FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > HPV vaccine and Covid vaccine

HPV vaccine and Covid vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello folks. Just after your collective thoughts on this and generally on hpv vaccine. Ive had neither as yet. I only just found out about the hpv vaccine being given by boots up to age 44. I am 44. Apoarently getting covid vac and hpv vac at the same time within weeks of each other is not advisable as obviously you dont want to confuse your immune system with too much at one go.

Is anybody on the hpv vac program ? If so how are you being advised ascregards your covid injections ? ..

Thanks for any advice.

G

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can't speak to the current program, but I had the HPV jabs when they were newly approved (2009) and had no problems.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

They are advising that you leave 7 days between any vaccines currently

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

I'm going to have the hpv vaccine. Only downside I'd the current price. About £465 for the three.

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

HPV is worth having, as many issues can occur when these grow into tumors. Most non cancerous. Prevention is better can cure.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d get the hpv first that’s something you don’t want covid is negligible for 99% of the population

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm going to have the hpv vaccine. Only downside I'd the current price. About £465 for the three. "

Ouch.

(Thank you Australian government for paying for it )

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"I'm going to have the hpv vaccine. Only downside I'd the current price. About £465 for the three. "

About 5 years ago I was offered the hpv vaccine on the NHS - specifically as part of a programme for under 45 men-who-have-sex-with-men; rather a nice surprise as I'd shortlisted it as a todo item anyhow and started saving for it.

I believe this programme is still operating; if you happen to occasionally swing that way, poke your local discreet clinic and find out.

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

"I'm going to have the hpv vaccine. Only downside I'd the current price. About £465 for the three.

About 5 years ago I was offered the hpv vaccine on the NHS - specifically as part of a programme for under 45 men-who-have-sex-with-men; rather a nice surprise as I'd shortlisted it as a todo item anyhow and started saving for it.

I believe this programme is still operating; if you happen to occasionally swing that way, poke your local discreet clinic and find out."

I was offered the Hep A vaccine when I was at the NHS clinic when I received the Hep B vaccine. I didn't take it though as I don't swing that way. I did consider saying yes but then I'd have been lying and didn't fancy lying about that part of my life.

I only thought people under the age of 25 could get the hpv for free from the NHS now otherwise I'd have asked for it.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

As someone else said above, current advice is to leave 7 days between having different vaccines but there's no reason why you can't have both with a week's gap.

has the advice on hpv changed? i thought the vaccine was only any good to you if you have never had hpv, and most unvaccinated people who are sexually active will have had hpv because its so common with generally no symptoms

otherwise i cant understand why they are not targetting women who have already had cervical cell changes, particularly on more than one occasion

North West

"has the advice on hpv changed? i thought the vaccine was only any good to you if you have never had hpv, and most unvaccinated people who are sexually active will have had hpv because its so common with generally no symptoms

otherwise i cant understand why they are not targetting women who have already had cervical cell changes, particularly on more than one occasion "

This might explain a bit?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-hpv-cervical-cancer-cervarix-gardasil-vaccine/

"has the advice on hpv changed? i thought the vaccine was only any good to you if you have never had hpv, and most unvaccinated people who are sexually active will have had hpv because its so common with generally no symptoms

otherwise i cant understand why they are not targetting women who have already had cervical cell changes, particularly on more than one occasion

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-hpv-cervical-cancer-cervarix-gardasil-vaccine/"

i’ve just been reading that ... the men up to 45 that sleep with other men are getting it free because they have not benefitted from the “long standing” girls vaccine programme ... well its not been going for 30 years, so what about the women who are under 45 but were older than 15 when it kicked in... so have had no benefit from the girls programme either

it does say this though so might not be worth it for the older guys ... just seems if its worth it for the men its worth it for the women

“ The HPV vaccine works best if girls and boys get it before they come into contact with HPV (in other words, before they become sexually active).

