risks that people attach to things are for a reason - so they can be rationally weighed up against each other and understood in context

threads like this honestly would push me into the camp for media regulation its irresponsible clickbait sensationalist crap without context and facts to allow people to understand the fuller story that lead to people having these genuine misunderstandings and fears i despair

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

No, getting my first one tomorrow.

Nope

Dudley

"threads like this honestly would push me into the camp for media regulation its irresponsible clickbait sensationalist crap without context and facts to allow people to understand the fuller story that lead to people having these genuine misunderstandings and fears i despair"

I'm contemplating going to live in a cave, on a mountain, miles away from anyone, after this is over.

"threads like this honestly would push me into the camp for media regulation its irresponsible clickbait sensationalist crap without context and facts to allow people to understand the fuller story that lead to people having these genuine misunderstandings and fears i despair"

hmmm wrong emoji use lol

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

If I'm one of the people who have the reaction - or any other reaction - then that's the luck of the draw. I could also be hit by a bus tomorrow and ditto."

If you get hit by a bus within 28 days of..... Etc...

Manchester (she/her)

If you get hit by a bus within 28 days of..... Etc... "

One of the side effects listed in the Moderna vaccine - someone got hit by lightning. ... Yeah I'm serious

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

No doubts at all...looking forward to my second one.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Genuinely I don't care anymore! .. it can be good/ bad carry a risk or be something scary in the long term. I am happy to take the gamble on the experiment if taking the jab contributes towards the country opening up again I am all for it .. feel the fear but do it anyway!

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Covid isn't going anywhere there will be some years worse than others same as any virus, vaccination has to have an impact! As far as side affects there will always be the odd extreme case

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

I would surely take it if I knew that everyone after 10 years is fine as old vaccine took that long to be tested and developed, but maybe is it worth some wait?

Covid isn't going anywhere there will be some years worse than others same as any virus, vaccination has to have an impact! As far as side affects there will always be the odd extreme case"

How wonderfully put

All life is a risk, but on the balance of probability I'm safer vaccinated than not

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Things in life often get some time held in temporary suspension, due to reviews - it's a frequent act of due caution.

There has been nothing like the volume of testing, research and ongoing evaluation of these vaccines in world history. They have been subject to the most intense scrutinies of possibly anything but lunar explorations.

Hundreds of thousands of diverse people involved in clinical research trials. The evidence fully open and accessible.

And, perhaps most importantly, more than 1 billion vaccinations have been given to date. This delivers unparalleled opportunities to monitor the safety and effectiveness of them.

Newer vaccines will finish trials and be launched in coming months, so waiting a couple of years after the latest will probably mean that you will never get 1. They each are based on solid research and differing vaccine types. Decades of experience are behind them.

There are 2 ways to increase safety here. Lockdown and resistance plus vaccines. Do you want the world in lockdown and the UK to face the conditions of Brazil and India?

Don't have restrictions and people acting in the common good and you will have millions of infections, people suffering long Covid, organ failures, including brain damage. And whilst the virus is swarming through millions of people, new potentially more deadly and infectious mutations will occur.

You've got sometimes to do the right things in life, always knowing that nothing will ever be risk free. If you want a flavour or life without restrictions, go to Brazil and realise what danger is in person.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

In 2019, 211 people died from taking paracetamol."

Facts like those are irrelevant swing when it comes to peoples irrational fears based on a lack of knowledge and understanding.

You could tell him every time he takes paracetamol he is more likely to die than he would by having the vaccine but it isn't going to make a difference. He is clearly closed himself off from objectively assessing the facts, data and the science.

KJ

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Nope I've had both, to protect those that can't have it (same with every vaccine that I'm offered) and get us out of this bloody lockdown once and for all.

The vaccines have gone through exactly the same testing as any other vaccine or they wouldn't be allowed to be used simple as.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I am one of those who has had an allergic reaction to a vaccination. Have not been allowed to have the flu jab now for many years due to a bad reaction.

After a lot of checking by my doctor. Gave go ahead to have pfizer one only. Had a few weeks ago . So far just a stiff arm. Second one at end of May. Asked doctor about flu jab and was informed still not allowed as big risk of reaction still.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"

How did you know the first time you took it that you could trust paracetamol 100%?

You didn’t.

You trusted that the tiny risk of being someone who reacted badly was worth it for the benefit paracetamol would bring you.

For the vast vast vast vast majority of people the tiny risk of reacting badly to the vaccine is worth it for the benefits the vaccine will bring you.

The vaccine is not excluded from the vaccine damage compensation fund. There seems to be a common misconception that the government agreeing not to hold the manufacturer liable for any problems also means it’s excluded from the compensation fund - it’s not

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

No doubts whatsoever! My second AZ jab is due shortly. From a brief read of an article from the BMJ - covid-19 increases the risk of CVTs. It therefore stands to reason that some people may have a reaction to the inoculation itself - but the risk is far higher if you catch C-19 itself (by a factor of 10).

Manchester (she/her)

Facts like those are irrelevant swing when it comes to peoples irrational fears based on a lack of knowledge and understanding.

You could tell him every time he takes paracetamol he is more likely to die than he would by having the vaccine but it isn't going to make a difference. He is clearly closed himself off from objectively assessing the facts, data and the science.

KJ"

Sometimes you argue for the onlookers.

Tin town

"

How did you know the first time you took it that you could trust paracetamol 100%?

You didn’t.

You trusted that the tiny risk of being someone who reacted badly was worth it for the benefit paracetamol would bring you.

For the vast vast vast vast majority of people the tiny risk of reacting badly to the vaccine is worth it for the benefits the vaccine will bring you.

The vaccine is not excluded from the vaccine damage compensation fund. There seems to be a common misconception that the government agreeing not to hold the manufacturer liable for any problems also means it’s excluded from the compensation fund - it’s not "

It's just the covid vax is under an extraordinary amount of scrutiny now. And if covid was only a problem in this country I think our astonishing uptake rates would look very different.

If people actuly bothered to understand the risks of food and drink... Smoking... Recreational drugs... Driving.. Sports... Exercise... Vitamins and supplements... Fish bones.... Everyday medication and treatments like plasters... Razor blades....

