FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So Covid jabs only last for 6 month's.

So Covid jabs only last for 6 month's.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eta74 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

So what will happen after that .

I was led to believe that I was safe for ever lol Only work for months .

New variants are attacking the vaccine Ive heard.

Are we ever going to led the life we had before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So what will happen after that .

"

it will work with the flu injection just a booster every year no big deal I get my annual flu injection because I work in retail and work with the public

By *lightlySamMan  over a year ago

dublin 6

It works as long as the covid virus doesn't mutate too much. But even then as long as you've had the injection, even if you catch covid the antibodies from your injection will mean that the virus will not hit as hard. The whole point of the vaccination is not that your immune but that you'll survive the infection.

Dublin

"It works as long as the covid virus doesn't mutate too much. But even then as long as you've had the injection, even if you catch covid the antibodies from your injection will mean that the virus will not hit as hard. The whole point of the vaccination is not that your immune but that you'll survive the infection. "

But the vaccine only work's for 6 month's x

Then the process of who's entitled to it begins again xx

In order of course, so we will be all venerable again at some stage so lock downs could possibly be our future ahead xx

Dublin

"It works as long as the covid virus doesn't mutate too much. But even then as long as you've had the injection, even if you catch covid the antibodies from your injection will mean that the virus will not hit as hard. The whole point of the vaccination is not that your immune but that you'll survive the infection. "

Seemly it is muteding already there is loads of new Covid variants x

Im actually going to enjoy myself the next few month's cause ive had the jab x

Also people in their later years have been advised to go out now and enjoy life again xxx

It's actually frightening tbh lol .

It's like saying you've only got a a few months to live while the vaccine is working xx

Sad thoughts I know xxx

By *lightlySamMan  over a year ago

dublin 6

The vaccine will work for more than 6 months, that is an arbitrary time frame that the company has to place for legal reasons. There are hundreds if not thousands of variables that decide how long the vaccine is effective for. It also doesn't have an expiration date, it's not just gonna stop working after 6 months, it's effectiveness will gently taper off after a certain amount of time depending on each individual. Just get the jab and enjoy life.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Neither the vaccine manufacturers nor the WHO nor the multitude of virologists, epidemiologists, pandemiologists, statisticians, et al, know exactly what the efficacy of the various vaccines are; if a particularly virulent mutation arises, that previously vaccinated people have reduced protection from, another vaccine to combat that strain may have to be rushed out.

Currently, we are in an infinitely better position than India in particular,where the death toll could potentially rapidly rise to millions. A 1% death rate in a country with India's population would be 14,000,000.

The number of mutations arising in India, currently means a catastrophe is probable, since the nbets who have been vaccinated is low.

Time will tell whether we will need a vaccine this winter, to combat a new strain.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"

This the truth?

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

New variants do not attack the vaccine, as such. Vaccines build up the recipient's defences, and should protect against mutations but there are no guarantees.

If everything goes well, Covid may eventually become like the annual flu jab, hopefully.

We are in uncharted territory; we will have to cope with Covid forever, and the danger from it will increase each winter.

The annual flu jab is developed to cope with the most prevalent flu variant, in advance, but the manufacturers sometimes get it wrong, as happened a few years ago.

I had best get out and enjoy myself for the next 6 months so

I heard...........

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Now I've this picture in my head of a vaccine syringe being attacked by thousands viciously grinning cartoony looking virus variants. They're might be a movie one day...

"

... Are you sure about the 6 months? I think Pfizer are saying 6 to 12 months. Experts are saying most likely 12 month. So it will just become like the flu jab every year. So when people say covid will be here forever.. I think it will but it will be like the common flu. Once we have herd immunity it will not be able to spread. So far vaccines are proving effective against all variants (albeit with differing efficacy) but there is already funding going to vary the vaccines for new variants. This was not unexpected. Life will get back to normality.. But it will be next year I rekon so enjoy every moment

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

What's the source for your claim OP?

Each vaccine is different and we largely don't have the benefit of having had sufficient time yet for them all, to know the immunity duration.

Boosters will be easy to get, probably with the flu dose, perhaps at chemists etc.

With only 2 tools to reduce the problem - lockdowns and vaccines, most people prefer to get the country opened up again and to help others

Sure you didn't let it stop you before vaccination OP so why worry about it now

Ireland's health service website has info on all current vaccines (including immunity info) and I'd suggest this would be a good place to start

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"

OP As everyone else suggests the C jab will be the same as the flu jab .. it will work with whatever new variants come along so it doesn't have a 6 month life and it will potentially hopefully work forever

Thread titles with sweeping statements suggesting a 6-month life for the vaccine and then lots of complications etc to get it again is meant to put people off getting them perhaps? either way, it's very unhelpful to give misinformation which sadly as we see too often people who don't read, research, or ask questions about anything invariably believe as ' gospel'

Point being dont believe the gutter press and research things yourself .. way too many liars in TV land at the moment

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

Lots of people have a flu jab every year lots of people are quite happy to have different vaccines to go on holidays why do some people make such a big deal about having the vaccine just have the bloody thing get back to normal

By *ouneed meMan  over a year ago

mold

Guys you missing a point here the vaccine isnt to give you immunity its to teach your body to generate antibodies...just like the common cold there will never be a cure as virus mutates but it will go from killing you to putting you in bed for a few days

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It isn't true that the vaccines only work for 6 months. The studies from Pfizer, AstraZenaca, and have shown that it's is still as effective after 6 months as it was after a couple of weeks. This will be reviewed again as time moves on and we will get data from longer periods explaining how effective they still are.