Most unvaccinated people will be infected with some type of HPV at some time in their life.

The virus does not usually do any harm because the person's immune system clears the infection. But sometimes the infection stays in the body for many years, and then it may start to cause damage.”

North West

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-hpv-cervical-cancer-cervarix-gardasil-vaccine/

i’ve just been reading that ... the men up to 45 that sleep with other men are getting it free because they have not benefitted from the “long standing” girls vaccine programme ... well its not been going for 30 years, so what about the women who are under 45 but were older than 15 when it kicked in... so have had no benefit from the girls programme either

it does say this though so might not be worth it for the older guys ... just seems if its worth it for the men its worth it for the women

“ The HPV vaccine works best if girls and boys get it before they come into contact with HPV (in other words, before they become sexually active).

Most unvaccinated people will be infected with some type of HPV at some time in their life.

The virus does not usually do any harm because the person's immune system clears the infection. But sometimes the infection stays in the body for many years, and then it may start to cause damage.”

"

I'm not entirely clear on the rationale either. Maybe it's because we women have (or should have) smear tests to pick up things? I don't know, to be fair.

I'm not happy that the smear test is now only testing for HPV rather than looking at all samples for evidence of changes. What about the cases of cervical cell changes or cancer that are not HPV related? I realise these are apparently small in number, but there's still a number...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/

" I'm not entirely clear on the rationale either. Maybe it's because we women have (or should have) smear tests to pick up things? I don't know, to be fair.

I'm not happy that the smear test is now only testing for HPV rather than looking at all samples for evidence of changes. What about the cases of cervical cell changes or cancer that are not HPV related? I realise these are apparently small in number, but there's still a number...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/ "

totally agree , ive had cells removed twice , one of the times i had been to colposcopy 6 weeks earlier and been told no issues just some ph imbalance , then an appointment mix up meant i was back and happened to get them removed there and then on the day because it was so aggressive in such a short space of time

yet now women can go 3 years between smears , average person gets rid of hpv naturally within 2 years , so you could be negative at smears wither end of the infection, but the damage is already done and not picked up - was pretty angry about it when i found out

I'm not entirely clear on the rationale either. Maybe it's because we women have (or should have) smear tests to pick up things? I don't know, to be fair.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/"

I don't like any of the changes to smear tests.

A friends daughter who is 26 was told by GP as she is a lesbian and never had sex with a man she doesn't need a smear test and to only book one in if she has been having sex with men!

My friend researched this and even though the risk if you never have sex with men is low you should still have a smear.

Does a surgery have a legal obligation to offer a smear?

Immuniser here... leave 7 days

North West

A friends daughter who is 26 was told by GP as she is a lesbian and never had sex with a man she doesn't need a smear test and to only book one in if she has been having sex with men!

My friend researched this and even though the risk if you never have sex with men is low you should still have a smear.

Does a surgery have a legal obligation to offer a smear?"

I don't know about legal obligation but I know my GP when I was 21 agreed I should have a smear (age had just been raised to 25) because I'd had a baby at 16 and therefore, in theory, could have gone nearly 10yrs before a smear. I got the smear but the GP had to come and insist that the nurse did it, she tried to send me away.

This is one occasion I'd say a lie is a good idea. The friend should say she's had sex with a man. I totally get that it shouldn't be like that, but it'd presumably do the trick? You can pay for smears privately, but again, isn't exactly the point.

Does a surgery have a legal obligation to offer a smear?

I don't know about legal obligation but I know my GP when I was 21 agreed I should have a smear (age had just been raised to 25) because I'd had a baby at 16 and therefore, in theory, could have gone nearly 10yrs before a smear. I got the smear but the GP had to come and insist that the nurse did it, she tried to send me away.

This is one occasion I'd say a lie is a good idea. The friend should say she's had sex with a man. I totally get that it shouldn't be like that, but it'd presumably do the trick? You can pay for smears privately, but again, isn't exactly the point."