They'd view things very differently. I see no issue with reassuring someone that it's not 100 % safe but that nothing... Not even paracetamol is 100% safe...

Manchester (she/her)

"

You didn’t.

The vaccine is not excluded from the vaccine damage compensation fund. There seems to be a common misconception that the government agreeing not to hold the manufacturer liable for any problems also means it’s excluded from the compensation fund - it’s not

It's just the covid vax is under an extraordinary amount of scrutiny now. And if covid was only a problem in this country I think our astonishing uptake rates would look very different.

If people actuly bothered to understand the risks of food and drink... Smoking... Recreational drugs... Driving.. Sports... Exercise... Vitamins and supplements... Fish bones.... Everyday medication and treatments like plasters... Razor blades....

They'd view things very differently. I see no issue with reassuring someone that it's not 100 % safe but that nothing... Not even paracetamol is 100% safe... "

Agreed

I had Covid over Christmas it was bloody horrible it felt like I had a weight on my chest and to this day don’t even know how I got so yes I had my Covid jab this week it did make me have a headache and shivering and temperature but that’s nothing from having Covid and can assure you!!!!!!! Covid is scary it really is

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Had my first az, due for my second next weekend. I trust in science and statistics, given my current employment I've seen the real life effects of this pandemic, I wont judge anyone for their fears or concerns about what works and what doesn't but for me I'm a bit like tesco "every little helps".

Mr H.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

There's loads of people with concerns about the vaccine. Some will have it anyway, some will ask many questions, some are a definite no.

You do what you're comfortable with.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

nope.

Teesside

KJ

Sometimes you argue for the onlookers."

Yeah your absolutely right there's usually more readers than posters, if 1 person is encouraged to find the facts via the debate then its a win.

Manchester (she/her)

KJ

Sometimes you argue for the onlookers.

Yeah your absolutely right there's usually more readers than posters, if 1 person is encouraged to find the facts via the debate then its a win.

"

That's why I bother

Everyone as a choice I was lucky I manage to get over the virus lot of people body can’t handle that poxy virus it’s a Russian roulette I take the vaccine any day

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

No one wants to get a clot but not having the vaccine makes your chances of getting a clot far higher as you have a good chance of catching covid which itself has a high chance of giving you the clot you are trying to avoid

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

stockton

Just had my 2nd yesterday. For me, in my situation it's a no brainer

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We aren't concerned in the slightest. Everything in life has a risk.

Have you read all the side effects on a box of paracetamol?

"We aren't concerned in the slightest. Everything in life has a risk.

Have you read all the side effects on a box of paracetamol?"

that’s right all medications have risks

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have no doubts about the COVID vaccines being used in the UK.

My thoughts are the same as for all vaccinations, it is really important to have it.

I've had my first jab and have the second scheduled for early July.

Had a slightly sore arm but no other side effects af all. Role on July

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I believe it is perfectly natural to have concerns about having a covid vaccination.

I absolutely did give it some serious thought and I am undecided if I want my children to have it, still now. Fortunately I do not have to make that decision right now.

So you take the time you need, to think about it. Do your own research and make an informed decision.

It is your call, only you can decide what is right for you

Tin town

"

You didn’t.

They'd view things very differently. I see no issue with reassuring someone that it's not 100 % safe but that nothing... Not even paracetamol is 100% safe...

Agreed"

Here's a few others to contemplate... Condoms... Birth control... Pill.. Coil.. Likelihood of assault... Car crash..

"I am not an "anti vaxer" at all, just very cautious about the new ones and to be honest if I am to take one, I prefer to wait, maybe even 2-3 years?

yes agree i declined mine and im one of vunrable people with asthma but not yet convinced of vaxcine safty like you say give it couple years see what serious side effects apear but you won't ever get truth stay safe

Teesside

(not looking to be convinced, just seeing if anyone else has any doubts) yes agree i declined mine and im one of vunrable people with asthma but not yet convinced of vaxcine safty like you say give it couple years see what serious side effects apear but you won't ever get truth stay safe "

My very good friend was 28 (less than half your age buddy), very fit, a gym goer who had no health issues apart from asthma. Sadly he was another victim of covid at the height of the 1st Lockdown.

KJ

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Had the radio on in the car recently and listened intently when the sister of one of the guys to have an extremely rare reaction (blood clot) and who sadly died spoke.

While she was deeply upset (who wouldn't be) she spoke powerfully of the absolute need for the vaccination. I didn't realise until the end of the interview that she was a Pharmacist. Said an awful lot for my money.

Life is about choices - and although I'm very much for it I do believe in the right of those who don't want it to refuse. That being so everything we do in life is a consequence of choice and IF countries/establishments do eventually refuse entry without inoculation I hope those people accept that as fair. Those places have choices too at the end of the day.

Manchester (she/her)

"Had the radio on in the car recently and listened intently when the sister of one of the guys to have an extremely rare reaction (blood clot) and who sadly died spoke.

While she was deeply upset (who wouldn't be) she spoke powerfully of the absolute need for the vaccination. I didn't realise until the end of the interview that she was a Pharmacist. Said an awful lot for my money.

Life is about choices - and although I'm very much for it I do believe in the right of those who don't want it to refuse. That being so everything we do in life is a consequence of choice and IF countries/establishments do eventually refuse entry without inoculation I hope those people accept that as fair. Those places have choices too at the end of the day. "

Yup

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No doubts about vaccination cannot wait to get second one very soon

Liverpool

(not looking to be convinced, just seeing if anyone else has any doubts) yes agree i declined mine and im one of vunrable people with asthma but not yet convinced of vaxcine safty like you say give it couple years see what serious side effects apear but you won't ever get truth stay safe

My very good friend was 28 (less than half your age buddy), very fit, a gym goer who had no health issues apart from asthma. Sadly he was another victim of covid at the height of the 1st Lockdown.

KJ"

I've known five people who have passed away through Covid (none were extremely close, but very sad all the same). Two had medical issues, but the others didn't.

