FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Professor Van Tam

Professor Van Tam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lutinnylons69 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

The Prof says if 2 people meet who have both had 2 jabs he is confident that is safe.

Once 14 days have elapsed after their second jabs.

Please discuss.... I am available after June 3rd xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Byfield/Daventry

Professor Van Tam no less.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it is considered safe and they are doing that in states in the US that only vaccinated people can meet together indoors but here the restrictions don't allow for it.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Still illegal though unless the official rules change. No matter how confident anyone is.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I really like JVT

"I really like JVT "

So do I. He seems like a good guy.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"I really like JVT

So do I. He seems like a good guy. "

And he explains things in a straightforward way.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I really like JVT

So do I. He seems like a good guy.

And he explains things in a straightforward way. "

He has a rather lovely way about him. I would trust him implicitly, no matter what he said x

Prof van tam has been doing vaccinations in our local centre hes a local legend.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I agree.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Can he do the splits and a wicked round house kick?

Byfield/Daventry

Hey I got a viscous attack but not brave enough to post on here

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's as safe as it's ever going to be.

Not legal yet, though.

"Not saying it is safe just posting what the do called scientists are saying. I am fed up with opinionists. "

But you asked for opinions.

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 21:19:59]

"Hey I got a viscous attack but not brave enough to post on here "

Its best if you don't as its against site rules to post messages. I'm sorry that happened and the best thing to do is report and block.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Love that guy got a nice mannerism. Hope he does my second jab.

Byfield/Daventry

Yes I think he is the most sensible of those put up by the government.

Great

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I like him, he's a proper expert

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The Prof says if 2 people meet who have both had 2 jabs he is confident that is safe.

Please discuss.... I am available after June 3rd xxx"

Had my second jab today nurse said 3 weeks

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We're progressively reducing the level of risk for people, which is great, towards nationally us having a low enough overall level of risk that's deemed safe enough to remove the final major restrictions.

There's no zero risk potential to meet and it should be no surprise that any new mutation could exist that is picked up and makes us ill, having avoided the immunity that we've gained from a vaccine.

We will each assess the risk level that's right for us, compared with the perceived risk level out there, once we can legally meet.

It's really positive that he's made this announcement. If it helps to build confidence in people to get treatment or prepare for the pending relaxations, it's great. Though everyone should go at their own pace and take the approach that is right for them.

Manchester (she/her)

"We're progressively reducing the level of risk for people, which is great, towards nationally us having a low enough overall level of risk that's deemed safe enough to remove the final major restrictions.

There's no zero risk potential to meet and it should be no surprise that any new mutation could exist that is picked up and makes us ill, having avoided the immunity that we've gained from a vaccine.

We will each assess the risk level that's right for us, compared with the perceived risk level out there, once we can legally meet.

It's really positive that he's made this announcement. If it helps to build confidence in people to get treatment or prepare for the pending relaxations, it's great. Though everyone should go at their own pace and take the approach that is right for them. "

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Can he do the splits and a wicked round house kick?"

Not sure if this is a reference to Ernest Penfold?

I love the guy...

He reminds me of Danger Mouse's side kick... Lol

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed? And at the current rate of vaxes 500k a day is going to be another 100 days before we've all had 2 jabs.... Are they trying to confuse people?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Safe for who, the vaccine is not 100%. How do you know that after 2 jabs that you are safe to meet, I get that people are desperate to get back to normality, but you also have to take responsibility for your actions, just because he said it doesn't give the green light to do it. People are still catching it and that's with having vaccines, luckily they are having less complications which is what the vaccine is designed to do

Manchester (she/her)

"What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed? And at the current rate of vaxes 500k a day is going to be another 100 days before we've all had 2 jabs.... Are they trying to confuse people? "

God knows.

I suspect there's two things going on here. One, please don't meet yet we're not out of the woods. Two, younger people - this is why you want the vaccine yourself, because this is how we get out of this mess.

Tin town

"What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed? And at the current rate of vaxes 500k a day is going to be another 100 days before we've all had 2 jabs.... Are they trying to confuse people?

God knows.

I suspect there's two things going on here. One, please don't meet yet we're not out of the woods. Two, younger people - this is why you want the vaccine yourself, because this is how we get out of this mess."

It's the 2nd time he's given contrary / conflicting and very public suggestions to current guidelines. We are a very very long way from all adults being double pricked yet. Good progress but let's not drop the ball just yet.

Manchester (she/her)

"What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed? And at the current rate of vaxes 500k a day is going to be another 100 days before we've all had 2 jabs.... Are they trying to confuse people?

God knows.

I suspect there's two things going on here. One, please don't meet yet we're not out of the woods. Two, younger people - this is why you want the vaccine yourself, because this is how we get out of this mess.

It's the 2nd time he's given contrary / conflicting and very public suggestions to current guidelines. We are a very very long way from all adults being double pricked yet. Good progress but let's not drop the ball just yet. "

Don't worry, I'm certainly not.

But the science, I suppose is - vax plus three weeks is as safe as we're personally likely to be.

And as always there are conflicting policy considerations

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I really like JVT "

Would have made the covid briefing much more watchable if he always did them. Very much a man on joe publics level and comes actoss as very open and honest . Not like the other two (wornstrom and walt)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

But the science, I suppose is - vax plus three weeks is as safe as we're personally likely to be.

"

So why will we need a booster ?

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"

So why will we need a booster ?"

We don't know yet.

Immunity in SARS 1 cornovirus has been found in people 17 years after they were infected. So far covid19 immunity is still found in people infected at the start of the pandemic here 1 year ago.

