FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > BBC presenter dies after covid shot

BBC presenter dies after covid shot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aussage OP   Man  over a year ago

Stalbridge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57267169

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Your point being?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Your point being? "
I think it’s because the presenter Lisa shaw had the jab that has links to blood clots and her family said she sadly died due to blood clots

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I believe the story says a possible link to the vaccination is being investigated.

darlington

She had the astrazenica jab just been looking at the article in the local paper

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

It's says in the report that it's not definitely caused by the vaccine but reading it looks like it.

However cases are still extremely rare and 58 death's out of 35 million doses is still a very small number.

Which is absolutely no help at all to the families but all drug's carry risk's.

Be interested to know the number of deaths relating to reaction to something like paracetamol for example?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

[Removed by poster at 27/05/21 20:43:14]

Dubai

"She had the astrazenica jab just been looking at the article in the local paper "

What happened after her jab was she ill straight away?

Me a friend of 42 and my 20 old daughter all had the as jab a few months ago at the same time , me and and my friend were absolutely fine other than dead arms, but fuck my daughter was so ill, almost took her to a&e that night, it was like a bad case of malaria, she was on fire, could hardly breathe , in pain , headache lasted all night and the next day. Never seen her so Ill in her life was quite scary

darlington

"She had the astrazenica jab just been looking at the article in the local paper

What happened after her jab was she ill straight away?

Me a friend of 42 and my 20 old daughter all had the as jab a few months ago at the same time , me and and my friend were absolutely fine other than dead arms, but fuck my daughter was so ill, almost took her to a&e that night, it was like a bad case of malaria, she was on fire, could hardly breathe , in pain , headache lasted all night and the next day. Never seen her so Ill in her life was quite scary "

she died within days of receiving the jab cause of death blood clots

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

I'm due to have my 2nd Astra zenica vaccine next month...a tad nervous with all this blood clot reporting!!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I've got my second coming up and I'll be honest the blood clot thing has been a worry. Not least as I found something out recently...After my 1st I got 2 big bruises on my stomach... Size of a football (it's a big stomach)... I assumed it was a rugby training injury... But on reflection looked a lot like the bruising I got from the heperin jabs I did a few years ago.

Apparently it's a known side effect of the az one. Hence my concern.

As for the lady involved. Its very sad and I think it merits more than brushing it to one side.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/pill-blood-clots-vaccine-covid-astrazeneca-b1818613.html

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've got my second coming up and I'll be honest the blood clot thing has been a worry. Not least as I found something out recently...After my 1st I got 2 big bruises on my stomach... Size of a football (it's a big stomach)... I assumed it was a rugby training injury... But on reflection looked a lot like the bruising I got from the heperin jabs I did a few years ago.

As for the lady involved. Its very sad and I think it merits more than brushing it to one side. "

Do speak to your doctor if you can

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing?"
and having sex too. Remember Private Benjamin?

Tin town

"I've got my second coming up and I'll be honest the blood clot thing has been a worry. Not least as I found something out recently...After my 1st I got 2 big bruises on my stomach... Size of a football (it's a big stomach)... I assumed it was a rugby training injury... But on reflection looked a lot like the bruising I got from the heperin jabs I did a few years ago.

As for the lady involved. Its very sad and I think it merits more than brushing it to one side.

Do speak to your doctor if you can"

I'm going to try. But my surgery are rubbish and their website explicitly directs you away from them for all matters covid.

Manchester (she/her)

Do speak to your doctor if you can

I'm going to try. But my surgery are rubbish and their website explicitly directs you away from them for all matters covid. "

I'm sorry. I get it.

Does merit looking into before your second shot, though, you know?

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

While very sad for her and her family you've got to look at the big picture. The amount of blood clots vs the amount of vaccinations administered.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing?"

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Obviously you feel for the persons family.

However, its not a surprise.. Anyone who takes the vaccine knows there are risks and thankfully still go ahead.

The reality is like everything in life having the vaccine carries a risk.. I am guessing less of a risk than crossing the road or driving to the supermarket.. But we still do it dont we? Yet we could shop online or walk but we dont. We accept the risk and crack on.

Not sure why the OP chucked in his quick bit of news and sloped off again? Or what he was hoping to achieve?? ..pointless really!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The OP was not suggesting it was a bad thing, surely we can talk about things without people dismissing it this way

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

In that instance,, possibly!

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

I though no one died of anything but Covid 19 anymore;-)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Not sure why the OP chucked in his quick bit of news and sloped off again? Or what he was hoping to achieve?? ..pointless really!

"

Not for the people who like to see what's going on. People don't have to come back to a thread they started

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good that this will be researched, as app potentially linked things are. Obviously such a sad loss.

The vaccines remain very safe.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Three young people have suffered strokes and one has died soon after receiving the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, prompting a call for doctors to be vigilant.

Two women in their 30s and a man in his 40s suffered clots in their large arteries, leading to ischaemic stroke, but experts have stressed the chances were still extremely small."

Move along, nothing to see here.

At the end of the day, nothing is risk free.

You have to choose between the risk of the vaccine, or the risk of getting COVID.

128,000 people have died from COVID in UK, and over 1.1 million people have life-debilitating long COVID.

Very few of people have died from blood clots associated with vaccinations.

