FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Any Adverse Reaction to the Jab?

Any Adverse Reaction to the Jab?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lutonic OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I've had my first jab about 4 weeks ago. All good and the expected flu like systems for the subsequent 24hours. However my physical pain has increased? I'm tending to feel more aches and pain in my general physic. Is this normal? Will it subside?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You'll be fine. The vaccine has been subjected to rigorous long term testing before being released. Any side effects aren't real.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Contact your GP, as it's possible that coincidental, totally unconnected, problems could occur in proximity to a health treatment, like the vaccine. It's better to have official diagnosis and treatment, if needed, than suffering the consequences of not doing so. They can report side effects too.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I've had my first jab about 4 weeks ago. All good and the expected flu like systems for the subsequent 24hours. However my physical pain has increased? I'm tending to feel more aches and pain in my general physic. Is this normal? Will it subside?"

It's fine dont worry it's normal x

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Had my second one Thursday still a bit painful x

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It can vary, be safe and stay in contact with your GP. Peace of mind is important.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Contact your doctor if you're concerned. Feel better soon

Leicester

Ok Thanks for the top advise

Had my 1st jab last week, no side effects as of yet although where i had injection it still feels a bit tender

Yeah had the same after my jab .a couple of paracetamol tabs for a few days on a regular basis will clear it up. Sore acking bones upper body mostly three days after you'll be fine .

Leicester

Same

By *oody HuddsonMan  over a year ago

sexy town

I had sever fevers hallucinations and pains like I’ve never felt before. On a scale of 1-10 they were 100+ and I wish I was exaggerating. This went on for. Couple of days before I started pissing blood and came down with kidney infection.

I still feel fatigued and haven’t been able to run in 6 weeks now

So I’m not looking forward to my next jab.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I had sever fevers hallucinations and pains like I’ve never felt before. On a scale of 1-10 they were 100+ and I wish I was exaggerating. This went on for. Couple of days before I started pissing blood and came down with kidney infection.

So I’m not looking forward to my next jab. "

That sounds awful..are you certain it was vaccination related?

By *adyx4Woman  over a year ago

Durham

"I've had my first jab about 4 weeks ago. All good and the expected flu like systems for the subsequent 24hours. However my physical pain has increased? I'm tending to feel more aches and pain in my general physic. Is this normal? Will it subside?"

Give 111 a call they will advise you on what’s best to do next

Manchester (she/her)

"I had sever fevers hallucinations and pains like I’ve never felt before. On a scale of 1-10 they were 100+ and I wish I was exaggerating. This went on for. Couple of days before I started pissing blood and came down with kidney infection.

So I’m not looking forward to my next jab. "

Please go talk to your doctor to see if they can help you.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"You'll be fine. The vaccine has been subjected to rigorous long term testing before being released. Any side effects aren't real. "

Sorry but that really is a highly irresponsible statement. For a small minority of people there are very serious side effects including fatal ones from such things as blood clots and anaphyalaxis.

Anyone with unusual symptoms post vaccine should contact their GP or 111. That's what they're there for.

I had my jab in Feb, have now missed both March and April period. Regular as clockwork before. I’m not pregnant.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

After my first, the day after, I had a very bad hungover feeling and I don't drink alcohol, bad headache and sickness. Third day ut went but it took about a week for me to get back to normal. It took me longer to recover from working out and yoga. I still get a bit sore, more then normal but, it is getting better.

Bexley

There's going to be a wide range of side effects to these vaccines and thankfully the vast majority of them will be no more than minor irritants and very few will turn out to be serious.

However if recipients don't report their side effects a) the authorities won't know about them b) potentially life threatening symptoms might go un-noticed and therefore untreated.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Personally, no.

However a family member has been hospitalised with Guillain-Barré Syndrome.

I looked it up and it's like a million to one chance, so he's been very unlucky.

However, the risk from Covid is far worse. Don't know his prognosis yet.

Bexley

"Personally, no.

However a family member has been hospitalised with Guillain-Barré Syndrome.

I looked it up and it's like a million to one chance, so he's been very unlucky.

However, the risk from Covid is far worse. Don't know his prognosis yet."

This is why we all need to know what risk groups we are in so we can make an informed choice about the risks to us of getting Covid v the risks of getting vaccinated. The older and/or more vulnerable you are, the more sense the vaccone makes and vice versa.

I got my first vaccination Saturday there and later that night my arm got very sore, tender and felt very heavy. It's only just easing now but no other side effects x

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

nothing at all, except a bit of discomfort where the needle went in and that was only if I prodded it.

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

No probs at all for Mr but Rosie had a few rough hours

By *heMightySpud69Man  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Had my 1st jab saturday. Feels like I've been punched in the arm. Not the end of the world at all.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

I had my 2nd jab Friday afternoon. Spent from mid day saturday till sunday morning throwing up. It was same thing after my 1st jab.By 2pm sunday back to normal an feeling great.

