FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 10,000

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Government threatens up to 10,000 home quarantine checks a day,if you holiday in an Amber country, on returning. Yet so far, 114 flights from India have landed in the UK since India were put on the Red list.

Anyone see a lack of consistency?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Anyone landing from a red country must go into a quarantine hotel so no need to check up on them at home.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm just wondering how people in other countries feel when people are traveling across to their country given we are in a global pandemic. Similar reaction!!!

But really should we be allowing in folk from such a high risk country, regardless of quarantine measures?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Can they really organise 10,000 home visits per day?

If only we lived on an island !

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 20/05/21 08:11:22]

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"But really should we be allowing in folk from such a high risk country, regardless of quarantine measures?"

Do we forbid British citizens from returning?

Regardless of Nationality,nobody should be entering the Uk from high risk country's. We are now fighting a different variant in the UK, that could potentially? undo a year plus of hard work by most of the population.To see that disappear would be an utter disaster

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Regardless of Nationality,nobody should be entering the Uk from high risk country's. We are now fighting a different variant in the UK, that could potentially? undo a year plus of hard work by most of the population.To see that disappear would be an utter disaster"

We allowed people in from India

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"But really should we be allowing in folk from such a high risk country, regardless of quarantine measures?"

There was a person from Bolton in my town yesterday. Walking down the street on the very day they arrived! Should have been turned away at the border!

Manchester (she/her)

"Regardless of Nationality,nobody should be entering the Uk from high risk country's. We are now fighting a different variant in the UK, that could potentially? undo a year plus of hard work by most of the population.To see that disappear would be an utter disaster"

So British citizens do not have an inalienable right to return to the UK?

What does citizenship mean?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"But really should we be allowing in folk from such a high risk country, regardless of quarantine measures?

There was a person from Bolton in my town yesterday. Walking down the street on the very day they arrived! Should have been turned away at the border!"

And how do you know that?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Government threatens up to 10,000 home quarantine checks a day,if you holiday in an Amber country, on returning. Yet so far, 114 flights from India have landed in the UK since India were put on the Red list.

Anyone see a lack of consistency?"

All passengers from India have a right to residency here and must stay in government enforced hotel quarantine, with periodic testing.

Testing for others coming from places of concern is probably a good thing, for those travellers and the country.

liverpool

Who exactly is going to do these 10,000 checks a day?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Perhaps what we need to do is to make airports adhere to the traffic light system as well:

Heathrow - Red only

Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh & Belfast - Amber only

Other Airports - Green

This way we stop people crossing their contamination and making a mockery of the traffic light system. London has the most hotels, so it is best placed to deal with quarantine.

Just a thought

liverpool

"Perhaps what we need to do is to make airports adhere to the traffic light system as well:

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

This way we stop people crossing their contamination and making a mockery of the traffic light system. London has the most hotels, so it is best placed to deal with quarantine.

Just a thought "

There is a picture in 1 of the papers today at an airport and it looks horrific.

No distancing between arrivals from different countries etc.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Who exactly is going to do these 10,000 checks a day?"

FFS Lionel, that's two things now I agree with you on.

Chudleigh

"Perhaps what we need to do is to make airports adhere to the traffic light system as well:

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

Just a thought

There is a picture in 1 of the papers today at an airport and it looks horrific.

No distancing between arrivals from different countries etc."

You have to say that all the advice from the Govt is disjointed & not thought through. With 900 people a day coming from India, we would need 10,000 rooms potentially to quarantine for a 2 week period. It would be more sensible to say we have a capacity for say 500 a day full stop from Red Zone countries. I use India as an example and not a pariah. If they genuinely (don’t believe they do) want to manage the virus from coming into the country, then they need to apply Australian or NZ criteria and genuinely limit access

liverpool

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

Just a thought

You have to say that all the advice from the Govt is disjointed & not thought through. With 900 people a day coming from India, we would need 10,000 rooms potentially to quarantine for a 2 week period. It would be more sensible to say we have a capacity for say 500 a day full stop from Red Zone countries. I use India as an example and not a pariah. If they genuinely (don’t believe they do) want to manage the virus from coming into the country, then they need to apply Australian or NZ criteria and genuinely limit access "

They completely contradicted themselves the other day.

Manchester (she/her)

There was uproar in Australia when they tried to ban Australian citizens coming home from India.

I agree more needs to be done... But we can't ban citizens from coming back.

Chudleigh

"There was uproar in Australia when they tried to ban Australian citizens coming home from India.