As for the vaccination it's a variation on one that's been around for years and which is hugely similar to the flu jab.

That being so it means that as always there will be a very tiny minority who will have extreme reactions, a big majority who will have lesser ones (which in many ways is actually a good thing as it shows the body is reacting to build the immunity) and some who will have little or no reaction.

Statistically it means that the enormous majority are better off having it than not.

It's worth looking at the statistics for blood clots in particular. I believe it's around 30 people in the whole of Europe who have had serious blood clots (which are always a potentially dangerous thing).

For the record I've worked in the medical world for years (though not currently), so this isn't armchair expertise talking - though I don't claim to be an infectious disease specialist either. Hope this helps put your mind at rest buddy.

All the best!

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Is anyone old inough to remember the falidamide generation.thats the last time the gov said a drug was safe for use after only six month testing and look how that turned out a whole generation of deformed kids .after that all drugs required two years testing untill now and who knows the longterm afe ts of these untested drugs

Manchester (she/her)

"Is anyone old inough to remember the falidamide generation.thats the last time the gov said a drug was safe for use after only six month testing and look how that turned out a whole generation of deformed kids .after that all drugs required two years testing untill now and who knows the longterm afe ts of these untested drugs"

Thalidomide survivors have explicitly asked not to be compared to Covid vaccines.

Widespread reform of medical research took place after the disaster, of which we are all beneficiaries.

Which is why you have to clutch at straws and go back over fifty years to find something to support your claim.

Liverpool

"Is anyone old inough to remember the falidamide generation.thats the last time the gov said a drug was safe for use after only six month testing and look how that turned out a whole generation of deformed kids .after that all drugs required two years testing untill now and who knows the longterm afe ts of these untested drugs"

They're not strictly untested though mate - although I understand why people would be concerned about any 'brand new drug. The vast majority of this one is something that's existed for some years though. It's just been tweaked to suit the bug. I'll be the first to say that no drug is completely safe, nor without side effects for some, but the comparison isn't a true one in terms of 'like for like' in this case.

I still understand why some will be concerned all the same. Its just human nature, us the media/social media influences are so rife that its hard to know exactly what to think at times. Personally I've worked in a medical environment for so long that I was hugely confident in deciding to get jabbed myself.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I had a severe reaction to the first. I’m nervous about the 2nd but will do it.

V x

Manchester (she/her)

"I had a severe reaction to the first. I’m nervous about the 2nd but will do it.

V x "

Do talk to your doctor.

I hope you're ok.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

If every vaccine dose was put under the scrutiny of the covid vaccine, we'd see all sorts of problems, blood clots, side effects, etc.

Every vaccine has side effects, and sometimes, unfortunately, it will kill somebody or injure them.

Eating a peanut will kill some people ffs!

Being scared to take a vaccine because somebody, somewhere once got a blood clot, and of those few people, somebody died is ridiculous.

Do you get on a plane? Sometimes they crash! Doesn't mean that you are likely to be in that tiny statistic.

You're far more likely to be unaffected, and better still, you'll be protected against a virus that could actually statistically more likely kill you than the vanishingly small chance of a bad reaction to the vaccine killing you.

Manchester (she/her)

"If every vaccine dose was put under the scrutiny of the covid vaccine, we'd see all sorts of problems, blood clots, side effects, etc.

Every vaccine has side effects, and sometimes, unfortunately, it will kill somebody or injure them.

Being scared to take a vaccine because somebody, somewhere once got a blood clot, and of those few people, somebody died is ridiculous.

Do you get on a plane? Sometimes they crash! Doesn't mean that you are likely to be in that tiny statistic.

You're far more likely to be unaffected, and better still, you'll be protected against a virus that could actually statistically more likely kill you than the vanishingly small chance of a bad reaction to the vaccine killing you."

Do you sit on a chair? Sometimes they break

Beds fall apart

Houses fall down

Some people just drop dead for no apparent reason

Tin town

"If every vaccine dose was put under the scrutiny of the covid vaccine, we'd see all sorts of problems, blood clots, side effects, etc.

You're far more likely to be unaffected, and better still, you'll be protected against a virus that could actually statistically more likely kill you than the vanishingly small chance of a bad reaction to the vaccine killing you.

Beds fall apart

Houses fall down

Some people just drop dead for no apparent reason"

I was going to iron my shirt... But then someone told me they'd heard about a mate of someone who burned themselves while ironing.. Fucked if I'm taking any chances.

if we all want to get back to having fun then take it or don't ask anyone to meet up if you can't be bothered to have it just remember other people on here .

Manchester (she/her)

Beds fall apart

Houses fall down

Some people just drop dead for no apparent reason

I was going to iron my shirt... But then someone told me they'd heard about a mate of someone who burned themselves while ironing.. Fucked if I'm taking any chances. "

Teach the controversy. Ironing is terrible. Don't be oppressed

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Many types of virus have been killers over hundreds of years and have been brought under control by vaccination, it is probably the best shot we have, many nations have been wiped out in the past by new virus before science was available to help, herd immunity did not save them. The whole world is going to have to be vaccinated before we get back to anything like we had before it is going to take time. We got hope for the best unless someone comes up with a better solution.

This is the way I look at it too. There are always gonna be risks, however big or small. Even drinking a glass of water isn't risk free!

I'm more than prepared to take the risk of side effects to protect myself and the people around me from Covid.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

The reason there are side affects is because your immune system kicks into gear it's what the vaccine is designed to do!

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I've had both doses now. No side effects with the 1st, day in bed due to severe tiredness with the second.

I have a condition that necessitates I take a lot of pretty powerful drugs long term. I am lucky enough to be on the "new" drug that I took part in the drug test for years ago. I'm in no pain whatsoever for the first time in 20yrs. I've been given a new lease of life, thanks to all those who partake in drugs trials.

The covid vaccines on offer have been fully tested - they are not asking you to be human guinea pigs.

Also, you want to see the contraindications of the meds I take - would make your hair curl! But I take them because I want to fully enjoy my life.

