FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will we lockdown again

Will we lockdown again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 15:31:28]

Keep the fear going best way to keep the plebs in there place, nothing controls people better than fear.

Don’t listen to all the crap the media are writing , we will be fine everything will open up on the 21st , because if it doesn’t there will be riots

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS  over a year ago

Burbage Wiltshire

Let the riots begin

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

With the most vulnerable who would be likely to get serious illness or die, vaccinated, why would a rise cause more lockdowns?

The NHS won't be overrun. We have to learn to live with it now, just like flu. We need to get back to normal.

Yes cases are increasing and have been for a couple of weeks but importantly hospitalisation on the whole hasn't, especially with those who have had at least 1 vaccine more than 3 weeks prior.

"Don’t listen to all the crap the media are writing , we will be fine everything will open up on the 21st , because if it doesn’t there will be riots "

No there won't!

People have said that after every lockdown or roe back of lifting of restrictions.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Don’t listen to all the crap the media are writing , we will be fine everything will open up on the 21st , because if it doesn’t there will be riots "

The media write crap occasionally I'll grant you.. And that depends mainly on the quality of which media more than what media..it's not in the currant bun or the daily fail or on Good Morning Britain.. The Beeb are a little bit suspect too come to that..

You can't argue with scientific proof though

The science in this is pretty much overwhelming.. So it doesn't matter what the media say.. If we Continue to keep messing about with how we manage the movement of the population then we will continue to have problems.. We don't need media to know that..

It is very clear 21st is not going to happen the way everyone wants it to.. It might. But it's not going to happen without risk and its the balance of that risk which will be important..

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx"
hardly any cases and we should resist anymore ridiculous lockdowns and all this scaremongering about new mutations is just a scare tatic

Watford

"

People have said that after every lockdown or roe back of lifting of restrictions. "

That was before 70% of UK adults had been vaccinated against coronavirus. These groups account for over 99% of coronavirus deaths.

york

"Don’t listen to all the crap the media are writing , we will be fine everything will open up on the 21st , because if it doesn’t there will be riots

The media write crap occasionally I'll grant you.. And that depends mainly on the quality of which media more than what media..it's not in the currant bun or the daily fail or on Good Morning Britain.. The Beeb are a little bit suspect too come to that..

The science in this is pretty much overwhelming.. So it doesn't matter what the media say.. If we Continue to keep messing about with how we manage the movement of the population then we will continue to have problems.. We don't need media to know that..

It is very clear 21st is not going to happen the way everyone wants it to.. It might. But it's not going to happen without risk and its the balance of that risk which will be important..

"

we should be opened up and say no to anymore lockdowns and stop listening to the scaremongering bbc itv and sky . We have very low rates of covid and covid is something which be around for the rest of our life’s and it’s not practical to keep locking down for a virus with such a high survival rate and where the average age of death is 82

"

People have said that after every lockdown or roe back of lifting of restrictions.

That was before 70% of UK adults had been vaccinated against coronavirus. These groups account for over 99% of coronavirus deaths."

So rioting is going change the government's mind is it?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I refuse to be locked down again. Next time I will not be sticking to the rules.

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx hardly any cases and we should resist anymore ridiculous lockdowns and all this scaremongering about new mutations is just a scare tatic"

Tell that to the people of India!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx"

The number of new cases has been broadly the same for weeks now, the cases ARE NOT currently accelerating. Of course the number of cases should ideally be going down, but the reduction in restrictions is bound to slow that decline.

If the number of new cases starts to significantly climb again, then that will be a different situation.

Cal

Chill out.... it will all be fine. It’s not like everything can remain closed indefinitely.

stafford

"I refuse to be locked down again. Next time I will not be sticking to the rules."

Can you see a pattern here though? Not following rules.. Cases increase.. Lockdown.. Unlock..and then people not following all the rules

Its some kind of self perpetuating interactive process no one seems to have an answer to

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/

By *tstillworksMan  over a year ago

Darlington

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx hardly any cases and we should resist anymore ridiculous lockdowns and all this scaremongering about new mutations is just a scare tatic

Tell that to the people of India!"

We will be able to tell them in person judging what I seen in the TV about flights to and from India this morning.

Oh well that will solve the COVID IDIOTS PROBLEM. Those are the only ones who will riot. Not the sensible ones.

What will that achieve.

OH YES ANOTHER LOCKDOWN YAY.

WELL DONE GUYS

stafford

"Don’t listen to all the crap the media are writing , we will be fine everything will open up on the 21st , because if it doesn’t there will be riots

we should be opened up and say no to anymore lockdowns and stop listening to the scaremongering bbc itv and sky . We have very low rates of covid and covid is something which be around for the rest of our life’s and it’s not practical to keep locking down for a virus with such a high survival rate and where the average age of death is 82 "

Do you follow Mike Gallsworthy on YT? .. The man uses science to base his arguments on and is very informative and thought provoking.. Helps me a lot when it comes to knowing what the truth or something is or what is closest to it as we can get.. Well worth checking out IMHO

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I refuse to be locked down again. Next time I will not be sticking to the rules.

Can you see a pattern here though? Not following rules.. Cases increase.. Lockdown.. Unlock..and then people not following all the rules

Its some kind of self perpetuating interactive process no one seems to have an answer to

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/ "

Lockdown all still to be vaccinated and let the ones who have been vaccinated take their chances. Harsh maybe but that is life.

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx

Chill out.... it will all be fine. It’s not like everything can remain closed indefinitely. "

Want a bet the top 20% rich have seen their wealth increase by 4 fold since lockdown, so why set us free?

york

Oh well that will solve the COVID IDIOTS PROBLEM. Those are the only ones who will riot. Not the sensible ones. The covid idiots are the ones to scared to get in with life and believe only what witty and valance say . We should be out of lockdown don’t make much difference anyway

What will that achieve.

OH YES ANOTHER LOCKDOWN YAY.

WELL DONE GUYS"

york

"I refuse to be locked down again. Next time I will not be sticking to the rules.

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/ "

lockdowns don’t work masks make little or no difference . We should getting on with life but if you’d rather stay in that’s up to you

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/

Lockdown all still to be vaccinated and let the ones who have been vaccinated take their chances. Harsh maybe but that is life."

