FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tier systems to be reintroduced

Tier systems to be reintroduced

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 10:00:13]

I love the virus section.... It gives me new people to keep the rest of my block list company....

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies ."

What lies?

Do you understand that the situation can change and they have to adapt according to the latest information?

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies ."

And we wonder why things like the Tier system may be being reintroduced.

Never done this, never done that.

Are you going not have the vaccine though?

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .

Are you going not have the vaccine though?"

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Guidelines change as situations change.

People who refuse to follow the guidelines are the prime reasons guidelines change.

One of the prime reasons for us still being in this situation are selfish, self centred, self absorbed people who flatly refuse to do the right thing.

E

The South

"I love the virus section.... It gives me new people to keep the rest of my block list company.... "

It's a great filter isn't it.

E

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .

People who refuse to follow the guidelines are the prime reasons guidelines change.

One of the prime reasons for us still being in this situation are selfish, self centred, self absorbed people who flatly refuse to do the right thing.

E"

They know best.. wonder if they will be crying at Departure gates at airport when the country they are going to want to see proof of vaccination..

You are right though, the British public are dicks..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I will continue to do all I can to help my local community. Whatever the law is. This isn't about me.

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you "

99.7% of who?

In the UK the fatality rate is 2.9%

But hey you keep dragging the timeline of restrictions being placed on the rest of us with your 'because I can' attitude.

Thanks.

The South

"If they havent tested the vaccine on animals then ask yourself why,or is it too difficult to research for yourself.

To assist you,try mike yeadon,ex vice president of pfizer."

The vaccine was tested on humans. That's a better indicator to my way of thinking.

Ex Vice President. My ex husband has plenty to say about me. Funny how that happens......

E

E"

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"If they havent tested the vaccine on animals then ask yourself why,or is it too difficult to research for yourself.

To assist you,try mike yeadon,ex vice president of pfizer.

The vaccine was tested on humans. That's a better indicator to my way of thinking.

Ex Vice President. My ex husband has plenty to say about me. Funny how that happens......

E"

It’s been tested on animals they all died

The South

E

It’s been tested on animals they all died "

No humans died.

Humans lives are being saved.

E

Flintshire

E

"

Is it hell ..... it’s not even about a bloody virus

By *issChief 200Woman  over a year ago

South West

Wow!

No vaccine for stuidity!

Another one for the block list!

Flintshire

E

No humans died.

3,000 people have died so far across Europe from the vaccination

E

"

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Mrs4 says can we now remove all the warning labels and let our problem sort it self out naturally using the well known "Darwin" theory ?? as she fed up to the back teeth of having to pay for the actions of the ....and somewhere a village is really missing theirs she reckons as well but agree Boris and Co have been pretty useless but what did anyone really expect ...being described as a Bin bag of custard by a ex lover ??

E

They know best.. wonder if they will be crying at Departure gates at airport when the country they are going to want to see proof of vaccination..

You are right though, the British public are dicks.."

Which country’s want proof ?? Sure I read Spain dont won’t proof ,

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

But they have.....

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Mind bit unkind to custard as both love the yellow stuff ?? any other fans of custard and not the shiny evil looking stuff that comes in tins either

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

E

No humans died.

E

"

Fake news..

The South

E

No humans died.

E

"

Utter nonsense. Total nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense.

And putting your comments inside my quotation marks to make it look like my comment isn't smart or clever.

E

Manchester (she/her)

I've done my research, ta.

The South

E

Is it hell ..... it’s not even about a bloody virus "

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

"I love the virus section.... It gives me new people to keep the rest of my block list company.... "

in Lancashire

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E"

Pandora's box of tin foilery about to be regurgitated..

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

E

True they all died because they were euthanised for pathology investigations to be performed. You do know that if any (all) animals had died from complications due to the vaccine that the human trials would have been stopped/suspended immediately

The South

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

Pandora's box of tin foilery about to be regurgitated.. "

I'm sitting comfortably for the story to begin......

E

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Wow you are true soldier comrade, never let government cloud your mind with their science and good advice, cyka blyat

in Lancashire

At a time when we have a new varient which might inhibit further opening up why are the disinformation spreaders still allowed to try and influence people to not get vaccinated and protect themselves and those around them?

It's socially irresponsible, negligent behaviour when the evidence to the contrary is less people hospitalised and less deaths..

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .this is pure conjecture get your facts right instead of jumping down Boris's throat you are

pathetic and showing a lack of intelligence"

Why not go and live in North Korea

in Lancashire

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

E"

Once upon a time I knew this person who met a 'doctor' who said..

The South

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you Then your a complete nasty ignorant selfish fool.

Time it was made compulsory

What like a communist state great you utter fool, I’ve no time for idiots like you bloody oxygen thief "

The irony of a contributor who proudly asserts that he's he's not followed a single word of Covid guidance from the beginning calling someone else an idiot.

The virus forum, the gift that keeps giving.

E

Really. ? A new one to the list. No words

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you "

JOKER

The South

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

E

Once upon a time I knew this person who met a 'doctor' who said.."

Strong opening. I'm on tenterhooks already.

What a gripping tale this is going to be.......

E

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you Then your a complete nasty ignorant selfish fool.

What like a communist state great you utter fool, I’ve no time for idiots like you bloody oxygen thief "

Nice to see you have learnt to be more Polite over the last year..

in Lancashire

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

E

Once upon a time I knew this person who met a 'doctor' who said..

Strong opening. I'm on tenterhooks already.

What a gripping tale this is going to be.......

E"

As they looked into the person's eyes, 'trust in me, trussst in meeee'

IDIOTS ? NOW THATS A JOKE. LOOK IN THE MIRROR. OH SORRY YOU JUST DID

The South

"At a time when we have a new varient which might inhibit further opening up why are the disinformation spreaders still allowed to try and influence people to not get vaccinated and protect themselves and those around them?

It's socially irresponsible, negligent behaviour when the evidence to the contrary is less people hospitalised and less deaths.."

I'm strongly against heavy handed censorship.

In the case of the Covidiots, their crackpot views and ridiculous conspiracy theories, delete, delete, delete.

I'm glad a lot of social media is taking a zero tolerance approach to this buffoonery, I wish Fab would take a stronger stance.

E

Bet your shit don't stink either...

when you need NHS or BUPA remember your attitude whilst they are saving your life. Might not be in next 2 months but could be 2 years, 5years. These people saved lives. Lives, probably of someone you know. Or did no one you know have Covid..

Ok bad boy... moaning about being part of the problem is ironic.

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 10:44:02]

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Your views make you part of the problem OP.