In UK in 2019 - 1,752 people died in road traffic accidents, but people still get in cars to drive to work or go shopping (or swinging)

The risk from any COVID vaccine is way lower than the risk of COVID, and lower than the risks from many everyday activities which we all do. So the rational thing to do is get vaccinated. The car journey to the doctors is far riskier.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

We can't yet know the full risks and effects of covid or of the vaccines fully at the moment.

Neither has existed long enough for accurate data.

The thing you have to remember in all this is that people also die of the flu vaccine and others vaccines and medications throughout the world all the time the percentages of deaths is low as in any vaccine and Medicine that none out there are 100% safe for everyone and people will always react differently on lots of levels just because this is a high profile situation we’re in at the moment everything is being publicised and if they put those figure along side other percentages for all other vaccines drugs and medications you’d see how low the death rate actually is

So please all take care out there if you have any side affects due to the vaccine get it looked at ASAP as they say with all medication

I know it’s scary times for people and some more than others just do what you feel you need to do your not forced to have the vaccine but you also don’t choose to get covid it’s your choice your decision and no one will ever judge you on what you feel is safe to do to your body

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

2nd jab here all fine and glad to have had it done

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Lisa Shaw was an absolute sweetheart

"It's good that this will be researched, as app potentially linked things are. Obviously such a sad loss.

The vaccines remain very safe. "

Evidently not.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Contraceptive pill causes blood clots. She could have been taking that as well. Could be that that caused it or even a combination of the 2.

The news are so quick to jump on things without all the facts

...Up on the Downs

And all for a 1.2% reduction in risk......

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, not good. I also heard about it, she got blood clots after she had the astrazeneca vaccine, it is one of the side effects.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Contraceptive pill causes blood clots. She could have been taking that as well. Could be that that caused it or even a combination of the 2.

The news are so quick to jump on things without all the facts "

There’s a huge difference between a blood clot in the leg and on the brain...which hardly anyone seems to want to talk about

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

The numbers of deaths reported due to the vaccines are extremely small.

All medications injectable or tablets have risks.

The reason everyone is so scared is that the media is making it a massive thing, the number of deaths is less then 100 in many hundreds of thousands of vaccines given.

To put it in perspective. You take a bigger risk every time you cross the road.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Very sad to read this.

I had my second vaccine a couple of weeks ago. Both were Astra Zeneca and I was ill after the first one for a day and fortunately all fine after the second.

Having also had covid and seen a close family member die early this year, it was nothing by comparison to how ill covid had me.

By *andm300Man  over a year ago

guildford

And with the government Issuing indemnities to the vaccine manufactures No justice will be found for the families. They trusted and paid for it.

Greater good justifications are philosophical flawed as found in the “trolly problem “Rather than justifying the harm I would rather the golden rule be followed “treat other how you want to be treated and don’t hurt others”

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

This is very sad, but statistically the odds are similar to those of being struck by lightning.

The problem is that right now we are ALL stood outside in a thunderstorm.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The numbers of deaths reported due to the vaccines are extremely small.

The reason everyone is so scared is that the media is making it a massive thing, the number of deaths is less then 100 in many hundreds of thousands of vaccines given.

"

I think it should be reported on so people know what risk there is, no matter how little it is.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I do not think that it is acceptable that anybody dies from it

"This is very sad, but statistically the odds are similar to those of being struck by lightning.

The problem is that right now we are ALL stood outside in a thunderstorm. "

Great analogy.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I think it should be reported on so people know what risk there is, no matter how little it is."

It's fine to report these things but if people don't view the data in a sensible way, it causes panic. The risk of a blood clot from the vaccine is tiny, it's unfortunate that some people have died from it but far more people were dying from covid each day during the peaks.

Tin town

"Very sad to read this.

I had my second vaccine a couple of weeks ago. Both were Astra Zeneca and I was ill after the first one for a day and fortunately all fine after the second.

Having also had covid and seen a close family member die early this year, it was nothing by comparison to how ill covid had me."

What we hear a lot of of is... How low the probability is of being killed by clots from the vaccine and a hard number is ascribed to that and we then add emotion to it by talking about other risks... Which quite frankly are just people repeating daily mail taglines.

What would make the decision making easier is if the brains trust could provide a similar number for the likelihood of catching and being killed by covid or catching and having long covid.... On a sliding scale by age group (each decile perhaps)....or of catching and spreading covid.

Then people can make an informed choice. At the moment we are being told... Just do it for britain... You'll be mostly OK. And if you're not... Well everyone else will be.

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"It's good that this will be researched, as app potentially linked things are. Obviously such a sad loss.

The vaccines remain very safe.

Evidently not."

I think it should be reported on so people know what risk there is, no matter how little it is."

Agree 100%

The BBC seem to report all of these outlier cases of under 50's etc .. contracting severe covid and dedicating whole programmes to it to spread fear and coerce people into vaccination.

Yet there isn't much reporting in the mainstream on severe reactions and death as a result of vaccination.

Hull

I am not saying it shouldn't be reported but it should be reported accurately.

The press are making out the risks are massive and it is putting people off having the vaccine.

There are deaths every week from clots caused by the contraceptive pill (among others) but you never hear about that. Risk from the pill is much higher than the risk from the vaccine.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"This is very sad, but statistically the odds are similar to those of being struck by lightning.

The problem is that right now we are ALL stood outside in a thunderstorm.

Great analogy. "

Agreed..

In time when we can look properly at the data of side effects etc in relation to how many didn't die of covid due to vaccination we can take a more objective viewpoint..