Manchester (she/her)

I was jabbed Wednesday, spent Thursday in bed (fever, body aches, fatigue, headache), am just about over the fatigue today. Worth it, would do it again. Will do it again, lol

By *uttercup and BeauCouple  over a year ago

kent

We've had our firsts jabs, M has flu like symptoms for 3 or 4 days. I was asleep within 2 hours of having it and slept and felt exhausted for a couple of days, then woke in night with stomach cramps, dripping in sweat and with horrendous vertigo and couldn’t move off the bed for hours. Was unable to drive for a week. I rang 111 and was told if it wasn’t an uncommon side effect. Also lots of people experience it if they have Covid. Really not looking forward to 2nd one.....

"You'll be fine. The vaccine has been subjected to rigorous long term testing before being released. Any side effects aren't real.

Sorry but that really is a highly irresponsible statement. For a small minority of people there are very serious side effects including fatal ones from such things as blood clots and anaphyalaxis.

Anyone with unusual symptoms post vaccine should contact their GP or 111. That's what they're there for."

Woosh!!

It was a sarcastic post.

"I had my jab in Feb, have now missed both March and April period. Regular as clockwork before. I’m not pregnant. "

There's been a lot of similar reports to this.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Jab 1 yesterday. Thick head most of the day, totally exhausted today but feeling a bit more human now. Wait and see I guess.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I had my 2nd jab on Friday morning. Been tired all weekend and absolutely exhausted today but no other side effects. I wasn't this tired after the 1st jab. Hoping I'm back to normal tomorrow.

Mrs

"I had my jab in Feb, have now missed both March and April period. Regular as clockwork before. I’m not pregnant.

There's been a lot of similar reports to this."

I’m worried because I’m trying to get pregnant. I talked it over with my GP before I had it and she assured me it would have no impact on my fertility.

I had my first on 27th April, had side effects for a few days but been getting mild to moderate headaches since then.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"You'll be fine. The vaccine has been subjected to rigorous long term testing before being released. Any side effects aren't real. "

No longer convinced the testing and or production quality control are all they could have been. Majority of those I know in their 40s who have had the AZ vaccine have been knocked about by it including me. Side effects aren’t real AZ vaccine side effects suck and not in the good way!

Manchester (she/her)

"You'll be fine. The vaccine has been subjected to rigorous long term testing before being released. Any side effects aren't real.

No longer convinced the testing and or production quality control are all they could have been. Majority of those I know in their 40s who have had the AZ vaccine have been knocked about by it including me. Side effects aren’t real AZ vaccine side effects suck and not in the good way! "

I think the knocking around still comes under mild side effects and worth it as compared to the alternative

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I had my jab in Feb, have now missed both March and April period. Regular as clockwork before. I’m not pregnant.

There's been a lot of similar reports to this.

I’m worried because I’m trying to get pregnant. I talked it over with my GP before I had it and she assured me it would have no impact on my fertility. "

I'm sorry to read that, I have heard of many similar situations.

I hope everything gets back in cycle for you as soon as possible

I didn't have any reaction....not even sore arm and was back at work within an hour.

A friend was blue lighted to AnE within two hours with a face like beetroot and she was rough for two weeks. Both AZ....both will be having 2nd jab through she has been promised a different one.

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Both had our first jabs, neither had any side effects, not even a sore arm (AZ vaccine)

Leicester

What TF!! Is this for real. My thoughts are with you.

Leicester

Did you have the AstraZeneca jab?

sexy town

That sounds awful..are you certain it was vaccination related? "

Most certainly....

My gp said it was not uncommon for it to effect other pre existing conditions but they just don’t how people will react as they are just trials and no data is available as yet regards these.

The kidney infection I can be as certain but 99% yes as the on call gp said they had numerous people with the same symptoms after having the jab.

It’s a joke really as you can’t even report these symptoms on the website so how do they become and form part of the data.

Most certainly....

My gp said it was not uncommon for it to effect other pre existing conditions but they just don’t how people will react as they are just trials and no data is available as yet regards these.

The kidney infection I can be as certain but 99% yes as the on call gp said they had numerous people with the same symptoms after having the jab.

It’s a joke really as you can’t even report these symptoms on the website so how do they become and form part of the data. "

Your GP said that the vaccination program is a trial ?

sexy town

Yes...

And the leaflet you get after the vacation makes it very clear that you are part of trial and will remain so for the next 5 years.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Yes...

And the leaflet you get after the vacation makes it very clear that you are part of trial and will remain so for the next 5 years. "

Can you point out where on the leaflet that information is as I cannot find it?

sexy town

"Yes...

And the leaflet you get after the vacation makes it very clear that you are part of trial and will remain so for the next 5 years.

Can you point out where on the leaflet that information is as I cannot find it?"

Unfortunately I cannot as I have not kept the leaflets. I seam to remember it being with or near the information on how to report side effects.

When I have my next one in a months time I will see if I get the leaflet again and post it.