But if we don’t want the vaccine and we want to take our chances can we come out to play too

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/ lockdowns don’t work masks make little or no difference . We should getting on with life but if you’d rather stay in that’s up to you "

Carry on. Let me know how it goes. Good luck

Be defiant by all means but accept that will mean consequences at some point or another :/ lockdowns don’t work masks make little or no difference . We should getting on with life but if you’d rather stay in that’s up to you

Carry on. Let me know how it goes. Good luck"

Enough is enough people are feed up , everyone you speak to is sick to the back teeth of this so called pandemic

york

"It seems crazy that cases are accelerating across the country yet we continue to open up. I’ve a horrible feeling that this will be a brief respite in the pandemic! Xx

Chill out.... it will all be fine. It’s not like everything can remain closed indefinitely. Want a bet the top 20% rich have seen their wealth increase by 4 fold since lockdown, so why set us free? "

We should be out of lockdown

By *ngie1962Couple  over a year ago

Bedford

Why should people who have been vaccinated be punished because of the ones who refuse the vaccine

Watford

"

So rioting is going change the government's mind is it?"

Who said anything about rioting?

york

"

Who said anything about rioting?"

if they try and lock us down again we should say no . I’m shocked how scared and compliant people are

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's too early to say at the moment, as data is minimal and the 21st June is a fair way off.

With uncertainty, it would have been better to postpone the change this week. The variant still isn't that well understood. It's infecting younger people who are also sufferers of long covid. It's not just about hospitalisations and deaths, other outcomes are atrocious and all are preventable.

Letting infection levels rise gives each additional 1 the chance to form a worse mutation, to our detriment.

With so many people infecting others worldwide every day, new variants could arise that bypass the vaccine protection that we have.

We've got 2 types of protection - restrictions or vacancies. Preventing problems needs fast, high quality decisions. Delay too much and bad becomes much worse.

"

Who said anything about rioting?"

Plenty of posts on this thread.

Central

"

Who said anything about rioting? if they try and lock us down again we should say no . I’m shocked how scared and compliant people are "

Many aren't scared but take the safety and well-being of others as highly important, in addition to their own.

By *trkenitMan  over a year ago

Clovis

Let's not be sheep

"Let's not be sheep"

This

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Let's not be sheep

This "

Why’s everyone with a different opinion a sheep? Lol. I’d listen to others opinions a lot more if they weren’t so rude to others about their opinions

"I refuse to be locked down again. Next time I will not be sticking to the rules."

This

york

"It's too early to say at the moment, as data is minimal and the 21st June is a fair way off.

With uncertainty, it would have been better to postpone the change this week. The variant still isn't that well understood. It's infecting younger people who are also sufferers of long covid. It's not just about hospitalisations and deaths, other outcomes are atrocious and all are preventable.

Letting infection levels rise gives each additional 1 the chance to form a worse mutation, to our detriment.

With so many people infecting others worldwide every day, new variants could arise that bypass the vaccine protection that we have.

We've got 2 types of protection - restrictions or vacancies. Preventing problems needs fast, high quality decisions. Delay too much and bad becomes much worse.

"

Viruses mutate all the time and even though they become more transmissible they also become less deadly and as for so called long covid influenza also can leave lasting health problems as do many viruses . We should be opened up and getting on with and your talking rubbish when you say it’s not just deaths and hospitalisations we should be worried about that all we should be worried about and remember the survival rate is high and the average age of death is 82 . It won’t be going anywhere so we’ve got to get on with life

"Let's not be sheep

This

Why’s everyone with a different opinion a sheep? Lol. I’d listen to others opinions a lot more if they weren’t so rude to others about their opinions "

The media and government have scared the population into believing everything that they are told, come on this has been handled poorly from the very start . Ear out to help out oh dear it’s spread lockdown ok everyone out oh it’s high again lockdown , enough is enough people who tested positive then have a heart attack having Covid on there death certificate, it’s all lies

North West

"It's too early to say at the moment, as data is minimal and the 21st June is a fair way off.

Viruses mutate all the time and even though they become more transmissible they also become less deadly and as for so called long covid influenza also can leave lasting health problems as do many viruses . We should be opened up and getting on with and your talking rubbish when you say it’s not just deaths and hospitalisations we should be worried about that all we should be worried about and remember the survival rate is high and the average age of death is 82 . It won’t be going anywhere so we’ve got to get on with life "

Does the average age of death being 82 make it better?

Should we not be doing all we can to protect people no matter their age?

It very much comes across like “things should go back to normal cos old people are going to die anyway”.... which I’m sure you don’t mean, because i totally appreciate your point.

North West

"Let's not be sheep

This

Why’s everyone with a different opinion a sheep? Lol. I’d listen to others opinions a lot more if they weren’t so rude to others about their opinions

The media and government have scared the population into believing everything that they are told, come on this has been handled poorly from the very start . Ear out to help out oh dear it’s spread lockdown ok everyone out oh it’s high again lockdown , enough is enough people who tested positive then have a heart attack having Covid on there death certificate, it’s all lies "

How it’s been dealt with isn’t the point.

You’ve got “sheep” on both sides. People jumping on the “conspiracy theory” bandwagon purely to not be told what to do. And people not doing any research but blindly following rules.

Calling people sheep for believing different to you is the reason people close down to others opinions, which restricts education.

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

"Let the riots begin"
. What a stupid thing to say

Watford

Viruses mutate all the time. If mutation remains a reason for keeping us restricted then that would be forever.

"Let's not be sheep

This

The media and government have scared the population into believing everything that they are told, come on this has been handled poorly from the very start . Ear out to help out oh dear it’s spread lockdown ok everyone out oh it’s high again lockdown , enough is enough people who tested positive then have a heart attack having Covid on there death certificate, it’s all lies

How it’s been dealt with isn’t the point.

You’ve got “sheep” on both sides. People jumping on the “conspiracy theory” bandwagon purely to not be told what to do. And people not doing any research but blindly following rules.

