FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Back to the future

Back to the future

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sianManc OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

So the question is back about the future.

Knowing what we know so far about vaccines and possible anti viral drugs as well as variants popping up here there and everywhere leads to the big questions...

What do you think the future holds for us and the world for the next 6months and onwards?

Will we be safe to get back to normal soon or?

Over to you all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I think simply we need to wait until the winter again and see what happens

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it depends on how well vaccines hold out against variants, which is unknown.

It's clear that this will become like flu in one way or another, but that it will be much worse without high and global vaccine uptake.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 09/05/21 19:15:40]

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Presently I can't see other lockdowns coming unless of course the virus changes in such a way that our current crop of vaccinations have no effect on.

Porton Down is being expanded to research evolving viruses into the future.

All the big pharmas are already researching the next batch of vaccinations.

We may have an upsurge in covid infections come winter - just like we do flu - but we will be much better prepared, but not just as scientists and policymakers, we as people are so much more aware of our part in it (well most of us are I guess).

Optimistic here.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Well it's far from soon until their is better control of people getting vaccinated around the globe and even then waiting patiently until their is no deaths related only then can anyone say it's safe and time to get back to a little bit of normality and firstly remembering those who past away before taking steps forward

By *ussieChrisMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"Well it's far from soon until their is better control of people getting vaccinated around the globe and even then waiting patiently until their is no deaths related only then can anyone say it's safe and time to get back to a little bit of normality and firstly remembering those who past away before taking steps forward "

If the flu is anything to go on.. Even to this day there are deaths related or directly due to it.

There will never be a 100% cure if it has those flu like similarities. In saying that if the death toll is in the standard percentage of "acceptable" loses, then as has already happened normality will be more and more apparent.

Due to what has happened though, we can only hope that the world as a whole is more prepared should something like this ever come to fruition again.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Well it's far from soon until their is better control of people getting vaccinated around the globe and even then waiting patiently until their is no deaths related only then can anyone say it's safe and time to get back to a little bit of normality and firstly remembering those who past away before taking steps forward

If the flu is anything to go on.. Even to this day there are deaths related or directly due to it.

There will never be a 100% cure if it has those flu like similarities. In saying that if the death toll is in the standard percentage of "acceptable" loses, then as has already happened normality will be more and more apparent.

Due to what has happened though, we can only hope that the world as a whole is more prepared should something like this ever come to fruition again. "

Flu is totally different compared to covid19 flu strikes in winter covid19 strikes any time any season covid19 is able to add additional pressure on the health services unlike the flu hopefully these vaccines are able to boost the immune system of those who are or have been vulnerable to catching the flu would be nice and it's still about taking baby steps until each and every country is able to have control and only at that point able to relax within own country before attempting to go overseas as could turn everything back to the beginning u expectedly...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think it depends on how well vaccines hold out against variants, which is unknown.

It's clear that this will become like flu in one way or another, but that it will be much worse without high and global vaccine uptake."

This..

It's a good synopsis for what is a pretty fluid global health crisis..

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Covid is small beer compared to the impact of climate change

Destruction of the planet may have been the cause of covid, nature fighting back, who knows

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well it's far from soon until their is better control of people getting vaccinated around the globe and even then waiting patiently until their is no deaths related only then can anyone say it's safe and time to get back to a little bit of normality and firstly remembering those who past away before taking steps forward

Due to what has happened though, we can only hope that the world as a whole is more prepared should something like this ever come to fruition again.

Flu is totally different compared to covid19 flu strikes in winter covid19 strikes any time any season covid19 is able to add additional pressure on the health services unlike the flu hopefully these vaccines are able to boost the immune system of those who are or have been vulnerable to catching the flu would be nice and it's still about taking baby steps until each and every country is able to have control and only at that point able to relax within own country before attempting to go overseas as could turn everything back to the beginning u expectedly..."

But surely flu would add very similar pressures to the health service were it not for the annual vaccinations? Only had real flu twice because as a diabetic I get the jab every year... the years I got it I had missed mine.

I think we have to hope that it continues mutating to the point that the mutation changes it to nothing more than a comman cold.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

The flu jab made me more ill than the 2 covid vaccines I had

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's going to take a few years for most of the world population to be offered a vaccine. The problems are going to arise from very large infection levels that perpetuate anywhere, such as we've seen in Brazil and India recently. Most mutations won't potentially be advantageous over the former ones, so will likely be dead ends. But, with enough people getting infected, where each one results in the virus reproducing again, each 1 is a possible mutation of adaptive benefit to the virus. It could be more infectious than the others, helping it to spread faster to more people - and thus gain new mutations more easily. They may prove instead to be more deadly, killing more of us that get infected - we just have to hope this doesn't happen. If any mutation allows the virus to evade immunity that we've acquired from being infected before or had a vaccine, then this could prove a huge problem again and anybody could thus get infected.

