FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Spain to ditch Covid tests for British holidaymakers

Spain to ditch Covid tests for British holidaymakers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Cebu City

Just saw this on Reuters, Spain no longer requires proof of a negative test for holidays from today if you are British

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Do you think the uk airlines will require it regardless of what the destinations want

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just saw this on Reuters, Spain no longer requires proof of a negative test for holidays from today if you are British "

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

hope they enjoy the Indian variant as much as the Kent variant then

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Just saw this on Reuters, Spain no longer requires proof of a negative test for holidays from today if you are British "
That’s great news

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It doesnt change the uk,s stance when you return though.

Cebu City

"Do you think the uk airlines will require it regardless of what the destinations want"

No , airlines don’t require a negative test to travel

Cebu City

"It doesnt change the uk,s stance when you return though."

That’s true but if you work from home anyway or have employer support to take holidays and then work from gone, Amber countries are not too bad just 10 days at home and two tests I think and I hear it can be reduced to 5 days if you do an extra test or something

Cebu City

"hope they enjoy the Indian variant as much as the Kent variant then"

It’s all the same really, flu variants been around forever no one cared until someone told Boris what it means

Just booked my flights can’t wait of to Spain end of the month

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"hope they enjoy the Indian variant as much as the Kent variant then"

Spain already have the Indian variant there. Not sure why Brits travelling there would be anymore of an issue.

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Is this true because I think it must be heartbreaking having no symptoms and being told you can't go on holiday because the test has come back positive.

Obviously it's just spreading the virus from 1 place to another if you are positive and the right decision to send you away.

It will make a difference in guarantee to get there and financial add ons. This should mean more people book to go away over the summer.

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

"Do you think the uk airlines will require it regardless of what the destinations want

No , airlines don’t require a negative test to travel "

Some do KLM for one does

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'd hope that flights would still be needing a negative test to fly. As wouldn't want to be cooped up on a flight with untested people.

I will be waiting till the tests are a little cheaper to go away x

Spain still on Amber list tho.....and rates there don't look like it be green anytime soon.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Do you think the uk airlines will require it regardless of what the destinations want

Yeah that's definitely me not going on a plane any time soon

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Could be fine for some people but they should prepare for an Amber country to become a Red country, requiring hotel quarantine on return. Plus you'd still need to get tested before flights.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Disappointingly it seems fab mods have deleted my post that was in this thread from earlier on... It seems to have been removed?

This is just a little electronic gravestone

By *oinus7378Couple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Even if Spain drop testing pre-arrival, the UK still require Pre-flight test and then PCR test within 2 days of arrival. I believe the pre-arrival test can be a lateral flow test. Do you have to book these in resort or can you just take one with you (supplied FOC from the UK government). If so how do you prove a negative test from one of these by way of certification. We're due to travel to Menorca in July. We will only travel if it moves to green and looks likely to remain that way. Obviously there's a risk it could change but I just find there's a lack of concrete information out there at present !

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

It's a little worrying not testing, how do we know if people,we are travelling with, or come into contact with, don't have the virus?

"It's a little worrying not testing, how do we know if people,we are travelling with, or come into contact with, don't have the virus?"
The PCR test is only 5% accurate because it only tests you of that minute so testing proves nothing, the best way to not be with others who might have it is to stay home.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Planes are germ incubators at the best of time. It’ll be like sitting in a long aluminium test tube.

Staycation for us for the forseeable.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It's a little worrying not testing, how do we know if people,we are travelling with, or come into contact with, don't have the virus?The PCR test is only 5% accurate because it only tests you of that minute so testing proves nothing, the best way to not be with others who might have it is to stay home. "
think you may have got your figures the wrong way around as all figures for pcr test seem to be about 94 to 96% accurate

chelmsford

"It's a little worrying not testing, how do we know if people,we are travelling with, or come into contact with, don't have the virus?The PCR test is only 5% accurate because it only tests you of that minute so testing proves nothing, the best way to not be with others who might have it is to stay home. "

Thank you for the advise, I feel that figure of 5% may be wrong though..