Calling people sheep for believing different to you is the reason people close down to others opinions, which restricts education. "

Get the vaccine so you can go abroad , people jumped all over it , to be then told oh no foreign travel this year , then a big u turn you can travel abroad now , oh we’re bringing in vaccine passports. Where are they ? That’s right another load of lies , I could go on and on it’s been a farce right from the start And I’m not anti vaccine , everyone has there own mind , have it don’t have it , that is people’s choice .

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Viruses mutate all the time. If mutation remains a reason for keeping us restricted then that would be forever."
exactly

york

Viruses mutate all the time and even though they become more transmissible they also become less deadly and as for so called long covid influenza also can leave lasting health problems as do many viruses . We should be opened up and getting on with and your talking rubbish when you say it’s not just deaths and hospitalisations we should be worried about that all we should be worried about and remember the survival rate is high and the average age of death is 82 . It won’t be going anywhere so we’ve got to get on with life

It very much comes across like “things should go back to normal cos old people are going to die anyway”.... which I’m sure you don’t mean, because i totally appreciate your point. "

yes we should be protecting people of every age but lockdowns are not the answer and also it’s wrong to keep fit and healthy locked down . People have a responsibility to protect their own health locking the majorty of people down to protect a minority is wrong .

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Who knows it's too early to tell... I am tracking cases of it as we have the Indian variant down here in Southampton

North West

It very much comes across like “things should go back to normal cos old people are going to die anyway”.... which I’m sure you don’t mean, because i totally appreciate your point. yes we should be protecting people of every age but lockdowns are not the answer and also it’s wrong to keep fit and healthy locked down . People have a responsibility to protect their own health locking the majorty of people down to protect a minority is wrong . "

I don’t agree it’s wrong at all.

If a collective group of people can give up something in the short term to allow someone to live their life in the long term then it absolutely should be done.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing lockdowns are right now that people are vaccinated. And I agree it can’t go on forever

Just playing devils advocate

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

"Keep the fear going best way to keep the plebs in there place, nothing controls people better than fear. "
well said.

Lockdowns are for life as the new normal

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Feel for the scientists if we do !! and it's the wholesale ignoring of the science by Boris lets say anything mode of operation has ended in this mess

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

The media panicked people with the Kent strain saying it would cause another lockdown, probably the same with this one. There will always be new mutations of the virus

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don't know. Will keep being careful.

"The media panicked people with the Kent strain saying it would cause another lockdown, probably the same with this one. There will always be new mutations of the virus "

It did cause another lockdown!

Thats why the restrictions were made tighter at Christmas and why we went into lockdown on boxing day.

By *priteyMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

We for sure wont be opened up completely and I wouldnt be suprised we have another lockdown later in the year. But time has come to get on with life ,there are too many people who are now petrified due to the constant scare stories. I have a friend in Thailand where they locked down since March 2020 ,anyone arriving had to quarantine in a hotel for 14 days and now a year or so on having done all that the covid situation is taking off there.

We just cant continue locking down ,its just kicking the can further down the road.

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

No more lockdowns. Unless NHS start getting overloaded. If that's the case then the vaccine has failed. The ones that haven't taken the vaccine but been offered it, why would I worry about them people.

I shouldn't have to miss out on living a normal life to protect people who won't take a vaccine. That isn't how it should work. It's everyone's choice to take it so make your choice and live with it.

york

"Who knows it's too early to tell... I am tracking cases of it as we have the Indian variant down here in Southampton "
the Indian variant is no more deadly actually it will be less dangerous

Manchester (she/her)

"The media panicked people with the Kent strain saying it would cause another lockdown, probably the same with this one. There will always be new mutations of the virus

It did cause another lockdown!

Thats why the restrictions were made tighter at Christmas and why we went into lockdown on boxing day. "

Yeah I'm stunned people forgot. It wasn't that long ago

york

" Feel for the scientists if we do !! and it's the wholesale ignoring of the science by Boris lets say anything mode of operation has ended in this mess "
the scientific world are not all in agreement and sage don’t follow the science

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

There will be no return to normality this year. New excuses will be continuously rolled out to keep people in a perpetual state of anxiety and uncertainty. Governments rarely if ever give back freely excessive power over society and these past 15 months we've witnessed an unprecedented power grab. All in the name of science even though many of the measures are unscientific. How much more they take will be dependant on how much push back they receive from us. From what i've seen of British society, there hasn't been much...

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"There will be no return to normality this year. New excuses will be continuously rolled out to keep people in a perpetual state of anxiety and uncertainty. Governments rarely if ever give back freely excessive power over society and these past 15 months we've witnessed an unprecedented power grab. All in the name of science even though many of the measures are unscientific. How much more they take will be dependant on how much push back they receive from us. From what i've seen of British society, there hasn't been much..."

Do you honestly think the government want to continue to pay people not to work?

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"There will be no return to normality this year. New excuses will be continuously rolled out to keep people in a perpetual state of anxiety and uncertainty. Governments rarely if ever give back freely excessive power over society and these past 15 months we've witnessed an unprecedented power grab. All in the name of science even though many of the measures are unscientific. How much more they take will be dependant on how much push back they receive from us. From what i've seen of British society, there hasn't been much...

Do you honestly think the government want to continue to pay people not to work?"

They haven't had an issue with it yet. From a political optic this has been a popular measure and it will help with elections.

When public debt becomes unsustainable and the bill is due people will think prior austerity measures were tame!

By *bonybbwWoman  over a year ago

London

Some people forget that some people are not following rules or point-blank not willing to have the jab when offered it.

There are areas where cases have risen and yes I live in one of them and its not hard to see why.

Manchester (she/her)

"Some people forget that some people are not following rules or point-blank not willing to have the jab when offered it.

There are areas where cases have risen and yes I live in one of them and its not hard to see why.

"

Yes, tbh I wonder if it's vaccine refusal that'll keep us in this mess.

"Some people forget that some people are not following rules or point-blank not willing to have the jab when offered it.

Yes, tbh I wonder if it's vaccine refusal that'll keep us in this mess. "

The refusal rates are a lot lower than I expected to be fair.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, tbh I wonder if it's vaccine refusal that'll keep us in this mess.