Manchester (she/her)

Most certainly....

It’s a joke really as you can’t even report these symptoms on the website so how do they become and form part of the data. "

There you go. Report

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

By *2123Man  over a year ago

All over

It’s quite worrying people are having the vaccine and unaware that they ARE the trial until 2023. It says or said on the radio on “thanks for all the people who are part of the vaccination trial helping to protect and save lives”. Now a huge percentage of the uk/world population is vaccinated under a trail and aren’t aware but preaching everyone needs to be vaccinated

It’ll probably be fine, vaccines are great in fighting many diseases illnesses. I’m debating having mine but a recent covid infection it seems pointless I’m going to have maximum anti bodies so why do I want all these side effects when I have antibodies the natural way. Yet the vaccination trial program are still demanding I need a jab for some reason even after cancelling twice I’m still getting texts and letters telling me I must get vaccinated to save lives, protect our community and loved ones

All over

[Removed by poster at 14/05/21 11:51:21]

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

I was one of the unlucky ones i got blood clots took 4days before i found out it started with pians in legs and arms for 4days when i rested most have moved to lungs where i had problems breathing was taken to hospital where they found blood clots but saying all this i will still have 2nd vaccine as thats important to stop this virus please all have this vaccine lets stop this virus so we can all move forward

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

These are the leaflets given at vaccine appointments (print outs, obviously)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/information-for-uk-recipients-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-moderna/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-moderna

Plus a colour leaflet from Public Health England: www.ulh.nhs.uk/content/uploads/2020/12/PHE-vaccine-leaflet.pdf

All over

"Yes...

And the leaflet you get after the vacation makes it very clear that you are part of trial and will remain so for the next 5 years. "

I’m sure it’s until 2023 not 5 years, the trial period was shortened for COVID compared to other trialed vaccines?

Manchester (she/her)

"These are the leaflets given at vaccine appointments (print outs, obviously)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/information-for-uk-recipients-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-moderna/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-moderna

Plus a colour leaflet from Public Health England: www.ulh.nhs.uk/content/uploads/2020/12/PHE-vaccine-leaflet.pdf"

Ah, evidence.

All over

"I was one of the unlucky ones i got blood clots took 4days before i found out it started with pians in legs and arms for 4days when i rested most have moved to lungs where i had problems breathing was taken to hospital where they found blood clots but saying all this i will still have 2nd vaccine as thats important to stop this virus please all have this vaccine lets stop this virus so we can all move forward "

Sorry to hear that but you don’t need to emotionally push your views on the vaccine to other people, we can all think for ourselves and make our own minds up on if we should or need to have the vaccine

Manchester (she/her)

My information package definitely said I was part of a clinical trial.

But that's because I'm part of a phase 3 clinical trial.

Manchester (she/her)

"I was one of the unlucky ones i got blood clots took 4days before i found out it started with pians in legs and arms for 4days when i rested most have moved to lungs where i had problems breathing was taken to hospital where they found blood clots but saying all this i will still have 2nd vaccine as thats important to stop this virus please all have this vaccine lets stop this virus so we can all move forward

Sorry to hear that but you don’t need to emotionally push your views on the vaccine to other people, we can all think for ourselves and make our own minds up on if we should or need to have the vaccine "

... She can express her view just as much as you can.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Didn't feel a, thing with my first jab and no side, effects but nearly a week on since my second one my arm is swollen and still v sore

North West

I've had 2x Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines now. Second dose was Weds. I have a slightly achy arm but I went to the gym last night and still lifted my normal weights so it's not affecting me. I had a slight headache for a day but otherwise absolutely fine.

All over

[Removed by poster at 14/05/21 12:06:29]

All over

"I was one of the unlucky ones i got blood clots took 4days before i found out it started with pians in legs and arms for 4days when i rested most have moved to lungs where i had problems breathing was taken to hospital where they found blood clots but saying all this i will still have 2nd vaccine as thats important to stop this virus please all have this vaccine lets stop this virus so we can all move forward

Sorry to hear that but you don’t need to emotionally push your views on the vaccine to other people, we can all think for ourselves and make our own minds up on if we should or need to have the vaccine

... She can express her view just as much as you can."

No. I don’t tell people to either get or not get a vaccine. I myself and encourage other people to look at the evidence and information available and make their own mind up based on their vulnerability/risk.

I don’t tell people they must get vaccinated even though experiencing first hand being hospitalised and having blood clots, that it’s vital to get rid of the virus and save lives and everyone must get the vaccine.

We all know or should know by now this virus isn’t going anywhere, vaccinated or not. People at risk of dying from covid should be vaccinated yes, which is a small minority. Everyone is still entitled to their own decision depending on personal circumstances and beliefs.

Manchester (she/her)

No. I don’t tell people to either get or not get a vaccine. I myself and encourage other people to look at the evidence and information available and make their own mind up based on their vulnerability/risk.