I agree more needs to be done... But we can't ban citizens from coming back."

Agree that we shouldn’t stop people, but we should bar people going to Red Zones unless they are repatriating & we should limit people mixing in passport queues - makes a mockery of the traffic lights if you are in the same space

Manchester (she/her)

"There was uproar in Australia when they tried to ban Australian citizens coming home from India.

I agree more needs to be done... But we can't ban citizens from coming back.

Agree that we shouldn’t stop people, but we should bar people going to Red Zones unless they are repatriating & we should limit people mixing in passport queues - makes a mockery of the traffic lights if you are in the same space "

I'm surprised we haven't learned by now, I'll agree.

My "we shouldn't do more" is at or not far past "we can't ban citizens"

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Can they really organise 10,000 home visits per day?

If only we lived on an island ! "

They arent home visits they are phone calls , if they suspect you arent at home then they might visit

They arent home visits they are phone calls , if they suspect you arent at home then they might visit"

No that’s incorrect. They have outsourced it to a private company to do the physical checks. If they visit and you aren’t home then they pass it to police to do their own visit. I have doubts how true this is, it sounds similar to the story about police at airports earlier this year checking your reason for travel and asking for a form. When u arrive u get a call the following day explaining the self isolation rules etc. at least that’s what happened both times we have had to self isolate after returning to the UK.

We never had a physical check although the media states it was happening.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

It's the same principle as TV detector vans. They never worked either.

Just a thought but the cabin crew that fly back and forth from the red countries do they have to quarantine in a hotel the same as the passengers !!!!!

I guess not just wonder how that works

liverpool

They arent home visits they are phone calls , if they suspect you arent at home then they might visit

No that’s incorrect. They have outsourced it to a private company to do the physical checks. If they visit and you aren’t home then they pass it to police to do their own visit. I have doubts how true this is, it sounds similar to the story about police at airports earlier this year checking your reason for travel and asking for a form. When u arrive u get a call the following day explaining the self isolation rules etc. at least that’s what happened both times we have had to self isolate after returning to the UK.

We never had a physical check although the media states it was happening."

Oh well if they have outsourced it there is nothing to worry about

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Just a thought but the cabin crew that fly back and forth from the red countries do they have to quarantine in a hotel the same as the passengers !!!!!

I guess not just wonder how that works "

No, that's comes under the travelling for work exemption.

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

Just a thought

You have to say that all the advice from the Govt is disjointed & not thought through. With 900 people a day coming from India, we would need 10,000 rooms potentially to quarantine for a 2 week period. It would be more sensible to say we have a capacity for say 500 a day full stop from Red Zone countries. I use India as an example and not a pariah. If they genuinely (don’t believe they do) want to manage the virus from coming into the country, then they need to apply Australian or NZ criteria and genuinely limit access "

At the peak Australia weren't even allowing their own citizens back....

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just a thought but the cabin crew that fly back and forth from the red countries do they have to quarantine in a hotel the same as the passengers !!!!!

I guess not just wonder how that works "

They won't leave the airside area or will be ferried to hotels where they should be keeping separate from others. The risk is low and comes under travel for work anyway.

Manchester (she/her)

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

Just a thought

You have to say that all the advice from the Govt is disjointed & not thought through. With 900 people a day coming from India, we would need 10,000 rooms potentially to quarantine for a 2 week period. It would be more sensible to say we have a capacity for say 500 a day full stop from Red Zone countries. I use India as an example and not a pariah. If they genuinely (don’t believe they do) want to manage the virus from coming into the country, then they need to apply Australian or NZ criteria and genuinely limit access

At the peak Australia weren't even allowing their own citizens back...."

Tens of thousands are still stranded

What's the point in knocking on people's doors?

You can assume that because noone answers they aren't inside.

I regularly miss deliveries while working from home because I'm often wearing a headset on a Teams call.

Simply can't hear the door.

No answer Doesn't mean noone is in.

North West

"What's the point in knocking on people's doors?

I regularly miss deliveries while working from home because I'm often wearing a headset on a Teams call.

No answer Doesn't mean noone is in."

If I were self isolating at home after a trip to an amber list country, I'd keep my ears peeled. I'm on Teams all day or virtual classroom and I can hear the door perfectly. If you know it's likely to be someone official checking up on you, surely you'd excuse yourself briefly to go to the door? Postman, maybe not, if you don't mind a trip to the depot, but the possible fines would surely inspire one to answer?