The refusal rates are a lot lower than I expected to be fair. "

It's encouraging, but more transmissible variants will need a higher threshold for herd immunity and I worry about waning immunity in the elderly. (Haven't kept up with the React 2 stuff)

And herd immunity ultimately includes children - an EUA for kids down to 12 has been issued in the US, which is promising, but we're not there yet.

york

People refusing the vaccine are not keeping in this mess sage who don’t follow the science and prof Ferguson with his poor modelling are

Manchester (she/her)

"People refusing the vaccine are not keeping in this mess sage who don’t follow the science and prof Ferguson with his poor modelling are "

What evidence do you have for that?

york

It’s obvious covid rates are very low in this country the people at risk have been vaccinated and that combined with people who have gained natural immunity . Some experts are saying we have herd immunity at the moment so we should be opened up . Sage are mostly staffed by phycologists behavioural experts and seem to like this control they have . Lockdowns don’t work and it can never be right to keep fit and healthy people locked down because of a virus with a such a high survival rate

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s obvious covid rates are very low in this country the people at risk have been vaccinated and that combined with people who have gained natural immunity . Some experts are saying we have herd immunity at the moment so we should be opened up . Sage are mostly staffed by phycologists behavioural experts and seem to like this control they have . Lockdowns don’t work and it can never be right to keep fit and healthy people locked down because of a virus with a such a high survival rate "

... I asked for evidence, not supposition.

york

That is evidence unless you want me to stay cut and pasting stuff in here .we should be out of lockdown the vunrable are vaccinated and as for mutations it’s mutating all the time . We can’t go on like this

Manchester (she/her)

"That is evidence unless you want me to stay cut and pasting stuff in here .we should be out of lockdown the vunrable are vaccinated and as for mutations it’s mutating all the time . We can’t go on like this "

You can cite, you don't have to copy and paste, and you don't have to put in forbidden URLs.

You've expressed an opinion to support your opinion. This isn't evidence.

"That is evidence unless you want me to stay cut and pasting stuff in here .we should be out of lockdown the vunrable are vaccinated and as for mutations it’s mutating all the time . We can’t go on like this "

We are out of lockdown!

Yes we have have some restrictions on foreign travel and large gatherings but we are no longer in lockdown.

york

We should be getting back to large gathering and normal life bin the useless face masks and get rid of some of these stupid rules

"We should be getting back to large gathering and normal life bin the useless face masks and get rid of some of these stupid rules "

And hopefully we will in 6 weeks.

We have made huge progress and I'm glad we have taken it slowly this time and waited for the most vaunable groups to have their second vaccine.

But I Don’t get why people keep saying we need to come out of lockdown because we have.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Well least everyone will find out on the 14th June downing Street briefing.

As advised.

Really hope so I loved lock down...took nearly hour and a half to get from Bradford today in lockdown it was under an hour.

Manchester (she/her)

"We should be getting back to large gathering and normal life bin the useless face masks and get rid of some of these stupid rules

And hopefully we will in 6 weeks.

We have made huge progress and I'm glad we have taken it slowly this time and waited for the most vaunable groups to have their second vaccine.

But I Don’t get why people keep saying we need to come out of lockdown because we have. "

Yes. Better caution now than chaos later.

Newcastle

"We should be getting back to large gathering and normal life bin the useless face masks and get rid of some of these stupid rules "

Sounds great whilst their is the Indian variant and numbers increasing pretty quickly, and no data to show if those vaccinated are at risk

york

The Indian variant is no more dangerous and the day the vaccine will cover it hardly anyone in hospital with it hardly anyone dying . Time to get on with life

"We should be getting back to large gathering and normal life bin the useless face masks and get rid of some of these stupid rules

Sounds great whilst their is the Indian variant and numbers increasing pretty quickly, and no data to show if those vaccinated are at risk "

There is very strong evidence that those who have been vaccinated are not getting seriously ill with it though.

"The Indian variant is no more dangerous and the day the vaccine will cover it hardly anyone in hospital with it hardly anyone dying . Time to get on with life "

As pointed out previously thats exactly whats happening.

york

The vast majority of people who get covid need no medical intervention anyway

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Just fear mongering! All vulnerable and old that want it have had their 2 jabs! It will b fine x

york

Been a lot of fearmongering right from the start of this

Manchester (she/her)

"The Indian variant is no more dangerous and the day the vaccine will cover it hardly anyone in hospital with it hardly anyone dying . Time to get on with life

As pointed out previously thats exactly whats happening. "

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Been a lot of fearmongering right from the start of this "

Very true! I wasent going to have jabs have had both now just down to pressure from family plus fear mongering I think if I'm honest x

Newcastle

"The Indian variant is no more dangerous and the day the vaccine will cover it hardly anyone in hospital with it hardly anyone dying . Time to get on with life "

Apparently suppose to be highly transmissible as advised by Matt hancock.but you'll have data to prove him wrong I guess

york

Highly transmissible is not the same as been more dangerous . It’s what all viruses do mutate become more transmissible but less dangerous as they don’t want to kill the host . You do realise that it’s always mutating . Matt Hancock is just trying to scare people by putting out these sound bites . Covid isn’t going anywhere so we have to get on with life

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

NO...NO...NO ??????

york

No to what

Newcastle

"Highly transmissible is not the same as been more dangerous . It’s what all viruses do mutate become more transmissible but less dangerous as they don’t want to kill the host . You do realise that it’s always mutating . Matt Hancock is just trying to scare people by putting out these sound bites . Covid isn’t going anywhere so we have to get on with life "

I'm guessing when you say we your mainly talking about you we still have data to consider since yes viruses mutate, don't we as adults have a responsibility to think about children who yet haven't been vaccinated, or don't they matter

york

Children are not at risk from this actually the majority of people arnt kids should not even be wearing masks . You seem to be scared of getting with life

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Highly transmissible is not the same as been more dangerous . It’s what all viruses do mutate become more transmissible but less dangerous as they don’t want to kill the host . You do realise that it’s always mutating . Matt Hancock is just trying to scare people by putting out these sound bites . Covid isn’t going anywhere so we have to get on with life "

Well said

"Just fear mongering! All vulnerable and old that want it have had their 2 jabs! It will b fine x"

No they haven't but we are getting there.

The first 6 groups should mostly have had their 2ed jab and be 3 weeks clear by the 21st June which is why that date is in place.