Imagine though if immunity started to wane or reduced after say 12 months and the goverment hadn't organised a booster programme for every citizen the ramifications of such a choice could prove tragic.

This booster plan safeguards us either way.

KJ

Manchester (she/her)

"

So why will we need a booster ?"

Sorry, I should have been clearer. As safe as we're likely to be from the original Covid-19. The variants pose additional challenges and make us less safe again (but with the original vaccine we're safer from the variants, most likely).

Manchester (she/her)

Boosters might boost the original vaccine immunity but are also to help against variants

Tin town

God knows.

It's the 2nd time he's given contrary / conflicting and very public suggestions to current guidelines. We are a very very long way from all adults being double pricked yet. Good progress but let's not drop the ball just yet.

And as always there are conflicting policy considerations "

I'm not worried either as I'm not likely to be getting up close and personal any time soon. But just observing that if we had simple and consistent sensible guidelines, unambiguously communicated, theres a better chance of people sticking with them and supporting them.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

"What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed? "

Probably to give everyone a bit of confidence so when the rules do change everyone feels comfortable.

To use a JVT style analogy..... Car manufacturers still advertise top speeds in excess of the speed limit, why bother when we're only allowed to do 70mph max? To give people comfort in knowing they can do so comfortably and with reduced risks.

Manchester (she/her)

God knows.

I'm not worried either as I'm not likely to be getting up close and personal any time soon. But just observing that if we had simple and consistent sensible guidelines, unambiguously communicated, theres a better chance of people sticking with them and supporting them. "

I don't think there's anything unambiguous about this situation.

It's sort of, do you want truth or a convenient lie, or somewhere in between? There's no right or wrong answer here, and I'm not saying "lie" in an insulting way. I'd rather have the truth or something closer to it. I think it sounds like you want something that fits a certain purpose before it's accurate. (Again not insulting - I can see the point. "Crusts make your hair grow curly" is an easier message than "don't waste food" for kids, etc)

Tin town

God knows.

I'm not worried either as I'm not likely to be getting up close and personal any time soon. But just observing that if we had simple and consistent sensible guidelines, unambiguously communicated, theres a better chance of people sticking with them and supporting them.

I don't think there's anything unambiguous about this situation.

It's sort of, do you want truth or a convenient lie, or somewhere in between? There's no right or wrong answer here, and I'm not saying "lie" in an insulting way. I'd rather have the truth or something closer to it. I think it sounds like you want something that fits a certain purpose before it's accurate. (Again not insulting - I can see the point. "Crusts make your hair grow curly" is an easier message than "don't waste food" for kids, etc)"

I'm taking this on face value of the op. I've not seen jvt or any of his utterances. What I'm however saying is it leaves the door open for abuse. So if a govt twonk states you're safe meeting if you've been double jabbed. Then as sure as eggs are eggs you'll have folks thinking... I've had one and that's good enough. This as a time when guidelines state early enough that we can't. And the implication is that we can't because it's a risk to spreading infection. If he had waited a few weeks it could have been lined up with the govt messages and relaxing of restrictions. It's also not specifically about this one message but the last 15 months of messages. I hear radio adverts every 20 minutes now telling me to be cautious and avoid spreading it, mask up etc... We could have done with that 15 months ago. Accepting hindsight etc. I just wonder what he was hoping to achieve with the content and the timing.

I mean soon enough we are going to have people rammed in flying tubes and not all of them will have been double jabbed. Or in indoor events in their thousands and they won't all have been double jabbed either. (given we have prioritised the groups as the east mobile first and the most mobile last it's going to be many months before they are done.) listen its all good progress and the unlocking down seems to be going well. Like I said I think the comms strategy has been clumsy, sloppy, unprofessional and poorly executed throughout that's pretty much all I'm saying.

The thing lots of people dont appreciate is the conflict between the science and the politics.

The government can't say once you have had your jabs you can be free because everyone under 40 will have to stay at home way longer even though they are least at risk.

Tin town

"The thing lots of people dont appreciate is the conflict between the science and the politics.

The government can't say once you have had your jabs you can be free because everyone under 40 will have to stay at home way longer even though they are least at risk."

The govt aren't saying that. Nor is jvt is he? I don't think it's that complicated. I just think the more "they" say the more will be misunderstood. Keep it really simple.

"The thing lots of people dont appreciate is the conflict between the science and the politics.

The government can't say once you have had your jabs you can be free because everyone under 40 will have to stay at home way longer even though they are least at risk.

The govt aren't saying that. Nor is jvt is he? I don't think it's that complicated. I just think the more "they" say the more will be misunderstood. Keep it really simple. "

No that's why I said they can't, even though it would be very popular for over 50s

"What was the purpose of delivering that message when it's not allowed?

Probably to give everyone a bit of confidence so when the rules do change everyone feels comfortable.

To use a JVT style analogy..... Car manufacturers still advertise top speeds in excess of the speed limit, why bother when we're only allowed to do 70mph max? To give people comfort in knowing they can do so comfortably and with reduced risks."

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Prof says if 2 people meet who have both had 2 jabs he is confident that is safe.

Please discuss.... I am available after June 3rd xxx"

Well you said discuss….

You are cherrypicking the quote… that was the first half of what he said, the other part was that he still asked people to stick with the roadmap timetable as to not put in danger the gains that we have all made!

For the sake of a couple of weeks I think you are being incredibly selfish….

By *urygent1Man  over a year ago

North West

I thought it was 4 weeks after the second!

» Add a new message to this topic