Cal

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"It works as long as the covid virus doesn't mutate too much. But even then as long as you've had the injection, even if you catch covid the antibodies from your injection will mean that the virus will not hit as hard. The whole point of the vaccination is not that your immune but that you'll survive the infection.

Also people in their later years have been advised to go out now and enjoy life again xxx

It's like saying you've only got a a few months to live while the vaccine is working xx

Sad thoughts I know xxx "

At your age you hardly have any risk anyway even without the vaccine stop worrying

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"New variants do not attack the vaccine, as such. Vaccines build up the recipient's defences, and should protect against mutations but there are no guarantees.

If everything goes well, Covid may eventually become like the annual flu jab, hopefully.

We are in uncharted territory; we will have to cope with Covid forever, and the danger from it will increase each winter.

The annual flu jab is developed to cope with the most prevalent flu variant, in advance, but the manufacturers sometimes get it wrong, as happened a few years ago."

Even when they get it right the efficacy is still a lot less than that of the Covid vaccines we have.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm sure I heard on the news this morning that the government are ploughing loads of money into new vaccine centres to make more new ones that protect against new variants.

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

I wish people would stop making arbitrary statements like this. Fact is, it’s a new vaccine, so no one really knows. Stop spreading panic

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What's the source for your claim OP?

Each vaccine is different and we largely don't have the benefit of having had sufficient time yet for them all, to know the immunity duration.

Boosters will be easy to get, probably with the flu dose, perhaps at chemists etc.

With only 2 tools to reduce the problem - lockdowns and vaccines, most people prefer to get the country opened up again and to help others "

We don't know yet

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I wish people would stop making arbitrary statements like this. Fact is, it’s a new vaccine, so no one really knows. Stop spreading panic"

“....... Fact is, it’s a new vaccine, so no one really knows......”

———————————-

You’re right.

The point is: no one really knows.

Only time will tell, so we just have to wait and see.

By *ilmissplumpyWoman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Lots of people have a flu jab every year lots of people are quite happy to have different vaccines to go on holidays why do some people make such a big deal about having the vaccine just have the bloody thing get back to normal"

considering what we are seeing in other parts of the world we have been lucky to have a good vaccine programme in place

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

[Removed by poster at 05/05/21 22:00:18]

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"It works as long as the covid virus doesn't mutate too much. But even then as long as you've had the injection, even if you catch covid the antibodies from your injection will mean that the virus will not hit as hard. The whole point of the vaccination is not that your immune but that you'll survive the infection.

But the vaccine only work's for 6 month's x

Then the process of who's entitled to it begins again xx

In order of course, so we will be all venerable again at some stage so lock downs could possibly be our future ahead xx "

Where does it say anywhere that jab lasts for 6 months?

"I wish people would stop making arbitrary statements like this. Fact is, it’s a new vaccine, so no one really knows. Stop spreading panic"

Exactly.

The reason that phizer have said "at least 6 months" is because we don't have much data past that at present.

Sad thoughts I know xxx At your age you hardly have any risk anyway even without the vaccine stop worrying "

Not helpful and not true.

Nobody really knows there risk level.

You have heard of long covid right?

Low risk of dying from covid is not the same as low risk of having long-term affects.

"

WTF ... No Way... Only lasting 6months

I knew about vaccines being resistant to new variants alright & the biochemical laboratories are working 24/7 to combat this... But jeez I didn't know current vaccines have a lifespan of 6months once received

I knew about vaccines being resistant to new variants alright & the biochemical laboratories are working 24/7 to combat this... But jeez I didn't know current vaccines have a lifespan of 6months once received "

They don't.

We only have about 6 months of data so we only know for definite that they are affective for at least 6 months but I'm sure as time goes on will know more.

I knew about vaccines being resistant to new variants alright & the biochemical laboratories are working 24/7 to combat this... But jeez I didn't know current vaccines have a lifespan of 6months once received

They don't.

We only have about 6 months of data so we only know for definite that they are affective for at least 6 months but I'm sure as time goes on will know more. "

Oh ok...that explains it...vaccine only out 6 months...so as time goes by we'll know how long it lasts... Thanks BTW

They don't.

We only have about 6 months of data so we only know for definite that they are affective for at least 6 months but I'm sure as time goes on will know more.

Oh ok...that explains it...vaccine only out 6 months...so as time goes by we'll know how long it lasts... Thanks BTW"

Pretty much.

There are currently plans in place for at least the 6 top priority groups to have a booster from October but that's more of a precaution and we don't know yet although probable that it will be an annual vacation like the flu shot as new strains and variants crop up.

Hope that helps. X

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Sad thoughts I know xxx At your age you hardly have any risk anyway even without the vaccine stop worrying

Not helpful and not true.

Nobody really knows there risk level.

You have heard of long covid right?

Low risk of dying from covid is not the same as low risk of having long-term affects. "

“......... Low risk of dying from covid is not the same as low risk of having long-term affects......”

——————————————

Exactly this

Death is not the only consequence of contracting covid.

There’s long covid with debilitating effects.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Wish people would stop scaremongering, the covid jab is the only way forward

» Add a new message to this topic