...Up on the Downs

"I do not think that it is acceptable that anybody dies from it "

Not if their risk of death from the disease was 0.01 in the first place.

"I do not think that it is acceptable that anybody dies from it

Not if their risk of death from the disease was 0.01 in the first place."

Tin town

I think it should be reported on so people know what risk there is, no matter how little it is.

The press are making out the risks are massive and it is putting people off having the vaccine.

There are deaths every week from clots caused by the contraceptive pill (among others) but you never hear about that. Risk from the pill is much higher than the risk from the vaccine. "

I agree with that. I think the press have made this a whole worse thoughout the last 18 months. I also think govt should have done a million times better at communicating, communication is everything when it comes to building trust with the public and they have been truly woeful. By now that should have built their own media outlet where key accurate messages can be pushed / pulled / fact checked...

Out of interest... How many have died from taking the contraceptive pill since December? (and why would that be material to half the population... Being male)

Hull

There are deaths every week from clots caused by the contraceptive pill (among others) but you never hear about that. Risk from the pill is much higher than the risk from the vaccine.

I agree with that. I think the press have made this a whole worse thoughout the last 18 months. I also think govt should have done a million times better at communicating, communication is everything when it comes to building trust with the public and they have been truly woeful. By now that should have built their own media outlet where key accurate messages can be pushed / pulled / fact checked...

Out of interest... How many have died from taking the contraceptive pill since December? (and why would that be material to half the population... Being male) "

They risks calculated regarding the contraceptive pill and clots is about 0.1% the risks from the vaccine when I last checked was around 0.0004%

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's terrible that the conversation about risk gets caught up in this death.

I get it. I do. I've done the risk calculations myself. But it's just really sad.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"And all for a 1.2% reduction in risk...... "

…which equates to 128,000 who would not have died. This is where we would have been if the vaccine was available in 2019.

It is terribly sad that anyone dies, so reduce the risk and have the vaccine. Don’t fall for you tube conspiracy theories. If you forget how bad it was beforevthe vacvine in this country, then just look at India today.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

People die of blood clots all the time nothing to do with the vaccine so nothing to say this case isn't the same.

It is vaccine related, but it's previous encounters with the virus that creates a platelet disorder, this inturn then may exceptionally rarely cause more clotting issues. Something like 1 in 10 million, whereas risk in taking a flight is 1 in 100k, contraceptive pill is 1 in 10k and pregnancy is 1 in 1k.... So.. It really is very rare complication.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

COVID can give you blood clots as well as the pill air travel , other medications, I actually took aspirin for a few days after just in case . Hope my daughter does too when she gets her jab too , with this virus your damned if you do and dammed if you don’t not ??

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

To put it in perspective. You take a bigger risk every time you cross the road. "

I think your perspective is skewed. I have no idea the figure but the number of road crossings a day would be an enormous figure and the fatalities that result from this activity would be minuscule.

Tin town

Out of interest... How many have died from taking the contraceptive pill since December? (and why would that be material to half the population... Being male)

They risks calculated regarding the contraceptive pill and clots is about 0.1% the risks from the vaccine when I last checked was around 0.0004%"

So 1 in 1000 women who take the pill die from a blood clot?

It's so difficult and awful for her family ...

Unfortunately clots are a daily thing for all of us, causing strokes, heart attacks, DVT, pulmonary embolism and other embolisms ... strokes, for instance, effect many people of any age/fitness and are far more common! Hopefully you all keep well hydrated at all times to help minimize the risk

Just to put the worry of blood clots into some kind of prospective

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

They risks calculated regarding the contraceptive pill and clots is about 0.1% the risks from the vaccine when I last checked was around 0.0004%

So 1 in 1000 women who take the pill die from a blood clot? "

No, this is the risk of getting a blood clot in its own right, whatever the consequences. 5 to 12 clots per 10,000 for those on the pill, so 0.1% is in that range, but death is not relevant. The equivalent risk across daily life in general is 2 in 10,000, so 0.02%.

Birmingham

I think your perspective is skewed. I have no idea the figure but the number of road crossings a day would be an enormous figure and the fatalities that result from this activity would be minuscule. "

There's certainly ambiguity in the sentence. I don't think "every time" is the right phrasing, but there is definitely more chance of you dying whilst crossing the road each year (I just checked an american study that put it at 1 in 4,280 based on CDC data).

But then if that number is right (That many people die from being hit by a car each year), then how many times does the average person cross a road? 1,000? If so, and I'm purely guesing that number, that would say there's a 1 in 4 million chance of dying *each time* you cross a road. Obviously that's the average person on the average road... So now I've typed this far, maybe the assertion does actually make sense. So many 0's in these conversations, it's very hard to keep numbers in perspective.

Manchester (she/her)

I think your perspective is skewed. I have no idea the figure but the number of road crossings a day would be an enormous figure and the fatalities that result from this activity would be minuscule.

There's certainly ambiguity in the sentence. I don't think "every time" is the right phrasing, but there is definitely more chance of you dying whilst crossing the road each year (I just checked an american study that put it at 1 in 4,280 based on CDC data).

But then if that number is right (That many people die from being hit by a car each year), then how many times does the average person cross a road? 1,000? If so, and I'm purely guesing that number, that would say there's a 1 in 4 million chance of dying *each time* you cross a road. Obviously that's the average person on the average road... So now I've typed this far, maybe the assertion does actually make sense. So many 0's in these conversations, it's very hard to keep numbers in perspective."

