FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > bodies piling up

bodies piling up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

apparently the prime ministers words

what do you think?

do you think he said that he'd rather have bodies piling up than have another lockdown.?

im not sure but I do find the imagery interesting as I think the invisibility of the virus has been the biggest problem

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everytime I've seen someone say about 'when the bodies are piling up on the streets' just makes me wonder how much of a grasp on reality they actually have??

Seems a bit strange to say such a thing as I had to make funeral arrangements in November when the covid deaths were much higher than now and was told that the crematoriums weren’t particularly busy.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm sure its a lot more noticeable in a country without such an Efficient health service

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Seems a bit strange to say such a thing as I had to make funeral arrangements in November when the covid deaths were much higher than now and was told that the crematoriums weren’t particularly busy."

We booked my Grandad's funeral in mid February and the crem was booked up and the funeral directors said they were extremely busy, much more so than a standard winter. This was in the Lake District.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It sounds like something he would say, slightly odd and dramatic..

If he did say it it's obscene and not befitting any leader of any political party in this country..

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I heard several news bulletins this afternoon.

I am not a forensic linguist, but the way Boris said "No" sounded exactly like the version I struggle to produce when denying the truth.

"Seems a bit strange to say such a thing as I had to make funeral arrangements in November when the covid deaths were much higher than now and was told that the crematoriums weren’t particularly busy.

We booked my Grandad's funeral in mid February and the crem was booked up and the funeral directors said they were extremely busy, much more so than a standard winter. This was in the Lake District."

yeah my grandad died on december 27th and we were not able to have his funeral until january 26th

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think some people are that awful.

Did the PM say it? No idea. I think Tories are flinging shit at each other.

"I think some people are that awful.

Did the PM say it? No idea. I think Tories are flinging shit at each other."

agreed

i find part of the conversation entirely pointless too - what is all this crap about investigation into a leak about the second lockdown in november - why are we even talking about it? like we don’t have more important things to be spending public money on than pretending to investigate a leak that they slready know tge source of because was put out on purpose because its exactly the strategy of govt engagement with the media since the beginning of covid

Bexley

"

...I am not a forensic linguist...

"

Perhaps that should be a 'forensic speech (or diction) analyst'.

Maybe we will be hearing from some soon, if the papers can locate any of them.

Manchester (she/her)

agreed

i find part of the conversation entirely pointless too - what is all this crap about investigation into a leak about the second lockdown in november - why are we even talking about it? like we don’t have more important things to be spending public money on than pretending to investigate a leak that they slready know tge source of because was put out on purpose because its exactly the strategy of govt engagement with the media since the beginning of covid "

This feels different, I think.

I mean yeah we should be looking at other things that have gone wrong not the Tories fighting with each other, but - I wonder if some mud might finally stick.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

agreed

i find part of the conversation entirely pointless too - what is all this crap about investigation into a leak about the second lockdown in november - why are we even talking about it? like we don’t have more important things to be spending public money on than pretending to investigate a leak that they slready know tge source of because was put out on purpose because its exactly the strategy of govt engagement with the media since the beginning of covid

I mean yeah we should be looking at other things that have gone wrong not the Tories fighting with each other, but - I wonder if some mud might finally stick."

No mud will stick, because already every single person in the country assumes, nay knows for a fact, that if the prime ministers mouth is moving, he us telling lies. Quite how the hell we have come to the position that the electorate will vote for a party precisely because it is led by somebody that is incapable of even knowing what truth is, I do not know. But that is where we are. The only remaining purpose of the UK government is to funnel public money into the hands of thieves, liars and ne'er-do-wells. And everybody not just knows that, they expect it. They celebrate it.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

agreed

I mean yeah we should be looking at other things that have gone wrong not the Tories fighting with each other, but - I wonder if some mud might finally stick."

We've all said/heard phrases like 'I'll die before I'll go back there again', but we all know it's not actually true. Perhaps he said something similar, like 'I'll need to see' rather than 'I would rather see'. Granted, it's still a hard thing to say, but I'm using it as an example...Don't flame me for it.

We all know Boris is full of confidence and blustre, so the context is also something that should be considered. Perhaps he was trying to give a Churchillian we shall fight them in the hillsides speach at the time to rally the troops into believing that no circumstance would lead him to another lockdown.

I don't know the answer, but then again, I don't know all of what was supposedly said and I refuse to condemn or commend someone for a semi half truth that might not quite be true.

When the 'Anonymous aide', 'Downing street source' or whatever they are called has a fact to back up the story, I will be all ears.

Manchester (she/her)

agreed

I mean yeah we should be looking at other things that have gone wrong not the Tories fighting with each other, but - I wonder if some mud might finally stick.

We've all said/heard phrases like 'I'll die before I'll go back there again', but we all know it's not actually true. Perhaps he said something similar, like 'I'll need to see' rather than 'I would rather see'. Granted, it's still a hard thing to say, but I'm using it as an example...Don't flame me for it.

We all know Boris is full of confidence and blustre, so the context is also something that should be considered. Perhaps he was trying to give a Churchillian we shall fight them in the hillsides speach at the time to rally the troops into believing that no circumstance would lead him to another lockdown.

I don't know the answer, but then again, I don't know all of what was supposedly said and I refuse to condemn or commend someone for a semi half truth that might not quite be true.

When the 'Anonymous aide', 'Downing street source' or whatever they are called has a fact to back up the story, I will be all ears. "

I don't know if he said it or someone is making it up.

I'm glad the media finally seem to be paying attention.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It seems to be the typical type of comment that he makes, so it fits him. He doesn't care, he's interested solely in himself and he's morally bankrupt, as a liar, cheat and unscrupulous charlatan. It would be better for him to be honest and to speak truthfully, rather than craft a thin facade.

As picked our earlier, he refers to bodies, not lost loved ones, or even people. Dead or alive, you are the equivalent of a carcass to him.

His autumn actions were those of someone who dodged decision making for too long, not wanting to lockdown. His Cummings guide portrays him clearly this way too. It's no surprise.

agreed

When the 'Anonymous aide', 'Downing street source' or whatever they are called has a fact to back up the story, I will be all ears.