Manchester (she/her)

"Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .this is pure conjecture get your facts right instead of jumping down Boris's throat you are

pathetic and showing a lack of intelligence

Why not go and live in North Korea "

So people disagreeing with you should be persecuted?

It’s nice and friendly on here today , wow

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What are you complaining for if you have never stuck to it anyway?

What are you complaining for if you have never stuck to it anyway?"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok, no matter how idiotic that you think a post is, you can't attack people on the forum as it is against rules an you will be banned

Answer without the attacking please

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

The Mike Yeadon who In October, wrote a column for the United Kingdom’s Daily Mail newspaper where he declared that deaths caused by COVID-19, which then totaled about 45,000 in Britain, will soon “fizzle out” and Britons “should immediately be allowed to resume normal life.” Since then, the disease has killed about another 80,000 people in the UK.

Reuters published an extensive article about him:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

And this has been created by those who have been against the vaccine we have 2000 cases of the Indian variant and apparently those infected have been all age groups who have been against being vaccinated.

This is the reason fuckin it up for everyone

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

And he’s gone UNLOS

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And this has been created by those who have been against the vaccine we have 2000 cases of the Indian variant and apparently those infected have been all age groups who have been against being vaccinated.

This is the reason fuckin it up for everyone"

I don't like the way they are blaming unvaccinated people for this, there are lots of unvaccinated people anyway, whether they wanted it or not

That is a smokescreen because they didn't add India to a red list quick enough

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"And this has been created by those who have been against the vaccine we have 2000 cases of the Indian variant and apparently those infected have been all age groups who have been against being vaccinated.

I don't like the way they are blaming unvaccinated people for this, there are lots of unvaccinated people anyway, whether they wanted it or not

That is a smokescreen because they didn't add India to a red list quick enough"

They were saying they added India to the list before the new variant emerged.

I'm not sure how accurate this is tbh.

By *eneralPMan  over a year ago

other

"99.7% of who?

But hey you keep dragging the timeline of restrictions being placed on the rest of us with your 'because I can' attitude.

Thanks."

Hi, just for arguments sake I think it’s worth pointing out that the 2.9% is of people previously diagnosed with c19 in the previous 30 days. So if I get hit by a bus and die but at the start of May had a positive C19 test then that would be classed as a C19 death.

What is also vitally important to point out is - there is no measure of the mental health impact, the significant financial impact - sending many people spiralling into further poverty. Those deaths don’t count because those deaths don’t sell papers or protect voters.

I am not a C19 naysayer. Like anything though we all need to employ a little critical thinking and observe the situation rather than running away with the sensationalised ideas we are sold.

The total infection rate within the UK is 0.4% and, if you do some good quality research, you will find the the peaks come at the same time as other illnesses peak then naturally, as the weather changes, that peak subsides. However, what people think has happened is “lockdown number 3 successful!”. No, that really the case, correlation does not always imply causation.

Do I think the vulnerable, the people with underlying issues should have had the option to isolate over the previous 15 months, yes I do. Do I think that every other fit and well adult and child should have? No, that is nonsense on whole number of levels.

People are so far to each side of the argument that they can’t actually think critically.

in Lancashire

Ditto..

Once again they dithered..

Are they just saying that mainly unvaccinated people have been admitted to hospital with this variant? I'm not sure if it's the papers twisting it to create anger against unvaccinated people.

I feel it's a way of confirming that (so far) vaccinated people are being protected.

. And his gone ..............

other

I'm not sure how accurate this is tbh."

That’s a lie, Boris was meant to be going to India and there was a fuss because India was going through a world beating spike and it took him weeks to red list them.

other

This is the reason fuckin it up for everyone"

Are you being sarcastic? They released stats yesterday including people had tested positive for so called Indian variant and how many of those had been vaccinated either one jab or two.

Where did you even read that? The mind baffles

other

The Mike Yeadon who In October, wrote a column for the United Kingdom’s Daily Mail newspaper where he declared that deaths caused by COVID-19, which then totaled about 45,000 in Britain, will soon “fizzle out” and Britons “should immediately be allowed to resume normal life.” Since then, the disease has killed about another 80,000 people in the UK.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

"

The article says nothing about him. Nothing other than “scientist claims this by x model”. This isn’t some expose. Jesus.

liverpool

That’s a lie, Boris was meant to be going to India and there was a fuss because India was going through a world beating spike and it took him weeks to red list them. "

A lie..this gmnt...how dare you?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm not sure how accurate this is tbh."

To be fair I don't know, however we have all been watching India for weeks now and how much trouble they are in (Nepal is feeling the effects of it now ) but even when they did add it to the red list I think they let four more days worth of flights to come in without any quarantine. I am hoping the flights coming in daily now have to quarantine

By *rchitectMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

I guess this guy hasn’t lost a loved one to Covid. Whatever you might think it’s a killer and if you lost somebody you loved you would see it in a very different way.

E

No humans died.

E

"

Stoke

The article says nothing about him. Nothing other than “scientist claims this by x model”. This isn’t some expose. Jesus. "

of course it does. He said so many things that were not true. He said that the pandemic would fizzle out. It hasnt. He said that there wouldn’t be a second wave. There was. And it seems that he is quite bitter towards Pfizer.

"I guess this guy hasn’t lost a loved one to Covid. Whatever you might think it’s a killer and if you lost somebody you loved you would see it in a very different way."

That response lost its effectiveness many moons ago

liverpool

To be fair I don't know, however we have all been watching India for weeks now and how much trouble they are in (Nepal is feeling the effects of it now ) but even when they did add it to the red list I think they let four more days worth of flights to come in without any quarantine. I am hoping the flights coming in daily now have to quarantine"

Yep there was a 4 day lag from when they announced it,from when they enforced it.

However they were adamant on sat..the ban came in before they knew about it.Hanock released a statement.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Although... it was reported in the mainstream news a few days ago, in Bolton a large percentage of people currently hospitalised with the Indian variant were people who had not taken up the vaccine that had been offered to them.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

E

Absolute codswallop.

Go to the Medical Research Council website: "Impact of animal research in the COVID-19 response"

From Nature in May 2020, which describes success in monkeys: "Coronavirus vaccine trials have delivered their first results — but their promise is still unclear"

There's plenty more.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are they just saying that mainly unvaccinated people have been admitted to hospital with this variant? I'm not sure if it's the papers twisting it to create anger against unvaccinated people.

I feel it's a way of confirming that (so far) vaccinated people are being protected. "

They are reporting what Hancock said

other

The article says nothing about him. Nothing other than “scientist claims this by x model”. This isn’t some expose. Jesus.

of course it does. He said so many things that were not true. He said that the pandemic would fizzle out. It hasnt. He said that there wouldn’t be a second wave. There was. And it seems that he is quite bitter towards Pfizer.

