FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is track and trace still a thing?

Is track and trace still a thing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

We've been out out a couple of times now, pub etc. and we haven't been directed to any of those phone scan things or even asked to sign in? Is this right, has t and t stopped?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Everywhere I've been its there and not allowed in without scanning. Not sure if it's compulsory though.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I had to do it yesterday in Costa. Realised I had deleted the app a while back. Didn't take long to do but I did wonder at the point?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

At no point has anyone been traced and told to isolate from having being at the same venue with someone who then tested positive. If a staff member tests positive even those working close with them are rarely told to isolate let, alone someone who pops in for a takeaway coffee. Track and trace checking in at a venue is worse than pointless!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"At no point has anyone been traced and told to isolate from having being at the same venue with someone who then tested positive. If a staff member tests positive even those working close with them are rarely told to isolate let, alone someone who pops in for a takeaway coffee. Track and trace checking in at a venue is worse than pointless!"

Well that first point simply isnt true.

The last sentence is correct. It's been very poorly implemented and because noone signs out people can be made to isolate when not there at the same time or missed completely when they are.

It's crap, but some people are getting very rich from it.

"At no point has anyone been traced and told to isolate from having being at the same venue with someone who then tested positive. If a staff member tests positive even those working close with them are rarely told to isolate let, alone someone who pops in for a takeaway coffee. Track and trace checking in at a venue is worse than pointless!"

Yes there has.

I remember one where it the first day the pub had opened and all customers were contacted and the pub closed for 10 days.

Was it ever really a thing to be honest?

I never even downloaded the app and Iv been to lots of places. No ones ever seemed to care.

I think my friend wrote her name on a scrap of paper once when we went to a pub and that was it. Seemed pointless as she just put +4 next to her name.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

- “British researchers suggested back in February that the NHS contact tracing app saved thousands of lives in England and Wales. Some were skeptical, noting that the claim was based on extrapolation rather than hard evidence, but peer review has now backed the claim.”

- “The NHS contact-tracing app had a significant impact on lowering the spread of the coronavirus in the UK, a peer-reviewed paper has found.

Researchers estimate the app prevented hundreds of thousands of cases of the disease, and thousands of deaths.

"On average, each confirmed case who consented to notification of their contacts through the app prevented one new case," the paper claims.“

- “Researchers said the number of cases prevented was 284,000 on the modelling approach, and 594,000 using the statistical one. That translated to 4,200 or 8,700 prevented deaths respectively.”

westerham

"- “British researchers suggested back in February that the NHS contact tracing app saved thousands of lives in England and Wales. Some were skeptical, noting that the claim was based on extrapolation rather than hard evidence, but peer review has now backed the claim.”

- “The NHS contact-tracing app had a significant impact on lowering the spread of the coronavirus in the UK, a peer-reviewed paper has found.

Researchers estimate the app prevented hundreds of thousands of cases of the disease, and thousands of deaths.

"On average, each confirmed case who consented to notification of their contacts through the app prevented one new case," the paper claims.“

- “Researchers said the number of cases prevented was 284,000 on the modelling approach, and 594,000 using the statistical one. That translated to 4,200 or 8,700 prevented deaths respectively.”

"

Good info

Surprised then, on our very small sample size, its not been more rigorously implemented?

Track and trace is a legal requirement for businesses ... fact

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/venues-required-by-law-to-record-contact-details

Been giving a fake number since first lockdown, the theory behind track and trace is crap and the reality was my phone Number was sold to fucking loads of people,

here

"- “British researchers suggested back in February that the NHS contact tracing app saved thousands of lives in England and Wales. Some were skeptical, noting that the claim was based on extrapolation rather than hard evidence, but peer review has now backed the claim.”

Good info

Surprised then, on our very small sample size, its not been more rigorously implemented? "

You can lead a horse to water ....

westerham

Good info

Surprised then, on our very small sample size, its not been more rigorously implemented?

You can lead a horse to water ...."

Well we weren't asked to sign in and couldn't see a phone scan thing sign anyway, hence the question.

Seemed odd.

Last summer seemed quite strict by comparison.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Track and trace was never going to work, it's just another way to monitor your movements in marketing, breaching boundaries of a person privacy.

Same as CCTV live maps wasn't allowed this would also create more criminal activity as much as my above comment.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

that isn't true at all. I actually know a case at my local costa where many people were notified as a staff member tested positive.

I've noticed staff aren't telling you as much now but guessing that is because they think we would have got used to it by now.

I use mine except when in the settings it says please dont x

here

Good info

You can lead a horse to water ....

Well we weren't asked to sign in and couldn't see a phone scan thing sign anyway, hence the question.

Seemed odd.

Last summer seemed quite strict by comparison. "

The focus has now shifted towards the "papers, please" model. There appears to be less resistance to having your medical records tracked on a mobile device and viewed by any random citizen upon request.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Been giving a fake number since first lockdown, the theory behind track and trace is crap and the reality was my phone Number was sold to fucking loads of people, "
if you use the app your number was safe. As it doesnt use the app.