I'm glad the media finally seem to be paying attention."

i don’t know if he said it, i wouldn’t defend him if he did , but i do know we have had 2 further lockdowns since it was apparently said

one of which we are now tentatively easing our way out of and we don’t really seem to have much in the way of government plans for what happens next in terms of stimulating our economy without increasing public health risk too much , hell we don’t even know what “the end of social restrictions” (be that june or later) actually means yet, and we still have border control issues - personally i think the media are paying attention to a smoke screen

oh look over here at my left hand some petty squabbling while at my right hand we have huge gaps in strategy for how we take the country through the next phase of covid

Stockport

agreed

i don’t know if he said it, i wouldn’t defend him if he did , but i do know we have had 2 further lockdowns since it was apparently said

one of which we are now tentatively easing our way out of and we don’t really seem to have much in the way of government plans for what happens next in terms of stimulating our economy without increasing public health risk too much , hell we don’t even know what “the end of social restrictions” (be that june or later) actually means yet, and we still have border control issues - personally i think the media are paying attention to a smoke screen

oh look over here at my left hand some petty squabbling while at my right hand we have huge gaps in strategy for how we take the country through the next phase of covid"

Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel."

All governments have gaps in strategy. no matter what party. Asquith (Liberal) had a gap in his strategy that led us to WW1. Chamberlain, and his conservative government, led us with his strategy into WW2, a coalition lead us out.

Tony Blair and the Labour party led us into the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

They all had strategy, they all failed.

Maybe they should have given up because an internet forum one day would say so?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I think he said it because he wanted a pint in a pub.

Looks like the wheels are coming off the wagon, again.

Who's his likely successor?

And here in lies the problem. People don’t know so they will choose the version that fits their political viewpoint. I could have told you what some of the commentators on here would presume. They didn’t disappoint me.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

We all say things we don't mean literally .This is just someone trying to make trouble if it was said at all.

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

"Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel.

All governments have gaps in strategy. no matter what party. Asquith (Liberal) had a gap in his strategy that led us to WW1. Chamberlain, and his conservative government, led us with his strategy into WW2, a coalition lead us out.

Tony Blair and the Labour party led us into the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe they should have given up because an internet forum one day would say so?"

What a great idea we could have a Fab Government to elect and have an opposition, back benchers and a media outlet that is given a big wooden spoon to stir it all up together with lots of anonymous saucies in the wings if it gets stale.

agreed

When the 'Anonymous aide', 'Downing street source' or whatever they are called has a fact to back up the story, I will be all ears. "

Cummins gives his version of events re barnham castle = he’s a liar

Cummins gives his version of events re lockdown = he’s to be believed.

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

"We all say things we don't mean literally .This is just someone trying to make trouble if it was said at all. "
maybe it's our age, and life experiences, but I'm pretty much thinking the same as you. Very often an 'off the cuff' comment can be misconstrued because it's reported in 'black and white', and not taken in the entirety of the way or context it's said.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Another Irrelevance thats unnecessary taking resources away from more important stuff.

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"apparently the prime ministers words

what do you think?

do you think he said that he'd rather have bodies piling up than have another lockdown.?

im not sure but I do find the imagery interesting as I think the invisibility of the virus has been the biggest problem

d"

No idea if Boris did say it but it's definitely something I can easily imagine him saying it.

Do I care? No not really but I do wonder why these 3 No10 people have decided to wait 6 months or more to come out about it

From the outset, Boris Johnson has proven to be ,at best a sneaky ,self centered person.He's behaviour in his personal life,his behaviour within the Conservative Party, he's determination to be Prime Minister at all costs.This man would destroy anything in his way,to be seen,in his eyes,as one of the greatest Prime Minister of all times

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

what do you think?

d

No idea if Boris did say it but it's definitely something I can easily imagine him saying it.

Do I care? No not really but I do wonder why these 3 No10 people have decided to wait 6 months or more to come out about it"

Its nuts... they use any excuse and chance to nit pick and squabble amongst themselves, then all the other parties jump on the bandwagon and he said she said theatre news take certain portions of it on board and run crazy with it

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"It sounds like something he would say, slightly odd and dramatic.."
This

North West

"We all say things we don't mean literally .This is just someone trying to make trouble if it was said at all. maybe it's our age, and life experiences, but I'm pretty much thinking the same as you. Very often an 'off the cuff' comment can be misconstrued because it's reported in 'black and white', and not taken in the entirety of the way or context it's said.

"

When you're the Prime Minister, you have to expect your every word to be recorded and quoted. You have to think before making off the cuff comments!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

Boris would be an idiot to go against Cummings he will all sorts of shit on him. He should just apologise and give him his job back

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"It seems to be the typical type of comment that he makes, so it fits him. He doesn't care, he's interested solely in himself and he's morally bankrupt, as a liar, cheat and unscrupulous charlatan. It would be better for him to be honest and to speak truthfully, rather than craft a thin facade.

As picked our earlier, he refers to bodies, not lost loved ones, or even people. Dead or alive, you are the equivalent of a carcass to him.

His autumn actions were those of someone who dodged decision making for too long, not wanting to lockdown. His Cummings guide portrays him clearly this way too. It's no surprise. "

Now, I'm not an actual fan of Boris but who can you possibly suggest as a viable alternative? Someone loving and competent

Farnworth

"Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel.

Maybe they should have given up because an internet forum one day would say so?"

Brilliant

Farnworth

Maybe they should have given up because an internet forum one day would say so?

What a great idea we could have a Fab Government to elect and have an opposition, back benchers and a media outlet that is given a big wooden spoon to stir it all up together with lots of anonymous saucies in the wings if it gets stale. "

And of course, get banned from the benches if you dare to disagree

By *r TenderMan  over a year ago

wallasey

"Seems a bit strange to say such a thing as I had to make funeral arrangements in November when the covid deaths were much higher than now and was told that the crematoriums weren’t particularly busy.

We booked my Grandad's funeral in mid February and the crem was booked up and the funeral directors said they were extremely busy, much more so than a standard winter. This was in the Lake District."

Was a months wait here on the Wirral in January, It’s hard enough in ( old normal times ) of about 7 to 10 days waiting to grieve so the month was obviously harder in the grieving process, Love to all who’s in the same boat

"We all say things we don't mean literally .This is just someone trying to make trouble if it was said at all. maybe it's our age, and life experiences, but I'm pretty much thinking the same as you. Very often an 'off the cuff' comment can be misconstrued because it's reported in 'black and white', and not taken in the entirety of the way or context it's said.

