FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Swine flu

Swine flu

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Whatever happened to Swine Flu ?

Had it back in 2008 and it knocked me for 6.

Did anybody else have it ?

Covid is getting like brexit, let’s give a shout out to all the other nasty fuckers that are trying to kill us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Whatever happened to Swine Flu ?

Covid is getting like brexit, let’s give a shout out to all the other nasty fuckers that are trying to kill us.

"

Yeah, I was diagnosed over the phone using 111, they didn't want me anywhere near a NHS facility and frankly I couldn't have got to one if I wanted to I was that bad.

I had to get my swine flu medication collected by family.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah, I was diagnosed over the phone using 111, they didn't want me anywhere near a NHS facility and frankly I couldn't have got to one if I wanted to I was that bad.

I had to get my swine flu medication collected by family."

I was absolutely the same . I said to hubby last week when the covid jab floored me .. that it felt like swine flu again ‘

By *argoyleMan  over a year ago

dudley

The 2009/2010 swine flu epidemic caused around 250 thousand deaths worldwide (WHO) and was from the H1N1 strain of the virus. It has not gone away and that strain is regularly included in the annual 'flu vaccine, though most people in the UK have some immunity to it. There were 3 reported cases of influenza in the UK last week (Office of national statistics)

My kids had it it was terrifying at the time i had to queue for tamiflu in a panic was no masks mind you

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My kids had it it was terrifying at the time i had to queue for tamiflu in a panic was no masks mind you "

Yes, I was constantly worried about my son, who had pretty bad asthma as a child. We changed our honeymoon destination because we'd booked Mexico but that was where swine flu was taking off, so we switched to a family holiday in Menorca instead!

So, one pandemic disease had already changed our travel plans before Covid was even a thing. I think people forget what it was like in 2009....

Leeds

"My kids had it it was terrifying at the time i had to queue for tamiflu in a panic was no masks mind you "

I forgot about the tamiflu, I stopped taking it as it made me violently sick, horrible stuff.

Leeds

I had to get my swine flu medication collected by family.

I was absolutely the same . I said to hubby last week when the covid jab floored me .. that it felt like swine flu again ‘ "

Agreed, I was ill the next day after my jab and was like swine flu on day 5

Great photos Mavis

Guess I'm lucky as I've never had the Flu virus and very RARELY catch a cold, approx. four to five years ago now

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Yes I (Mr) had it in 2008/9 and it knocked me sideways for 3/4 days.

Strangely enough I haven't had a flu since.

Hope I'm not tempting fate.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

It’s a bit of a pig

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

It’s still around. It was one of the more common flu strains in the last few years. There was an outbreak on Shetland in 2020 right at the start of Covid becoming a problem.

The quarantine was so much stricter. My cat sitter got quarantined in my house when I was on holiday. Had to extend for a few days as we weren’t allowed to come home!

By *sh6866Man  over a year ago

halifax

Normal flu usually makes me feel rough for a day...with swine flu, i didn't wake up for almost 2 days..was horrible. Yet covid vaccine didn't affect me a bit (first one anyway, see what happens on round 2 )

"The 2009/2010 swine flu epidemic caused around 250 thousand deaths worldwide (WHO) and was from the H1N1 strain of the virus. It has not gone away and that strain is regularly included in the annual 'flu vaccine, though most people in the UK have some immunity to it. There were 3 reported cases of influenza in the UK last week (Office of national statistics)"

where do we get our recorded cases of influenza from?

ive just been really ill for 10 days with something that wasn’t covid (negative test)

covid was the only test i took, but the doctor was pretty sure whatever i had was viral so it could easily have been flu , how do you record cases of something you are not testing for because i doubt im the only one that was in bed ill last week untested - advice for colds and flus has always been stay away from doctor, bed rest and stay hydrated so the numbers are pretty much untrackable

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"The 2009/2010 swine flu epidemic caused around 250 thousand deaths worldwide (WHO) and was from the H1N1 strain of the virus. It has not gone away and that strain is regularly included in the annual 'flu vaccine, though most people in the UK have some immunity to it. There were 3 reported cases of influenza in the UK last week (Office of national statistics)"

Can’t help but think Covid 19 might have been the same, had it not been for...

- All the media coverage

- All the dodgy tests

- All the deaths labelled a Covid death, that weren’t directly caused by Covid.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Yep, myself and my daughter had it, we were told not to leave our house at all and to get family to deliver food shopping to the front door then leave before I opened the door to collect the shopping. It was horrible, we were pretty poorly.

By *nmgCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yep, I got swine flu around 2008..... Not the most pleasant of things!

Swine flu and Bird flu are still around and recently there have been outbreaks in Russia including (if reports are to be believed) the first human to human cases.

Intensive/factory farming is likely to increase the likelihood of more outbreaks and modern life increases the risk of human cross contagion. But if Covid 19 has taught us anything; it’s that we are now better prepared and drug companies working together (with red tape removed) can come up with a vaccine.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

I got swine flu after working in a clinic issuing Tamiflu back then and it knocked me out for at least three weeks and I actually thought that was the end.

Ive had a flu jab every year since up to changing jobs 3 years ago where I was no longer offered it on the job but instead have to source it myself, but for last 2 years ive tried and there are never any in stocks.

Fast forward to Sept last year and lo and behold i get Covid-19! Not a patch on Swine Flu, but nasty all the same!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Oh I had swine flu way back - totally floored both me and my son. Son didn't take Tamiflu but I did - he was up n at em in about a week and I was ill for weeks and ended up with bronchitis from it!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"The 2009/2010 swine flu epidemic caused around 250 thousand deaths worldwide (WHO) and was from the H1N1 strain of the virus. It has not gone away and that strain is regularly included in the annual 'flu vaccine, though most people in the UK have some immunity to it. There were 3 reported cases of influenza in the UK last week (Office of national statistics)

Can’t help but think Covid 19 might have been the same, had it not been for...

- All the media coverage

- All the dodgy tests

- All the deaths labelled a Covid death, that weren’t directly caused by Covid.

"

Covid has caused over 3 million deaths worldwide so far, likely to be under reported due to places like India not counting those who flake out in the street or in auto rickshaws while waiting for a non existent hospital bed. 250,000 total swine flu deaths vs over 3 million from Covid and counting - this is orders of magnitude worse.

» Add a new message to this topic