I don’t tell people they must get vaccinated even though experiencing first hand being hospitalised and having blood clots, that it’s vital to get rid of the virus and save lives and everyone must get the vaccine.

We all know or should know by now this virus isn’t going anywhere, vaccinated or not. People at risk of dying from covid should be vaccinated yes, which is a small minority. Everyone is still entitled to their own decision depending on personal circumstances and beliefs.

"

Everyone is entitled to make their own decision.

Everyone is entitled to express their own opinion.

All over

Everyone is entitled to make their own decision.

Everyone is entitled to express their own opinion."

Agreed

Manchester (she/her)

By the way, my opinion is that we should all get the vaccine unless we have medical advice not to. My opinion is that the credible scientific research is overwhelmingly in favour of its safety and efficacy, and it's the moral thing to do to protect yourself and others from disease which has caused us all direct and indirect harm.

And I will not be told I cannot express my opinion.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

I agree with you people have to make there own minds up on this

Had both mine. A slight tenderness only at site of injection on both occasions.

"Yes...

Yeah I'm waiting to see what happens in a few years time. But apparently that makes me selfish because I consider the vaccine to be riskier than covid. For me. I have to do what is best for the greater good. Not what's best for me. Hmm. This is where I have issue. I'm not a lemming. If the vaccine does what you want from it then great. But please stop preaching that you're getting it to "do your bit". When it's been properly tested I'll consider it.

"Yes...

Yeah I'm waiting to see what happens in a few years time. But apparently that makes me selfish because I consider the vaccine to be riskier than covid. For me. I have to do what is best for the greater good. Not what's best for me. Hmm. This is where I have issue. I'm not a lemming. If the vaccine does what you want from it then great. But please stop preaching that you're getting it to "do your bit". When it's been properly tested I'll consider it. "

Risk assessment not one of your strengths then?

"Yes...

Yeah I'm waiting to see what happens in a few years time. But apparently that makes me selfish because I consider the vaccine to be riskier than covid. For me. I have to do what is best for the greater good. Not what's best for me. Hmm. This is where I have issue. I'm not a lemming. If the vaccine does what you want from it then great. But please stop preaching that you're getting it to "do your bit". When it's been properly tested I'll consider it.

Risk assessment not one of your strengths then? "

Excuse me?

"Yes...

Excuse me? "

If you did some thorough research you would realise the risks of Covid for your family are far greater than the risks from the vaccine. But you are entitled to choose the riskier option if you wish.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

If you did some thorough research you would realise the risks of Covid for your family are far greater than the risks from the vaccine. But you are entitled to choose the riskier option if you wish."

You know nothing of my family. So judgemental.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

If you did some thorough research you would realise the risks of Covid for your family are far greater than the risks from the vaccine. But you are entitled to choose the riskier option if you wish.

You know nothing of my family. So judgemental. "

Not judging you, just how well you have researched your options and your assessment of risks. I believe you are doing what you feel is best for you and yours. I just don’t agree with your assessment.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Not judging you, just how well you have researched your options and your assessment of risks. I believe you are doing what you feel is best for you and yours. I just don’t agree with your assessment."

Because you're an expert and know my circumstances or because you're judging me by your situation?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Not judging you, just how well you have researched your options and your assessment of risks. I believe you are doing what you feel is best for you and yours. I just don’t agree with your assessment.

Because you're an expert and know my circumstances or because you're judging me by your situation?"

Don't get het up SS, it's Friday

I feel the same as you do tbh. I'm tipping slightly since this Indian variant popped up and will see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush at all. I'm always surprised by how many people are just happy to roll up their sleeves without asking any or many questions!

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Because you're an expert and know my circumstances or because you're judging me by your situation?

I feel the same as you do tbh. I'm tipping slightly since this Indian variant popped up and will see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush at all. I'm always surprised by how many people are just happy to roll up their sleeves without asking any or many questions!"

I've asked lots of questions. Looked into it in detail.

I think people assume that because others accepted the vaccine, it means they didn't consider the evidence or the risk/benefit.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

I feel the same as you do tbh. I'm tipping slightly since this Indian variant popped up and will see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush at all. I'm always surprised by how many people are just happy to roll up their sleeves without asking any or many questions!"

Ah I'm not het up. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Just curious as to why they're so keen for me to fall into their way of thinking.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

I feel the same as you do tbh. I'm tipping slightly since this Indian variant popped up and will see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush at all. I'm always surprised by how many people are just happy to roll up their sleeves without asking any or many questions!

I think people assume that because others accepted the vaccine, it means they didn't consider the evidence or the risk/benefit."

And yet you still think that others that have drawn a different conclusion need educating. This is what I have issue with.

Northampton Somewhere

"Yes...

Excuse me?

I think people assume that because others accepted the vaccine, it means they didn't consider the evidence or the risk/benefit.

And yet you still think that others that have drawn a different conclusion need educating. This is what I have issue with. "

I would hope that people who have chosen to have the vaccine done their research, asked questions of course

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Because you're an expert and know my circumstances or because you're judging me by your situation?"