But then crossing the road is a repeated activity while vaccination is less so.

I can cross the road more times in one day than the number of vaccinations I have in ten years.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

But then if that number is right (That many people die from being hit by a car each year), then how many times does the average person cross a road? 1,000? If so, and I'm purely guesing that number, that would say there's a 1 in 4 million chance of dying *each time* you cross a road. Obviously that's the average person on the average road... So now I've typed this far, maybe the assertion does actually make sense. So many 0's in these conversations, it's very hard to keep numbers in perspective.

I can cross the road more times in one day than the number of vaccinations I have in ten years."

Watch out for that bastard bus though! You don’t want to be a statistic!

Manchester (she/her)

I can cross the road more times in one day than the number of vaccinations I have in ten years.

Watch out for that bastard bus though! You don’t want to be a statistic!"

My 90 year grandad died within a few months of having his jabs.

Without them, he might have lived to 90.5 years old.

The fact he died from cancer is irrelevant.

Bill Gates can now track my grandad but he ain't going anywhere....

Birmingham

"My 90 year grandad died within a few months of having his jabs.

Without them, he might have lived to 90.5 years old.

The fact he died from cancer is irrelevant.

Bill Gates can now track my grandad but he ain't going anywhere.... "

It's a sad time where I have no idea if you're making deliberately flippant references, or genuinely mean this. Either way, family loss is never something to joke about.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

In reply to someone question earlier

Over 150 people die a year from paracetamol poisoning. Figures as of 2020 down from a peek of over 600 in 1997

By *emartesMan  over a year ago

Brixton/Oval

Some people here need to get some maths in their lives.

"About 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received a dose of the vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported as of last week,"

Is from a report a few weeks back.So that's 0.0002%

Most contraception and over the counter pain killers have a higher risk.

You're more likely to die at a gender reveal party than from any of the vaccines.

Had my first jab on Sunday and can't wait for my second.

Shame on those spreading misinformation about the risks.

"It's so difficult and awful for her family ...

Unfortunately clots are a daily thing for all of us, causing strokes, heart attacks, DVT, pulmonary embolism and other embolisms ... strokes, for instance, effect many people of any age/fitness and are far more common! Hopefully you all keep well hydrated at all times to help minimize the risk

Just to put the worry of blood clots into some kind of prospective "

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

[Removed by poster at 28/05/21 10:50:45]

Every year around 400 children in the UK have a stroke, according to the Stroke Association.

85% of strokes are ischemic, caused by blood clots, none related to any vaccines ...

Blood clots are a natural, though catastrophic, thing in life ... there are many things that we can do to reduce our risk of a stroke. Hopefully everyone on this thread are reducing their risks of blood clots full stop!

st helens

How many will die due to drink and drugs this weekend it will be far more than die of the vaccine... Yet it wont stop people going out getting smashed and you can bet some of them getting smashed and ending up in hospital will be anti vaxxers!

"I'm due to have my 2nd Astra zenica vaccine next month...a tad nervous with all this blood clot reporting!! "

From what I've read, the blood clots (if they are going to occur) always happen after the first shot.

I had the AZ vaccine and was so nervous about the second but figured as I'd been ok with my first shot, the second would be ok (it was).

Tin town

I think we can probably be a bit more mindful of eachother on this stuff. I'm not sure anyone is suggesting it's anything other than a rare occurrence. I don't think anyone is arguing that other things we do on a daily basis may have more risk associated with them. I think some people are saying... Look its happening... Cna we just see the accurate numbers and can we have a grown up debate about how we mitigate the risk. One example might be... (and I may be wrong) but I've not seen gnashing of teeth about the Pfizer shot... Or others... So if the incidence is lower with that... Why on earth wouldn't you give the one with the lower risk profile?

Tin town

"I think we can probably be a bit more mindful of eachother on this stuff. I'm not sure anyone is suggesting it's anything other than a rare occurrence. I don't think anyone is arguing that other things we do on a daily basis may have more risk associated with them. I think some people are saying... Look its happening... Cna we just see the accurate numbers and can we have a grown up debate about how we mitigate the risk. One example might be... (and I may be wrong) but I've not seen gnashing of teeth about the Pfizer shot... Or others... So if the incidence is lower with that... Why on earth wouldn't you give the one with the lower risk profile? "

Just shouting and abusing someone who is concerned... Doesn't help their concerns.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Its beyond us why moderators allow people to post such blatant shite as this!"

You do realise that Mods don't fact check and approve every comment made on the forum before they go live, don't you?

Manchester (she/her)

"I think we can probably be a bit more mindful of eachother on this stuff. I'm not sure anyone is suggesting it's anything other than a rare occurrence. I don't think anyone is arguing that other things we do on a daily basis may have more risk associated with them. I think some people are saying... Look its happening... Cna we just see the accurate numbers and can we have a grown up debate about how we mitigate the risk. One example might be... (and I may be wrong) but I've not seen gnashing of teeth about the Pfizer shot... Or others... So if the incidence is lower with that... Why on earth wouldn't you give the one with the lower risk profile? "

There are other risks associated with the Pfizer vaccine. Everything has risks - but the highest risk here is Covid

Birmingham

Supply issues, distribution issues, storage issues... Lots of reasons. Should we slow down the vaccination rollout in order to use a specific vaccine? This would leave more people unprotected for longer, and so presumably more deaths even IF the AZ clot concerns are valid. I understand it's also a good idea to deliberately diversify those in use to reduce the probabilities of variants working around one vaccine type and not the other.