"

I am aware that many people are unable to think critically or with any kind of idea that hasn’t been planted in their heads by mainstream media.

Who determines what the criteria is for a pandemic fizzling out? You, presumably you aren’t one of the worlds top scientists? Or, shock horror, somebody who does it for a living and appreciates that 18 months, on a planet that has had life form for billions of years? That is called perspective. Something missing from today’s proliferation of idiots...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are you being sarcastic? They released stats yesterday including people had tested positive for so called Indian variant and how many of those had been vaccinated either one jab or two.

Where did you even read that? The mind baffles"

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-variant-can-spread-like-wildfire-if-people-not-jabbed-but-confidence-vaccines-work-12307777

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair I don't know, however we have all been watching India for weeks now and how much trouble they are in (Nepal is feeling the effects of it now ) but even when they did add it to the red list I think they let four more days worth of flights to come in without any quarantine. I am hoping the flights coming in daily now have to quarantine

Yep there was a 4 day lag from when they announced it,from when they enforced it.

However they were adamant on sat..the ban came in before they knew about it.Hanock released a statement. "

It must be true then, they have never lied before so we need to believe them

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Wow!

No vaccine for stuidity!

Another one for the block list! "

Indeed - one of Fab’s most effective filters!

Well what a prat you are OP.

“User no longer on site”

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"I love the virus section.... It gives me new people to keep the rest of my block list company....

E"

Try the politics section. Even more of a minefield for self destruction!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"I guess this guy hasn’t lost a loved one to Covid. Whatever you might think it’s a killer and if you lost somebody you loved you would see it in a very different way.

That response lost its effectiveness many moons ago"

I'm sorry you feel that way.

This response will never lose its effectiveness for me.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I had honestly thought that all the antivaxers had put their tinfoil hats back on and crawled back into their holes waiting on the next big thing they can spout bollox about...

Obviously some people didn't get the memo..

Scunthorpe

"

Hi, just for arguments sake I think it’s worth pointing out that the 2.9% is of people previously diagnosed with c19 in the previous 30 days. So if I get hit by a bus and die but at the start of May had a positive C19 test then that would be classed as a C19 death.

What is also vitally important to point out is - there is no measure of the mental health impact, the significant financial impact - sending many people spiralling into further poverty. Those deaths don’t count because those deaths don’t sell papers or protect voters.

I am not a C19 naysayer. Like anything though we all need to employ a little critical thinking and observe the situation rather than running away with the sensationalised ideas we are sold.

The total infection rate within the UK is 0.4% and, if you do some good quality research, you will find the the peaks come at the same time as other illnesses peak then naturally, as the weather changes, that peak subsides. However, what people think has happened is “lockdown number 3 successful!”. No, that really the case, correlation does not always imply causation.

Do I think the vulnerable, the people with underlying issues should have had the option to isolate over the previous 15 months, yes I do. Do I think that every other fit and well adult and child should have? No, that is nonsense on whole number of levels.

People are so far to each side of the argument that they can’t actually think critically. "

There is a constant emphasis on the idea that it is people who have died within 28 days of a test. In reality though, the majority of people who are dying from covid are being hospitalised by it first. People are not getting a positive test and then getting his by a bus. Looking at the total increase in deaths during the covid situation demonstrates two things: The increase in deaths is actually higher than the "official tally" and, the spike in deaths closely follows the same curve that represents the official figures... further reinforcing the impact that the virus has truly had.

Cal

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Although... it was reported in the mainstream news a few days ago, in Bolton a large percentage of people currently hospitalised with the Indian variant were people who had not taken up the vaccine that had been offered to them."

Yeah it seems there was, as well as some who had had one jab and a person who had had two jabs.

I just don't like the narrative of blaming people for getting covid. Even the best of people who have stuck to all the rules could get it while off to buy the fish fingers for tea

You prefer prof fergusons false prediction then?

half million will die if no lockdown,turned out false,the same as his prediction for over a million deaths from mad cows desease,less than 500 died in the uk.

"

Note to self, stay away from the virus (thread on FAB)

Manchester (she/her)

half million will die if no lockdown,turned out false,the same as his prediction for over a million deaths from mad cows desease,less than 500 died in the uk.

"

Half a million people will die *without lockdown*.

There was a lockdown. So less than half a million people have died.

That's how conditional statements work.

If I jump off a tall building, I will break bones.

I didn't jump off a tall building. I don't break bones.

Huh, guess it's safe for bone health to jump off tall buildings.

Stoke

"

I do not prefer anyone’s false predictions. But the scientist in question got his predictions wrong.

Scunthorpe

"

"

How is it possible to say that the "estimate" of 500 deaths with no lockdown? The only way we could know how accurate the modelling was, is if we didn't do anything to respond to the situation.

We had several lockdowns and other restrictions, and the outcome has still been fairly grim.

Cal

The South

E

No humans died.

E

"

Do you have a link that supports your thumbs up to the "3,000 people have died so far across Europe from the vaccination"

I'd love to read it, thanks.

E

The South

"I guess this guy hasn’t lost a loved one to Covid. Whatever you might think it’s a killer and if you lost somebody you loved you would see it in a very different way.

That response lost its effectiveness many moons ago"

As someone who suffered family loss through Covid, that statement will never lose it's effectiveness or impact to me and the rest of the family.

I'm still surprised at how surprised I am by how callous some people can be.

E

Manchester (she/her)

"

How is it possible to say that the "estimate" of 500 deaths with no lockdown? The only way we could know how accurate the modelling was, is if we didn't do anything to respond to the situation.

We had several lockdowns and other restrictions, and the outcome has still been fairly grim.

Cal"

The "best case scenario" was 20k if I recall correctly.

So the prediction was between 20k and 500k.

I'm not seeing anything inaccurate here.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

What are you complaining for if you have never stuck to it anyway?"

Best point anyone has made so far!

That response lost its effectiveness many moons ago

As someone who suffered family loss through Covid, that statement will never lose it's effectiveness or impact to me and the rest of the family.

I'm still surprised at how surprised I am by how callous some people can be.

E"

I'm not surprised anymore.

"They were old anyway"

... and so disposable...?

"It's only a number"

No, that number is someone's sister, brother, daughter, son, mum, dad, grandad, aunt etc.

Scunthorpe

"

Cal

I'm not seeing anything inaccurate here."

The 500k figure was "if we do nothing" with we obviously didn't... so how anyone can decide that he "was wrong" confuses me slightly.

