FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How many Fab members have had Covid

How many Fab members have had Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anda2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

Don’t know if this has been asked but how many fab members have had Covid ? Those that have we sympathise but would like to know your thoughts on meeting others ? When do you think it may be fight to do so ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Norwich

Sorry meant to ask when you feel it’s right to do so. No fighting lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had a suspected case last year, before testing was as good. I was sick for ages.

I'll meet after I'm fully vaccinated, after social distancing has ended, and after vaccination rates are high and disease rates are low.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I had it in January last year, was very ill at the time the hospital didn’t know what it was, our youngest daughter collapsed with it about two weeks later and the hospital in Manchester where she was treated said they were struggling to deal with new flu viruses !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Out of the 30000 people online here at the moment, probably quite a few ... shame can only ask the couple of hundred that use the forums as would be interesting to find out!

Norwich

Thanks for the input. To us asking those that have suffered may act as a guid to the way back

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Had it January, wasn't nice but thankfully there were no serious issues, just aching joints, lack of appetite, a small difficulty in breathing and complete and utter exhaustion for 10 days or so (spent 5 days in bed just sleeping with an odd hour here and there to get some liquid in me). Myheart goes out to those who really struggle with it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I haven't knowingly or suspended that I had it.

I'll be meeting when things seem safer and it's permitted, probably when clubs are open

I had bad flu in March last year, with a really bad chesty cough. I suspect that was covid, but it was before general awareness and testing came in.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I haven't knowingly or suspended that I had it.

I'll be meeting when things seem safer and it's permitted, probably when clubs are open "

Suspected, not suspended

Had it months ago, was just like a flu but for the loss of sense of smell. The time for isolation is over, I've had enough of it and don't see point in living in fear of a bloody flu.

By *ttoWoman  over a year ago

llanelli

Had it for Christmas! Wiped pretty much the entire staff team out and my father too (73)

I spent nine straight days in bed with teenage daughter nursing me, was a month off work.

Freezing cold but sweating, prolonged and severe headache, unable to stay awake, muscle cramps, cough, unable to taste. Lost a stone but sadly put it back on and more!

I work in nhs, and our ward was on its knees with patients infected too.

Covid is no joke. Had both jabs now and still cautious, don’t think my father would survive a second infection and hasn’t recovered from the first.

Men seem to get chest symptoms worse than women and females tend to have more sensory impairments, just a personal observation.

llanelli

"Had it months ago, was just like a flu but for the loss of sense of smell. The time for isolation is over, I've had enough of it and don't see point in living in fear of a bloody flu."

As long as you are ok then

Let’s not worry about the deaths...

Manchester (she/her)

"Thanks for the input. To us asking those that have suffered may act as a guid to the way back "

I was housebound for two months.

Myself and my partner had it between Christmas and New year.

He was asymptomatic and iv had worse colds but we are so thankful as we are both in the shielding category so for me it was worse emotionally than physically as I was worried sick that we would get very ill.

Neither of us have had any lasting affects.

East Lancashire

"

Men seem to get chest symptoms worse than women and females tend to have more sensory impairments, just a personal observation."

I have noticed that from those I know who have had covid....strange.

Regarding meeting others even though we have both had both jabs we are going to very cautious as one of us was asymptomatic.

I had covid in the first wave and so have most people I know, nobody had any issues.

I dont normally get ill and although I followed all the rules and took it very seriously I still managed to get it, so it shows how contagious it is, but also I know of elderly couples who live with each other 24/7 and only one got it, so maybe its whether you are susceptible to getting it..

For me,No big deal, colds are worse, just 3 weeks of waves of extreme fatigue which I think was the battle going on with my immune system, the weather was better last year so lying on a sun lounger wasnt a problem really, in fact it did cause me psychological issues but as these were very positive-had a good result.

As for meetings, although I consider myself to be immune and cant pass it on, you never know, so I would be wary of anyone with a poor immune system or vulnerable to illness just in case, but also I think people have the right to decide their own risks, most elderly people I know have had enough now and just want to get on and live their life.