By * Your PleasureMan  over a year ago

I am sure someone has died from paracetamol or ibruprofen or aspirin, but does every one stop taking these when needed?

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"How many will die due to drink and drugs this weekend it will be far more than die of the vaccine... Yet it wont stop people going out getting smashed and you can bet some of them getting smashed and ending up in hospital will be anti vaxxers!"
So you decide to not take the vaccine your an anti vaxxer...glad that's cleared up

Birmingham

"How many will die due to drink and drugs this weekend it will be far more than die of the vaccine... Yet it wont stop people going out getting smashed and you can bet some of them getting smashed and ending up in hospital will be anti vaxxers!So you decide to not take the vaccine your an anti vaxxer...glad that's cleared up "

That's not what the sentence states.

Birmingham

"I am sure someone has died from paracetamol or ibruprofen or aspirin, but does every one stop taking these when needed?"

It's very curious how often arguments in support of balances of risks are perceived to actually show the opposite. Just look at all the fools talking about how cars should be banned as they kill people, and totally ignore the decades of research into road safety, and the balance we tread between it's safety and the massive contribution they make to the economny and society. It's all a balancing act.

Anti-vaxxers are a risk to all and should be put on an island together. There is no tracking chip in the vaccine and in the main has mild side effects, we can all be tracked currently via a mobile phone. So if you are that worried ditch your mobile!

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

There bad if there so I'll fitting they cause you damage, and you never needed to take the journey in the first place .

wigan

But then if that number is right (That many people die from being hit by a car each year), then how many times does the average person cross a road? 1,000? If so, and I'm purely guesing that number, that would say there's a 1 in 4 million chance of dying *each time* you cross a road. Obviously that's the average person on the average road... So now I've typed this far, maybe the assertion does actually make sense. So many 0's in these conversations, it's very hard to keep numbers in perspective."

Your post was about putting numbers into perspective though…. And I think your statement was wrong. You would have to calculate number of instances of crossing a road and the number of deaths that occur as a result of it. I’m not that bored to try and calculate ( I couldn’t anyway) though my google search ‘likelihood of dying from crossing the road’ yielded information suggesting 1 in 300million. 1192 events with a fatal outcome are recorded following vaccination and 37 million vaccinations (1 in 31000 potentially).

Now… I don’t believe that all the deaths would not have occurred without the vaccination but I do believe it’s far safer crossing the road!

Birmingham

"Your post was about putting numbers into perspective though…. And I think your statement was wrong. You would have to calculate number of instances of crossing a road and the number of deaths that occur as a result of it. I’m not that bored to try and calculate ( I couldn’t anyway) though my google search ‘likelihood of dying from crossing the road’ yielded information suggesting 1 in 300million. 1192 events with a fatal outcome are recorded following vaccination and 37 million vaccinations (1 in 31000 potentially).

Now… I don’t believe that all the deaths would not have occurred without the vaccination but I do believe it’s far safer crossing the road! "

The only reference I see to 300 million from searching that phrase says:

"There is 1 in 300 million chance of dying in a roller coaster accident. You have better chance of dying from Heart disease, cancer, or even crossing the street.". Sooooooo....

"I do not think that it is acceptable that anybody dies from it

Not if their risk of death from the disease was 0.01 in the first place."

wigan

"Your post was about putting numbers into perspective though…. And I think your statement was wrong. You would have to calculate number of instances of crossing a road and the number of deaths that occur as a result of it. I’m not that bored to try and calculate ( I couldn’t anyway) though my google search ‘likelihood of dying from crossing the road’ yielded information suggesting 1 in 300million. 1192 events with a fatal outcome are recorded following vaccination and 37 million vaccinations (1 in 31000 potentially).

Now… I don’t believe that all the deaths would not have occurred without the vaccination but I do believe it’s far safer crossing the road!

"There is 1 in 300 million chance of dying in a roller coaster accident. You have better chance of dying from Heart disease, cancer, or even crossing the street.". Sooooooo...."

Soooo?

wigan

"There is 1 in 300 million chance of dying in a roller coaster accident. You have better chance of dying from Heart disease, cancer, or even crossing the street.". Sooooooo...."

Divide annual risk by the number of daily road crossings and the number of days in a year gives a fatality risk of 5.1x10 to power of 6 /(3.9x365) = 3.6x10 to power of 9 … or about one in 300 million….

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It's fine to report these things but if people don't view the data in a sensible way, it causes panic. "

The article did report the risk and how low it is.

Birmingham

"There is 1 in 300 million chance of dying in a roller coaster accident. You have better chance of dying from Heart disease, cancer, or even crossing the street.". Sooooooo....

Soooo? "

So you appear to have been exactly wrong in your rebuttal. If that's the quote you saw, you couldn't have possibly interpreted the "data" more incorrectly.

Although, I'm being a bit... confrontational here. it just seems that from the data I saw, it doesn't seem unreasonable to say you may be statistically more likely to die EVERY time you cross the road, than you are from the vaccine.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The article doesn't

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the comparisons with other situations don't hold any clout as you are not comparing like for like...as someone else said maybe the comparisons should be the stats of getting covid and dying to getting a vaccine and dying

Dubai

"People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing? "

Thats different , that’s like being vaccinated and still dying from covid. The analogy is more like dying from simply putting on a seatbelt , if that happened it would cause concern

Let's bring this into perspective....