Simply on the data on risks from the vaccines and from Covid. Iam statistically qualified to understand the data and scientifically qualified to understand scientific method and research. I’m also psychologically qualified to understand how people respond to uncertainty and fears. I get why you feel the way you do. However I’m concerned your risk assessment is swayed by some misinformation. Otherwise you would feel less hesitant about the vaccine.

If my words have come across as judgmental so be it, that wasn’t my intention. I chose the approach to get your attention and suggest, like Rocket Queen is, you may wish to reconsider the relative risks. I only wish you and your family good health and much happiness.

By *iskmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Here's a good site to see if your reaction is common.

https://yellowcard.ukcolumn.org/yellow-card-reports

Hope you feel better.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes...

Excuse me?

And yet you still think that others that have drawn a different conclusion need educating. This is what I have issue with. "

Then take issue all you like.

Everyone needs educating. I learn more every day.

I'm just happy I have the level of research training to be able to tackle these complexities.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Simply on the data on risks from the vaccines and from Covid. Iam statistically qualified to understand the data and scientifically qualified to understand scientific method and research. I’m also psychologically qualified to understand how people respond to uncertainty and fears. I get why you feel the way you do. However I’m concerned your risk assessment is swayed by some misinformation. Otherwise you would feel less hesitant about the vaccine.

If my words have come across as judgmental so be it, that wasn’t my intention. I chose the approach to get your attention and suggest, like Rocket Queen is, you may wish to reconsider the relative risks. I only wish you and your family good health and much happiness."

So. As a healthy fit woman in her early 40s I'm more at risk of becoming seriously ill from covid? Really? Where is the data to support this? Everything I see points to men, obese, those with underlying health conditions being the groups to be concerned about. Yet I've no idea what the vaccination will do to me long term. Thanks for your "concern". Although I feel it isn't concern for me.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

And yet you still think that others that have drawn a different conclusion need educating. This is what I have issue with.

I'm just happy I have the level of research training to be able to tackle these complexities."

I'm happy too. Doesn't mean you're all knowledgeable though

"Yes...

Excuse me?

If my words have come across as judgmental so be it, that wasn’t my intention. I chose the approach to get your attention and suggest, like Rocket Queen is, you may wish to reconsider the relative risks. I only wish you and your family good health and much happiness.

So. As a healthy fit woman in her early 40s I'm more at risk of becoming seriously ill from covid? Really? Where is the data to support this? Everything I see points to men, obese, those with underlying health conditions being the groups to be concerned about. Yet I've no idea what the vaccination will do to me long term. Thanks for your "concern". Although I feel it isn't concern for me. "

Take what I have said whatever way you like. I hope you, your husband and your children all stay healthy. You are entitled to your choice.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes...

Excuse me?

I'm just happy I have the level of research training to be able to tackle these complexities.

I'm happy too. Doesn't mean you're all knowledgeable though"

Never said I was. I don't even have a science degree or A level

At a very basic level, if I had to choose between the scientific establishment that keeps us all safe - medicines, vaccines, food and water standards - or a bunch of what if on the internet, I choose the former. That seems like the rational choice to me. (And then I sought out credible expert opinion and read a bunch of papers)

"Yes...

Excuse me?

At a very basic level, if I had to choose between the scientific establishment that keeps us all safe - medicines, vaccines, food and water standards - or a bunch of what if on the internet, I choose the former. That seems like the rational choice to me. (And then I sought out credible expert opinion and read a bunch of papers)"

Great. But don't expect everyone to agree with you. I don't trust a drug that hasn't had its long term effects tested. That's all.

Northampton Somewhere

"Yes...

Excuse me?

If my words have come across as judgmental so be it, that wasn’t my intention. I chose the approach to get your attention and suggest, like Rocket Queen is, you may wish to reconsider the relative risks. I only wish you and your family good health and much happiness."

Sorry but you've got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't suggesting anything. I'm pretty sure she has done her research and is happy to wait, as I am, for however long it takes to feel confident about it

By *uyfrombristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Um, yes they are. I suspect you meant 'aren't severe' (unless you get blood clots and die that is), but they must certainly are real.

I've had no issues for the last year, but chose to have the Oxford injection last week because I felt it was civically responsible (whether that was correct remains to be seen).

I was okay until the next morning, but then I had a headache, aches, lethargy, the usual. That continued until today (and who knows, perhaps beyond). I wouldn't call it severe, but it's definitely 'real' (and I rarely get ill).

The whole death thing is statistically unlikely, as is dying from COVID, but at least this way I might lessen the chance of killing someone else who is more vulnerable to it.

I really don't get the who conspiracy thing. Like, this government can't organise a piss up in a brewery, let alone a global cover-up. Likewise, Bill Gates has more pressing matters to attend to. Buck y of flat-Earthers and nut jobs.

