FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > hugging on May 17th

hugging on May 17th

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

seems like according to media rumours.. the government will encourage /allow hugging friends and family... the light at the end of the tunnel folks. Whose on your list?

i think friends is the most important word there

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

outdoors I expect..

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What is odd is that you will be able to hug friends and relatives but must still social distance from strangers. How can the virus distinguish ?

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Nobody yet it’s too soon

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

My close circle of friends. Incidentally we all test twice weekly as well, I've noticed I do tend to gravitate to responsible distancing testers now and avoid all the party mums

you can make friends with people very quickly lol

a friend is a stranger you haven't met yet..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I saw my parents a couple of weeks ago and knowing that they'd already had their second vaccination a few weeks prior to that, was reason enough for me to hug my dad. It felt so good x

Leeds

I'm lucky to be having my second vaccination on 8th May so should be safe for hugs.

I waa working in a busy shopping centre just before Christmas and I saw two people one a worker one not just have the biggest hug in the middle of the throng look like theyd not seen each other in a long time.. although I was trying to maintain social distancing and a one way system at the time.. it nearly moved me to tears.. even if id have had a cattle prod.. id not have used it... BTW I wonder if anyone has been fined for excessive hugging

d

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

For me it will be family, but that won’t be until July when we can finally catch up

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

To be honest, I'm not a hugger at the best of times,

So I won't be rushing to hug people.

I'm sorry as much as I appreciate the guidance I won't wait for permission to hug the people I care about.

kinda this. we are massive huggers given the chance

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

"To be honest, I'm not a hugger at the best of times,

So I won't be rushing to hug people. "

I always feel like a grump but this is how I feel. Thanks for saying it for me

huggers and no huggers.. you're either one or the other.. definately informs your opinions on covid I think

d

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I will once I'm fully vaccinated and we're allowed.

this is the subject of this thread rumours are about that government will encourage it from the next step in May

Manchester (she/her)

"this is the subject of this thread rumours are about that government will encourage it from the next step in May "

I'll see what happens. It's definitely a cost-benefit calculation for the government.

I'm looking forward to it.

[Removed by poster at 01/05/21 20:24:11]

"this is the subject of this thread rumours are about that government will encourage it from the next step in May

I'll see what happens. It's definitely a cost-benefit calculation for the government.

I'm looking forward to it."

oh yes I agree they are desperate to restart the economy further and hugs are part of a sociable society... and they make money on hospitality and leisure

Manchester (she/her)

"this is the subject of this thread rumours are about that government will encourage it from the next step in May

I'm looking forward to it.

oh yes I agree they are desperate to restart the economy further and hugs are part of a sociable society... and they make money on hospitality and leisure "

Agreed.

Personally I remain on the conservative side (as in, I'm going to take my time) but I know that the time is coming soon.

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"I will once I'm fully vaccinated and we're allowed."

May I ask?

Will you wait until you feel it is appropriate? Or will you decide independently? (Including after being allowed), not inflammatory but just wondering on differing viewpoints. Clearly science leads the holistic approach but wondering where individuals stood.x

Before I get the messages that accompany a post on here, I have followed rules, had both vaccinations and test three times weekly (and am not saying that for a shag)

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

How else will they test if the vaccine is working?

Manchester (she/her)

"I will once I'm fully vaccinated and we're allowed.

May I ask?

Will you wait until you feel it is appropriate? Or will you decide independently? (Including after being allowed), not inflammatory but just wondering on differing viewpoints. Clearly science leads the holistic approach but wondering where individuals stood.x

Before I get the messages that accompany a post on here, I have followed rules, had both vaccinations and test three times weekly (and am not saying that for a shag)"

I'll look to the data and decide independently. It'll be after we're allowed *and* given my evaluation of the situation, always more risk averse than the government.

Manchester (she/her)

"How else will they test if the vaccine is working?"

Spread is still happening. A lot less.

I can think of one study I heard of where they tracked healthcare workers and were able to estimate how many would have got Covid, statistically, if they hadn't been vaccinated.

Studies are happening.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'll hug trees in May. I don't want to make anyone ill. I'll have had both shots and time to acquire immunity by the end of the month.

"I'm sorry as much as I appreciate the guidance I won't wait for permission to hug the people I care about. "

Same

I don’t require permission to hug someone.

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

Can’t wait to be honest

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Hugging is one of the great Joy's in life, it's the thing I have missed most.

