FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Younger generation

Younger generation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unlovers OP   Couple  over a year ago

rotherham

Do you find that people in their thirties seem to not be so bothered about getting the vaccine

Don’t mean to offend anyone by this but I’m just a bit annoyed as my son won’t go

I can’t force him but I’ve found others of his age group feel the same

Why?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Do you find that people in their thirties seem to not be so bothered about getting the vaccine

Don’t mean to offend anyone by this but I’m just a bit annoyed as my son won’t go

Why?."

I think some still feel that they are invincible at that age and there are I dare say those that don't have much faith in the government of this country either which I can to an extent understand at times.

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

I am afraid modern life has produced a selfish generation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lack of evidence to say it’s even worth it when the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people yet the vaccine has been linked to strange side effects that get covered up/ignored

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

I'm a old fart (mr4)and part of the so called measles generation and remember being at primary school where a brother and sister both had hearing aids due to measles plus my uncle had polio and had a leg brace and so your sons generation hasn't had the life experience of that?? and we were all young once and thought it would never happen to me ??

I'm in my 30s and got it as soon as I was offered, got it early too for some reason.

I dont think 1 in 4000000 for bad side effects is worse than getting covid.

I have seen what it does to both young and old, and some very fit and healthy people, I was ill for a day with the vaccine.

rotherham

Part of me understands his reasons and yet everyone is trying so hard to get their vaccines

I suppose I just wanted him to do the same

But who am I to tell him

I’m only his caring mother

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Everyone I know is champing at the bit. (I'm 35)

In fact of people I know it's people in their 40s-60s who are more likely to have turned it down

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I'm in my 30s as are a lot of my friends I've had the vaccine as my work place joined the zero waste scheme. A lot of people in their 30s are only just being invited to get it (maybe only in my area) but are desperate for it

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm in my 30s as are a lot of my friends I've had the vaccine as my work place joined the zero waste scheme. A lot of people in their 30s are only just being invited to get it (maybe only in my area) but are desperate for it "

I got my text a week ago and letter yesterday. I'll be 36 late this year.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I imagine those 30 and under look around and see 99% of the people there age have no problems if they catch covid.so look at it why should i have a jab for something that isnta threat to them.knowing what i was like between 18-25 im pretty sure i wouldnt of been getting jabbed either.oh what an extra 20 odd years does for your way of thinking

rotherham

I wasn’t trying to offend anyone as I’m sure people in that age group on a swingers site will deffo get thiers

It’s just family and people I know of that age

Xx

Manchester (she/her)

"I imagine those 30 and under look around and see 99% of the people there age have no problems if they catch covid.so look at it why should i have a jab for something that isnta threat to them.knowing what i was like between 18-25 im pretty sure i wouldnt of been getting jabbed either.oh what an extra 20 odd years does for your way of thinking"

Maybe it's me and the people I hang out with, but March- April last year I/we had a flurry of "Mum, Dad, you are *not* going anywhere. Stay. At. Home. You're too young to die"

My mum laughed and grounded me back. But for me it was a shocking realisation that... my parents aren't that young anymore.

I might be fine. They might not be.

(My one remaining grandparent basically doesn't go out )

Manchester (she/her)

"I wasn’t trying to offend anyone as I’m sure people in that age group on a swingers site will deffo get thiers

Xx"

Not offended - just, a different perspective

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Lack of evidence to say it’s even worth it when the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people yet the vaccine has been linked to strange side effects that get covered up/ignored"

"....the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people...."

-----------------------

That statement above is *not* true.

Whilst most of the people dying from the virus are old or vulnerable people, there are over 1 million people suffering from Long Covid with debilitating effects.

The majority of the people suffering from Long Covid are between 35 - 49 year olds (not the older generation)

Long Covid affects people who are healthy with no underlying issues.

Contracting covid has caused so many healthy people to become vulnerable.

"Do you find that people in their thirties seem to not be so bothered about getting the vaccine

Why?."

Not at all.

The uptake for the vaccine is 100% for those aged 30 and upwards in my area.

I think it depends on the person's personality rather than age. I can't wait to get mine and a lot of my peers are the same. The only situation where someone younger said they didn't want it is because they've had very bad reactions to other vaccines (non-covid ones) and so they didn't want to risk it which I find to be more than fair.