Where's the commom sense in that?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Where's the commom sense in that? "

In what ?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Fuck me everyone's going crazy six weeks from now I can see us being back to square one.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Even if Spain drop testing pre-arrival, the UK still require Pre-flight test and then PCR test within 2 days of arrival. I believe the pre-arrival test can be a lateral flow test. Do you have to book these in resort or can you just take one with you (supplied FOC from the UK government). If so how do you prove a negative test from one of these by way of certification. We're due to travel to Menorca in July. We will only travel if it moves to green and looks likely to remain that way. Obviously there's a risk it could change but I just find there's a lack of concrete information out there at present !"

This should answer your questions, but you cannot use a lft from here to prove a test result in another country before returning to UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

"Where's the commom sense in that?

In what ?"

In not testing anyone coming down from the UK.

We're still in a pandemic lol.

It hasn't gone.

It's like we keep going round in circles.

"Planes are germ incubators at the best of time. It’ll be like sitting in a long aluminium test tube.

Staycation for us for the forseeable."

We’ve spent about 45 hours inside airplanes in 2021 so far and have not caught anything. Isn’t the air filtration system meant to eliminate airborne particles ?

"Fuck me everyone's going crazy six weeks from now I can see us being back to square one.

"

Bit over dramatic don’t you think ? 6 weeks from now the vaccination drive is gonna be into the 20s age group isn’t it ? Hardly back to square one. The vast majority of adults will have been vaccinated including the high age bracket from where virtually all the deaths have come from.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Yes they do - you have to enter your PCR result into the the airline website before departure

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It doesnt change the uk,s stance when you return though."

By *oinus7378Couple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Even if Spain drop testing pre-arrival, the UK still require Pre-flight test and then PCR test within 2 days of arrival. I believe the pre-arrival test can be a lateral flow test. Do you have to book these in resort or can you just take one with you (supplied FOC from the UK government). If so how do you prove a negative test from one of these by way of certification. We're due to travel to Menorca in July. We will only travel if it moves to green and looks likely to remain that way. Obviously there's a risk it could change but I just find there's a lack of concrete information out there at present !

This should answer your questions, but you cannot use a lft from here to prove a test result in another country before returning to UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england"

No , airlines don’t require a negative test to travel

Yes they do - you have to enter your PCR result into the the airline website before departure "

I can only speak for BA and Qatar as they are the only airlines I’ve flown in the last 6 months but the reason they need the PCR test is only to comply with government rules. It’s not a rule they have imposed themselves. If they let you fly without one and you land in the UK where they didn’t check before you boarded then the airline faces heavy fines from the government.

Brighton

We've known for weeks that foreign travel would surge in May yet airports still aren't ready & there's no segregation of passengers arriving from Red List countries!

By *ommo60Man  over a year ago

STOCKPORT

it will all end in tears........yet again..use your fucking heads and just for once holiday in this country

"it will all end in tears........yet again..use your fucking heads and just for once holiday in this country "

This. ^

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"it will all end in tears........yet again..use your fucking heads and just for once holiday in this country "

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

And get ripped off. We don't help our selves in this country. I understand helping the economy but not when they are upping prices for no reason apart from demand and filling there own pockets.

I will have been vaccinated twice so when I go I should be ok. Otherwise the vaccine isn't working.

St Neots/Wisbech

"Planes are germ incubators at the best of time. It’ll be like sitting in a long aluminium test tube.

We’ve spent about 45 hours inside airplanes in 2021 so far and have not caught anything. Isn’t the air filtration system meant to eliminate airborne particles ?"

Planes have been proven to provide the best filtration systems for this exact reason.

"it will all end in tears........yet again..use your fucking heads and just for once holiday in this country

And get ripped off. We don't help our selves in this country. I understand helping the economy but not when they are upping prices for no reason apart from demand and filling there own pockets.

I will have been vaccinated twice so when I go I should be ok. Otherwise the vaccine isn't working."

that's the problem it's not about you

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"it will all end in tears........yet again..use your fucking heads and just for once holiday in this country

I will have been vaccinated twice so when I go I should be ok. Otherwise the vaccine isn't working."

Or the vaccine has the success rate widely published which is NOT 100%

By *tokie62Man  over a year ago

stoke-on-trent

some ridiculous posts on here.if you are uncomfortable with flying in this current climate then dont, but dont try to put other people off from escaping this covid nightmare. airplanes have a very efficient filtration system to minimise the risk i have spent 40+ hours in the air in the last 16 months and i havent caught anything. i for one am hoping that spain soon goes on the green list as i am desperate to get back to maspalomas

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

This really surprises me tbh. Obviously they must be desperate to get the holiday makers back.