Leeds

I guess not just wonder how that works

They won't leave the airside area or will be ferried to hotels where they should be keeping separate from others. The risk is low and comes under travel for work anyway."

So cabin crew can't see family or friends indefinitely ?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Regardless of Nationality,nobody should be entering the Uk from high risk country's. We are now fighting a different variant in the UK, that could potentially? undo a year plus of hard work by most of the population.To see that disappear would be an utter disaster

We allowed people in from India "

yes the majority are British returning home should Britain refuse entry to its own citizens?

If I were self isolating at home after a trip to an amber list country, I'd keep my ears peeled. I'm on Teams all day or virtual classroom and I can hear the door perfectly. If you know it's likely to be someone official checking up on you, surely you'd excuse yourself briefly to go to the door? Postman, maybe not, if you don't mind a trip to the depot, but the possible fines would surely inspire one to answer?"

There’s no way you can be fined for failing to answer the door. It’s more scare tactics. Amber list self quarantine is just unenforceable. They hope the threat will make you comply.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

We never had a physical check although the media states it was happening."

Sorry but it is correct, K went to Poland last wk for medical reasons, came back tuesday night, had PHONE call yesterday had a PHONE call today and no doubt have a phone call each day until her 10 days are up.

If I were self isolating at home after a trip to an amber list country, I'd keep my ears peeled. I'm on Teams all day or virtual classroom and I can hear the door perfectly. If you know it's likely to be someone official checking up on you, surely you'd excuse yourself briefly to go to the door? Postman, maybe not, if you don't mind a trip to the depot, but the possible fines would surely inspire one to answer?"

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

I say again - failing to answer the door is not a crime and does not mean noone is in.

In fact you could easily argue that you deliberately didn't answer the door because you were isolating in quarantine.

You could be in bed Ill. Asleep after working nights (we have people working shifts from home). Taking a bath. Or a shit.

There are lots of valid reasons for not answering the door. (Or phone, especially if you're working).

If more than one of you are working from home on calls with calls then noise cancelling headset is essential - you will not hear a door.

North West

If I were self isolating at home after a trip to an amber list country, I'd keep my ears peeled. I'm on Teams all day or virtual classroom and I can hear the door perfectly. If you know it's likely to be someone official checking up on you, surely you'd excuse yourself briefly to go to the door? Postman, maybe not, if you don't mind a trip to the depot, but the possible fines would surely inspire one to answer?

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

I say again - failing to answer the door is not a crime and does not mean noone is in.

In fact you could easily argue that you deliberately didn't answer the door because you were isolating in quarantine.

You could be in bed Ill. Asleep after working nights (we have people working shifts from home). Taking a bath. Or a shit.

There are lots of valid reasons for not answering the door. (Or phone, especially if you're working).

If more than one of you are working from home on calls with calls then noise cancelling headset is essential - you will not hear a door."

We are both working from home, usually in the same room. On Teams/virtual classroom and we STILL hear the door

Manchester (she/her)

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

If more than one of you are working from home on calls with calls then noise cancelling headset is essential - you will not hear a door."

Ok, if it's unenforceable then we'd better be safe than sorry. Red list, green list. No, the green list isn't growing, but the red list is

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

If more than one of you are working from home on calls with calls then noise cancelling headset is essential - you will not hear a door.

Ok, if it's unenforceable then we'd better be safe than sorry. Red list, green list. No, the green list isn't growing, but the red list is "

Are you ok?

Of course it's unenforceable. Unless it becomes an offence to not answer a door.

This has nothing to do with colour lists - most of the other restrictions have also been unenforceable (masks and distancing the obvious ones)

Manchester (she/her)

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Ok, if it's unenforceable then we'd better be safe than sorry. Red list, green list. No, the green list isn't growing, but the red list is

Are you ok?

Of course it's unenforceable. Unless it becomes an offence to not answer a door.

This has nothing to do with colour lists - most of the other restrictions have also been unenforceable (masks and distancing the obvious ones)"

I'm fine.

If we can't enforce medium risk, stick them all in high risk.

Problem solved

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

This has nothing to do with colour lists - most of the other restrictions have also been unenforceable (masks and distancing the obvious ones)

I'm fine.

Problem solved "

Perhaps there isn't a problem to solve?

This has almost run its course now, much to some folks annoyance.

