FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > a non coronavirus, virus

a non coronavirus, virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

me moaning about being ill again

well no not moaning, just hoping the wonderful folk of fab could maybe share some experience because the entire internet only wants to talk about covid , i literally cant find anything else

(just for clarity i had a negative covid test)

pre the days of covid, if any of you caught a nasty bug, is like ongoing fatigue a thing? i spent 8 full days in bed and feel like i am on the mend but my god my energy is big fat zero - i lay outside for 40 minutes today listening to a podcast and had to have a 3 hour nap after

also when you are sick to the back teeth of crackers and buttered toast but you know your stomach isnt ready for the chinese your brain is craving, any recommendations for something tasty that i won’t instantly regret?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

People are beginning to wonder, given long Covid, if ME/CFS is a post viral thing. Not that I'm suggesting you have that. But yes, it can sometimes take me a long while to recover from an illness.

When my stomach is upset I go for Vegemite on dry toast (it's an Aussie thing ), salt and vinegar crisps, diluted orange juice, and avoid dairy.

oooh crisps could be a winner!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"oooh crisps could be a winner! "

Get your calories in at the moment.

If you've had gastro distress, grab a drink with electrolytes too (or Dioralyte etc).

"oooh crisps could be a winner!

If you've had gastro distress, grab a drink with electrolytes too (or Dioralyte etc)."

yeah ive been slowly on the electrolyte drinks and lucozade sport for a few days now , and tuc crackers and toast

im just so craving flavour now but couldn’t think what to eat that had flavour without making me sick again

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"oooh crisps could be a winner!

If you've had gastro distress, grab a drink with electrolytes too (or Dioralyte etc).

yeah ive been slowly on the electrolyte drinks and lucozade sport for a few days now , and tuc crackers and toast

im just so craving flavour now but couldn’t think what to eat that had flavour without making me sick again "

Always difficult to get back to eating when you haven't felt like it for a while. I tend to go for carbs but never fancy a big meal with one particular flavour. I try a plate of home made chips but have several pots of different dips with them. Ketchup, mayonnaise, bbq, or whatever you fancy. Works for me and hopefully will for you too. Hope you feel better soon x.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Bananas and apples are great to eat after being ill.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Salted crisps

Rice pudding

» Add a new message to this topic