FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Australian covid antiviral hope

Australian covid antiviral hope

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Queensland researchers and a US team have developed an antiviral therapy that has killed off the COVID-19 viral load in infected mice by 99.9 per cent."

"Professor McMillan said although it was "not a cure", it was a therapy that could reduce the amount of virus in the lungs by 99.9 per cent, "so it is almost as good as a cure".

"It is really for those people who are suffering for example in ICU, where vaccines are too late," he said.

Professor McMillan said traditional antivirals like zanamivir and remdesivir reduced symptoms and helped people recover earlier.

"Where this therapy actually stops the virus replicating, so the body can repair itself and the recovery will be much quicker," he said.

"We basically should be able to eliminate people dying from this disease — if treated soon enough.

"It allows us to treat those people who are suffering from the virus who are very sick, or those who may perhaps be in danger of being exposed to the virus, such as those in hotel quarantine.

"They'd be assured they won't suffer from the disease itself." "

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Game changer if it's approved..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully the clinical trials will go well.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Fingers crossed for that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why would we want that? We have our own vaccine that is working brilliantly, can’t fault this one you can still catch the convid and still pass the convid on lol what a load of bollocks , so glad I’m not one of the fools who’s rushed into putting crap in my body

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Why would we want that? We have our own vaccine that is working brilliantly, can’t fault this one you can still catch the convid and still pass the convid on lol what a load of bollocks , so glad I’m not one of the fools who’s rushed into putting crap in my body "

It is yes..

It's cut hospitalisation by thousands, and countless people are alive now as opposed to four months ago when far too many were dying..

Whilst you clearly have not grasped yet how the vaccine works, surely that's a positive yes?

(btw if it's easier look at a modern car with all the safety features that save lives in RTC's now as opposed to when you and I were teenagers..) which don't stop the collision but give you a much better possible outcome..

» Add a new message to this topic