Scunthorpe

"

Cal

The 500k figure was "if we do nothing" with we obviously didn't... so how anyone can decide that he "was wrong" confuses me slightly. "

*which not "with"

Manchester (she/her)

"

Cal

The 500k figure was "if we do nothing" with we obviously didn't... so how anyone can decide that he "was wrong" confuses me slightly.

*which not "with""

See my comment above about buildings and bones.

We didn't do nothing. The death toll is under 500k.

I didn't jump off a building. I didn't break bones.

Stoke

I am aware that many people are unable to think critically or with any kind of idea that hasn’t been planted in their heads by mainstream media.

Who determines what the criteria is for a pandemic fizzling out? You, presumably you aren’t one of the worlds top scientists? Or, shock horror, somebody who does it for a living and appreciates that 18 months, on a planet that has had life form for billions of years? That is called perspective. Something missing from today’s proliferation of idiots... "

Do you habe to be a scientist to see that so far the pandemic has not fizzled out and that there was a second wave? Look all over the world, not just in the UK. Look at India. Does it seem that the pandemic has fizzled out and did not have a second wave? The Indian variant has already reached the UK. Whether it will have an impact or not in the UK is another story but the pandemic is not over yet. You may have a different opinion but this is my opinion.

Manchester (she/her)

Who determines what the criteria is for a pandemic fizzling out? You, presumably you aren’t one of the worlds top scientists? Or, shock horror, somebody who does it for a living and appreciates that 18 months, on a planet that has had life form for billions of years? That is called perspective. Something missing from today’s proliferation of idiots...

Do you habe to be a scientist to see that so far the pandemic has not fizzled out and that there was a second wave? Look all over the world, not just in the UK. Look at India. Does it seem that the pandemic has fizzled out and did not have a second wave? The Indian variant has already reached the UK. Whether it will have an impact or not in the UK is another story but the pandemic is not over yet. You may have a different opinion but this is my opinion."

Yeah it sounds like "you're not a scientist, he is, therefore you can't say he was wrong despite the evidence"

My expertise is history. If you tell me, say, that the Parthenon in Athens was largely reconstructed in the early 20th century after it was used as an ammunition store and blown up, and I tell you you're wrong - it doesn't matter how many letters I have after my name or how closely related my field was or was not to that. Because that did in fact happen.

Follow evidence first and foremost.

Newcastle

I understand your point, but I also find it difficult to understand that people think it's safe to travel abroad when their is a global pandemic, and not even taking into consideration amount of people vaccinated in each country, it's upsetting to understand that people put the need to travel before the safety or not even thinking about the dangers. Whilst it might be ok to blame the government people also have a choice and making the correct decision, knowing the circumstances we are all in including the number of deaths related to this virus.

It's like the saying guy jumps over the cliff do you follow or question why, what would be gained by it.

Manchester (she/her)

I understand your point, but I also find it difficult to understand that people think it's safe to travel abroad when their is a global pandemic, and not even taking into consideration amount of people vaccinated in each country, it's upsetting to understand that people put the need to travel before the safety or not even thinking about the dangers. Whilst it might be ok to blame the government people also have a choice and making the correct decision, knowing the circumstances we are all in including the number of deaths related to this virus.

It's like the saying guy jumps over the cliff do you follow or question why, what would be gained by it."

I certainly wouldn't. But that's why we have a government - to guide us

Stoke

Do you habe to be a scientist to see that so far the pandemic has not fizzled out and that there was a second wave? Look all over the world, not just in the UK. Look at India. Does it seem that the pandemic has fizzled out and did not have a second wave? The Indian variant has already reached the UK. Whether it will have an impact or not in the UK is another story but the pandemic is not over yet. You may have a different opinion but this is my opinion.

Yeah it sounds like "you're not a scientist, he is, therefore you can't say he was wrong despite the evidence"

My expertise is history. If you tell me, say, that the Parthenon in Athens was largely reconstructed in the early 20th century after it was used as an ammunition store and blown up, and I tell you you're wrong - it doesn't matter how many letters I have after my name or how closely related my field was or was not to that. Because that did in fact happen.

Follow evidence first and foremost."

so your logic based on evidence says that the pandemic fizzled out and there was not a second wave? You told me of your personal opinion about the Parthenon. Now tell me what do you think about the Pandemic.

Manchester (she/her)

so your logic based on evidence says that the pandemic fizzled out and there was not a second wave? You told me of your personal opinion about the Parthenon. Now tell me what do you think about the Pandemic."

No, my logic based on evidence is that the pandemic did not fizzle out. Even though a scientist said it did or it would.

The evidence says that the Parthenon was reconstructed in the early 20th century, as I said. If an historian tells you it was not, trust the evidence, not the person.

To be fair I don't know, however we have all been watching India for weeks now and how much trouble they are in (Nepal is feeling the effects of it now ) but even when they did add it to the red list I think they let four more days worth of flights to come in without any quarantine. I am hoping the flights coming in daily now have to quarantine"

Im still puzzled why flights at any time over the past few months where allowed in or out when nobody could travel. Maybe you can all explain because I know friends who can't leave India under any circumstances so this really puzzles me. Only a few weeks ago in milton keynes there were 200 or more Asians having a family party and no social distance. Strangely milton keynes is now suffering the indian variant. How do I know? My family live there and we saw it. So have rules been for some and not for others. This could have all been contained but no we all know better. I speak metaphorically. We are each responsible for our own lives and our family to protect each other. Why can't we just do that. No flights in no flights out. Simple? Isn't it? But all too late when they stopped

Stoke

so your logic based on evidence says that the pandemic fizzled out and there was not a second wave? You told me of your personal opinion about the Parthenon. Now tell me what do you think about the Pandemic.

No, my logic based on evidence is that the pandemic did not fizzle out. Even though a scientist said it did or it would.

The evidence says that the Parthenon was reconstructed in the early 20th century, as I said. If an historian tells you it was not, trust the evidence, not the person."

This is what I am saying. The pandemic has not fizzled out yet. I was just commenting on what that ex vp of Phizer said because he was mentioned as an authority by someone.

"99.7% of who?

Thanks.

People are so far to each side of the argument that they can’t actually think critically. "

That’s just not true, during both lockdowns you can clearly see that once instigated the positive cases took a downward turn. Given a few weeks that would then in turn impact admission rates and again given time death rates would reduce. It’s got to the point where any NHs unit dealing with covid watches the local infection rates like a hawk. It’s why when Andy Burnham and Borris where having there set to whilst Northern souls most of our staff where in disbelief at Mr Burnham delaying a city wide lockdown.

