FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The Seychelles

The Seychelles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It's little bit worrying what is going on in the Seychelles, they have the highest percentage population in the world of vaccinated people but the infection numbers are rising in the vaccinated and unvaccinated, so much they are having a 2-week restriction period and then reviewing it.

As I understand it they never de-restricted social distancing and masks.

I wonder what's causing the numbers to rise and also no it's seeming to make little difference whether the people are vaccinated or not as far as catching covid.

35% of new cases are in people who have had 2 jabs.

Source- daily newspaper

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

That is worrying

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I can't find anything on mortality but as we know a vaccine reduces symptoms rather than stopping transmission. They are at a 60% vaccination rate so not at herd immunity levels yet.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Once they have ripped this variant apart any mutations will be researched, this is essentially the first against vaccines live test, 60% of the vaccines given were made by Chinese Sinopharm and the rest are AstraZeneca

Source New Scientist

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd look at Israel for the evidence of the benefits of vaccination. They have the highest penetration.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Seychelles have 62.2% of population fully vaccinated. Israel have 55.9%.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Am I correct that I read the effectiveness of the Chinese developed vaccine was showing mixed results ? Perhaps this has a bearing on these figures

"Once they have ripped this variant apart any mutations will be researched, this is essentially the first against vaccines live test, 60% of the vaccines given were made by Chinese Sinopharm and the rest are AstraZeneca

Source New Scientist "

Similar to the problem in Chile then. The also used the Chinese vaccine and to say the results are disappointing is an under statement.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Am I correct that I read the effectiveness of the Chinese developed vaccine was showing mixed results ? Perhaps this has a bearing on these figures "

There's been reports that Brazil were having low efficacy issues with some batches apparently the Chinese agreed to replace them..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Seychelles have 62.2% of population fully vaccinated. Israel have 55.9%. "

Thanks Sally. Helpful as ever

I think the Seychelles may be good evidence of their deployment of vaccines choice, plus other local contextual details.

The Israelis published research this week on the Pfizer jab, giving really high protection levels, towards 97% - not peer-reviewed yet. They've had the Kent variant predominantly and I'm unsure how The Seychelles has fared for variants. Obviously protective measures, including restrictions also influence results too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It's little bit worrying what is going on in the Seychelles, they have the highest percentage population in the world of vaccinated people but the infection numbers are rising in the vaccinated and unvaccinated, so much they are having a 2-week restriction period and then reviewing it.

As I understand it they never de-restricted social distancing and masks.

I wonder what's causing the numbers to rise and also no it's seeming to make little difference whether the people are vaccinated or not as far as catching covid.

35% of new cases are in people who have had 2 jabs.

Source- daily newspaper

"

They mainly used the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine. It's only just about 50% effective after 2 doses. Only 3% effective after 1 dose. Only 60% of Seychelles population fully vaccinated so still 40% not protected. Unsurprising they have a resurgence of not enforcing other measures.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Only 3% effective after one dose seems hardly worth bothering

"Am I correct that I read the effectiveness of the Chinese developed vaccine was showing mixed results ? Perhaps this has a bearing on these figures "

Doesnt surprise me with Chinese vaccines

Theres a reason Chinese people pay for foriegn vaccines over ones made in china

One example

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/23/asia/faulty-vaccine-china-intl/index.html

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Only 3% effective after one dose seems hardly worth bothering"

Saline solution?

» Add a new message to this topic