"

By *ark TemptationsMan  over a year ago

North East,

absolutely

Out PM is a disgrace, out of his depth, corrupt and should be removed, along with most of his cabinet

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

In India, bodies ARE piling up in the streets, so who has handled this better than others?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Boris would be an idiot to go against Cummings he will all sorts of shit on him. He should just apologise and give him his job back "

This is what puzzles me, he is pretty much in his position as Cummings has been the kingmaker..

Cummings is the brains behind a referendum based on lies, the disruption to Mays brexit and the coup to oust her, the Tory election win and the red wall collapse plus 'getting brexit done' even with its now obvious flaws and issues..

He is a clever bloke but he's also meant to be analytical in details and Boris must have known there would be a reaction..

Why go after him now?

Maybe to get him and his backers out on the field of play and defeat them before the next election?

But that suggests strategies and Cummings was his strategist..

Why prod a scorpion?

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

agreed

oh look over here at my left hand some petty squabbling while at my right hand we have huge gaps in strategy for how we take the country through the next phase of covid

Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel."

just a wild ass guess but I think you'll be voting Red in the upcoming elections

By *arry monk40Man  over a year ago

Telford

If he said it or not makes no difference because your talking about it that's how politics works the seed is sown the truth does not matter because to find out you listen to more media which perpetuates the story as long as your interested

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

A friend worked at No10 for years she overheard thinks said by John Major through to Gordon Brown.. Many comments are made whilst trying to get further information out of others who don't realize that any PM is sat juggling the after of UK and trying to justify their pay at the time was no more than 130k whilst the real fat cats in NHS were happy taking a Chief Exec role at 289k! That particular CE is still in post is still a self proclaimed Socialist.. Yeah right.. All of usknow, that if we are objective, politicians of all persuasions have many corrupt minds. I can't see how anyone could have foreseen a Pandemic with such speedy transmission.. I have personal thoughts on that mainly due to personal experience working for Un and Others such MSF in previous high prevalence outbreaks... The one thing I would offer is so many critics of Chris Witty base their outrage on a few Google searches.. Last week's social injusiltice champions are now this week's Virus Experts... Didn't see them in Africa when Chris Witty developed the strategy that stopped Ebola in its tracks...

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

agreed

In what context would 'I'd rather have bodies being piled onto street'be remotely acceptable?

liverpool

"In India, bodies ARE piling up in the streets, so who has handled this better than others?"

Are we back to comparing ourselves with other countries again now?

Manchester (she/her)

"And here in lies the problem. People don’t know so they will choose the version that fits their political viewpoint. I could have told you what some of the commentators on here would presume. They didn’t disappoint me."

I'm a flaming lefty and I've said I don't know if he said it, it could have been made up. So there's that.

Manchester (she/her)

"In India, bodies ARE piling up in the streets, so who has handled this better than others?

Are we back to comparing ourselves with other countries again now?"

Australia is an island. The kangaroos kept the Covid away

More to the point the crem has to allow more time then normal for cleaning thats whatthe delay will be I for one have not noticed many more bodies st hospital the other bad winters

liverpool

"In India, bodies ARE piling up in the streets, so who has handled this better than others?

Are we back to comparing ourselves with other countries again now?

Australia is an island. The kangaroos kept the Covid away "

I just cant keep up.

When Italy was going through the roof it was common practice.

When our death toll spiralled we were told it was impractical to compare ourselves with other countries.

However we are now back to comparing ourselves with India.

Its almost like there is some theme here.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

"And here in lies the problem. People don’t know so they will choose the version that fits their political viewpoint. I could have told you what some of the commentators on here would presume. They didn’t disappoint me.

I'm a flaming lefty and I've said I don't know if he said it, it could have been made up. So there's that."

I’m not a lefty but I bet he said it, he says stuff like that regularly then lies and cheats and waffles all the time , he’s a total disgrace and incompetent. The only reason he’s PM is that on the whole we have a thick , selfish, racist electorate who like him.

liverpool

"And here in lies the problem. People don’t know so they will choose the version that fits their political viewpoint. I could have told you what some of the commentators on here would presume. They didn’t disappoint me.

I'm a flaming lefty and I've said I don't know if he said it, it could have been made up. So there's that.

I’m not a lefty but I bet he said it, he says stuff like that regularly then lies and cheats and waffles all the time , he’s a total disgrace and incompetent. The only reason he’s PM is that on the whole we have a thick , selfish, racist electorate who like him. "

He has form

Operation last gasp.

I'm a flaming lefty and I've said I don't know if he said it, it could have been made up. So there's that."

and i’m not a lefty and said i think we are wasting discussion on he said she said rather than real failings in policy

its hard not to have politics come into a discussion about the prime minister but its also overly easy to assume everyone will default to their own corners

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Everytime I've seen someone say about 'when the bodies are piling up on the streets' just makes me wonder how much of a grasp on reality they actually have??"
If this was said and a big if,what is the context of this?

Actions speak louder than words and the governments performance on vaccine and role out has been fantastic that is the facts.

Maybe he was replying to something and said something like"I do not want bodies piling up the street"

All this is anti Boris conspiracy and is a form of nazi/facists propaganda from within in olden days they would have just assasinated poor Boris.

These people are in my view EU remoaners and hate Boris's success against covid.

the Mail should be shut down they are the biggest two faced bastards in the press along wit the BBC not far behind.

By *errible_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I work very closely with a number of funeral homes, we have been busy with funerals but all the funeral directors have said at the beginning it was all covid now they are pulled out with ppl who haven't haven't got the care they should have got because its all about covid and nothing else, I deal with around 10 to 15 funeral homes on a weekly basis and most have said the same some big companies and some independent, current waiting time for funerals is 3 weeks but that's about normal for our area, but the next town is around 10days

Manchester (she/her)

and i’m not a lefty and said i think we are wasting discussion on he said she said rather than real failings in policy

its hard not to have politics come into a discussion about the prime minister but its also overly easy to assume everyone will default to their own corners "

Yes. I'm not in any way a fan, but I'm totally agnostic on this particular statement.

I'd rather have discussion on other failings, but I'm hoping this might be the thin edge of the wedge. (If I thought they were doing a good job I'd say so)

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's important that ministers or indeed any meetings can be held and people are trusted with confidential information. That's why leaks are damaging.

As for what may or not have been said in this instance. Context is important.

Any government or leadership team needs to have trust to operate.