Lockdowns aren’t popular, I’ve hated each and every one but they are in reality the only means to apply the brakes to infection rates when they spiral. To wish that away as a fact is just stupidity to be honest. We came so close on two occasions as a country to generating the scenes we’ve seen in Italy and more recently India. Saving the lives of people with severe covid is an epic struggle regardless of their age, as soon as you have more patients than you can treat they’d just die in droves... that’s the sad reality.

Newcastle

It's like the saying guy jumps over the cliff do you follow or question why, what would be gained by it.

I certainly wouldn't. But that's why we have a government - to guide us"

It's great we do have someone to guide us all,but each person should still think,is this information correct, should we act upon it, would it be safe to do so, especially when you have the words like still be cautious.

This alone brings a huge concern because I'm sure many will ignore this be cautious.

Manchester (she/her)

The evidence says that the Parthenon was reconstructed in the early 20th century, as I said. If an historian tells you it was not, trust the evidence, not the person.

This is what I am saying. The pandemic has not fizzled out yet. I was just commenting on what that ex vp of Phizer said because he was mentioned as an authority by someone."

Yes - we agree.

If I tell you the Parthenon was not reconstructed in the early 20th century, that Pericles did not die in the Athenian plague, or that there was not medieval graffiti in the Parthenon celebrating using it for Mary not that whore Athena - my qualifications are legit, and even in that area, but I'm full of shit.

"I love the virus section.... It gives me new people to keep the rest of my block list company....

E"

Been using it for months....

Newcastle

We went into lockdown because things got way out of hand people weren't listening to the advice given by the government so we were forced into lockdown and the added fines which were introduced

Where's OP gone?

"We went into lockdown because things got way out of hand people weren't listening to the advice given by the government so we were forced into lockdown and the added fines which were introduced"

In fairness I think we went into lockdown because the infection rate spiralled. I don’t agree with the ‘people weren’t listing to advice’, c19 transmission is so easy to occur, it isn’t reliant on brash or stupid actions to transmit. Sometimes I feel we need to blame the virus, not each other, not the government.

"Where's OP gone? "

To his angry place?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Who’s telling the lies? Vireses can’t spread without people, it’s selfish dumb fuckery that enabled the virus to keep spreading and prolonged the lockdown restrictions for all of us. Never maturing into a socially responsible adult is really nothing to be proud about.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I do get what you are saying but it is swings and roundabouts.. if the travel was allowed then people will do it. Personally I wouldn't of but it is allowed because the Gov said it was. If it was on a red list sooner we would have had less people travelling

other

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-variant-can-spread-like-wildfire-if-people-not-jabbed-but-confidence-vaccines-work-12307777"

So the article says “the vast majority” which isn’t all people. Really important that we don’t spread mis-information. Also “the vast majority” is purposefully not specific as to cause panic..

liverpool

Who’s telling the lies? Vireses can’t spread without people, it’s selfish dumb fuckery that enabled the virus to keep spreading and prolonged the lockdown restrictions for all of us. Never maturing into a socially responsible adult is really nothing to be proud about."

Then we have a selfish dumb fucker running the country.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Im still puzzled why flights at any time over the past few months where allowed in or out when nobody could travel. Maybe you can all explain because I know friends who can't leave India under any circumstances so this really puzzles me. Only a few weeks ago in milton keynes there were 200 or more Asians having a family party and no social distance. Strangely milton keynes is now suffering the indian variant. How do I know? My family live there and we saw it. So have rules been for some and not for others. This could have all been contained but no we all know better. I speak metaphorically. We are each responsible for our own lives and our family to protect each other. Why can't we just do that. No flights in no flights out. Simple? Isn't it? But all too late when they stopped"

It is all a big puzzle as to why so many people were travelling in an out when we were in lockdown yes. I know there were some reasons of why you could ( but don't know which as I didn't look it up on account of not planning on travelling )

Newcastle

"We went into lockdown because things got way out of hand people weren't listening to the advice given by the government so we were forced into lockdown and the added fines which were introduced

In fairness I think we went into lockdown because the infection rate spiralled. I don’t agree with the ‘people weren’t listing to advice’, c19 transmission is so easy to occur, it isn’t reliant on brash or stupid actions to transmit. Sometimes I feel we need to blame the virus, not each other, not the government."

I'm just going by Boris own statement back then, and because yes the virus was lurking around people just carried on as normal without a concern,so rules were put in place including wearing masks in stores, keeping our distance from others and so on when I walk through my town centre they have marked the path so people could avoid each other but folk can't even stick to a simple task,I know myself what I'd do if someone invaded my space, and the law would be on my side since it's a rule to be followed

By *eedAbuse4HubbyCouple  over a year ago

North West

E"

Well said that lady. My thoughts exactly! X

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"We went into lockdown because things got way out of hand people weren't listening to the advice given by the government so we were forced into lockdown and the added fines which were introduced

In fairness I think we went into lockdown because the infection rate spiralled. I don’t agree with the ‘people weren’t listing to advice’, c19 transmission is so easy to occur, it isn’t reliant on brash or stupid actions to transmit. Sometimes I feel we need to blame the virus, not each other, not the government.

"

This is what I have been trying to say, it is like people are being pitted against each other, although I do blame the Gov for the mistakes and corruption

Newcastle

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-variant-can-spread-like-wildfire-if-people-not-jabbed-but-confidence-vaccines-work-12307777

So the article says “the vast majority” which isn’t all people. Really important that we don’t spread mis-information. Also “the vast majority” is purposefully not specific as to cause panic.. "

Jabbed or not any person can still be a carrier everyone's immune system is different I don't believe everything needed to be vaccinated but given the cost and time it's easier to vaccinated.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So the article says “the vast majority” which isn’t all people. Really important that we don’t spread mis-information. Also “the vast majority” is purposefully not specific as to cause panic.. "

To be fair he didn't say all, but then neither did he say some. I was just copying the link that was saying unvaccinated people had caught it

"This is what I have been trying to say, it is like people are being pitted against each other, although I do blame the Gov for the mistakes and corruption"

As a group of staff in the first 6 months of covid we spent every second with patients who had covid wearing hard PPE, washing our hands faces etc to the point where they would blister... we where meticulous in what we did, we where double checked by each other throughout, we tested regularly.

Come the end of that period, over 80% of us had acquired covid despite every precaution. That’s the reality of how easy it is to transmit. Yes we are in an environment where we know the virus exists but measures designed to keep the likes of Ebola at bay weren’t good enough to protect the majority.

How dare Boris protect us from a worldwide deadly virus

"

This is what I have been trying to say, it is like people are being pitted against each other, although I do blame the Gov for the mistakes and corruption"

And yes Boris is an absolute cocked make no mistake but... there’s a lot of stuff any alternative government would have also nose dived on.