Manchester (she/her)

"Children are not at risk from this actually the majority of people arnt kids should not even be wearing masks . You seem to be scared of getting with life "

Do you have any evidence for that?

Let’s just live life people, if you want to hide away do it but is is that any way to live our lives?

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"Let’s just live life people, if you want to hide away do it but is is that any way to live our lives? "

No it is not so no more lockdowns please

Newcastle

"Children are not at risk from this actually the majority of people arnt kids should not even be wearing masks . You seem to be scared of getting with life "

Children not at risk they haven't been, only a small amount of children took I'll from covid19 but the if the wider population of adults have been vaccinated is the virus we had here in UK plus the Indian variant going to mutate and infect children making them in the same circumstances as the valuable adults who were dying rapidly from infection.

I'm not very smart. But I do know if we do go back to tighter restrictions and hospitality has to close again soon I won't be entitled to furlough or benefits as I've just started a new job.

I wouldn't know how I would survive then bleak talk everywhere I turn

Newcastle

I don't know why we don't just have a purge just for 24 hours sensible way to keep civilisation

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not very smart. But I do know if we do go back to tighter restrictions and hospitality has to close again soon I won't be entitled to furlough or benefits as I've just started a new job.

I wouldn't know how I would survive then bleak talk everywhere I turn "

I very much hope we don't lock down again, either. It's been very difficult. But I also hope we prioritise health.

york

Locking down does not prioritise health

Manchester (she/her)

"Locking down does not prioritise health "

Ok

york

"I don't know why we don't just have a purge just for 24 hours sensible way to keep civilisation"
what do you mean by a purge

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I'm not very smart. But I do know if we do go back to tighter restrictions and hospitality has to close again soon I won't be entitled to furlough or benefits as I've just started a new job.

I wouldn't know how I would survive then bleak talk everywhere I turn "

Yet some employers are struggling to fill vacancies plenty of job opportunities around companies are crying out for people.

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 21:14:21]

york

???!

Newcastle

"I don't know why we don't just have a purge just for 24 hours sensible way to keep civilisation what do you mean by a purge "

Do anything anyone wants and see the end results in the week ahead

york

You do realise that covid has a 99.6 % survival rate and the vast majority of people who get need no medical intervention. You seem hysterical about it

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Yes, if the Indian variant, or subsequent mutations take hold!

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably.

"You do realise that covid has a 99.6 % survival rate and the vast majority of people who get need no medical intervention. You seem hysterical about it "

You do realise survival rate isn't the issue?

Its the numbers that only survived because there was a hospital bed for them and survived doesn't mean fully recovered.

Manchester (she/her)

"You do realise that covid has a 99.6 % survival rate and the vast majority of people who get need no medical intervention. You seem hysterical about it "

I'm sorry you misread people's words as hysteria.

york

"You do realise that covid has a 99.6 % survival rate and the vast majority of people who get need no medical intervention. You seem hysterical about it

You do realise survival rate isn't the issue?

Its the numbers that only survived because there was a hospital bed for them and survived doesn't mean fully recovered. "

the nhs was never going to be over run and a lot of hospitals were no busier than they usually are through influenza season and actually a lot of the people who are hospitalised with it don’t survive and the place your most likely to catch it is hospital and care settings . The nhs had 70k of empty beds last summer while people were dying at home of other causes because they were been advised to stay at home or couldn’t get to see anyone . Survival rate does matter when your locking a country down .

Newcastle

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children...

york

"Yes, if the Indian variant, or subsequent mutations take hold!

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably."

don’t talk rubbish theirs no evidence lockdowns work but plenty of evidence they cause harm and death

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably. don’t talk rubbish theirs no evidence lockdowns work but plenty of evidence they cause harm and death "

Oh really? Share your sources.

york

"You do realise that covid has a 99.6 % survival rate and the vast majority of people who get need no medical intervention. You seem hysterical about it

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children..."

all viruses can kill and actually the way deaths are recorded you only know people who’ve died with it not from it and my brother works front line and he says last year at the beggining and up until December they’d never been so quiet and as for kids they are more at risk from influenza

york

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably. don’t talk rubbish theirs no evidence lockdowns work but plenty of evidence they cause harm and death

Oh really? Share your sources. "

do your research

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children... all viruses can kill and actually the way deaths are recorded you only know people who’ve died with it not from it and my brother works front line and he says last year at the beggining and up until December they’d never been so quiet and as for kids they are more at risk from influenza "

Interesting, as one of us works front line Respiratory and are totally knackered after the last 15 months, hey Ho.

Manchester (she/her)

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably. don’t talk rubbish theirs no evidence lockdowns work but plenty of evidence they cause harm and death

Oh really? Share your sources. do your research "

Have done. See no evidence for any of what you say.

"Do your research" is so often the rallying cry of someone who doesn't want their sources analysed.

Manchester (she/her)

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children... all viruses can kill and actually the way deaths are recorded you only know people who’ve died with it not from it and my brother works front line and he says last year at the beggining and up until December they’d never been so quiet and as for kids they are more at risk from influenza

Interesting, as one of us works front line Respiratory and are totally knackered after the last 15 months, hey Ho. "

Thank you for what you do.

Eople aren’t that’s the problem

Wait we have a 0 mask policy if you are vaccinated. According to our CDC. So following the science is it or is it not correct? We are told by government to follow guidelines according to scientific evidence and yet people scream foul it's is not right. Make up your damn minds.

Manchester (she/her)

"Wait we have a 0 mask policy if you are vaccinated. According to our CDC. So following the science is it or is it not correct? We are told by government to follow guidelines according to scientific evidence and yet people scream foul it's is not right. Make up your damn minds."

I think the CDC is probably correct - the data is pretty compelling - but the UK isn't there yet, for whatever reason.

I can see both sides of the arguments for and against, a lot of people think that the situation has been handled badly, maybe some of it has, but unfortunately you can't please everyone, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because you don't agree doesn't mean that they are wrong, Covid is here to stay and we need to get used to the idea, and if that means following a few rules to try and minimise the risk then so be it.

Dudley

Oh really? Share your sources. do your research "

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work.