If they can't trust eachother, then why should we be expected to trust them.

liverpool

I'm genuinly curious in what context 'I'd rather see bodies piled high 'is in anyway acceptable?

3 people have now confirmed he said it so it's their word against a man who lies that much ,he literally needs to be fact checked.

Even his paymasters at the mail and express have had enough of his hapless bufoonery.

Although I'm not sure how callous remarks like that actually correlate to his clown like image is anyones guess.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's important that ministers or indeed any meetings can be held and people are trusted with confidential information. That's why leaks are damaging.

If they can't trust eachother, then why should we be expected to trust them. "

Agreed.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I'm sure its a lot more noticeable in a country without such an Efficient health service "

Like India?

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm genuinly curious in what context 'I'd rather see bodies piled high 'is in anyway acceptable?

3 people have now confirmed he said it so it's their word against a man who lies that much ,he literally needs to be fact checked.

Even his paymasters at the mail and express have had enough of his hapless bufoonery.

Although I'm not sure how callous remarks like that actually correlate to his clown like image is anyones guess."

I can see a situation where the non Boris faction made it up to oust him.

Either way it's like - children stop fighting, you're supposed to be running the fucking country.

By *ticky 69Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Sounds exactly like the sort of thing Boris would say. And he's denied it, which is exactly what you'd expect him to do.

Tin town

"I'm genuinly curious in what context 'I'd rather see bodies piled high 'is in anyway acceptable?

Although I'm not sure how callous remarks like that actually correlate to his clown like image is anyones guess.

Either way it's like - children stop fighting, you're supposed to be running the fucking country."

I tend to agree. The fact people are going to the trouble to create a story about this says more about the consumer than the guy who may have said it. There are much bigger issues at play at the moment that we should be focussing on. Was it a private conversation.? Was it recorded in cabinet minutes? Was it relevant to govt strategy / decision making ? If so how? If not..and you want to go after him... Do it on his many strategy failings and tolerating dodgy covid contracts... Not some he said / she said clumsy wording shenanigans.

There are plenty on here who have said exactly the same thing about lock down strategy ie no lockdown let's get back to normal.. ... So you can't have it both ways.

sad thing is theres no real opposition party to challenge sir dribble pant keir starmer is just as useless if not worse

did he say it ?? i domt know it seem they all want to stab each other in the back at the moment anyway

Manchester (she/her)

Either way it's like - children stop fighting, you're supposed to be running the fucking country.

I tend to agree. The fact people are going to the trouble to create a story about this says more about the consumer than the guy who may have said it. There are much bigger issues at play at the moment that we should be focussing on. Was it a private conversation.? Was it recorded in cabinet minutes? Was it relevant to govt strategy / decision making ? If so how? If not..and you want to go after him... Do it on his many strategy failings and tolerating dodgy covid contracts... Not some he said / she said clumsy wording shenanigans.

There are plenty on here who have said exactly the same thing about lock down strategy ie no lockdown let's get back to normal.. ... So you can't have it both ways. "

I think if the PM said it, it is bloody appalling. But no more appalling than so much else that's happened.

But I don't know if he said it, and I don't particularly care.

I want them called to account for so much, or at least to not fuck this last push up. Let's all do our bit to end this crisis, first here, then abroad.

Tin town

Thing is... As someone says above... What's happened to our politics? Her Majesties opposition, the second House, the quality press... To hold HMG to account? I don't know enough about it, but it looks like a chimps tea party at the moment and we need better. (not going to say we deserve better).

liverpool

There are plenty on here who have said exactly the same thing about lock down strategy ie no lockdown let's get back to normal.. ... So you can't have it both ways.

I think if the PM said it, it is bloody appalling. But no more appalling than so much else that's happened.

I want them called to account for so much, or at least to not fuck this last push up. Let's all do our bit to end this crisis, first here, then abroad."

They have said they dont have the time to start the investigation into how badly they have handled the crises, but they have the time to launch an investigation into who the grass is.

Great bunch of lads.

Manchester (she/her)

"Thing is... As someone says above... What's happened to our politics? Her Majesties opposition, the second House, the quality press... To hold HMG to account? I don't know enough about it, but it looks like a chimps tea party at the moment and we need better. (not going to say we deserve better). "

100% agreed

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Wow just talking shit we all been there saying something we do not mean there no way it would be allowed in UK just chill

"It's important that ministers or indeed any meetings can be held and people are trusted with confidential information. That's why leaks are damaging.

If they can't trust eachother, then why should we be expected to trust them. "

i think genuine leaks might be a damaging sign of lack of trust sure, but “leak to the press a few days before to gauge opinion and soften the blow” what the next lockdown steps would be was the comms strategy last year, its not really a leak if you planned and organised for it to happen

liverpool

"Wow just talking shit we all been there saying something we do not mean there no way it would be allowed in UK just chill"

Come again?

I want them called to account for so much, or at least to not fuck this last push up. Let's all do our bit to end this crisis, first here, then abroad."

Scunthorpe

To be honest, the whole concept that bodies will be piling up is ridiculous. People will obviously choose a clear space of their own to die in...

Farnworth

"Out PM is a disgrace, out of his depth, corrupt and should be removed, along with most of his cabinet "

And replace with?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It was a figure of speech

Chelmsford

agreed

No mud will stick, because already every single person in the country assumes, nay knows for a fact, that if the prime ministers mouth is moving, he us telling lies. Quite how the hell we have come to the position that the electorate will vote for a party precisely because it is led by somebody that is incapable of even knowing what truth is, I do not know. But that is where we are. The only remaining purpose of the UK government is to funnel public money into the hands of thieves, liars and ne'er-do-wells. And everybody not just knows that, they expect it. They celebrate it."

Gets my vote..

Chelmsford

agreed

In what context would 'I'd rather have bodies being piled onto street'be remotely acceptable?"

It was just a figure of speech...

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Thank heavens they saved us with a lockdown!!

Chelmsford

If they can't trust eachother, then why should we be expected to trust them.

Agreed."

I trust 200% over those Buffoons in opposition

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

what do you think?

d"

I think he wants shooting frankly.. The man continues to rub the noses of the population in his soiled nappies all the time..

The worst thing is everyone sees him as a a bit of a card and a joker.. But don't seem to realise he is the one laughing himself silly and obviously doing it on the way to the bank..

Can't abide the man..