Iv had them since I was 20 as I was 20 before the age changed.

Thats a good plan I will suggest that.

Thank you. X

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

I think regardless of age and sex we all should be getting this vaccine, a smear or other test type for men to confirm no hpv is present then vaccinate against it...makes sense really I think. A friend of mine had been having sex since the age of 16, at the age of 21 she never had a smear although was on the contraceptive pill prescribed by her doctor, I suggested that she should ask for a smear as she was sexually active, she did and got one..what they found was that she had very early stages of cervical cancer,she had no symptoms, luckily it was treatable. It would have been a very different outcome had she not insisted on having the a smear test.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Men are not effected by HPV but can still obviously carry it. I am 41 and the vaccine was never available to our age group. I have since had a scare with an abnormal smear. My 13 year old daughter has recently had the first dose of the vaccine. She has one more to go.

North West

"Men are not effected by HPV but can still obviously carry it. I am 41 and the vaccine was never available to our age group. I have since had a scare with an abnormal smear. My 13 year old daughter has recently had the first dose of the vaccine. She has one more to go."

It's not accurate that HPV doesn't affect men. Penile cancers, anal cancers and others can be caused by HPV. Also obviously warts.

"Men are not effected by HPV but can still obviously carry it. I am 41 and the vaccine was never available to our age group. I have since had a scare with an abnormal smear. My 13 year old daughter has recently had the first dose of the vaccine. She has one more to go.

It's not accurate that HPV doesn't affect men. Penile cancers, anal cancers and others can be caused by HPV. Also obviously warts. "

totally this , they originally didn’t vaccinate boys because some warped logic told them that if all the girls were vaccinated then the boys couldnt catch it ... the policy makers obviously had a very narrow view of the types of sex people are having

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Men are not effected by HPV but can still obviously carry it. I am 41 and the vaccine was never available to our age group. I have since had a scare with an abnormal smear. My 13 year old daughter has recently had the first dose of the vaccine. She has one more to go.

It's not accurate that HPV doesn't affect men. Penile cancers, anal cancers and others can be caused by HPV. Also obviously warts.

totally this , they originally didn’t vaccinate boys because some warped logic told them that if all the girls were vaccinated then the boys couldnt catch it ... the policy makers obviously had a very narrow view of the types of sex people are having "

It may have been helped along by some homophobia too. That protection is stronger when all partners are vaccinated, is also important. There may be instances of a woman not gaining a strong immune response but if she has male partners who were vaccinated, she could be afforded greater protection

"I’d get the hpv first that’s something you don’t want covid is negligible for 99% of the population "

This is my thinking..

I only just found out about it or id have had it .. they say it doesnt interfere with the covid vaccine but tgeres a fair bit of conflicting info about the interval between injections and as i turn 45 in a months time and wont be eligible for boots hpv program .. typical timing sucks :-/

"

Yes ive read all these pages. The new gardasil 9 hpv vaccine rolled out tobreplace the original gardasil protects against 9 of the most deadly strains. Its entirely possible you dont have a good few of these and the new vac protects against them. Cant see a reason not to have it even at my age. All kids get it now atv12 13 years old.

You might have hpv 85 pc of the popukation do, but exactly what strains you wont know. Its a chunk of money yes, but tbh ive saved way more than tgat by being kept out the pubs iver the last year (lol) so im not fussed about the money. Also im straight and im not going to lie about my sexuality to try get it free although i suppose that would work. Im pretty pissed off that i havent been informed about it via nhs as i asked a good few times. Boots supposedly just started this in 2019 so just pre covid ..

It's not accurate that HPV doesn't affect men. Penile cancers, anal cancers and others can be caused by HPV. Also obviously warts. "

Men very definitely are affected by hpv, very much so. Its implicated in a number of cancers. Out of all the vaccines around that have a cancer prevention function hpv is right up there for men and women.

» Add a new message to this topic