The Tories gambled big on vaccination, in truth that has cashed in for them in a grand style. They’ve got away with a lot of very bad calls because of that.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Awww look

. He has left

very well done im same its all about control not a virus but figures adjusted so everyone gets jab and chiped into a robot

By *isty24Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

Well said u

The South

very well done im same its all about control not a virus but figures adjusted so everyone gets jab and chiped into a robot"

Worldwide 164 million people have caught Covid.

Worldwide 3,390,000 people have died of Covid.

How high would those numbers have to be for you to begin thinking it might actually be about the Covid virus?

E

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

I’m all for people choosing NOT to take the vaccine, who are we to tell them what they should and shouldn’t do? it’s a free country after all....

That said, I think it’s an excellent way of natural selection, hope they do catch it and if they were eligible for the vaccine, tough! No treatment for you, just go away and die! And thus also brings in the vaccine permits, if you have been vaccinated, your welcome to come and go where you please, welcome in shops, pubs, restaurants, flights etc etc...oh haven’t got the vaccinated card? Sorry no entry for you!

As for attacking Boris! I’d like to see anyone else do the job better, what would you have done SFA! Utter nonsense!!!!

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

You are everything the government love

You clearly don't read decent newspapers or watch the news and understand it

At no point has this arse of a government ever promised anything to do with Covid ( they generally don't promise anything they know won't win elections anyway)

So you or anyone else can never say you were lied to

Secondly by not following rules wearing masks etc you play right into their hands because they will blame you and people like you for any changes to plans..

That's how this government works.. They don't take responsibility and throw anything iffy back over the wall

So well done for doing exactly what they expect you to

And not we done from the rest of us who think anyone not sticking to the rules is a bit of a Dick frankly

Educate yourself my friend , rise up, read, learn and debate things instead of taking what the daily mail tells you to think and don't be the impressionable compliant fool this government expects you and the rest of us to be

liverpool

How dare Boris protect us from a worldwide deadly virus"

Over 120,000 dead.

Newcastle

These articles are also written by someone else whilst someone saying something live papers sell stories and not always the true facts

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I’m all for people choosing NOT to take the vaccine, who are we to tell them what they should and shouldn’t do? it’s a free country after all....

That said, I think it’s an excellent way of natural selection, hope they do catch it and if they were eligible for the vaccine, tough! No treatment for you, just go away and die! And thus also brings in the vaccine permits, if you have been vaccinated, your welcome to come and go where you please, welcome in shops, pubs, restaurants, flights etc etc...oh haven’t got the vaccinated card? Sorry no entry for you!

As for attacking Boris! I’d like to see anyone else do the job better, what would you have done SFA! Utter nonsense!!!!"

Genuinely think I could have done better than Boris!most of us could at this stage!

Its not hard..

He just won't listen or watch what other people do!

By *ithesea1972Couple  over a year ago

york

Pmsl

Newcastle

Then we have censorship what is or isn't but made to believe, and never always the truth. because this would cause havoc.

It was lovely reading way back, people quickly to judge China for the virus without knowing the facts.now we are all in this together and together can pull through this or go back and forth...

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"I’m all for people choosing NOT to take the vaccine, who are we to tell them what they should and shouldn’t do? it’s a free country after all....

As for attacking Boris! I’d like to see anyone else do the job better, what would you have done SFA! Utter nonsense!!!!"

This thread just highlights the nastiest in people and the judgement. Don’t chat covid unless you agree with the majority is the outcome.

Maybe all fat people, unhealthy, drinkers, smokers etc all be refused NHS treatment cause they did it to themselves. Didn’t get the flu jab? You too.... the list would be huge.

Maybe swingers for playing roulette their sexual health should be condemn too.

Actually just throw all the obese and old on the fire so we can all get back to our lives

other

I think now is time to bring this thread to a close. I will summarise;

We now all agree that if you vote Tory you have serious issues. Unless you are mega rich you have no place hating Tories.

Admin: now I have summarised you can close this thread. Thank you and goodnight!

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"

Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies ."

" By (user no longer on site) "

What a surprise

Newcastle

"

Looks like Boris the clown and his Merry fuckwits , are going to reintroduce local tier lockdowns because of the India convid , according to news feed this morning , so much for no more lockdowns , well I for one will be ignoring all government guidelines like I have from the start , not worn a mask and never will I go where I want in the country ! Because I can , enough is enough now sick of all the lies .

By (user no longer on site)

What a surprise "

I know I done this myself and leave a comment,but if an op leaves wouldn't it be more sensible to close the thread as it doesn't become a debate

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 19:50:54]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

What a surprise

I know I done this myself and leave a comment,but if an op leaves wouldn't it be more sensible to close the thread as it doesn't become a debate"

You don't need the OP joining in to debate

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

You do talk shite,if you cant contribute to the debate then go read a comic."

And if you can't be civil maybe don't post

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So the article says “the vast majority” which isn’t all people. Really important that we don’t spread mis-information. Also “the vast majority” is purposefully not specific as to cause panic..

These articles are also written by someone else whilst someone saying something live papers sell stories and not always the true facts"

There is a video on it of Matt Hancock saying it, the article then repeated it

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I thought the reason we had national restrictions in place, was due to the local restrictions not working.

Agreed!

Newcastle

"

What a surprise

I know I done this myself and leave a comment,but if an op leaves wouldn't it be more sensible to close the thread as it doesn't become a debate

You don't need the OP joining in to debate "

Would've been nice to know when to jump in most Put over to you guys

"

99.7% of who?

Thanks."

2.9% of the UK's population is 1,943,000. I really dont think this amount of people have died in the UK, not even close.

Manchester (she/her)

"

99.7% of who?

Thanks.

2.9% of the UK's population is 1,943,000. I really dont think this amount of people have died in the UK, not even close."

Fatality rate of those infected.

By *an SummersMan  over a year ago

Halifax

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 23:06:40]

Halifax

"99.7% of who?

Thanks.

So then, just for arguments sake, as you say, are fewer people being hit by busses within 28 days of a positive Covid test now than they were in, say, December? Or, do you think your first paragraph is actually a load of rubbish?

Newcastle

I thought I'd just add some additional information as I heard anyone going abroad, this should be a valid reason either seeing families, funeral, or something else which is important, and shouldn't be for the sake of Just a holiday, as the money program stated this evening...

Nope not having it , been offered it twice now, it’s a no thanks from me , I’ll take my chance with the 99.7 percent thank you

99.7% of who?

Thanks."

LOL No he means the 99.7% survival rate if he contracts it, the experimental injections only offer around 95-96%.

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

Please tell me that no one actually believed Johnson when he said no more lockdown? The man is a compulsive liar and will say anything to be popular.