I mean, I get it, life is scary, but Jesus, maybe utilise critical thinking every now and then. What would anyone have to gain by wiping out most of the global population? The world would collapse.

That said, I get wicked 5G reception now!

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Sorry but you've got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't suggesting anything. I'm pretty sure she has done her research and is happy to wait, as I am, for however long it takes to feel confident about it

"

Then I wish exactly the same for you and yours

By *uyfrombristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Um, yes they are. I suspect you meant 'aren't severe' (unless you get blood clots and die that is), but they must certainly are real.

I've had no issues for the last year, but chose to have the Oxford injection last week because I felt it was civically responsible (whether that was correct remains to be seen).

I was okay until the next morning, but then I had a headache, aches, lethargy, the usual. That continued until today (and who knows, perhaps beyond). I wouldn't call it severe, but it's definitely 'real' (and I rarely get ill).

The whole death thing is statistically unlikely, as is dying from COVID, but at least this way I might lessen the chance of killing someone else who is more vulnerable to it.

I really don't get the who conspiracy thing. Like, this government can't organise a piss up in a brewery, let alone a global cover-up. Likewise, Bill Gates has more pressing matters to attend to. Buck y of flat-Earthers and nut jobs.

I mean, I get it, life is scary, but Jesus, maybe utilise critical thinking every now and then. What would anyone have to gain by wiping out most of the global population? The world would collapse.

That said, I get wicked 5G reception now!"

Apologies for the auto correct spelling mistakes. It's annoying you can't edit your posts here...

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Yes...

Excuse me?

At a very basic level, if I had to choose between the scientific establishment that keeps us all safe - medicines, vaccines, food and water standards - or a bunch of what if on the internet, I choose the former. That seems like the rational choice to me. (And then I sought out credible expert opinion and read a bunch of papers)

Great. But don't expect everyone to agree with you. I don't trust a drug that hasn't had its long term effects tested. That's all. "

I don't trust a virus that hasn't had its long term effects tested.

However, given that the vaccines have been developed by clever people with the aim of helping not harming, were given extensive pre-release testing, and are being continuously monitored with many millions of people now treated and cases of side effects down around the background noise level. And over a similar period there have been many millions of cases of covid, with an extremely non-trivial number of people suffering life ending or life changing symptoms, not just limited to old obese folk, but also many many cases of younger people with no obvious or known underlying conditions.

Then my conclusion is that the vaccines MUST be less dangerous than the virus.

And really the way that covid has spread all around the world any individual has precisely three alternatives to choose between:

1. Spend the rest of your life wearing a mask, staying away from others, never touching another human being in your life.

2. Catching covid, because it isn't going to just go away.

3. Getting vaccinated, starting to mingle again, and having the peace of mind that although there is still some possibility of catching covid, it will be reduced from being a potentially fatal illness to something more akin to a summer cold.

Virus = honed by evolution to invade and destroy body cells.

Vaccine = devised by science to teach cells how to defend themselves.

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Great. But don't expect everyone to agree with you. I don't trust a drug that hasn't had its long term effects tested. That's all.

However, given that the vaccines have been developed by clever people with the aim of helping not harming, were given extensive pre-release testing, and are being continuously monitored with many millions of people now treated and cases of side effects down around the background noise level. And over a similar period there have been many millions of cases of covid, with an extremely non-trivial number of people suffering life ending or life changing symptoms, not just limited to old obese folk, but also many many cases of younger people with no obvious or known underlying conditions.

And really the way that covid has spread all around the world any individual has precisely three alternatives to choose between:

1. Spend the rest of your life wearing a mask, staying away from others, never touching another human being in your life.

3. Getting vaccinated, starting to mingle again, and having the peace of mind that although there is still some possibility of catching covid, it will be reduced from being a potentially fatal illness to something more akin to a summer cold.

Vaccine = devised by science to teach cells how to defend themselves."

Great post Polly

By *ristoltwoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 15/05/21 10:18:59]

By *ristoltwoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

The data for Coronavirus mRNA jabs is updated weekly at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions

Report date 29th April 2021

Pfizer – Total adverse reactions 154,776 including, for example, 11,481 skin disorders; 6,520 respiratory disorders and 364 deaths.

AstraZenica - Total adverse reactions 598,985 including, for example, 36,006 skin disorders; 18,759 respiratory disorders and 722 deaths.

Remember these are voluntary and therefore under reported. Take a look at the data for yourself, there is a spreadsheet for each jab.

By *tsallaboutthebassMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I’m the same just had the second one and every muscle in my body is aching I thought it was just me overdoing it in the gym but it’s been going on for over a week now since I’ve had the jab

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Yes...

Yeah I'm waiting to see what happens in a few years time. But apparently that makes me selfish because I consider the vaccine to be riskier than covid. For me. I have to do what is best for the greater good. Not what's best for me. Hmm. This is where I have issue. I'm not a lemming. If the vaccine does what you want from it then great. But please stop preaching that you're getting it to "do your bit". When it's been properly tested I'll consider it. "

Stockport

"My information package definitely said I was part of a clinical trial.