By *ussieChrisMan  over a year ago

Walsall

In all honesty, the govt. Has every right to consider the citizens that are currently In this country, if you travel to a red zone country, they can (with support through the United Kingdom embassy) give you living support in the location you are in, so as to put this country in quarantine thus saving more money from the govt, NHS and other sources than if they left the borders open for all cases. If you NEED to travel to one of these countries.. Be prepared to be told to stay there until further notice.

Think if the MANY not the FEW.

Manchester (she/her)

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

I'm fine.

Problem solved

"

Hmm. I'll feel that way when everyone has been offered two jabs. Not before.

Until then, if you can't enforce amber, make them red.

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

I'm fine.

Problem solved

Until then, if you can't enforce amber, make them red."

Do you think there may be a reason that decisions are made by politicians with scientific advisors rather than people scared of their own shadows on the internet?

Manchester (she/her)

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

I'm fine.

Problem solved

Do you think there may be a reason that decisions are made by politicians with scientific advisors rather than people scared of their own shadows on the internet?"

I do think that politicians make decisions for reasons. Some good, some bad.

I also think that if such rules are unenforceable, we should act in the common good.

I assume you're correct of course, that it is indeed uneforceable, rather than "if I say they can't do it maybe they won't enforce the rules". Like masks and vaccine passports.

I think it's long past time the UK stopped dicking around with restrictions, and if people want to scream about human rights to go on holiday, they can die mad about it.

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

I'm fine.

Problem solved

Do you think there may be a reason that decisions are made by politicians with scientific advisors rather than people scared of their own shadows on the internet?

I also think that if such rules are unenforceable, we should act in the common good.

I assume you're correct of course, that it is indeed uneforceable, rather than "if I say they can't do it maybe they won't enforce the rules". Like masks and vaccine passports.

I think it's long past time the UK stopped dicking around with restrictions, and if people want to scream about human rights to go on holiday, they can die mad about it."

The time to stop dicking about was when people were dying by the thousand daily.

The vaccines are working. This is almost over. Time to open up and get are continues fully open.

As it happens, I'm fucked if I'd go abroad - not because of being scared but because a holiday under restrictions is no holiday. I will wait until other countries catch up and stop restrictions.

I'm not slightly concerned by infection numbers increasing - hospitalisation and deaths will soon be the only metrics used by governments, and rightly so.

Manchester (she/her)

Not at all.

Unenforceable nonsense.

Are you ok?

I'm fine.

Problem solved

I think it's long past time the UK stopped dicking around with restrictions, and if people want to scream about human rights to go on holiday, they can die mad about it.

The time to stop dicking about was when people were dying by the thousand daily.

The vaccines are working. This is almost over. Time to open up and get are continues fully open.

As it happens, I'm fucked if I'd go abroad - not because of being scared but because a holiday under restrictions is no holiday. I will wait until other countries catch up and stop restrictions.

I'm not slightly concerned by infection numbers increasing - hospitalisation and deaths will soon be the only metrics used by governments, and rightly so."

Glad you think so. Your word is as useful as mine.

Heathrow - Red only

Other Airports - Green

Just a thought

Don't be silly. Majority are students studying paying a fortune. All about coppers. Not public health unfortunately

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"But really should we be allowing in folk from such a high risk country, regardless of quarantine measures?

There was a person from Bolton in my town yesterday. Walking down the street on the very day they arrived! Should have been turned away at the border!"

Obviously a "Bolton Wanderer"

Leeds

"

Obviously a "Bolton Wanderer" "

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

Hold on, if someone comes to your door, and you don't answer it because you're quarantining. It matters not if you're there, as you won't be answering it.

Am I missing something?

Leeds

"Hold on, if someone comes to your door, and you don't answer it because you're quarantining. It matters not if you're there, as you won't be answering it.

Am I missing something? "

You might be out, ignoring quarantine

"Hold on, if someone comes to your door, and you don't answer it because you're quarantining. It matters not if you're there, as you won't be answering it.

Am I missing something? "

Precisely. That's what I said earlier.

Unenforceable.

Am I missing something?

You might be out, ignoring quarantine"

Irrelevant. You can't convict somebody because of what they 'might' have done.

You need evidence.

There was a person from Bolton in my town yesterday. Walking down the street on the very day they arrived! Should have been turned away at the border!

Obviously a "Bolton Wanderer" "

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Do what the french did when the english variant was detected .they shut the borders down on england and left truck drivers stranded at a uk airbase for two weeks they wouldent let the uk or theire own who had been to the uk back into europe .we should do the same

» Add a new message to this topic