Mutations will occur, so we just have to hope that sufficiently large populations reduce infection levels by physical restrictions and that enough of them get vaccinated.

We often base our opinions and actions on our immediate environment. The risk is that too many people feel too safe, before we truly are particularly safe and they don't behave with suitably robust caution. Refusing vaccines because locally things seem safe, is a myopuc example of this. We just have 2 tools to stop infections - restrictions, that many moan about, or the vaccines.

As many of us perceive the virus to be a past issue, or just 1 affecting people in poorer countries, far away from us, the risk of the is a new variant has become established and international travellers carry it around the world to the richer countries, who got vaccine treatment earlier.

Does this happen? I'm sure that there will be new, damaging variants. Will too many of us be too busy partying again, to have stopped caring enough to pay attention?

I'm assuming that some international travel restrictions will remain for a few years. Enough to stop variants spreading? Probably not.

As long as higher levels of genetic profiling of the virus in more of the world happens, it gives us some potential to know what's happening with it. Our understanding of it may still develop in arrears of it having mutated and reached other parts of the world.

People tend to have short memories and to stick with behavioural habits that fit them. We'll likely mostly see ongoing systems we make contact with as troublesome and many would avoid them, if they could, whilst they continue on with their pursuit of an easy life, getting what they - we- need.

It's going to be an interesting few years

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Careful now!

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

Flu is totally different compared to covid19 flu strikes in winter covid19 strikes any time any season covid19 is able to add additional pressure on the health services unlike the flu hopefully these vaccines are able to boost the immune system of those who are or have been vulnerable to catching the flu would be nice and it's still about taking baby steps until each and every country is able to have control and only at that point able to relax within own country before attempting to go overseas as could turn everything back to the beginning u expectedly..."

That was before we had any vaccines.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I`m looking at mid next year for any kind of normality. Even that would depend on the situation.

The rest of the world needs to catch up too so it could be 2023 like someone mentioned last year.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I think it's going to take a few years for most of the world population to be offered a vaccine. The problems are going to arise from very large infection levels that perpetuate anywhere, such as we've seen in Brazil and India recently. Most mutations won't potentially be advantageous over the former ones, so will likely be dead ends. But, with enough people getting infected, where each one results in the virus reproducing again, each 1 is a possible mutation of adaptive benefit to the virus. It could be more infectious than the others, helping it to spread faster to more people - and thus gain new mutations more easily. They may prove instead to be more deadly, killing more of us that get infected - we just have to hope this doesn't happen. If any mutation allows the virus to evade immunity that we've acquired from being infected before or had a vaccine, then this could prove a huge problem again and anybody could thus get infected.

Mutations will occur, so we just have to hope that sufficiently large populations reduce infection levels by physical restrictions and that enough of them get vaccinated.

We often base our opinions and actions on our immediate environment. The risk is that too many people feel too safe, before we truly are particularly safe and they don't behave with suitably robust caution. Refusing vaccines because locally things seem safe, is a myopuc example of this. We just have 2 tools to stop infections - restrictions, that many moan about, or the vaccines.

As many of us perceive the virus to be a past issue, or just 1 affecting people in poorer countries, far away from us, the risk of the is a new variant has become established and international travellers carry it around the world to the richer countries, who got vaccine treatment earlier.

Does this happen? I'm sure that there will be new, damaging variants. Will too many of us be too busy partying again, to have stopped caring enough to pay attention?

I'm assuming that some international travel restrictions will remain for a few years. Enough to stop variants spreading? Probably not.

As long as higher levels of genetic profiling of the virus in more of the world happens, it gives us some potential to know what's happening with it. Our understanding of it may still develop in arrears of it having mutated and reached other parts of the world.

People tend to have short memories and to stick with behavioural habits that fit them. We'll likely mostly see ongoing systems we make contact with as troublesome and many would avoid them, if they could, whilst they continue on with their pursuit of an easy life, getting what they - we- need.

It's going to be an interesting few years "

Excellent explanation! Xx

"So the question is back about the future.