"Had it months ago, was just like a flu but for the loss of sense of smell. The time for isolation is over, I've had enough of it and don't see point in living in fear of a bloody flu.

Let’s not worry about the deaths..."

Let's not worry about the suicides and ruined lives either then eh?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Had it months ago, was just like a flu but for the loss of sense of smell. The time for isolation is over, I've had enough of it and don't see point in living in fear of a bloody flu."

I don't want to die of a Coronavirus. If I can lessen my chances of catching it and becoming seriously ill from it I will.

Manchester (she/her)

"Had it months ago, was just like a flu but for the loss of sense of smell. The time for isolation is over, I've had enough of it and don't see point in living in fear of a bloody flu.

Let's not worry about the suicides and ruined lives either then eh?"

Good plan. Let's all write to our MPs urging greater support for vulnerable people and a top up in support for NHS mental health services.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Had it in October, no biggy, but felt tired for weeks after.

llanelli

Can you show me data about increased suicides? Seriously, I haven’t seen any.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’ve not had it myself and am struggling to think of anyone I know personally who has had it.

The benefits of living rural and being an antisocial git ha ha

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's heart warming that in the past fifteen months how many have developed a social conscience and a new found empathy..

Or am I being cynical..

Manchester (she/her)

"It's heart warming that in the past fifteen months how many have developed a social conscience and a new found empathy..

Or am I being cynical.."

I'll come sit next to you on that bench.

East Lancashire

"It's heart warming that in the past fifteen months how many have developed a social conscience and a new found empathy..

Or am I being cynical.."

No, no you are not being cynical. We have become a more empathetic and socially aware society (well, some of us have).

in Lancashire

Or am I being cynical..

I'll come sit next to you on that bench."

in Lancashire

Or am I being cynical..

No, no you are not being cynical. We have become a more empathetic and socially aware society (well, some of us have)."

I would say yes some have and it's been one of the upsides in this time, but it's equally highlighted other less admirable traits in some..

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"Don’t know if this has been asked but how many fab members have had Covid ? Those that have we sympathise but would like to know your thoughts on meeting others ? When do you think it may be fight to do so ??"

Some of my family members did and I won’t be meeting anytime soon

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

You have quite a warped response to people's posts.. If no. One else will call you out I'm happy to!

I lost friends to Covid.. Didn't catch it myself but recognise we are doing this to protect the old and the weak not the young and the fit and strong .. Your response more than suggests a survival of the fittest approach or even just a selfish one?

Also if people understood we are all going to have to change how we do things instead of gripping on for dear life at the old ways of work and play .. Your predicted suicides and ruined lives arguably wouldn't be as much of a worry would they? ..

Its how we deal with the results of a pandemic not how we keep trying to live like we did before that matters now ..that's what's going to save lives not an ' I will do what I want ' attitude..

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

I strongly believe I had it in jan 2020, before it was easy to test for etc. Went to the doctors but they were unsure. Couldn’t sleep for a week really in between coughing.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I probably had Covid infection for a couple of months about one year ago; I could physically hear myself breathing-a severe rasping noise; I was coughing up phlegm at night; very fatigued; sore joints and muscles; no loss of taste or smell.

I never consulted my GP and simply weathered the storm until my energy returned to former levels.

Self-isolation was not a problem for me, as I now live alone.

By *ish you were here!Couple  over a year ago

Kidderminster...ish!

Both posative last year, i didn't have symptoms,but for wife like mild flu.

Felt worse after having the vaccine than the actual virus

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

J possitive start of december with mold symptoms headache and aches . Mrs b bedbound for 2 weeks tested negative

Or am I being cynical..