However not everywhere had a qr code...and I haven't had any dodgy calls giving my number out on track and trace.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I have 3 times

I wouldnt massively trust it in bars and restaurants. I worked part time in a bar for years while studying. I wasnt told until much later that an employee had covid and was sent home. Rest of staff were not informed, bar wasnt closed, no clean down. The next day we had over 200 peeps in with bookings. Think a bar will be forthcoming saying they have had an employee with covid when they would lose out on money? I know 3 bars its happened in just bars I know managers in. I quit after hearing that and wont be in a rush back to the pub

Newcastle

I don't believe many people under how much data is recovered by the device which is being used and nor does the person know how this information collected is being used without any acknowledgement but throw the right away of your rights to privacy moment you share or agree because sharing is also agreeing.

Only thing that prevented anything was lockdown people sticking to rules and getting vaccinated.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Been giving a fake number since first lockdown, the theory behind track and trace is crap and the reality was my phone Number was sold to fucking loads of people, "

This statement demonstrates how little people understand about the workings of the system.

Firstly, if you write your phone number on a form, it is almost certainly NOT going to be sold on, because nobody is willing to invest the time & money into manually typing those numbers into a computer.

Secondly, the paper registers that are in use at some pubs/restaurants etc are only looked at again IF that venue is contacted by the track & trace people, then the venue hands over the page of names who were onsite at the same time. After 2 weeks the paper registers must be destroyed (due to data protection laws) as they cease to be relevant any more.

Thirdly, giving false information just increases the (relatively small) odds of you infecting other people.

Cal

Newcastle

As for newspapers we must believe everything it's a marketing that sells stories whether true or false but very much edited to suit the requirements to sell to grab attention to the buyer

Newcastle

Firstly, if you write your phone number on a form, it is almost certainly NOT going to be sold on, because nobody is willing to invest the time & money into manually typing those numbers into a computer.

this is what marketing and scammers do as a living you do know that the most valuable asset is personal information which is more valuable than the currency cash

Newcastle

Cyber security how secure is it and what becomes leaked without any acknowledgement.

How much is past on to third-party which you have already given consent to without knowing.

List goes on.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's being requested here, in salons, coffee shops etc. The rules are unchanged, I believe

Newcastle

"It's being requested here, in salons, coffee shops etc. The rules are unchanged, I believe "

But if a person has been vaccinated their shouldn't be any valid reason to have any track or tracing track and trace was to monitor the virus before proceeding with the vaccination now because their are loads of people who are vaccinated and number of deaths down what purpose is tracking what's left to trace besides your own personal movement.

Central

"I don't believe many people under how much data is recovered by the device which is being used and nor does the person know how this information collected is being used without any acknowledgement but throw the right away of your rights to privacy moment you share or agree because sharing is also agreeing.

Only thing that prevented anything was lockdown people sticking to rules and getting vaccinated."

The app access privileges are user informed and controlled and the total data collection is governed by GDPR. The android and Apple underlying operating systems also dictate the method of operation of Covid systems used on them. All freely published material.

Paper records are kept at businesses and destroyed. GDPR rules apply to this too

"It's being requested here, in salons, coffee shops etc. The rules are unchanged, I believe

But if a person has been vaccinated their shouldn't be any valid reason to have any track or tracing track and trace was to monitor the virus before proceeding with the vaccination now because their are loads of people who are vaccinated and number of deaths down what purpose is tracking what's left to trace besides your own personal movement."

I think it's funny though how many complain about this but have no concerns regarding internet usage which are is all tracked

We're not out of this yet ... think it's more about figures and facts needed and so that we can get out of his sooner rather than later!

If people don't want to participate then just avoid anywhere that requires track and trace ... problem solved

Newcastle

"I don't believe many people under how much data is recovered by the device which is being used and nor does the person know how this information collected is being used without any acknowledgement but throw the right away of your rights to privacy moment you share or agree because sharing is also agreeing.

Only thing that prevented anything was lockdown people sticking to rules and getting vaccinated.

The app access privileges are user informed and controlled and the total data collection is governed by GDPR. The android and Apple underlying operating systems also dictate the method of operation of Covid systems used on them. All freely published material.

Paper records are kept at businesses and destroyed. GDPR rules apply to this too"

But the device a person is using collects data which is sold on to third-party regardless what action has been taken by another not all are governed by the same rules.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"At no point has anyone been traced and told to isolate from having being at the same venue with someone who then tested positive. If a staff member tests positive even those working close with them are rarely told to isolate let, alone someone who pops in for a takeaway coffee. Track and trace checking in at a venue is worse than pointless!

Well that first point simply isnt true.

The last sentence is correct. It's been very poorly implemented and because noone signs out people can be made to isolate when not there at the same time or missed completely when they are.

It's crap, but some people are getting very rich from it."

Well, it has served its purpose then.