But yeah hopefully a few more days and I can book mine in

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

My 20something son had his 1st jab a month ago, and he had wanted it since it had been announced that there was a vaccine available.

Of his mates most have said they will have it, and they have been really good with following lockdown/social distancing restrictions, which I was pleasantly surprised with.

Now my 45yr sister and her fiancé have turned down the jab, but they are both very heavily in to conspiracy theories, so no surprise there.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think it depends on the person's personality rather than age. I can't wait to get mine and a lot of my peers are the same. The only situation where someone younger said they didn't want it is because they've had very bad reactions to other vaccines (non-covid ones) and so they didn't want to risk it which I find to be more than fair.

But yeah hopefully a few more days and I can book mine in "

Yes. I have family history of severe vaccine reaction (life threatening severe) and I was nervous about this person getting it.

(They got a sore arm, I got a day in bed )

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Lack of evidence to say it’s even worth it when the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people yet the vaccine has been linked to strange side effects that get covered up/ignored"

Side effects don't get ignored or coveredup. All are recorded for each of the several different vaccines.

The virus has many terrible effects other than death, meaning that it does affect more than the 1% that you claim. Long covid can affect young and older, as 1 clear example. It causes organ damage and failure too. We really need to get away from the dangerous memes spread via social media etc, that this is just an illness that affects older people.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We've found the opposite. All of our children, their friends and younger work colleagues are all having the jab. I suppose there will always be pockets of people that you come across with opposing views but hopefully it will be a minority.

rotherham

Hope so

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

"Part of me understands his reasons and yet everyone is trying so hard to get their vaccines

But who am I to tell him

I’m only his caring mother "

You could say "I respect your decision because you're my son. Now you respect my decision to not allow you within 2 metres of me"

Manchester (she/her)

"Part of me understands his reasons and yet everyone is trying so hard to get their vaccines

But who am I to tell him

I’m only his caring mother

You could say "I respect your decision because you're my son. Now you respect my decision to not allow you within 2 metres of me"

"

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I wasn’t trying to offend anyone as I’m sure people in that age group on a swingers site will deffo get thiers

Xx"

it will be the influence of all these fake news stories I think. Mixed with them seeming to believe that at their age they will be fine. My son had his once it became clear it was going to protect others.

Also once he realised that travel maybe restricted

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

Why?."

The Govt spent time and effort repeatedly saying the effects of Covid are less the younger you are.

In Dec/Jan it was vaccinate the 50+ and those with health issues. Now it's vaccinate everyone 18+ and talk yesterday in the Commons of vaccinate children 12+

Its not a question of selfish for some of my 30+ friends they have said its a question of 'do I need it'.

Its all personal choice but folks are getting them with 38.2m of adults having 1 dose and 23.2m of adults having both doses. Thats 72% of adults according to Govt figures.

Manchester (she/her)

Why?.

The Govt spent time and effort repeatedly saying the effects of Covid are less the younger you are.

In Dec/Jan it was vaccinate the 50+ and those with health issues. Now it's vaccinate everyone 18+ and talk yesterday in the Commons of vaccinate children 12+

Its not a question of selfish for some of my 30+ friends they have said its a question of 'do I need it'.

Its all personal choice but folks are getting them with 38.2m of adults having 1 dose and 23.2m of adults having both doses. Thats 72% of adults according to Govt figures."

I'm obviously of a different mindset, but...

When I get my second jab, I'm going to be asking if I can see the results of my antibody tests (they're taking them for the trial I'm on).

I want to know if I'm a danger to the people around me or not.

The risk to me of an experimental vaccine (I'm on a phase 3 trial, actually experimental) might be higher than Covid. I don't know.

I hope I become part of the human shield protecting my parents, aunts, uncles, other vulnerable relatives, etc.

It isn't about me

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Why?.

Its all personal choice but folks are getting them with 38.2m of adults having 1 dose and 23.2m of adults having both doses. Thats 72% of adults according to Govt figures.

I'm obviously of a different mindset, but...

When I get my second jab, I'm going to be asking if I can see the results of my antibody tests (they're taking them for the trial I'm on).

I want to know if I'm a danger to the people around me or not.