Having the vaccine not only protects you, but everyone around you. It's a no brainer for me

Northampton Somewhere

"if we all want to get back to having fun then take it or don't ask anyone to meet up if you can't be bothered to have it just remember other people on here . "

Oh yeah, because getting the vaccine so we can fuck randoms is super important

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Nope.

I've got more concerns over getting Covid and the potential affects (short and long term) of that than that of the vaccine.

None of the vaccine concerns I've heard seem to have any solid evidence behind them or are so insignificant that it's not worth worrying over.

By *rMrs84Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

Yes, some.

That said that’s only because it’s new. Mrs has had both and Mr has had his first so far. We believe it’s the greater good at this stage to have them. Long term risks will only show in the long term but the short term risks of not having it are fairly evident for the world right now.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Nope, I get my second jab this Friday.

Watford

Re blood clots, People sometimes get blood clots and die, regardless of vaccines. Nobody can be sure that the vaccine CAUSED any particular blood clot, only that the person developed a blood clot after having the vaccine.

It's perfectly possible that those people could have developed a blood clot even if they hadn't had the vaccine.

It's a bit like saying that somebody died of the vaccine because having had the vaccine, a bus hit them the next day.

I have carefully looked at the scientific, medical, political and conspiracy aspects of the vaccines.

I decided that the only people in the world with the power to "push the red button" don't include me.

I get on with my life as best I can.

For example, travel into certain countries is restricted / illegal / subject to tests and or quarantines.

However, remember this. Entering a country is usually much harder than leaving a country.

Manchester (she/her)

"Re blood clots, People sometimes get blood clots and die, regardless of vaccines. Nobody can be sure that the vaccine CAUSED any particular blood clot, only that the person developed a blood clot after having the vaccine.

It's perfectly possible that those people could have developed a blood clot even if they hadn't had the vaccine.

It's a bit like saying that somebody died of the vaccine because having had the vaccine, a bus hit them the next day."

There does seem to be evidence that some of these clots are associated (they look to what happens in the rest of the population to try to figure it out). But the clots are still extremely rare and you're much more likely to suffer that - and other bad shit - from getting Covid.

"Re blood clots, People sometimes get blood clots and die, regardless of vaccines. Nobody can be sure that the vaccine CAUSED any particular blood clot, only that the person developed a blood clot after having the vaccine.

It's a bit like saying that somebody died of the vaccine because having had the vaccine, a bus hit them the next day."

i 100% agree the risk is tiny, and will still be getting my vaccine and will encourage others to do the same

but i think your information might be out of date

did they not find a specific link between an immune reaction caused by the vaccine and these blood clots , at the very least they are exploring it as an option

all for putting peoples mind at ease but we can’t just ignore facts

Watford

You may be right. I'm just saying that nothing is ever 100 percent certain, ever.

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Thalidomide is a perfectly safe drug for everyone apart from pregnant women. And that is why I believe they have said pregnant women shouldn't have the vaccine yet as it has not been tested on foetuses.

Manchester (she/her)

"Is anyone old inough to remember the falidamide generation.thats the last time the gov said a drug was safe for use after only six month testing and look how that turned out a whole generation of deformed kids .after that all drugs required two years testing untill now and who knows the longterm afe ts of these untested drugs

Thalidomide is a perfectly safe drug for everyone apart from pregnant women. And that is why I believe they have said pregnant women shouldn't have the vaccine yet as it has not been tested on foetuses."

The evidence is changing on that - the US has changed its advice.

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Actually, just read that pregnant women can have the Pfizer one.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

"Up to 20% of cancer patients develop blood clots. Globally up to 60% of blood clots occur within 90 days of hospital discharge. More people die from blood clots each year than the total number of people who lose their lives annually due to AIDS, breast cancer, and motor vehicle crashes combined."

"13,961 people died from a VTE episode in Scotland between 2008-2017"

https://thrombosisuk.org/thrombosis-statistics.php

Blood cots kill people all the time, the miniscule number which may be caused by the vaccine make little difference.

Liverpool

"I've had both doses now. No side effects with the 1st, day in bed due to severe tiredness with the second.

I have a condition that necessitates I take a lot of pretty powerful drugs long term. I am lucky enough to be on the "new" drug that I took part in the drug test for years ago. I'm in no pain whatsoever for the first time in 20yrs. I've been given a new lease of life, thanks to all those who partake in drugs trials.

The covid vaccines on offer have been fully tested - they are not asking you to be human guinea pigs.

Also, you want to see the contraindications of the meds I take - would make your hair curl! But I take them because I want to fully enjoy my life.

Having the vaccine not only protects you, but everyone around you. It's a no brainer for me "

Couldn't have made the point better myself!

""Up to 20% of cancer patients develop blood clots. Globally up to 60% of blood clots occur within 90 days of hospital discharge. More people die from blood clots each year than the total number of people who lose their lives annually due to AIDS, breast cancer, and motor vehicle crashes combined."

Blood cots kill people all the time, the miniscule number which may be caused by the vaccine make little difference.

"

But still the risk of getting it, can't imagine being all healthy, getting the vaccine and it goes wrong and I get a blood clot I know maybe not a high risk but someone will get it, this is what scares me most

Manchester (she/her)

""Up to 20% of cancer patients develop blood clots. Globally up to 60% of blood clots occur within 90 days of hospital discharge. More people die from blood clots each year than the total number of people who lose their lives annually due to AIDS, breast cancer, and motor vehicle crashes combined."

But still the risk of getting it, can't imagine being all healthy, getting the vaccine and it goes wrong and I get a blood clot I know maybe not a high risk but someone will get it, this is what scares me most"

Or you could be all healthy, catch Covid, lose IQ, suffer delirium, long term debilitating fatigue, psychosis, loss of taste and smell, and much more besides - it's much more likely than from a vaccine

By *uckold.cplCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

In my opinion, media played a big roll in scaring people and giving vaccine as only solution. I was amazed how much alternative information, data, articles and videos been blocked censored and removed. According to statistics in UK for every 4 covid deaths there are 3 deaths from lockdown. In Ireland total number of deaths in 2017 was higher than in 2020. Please double check the info and not all alternative media is conspiracy theories. We both working in hospital and we are very few who choosed not to have the vaccine... And we are not "antivaxers" just in the past had very bad side effects from flu vaccine.