Leeds

"Hugging is one of the great Joy's in life, it's the thing I have missed most."

Imagine how hard it must have been for people in care homes with no hugs or hand holding for over a year.

Some of my friends are going to be getting a Bella bear hug after June 21st that's for sure!

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

I so so miss hugging. From the little ones in my Smalls class up.

in some papers this morning Raab is saying some measures will still be in place post June.. seems odd that there were these May 17th rumours about encouraging contact. wish they'd make up their mind.. Guess they are expecting some sort of spike post May 17th.

i wonder if a referendum/vote on the public to how to move forward in the crisis would go. Are their more cautious or more strident in resuming normality?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"in some papers this morning Raab is saying some measures will still be in place post June.. seems odd that there were these May 17th rumours about encouraging contact. wish they'd make up their mind.. Guess they are expecting some sort of spike post May 17th.

i wonder if a referendum/vote on the public to how to move forward in the crisis would go. Are their more cautious or more strident in resuming normality? "

What he said on the bbc this morning.

We want to get to a position at the end of June where we can get life back to as normal as possible but there need to be some safeguards in place."

Marr asks what additional safeguards might remain in place after lockdown restrictions end.

Raab says: "It will be around distancing maybe there will be something around masks but I don't want to prejudge it. Those are just some of the options."

I don’t personally see it as such a biggie if we have to still wear masks and distance in certain situations, if it means that most of life has got to back to some normality. I’ll still be wearing a mask on transport, shopping and alike even after 21 June

Manchester (she/her)

"in some papers this morning Raab is saying some measures will still be in place post June.. seems odd that there were these May 17th rumours about encouraging contact. wish they'd make up their mind.. Guess they are expecting some sort of spike post May 17th.

i wonder if a referendum/vote on the public to how to move forward in the crisis would go. Are their more cautious or more strident in resuming normality? "

I suspect the government are grappling with the competing considerations.

I think the decision should be made by the people who are informed about the competing factors, I'm not sure why the view of the public comes into that.

the public opinion always matters, especially next week.. votes

I've been wearing a mask for work and on trains sometimes for 14 hours a day... im sure its effecting me mentally and I have slight issues with an internal nasal drip so often feel nauseous.. just want it to end tbh. Id prob feel differently if working from home, driving or only popping a mask on to go shopping

d

ps meant to write for over a year on front line covid sites.. beginning to erode me

d

Manchester (she/her)

"the public opinion always matters, especially next week.. votes

I've been wearing a mask for work and on trains sometimes for 14 hours a day... im sure its effecting me mentally and I have slight issues with an internal nasal drip so often feel nauseous.. just want it to end tbh. Id prob feel differently if working from home, driving or only popping a mask on to go shopping

d"

I don't know. If I want to know the balance of public health, economic concerns, psychology, etc, I think the experts should be consulted. I'm sure Joe down the pub is a nice guy, but unless he's a relevant expert then his view doesn't help us get out of this.

I think this year has proved you need the people down the pub to tow the line or you won't get anywhere.. i think unless there is a massive hike in cases or more importantly deaths... i think the public would revolt in large numbers if social conditions in most places were not lifted as promised. As someone in security.. this is a nightmare scenario

d

i wonder if a referendum/vote on the public to how to move forward in the crisis would go. Are their more cautious or more strident in resuming normality?

What he said on the bbc this morning.

We want to get to a position at the end of June where we can get life back to as normal as possible but there need to be some safeguards in place."

Marr asks what additional safeguards might remain in place after lockdown restrictions end.

Raab says: "It will be around distancing maybe there will be something around masks but I don't want to prejudge it. Those are just some of the options."

I don’t personally see it as such a biggie if we have to still wear masks and distance in certain situations, if it means that most of life has got to back to some normality. I’ll still be wearing a mask on transport, shopping and alike even after 21 June "

Same.

I don't think there can be a total 'back to how it was before' shift. Covid is mutating, the India Brazil mutations are already here. There will be more.

"the public opinion always matters, especially next week.. votes

d"

Have you tried a different type of mask? There's some types I can't wear as it's too claustrophobic.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

It has becoming silly at times and not thought through..

Hundreds and maybe thousands allowed to watch snooker but to Bury a loved one it is a max of 30, unless that has been changed...

Manchester (she/her)

"I think this year has proved you need the people down the pub to tow the line or you won't get anywhere.. i think unless there is a massive hike in cases or more importantly deaths... i think the public would revolt in large numbers if social conditions in most places were not lifted as promised. As someone in security.. this is a nightmare scenario

d"

This is a nightmare situation.