The risk to me of an experimental vaccine (I'm on a phase 3 trial, actually experimental) might be higher than Covid. I don't know.

I hope I become part of the human shield protecting my parents, aunts, uncles, other vulnerable relatives, etc.

It isn't about me "

By *wan64Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think younger people don't think covid will affect them.

They forget it effects everyone around them.

They could have the virus but no symptoms.

I am having 2nd vaccine on Friday.

I'm in my 30s and haven't had the vaccine yet purely because I haven't had time to go will get around to it soon.

"I think younger people don't think covid will affect them.

I am having 2nd vaccine on Friday. "

That's a wild generalisation to make.

Manchester (she/her)

That's a wild generalisation to make."

Yeah, I'm not sure this is a generational thing. I've seen plenty of older people say "well I'm fit and healthy and I'm in a first world country, I'll be fine" too.

It's a mindset not an age.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Why?."

It’s attitude not age and it’s not about whether they are worried about covid either. Covid has never concerned me in the slightest but I jumped the queue to the vaccine as soon as it was available for the benefit of others

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Why?."

I've had exactly the same conversation with my daughters. One studying for her doctorate and the other a Architect,,, both refusing to have it for the foreseeable

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My 28 year old wants it but the 21 year old doesn't! My 25 year old granddaughter is adamant not to have it x

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

How do you know if there covered up

Manchester (she/her)

"Lack of evidence to say it’s even worth it when the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people yet the vaccine has been linked to strange side effects that get covered up/ignored

How do you know if there covered up "

That's a wild generalisation to make.

Yeah, I'm not sure this is a generational thing. I've seen plenty of older people say "well I'm fit and healthy and I'm in a first world country, I'll be fine" too.

It's a mindset not an age."

Couldn't agree more.

Seems to be lots of sweeping statements being made all the time.

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Xx"

I'll be getting mine when I'm offered and I'm 24. I've seen people my age die from it. No ones invincible and if they think they are they need a reality check.

Manchester (she/her)

Xx

I'll be getting mine when I'm offered and I'm 24. I've seen people my age die from it. No ones invincible and if they think they are they need a reality check."

I'm sorry

Lots of selfish and stupid people trying to shame others into getting a vaccine? Shock horror what a surprise. You guys just love repeating the same crap

"Lots of selfish and stupid people trying to shame others into getting a vaccine? Shock horror what a surprise. You guys just love repeating the same crap "

Why is telling the truth shaming...and think you need to look up the definition of selfish. The vaccine is for the good of us all... however if someone doesnt want it , then that is there choice.

I've had mine and encouraged my friends and family to do so too... and yes that meant showing them that a lot of their fears were unfounded or came from fake news... but ultimately it is not my call.

I think those not wanting it are in the minority

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Have to say many of us working in vaccination centres around here thought when we got to the younger generation people perhaps wouldn't come forward for the jab but I'm pleased to say we're seeing great uptake. I think the Indian variant doing the rounds has frightened them

"Have to say many of us working in vaccination centres around here thought when we got to the younger generation people perhaps wouldn't come forward for the jab but I'm pleased to say we're seeing great uptake. I think the Indian variant doing the rounds has frightened them"

Prob more the fear of maybe travel or clubs / bars / events not letting people in without it. Has played into it far more .

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Why?."

Because the risk to them is minimal.

I am 26 had my forst one second one very soon i cant wait

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"I am afraid modern life has produced a selfish generation."

A little harsh on the younger generation I've found the older generation to be less aware of social distance and guidance.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The evidence is VERY obvious, when you look at the statistics. The vaccine has massively increased the survival rate of those infected, as well as drastically reducing transmission.

Unfortunately, too many are choosing to "educate" themselves via Facebook and YouTube and believe that "science" is lying to them.

When the government made up the statistics of 1/3 don’t even know they have the virus it’s a bit hard to accept that the vaccine had made any difference for a virus that has mutated and gotten less severe restrictions as time went on beginning of last year it was pneumonia and life support by April it was the sniffles

Scunthorpe

"When the government made up the statistics of 1/3 don’t even know they have the virus it’s a bit hard to accept that the vaccine had made any difference for a virus that has mutated and gotten less severe restrictions as time went on beginning of last year it was pneumonia and life support by April it was the sniffles "

The mass testing has shown that most of those testing positive had no symptoms, so they "don't even know they have it"... doesn't stop them from passing it on though.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

I've seen what it did to a 28 yo body builder and 30 yo relatively fit lad. They are wanting to be first in the queue when their age groups get called.