Onc again, this is my personal opinion based on the information I found and analyzed, please don't judge.

Had both pfizer.. since 1st one left arm has more than 50%less movement.(can't touch back of head. Cant reach bra..just get to knickerline if put my arm backwards)

2 physios later.. awaiting scan.

I know of 7 folk so far the same.

Hope it does the trick and saves many more lives though

2Vaccines last 18m.. I really don't want booster!

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I also have doubts

Sounds like you have a greater chance of demise in a car accident, I expect you will teavel in one before you have a vacine.

Tin town

"In my opinion, media played a big roll in scaring people and giving vaccine as only solution. I was amazed how much alternative information, data, articles and videos been blocked censored and removed. According to statistics in UK for every 4 covid deaths there are 3 deaths from lockdown. In Ireland total number of deaths in 2017 was higher than in 2020. Please double check the info and not all alternative media is conspiracy theories. We both working in hospital and we are very few who choosed not to have the vaccine... And we are not "antivaxers" just in the past had very bad side effects from flu vaccine.

Onc again, this is my personal opinion based on the information I found and analyzed, please don't judge."

You're right the media is growing ever more irresponsible for this covid situation as well as many others.

I'm intrigued by your statement "3 deaths from lockdown" could you explain that a bit more and possibly provide a link? I'm not sure what "death from lockdown" actually means.

Thks

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

But still the risk of getting it, can't imagine being all healthy, getting the vaccine and it goes wrong and I get a blood clot I know maybe not a high risk but someone will get it, this is what scares me most"

OP you seem very risk averse. In that case I assume you will not have any meets from here in the next 2-3 years (as per your first post re waiting to have the vaccine) as you have no idea who has and hasn’t had the vaccine and hence there will be a risk of you getting COVID. That could end up with you getting blood clots, which is a higher risk than the vaccine and there is also the risk of your blood oxygen sats going really low and you not being able to breath on your own and worst case your lungs filling with fluid before your ultimate death. If you do meet in the next 3 years you are certainly being hypocritical f you want to live a life without any risk. I also advise not to drive a car - do you have any idea of the stats of dying in a car crash over a lifetime? Oh and don’t go near buses, apparently 1000s of people die by being run over by them within 28 days of being tested positive.

By *kmaleMan  over a year ago

Bedford

Based on what I have read these are modified flu vaccines.

They get modified every year.

Because of vaccinations our infections and deaths have plummeted.

There are people better informed on the situation than Joe Public making decisions...we have to trust the boffins

Liverpool

"Based on what I have read these are modified flu vaccines.

They get modified every year.

Because of vaccinations our infections and deaths have plummeted.

There are people better informed on the situation than Joe Public making decisions...we have to trust the boffins"

Absolutely spot on mate!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

No. This is a pandemic, as de later by experts, the WHO- the World Health Organisation.

They are not conspiratorial crackpots. They know what must be done to solve this problem; everyone's problem.

"No. This is a pandemic, as de later by experts, the WHO- the World Health Organisation.

They are not conspiratorial crackpots. They know what must be done to solve this problem; everyone's problem."

But same WHO said that we don't have a pandemic at start of last year so they can easily change their mind

Birmingham

"No. This is a pandemic, as de later by experts, the WHO- the World Health Organisation.

They are not conspiratorial crackpots. They know what must be done to solve this problem; everyone's problem.

But same WHO said that we don't have a pandemic at start of last year so they can easily change their mind"

They changed their mind based on data.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 21:15:33]

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nope because just like the flu vaccine it helps to stop people dying in winter medical science has prevented this from happening so by the number of people who have been vaccinated for this covid19 are surviving so having the opportunity to have the vaccine is going to not only save one life but let you continue to enjoy the life you might have left...

Blackpool

I'm having vaccines then off to socialise.... Life's too short

Dudley

But same WHO said that we don't have a pandemic at start of last year so they can easily change their mind"

Yep, funny thing about researching an ongoing virus, you find new things out! Fancy that

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

As for blood clots nobody knows if they had any issues which were untreated symptoms that creates blood clots with the reaction from the vaccine

Blackpool

"I am not an "anti vaxer" at all, just very cautious about the new ones and to be honest if I am to take one, I prefer to wait, maybe even 2-3 years?life's too short, having 2nd vaccine in cpl weeks then mid June I'm socialising

Would you be happy to have the country in lockdown for those 2-3 years? "

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To qualify to be classed as a pandemic, a virus or disease must be epidemic in many countries. There is obviously a threshold where a virus changes from being "several epidemics in a few countries" to being present in "lots of countries all around the world".

Cal

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I'd be far far more concerned about potentially getting ill because of Covid compared to any concern having a vaccine.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

[Removed by poster at 26/04/21 07:21:22]

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 26/04/21 07:22:26]

Possible side effects

not listed:

been reported

Info on side effects from the NHS, including how to interpret the risk figures: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-are-side-effects/"

Not all info from the NHS is accurate, for example the Live Well advice - a LOT of the nutritional and exercise advice is a f*****g JOKE and laughable

Having taken one of the courses for a qualification I had access to the questions which were scary misinformed as to the answers they wanted to hear, in fact it was such a joke that I passed on some of the questions and required inaccurate answers on to Dave Palumbo in the USA - a TOP ex pro bodybuilder and nutritionist and he got back to me with this " these guy's are a fucking joke "

So be a little cautious when taking advice from the NHS

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Nope, not about blood clots or anything like that, the stats are crystal clear.

I do wonder a lot about virus mutations becoming vaccine resistant. But I don't worry about it, because in that case it's either the end of the human race or its not. Nothing more we can do about it.