Chelmsford

And if you detest this country so much then there is always....Os

stafford

I want them called to account for so much, or at least to not fuck this last push up. Let's all do our bit to end this crisis, first here, then abroad.

And if you detest this country so much then there is always....Os"

Ordnance survey? As in maps?

Chelmsford

Ordnance survey? As in maps? "

No Os as in Ostralia

Manchester (she/her)

And if you detest this country so much then there is always....Os"

Are you telling me to go back where I came from?

You are cute.

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"

No Os as in Ostralia "

LOL, oh dear me

stafford

No Os as in Ostralia "

Priceless!

Farnworth

what do you think?

d

I think he wants shooting frankly.. The man continues to rub the noses of the population in his soiled nappies all the time..

The worst thing is everyone sees him as a a bit of a card and a joker.. But don't seem to realise he is the one laughing himself silly and obviously doing it on the way to the bank..

Can't abide the man.. "

I don't think he has a good word for you either but that's another story. Hahaha

"Out PM is a disgrace, out of his depth, corrupt and should be removed, along with most of his cabinet

And replace with? "

Stockport

agreed

Gaps in strategy would imply that they had some strategy to have gaps in. There is not one single competent person in this government - the sole criteria to be allowed onto the team is to be worse than blowjo. A buffoon leading the venal, the dim, and the just plain cruel.just a wild ass guess but I think you'll be voting Red in the upcoming elections "

I don't support any particular political party, i think that in my lifetime i have on different occasions cast my vote in most possible directions. Each time i look for some level of integrity (yeah, fat chance) and policies that might be good for the country and the people.

The last several conservative PMs have varied between self centred, cruel, incompetent and criminal. Blair was a war criminal, i have always been of the opinion that people like Dr Kelly were murdered by the security forces. Clegg managed to finish off the Liberal party. Possibly the best PM that never was is John Smith, whose sudden death cleared the way for the take over by Blair. Corbyn was so painfully honest that he wouldn't defend himself against the media onslaught (on the basis that even answering the "just when did you stop beating your wife" type questions gives them credence, but unable to understand that not answering them is just as bad). Starmer gives a good performance as a lawyer, but has a policy vacuum.

If he was in my area, Count Binface might be in with a shot to get my cross on the voting slip. He seems more honest than the rest, and his policies are not at all bad...

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

what do you think?

d

Can't abide the man.. "

Oh the irony, you openly want to shoot the person who it is claimed said something that on the face of it is appalling, I'm sure you didnt actually mean what you said anymore than boris meant or even said what has been claimed.

Dont judge unless you want to be judged

Bexley

"...

Can't abide the man..

Oh the irony, you openly want to shoot the person who it is claimed said something that on the face of it is appalling, I'm sure you didnt actually mean what you said anymore than boris meant or even said what has been claimed.

"

Surely the previous poster was using hyperbole by suggesting that Boris needs shooting?

I believe that it was very likely that Boris said it but not as a policy statement.

The issue I have with Boris is that if he did say it, why is he not man enough to admit that it was a figure of speech uttered in sheer frustration over the choices facing him, rather than apparently struggling to say 'No' convincingly.

My English teacher used to say "Boy, I'm going to knock your head clean off your shoulders". Very unlikely that he meant it and I'm sure that if quizzed about it if a parent had complained (which they wouldn't have done back then), he would not have denied saying it.

We need to ask why Boris is denying it, unless he is totally innocent. Hmm...

liverpool

"...

Can't abide the man..

Surely the previous poster was using hyperbole by suggesting that Boris needs shooting?

I believe that it was very likely that Boris said it but not as a policy statement.

The issue I have with Boris is that if he did say it, why is he not man enough to admit that it was a figure of speech uttered in sheer frustration over the choices facing him, rather than apparently struggling to say 'No' convincingly.

My English teacher used to say "Boy, I'm going to knock your head clean off your shoulders". Very unlikely that he meant it and I'm sure that if quizzed about it if a parent had complained (which they wouldn't have done back then), he would not have denied saying it.

We need to ask why Boris is denying it, unless he is totally innocent. Hmm..."

He has denied it in parliament now

Manchester (she/her)

what do you think?

d

Can't abide the man..

"

So we should not hold the people who lead our country to standards?

Farnworth

what do you think?

d

Can't abide the man..

So we should not hold the people who lead our country to standards?"

Absolutely but the previous poster was absolutely correct

Yes, it may well be that mistakes have been made but the only ones who can critise are Mr Hindsight and the cohorts

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"...

Can't abide the man..

We need to ask why Boris is denying it, unless he is totally innocent. Hmm..."

Because the media would twist anything he says about it corbyn was much the same,he very rarely made any comment as it only encourages the idiots in the media

By *ushtakerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Everytime I've seen someone say about 'when the bodies are piling up on the streets' just makes me wonder how much of a grasp on reality they actually have??If this was said and a big if,what is the context of this?

Actions speak louder than words and the governments performance on vaccine and role out has been fantastic that is the facts.

Maybe he was replying to something and said something like"I do not want bodies piling up the street"

All this is anti Boris conspiracy and is a form of nazi/facists propaganda from within in olden days they would have just assasinated poor Boris.

These people are in my view EU remoaners and hate Boris's success against covid.

the Mail should be shut down they are the biggest two faced bastards in the press along wit the BBC not far behind.

"

Well said

Preston

"I work very closely with a number of funeral homes, we have been busy with funerals but all the funeral directors have said at the beginning it was all covid now they are pulled out with ppl who haven't haven't got the care they should have got because its all about covid and nothing else, I deal with around 10 to 15 funeral homes on a weekly basis and most have said the same some big companies and some independent, current waiting time for funerals is 3 weeks but that's about normal for our area, but the next town is around 10days "

My mother lived in covenrty

They have 2 crems as it’s a big city

She died before covid we had to wait 5 weeks to cremate her as 1 cream was closed for repairs

So 3 weeks during a pandemic is pretty good in my opinion

Preston

"...

Can't abide the man..

He has denied it in parliament now"

If it was said it clearly wasn’t meant literally

But can you imagine the fall out if he stood up in parliament and said yes I said it but didn’t mean it literally

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

If you believe this shit you’ll believe anything.

Central

"...

Can't abide the man..

Because the media would twist anything he says about it corbyn was much the same,he very rarely made any comment as it only encourages the idiots in the media "

The media were fully against Corbyn, from the moment he took the job. It's different for Johnson, as he's a posterboy for them.