I'll come sit next to you on that bench."

im mostly on the bench too (hope it has lots of room for our distancing ) but i can understand where the argument is coming from while also being able to objectively see the numbers are not actually any worse

i think part of the suicide mental health viewpoint is peoples anecdotal personal stories which are harrowing and therefore it feels inappropriate and cold to talk them down with facts

the statistics don’t show an increase in suicides , but for the people who knew someone who has committed suicide they understandably don’t care about statistics , the impact in their life has gone up and they cant see it objectively

also in the past when someone gets to that sad stage , there is usually not one thing that can be pointed to as the cause , people recognise it as a build up of issues because otherwise they would have to point the finger at a person , maybe their partner, or their boss , or the suicidal person themselves (not that anyone is at fault but grieving people tend to look for cause and blame). the difference now is that last straw was a lockdown, its not a person, its faceless and the government so people are happy now to point a finger of blame and ignore this element that no one thing is to blame and things had been building in their mind over time

i don’t deny there have been many difficult parts to the lockdowns but on its own it hasn’t directly caused death, but has prevented many of them

You have quite a warped response to people's posts.. If no. One else will call you out I'm happy to!

I lost friends to Covid.. Didn't catch it myself but recognise we are doing this to protect the old and the weak not the young and the fit and strong .. Your response more than suggests a survival of the fittest approach or even just a selfish one?

Also if people understood we are all going to have to change how we do things instead of gripping on for dear life at the old ways of work and play .. Your predicted suicides and ruined lives arguably wouldn't be as much of a worry would they? ..

Its how we deal with the results of a pandemic not how we keep trying to live like we did before that matters now ..that's what's going to save lives not an ' I will do what I want ' attitude..

"

Stay inside then. If you're happy to waste your life away in lockdown and perpetuallly wearing a mask then go right ahead. For the majority of people I feel have had enough. People lose loved ones and friends everyday. Do you want a hug or something? Life moves on...

"Don’t know if this has been asked but how many fab members have had Covid ? Those that have we sympathise but would like to know your thoughts on meeting others ? When do you think it may be fight to do so ??"

Yes I had it very early in proceedings, I don’t think having it or not adds any gravitas to your perspective, likewise I don’t think the fact I’ve worked solidly in a covid based icu does either.

The simple answer is at at time when restrictions and common sense allow it. Policy should guide us all.

I guess I look at this week and hugging, will I rush to hug everyone? No, just a select few. Likewise with swinging, I’d probably meet on an individual basis before I got into the centre of an orgy. We all have a brain, I think taking risk is to be accepted, being reckless however, that’s perhaps where people need to think a bit more.

I wish people would stop posting suicide crap in a manner that suggests those people have been cast aside, nobody has cared when making policy or decision.

Suicides, undetected major illnesses etc are all part of the death toll of covid-19. You can’t separate them, they are as upsetting as stories as those who have passed away on ventilators... they are all of the collateral damage this virus has inflicted, it was never avoidable, it was always a subject like those patients on ICU’s which urgently needed people to do their bit to keep infections down and allow society to safely open up and medical help, screening and treatment to get back to normal levels.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Stay inside then. If you're happy to waste your life away in lockdown and perpetuallly wearing a mask then go right ahead. For the majority of people I feel have had enough. People lose loved ones and friends everyday. Do you want a hug or something? Life moves on..."

And this, I feel, is precisely the attitude that perpetuates the problem.

It always seems that those who shout loudest about not wanting to do the things that will bring the situation under control are the same ones who complain that the situation is on going.

Just my observance, I have no links to peer reviewed scientific studies for you to read.

Norwich

It’s very interesting listening to all of your examples and so good to know you have all come out on the right side. Do you think those of you who have suffered will return to swinging or have you considered abstaining

I wish people would stop posting suicide crap in a manner that suggests those people have been cast aside, nobody has cared when making policy or decision.