You are more likely to get m a blood clot caused by the pill that Vaccination .

Pill 1-1000

Flight 1-2000

Vaccination 1-250000

This is from the BMJ. So yes it's tragic that this person died, but let's be honest alot of people on here are already taking the risk as they take the pill

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Any death is a tragedy for the family but we as we now know we are at far more danger from Alex/Boris "Let them pile high" and co than the vaccine !! and this is just helps put a smoke screen at the dire handling of all this along with other excuses ....

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Whilst it's very rare I think both German and Danish researchers have separately shown it is the vaccine causing the clots...

Manchester (she/her)

"Whilst it's very rare I think both German and Danish researchers have separately shown it is the vaccine causing the clots..."

Yes, I don't think that the cause is in any serious doubt at this point.

Quote from the World Health Organisation - ‘No One is Safe until Everyone is Safe’

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Let's bring this into perspective....

You are more likely to get m a blood clot caused by the pill that Vaccination .

Pill 1-1000

Flight 1-2000

Vaccination 1-250000

This is from the BMJ. So yes it's tragic that this person died, but let's be honest alot of people on here are already taking the risk as they take the pill

"

I agree completely with the numbers, but obviously if you taking the Pill & getting vaccinated the risks must be higher, and what about airline pilots... who are also on the pill?

In reality, any tangible evidence that those who oppose vaccination can use, will be pushed as a reason to not take it.

We can see that the risks are actually seriously low, but people must still decide for themselves.

I’ve had both my jabs and had blood test tested for clots and I haven’t had any she was just unlucky maybe she might of had one further done the years without the jab

wigan

Soooo?

So you appear to have been exactly wrong in your rebuttal. If that's the quote you saw, you couldn't have possibly interpreted the "data" more incorrectly.

Although, I'm being a bit... confrontational here. it just seems that from the data I saw, it doesn't seem unreasonable to say you may be statistically more likely to die EVERY time you cross the road, than you are from the vaccine."

I’m sorry if I misunderstand …. For the data presented, the frequency of a fatal incident in the activity of crossing the road is 1 in 300 million, I take that as being 1 in 300 million. For the instances of vaccination 37million with 1192 fatalities 1in 31k . An instance of crossing the road appears to be safer ?

Birmingham

Soooo?

Although, I'm being a bit... confrontational here. it just seems that from the data I saw, it doesn't seem unreasonable to say you may be statistically more likely to die EVERY time you cross the road, than you are from the vaccine.

I’m sorry if I misunderstand …. For the data presented, the frequency of a fatal incident in the activity of crossing the road is 1 in 300 million, I take that as being 1 in 300 million. For the instances of vaccination 37million with 1192 fatalities 1in 31k . An instance of crossing the road appears to be safer ? "

Again though, the 1 in 3m figure I saw is NOT about road crossings afaik, it's about roller coasters, with road crossings being the "obviously more dangerous" alternative in their comment.

wigan

Soooo?

I’m sorry if I misunderstand …. For the data presented, the frequency of a fatal incident in the activity of crossing the road is 1 in 300 million, I take that as being 1 in 300 million. For the instances of vaccination 37million with 1192 fatalities 1in 31k . An instance of crossing the road appears to be safer ?

Again though, the 1 in 3m figure I saw is NOT about road crossings afaik, it's about roller coasters, with road crossings being the "obviously more dangerous" alternative in their comment."

Right I get that! But the information I was presented with was as I posted above …. Note the specific search I did, via Google, not the information that your search returned !

So just to be clear…. Your post above suggests that each time a person crosses the road your belief is that they are are statistically more likely to have a fatal incident than having the vaccine?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"We can't yet know the full risks and effects of covid or of the vaccines fully at the moment.

Neither has existed long enough for accurate data.

"

We can use out time-honoured experience of these and other vaccines, including trials on hundreds of thousands of people and hundreds of millions of people, to evaluate the risks. Standardised medicine research protocols allow us to predetermine what to test for as well as the types and levels of risk over time. As millions of people get the treatments, we increase the precision accuracy of our forecast risks and types. Most vaccine risks are evident in the first few weeks and months, to the extent that risks after a year are almost non-existent. Many people view the current level of risk as almost non-existent too.

...Up on the Downs

The U.K. Governments report has collated data inputted up to the 19th May via the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme. At this point an estimated 12.7 million first doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and 24.2 million doses of the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine, had been administered. As well as around 10.5 million second doses of the Pfizer jab, and 10.7 million second doses of the AstraZeneca jab. There had also been around 0.3 million first doses of the Moderna vaccine administered as of the 19th May.

As of the same date the MHRA had received 175,673 reports of adverse reactions to the Pfizer jab, and 676,083 reports of adverse reactions to the AstraZeneca jab, bringing the total number of adverse reactions to both jabs to an eye watering total of 851,756. However the MHRA states that only 1% – 10% of adverse reactions are actually reported to the Yellow Card scheme.