Central

"If you believe this shit you’ll believe anything. "

Johnson has form for serious errors, so it's not particularly unlikely. The opposite to your proposition is much more likely -

Don't believe this shit, you'll believe anything.

liverpool

"If you believe this shit you’ll believe anything. "

What are you basing that on exactly?

liverpool

"...

Can't abide the man..

But can you imagine the fall out if he stood up in parliament and said yes I said it but didn’t mean it literally "

So it's a figure of speech?

liverpool

what do you think?

d

Can't abide the man..

So we should not hold the people who lead our country to standards?

Absolutely but the previous poster was absolutely correct

Yes, it may well be that mistakes have been made but the only ones who can critise are Mr Hindsight and the cohorts "

When I make a comment along the lines of seeing bodies piled high.. feel free to.judge me.

Preston

So Johnson

Took the job on, Brexit

All of a sudden Armageddon !

Plague

Can you imagine a first year in a job when everything goes upside down?

Ever been in that position?

To be fair I think he’s done ok

Preston

"...

Can't abide the man..

But can you imagine the fall out if he stood up in parliament and said yes I said it but didn’t mean it literally

So it's a figure of speech?"

Exactly

“ if that happens I’ll eat my hat “

Nobody’s ever eaten their hat

Maybe Gary liniker but that’s it

By *irkby coupleCouple  over a year ago

Kirkby

Don’t believe everything you read in the media. It their job to make news and stories are often twisted to make a good headline.

Not long a local rag headline said “boy stabbed on bouncy castle” truth was the boy was stabbed while trying to hide behind a bouncy castle. “boy stabbed while hiding behind bouncy castle” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

liverpool

"...

Can't abide the man..

So it's a figure of speech?

Exactly

“ if that happens I’ll eat my hat “

Nobody’s ever eaten their hat

Maybe Gary liniker but that’s it"

You have a point tbf..quite often i hear the phrase..I'd rather see the dead piled up..its quite commonplace.

liverpool

"Don’t believe everything you read in the media. It their job to make news and stories are often twisted to make a good headline.

Not long a local rag headline said “boy stabbed on bouncy castle” truth was the boy was stabbed while trying to hide behind a bouncy castle. “boy stabbed while hiding behind bouncy castle” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it."

3 people have confirmed it was said and are prepared to go on record.

Preston

"Don’t believe everything you read in the media. It their job to make news and stories are often twisted to make a good headline.

Not long a local rag headline said “boy stabbed on bouncy castle” truth was the boy was stabbed while trying to hide behind a bouncy castle. “boy stabbed while hiding behind bouncy castle” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

3 people have confirmed it was said and are prepared to go on record."

I’ve said many times I kill you if you do that

I’m still not a murder

Preston

3 people have confirmed it was said and are prepared to go on record."

I’m not saying it wasn’t said

Buuut

It wasn’t meant literally

liverpool

Buuut

It wasn’t meant literally "

Does it matter if it was said literally?

Over 120,000 have died and the pm is allegedly saying he would rather 'see the dead piled up than have another lockdown '

If I had lost someone,I wouldnt be too impressed.

Chelmsford

Buuut

Over 120,000 have died and the pm is allegedly saying he would rather 'see the dead piled up than have another lockdown '

If I had lost someone,I wouldnt be too impressed."

Lionel. I like you but I prefer it when you are Manning the barricades..

Preston

Buuut

I think it does mater yes

120,000 dead but how many we’re going to die anyway from something else in stead of dying of covid they died with covid

My dad had prostate cancer he died with it while dying of old age body shutting down could list it as cancer but really it was natural causes

liverpool

Buuut

Lionel. I like you but I prefer it when you are Manning the barricades..

"

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

Buuut

Most of em 80 plus, where do we sign up for that??

liverpool

Buuut

120,000 dead but how many we’re going to die anyway from something else in stead of dying of covid they died with covid

My dad had prostate cancer he died with it while dying of old age body shutting down could list it as cancer but really it was natural causes "

They were going to die anyway?

Cant really argue with that.

Preston

Buuut

Most of em 80 plus, where do we sign up for that?? "

I don’t understand what you mean?

liverpool

Buuut

Most of em 80 plus, where do we sign up for that?? "

Right...

Preston

Buuut

My dad had prostate cancer he died with it while dying of old age body shutting down could list it as cancer but really it was natural causes

Exactly

Cant really argue with that."

Preston

Buuut

Cant really argue with that."

Fact of life

Looe

Buuut

I don’t understand what you mean?"

Not that difficult, if someone offered me 80 now I'm on it

Unfortunately we all die

Preston

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die"

Yes I’m 56

Just recently cremated a friend who was 52

My parents lived to be 93 dad 90 mum

Didn’t look much fun to be honest

Auntie 105 lived actively to the end

Luck of the draw

Fortunately all died before covid missed it by 6months

If they caught covid would have been listed as death by covid but their time was up for other reasons anyway

Sounds harsh maybe but true

To be honest I glad they passed away before covid came

The fear of catching it ect

Looe

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

If they caught covid would have been listed as death by covid but their time was up for other reasons anyway

The fear of catching it ect "

Well said

Preston

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

Well said"

Seems Lionel gone to bed

Looe

56 too

Shit happens, Christ I wish people would get out from their settees

Preston

"56 too

Shit happens, Christ I wish people would get out from their settees"

I know

I work loads morgage to clear by 60

I’m on fab guys though as y not 45 lol

Gotta give life a go

Y not !

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

The fear of catching it ect "

They would only been listed under the covid deaths if they caught it and died within 28 days. If they had actually caught covid surely they wouldn't have had much fear of catching it, more the fear of dying from it.

Preston

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

They would only been listed under the covid deaths if they caught it and died within 28 days. If they had actually caught covid surely they wouldn't have had much fear of catching it, more the fear of dying from it."

Nonsense I serve customers of mine who are still isolated dare not leave the house for fear of catching covid

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

They would only been listed under the covid deaths if they caught it and died within 28 days. If they had actually caught covid surely they wouldn't have had much fear of catching it, more the fear of dying from it.

Nonsense I serve customers of mine who are still isolated dare not leave the house for fear of catching covid "

If they are not vaccinated or unable to be vaccinated and are in at risk group why not. For example if you are over 80 and not vaccinated you have a 1 in 3 chance of dying from covid if you catch it.