Newcastle

"It's being requested here, in salons, coffee shops etc. The rules are unchanged, I believe

But if a person has been vaccinated their shouldn't be any valid reason to have any track or tracing track and trace was to monitor the virus before proceeding with the vaccination now because their are loads of people who are vaccinated and number of deaths down what purpose is tracking what's left to trace besides your own personal movement.

I think it's funny though how many complain about this but have no concerns regarding internet usage which are is all tracked

We're not out of this yet ... think it's more about figures and facts needed and so that we can get out of his sooner rather than later!

If people don't want to participate then just avoid anywhere that requires track and trace ... problem solved "

Pardon me but unless a person has set up preference, allowing, or not, isn't much the internet is able to do you need to allow. giving consent, not allowing protects what data is available.

It's like if turn off location no apps are able to identify where a person is unless via another source apps have their own way as well.

Newcastle

GPS monitor location of apps being used at any one time only way to disconnect is remove the battery or remove the app and any data connected to apps.

Newcastle

Whilst the internet was a fantastic development it also has huge flaws data protection and privacy.

Widely open.

teleford

"At no point has anyone been traced and told to isolate from having being at the same venue with someone who then tested positive. If a staff member tests positive even those working close with them are rarely told to isolate let, alone someone who pops in for a takeaway coffee. Track and trace checking in at a venue is worse than pointless!

Yes there has.

I remember one where it the first day the pub had opened and all customers were contacted and the pub closed for 10 days. "

Ok I stand corrected. There were a few occasions but little more than a media stunt! Had it really been in effect we would have had half the population ending up being told to isolate due to close contact when infections was at its peak

teleford

that isn't true at all. I actually know a case at my local costa where many people were notified as a staff member tested positive.

I've noticed staff aren't telling you as much now but guessing that is because they think we would have got used to it by now.

I use mine except when in the settings it says please dont x "

My local shop had half their staff test positive they stayed open, had 2 more staff test positive, finally closed 1/2 day to “deep clean” then carried on with the few staff that still remained symptom free.. same true of a restaurant in which my brother works.. some kitchen staff tested positive, no isolation notice to other staff working the same kitchen shift Let alone customers

By *rudy_77TV/TS  over a year ago

Whippingham

As far as I know, it's as much use as a teapot without a teabag, Google and Apple blocked it for privacy breach reasons.

Central

Paper records are kept at businesses and destroyed. GDPR rules apply to this too

But the device a person is using collects data which is sold on to third-party regardless what action has been taken by another not all are governed by the same rules."

Sure, device and general personal privacy should be a massive concern for us all. Though the track and trace privacy is inconsequential compared to the overall intrusions into our privacy are negligent in comparison

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Track and trace was a lot of nonsence for the most part.

The only viable solution in the long term was vaccination of the entire population; the authorities knew this from the outset which is why the contracts with vaccine manufacturers was signed so early.

Look at the shambles at airports; passengers from India mixing with others from other countries.

Governments like to convey the impression that they are in control, but Track and Trace was a waste of vast amount ofmoney and resources ab initio, and they knew it.

The inquiry and report will confirm this if truth be told.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

They were dead serious about it last time I was out in manchester. The bouncers made sure everyone scanned in which was a pain in the arse.

Always was a joke from the start costing billions of which we all paid for and politicians mates getting no contest contracts.

Criminals would have loved it also, imaging skimming the info from cards and phones knowing exactly where you are at any moment of the day.

Think about that!

Newcastle

"Always was a joke from the start costing billions of which we all paid for and politicians mates getting no contest contracts.

Criminals would have loved it also, imaging skimming the info from cards and phones knowing exactly where you are at any moment of the day.

Think about that! "

But it is worrying how clueless people can be then unable to understand how they might have been scammed or any other criminal activity they may have been effected by, even in general using their device leaking out personal information and have been doing for many years people need to learn how to not only uses their devices safely but securely as each person can affect another by the information they have.

Newcastle

Their is also a case I remember something along the lines of sharing information about one person without the other knowledge which breaches their right to protect his or her privacy it's classified as a crime.

here

"A report from the SPI-B committee of Government scientists admitted that data from one in ten peoples’ phones were tracked in February, without their owners’ express knowledge.

The figures were used by researchers at Oxford University, who carried out studies for the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours (SPI-B), which advises the Sage group of Government scientific advisers […]

By comparing the movements of the vaccinated people against a different control group the scientists found that their “average pre-vaccination mobility increased by 218 meters [sic]”.

The government defended the action by saying that user privacy wasn’t compromised as data was anonymized, and locations were approximate."

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

We had someone test positive in our office and the track and trace app very tightly told those around to self isolate, however our office decided to evacuate the whole place and no one was allowed back for 10 days. So track and trace does tell people to isolate.

Lily

"We've been out out a couple of times now, pub etc. and we haven't been directed to any of those phone scan things or even asked to sign in? Is this right, has t and t stopped? "

I don't own a mobile phone. If someone wishes to speak to me then they are most welcome to call my landline. I will only return their call after having checked out the missed caller feature.

I have been to exactly as many pubs in the last twelve months, 2 years, 5 years.

Fact.

» Add a new message to this topic