Knowing what we know so far about vaccines and possible anti viral drugs as well as variants popping up here there and everywhere leads to the big questions...

What do you think the future holds for us and the world for the next 6months and onwards?

Over to you all."

Aint going to be now back to normal with different variants ,but my attitude is live and let die , strongest survive

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

There’s no need to go back to how things were. Packed into little underground trains and offices , not sanitising hands or cleaning shared surfaces seems stupid given what we know about air borne viruses like flu, colds, coughs. Also hopefully a lot of people at risk will now start to take their health and immune system a bit more seriously and eat better & exercise more

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Over to you all.

Aint going to be now back to normal with different variants ,but my attitude is live and let die , strongest survive "

Happy to be the last, the 'sgrongest' alive, whilst all those who you care about (I'm assuming that you do care for some people, maybe that's a long shot) have all died. Or would you be happier meeting death a bit earlier than others, leaving them to mourn, what they may miss about you?

Many deaths, from all kinds of things, are avoidable. Most sensible people take precautions, wear seatbelts, have STI checks and treatments - there's a long list of things wisely done. If you just trust in the strongest surviving if they can, against all manner of infections and hazards of life, it will probably mean that you're very lucky still to be alive. We've progressed from the dark ages.

Flu is totally different compared to covid19 flu strikes in winter covid19 strikes any time any season covid19 is able to add additional pressure on the health services unlike the flu hopefully these vaccines are able to boost the immune system of those who are or have been vulnerable to catching the flu would be nice and it's still about taking baby steps until each and every country is able to have control and only at that point able to relax within own country before attempting to go overseas as could turn everything back to the beginning u expectedly...

But surely flu would add very similar pressures to the health service were it not for the annual vaccinations? Only had real flu twice because as a diabetic I get the jab every year... the years I got it I had missed mine.

I think we have to hope that it continues mutating to the point that the mutation changes it to nothing more than a comman cold. "

Exactly what happened with SARS-1. But that was much more quickly. If you remember it just kinda faded away before it got properly going or spread much out of Asia.

I see it as a step by step thing. If restrictions easing don't cause an uplift after 17th May we move on. Same happens on 21st June. In August we have an honest conversation about masks and tourism.

Manchester

Over to you all."

Indian variant and others so where will be?

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"I think it's going to take a few years for most of the world population to be offered a vaccine. The problems are going to arise from very large infection levels that perpetuate anywhere, such as we've seen in Brazil and India recently. Most mutations won't potentially be advantageous over the former ones, so will likely be dead ends. But, with enough people getting infected, where each one results in the virus reproducing again, each 1 is a possible mutation of adaptive benefit to the virus. It could be more infectious than the others, helping it to spread faster to more people - and thus gain new mutations more easily. They may prove instead to be more deadly, killing more of us that get infected - we just have to hope this doesn't happen. If any mutation allows the virus to evade immunity that we've acquired from being infected before or had a vaccine, then this could prove a huge problem again and anybody could thus get infected.

It's going to be an interesting few years "

Completely agree and I think there is a fair amount of blinkered vision being painted by some of the media, focussing on June 21 as if it's some magical day in which we all be free and safe, neglecting to mention the harsh reality that this battle is worldwide, ongoing, and far from over.

All of which you covered well in your post.

Manchester

Yes the media and the government are together playing a shrewd game such as the way the whole Portugal debacle has been done. Its clear the media isn't objective and the government is solely focused on monetary gain be it individual MPs or as a collective gang/club.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

The reality is that the longer our NHS is tied up dealing with Covid then the numbers that will die of other illnesses will increase as they go untreated.

Manchester

"The reality is that the longer our NHS is tied up dealing with Covid then the numbers that will die of other illnesses will increase as they go untreated."

True

"The reality is that the longer our NHS is tied up dealing with Covid then the numbers that will die of other illnesses will increase as they go untreated.

True"

So we let the virus spread again and enter yey another lockdown?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The reality is that the longer our NHS is tied up dealing with Covid then the numbers that will die of other illnesses will increase as they go untreated."

Thankfully, the number of people in hospital with Covid is really low at the moment. I believe I read it was equivalent to ONE per hospital.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Cal

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The reality is that the longer our NHS is tied up dealing with Covid then the numbers that will die of other illnesses will increase as they go untreated.

True

So we let the virus spread again and enter yey another lockdown?"

I think we can read it as "the less Covid we have, the better the NHS will cope", which has always been true

» Add a new message to this topic