We do not believe anything that comes out of his or his governments mouth.

I reckon this is why the virus has been handled so poorly, public health and politics, in particular this type of gov do not mix.

Stay safe and enjoy the very limited freedom you have. By the time June comes we will be being controlled again.

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E"

It's all about the usual culprit, Money. Big pharma is set to make Trillions globally with 'No Liability' contracts, with little or no safety testing. Bashed out in 9 months when it usually takes 12 years!

Expect to start taking your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and ongoing booster shots every year.

Just follow the money its that simple.

liverpool

"Please tell me that no one actually believed Johnson when he said no more lockdown? The man is a compulsive liar and will say anything to be popular.

I reckon this is why the virus has been handled so poorly, public health and politics, in particular this type of gov do not mix.

Stay safe and enjoy the very limited freedom you have. By the time June comes we will be being controlled again. "

Without getting into politics, millions of people seem to believe him,judging by those election results.

Many people also believe he has handled the pandemic well

"Please tell me that no one actually believed Johnson when he said no more lockdown? The man is a compulsive liar and will say anything to be popular.

Stay safe and enjoy the very limited freedom you have. By the time June comes we will be being controlled again.

Without getting into politics, millions of people seem to believe him,judging by those election results.

"

This is a point I was trying to explain this to someone yesterday. So much disust and anger towards Boris yet in local elections the other week the Torys won big.. and it will be the same in main Election if he called one now..

If the opposition didn't have Corbyn, Abbott and now Starmer then maybe it would be a different matter.

So let me pre empt this by saying I cannot stand Boris.

But on this occasion I think he has it spot on. He isn't ruling anything out and wants to see if the Indian variant can evade the vaccines. Hospital numbers have risen slightly since last week and people on ventilation has stayed steady. Interestingly enough it looks as though that is from people who chose not to be vaccinated (even those with one dose is very low)

As a society we have to make a decision, do we keep being restricted because people choose not to have the vaccine. Or do we let them get sick and die. The data of how many vaccinated to unvaccinated people in hospital needs to be released.

Also contriversial. If people continue to refuse the vaccine. Do we still treat them for free. That's a very difficult question but one that needs answering. Sooner rather than later

"So let me pre empt this by saying I cannot stand Boris.

But on this occasion I think he has it spot on. He isn't ruling anything out and wants to see if the Indian variant can evade the vaccines. Hospital numbers have risen slightly since last week and people on ventilation has stayed steady. Interestingly enough it looks as though that is from people who chose not to be vaccinated (even those with one dose is very low)

As a society we have to make a decision, do we keep being restricted because people choose not to have the vaccine. Or do we let them get sick and die. The data of how many vaccinated to unvaccinated people in hospital needs to be released.

Also contriversial. If people continue to refuse the vaccine. Do we still treat them for free. That's a very difficult question but one that needs answering. Sooner rather than later"

Completely agree, if rates in an area go up then the sensible approach is to apply restrictions in that area. You can’t see rates increase and allow people to mingle in pubs/bars etc.

We still have a vast majority of the 40’s still unvaccinated and the risks to the wider population are too high. Covid is constantly mutating and the last thing we need is a further strain that the vaccination may not be as effective against.

I’m optimistic that this won’t be needed, but Boris (who I think has mishandled the whole thing badly) has done the right thing stating this

Fucking moronic attitude

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I thought I'd just add some additional information as I heard anyone going abroad, this should be a valid reason either seeing families, funeral, or something else which is important, and shouldn't be for the sake of Just a holiday, as the money program stated this evening... "

Apart from you shouldn’t be travelling to an amber or red country, there are no restrictions now on the reason someone leaves the country.

liverpool

This is a point I was trying to explain this to someone yesterday. So much disust and anger towards Boris yet in local elections the other week the Torys won big.. and it will be the same in main Election if he called one now..

If the opposition didn't have Corbyn, Abbott and now Starmer then maybe it would be a different matter."

I doubt it.

I'm often hearing comments about the government being inadequate or not fit for purpose, we're all completely free to agree or disagree with the way things have been handled. I dont agree in calling people fuck wits or whatever else. The situation is being dealt with in a way decided best, maybe not perfect but the way I see it, things are slowly heading in the right direction, more so than a few other countries. So another government might of handled things better, they might of also made a bigger fuck up of things. Hindsight is an amazing tool. My attitude is to play my part, do what I can to protect others and hope for a brighter future

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

In response to the op who lobbed his grenade and then disappeared. Local restrictions make perfect sense where needed. And I'd suggest with the indian variant it is very much needed. The alternatives are presumably...

A) do nothing

B) lock down the whole country which would include areas which have managed high vaccine up takes and low infection rates.

But... I was pondering where the dates were selected for the unlockdown plan.? Seems to me they are entirely arbitrary and not linked with anything thta we have been focused on for the last year.

Should we unlock when all have been vaccinated? Nope

When infections (or deaths or hospitalisations) are at a particular level ? Nope

When there are no outbreaks? Nope

When we have evidence of a border control system that works and a track and trace system that is being enforced.? Nope

When the risks are at a particular level? Nope

So we pick an arbitrary date where the age group of those most mobile and most socialising have not been vaccinated are encouraged to holiday and party and socialise, with no plan or target dates for completing the vaccine program. Where we have evidence that the hospitalisations are those who have nor been / have refused the vaccine? It makes no sense to me.

I'm not in anyway suggesting we should be locked down forever but it would be more comforting, more credible if we had picked dates for unlocking which were based on certain things being achieved or avoided rather than an arbitrary date.

Manchester (she/her)

"In response to the op who lobbed his grenade and then disappeared. Local restrictions make perfect sense where needed. And I'd suggest with the indian variant it is very much needed. The alternatives are presumably...

A) do nothing

B) lock down the whole country which would include areas which have managed high vaccine up takes and low infection rates.

But... I was pondering where the dates were selected for the unlockdown plan.? Seems to me they are entirely arbitrary and not linked with anything thta we have been focused on for the last year.

Should we unlock when all have been vaccinated? Nope

When infections (or deaths or hospitalisations) are at a particular level ? Nope

When there are no outbreaks? Nope

When we have evidence of a border control system that works and a track and trace system that is being enforced.? Nope

When the risks are at a particular level? Nope

So we pick an arbitrary date where the age group of those most mobile and most socialising have not been vaccinated are encouraged to holiday and party and socialise, with no plan or target dates for completing the vaccine program. Where we have evidence that the hospitalisations are those who have nor been / have refused the vaccine? It makes no sense to me.