"Wait we have a 0 mask policy if you are vaccinated. According to our CDC. So following the science is it or is it not correct? We are told by government to follow guidelines according to scientific evidence and yet people scream foul it's is not right. Make up your damn minds.

I think the CDC is probably correct - the data is pretty compelling - but the UK isn't there yet, for whatever reason."

It's wierd and it's sad that you a have to subject yourselves to that. Good luck.

Manchester (she/her)

"Wait we have a 0 mask policy if you are vaccinated. According to our CDC. So following the science is it or is it not correct? We are told by government to follow guidelines according to scientific evidence and yet people scream foul it's is not right. Make up your damn minds.

I think the CDC is probably correct - the data is pretty compelling - but the UK isn't there yet, for whatever reason.

It's wierd and it's sad that you a have to subject yourselves to that. Good luck."

I think it's probably about overall vaccination levels

It's not a major imposition to me.

york

Oh really? Share your sources. do your research

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work. "

your wrong no proof at all lockdowns work but study’s coming out saying they cause more harm and in the long run will cause more deaths and cut the average life expectancy . If they worked we wouldent be still be in restrictions over a year later .

Newcastle

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children... all viruses can kill and actually the way deaths are recorded you only know people who’ve died with it not from it and my brother works front line and he says last year at the beggining and up until December they’d never been so quiet and as for kids they are more at risk from influenza "

Well I'd advise you to send a email to Matt Hancock and get your brother to do same because you both know more than a medical expert and scientist

Manchester (she/her)

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work. your wrong no proof at all lockdowns work but study’s coming out saying they cause more harm and in the long run will cause more deaths and cut the average life expectancy . If they worked we wouldent be still be in restrictions over a year later . "

Lockdowns aren't vaccines, they're temporary fire breaks. Our behaviour loosening up brought restrictions back, along with the emergence of B117.

I've not seen any credible evidence, much less a study, to suggest that lockdowns don't achieve what they're designed to do.

If you have any credible material to the contrary, please cite it.

By *mbisextrousCouple  over a year ago

Manchester/Glossop

And all the time Chris witty and all the top scientists in the world that shut economises down and leaderships that killed people and if only they would have had the knowledge to come on a swingers site and see what they could do better just image the world would be saved by now and we could all be in the sun on holiday shagging in clubs hotels or even in our own homes if you accommodate. Just saying.!!!!!!!!

Newcastle

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work. your wrong no proof at all lockdowns work but study’s coming out saying they cause more harm and in the long run will cause more deaths and cut the average life expectancy . If they worked we wouldent be still be in restrictions over a year later . "

Lockdown prevented people transmitting the virus rapidly this is how you contain and control common sense reason why we have amount of deaths because lockdown wasn't done sooner and a majority of MP agree with this not just myself...

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Just stop the travel.

Half a million new cases a day across the globe, 150 flights in and out of uk every day.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just stop the travel.

Half a million new cases a day across the globe, 150 flights in and out of uk every day. "

That'll help. Ground all the planes.

Newcastle

Not pointing the finger but we can see why we ended up in lockdown in the first place just by reading some of the comments

Try telling someone who has been infected by the virus or laying in hospital from covid19 that it's ok

stafford

"Let's not be sheep

This "

Has it ever occurred to you the converse of what you define people as sheep to be is actually true in your case too to others?.

stafford

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say?

york

I understand covid19 can kill and have known of family members who have lost a friend or relative from it and I have close friends and family who work in hospitals who have put their lives at risk then going home to their children... all viruses can kill and actually the way deaths are recorded you only know people who’ve died with it not from it and my brother works front line and he says last year at the beggining and up until December they’d never been so quiet and as for kids they are more at risk from influenza

Well I'd advise you to send a email to Matt Hancock and get your brother to do same because you both know more than a medical expert and scientist "

your proving how clueless you are if you think Matt Hancock has any medical expertise the mans proved to be dishonest and cluesless

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Let's not be sheep

This

Why’s everyone with a different opinion a sheep? Lol. I’d listen to others opinions a lot more if they weren’t so rude to others about their opinions "

Ironically, there is no better example of ovine behaviour than following the rest of the flock by adopting the fashionable terms "Sheep" and "Sheeple".

Newcastle

"Let's not be sheep

This

Has it ever occurred to you the converse of what you define people as sheep to be is actually true in your case too to others?."

People were sheep day they were born given a number and told what to do without thinking I'm sure this had an impact on thinking safely

Manchester (she/her)

"Let's not be sheep

This

Ironically, there is no better example of ovine behaviour than following the rest of the flock by adopting the fashionable terms "Sheep" and "Sheeple"."

Right?

york

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work. your wrong no proof at all lockdowns work but study’s coming out saying they cause more harm and in the long run will cause more deaths and cut the average life expectancy . If they worked we wouldent be still be in restrictions over a year later .

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say? "

you can not compare two country’s in the Pacific with small populations and different population destiny who are not major transport hubs with the uk

Manchester (she/her)

I have and you are wrong, lockdowns do work. your wrong no proof at all lockdowns work but study’s coming out saying they cause more harm and in the long run will cause more deaths and cut the average life expectancy . If they worked we wouldent be still be in restrictions over a year later .

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say? you can not compare two country’s in the Pacific with small populations and different population destiny who are not major transport hubs with the uk "

Yes yes, Australia didn't do well with Covid because it closed the borders, it did well because the outback exists.

That old chestnut

Central

Viruses mutate all the time and even though they become more transmissible they also become less deadly and as for so called long covid influenza also can leave lasting health problems as do many viruses . We should be opened up and getting on with and your talking rubbish when you say it’s not just deaths and hospitalisations we should be worried about that all we should be worried about and remember the survival rate is high and the average age of death is 82 . It won’t be going anywhere so we’ve got to get on with life "

Incorrect. We should be concerned about many of the impacts of this virus, some of them health impacts, others not. Deaths and hospitalisations are 2 aspects of the health issues.

Long Covid, as I'd mentioned, is another. This virus is very different to the flu viruses and long Covid is unique and still poorly understood. Organ damage and failure is catastrophic and has lifelong implications, potentially cutting life expectancy. You're not bothered about it, presumably because you've not got such a catastrophic impact from it.