Yes, it is less deadly for that age group, but they can still take a kicking from the virus.

If was in my 30's I would most probably balance up the risks and think it was not worth getting the jab.

Manchester (she/her)

"When the government made up the statistics of 1/3 don’t even know they have the virus it’s a bit hard to accept that the vaccine had made any difference for a virus that has mutated and gotten less severe restrictions as time went on beginning of last year it was pneumonia and life support by April it was the sniffles "

So January didn't happen?

If the UK government is responsible for a pack of lies, are they also responsible for the devastation in India or the ~600k dead in the US?

I'm with you on this one! Not to mention the fact that the vaccine isn't actually that effective - actual risk reduction rate is 1-2%. I feel uncomfortable at the bribery and emotional bl@ckmail around having it as well.

Scunthorpe

"I'm with you on this one! Not to mention the fact that the vaccine isn't actually that effective - actual risk reduction rate is 1-2%. I feel uncomfortable at the bribery and emotional bl@ckmail around having it as well."

I'm not sure where you get your figures from. The jabs being used in this country are proven to have 90% or more efficacy, whish reducing the chance of infection by around 80% and reducing onward transmission by upto 65%.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Have to say many of us working in vaccination centres around here thought when we got to the younger generation people perhaps wouldn't come forward for the jab but I'm pleased to say we're seeing great uptake. I think the Indian variant doing the rounds has frightened them

Prob more the fear of maybe travel or clubs / bars / events not letting people in without it. Has played into it far more . "

To be honest, I don't particularly care what's frightened them into it as long as they're having it

Manchester (she/her)

"Have to say many of us working in vaccination centres around here thought when we got to the younger generation people perhaps wouldn't come forward for the jab but I'm pleased to say we're seeing great uptake. I think the Indian variant doing the rounds has frightened them

Prob more the fear of maybe travel or clubs / bars / events not letting people in without it. Has played into it far more .

To be honest, I don't particularly care what's frightened them into it as long as they're having it "

I'm not frightened. I'm delighted to be doing my bit

"I'm with you on this one! Not to mention the fact that the vaccine isn't actually that effective - actual risk reduction rate is 1-2%. I feel uncomfortable at the bribery and emotional bl@ckmail around having it as well."
where do you get that for the reduction rate as its much higher... over 80%

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

I’m 33 and get my first jab tomorrow. I had to pick a centre that is an hours drive away from me because all the other centres near me are fully booked. I genuinely feel that your son and friends are the exception rather than the rule, otherwise I wouldn’t be doing a 2 hour round trip just to get jabbed. Also all my friends and colleagues of a similar age have all booked their jabs except one who doesn’t want it, but again, exception to the rule.

Lily

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Hamburg, Germany

"I’m 33 and get my first jab tomorrow. I had to pick a centre that is an hours drive away from me because all the other centres near me are fully booked. I genuinely feel that your son and friends are the exception rather than the rule, otherwise I wouldn’t be doing a 2 hour round trip just to get jabbed. Also all my friends and colleagues of a similar age have all booked their jabs except one who doesn’t want it, but again, exception to the rule.

Lily "

I agree with this; all my friends and I are very eager to get vaccinated!

Conspiracy theorism has gripped a lot of people I've found but some just don't feel it's worth it because it apparently doesn't affect people that much

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Here we go. Let's bash the millennials again.

This millennial (just about) is working FT AND volunteering to give the damned vaccinations and the vast majority of the volunteers I've worked with doing my admin support (voluntarily) have been people in their 20s and 30s. The pharmacists running the centre 7 days a week are in their 30s - they've not had a single day off since the vaccine programme started.

All my colleagues who are in the age range for the vaccine wish to have it, and I can see many people in their 30s clamouring to get it in my wider friendship group.

The only person I know who absolutely refuses to be vaccinated is my mother. She is a conspiracy theorist and she is 62. Bloody boomers *some sarcasm intended*

Why?."