I'm not in anyway suggesting we should be locked down forever but it would be more comforting, more credible if we had picked dates for unlocking which were based on certain things being achieved or avoided rather than an arbitrary date. "

It was supposed to be data not dates. If the data follows, then things will happen not before these dates.

I think that got lost.

Halifax

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

It's all about the usual culprit, Money. Big pharma is set to make Trillions globally with 'No Liability' contracts, with little or no safety testing. Bashed out in 9 months when it usually takes 12 years!

Just follow the money its that simple. "

It’s only a development of existing vaccines. Scientists have been researching coronavirus for 50yrs or more; recently SARS, MERS etc. And because it was a global pandemic research has been shared globally, rather than a race between the big labs to produce the first, it’s been a joint effort.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

It’s only a development of existing vaccines. Scientists have been researching coronavirus for 50yrs or more; recently SARS, MERS etc. And because it was a global pandemic research has been shared globally, rather than a race between the big labs to produce the first, it’s been a joint effort. "

^^^This. Additionally, mRNA vaccines have been possible since the late 1980s but despite promising evidence earlier on, were not taken into mainstream use until now. However there are reams of data on previously investigated mRNA technology that underpinned the mRNA vaccines that have been developed for COVID.

Manchester (she/her)

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

It’s only a development of existing vaccines. Scientists have been researching coronavirus for 50yrs or more; recently SARS, MERS etc. And because it was a global pandemic research has been shared globally, rather than a race between the big labs to produce the first, it’s been a joint effort.

^^^This. Additionally, mRNA vaccines have been possible since the late 1980s but despite promising evidence earlier on, were not taken into mainstream use until now. However there are reams of data on previously investigated mRNA technology that underpinned the mRNA vaccines that have been developed for COVID. "

It's got a fascinating history. I've read a little

Scunthorpe

"

The old "follow the money" line always amuses me, as if anyone here has any idea about what money is going where. It's not as if you've some sort of secret bank account access or knowledge of what portion of the cost of a vaccine is production cost and what is profit (not much)... realistically the only research that has been done is reading someone else's Facebook post.

In this case though, there is the little issue that "Big Pharma" are actually not that keen on vaccines. Vaccines are generally a low value and short use treatment. They produce a fraction of the profits that most other treatments do. Big pharma like those treatments that you need to take three times a day for the rest of your life, treatments that they can charge thousands of pounds a dose for, not just the £3.50 that the AstraZenaca vaccine costs.

There is also the FACT that at least two of the vaccine producing companies are providing their vaccines at cost (zero profit), the old "follow the money" argument just seems like a rather tired cliché

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"

The old "follow the money" line always amuses me, as if anyone here has any idea about what money is going where. It's not as if you've some sort of secret bank account access or knowledge of what portion of the cost of a vaccine is production cost and what is profit (not much)... realistically the only research that has been done is reading someone else's Facebook post.

In this case though, there is the little issue that "Big Pharma" are actually not that keen on vaccines. Vaccines are generally a low value and short use treatment. They produce a fraction of the profits that most other treatments do. Big pharma like those treatments that you need to take three times a day for the rest of your life, treatments that they can charge thousands of pounds a dose for, not just the £3.50 that the AstraZenaca vaccine costs.

There is also the FACT that at least two of the vaccine producing companies are providing their vaccines at cost (zero profit), the old "follow the money" argument just seems like a rather tired cliché

Cal"

But there's a secret something that governments everywhere have missed or have kept a secret (governments keep secrets? ) and regular people online know. Because... reasons. Evidence is for sheeple

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 20/05/21 06:48:49]

Newcastle

"I thought I'd just add some additional information as I heard anyone going abroad, this should be a valid reason either seeing families, funeral, or something else which is important, and shouldn't be for the sake of Just a holiday, as the money program stated this evening...

Apart from you shouldn’t be travelling to an amber or red country, there are no restrictions now on the reason someone leaves the country. "

Only reason laid out to travel to red and amber were for visiting family funeral or second home, and on return must stay in a hotel to be tested and pay the amount for this period.

Stoke

E

Enlighten us all.

What is it about?

E

The follow the money is a bit simplistic. Major world economies are bleeding hundreds of billions for Phizer and some other Big Farma to make a few tens of billions in 2021. This follow the money argument does not make sense.

Demand for Pfizer's Covid vaccine could bolster its revenues for years, the US drugs giant has said.

Pfizer said it was expecting "durable demand" for the vaccine, in a similar way to flu vaccines.

In the first three months of 2021, the vaccine generated revenues of $3.5bn (£2.5bn) as governments scrambled to try to contain the pandemic.

Revenue from the treatment is expected to hit $26bn this year - accounting for more than one third of Pfizer's sales.

The forecast is based on already-signed contracts for 1.6 billion vaccine doses to be delivered this year.

Pfizer said it expected to sign more deals this year, and was in supply talks with several countries for 2022 and beyond.

Covid vaccines: Will drug companies make bumper profits?

"Based on what we've seen, we believe that a durable demand for our Covid-19 vaccine - similar to that of the flu vaccines - is a likely outcome," said chief executive Albert Bourla.

The two-shot vaccine was Pfizer's top-selling product in the first quarter.

Expenses and profit from the vaccine are split 50-50 between Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech.

Pfizer and fellow US firm Moderna profit from their vaccines, while AstraZeneca and US giant Johnson & Johnson are supplying theirs at cost price while the pandemic continues.

Manchester (she/her)

To the extent I agree money is an important thing here, we should be looking at why more vaccines aren't being produced at cost. I don't know why patent protection is being prioritised over the lives of millions or even billions of people who don't live in parts of the world who can access vaccines like we can.

We, the people, funded this. I'm not saying the companies shouldn't make money - but to protect an asset that the public underwrote is obscene, particularly in this kind of crisis.

"99.7% of who?

Thanks.

People are so far to each side of the argument that they can’t actually think critically.

That’s just not true, during both lockdowns you can clearly see that once instigated the positive cases took a downward turn. Given a few weeks that would then in turn impact admission rates and again given time death rates would reduce. It’s got to the point where any NHs unit dealing with covid watches the local infection rates like a hawk. It’s why when Andy Burnham and Borris where having there set to whilst Northern souls most of our staff where in disbelief at Mr Burnham delaying a city wide lockdown.

Lockdowns aren’t popular, I’ve hated each and every one but they are in reality the only means to apply the brakes to infection rates when they spiral. To wish that away as a fact is just stupidity to be honest. We came so close on two occasions as a country to generating the scenes we’ve seen in Italy and more recently India. Saving the lives of people with severe covid is an epic struggle regardless of their age, as soon as you have more patients than you can treat they’d just die in droves... that’s the sad reality. "