Suicides, undetected major illnesses etc are all part of the death toll of covid-19. You can’t separate them, they are as upsetting as stories as those who have passed away on ventilators... they are all of the collateral damage this virus has inflicted, it was never avoidable, it was always a subject like those patients on ICU’s which urgently needed people to do their bit to keep infections down and allow society to safely open up and medical help, screening and treatment to get back to normal levels. "

As usual missing the point entirely. To say what this country went through was unavoidable is just a fallacy. You're spouting the same MSM bull that I keep hearing on here. No one talks about anything but covid infections, mental health is just an afterthought.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s very interesting listening to all of your examples and so good to know you have all come out on the right side. Do you think those of you who have suffered will return to swinging or have you considered abstaining "

I will return, but with a new attitude. And based on my personal assessment of risk, well after we're "allowed".

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i had it in january with absolutely no symptoms thankfully. was only picked up through regular work testing.

i have now had both jabs as well but i will still be cautious when meeting people. i am in no rush to meet those i dont already know.

llanelli

Suicides, undetected major illnesses etc are all part of the death toll of covid-19. You can’t separate them, they are as upsetting as stories as those who have passed away on ventilators... they are all of the collateral damage this virus has inflicted, it was never avoidable, it was always a subject like those patients on ICU’s which urgently needed people to do their bit to keep infections down and allow society to safely open up and medical help, screening and treatment to get back to normal levels.

As usual missing the point entirely. To say what this country went through was unavoidable is just a fallacy. You're spouting the same MSM bull that I keep hearing on here. No one talks about anything but covid infections, mental health is just an afterthought. "

I work in mental health. It has never been an afterthought. Suicide rates have not soared, depression and low mood have reappeared in people who have been well for a long time. At least that’s what we have seen and has been supported by research.

You carry on being selfish and blaming the people directly giving support if it helps you sleep at night

As usual missing the point entirely. To say what this country went through was unavoidable is just a fallacy. You're spouting the same MSM bull that I keep hearing on here. No one talks about anything but covid infections, mental health is just an afterthought.

I work in mental health. It has never been an afterthought. Suicide rates have not soared, depression and low mood have reappeared in people who have been well for a long time. At least that’s what we have seen and has been supported by research.

You carry on being selfish and blaming the people directly giving support if it helps you sleep at night "

My family also works in mental health. Keep being a sheep, life's simple that way.

By *lipperywhenwet07Couple  over a year ago

llanelli

Both had it

Work tests show we had it Xmas

More than likely end feb 20 whilst in London - both poorly but no testing

Both had 2 jabs now

But all variants need to be covered and more vaccinated

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I’ve tested positive twice, 4 months apart.

Poorly the first time and not the second.

Parents both early 50s both had it- one hospitalised, neither with any health or weight issues and 22 year old brother had it- but fine.

Fully vaccinated 2 months ago because of my job.

The people I see have had it and vaccinated so I feel pretty ok from my side- meeting would depend on their circumstances. Xx

llanelli

You carry on being selfish and blaming the people directly giving support if it helps you sleep at night

My family also works in mental health. Keep being a sheep, life's simple that way. "

Rather than throw sheep comments around, try providing something to make what you say credible.

I bet your family are proud of your selflessness.

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

I work with approx 250 people everybody being tested weekly id say no more than 5 or 6 people wearing masks in any one shift and we havent had a single positive test at all

"I work with approx 250 people everybody being tested weekly id say no more than 5 or 6 people wearing masks in any one shift and we havent had a single positive test at all"

Careful now....you'll get branded a science denier or something. Your personal experiences won't count for anything when the experts read this

"I work with approx 250 people everybody being tested weekly id say no more than 5 or 6 people wearing masks in any one shift and we havent had a single positive test at all

Careful now....you'll get branded a science denier or something. Your personal experiences won't count for anything when the experts read this "

not really , we have limited information about the type of work sure , but the regular testing which then means any positive cases are isolated from the rest of the workforce is mitigation which then makes sense the cases are low

"I work with approx 250 people everybody being tested weekly id say no more than 5 or 6 people wearing masks in any one shift and we havent had a single positive test at all

Careful now....you'll get branded a science denier or something. Your personal experiences won't count for anything when the experts read this

not really , we have limited information about the type of work sure , but the regular testing which then means any positive cases are isolated from the rest of the workforce is mitigation which then makes sense the cases are low "

But the bit where the poster said 'haven't had a single positive test at all'....no need to isolate sure

not really , we have limited information about the type of work sure , but the regular testing which then means any positive cases are isolated from the rest of the workforce is mitigation which then makes sense the cases are low

But the bit where the poster said 'haven't had a single positive test at all'....no need to isolate sure"

oh i misread it as 5 or 6 cases not 5 or 6 wearing masks - i think the vaguesness of the situation is still relevant though

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I'll start counting tomorrow

Both had it (along with kids) back in April last year..