Brighton

We’ve spent about 45 hours inside airplanes in 2021 so far and have not caught anything. Isn’t the air filtration system meant to eliminate airborne particles ?

Planes have been proven to provide the best filtration systems for this exact reason.

"

I stand (happily) corrected

St Neots/Wisbech

"This really surprises me tbh. Obviously they must be desperate to get the holiday makers back. "

Alternatively, they could well have conflicting advice and evidence that goes against the gloom and doom merchants called SAGE.

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

Not true.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Still on our amber list so you will need one before coming home also they may not ask for one but your airline will to let you fly

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"This really surprises me tbh. Obviously they must be desperate to get the holiday makers back.

Alternatively, they could well have conflicting advice and evidence that goes against the gloom and doom merchants called SAGE. "

True!

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Fuck me everyone's going crazy six weeks from now I can see us being back to square one.

"

But ofcourse...

That is because ultimately people are selfish

They dont use common sense just feel deprived of beer, travel etc etc

The message about limiting hugs is the same thing

Bottom line just because you can doesn't mean you should

??

The same people though will blame government if we have to have another tightening on things

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

This is crazy. Have we not learnt anything? Why do people want to go abroad? We will be bringing it back. We need a firewall of time before we can go abroad. There is plenty places in the UK to go on holiday.

We will be back at square one again very soon!

Personally I put people who travel abroad on a holiday in the same category that this country is putting unvaccinated people into.

Except these people are worse. As they are travelling abroad (jabbed up maybe) with full knowledge that the UK has a lot of unvaccinated people and that the vaccine does not stop you catching it and spreading it and bringing it back into this country.

It's ridiculous. Shut the bloody borders. Leave these people out there.

"This is crazy. Have we not learnt anything? Why do people want to go abroad? We will be bringing it back. We need a firewall of time before we can go abroad. There is plenty places in the UK to go on holiday.

We will be back at square one again very soon!

Personally I put people who travel abroad on a holiday in the same category that this country is putting unvaccinated people into.

Except these people are worse. As they are travelling abroad (jabbed up maybe) with full knowledge that the UK has a lot of unvaccinated people and that the vaccine does not stop you catching it and spreading it and bringing it back into this country.

It's ridiculous. Shut the bloody borders. Leave these people out there. "

How will people be bringing it back when they won’t be able to board their flight home without a negative test ????

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I stand (happily) corrected "

Sadly that’s not our experience. We were in Majorca when they locked down in March last year and flew home on one of the last flights. Within a couple of days we were contacted to say that two if the passengers on our flights had contracted Covid. They asked us to isolate and report any symptoms. Within a few days I had symptoms and tested positive and lot long after so did my other half. When we reported back our symptoms we were told that ‘ a large number of passengers’ on our flight had contracted Covid

chelmsford

I stand (happily) corrected Sadly that’s not our experience. We were in Majorca when they locked down in March last year and flew home on one of the last flights. Within a couple of days we were contacted to say that two if the passengers on our flights had contracted Covid. They asked us to isolate and report any symptoms. Within a few days I had symptoms and tested positive and lot long after so did my other half. When we reported back our symptoms we were told that ‘ a large number of passengers’ on our flight had contracted Covid "

Hopefully that won't happen now as you have to have a negative test to board a plane.

By *isexhotcoupleCouple  over a year ago

london

CDC last year reported 96% false readings that's not a debate anymore!

TV n media obviously not reporting it but it's a verified fact now!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

96% false readings is an astounding figure

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"96% false readings is an astounding figure "

If I believed that the vast majority of governments were that wildly incompetent, I'd be fucking terrified

"CDC last year reported 96% false readings that's not a debate anymore!

TV n media obviously not reporting it but it's a verified fact now!"

False readings of what?

chelmsford

"96% false readings is an astounding figure

If I believed that the vast majority of governments were that wildly incompetent, I'd be fucking terrified "

chelmsford

False readings of what?"

Yes..I wonder..

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

False readings of what?"

Tea leaves

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Do you think the uk airlines will require it regardless of what the destinations want"

Don't know but has any one tried to get travel insurance???

Wife is a flight nurse and it has gone right up for her

spain will accept you across the border without a negative test, but unless you own a holiday home you better get one anyway as no tourist accommodation is allowed to accept you without it in the 72 hours prior to arrival

» Add a new message to this topic