We do have to get on with life - we've been doing that since the start of this. Expecting nothing to be different, not having mitigating measures, is the pursuit of fool's gold. We have many measures that we take all the time, to minimise and control risk, which is why you are subject to a large number of controls on citizens' and organisations' behaviour and rights. It's part of being a responsible member of society. It's right for us to have our strategy driven by the evidence and data.

york

"Not pointing the finger but we can see why we ended up in lockdown in the first place just by reading some of the comments

Try telling someone who has been infected by the virus or laying in hospital from covid19 that it's ok "

but the vast majority of people who get it need no medical intervention and most people will have this at one time or another it’s not going away . That argument is a stupid one

"Let's not be sheep

This

The media and government have scared the population into believing everything that they are told, come on this has been handled poorly from the very start . Ear out to help out oh dear it’s spread lockdown ok everyone out oh it’s high again lockdown , enough is enough people who tested positive then have a heart attack having Covid on there death certificate, it’s all lies "

I agree about the media,bad news sells,its as simple as that.

Always making things sound worse than there are.

When they would say the hospitals were overwhelmed with covid patients, what they forgot to mention was,that yes a covid ward that might have 16 beds is full,not the rest of the hospital, just that covid ward,they'll have been some empty beds elsewhere in a hospital,but they can't put covid patients there with non covid patients....that's an example of the media scaremonging....hospital not full,just covid ward full.

In January I was out with my dog and I got talking to a late 50s couple and the female actually told me during a covid conversation that her sister, who was high up in the hospital she worked at,actually told her that it's not how the news is making it out to be.

Look no further than when ross kemp,went into that supermax prison down south,that Tommy Robinson was all over the papers,they were saying he had been beating up and had a black eye etc...,the cameras were on ross kemp and tommy Robinson as they read and heard about it,they didn't have a clue and no Mark's on him,he was in a super isolation unit or something,....media bullshitting.

"

Who said anything about rioting? if they try and lock us down again we should say no . I’m shocked how scared and compliant people are "

It's not "scared", we are compliant because we don't want to see people die from a virus. The "well I'm alright Jack" selfish attitude from some is what has prolonged this for everyone.

stafford

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say? you can not compare two country’s in the Pacific with small populations and different population destiny who are not major transport hubs with the uk "

You asked for evidence..new Zealand.. Quietish and definitely small

Do you know the size of Australia though ? A quarter of a billion or so people ( the UK has about 66 million) Do you know how many people used to travel there from every major city in the world?

The problem with things like this is people need to read better newspapers and research things rather than decide for themselves what is true or not true.. Always base any decision on facts not guesses or preconceptions.. And yes the Aussie have made a far better go at this than the UK has..

york

Incorrect. We should be concerned about many of the impacts of this virus, some of them health impacts, others not. Deaths and hospitalisations are 2 aspects of the health issues.

Long Covid, as I'd mentioned, is another. This virus is very different to the flu viruses and long Covid is unique and still poorly understood. Organ damage and failure is catastrophic and has lifelong implications, potentially cutting life expectancy. You're not bothered about it, presumably because you've not got such a catastrophic impact from it.

We do have to get on with life - we've been doing that since the start of this. Expecting nothing to be different, not having mitigating measures, is the pursuit of fool's gold. We have many measures that we take all the time, to minimise and control risk, which is why you are subject to a large number of controls on citizens' and organisations' behaviour and rights. It's part of being a responsible member of society. It's right for us to have our strategy driven by the evidence and data. "

this virus is very similar to flu and long covid is a buzz word made up by sage . Most viruses can leve long lasting recasting effect including organ damage

Newcastle

Well I'd advise you to send a email to Matt Hancock and get your brother to do same because you both know more than a medical expert and scientist your proving how clueless you are if you think Matt Hancock has any medical expertise the mans proved to be dishonest and cluesless"

so I'm guessing everyone should turn to you for advice and ignore him because your honest and have a better idea of way of doing things as a nation you are aware it's not over whilst we have people traveling abroad how soon does it take for the virus to take hold of the human body before it's grown enough to be able to get a positive sample that a person has been infected

Manchester (she/her)

"

Who said anything about rioting? if they try and lock us down again we should say no . I’m shocked how scared and compliant people are

It's not "scared", we are compliant because we don't want to see people die from a virus. The "well I'm alright Jack" selfish attitude from some is what has prolonged this for everyone. "

Yes. I'm not scared, I'm responsible.

I'd probably be fine (I had a suspected case, I made a full recovery). I might pass it on to someone who's not fine.

I can hold off a bit to make sure we get this thing properly dealt with. I have restraint.

Manchester (she/her)

We do have to get on with life - we've been doing that since the start of this. Expecting nothing to be different, not having mitigating measures, is the pursuit of fool's gold. We have many measures that we take all the time, to minimise and control risk, which is why you are subject to a large number of controls on citizens' and organisations' behaviour and rights. It's part of being a responsible member of society. It's right for us to have our strategy driven by the evidence and data. this virus is very similar to flu and long covid is a buzz word made up by sage . Most viruses can leve long lasting recasting effect including organ damage "

Long Covid is being used as a term internationally but ok

york

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say? you can not compare two country’s in the Pacific with small populations and different population destiny who are not major transport hubs with the uk

Yes yes, Australia didn't do well with Covid because it closed the borders, it did well because the outback exists.

That old chestnut "

it can’t be compared to a European country with high population destiny totally different .

york

We do have to get on with life - we've been doing that since the start of this. Expecting nothing to be different, not having mitigating measures, is the pursuit of fool's gold. We have many measures that we take all the time, to minimise and control risk, which is why you are subject to a large number of controls on citizens' and organisations' behaviour and rights. It's part of being a responsible member of society. It's right for us to have our strategy driven by the evidence and data. this virus is very similar to flu and long covid is a buzz word made up by sage . Most viruses can leve long lasting recasting effect including organ damage

Long Covid is being used as a term internationally but ok "

we don’t long influenza though do we

Manchester (she/her)

New Zealand?

Australia?

Things seem to have gone much better for their people than those in the UK wouldn't you say? you can not compare two country’s in the Pacific with small populations and different population destiny who are not major transport hubs with the uk

That old chestnut it can’t be compared to a European country with high population destiny totally different . "

... You're speaking to an Australian.