But that's because I'm part of a phase 3 clinical trial."

I take it this is a trial for a new type of vaccine or some other treatment related to the action of the vaccines? You said a little higher up that it gave you a moderately severe reaction for several days, and I recall that sometime last year you believed that you had contracted covid.

Have your trial team given and feedback about your symptoms? I am hearing anecdotal evidence that vaccine reactions can be worse for those with existing covid antibodies, not sure whether I believe this, but interested to hear if you have any insights that you could share?

Manchester (she/her)

I take it this is a trial for a new type of vaccine or some other treatment related to the action of the vaccines? You said a little higher up that it gave you a moderately severe reaction for several days, and I recall that sometime last year you believed that you had contracted covid.

Have your trial team given and feedback about your symptoms? I am hearing anecdotal evidence that vaccine reactions can be worse for those with existing covid antibodies, not sure whether I believe this, but interested to hear if you have any insights that you could share?"

Immunogenicity comparison of a new vaccine to Oxford AZ, phase 3.

They didn't say much. They did make sure I'd filled in the forms, I spoke to the doctor, and later the nurse asked the doctor if I'd got it recorded. Haha. Yes. They know, lol.

They were a bit concerned and asked if I was sure, when I disclosed my family history of vaccine reactions, but I think they accepted that my consent is entirely informed.

No feedback, I don't know how much they can say with it being a double blind study. (There's certainly questions I have about the level of protection I might have from spreading to others given my voluntary work and the React 2 stuff on waning antibodies, I might ask when I get my second jab) Just - all recorded.

I'm fine now, and the damn trial app has stopped beeping at me every few hours Suppose it will do again after my second jab.

It all seems a bit much, but hey. I got another biscuit, all good.

Stockport

Have your trial team given and feedback about your symptoms? I am hearing anecdotal evidence that vaccine reactions can be worse for those with existing covid antibodies, not sure whether I believe this, but interested to hear if you have any insights that you could share?

They didn't say much. They did make sure I'd filled in the forms, I spoke to the doctor, and later the nurse asked the doctor if I'd got it recorded. Haha. Yes. They know, lol.

They were a bit concerned and asked if I was sure, when I disclosed my family history of vaccine reactions, but I think they accepted that my consent is entirely informed.

No feedback, I don't know how much they can say with it being a double blind study. (There's certainly questions I have about the level of protection I might have from spreading to others given my voluntary work and the React 2 stuff on waning antibodies, I might ask when I get my second jab) Just - all recorded.

I'm fine now, and the damn trial app has stopped beeping at me every few hours Suppose it will do again after my second jab.

It all seems a bit much, but hey. I got another biscuit, all good."

What sort of biscuit? I would hope for nice individually wrapped chocolate ones, to minimise chances of cross infection from fingers in the cookie jar...

Manchester (she/her)

What sort of biscuit? I would hope for nice individually wrapped chocolate ones, to minimise chances of cross infection from fingers in the cookie jar..."

Some sort of oat thing. Maybe I was ripped off. Huh.

It was individually wrapped. All very civilised.

Stockport

What sort of biscuit? I would hope for nice individually wrapped chocolate ones, to minimise chances of cross infection from fingers in the cookie jar...

Some sort of oat thing. Maybe I was ripped off. Huh.

It was individually wrapped. All very civilised."

Must be the doctors stealing all the best biscuits for themselves.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes...

Excuse me?

Vaccine = devised by science to teach cells how to defend themselves."

Spot on..

By *errible_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Hubby and son was really really ill for a week after having the AZ son had covid, hubby not that we know of, but I have a school friend who's wife died from the jab and confirmed by the ME that it was the jab that killed her

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

You should have got a leaflet with side effects for your brand of vaccine.

Or its on gov.uk.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Had my second jab this afternoon. Nothing yet.

It's 20 days since my first az jab and I'm still getting daily headaches

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Barmouth

The number of people reporting serious side effects on here seems completely disproportionate. Our GP is running the vaccination programme which has so far fully vaccinated around 7,000 people and given the first vaccine to over 17,000. From these patients they have recently reported that less than 300 patients reported any symptoms lasting greater than 5 days, of those 300 more than 200 their symptoms did not stop them carrying out their normal day to day activities and only 7 described their symptoms as serious, of these 7, three visited hospital and required treatment but all have now recovered completely. It seems to me that either Fab has a lot of hypochondriacs or Fabbers are for some reason completely unrepresentative of the general population