Preston

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

Nonsense I serve customers of mine who are still isolated dare not leave the house for fear of catching covid

If they are not vaccinated or unable to be vaccinated and are in at risk group why not. For example if you are over 80 and not vaccinated you have a 1 in 3 chance of dying from covid if you catch it. "

So before vaccines my parents if alive would be thinking I Darby go out incase I catch the plague

My brother is 76 he thinks like that now

Had 1 jab but is very cautious about being out and about because if he catches it he’ll probably die

Reality

Tin town

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

They would only been listed under the covid deaths if they caught it and died within 28 days. If they had actually caught covid surely they wouldn't have had much fear of catching it, more the fear of dying from it."

Have you seen someone die from being unable to breathe for 3 weeks? Having their life tortured out of them? Gasping, body twitching for every tiny bit of oxygen.? My mum got it and was terrified. Rightly so. I've never seen the look of fear like that in her eyes. She died a slow horrible painful death. It's not about numbers. It's how they die. Some people really need to think a bit before typing.

North West

"

Have you seen someone die from being unable to breathe for 3 weeks? Having their life tortured out of them? Gasping, body twitching for every tiny bit of oxygen.? My mum got it and was terrified. Rightly so. I've never seen the look of fear like that in her eyes. She died a slow horrible painful death. It's not about numbers. It's how they die. Some people really need to think a bit before typing. "

It's obvious that they haven't seen it, as we have. I'm sure that's exactly how they'd like to go, by being slowly suffocated

Preston

Buuut

Unfortunately we all die

Yes I’m 56

Luck of the draw

Have you seen someone die from being unable to breathe for 3 weeks? Having their life tortured out of them? Gasping, body twitching for every tiny bit of oxygen.? My mum got it and was terrified. Rightly so. I've never seen the look of fear like that in her eyes. She died a slow horrible painful death. It's not about numbers. It's how they die. Some people really need to think a bit before typing. "

I’m sorry about your mum

Chelmsford

Back on track. How pathetic it is to have a smear campaign for using a figure of speech .

Had Priti Patel said,"Heads will Roll" does anyone seriously think she wants to bring back the guillotine..

Get off your high horses people and get some clarity of thinking instead of pathetic muckraking and mudslinging...

Manchester (she/her)

"Back on track. How pathetic it is to have a smear campaign for using a figure of speech .

Had Priti Patel said,"Heads will Roll" does anyone seriously think she wants to bring back the guillotine..

Get off your high horses people and get some clarity of thinking instead of pathetic muckraking and mudslinging..."

Goodness.

Are we not allowed to discuss the conduct of our politicians, now?

By *heCheekyDevilMan  over a year ago

Durham

the usual distraction , such as his curtains & wall paper.

Turn off the TV, when the fear mongering goes, you start to think straight.

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

"If you believe this shit you’ll believe anything.

Johnson has form for serious errors, so it's not particularly unlikely. The opposite to your proposition is much more likely -

Don't believe this shit, you'll believe anything. "

That fact you called him Johnson proves you are left wing and will believe anything the press or wallpaper party spew out.

What happened to great statesmen in politics. Now it’s full of screaming Mary Ann’s

Manchester (she/her)

That fact you called him Johnson proves you are left wing and will believe anything the press or wallpaper party spew out.

What happened to great statesmen in politics. Now it’s full of screaming Mary Ann’s "

Imagine. The outrage. Following the convention on how politicians are named. Thatcher Cameron Brown Blair Biden Trump Clinton Merkel Arden Morrison...

So very lefty. Icky

liverpool

What happened to great statesmen in politics. Now it’s full of screaming Mary Ann’s "

If you call him a blundering lying buffoon where does that put you on the political spectrum?

Manchester (she/her)

What happened to great statesmen in politics. Now it’s full of screaming Mary Ann’s

If you call him a blundering lying buffoon where does that put you on the political spectrum?"

Stalin? Is that you?

liverpool

If you call him a blundering lying buffoon where does that put you on the political spectrum?

Stalin? Is that you? "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Cummins gives his version of events re barnham castle = he’s a liar

Cummins gives his version of events re lockdown = he’s to be believed."

Turn it the other way round now

Cummins gives his version of events re barnham castle = Tory MP's back what he says

Cummins gives his version of events re lockdown = Tory MP's call him a liar

Cummins gives his version of events re barnham castle = Tory MP's back what he says

"

this is what my brain cant add up - if he is so disloyal why did everyone back him last time

if he was so vital to the govt and powerful pulling all the background strings like everyone claimed last year why did he just walk away and why did the govt let him

and why release all these leaks now - what does he gain? where does it take his career if it looks like he cant be trusted

nothing about the man makes sense to me at all which i guess means there is probably much more to it all that we are not hearing about

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Buuut

It wasn’t meant literally "

How do you know that?

liverpool

this is what my brain cant add up - if he is so disloyal why did everyone back him last time

if he was so vital to the govt and powerful pulling all the background strings like everyone claimed last year why did he just walk away and why did the govt let him

and why release all these leaks now - what does he gain? where does it take his career if it looks like he cant be trusted

nothing about the man makes sense to me at all which i guess means there is probably much more to it all that we are not hearing about "

He obviously has a lot of dirt on them which is why they bent over backwards for him.

As for the 2nd point a spot of revenge and he is apparently close to gove who wants the top job himself.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Back on track. How pathetic it is to have a smear campaign for using a figure of speech .

"

Errr yeah if it was her saying it

liverpool

Buuut

How do you know that?"

Even if it wasnt meant literally,and I dont see how that makes any difference,its a horrific thing to say considering we have a death toll of over 120,000.

And its also getting lost in a debate about soft furnishings,which seemed to annoy him more.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't obviously know if he said it but sadly after some of his other comments over the years it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true and I think that is the awful part...thinking that he could have said it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Buuut

How do you know that?

Even if it wasnt meant literally,and I dont see how that makes any difference,its a horrific thing to say considering we have a death toll of over 120,000.

And its also getting lost in a debate about soft furnishings,which seemed to annoy him more."

The mask certainly slipped at that point, he didn't look like the fun cuddly Boris that he tries to portray at that point ...but I do think that was just the icing on the cake after the grilling he was getting and it all came boiling over. I feared for his blood pressure

liverpool

"I don't obviously know if he said it but sadly after some of his other comments over the years it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true and I think that is the awful part...thinking that he could have said it."