Tin town

Possible side effects

not listed:

been reported

Not all info from the NHS is accurate, for example the Live Well advice - a LOT of the nutritional and exercise advice is a f*****g JOKE and laughable

Having taken one of the courses for a qualification I had access to the questions which were scary misinformed as to the answers they wanted to hear, in fact it was such a joke that I passed on some of the questions and required inaccurate answers on to Dave Palumbo in the USA - a TOP ex pro bodybuilder and nutritionist and he got back to me with this " these guy's are a fucking joke "

So be a little cautious when taking advice from the NHS "

Agree with that. Somehow we have over the years put the NHS on a pedestal where it can do no wrong, say no wrong and when it makes some of its many mistakes, can not be blamed. There is dreadful complacency and poor "expertise" written accepted as fact because it has the NHS branding. Alongside our generally lazy approach to educating ourselves about our health and wellbeing and demand for one size fits all. It's potential for a lot of unhelpful "information".

Manchester (she/her)

I appreciate the institution of the NHS even where I blatantly disregard some of the information it provides

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

This makes no mathematical sense and shows how media reporting can inflate a risk.

Nothing is 100% risk free, but the serious risk of doing nothing is higher than the risk of taking a vacinne.

Liverpool

This makes no mathematical sense and shows how media reporting can inflate a risk.

Nothing is 100% risk free, but the serious risk of doing nothing is higher than the risk of taking a vacinne.

"

Yup - sums it up nicely! It's about probability at the end of the day - and the lesser of evils.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

The way things have been the last year haven't been 'living' anyway so why worry.

What's the worst that can happen?

Manchester (she/her)

"The way things have been the last year haven't been 'living' anyway so why worry.

What's the worst that can happen?"

You'll turn into the Incredible Hulk (according to the worst of the American vaccine adverse reactions section) and service the grand agenda of global destruction led by Bill Gates.

... Then you'll wake up and have a sore arm.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"The way things have been the last year haven't been 'living' anyway so why worry.

You'll turn into the Incredible Hulk (according to the worst of the American vaccine adverse reactions section) and service the grand agenda of global destruction led by Bill Gates.

... Then you'll wake up and have a sore arm."

You reckon the Hulk has a normal sized dick or one of those body builder micro-dick things?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The clue is in the name, "pan" as in everywhere. At the start of last year covid was only just starting to spread and was thus not a pandemic. However there was a risk of pandemic, which was proved to be true when it did actually spread and become a pandemic.

It goes a bit like this:

First person - it's an infection.

Spreads to a few - community outbreak.

Numbers keep rising, it isn't going away on its own, spreads through cities and across country - epidemic.

It's effing everywhere - pandemic.

And the main reason that covid keeps spreading and has been crippling the world (health wise and financially) for over a year now - because there's too many people that only think of their own personal convenience.

Birmingham

But same WHO said that we don't have a pandemic at start of last year so they can easily change their mind

The clue is in the name, "pan" as in everywhere. At the start of last year covid was only just starting to spread and was thus not a pandemic. However there was a risk of pandemic, which was proved to be true when it did actually spread and become a pandemic.

It goes a bit like this:

Numbers keep rising, it isn't going away on its own, spreads through cities and across country - epidemic.

And the main reason that covid keeps spreading and has been crippling the world (health wise and financially) for over a year now - because there's too many people that only think of their own personal convenience."

Imagine if WHO refused to "change their mind" after their early communications. How insane would that have been?!

Manchester (she/her)

... Then you'll wake up and have a sore arm.

You reckon the Hulk has a normal sized dick or one of those body builder micro-dick things?

"

Depends on if you ask an anti vaxxer dumpster diving in the data, or someone trying to spin this as a good thing.

(Now I have Losing My Religion in my head. "That was just a dream...")

Manchester (she/her)

It goes a bit like this:

And the main reason that covid keeps spreading and has been crippling the world (health wise and financially) for over a year now - because there's too many people that only think of their own personal convenience.

Imagine if WHO refused to "change their mind" after their early communications. How insane would that have been?!"

I think we actually have a serious issue with people understanding how this works.

Epilepsy is a sacred disease imposed by god. So the ancient Greeks say, and anyone trying to change their mind shows just how uncertain and dishonest all this science business is. Facts are facts, immortal, unchangeable. Things are as they always were or someone is out to get me.

- sent from my iPhone

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I've been feeling much better in myself since having my first jab.

Felt a bit weird for a week or so, but now I have more energy and less head fog than I had pre-jab.

Could be a coincidence of course, but I'm looking forward to the second one to see if I improve again

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

It goes a bit like this:

And the main reason that covid keeps spreading and has been crippling the world (health wise and financially) for over a year now - because there's too many people that only think of their own personal convenience."

I have someone on my Facebook like that.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've been feeling much better in myself since having my first jab.

Felt a bit weird for a week or so, but now I have more energy and less head fog than I had pre-jab.

Could be a coincidence of course, but I'm looking forward to the second one to see if I improve again "

I've heard reports of some long Covid symptoms improving post vaccine.

By *agnusandCadlynCouple  over a year ago

wallasey

If they truly believed that there was any risk of major side effects or death with the vaccine, would the NHS, care staff and support workers have been vaccinated straight away? We are a sector that people rely on, so why risk so many people and having to find thousands of staff to replace them?

I am glad I got my vaccines through work, I'm also high risk myself. And had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago.

It's natural to have doubts about something that you have little or no working knowledge of, especially with all the 'experts' opinions on social media. All I know is that I'm marginally safer with it than without it.

Those concerned about the exploitation of rights etc need to give their heads a wobble as they no doubt live their lives on mobile phones, face book et al, which will be monitoring far more than a vaccine 'passport' ever could.

Liverpool

"If they truly believed that there was any risk of major side effects or death with the vaccine, would the NHS, care staff and support workers have been vaccinated straight away? We are a sector that people rely on, so why risk so many people and having to find thousands of staff to replace them?

I am glad I got my vaccines through work, I'm also high risk myself. And had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago. "

Very glad to know our frontline staff are protected as much as possible!

The safest thing for an individual is to ensure everyone around them has the vaxx that way your protected via others and don’t need the jab yourself if you have major concerns and think your immune system good enough to fight COVid

Manchester (she/her)

"If they truly believed that there was any risk of major side effects or death with the vaccine, would the NHS, care staff and support workers have been vaccinated straight away? We are a sector that people rely on, so why risk so many people and having to find thousands of staff to replace them?