We should clearly communicate the policy that our elected officials decide on the basis of the best evidence, though. What's best for the economy and how to best manage public health is not a matter of people's feelings.

Compliance this year has been pretty high - people need to be guided and given good reason to do what they're doing.

I do always vote - but this week I'll be voting for councillors and a mayor who I trust to best make decisions on my behalf. That's what happens in representative democracy.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think this year has proved you need the people down the pub to tow the line or you won't get anywhere.. i think unless there is a massive hike in cases or more importantly deaths... i think the public would revolt in large numbers if social conditions in most places were not lifted as promised. As someone in security.. this is a nightmare scenario

d"

Also: The promise was data, not dates.

"What is odd is that you will be able to hug friends and relatives but must still social distance from strangers. How can the virus distinguish ?"

Agreed, very strange and seems inconsistent

d

Also: The promise was data, not dates."

yes and the two leaked announcements.. the May 17th one and Raabs today just shows conflict and confusion

Manchester (she/her)

d

Also: The promise was data, not dates.

yes and the two leaked announcements.. the May 17th one and Raabs today just shows conflict and confusion "

I'm ignoring them and carrying on looking at the data.

By *ruescotsman 2019Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Where is the evidence that just cause your in a pub your more at risk of spreading it. If you notice you can go to shops, hairdressers, museums, libraries, and gym's and not do track and trace.

Yet all the hospitality have to do track and trace. There was a study done between 180000 people between August and October there was on 30 confirmed cases of covid in hospitality premises.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Hugging is one of the great Joy's in life, it's the thing I have missed most.

Imagine how hard it must have been for people in care homes with no hugs or hand holding for over a year. "

Yes it is awful for them, mother in law was taken in xmas eve for a month until we had got the granny annexe ready for her to come to us, could only speak through a slightly open window.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

So what happens if people have already been hugging

I know loads who have

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'd feel more comfortable when we know the impact if any after June because we still have loads of people against the vaccine, so still an if and but

O I can't wait for all my hugging and kissing ?

"Where is the evidence that just cause your in a pub your more at risk of spreading it. If you notice you can go to shops, hairdressers, museums, libraries, and gym's and not do track and trace.

Yet all the hospitality have to do track and trace. There was a study done between 180000 people between August and October there was on 30 confirmed cases of covid in hospitality premises."

The truth is that data is not available as, relative to some countries who back trace to the 3rd or 4th contact, not enough has been done in this country to determine if pubs and restaurants actually did contribute to Covid cases.

However, abroad , the evidence is overwhelming - Eric Topol from the US is excellent at publishing this data- restaurants and gyms are top of the list.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Where is the evidence that just cause your in a pub your more at risk of spreading it. If you notice you can go to shops, hairdressers, museums, libraries, and gym's and not do track and trace.

Yet all the hospitality have to do track and trace. There was a study done between 180000 people between August and October there was on 30 confirmed cases of covid in hospitality premises."

Because not only will people be sharing glasses in pubs but also in an enclosed environment I'd say it's still a huge risk given the virus can mutate and how long does it take before a person realises that they have the infection as it only indicates when it has spread within the body of a person

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Hugs here

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We've been lucky and not missed out on close physical contact with all but one of our most important loved ones. It must have been awful for those who've been unable to do likewise for so very long and esepcially the elderly who may even be too scared to ever get back to normal.

Manchester (she/her)

Yet all the hospitality have to do track and trace. There was a study done between 180000 people between August and October there was on 30 confirmed cases of covid in hospitality premises.

The truth is that data is not available as, relative to some countries who back trace to the 3rd or 4th contact, not enough has been done in this country to determine if pubs and restaurants actually did contribute to Covid cases.

However, abroad , the evidence is overwhelming - Eric Topol from the US is excellent at publishing this data- restaurants and gyms are top of the list."

Yes. Looking to other countries plus what we know about the virus - it's a no brainer.

hair dressers and beauty salons are meant to do track and trace, its just easier managed through their appointment book , gyms also keep track of who was in when through whatever mechanism they have for letting you into the building be that cards, pin numbers, fobs etc

museums and libraries and shops you shouldn’t br in the same space as others for more than 15 minutes with distancing and wandering round so trying to track and trace you seems mad anyway

» Add a new message to this topic