The adverse reactions include 12,028 blood disorders, 9,198 cardiac disorders, 9,110 ear disorders, 13,396 eye disorders, and an astounding 178,401 nervous system disorders. As of the 19th May the rate of occurence of an adverse reactions stands at 1 in every 142 people, this is a significant increase from what was seen in the first report which included adverse reactions up to the 24th January, in which the rate stood at 1 in every 333 people.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

If she'd eaten a peanut, for example, and died of a peanut allergy, would people be calling for a boycott of peanuts; questioning the safety of peanuts, or calling for sales of peanuts to be halted due to the danger that somebody might just suffer a severe fatal reaction from eating one?

Tragic death and I feel very sad for the family.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If she'd eaten a peanut, for example, and died of a peanut allergy, would people be calling for a boycott of peanuts"

No one is calling for a boycott

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

"

No one is calling for a boycott"

I don't know what social media you are on, but I see lots of anti-Astra & Pfizer tweets telling people not to have the vaccine because of side effects, microchips, blood clots & heart attacks, etc.

Dudley

"The U.K. Governments report has collated data inputted up to the 19th May via the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme. At this point an estimated 12.7 million first doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and 24.2 million doses of the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine, had been administered. As well as around 10.5 million second doses of the Pfizer jab, and 10.7 million second doses of the AstraZeneca jab. There had also been around 0.3 million first doses of the Moderna vaccine administered as of the 19th May.

As of the same date the MHRA had received 175,673 reports of adverse reactions to the Pfizer jab, and 676,083 reports of adverse reactions to the AstraZeneca jab, bringing the total number of adverse reactions to both jabs to an eye watering total of 851,756. However the MHRA states that only 1% – 10% of adverse reactions are actually reported to the Yellow Card scheme.

The adverse reactions include 12,028 blood disorders, 9,198 cardiac disorders, 9,110 ear disorders, 13,396 eye disorders, and an astounding 178,401 nervous system disorders. As of the 19th May the rate of occurence of an adverse reactions stands at 1 in every 142 people, this is a significant increase from what was seen in the first report which included adverse reactions up to the 24th January, in which the rate stood at 1 in every 333 people."

Again, they are just reports, not proven to be down to the vaccine, people are encouraged to report any health changes that happen after having the vaccine.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

This is very sad any loss of life but people do loose sight of the fact that people die of blood clots. Statistically if you are a younger woman you have more chance of dying from blood clots if you are on the pill. If covid hadn't happened and she had died sadly because she is in the higher risk group for blood clots for example. Would that have made the news?

Large number of people who contact covid die of blood clots higher than currently those that have been vaccinated.

Unfortunately media and antivaccers take it out of context, usually to suit their own agenda

"This is very sad any loss of life but people do loose sight of the fact that people die of blood clots. Statistically if you are a younger woman you have more chance of dying from blood clots if you are on the pill. If covid hadn't happened and she had died sadly because she is in the higher risk group for blood clots for example. Would that have made the news?

Large number of people who contact covid die of blood clots higher than currently those that have been vaccinated.

Unfortunately media and antivaccers take it out of context, usually to suit their own agenda"

lots of people have died after getting vaccination shots or AB shots and some have been due to reactions others have not been related. Remember, the first britsh guy to be vaccd has now died, but that was old age

Birmingham

"lots of people have died after getting vaccination shots or AB shots and some have been due to reactions others have not been related. Remember, the first britsh guy to be vaccd has now died, but that was old age"

Why remember that? It's all irrelevant.

"lots of people have died after getting vaccination shots or AB shots and some have been due to reactions others have not been related. Remember, the first britsh guy to be vaccd has now died, but that was old age"

No it wasn't old age. William Shakespeare, one of the first to get the vaccine, died of a stroke.

Dudley

"This is very sad any loss of life but people do loose sight of the fact that people die of blood clots. Statistically if you are a younger woman you have more chance of dying from blood clots if you are on the pill. If covid hadn't happened and she had died sadly because she is in the higher risk group for blood clots for example. Would that have made the news?

Unfortunately media and antivaccers take it out of context, usually to suit their own agenda"

Exactly.

Birmingham

"lots of people have died after getting vaccination shots or AB shots and some have been due to reactions others have not been related. Remember, the first britsh guy to be vaccd has now died, but that was old age

No it wasn't old age. William Shakespeare, one of the first to get the vaccine, died of a stroke."

Well it's literally impossible to die of old age... Might as well die of Tuesday...

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I though no one died of anything but Covid 19 anymore;-)"

You though wrong, very wrong.

portchester

This puts me off taking the vaccine even more. It’s frightening she was so young

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I can say with great confidence that everyone who has had now had a Covid vaccine will die in the next 100years

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No one is calling for a boycott

I don't know what social media you are on, but I see lots of anti-Astra & Pfizer tweets telling people not to have the vaccine because of side effects, microchips, blood clots & heart attacks, etc."

I am talking about this thread, were you are posting

Birmingham

"This puts me off taking the vaccine even more. It’s frightening she was so young "

Context is everything. How many haven't died from it? Don't be manipulated by scare tactics.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

No it makes cars a bad thing.

Road deaths have droped with lockdown. But there is also more people spending.

So it's not even cars it you and me as drivers. If People you and me where more responsible. Covid would not spread like car crashes would not happen.