In the cities where the vast majority of Australians (something like 95%) live, the density is the same as European cities. It is entirely comparable except in the weak pitiful excuses of why the UK has failed so badly.

Indian variant.. now in telford/Shropshire.. its travelling...

york

Well I'd advise you to send a email to Matt Hancock and get your brother to do same because you both know more than a medical expert and scientist your proving how clueless you are if you think Matt Hancock has any medical expertise the mans proved to be dishonest and cluesless

so I'm guessing everyone should turn to you for advice and ignore him because your honest and have a better idea of way of doing things as a nation you are aware it's not over whilst we have people traveling abroad how soon does it take for the virus to take hold of the human body before it's grown enough to be able to get a positive sample that a person has been infected "

it will never be over in our lifetime . You seem very scared

Newcastle

Stay safe those who intend on rest well may the force be with you but God bless you all.

york

The pressure to reopen society is causing government to posits nerve, regrettably. don’t talk rubbish theirs no evidence lockdowns work but plenty of evidence they cause harm and death no it’s not at all including where in the world you are visitors population size etc

New Zealand?

Australia?

That old chestnut it can’t be compared to a European country with high population destiny totally different .

... You're speaking to an Australian.

In the cities where the vast majority of Australians (something like 95%) live, the density is the same as European cities. It is entirely comparable except in the weak pitiful excuses of why the UK has failed so badly."

stafford

New Zealand?

Australia?

That old chestnut it can’t be compared to a European country with high population destiny totally different . "

It absolutely can!do you know anything about the country? Or more importantly the countries who surround it? And the nationalities of the people who visit it and where they go?

As a clue they don't go to the Western Australian desert and hide to avoid catching Covid from anyone *..

york

Well I'd advise you to send a email to Matt Hancock and get your brother to do same because you both know more than a medical expert and scientist your proving how clueless you are if you think Matt Hancock has any medical expertise the mans proved to be dishonest and cluesless

so I'm guessing everyone should turn to you for advice and ignore him because your honest and have a better idea of way of doing things as a nation you are aware it's not over whilst we have people traveling abroad how soon does it take for the virus to take hold of the human body before it's grown enough to be able to get a positive sample that a person has been infected "

get a grip Hancock witty vallance have a vested interest in prolonging this

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Boris is trusting us to be sensible, let's not let him down.

york

"

Who said anything about rioting? if they try and lock us down again we should say no . I’m shocked how scared and compliant people are

It's not "scared", we are compliant because we don't want to see people die from a virus. The "well I'm alright Jack" selfish attitude from some is what has prolonged this for everyone. "

people have been scared into compliance most people won’t know anyone who died of it

Newcastle

so I'm guessing everyone should turn to you for advice and ignore him because your honest and have a better idea of way of doing things as a nation you are aware it's not over whilst we have people traveling abroad how soon does it take for the virus to take hold of the human body before it's grown enough to be able to get a positive sample that a person has been infected it will never be over in our lifetime . You seem very scared "

It will be over when it is decided, just as it came unexpectedly and in 10 years from the date it gone it'll be back, I'll hopefully still be around and most likely here so if you are we can catch up this discussion then,I'm never scared obviously don't know that Scorpio are the most feared star sign and I am one and lived from being stung by a scorpion even if it was a baby one still felt sore getting repeatedly stung

Central

"Who knows it's too early to tell... I am tracking cases of it as we have the Indian variant down here in Southampton the Indian variant is no more deadly actually it will be less dangerous "

You do not know that. The data is still being gathered and researched. The levels of fatality are 1 of the important criteria but transmissability and other severe health damage are amongst them.

Viruses mutate, as we know. Cutting infection levels reduces the potential for new mutations to occur. Any 1 of them could be a game changer that we don't need.

Dudley

Oh dear

Newcastle

so I'm guessing everyone should turn to you for advice and ignore him because your honest and have a better idea of way of doing things as a nation you are aware it's not over whilst we have people traveling abroad how soon does it take for the virus to take hold of the human body before it's grown enough to be able to get a positive sample that a person has been infected get a grip Hancock witty vallance have a vested interest in prolonging this "

What makes you even think that I have been listening to either of them and not making my own opinion on a wider scale globally

york

Oh dear "

so that’s your answer

Manchester (she/her)

"

It's not "scared", we are compliant because we don't want to see people die from a virus. The "well I'm alright Jack" selfish attitude from some is what has prolonged this for everyone. people have been scared into compliance most people won’t know anyone who died of it "

... I can want to do the right thing even though I'm not personally hurt by it.

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

"Do you follow Mike Gallsworthy on YT? .. The man uses science to base his arguments on and is very informative and thought provoking..."

Yes, Mike Galsworthy is excellent, I think.

So is Carole Cadwalladr, and Christina Pagel. On Twitter, Christina is called @chrischirp.

stafford

"

It's not "scared", we are compliant because we don't want to see people die from a virus. The "well I'm alright Jack" selfish attitude from some is what has prolonged this for everyone. people have been scared into compliance most people won’t know anyone who died of it "

Er.. Seriously fella go and do some reading.. Some of your statements are starting to feel very very random to say the least

Manchester (she/her)

I really do think that people on the other side of the aisle here don't understand where people like me are coming from. (And possibly vice versa).

For me - the evidence suggests that Covid is a serious disease, including after effects and long Covid. Vaccination coverage is not yet full enough to consider ourselves safe, a new variant has emerged, and it seems to spread faster.

Long Covid seems to strike younger people - who'll be responsible for our economic recovery - more than older people.

Not all vulnerable people develop an immune response.

We already have considerable freedoms brought back.

I'm happy to hang tight and lessen the damage that the Indian variant might cause. I think it's the most responsible thing to do, to protect those who are not (yet) protected by vaccines.

I think having to add new restrictions would be much worse than slowing down the return to normal.

Newcastle

Bottom line a selfish act will result in consequences, that will result in some kind of restrictions put in place as it's not over other countries haven't even gotten to the level of people vaccinated as those higher boarders should remain closed until everyone in each country has been vaccinated...