If someone comes out and confirms it he is toast.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest after his operation last gasp comments and he is on record as being totally opposed to lockdown.

liverpool

Buuut

How do you know that?

And its also getting lost in a debate about soft furnishings,which seemed to annoy him more.

The mask certainly slipped at that point, he didn't look like the fun cuddly Boris that he tries to portray at that point ...but I do think that was just the icing on the cake after the grilling he was getting and it all came boiling over. I feared for his blood pressure

"

Yep that bumbling buffoon facade certainly was lost for a few minutes.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't obviously know if he said it but sadly after some of his other comments over the years it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true and I think that is the awful part...thinking that he could have said it.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest after his operation last gasp comments and he is on record as being totally opposed to lockdown."

To be fair, I think most people don't want lockdowns and he had to balance the economy to go with it so it would always be a difficult decision for any PM

It is just the callousness of the likes of that comment to go with the last gasp comment that is unsavoury and must really upset the families of the people who died as it sounds like ( if he said it ) like he didn't give a toss about them

Scunthorpe

"I don't obviously know if he said it but sadly after some of his other comments over the years it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true and I think that is the awful part...thinking that he could have said it.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest after his operation last gasp comments and he is on record as being totally opposed to lockdown.

To be fair, I think most people don't want lockdowns and he had to balance the economy to go with it so it would always be a difficult decision for any PM

It is just the callousness of the likes of that comment to go with the last gasp comment that is unsavoury and must really upset the families of the people who died as it sounds like ( if he said it ) like he didn't give a toss about them"

He regularly makes comments that suggest that he doesn't give a toss about "the masses"

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest after his operation last gasp comments and he is on record as being totally opposed to lockdown."

It’s been confirmed by at least two people. His days are numbered, he was supposed to be the fall guy for Brexit, covid has extended how long the tory party have endured his presence. This and the cash for curtains episode will see him removed.

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

who really cares, if you can't have a rant now and then and say something a bit off, then there are a lot of people need to resign. including most of the people on here.

liverpool

"who really cares, if you can't have a rant now and then and say something a bit off, then there are a lot of people need to resign. including most of the people on here."

Yeah spot on..what's the world come too when the prime minister cant see he would gladly see the dead piled up high instead of getting his own way?

By *oey56Man  over a year ago

liverpool

It amused me when annually there are thousands of flu deaths in the UK. Some how the flu virus has been frightened off by covid. And I think that we know decease don't work that way. There should be the same amount of flu deaths that we see every year

But somehow there's been a flat line of deaths caused by the flu. It's also strange that mainstream media hasn't picked up on this snippet too ! ??

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

They have - the reason flu has been all but eradicated this year is because the measures put in place to try to halt covid have had the fortunate consequence of crushing flu transmission. This is coupled with an earlier programme of flu vaccines, and a much higher take up of flu vaccines amongst adults than usual, also due to covid.

It’s not a mystery.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"It amused me when annually there are thousands of flu deaths in the UK. Some how the flu virus has been frightened off by covid. And I think that we know decease don't work that way. There should be the same amount of flu deaths that we see every year

But somehow there's been a flat line of deaths caused by the flu. It's also strange that mainstream media hasn't picked up on this snippet too ! ??"

Still had many flu deaths. Just not as many, but that was due to lockdown and wearing of masks. Simple really.

"who really cares, if you can't have a rant now and then and say something a bit off, then there are a lot of people need to resign. including most of the people on here.

Yeah spot on..what's the world come too when the prime minister cant see he would gladly see the dead piled up high instead of getting his own way?"

doesnt it matter more what actually happened ? and we have had 2 lockdowns since it was reportedly said so even if he said it it doesn’t really seem like it was a serious consideration

liverpool

"who really cares, if you can't have a rant now and then and say something a bit off, then there are a lot of people need to resign. including most of the people on here.

Yeah spot on..what's the world come too when the prime minister cant see he would gladly see the dead piled up high instead of getting his own way?

doesnt it matter more what actually happened ? and we have had 2 lockdowns since it was reportedly said so even if he said it it doesn’t really seem like it was a serious consideration"

Its the fact that he ,allegedly, said it,its an extremely callous remark.

Still he has come out and denied it ,so nothing to see here.

Tin town

doesnt it matter more what actually happened ? and we have had 2 lockdowns since it was reportedly said so even if he said it it doesn’t really seem like it was a serious consideration"

It would seem scoring cheap points is much more important to the opposition and certain media outlets.

doesnt it matter more what actually happened ? and we have had 2 lockdowns since it was reportedly said so even if he said it it doesn’t really seem like it was a serious consideration

Still he has come out and denied it ,so nothing to see here."

i guess actions speak louder than words to me - like for example a manifesto of promises is worth nothing if none of it gets implemented - same as a crappy remark isnt worth much if the action taken was the complete opposite

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Except Johnson’s actions (and more to the point, inactions) did cause the bodies to pile up.

liverpool

It would seem scoring cheap points is much more important to the opposition and certain media outlets. "

You mean when the pm lies..the opposition should just keep shtum?

liverpool

i guess actions speak louder than words to me - like for example a manifesto of promises is worth nothing if none of it gets implemented - same as a crappy remark isnt worth much if the action taken was the complete opposite "

Maybe he needs to kick start that investigation then?

i guess actions speak louder than words to me - like for example a manifesto of promises is worth nothing if none of it gets implemented - same as a crappy remark isnt worth much if the action taken was the complete opposite

Maybe he needs to kick start that investigation then?"

agreed, like ive said further up the thread there are much bigger failings and continuous problems around covid that need attention and this is just a stupid he said she said smoke screen for people to argue and get their knickers in a twist about - classic misdirection and yet here we all are falling for it squabbling over it

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's obvious that he said it and not only does his eyes show but also the expression on his face as In the cheeky and embarrassment of being caught out rather than showing aggression standing firmly without a doubt

Tin town

It would seem scoring cheap points is much more important to the opposition and certain media outlets.

You mean when the pm lies..the opposition should just keep shtum?"

Absolutely not. For government business its their only job to hold the govt to account.

Chelmsford

Yeah spot on..what's the world come too when the prime minister cant see he would gladly see the dead piled up high instead of getting his own way?"

Figure of speech dear boy...along with Man the Barricades

Chelmsford

Still he has come out and denied it ,so nothing to see here."

So move along...move along..

» Add a new message to this topic