I am glad I got my vaccines through work, I'm also high risk myself. And had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago. "

Thank you for what you do.

By *ntertainment2Couple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

No concerns at all about having the vaccine. Just waiting for our second Astra Zeneca vaccine now.

They're not vaccines. They are gene therapy

Dudley

"They're not vaccines. They are gene therapy "

OK.... I'm definitely going to listen to you over scientists.

Northampton Somewhere

"They're not vaccines. They are gene therapy "

After all this time there are still people with this perception

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I have no doubts at all. Though I except in very very very rare circumstances a person may have an adverse reaction.

North West

Gene therapy definition:

"the introduction of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders."

Covid is not a genetic disorder.

The vaccines do not introduce normal genes in place of missing/defective genes.

The mRNA in the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are effectively facsimiles of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene, but is not actually a gene.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who teaches biology

So tell me what is the definition of a vaccine? Does the phizer jab meet all the criteria?

A quick browse of Google seems to suggest not. (Unless of course you look at msm articles

Manchester (she/her)

"Gene therapy definition:

"the introduction of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders."

Covid is not a genetic disorder.

The vaccines do not introduce normal genes in place of missing/defective genes.

The mRNA in the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are effectively facsimiles of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene, but is not actually a gene.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who teaches biology"

But if you take a law from American state A and another law from American state B and disregard what the doctors and scientists say, it's a conspiracy to give us icky untested things because legislators from only these specific states (who define things in ways which suit my argument) know much more than actual scientists. Therefore conspiracy Bill Gates sheeple plandemic

North West

"So tell me what is the definition of a vaccine? Does the phizer jab meet all the criteria?

A quick browse of Google seems to suggest not. (Unless of course you look at msm articles "

A vaccine is a substance that when introduced into the body, elicits an immune response against a particular antigen or antigens.

The antigen in this case is the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.

The vaccines elicit antibodies (B cell response) and also T cell responses.

They are vaccines

Bill Gates has nothing to do with it. The conspiracies around him are bollocks.

I just remembered that since I had my polio,tetanus and tb vaccines. I've never caught any of those things.

My kids haven't caught meningitis, measles, mumps or rubella. I'm guessing it's because we are vaccinated.

Last I heard. The SarsCov2 gene therapies don't stop you catching or spreading.

Hmm interesting.

So as you can see by this post. I'm not anti vax. (Like that's a bad thing anyway. Ever heard of my body my choice?)

Before anyone starts virtue signalling.

If you've been vaccinated as you put it. What on earth has what others do have anything to do with yourselves?

Dudley

"Bill Gates has nothing to do with it. The conspiracies around him are bollocks.

I just remembered that since I had my polio,tetanus and tb vaccines. I've never caught any of those things.

My kids haven't caught meningitis, measles, mumps or rubella. I'm guessing it's because we are vaccinated.

Hmm interesting.

So as you can see by this post. I'm not anti vax. (Like that's a bad thing anyway. Ever heard of my body my choice?)

If you've been vaccinated as you put it. What on earth has what others do have anything to do with yourselves?

"

I suggest you learn the very basics about vaccines before saying such silly things.

"Bill Gates has nothing to do with it. The conspiracies around him are bollocks.

Hmm interesting.

I suggest you learn the very basics about vaccines before saying such silly things. "

Wondered when you'd chime in with your mates

I know full well how vaccines work thanks very much.

That's because I read as much as possible (from every angle) Not the one sided garbage spouted out by big tech, msm, and big pharma.

Maybe I should. After all, these companies only have everyone's best interests at heart

I was going to post but you’ve pretty much said it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Hmm interesting.

"

An antivax stance can definitely be a bad thing. False scare stories were claimed after the Wakefield MMR fraud by many, including the Daily Mail for years. These scared people from vaccinating their children, which has resulted in many avoidable infections and potentially many deaths.

There are no Sars-Cov-2 'gene therapies' that are approved BTW.

The vaccination of others does have an impact on us. Some people cannot receive certain vaccines, so others having immunity protects them. Likewise with herd immunity - the beneficial result of achieving high penetration of immunity amongst populations, which can result in an incoming infection meeting a dead end, as it's unable to infect others.

The current vaccines appear to reduce both the number of people getting infected as well as the number of people who they can infect. Increasing data will show the greater extent of this, rather than just reducing the levels of people getting seriously ill, needing hospital care or losing lives.

Manchester (she/her)

Hmm interesting.

"

I thought virtue signalling was going on about charitable work in a way that gave certain segments of society the sadz

By *t my DesiresWoman  over a year ago

Bitchville

I've had both shots and still here! Aches for 24hrs after the 2nd, but was it!

North West

Very few vaccines achieve "sterilising" immunity, i.e total cut in transmission and inability to be infected at all.

Vaccinated people do still catch and transmit measles, mumps, meningitis and a range of other illnesses.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Also you cannot directly compare something like the meningitis vaccines, which are designed to reduce illness severity for a bacterial illness, to a virus like SARS-CoV-2. You also cannot compare two different viruses, like measles vs SARS-CoV-2, because different viruses have different rates of mutation, different ways of evading the immune system and so the varying virulence factors between pathogens means we must consider each pathogenic organism/particle separately.

Hmm interesting.

I thought virtue signalling was going on about charitable work in a way that gave certain segments of society the sadz "

Errmmm nope.

These days they're known a karens

Manchester (she/her)

"Very few vaccines achieve "sterilising" immunity, i.e total cut in transmission and inability to be infected at all.

Vaccinated people do still catch and transmit measles, mumps, meningitis and a range of other illnesses.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Also you cannot directly compare something like the meningitis vaccines, which are designed to reduce illness severity for a bacterial illness, to a virus like SARS-CoV-2. You also cannot compare two different viruses, like measles vs SARS-CoV-2, because different viruses have different rates of mutation, different ways of evading the immune system and so the varying virulence factors between pathogens means we must consider each pathogenic organism/particle separately."