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"The number of people reporting serious side effects on here seems completely disproportionate. Our GP is running the vaccination programme which has so far fully vaccinated around 7,000 people and given the first vaccine to over 17,000. From these patients they have recently reported that less than 300 patients reported any symptoms lasting greater than 5 days, of those 300 more than 200 their symptoms did not stop them carrying out their normal day to day activities and only 7 described their symptoms as serious, of these 7, three visited hospital and required treatment but all have now recovered completely. It seems to me that either Fab has a lot of hypochondriacs or Fabbers are for some reason completely unrepresentative of the general population "
why share your employers stats?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The number of people reporting serious side effects on here seems completely disproportionate. Our GP is running the vaccination programme which has so far fully vaccinated around 7,000 people and given the first vaccine to over 17,000. From these patients they have recently reported that less than 300 patients reported any symptoms lasting greater than 5 days, of those 300 more than 200 their symptoms did not stop them carrying out their normal day to day activities and only 7 described their symptoms as serious, of these 7, three visited hospital and required treatment but all have now recovered completely. It seems to me that either Fab has a lot of hypochondriacs or Fabbers are for some reason completely unrepresentative of the general population why share your employers stats? "

Why not?

There's plenty of hearsay on here so to have real figures does give a more balanced outlook yes?

North West

"The number of people reporting serious side effects on here seems completely disproportionate. Our GP is running the vaccination programme which has so far fully vaccinated around 7,000 people and given the first vaccine to over 17,000. From these patients they have recently reported that less than 300 patients reported any symptoms lasting greater than 5 days, of those 300 more than 200 their symptoms did not stop them carrying out their normal day to day activities and only 7 described their symptoms as serious, of these 7, three visited hospital and required treatment but all have now recovered completely. It seems to me that either Fab has a lot of hypochondriacs or Fabbers are for some reason completely unrepresentative of the general population "

When I've asked second dosers "how were you after the first dose", I've had all sorts of things said to me as alleged side effects.

"I had diarrhoea and vomiting almost immediately."

Oh, that's unusual.

"Well I did feel a bit under the weather on the day"

So it might just have been a coincidental tummy bug?

"Possibly, I did have leftover takeaway for breakfast"

And

"I had nosebleeds on and off for a week"

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that, have you had nosebleeds before?

"No"

Well, you should speak to your GP about it

"Yes, I might need it cauterised again"

Have you had nosebleeds before then?

"Yes, but a long time ago"

So, they HAD suffered nosebleeds in the past.....

Many such examples, unfortunately. Many people reported no side effects after the first dose. The overwhelming majority who did say they had side effects said they lasted less than 48hrs and were very mild.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I found the figures very interesting. Thanks for sharing

"Yes...

Can you point out where on the leaflet that information is as I cannot find it?"

It's certainly not on my leaflet from March.

sexy town

Most certainly....

It’s a joke really as you can’t even report these symptoms on the website so how do they become and form part of the data.

There you go. Report

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/"

Yes I know about this... but you can only report upto 2 side effects you have suffered and only from a list they have compiled. Not suitable for the reactions and amount of different ones I had.

sexy town

"The number of people reporting serious side effects on here seems completely disproportionate. Our GP is running the vaccination programme which has so far fully vaccinated around 7,000 people and given the first vaccine to over 17,000. From these patients they have recently reported that less than 300 patients reported any symptoms lasting greater than 5 days, of those 300 more than 200 their symptoms did not stop them carrying out their normal day to day activities and only 7 described their symptoms as serious, of these 7, three visited hospital and required treatment but all have now recovered completely. It seems to me that either Fab has a lot of hypochondriacs or Fabbers are for some reason completely unrepresentative of the general population

When I've asked second dosers "how were you after the first dose", I've had all sorts of things said to me as alleged side effects.

"I had diarrhoea and vomiting almost immediately."

Oh, that's unusual.

"Well I did feel a bit under the weather on the day"

So it might just have been a coincidental tummy bug?

"Possibly, I did have leftover takeaway for breakfast"

And

"I had nosebleeds on and off for a week"

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that, have you had nosebleeds before?

"No"

Well, you should speak to your GP about it

"Yes, I might need it cauterised again"

Have you had nosebleeds before then?

"Yes, but a long time ago"

So, they HAD suffered nosebleeds in the past.....

Many such examples, unfortunately. Many people reported no side effects after the first dose. The overwhelming majority who did say they had side effects said they lasted less than 48hrs and were very mild. "

Being prescribed drugs to combat side effects I would class as serious, but the NHS does not.

I am still suffering fatigue and as someone that regularly ran 50+ miles a week general in the hills or mountains I had my first run last night since the jab. I am still far from recovered.

Manchester (she/her)

Most certainly....

There you go. Report

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Yes I know about this... but you can only report upto 2 side effects you have suffered and only from a list they have compiled. Not suitable for the reactions and amount of different ones I had. "

Talk to your doctor.

The systems exist.

I assume my numerous side effects have been reported, although I'm in a different place on a trial.

Just had my second jab. Had no reaction to the first and over 24 hours after the second no reaction yet

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Just a temperature slightly drop after getting the first AZ and sore muscle obviously where the needle went in which is normal I found the more you move the injected arm it helps circulation for the arm to heel.

» Add a new message to this topic