Not in our 30s just yet!

We had both of ours, purely for selfish reasons....mainly go abroad ASAP but most of our friends have refused due to being fit and healthy. They see no point with such a low death rate

rotherham

There ya go

I'm not in my 30s yet, but my husband is. We've both been vaccinated and pretty much everyone I know is hoping to get it soon too. =)

rotherham

I’m 30s.

I’m not getting it and and I know at least 5 of my friends that are also not getting it.

I also know a few people in their 50s who have decided against it too. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with age.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Why?."

No. Pretty much everyone i know in that bracket have been chomping at thd bit to get theirs done.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You dint think that the vaccine... You know, the one reported to lessen the severe symptoms, might gavd gad an effect of it becoming the 'sniffles'?! The vaccine that started rolling out in January so that an effect could be seen by April?!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I’m 30s.

I’m not getting it and and I know at least 5 of my friends that are also not getting it.

I also know a few people in their 50s who have decided against it too. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with age. "

Data becoming clearer about teens with vaccine-caused myocarditis, including some fatal heart attacks.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

You can be Asymptomatic, that means you have no signs, no health issues, but are in fact spewing out the virus to anyone you go near.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Full clinic of 30 age group all day yesterday in one of our tiny GP Practices seems to be going ok near me for that age group

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I know some who had it or have just booked appointments.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

This is a bad generalisation, and not entirely true.

i believe adults aged 30-50 during the 80s were more selfish.

Everyone's choice

Motherwell

"Lack of evidence to say it’s even worth it when the virus doesn’t affect 99% of healthy people yet the vaccine has been linked to strange side effects that get covered up/ignored

You can be Asymptomatic, that means you have no signs, no health issues, but are in fact spewing out the virus to anyone you go near."

I get tested twoce per week at work. No antibodies in my system and not yet caught covid. Regarding my personal welfare, i am ot worried about covid.

It seems in all honesty the nunbers have been badly scewed, why? i gave no idea.

Why do i believe this? well i had an uncle and an aunt die, it was regustered as a cocid deatg, when it clearly wasnt for either.

i have heard similar from other people as well, including those in the medical profession

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

They won't get the vaccine because of ?? but merrily eat all sorts of fast food etc crap and drink fosters/carling ?? but that's the same for most age groups ....BBC 1 tonight at 9 ...just see what we are feeding our kids and ourselves ..then come back and bang on about the perceived dangers of the vaccine !!

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

" They won't get the vaccine because of ?? but merrily eat all sorts of fast food etc crap and drink fosters/carling ?? but that's the same for most age groups ....BBC 1 tonight at 9 ...just see what we are feeding our kids and ourselves ..then come back and bang on about the perceived dangers of the vaccine !!"

Big difference in what u eat and a vacine! x

After leaving my vaccine for a couple of weeks due to been to busy to go I have just booked in to one near where I'm working on Sunday so can go on the way home, main reason for getting it is so I can tut and look down on people who haven't had it even tho I couldn't care less

What's it got to do with anyone else at the end of the day? If your vaccinated then you are 100% safe according to your argument!! Getting the vaccine doesn't stop you carrying or passing it on, so what's it matter if someone doesn't want it?

By *endydick.CumbersnatchMan  over a year ago

Midlands

It's the same as with politics. Younger generations feel less in power and control of their future due to old white men telling them what to do. Apathy then sets in.

By *oung GunnerMan  over a year ago

Cleckheaton

I’ve had both of mine as I’m a kidney transplant recipient , after the first one I had flue symptoms but that’s due to the immunosuppressant transplant drugs iam on, had no symptoms with the 2nd one .

Motherwell

"It's the same as with politics. Younger generations feel less in power and control of their future due to old white men telling them what to do. Apathy then sets in. "

Not sure it a case of old white men, or the fact they appear to be purposefullly Incompetent when dealing with things important for the populace but highly adept at filling their own pockets. and the fact that no matter who gets "Voted" in the same old shit applies.

An article in the Lancet from 20th April this year. The higher figures you and another poster mention relate to relative risk and do not take into the (very small) risk of getting infected or getting Ill. Actual risk reduction is a more useful statistic and is show to be 1-2%

» Add a new message to this topic