Not facts!

Manchester (she/her)

Hmm interesting.

I thought virtue signalling was going on about charitable work in a way that gave certain segments of society the sadz

Errmmm nope.

These days they're known a karens "

Then what are entitled women having shit fits in shops?

Hmm interesting.

Errmmm nope.

Then what are entitled women having shit fits in shops?"

Karens

Manchester (she/her)

Hmm interesting.

Errmmm nope.

Then what are entitled women having shit fits in shops?

Karens "

I think you're as knowledgeable about slang as you are about vaccines

But still the risk of getting it, can't imagine being all healthy, getting the vaccine and it goes wrong and I get a blood clot I know maybe not a high risk but someone will get it, this is what scares me most

Or you could be all healthy, catch Covid, lose IQ, suffer delirium, long term debilitating fatigue, psychosis, loss of taste and smell, and much more besides - it's much more likely than from a vaccine"

Just like the minuscule number of Covid deaths among healthy people...

You happily talk a lot about supposed facts of vaccines and viruses but you smell like mains stream media BS

Manchester (she/her)

Or you could be all healthy, catch Covid, lose IQ, suffer delirium, long term debilitating fatigue, psychosis, loss of taste and smell, and much more besides - it's much more likely than from a vaccine

You happily talk a lot about supposed facts of vaccines and viruses but you smell like mains stream media BS

"

Haven't paid attention to the media on it in a year. Have been following the scientists.

Sorry that upsets you.

Im sure you have. Scientist that believe in Scientology by any chance?

North West

"Im sure you have. Scientist that believe in Scientology by any chance?"

Oh my days

Manchester (she/her)

"Im sure you have. Scientist that believe in Scientology by any chance?

Oh my days "

End of the day.

If you believe everything msm tells you. Have an experimental (vaccine) as you call it.

If you're scared about dying from something that whilst very nasty you still have a very high chance of being absolutely fine (co morbidities and vit D deficient aside). Be part of the experiment.

If you're fed up of lockdown and want to get your life back ( yes the lockdowns do encourage vaccine uptake. Be part of the experiment.

I seem to remember being mocked by the very same people when I said furlough would be extended past April. Hmmmmm and what happened??

Haven't paid attention to the media on it in a year. Have been following the scientists.

Sorry that upsets you."

Most people with common sense have looked at the many many scientists, gagged by MSM, and listened to both sides.

Great Barrington declaration springs to mind. All those scientists who don't know what they're talking about eh

Maybe they are all discredited loons. Must be if MSM and social media say so. Lmao

Manchester (she/her)

North West

"End of the day.

If you believe everything msm tells you. Have an experimental (vaccine) as you call it.

If you're scared about dying from something that whilst very nasty you still have a very high chance of being absolutely fine (co morbidities and vit D deficient aside). Be part of the experiment.

If you're fed up of lockdown and want to get your life back ( yes the lockdowns do encourage vaccine uptake. Be part of the experiment.

I seem to remember being mocked by the very same people when I said furlough would be extended past April. Hmmmmm and what happened?? "

I shared earlier in the thread the academic facts about vaccines, as was taught to me at university, and as I teach now to young people aged 18+, but no response. The reason mainstream media repeats these academic facts is because you will find them written in textbooks and academic journal articles, having been elucidated by work over many years via the scientific method.

Manchester (she/her)

"End of the day.

I seem to remember being mocked by the very same people when I said furlough would be extended past April. Hmmmmm and what happened??

I shared earlier in the thread the academic facts about vaccines, as was taught to me at university, and as I teach now to young people aged 18+, but no response. The reason mainstream media repeats these academic facts is because you will find them written in textbooks and academic journal articles, having been elucidated by work over many years via the scientific method. "

But it doesn't make randoms on the internet feel superior, so obviously it's wrong. Evidence is a conspiracy

No vaccine for me thanks. I’m not against people choosing to do so. Considering there are many cheaper treatments that have proven to be effective I have no reason to subject myself to a regime of vaccines, as money making products tend to become an annual thing at the least. Many of the companies have admitted they cannot guarantee you catching or spreading it. Even Bojo said it’s not due to people being vaccinated that cases have dropped but the lockdown. Which is another lie. I live in a place where many of the residents are at care home age, none dead yet and most haven’t stopped family contact, thankfully. Those who believe things will return to normal if all are vaccinated are also incorrect. Watch this space, more lockdowns to come.

Dudley

Hmm interesting.

I suggest you learn the very basics about vaccines before saying such silly things.

That's because I read as much as possible (from every angle) Not the one sided garbage spouted out by big tech, msm, and big pharma.

Maybe I should. After all, these companies only have everyone's best interests at heart "

I've never met any of these people you call my mates, we share similar view points and are happy to put them across, especially when standing up to people that insist on spreading outright lies and conspiracy nutcases.

Dudley

"End of the day.

I seem to remember being mocked by the very same people when I said furlough would be extended past April. Hmmmmm and what happened?? "

It gave you a teeny bit of ammunition to act like you know everything. That's about it.

In an ever changing situation, funnily enough, things change. Who'd have thought it eh?

Truth is no one will know until 2022/2023 when the trails are completed.

Hmm interesting.

Maybe I should. After all, these companies only have everyone's best interests at heart

I've never met any of these people you call my mates, we share similar view points and are happy to put them across, especially when standing up to people that insist on spreading outright lies and conspiracy nutcases."

I'm assuming by conspiracy nut, you mean me.

You know when someone's not very bright when they start throwing insults around.

Time will tell who's right and wrong. Considering that the phizer trials don't end until 2023. Even phizer aren't absolutely certain.

Maybe you can tell them not to bother with the experiment as your wealth of wisdom can show them just how safe their concoction is.

Google, phizer lawsuits. Hopefully they'll have tome away from court to listen to you

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Would you be happy to have the country in lockdown for those 2-3 years? "

That will happen anyway, the goal posts keep changing. The virus will mutate again and again.

North West

The 2023 thing is the same phase IV post licensing monitoring that occurs in all newly licensed meds. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-monitoring-idUSKBN2AC2G3