As usual missing the point entirely. To say what this country went through was unavoidable is just a fallacy. You're spouting the same MSM bull that I keep hearing on here. No one talks about anything but covid infections, mental health is just an afterthought. "

Absolute bollox, re-read any of my forum posts over the past 16 months and you’ll see I often make the point that the impact of covid is wide reaching whether that’s other areas of health, economic etc.

What you are displaying is a complete lack of comprehension that the various areas of suffering are linked. There was always going to be direct covid deaths, the virus’s impact on the care system also meant there would have been an impact on surgery, diagnosis, mental health etc. All of those areas along with commercial issues needed us to get to a place where we could reinstate a more normal level of daily movement, interaction etc, there was never a way to reduce those deaths and consequences, to open up would have made this countries ability to treat anyone even more challenging, it would have created a far worst toll.

in Lancashire

Or am I being cynical..

I'll come sit next to you on that bench.

im mostly on the bench too (hope it has lots of room for our distancing ) but i can understand where the argument is coming from while also being able to objectively see the numbers are not actually any worse

i think part of the suicide mental health viewpoint is peoples anecdotal personal stories which are harrowing and therefore it feels inappropriate and cold to talk them down with facts

the statistics don’t show an increase in suicides , but for the people who knew someone who has committed suicide they understandably don’t care about statistics , the impact in their life has gone up and they cant see it objectively

also in the past when someone gets to that sad stage , there is usually not one thing that can be pointed to as the cause , people recognise it as a build up of issues because otherwise they would have to point the finger at a person , maybe their partner, or their boss , or the suicidal person themselves (not that anyone is at fault but grieving people tend to look for cause and blame). the difference now is that last straw was a lockdown, its not a person, its faceless and the government so people are happy now to point a finger of blame and ignore this element that no one thing is to blame and things had been building in their mind over time

i don’t deny there have been many difficult parts to the lockdowns but on its own it hasn’t directly caused death, but has prevented many of them "

Good post..

Seen more than one bloke take that route and it's truly awful whatever the situation..

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

We both caught Covid in March last year , both had different reactions,Rob had heavy breathing for 3 days ,I had bad cough for 3 weeks , both agree we have had worse Flu

I haven't

Norwich

So when do people think swinging will be safe to explore ? Or is it safe now to meet as two couples. Are the risks going to be greater in clubs ??

Norwich

Be nice to consider others thoughts ???

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I tested positive Easter 2020 - not bad enough to go to hospital

Positive antibodies all the way after that until first vaccine dose just before new year

By *emmabTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I have tested with antibody in August 2020. Showed I I had anti body's then. I am pretty sure I had late February 2020 before lock down. Wife tested with anti bodies as well. She still hasn't got her sense of smell now and is going through a process of re training her sense of smell.

I had 48hrs of feeling quite rough and about 3 weeks of persistent cough and shortness of breath. However just thought it was a really bad cold all before we all knew what to look out for. Kid were all poorly. We think we got it off them and they got it from their school mates that a lot of them ski in February half term. My boys best mate skis in GB team and spent 2 weeks skiing in the alps in February.

Male half doesn't fall prey to viruses, or hasn't for as long as can remember and never had the Flu virus, so no is the answer

If he gets a cold then it's gone within a day or two, last was MANY MANY years ago as his metabolism has been dialed in at 100% for some 20 years and is an expert when it comes to all things nutrition.

» Add a new message to this topic