Hastings

"I can say with great confidence that everyone who has had now had a Covid vaccine will die in the next 100years "

Most are over 50 so I'll rase that to 90% having had both jabs Will did in the next 40 years.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"This puts me off taking the vaccine even more. It’s frightening she was so young "

Have a read up on the stats, it is very low ( assuming they are telling us everything )

I can understand people being wary and I don't think anyone should be brow beaten into anything. Some will have people believe it is scaremongering to have reports on it but some articles are just giving the facts and stats so you can make your own mind up

For your age group you wouldn't be getting the Astra vaccine anyway

Hastings

"Your point being? I think it’s because the presenter Lisa shaw had the jab that has links to blood clots and her family said she sadly died due to blood clots "

What I do not understand is.

When I did a long hall flight I use to take half an aspirin a day befor and after the flight if. If you are worried about a risk you can reduce it. Like looking befor you cross the road.

"People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing?

The OP was not suggesting it was a bad thing, surely we can talk about things without people dismissing it this way"

To be fair, it was unclear what point the OP was making which is a shame. As the OP didn't express his sadness on a personal level I just took it to be another swipe at vaccines. My response wasn't being dismissive but putting a counter argument. Was that wrong?

Manchester (she/her)

"Your point being? I think it’s because the presenter Lisa shaw had the jab that has links to blood clots and her family said she sadly died due to blood clots

When I did a long hall flight I use to take half an aspirin a day befor and after the flight if. If you are worried about a risk you can reduce it. Like looking befor you cross the road. "

I don't mitigate before travelling to and from Australia. I don't consider it that high risk tbh. I just move around

Hastings

"Your point being? I think it’s because the presenter Lisa shaw had the jab that has links to blood clots and her family said she sadly died due to blood clots

When I did a long hall flight I use to take half an aspirin a day befor and after the flight if. If you are worried about a risk you can reduce it. Like looking befor you cross the road.

I don't mitigate before travelling to and from Australia. I don't consider it that high risk tbh. I just move around "

If it works for you then all good we all take risks is all I'm saying and we can all reduce them.

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57267169"

thanks for sharing

Manchester (she/her)

I don't mitigate before travelling to and from Australia. I don't consider it that high risk tbh. I just move around

If it works for you then all good we all take risks is all I'm saying and we can all reduce them. "

Definitely

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 29/05/21 10:42:44]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"People die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts ... does that make seatbelts a bad thing?

The OP was not suggesting it was a bad thing, surely we can talk about things without people dismissing it this way

To be fair, it was unclear what point the OP was making which is a shame. As the OP didn't express his sadness on a personal level I just took it to be another swipe at vaccines. My response wasn't being dismissive but putting a counter argument. Was that wrong? "

If my post didn't apply to you then I am not sure why you would defend yourself

Lots of people put posts up without putting their own personal view. It is almost like some people don't actually want news about what is going on with the vaccine unless it is positive. Not all things are positive

Death in any form or any cause is death, its not fair. I've been with so many dying, even had the privilege to get some back, anything YOU can do to prevent any death is a blessing... Keep safe ya all...

Dudley

To be fair, it was unclear what point the OP was making which is a shame. As the OP didn't express his sadness on a personal level I just took it to be another swipe at vaccines. My response wasn't being dismissive but putting a counter argument. Was that wrong?

Lots of people put posts up without putting their own personal view. It is almost like some people don't actually want news about what is going on with the vaccine unless it is positive. Not all things are positive"

That works both ways though, we try to post positive things and the doom and gloom merchants take over. Not all things are negative.

portchester

Lots of people put posts up without putting their own personal view. It is almost like some people don't actually want news about what is going on with the vaccine unless it is positive. Not all things are positive

That works both ways though, we try to post positive things and the doom and gloom merchants take over. Not all things are negative."

But not everyone sees the vaccine as positive?

im sorry to hear about this.

must be horrible for everyone that knew her

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Having read this thread I think I need to ask this….

If the family and the doctors are saying her death had nothing to do with getting the jab… why are we treating that as though the family and the doctors are lying?

Basically this thread is akin to a conspiracy theorist saying don’t believe anything!!!

Again just feel the need to point out that the family said her death as unfortunate as it was as I loved listening to her show, had nothing to do with the jab!

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Having read this thread I think I need to ask this….

If the family and the doctors are saying her death had nothing to do with getting the jab… why are we treating that as though the family and the doctors are lying?

Basically this thread is akin to a conspiracy theorist saying don’t believe anything!!!

Again just feel the need to point out that the family said her death as unfortunate as it was as I loved listening to her show, had nothing to do with the jab!"

I think you nailed it with the quote about conspiracy theorists, there are far too many people out there that want to believe the fake news and misinformation that is being spread by antivax groups that actually have little to no understanding of the science behind vaccines or the statistics that they are quoting. I have seen these idiots claim a list of chemicals is dangerous when presented with the chemical composition of an ordinary apple

Manchester (she/her)

Again just feel the need to point out that the family said her death as unfortunate as it was as I loved listening to her show, had nothing to do with the jab!"

I think people are afraid, and this is relatively high profile. It is something that is associated and should be investigated.

I'm just sorry for everyone who loved her, no matter what happened.

was there any previous complications health wise?

i know with some its recommended not to have the jab. my mum was seriously ill after having it and hasnt fully recovered

Tin town

Sure but it is very understandable when someone dies of a blood clot shortly after having a vaccine which has a known side effect of blood clots. As for this individual case... I'd be very interested to understand how they can determine that the blood clot that killed the lady was caused by something else.

Manchester (she/her)

Again just feel the need to point out that the family said her death as unfortunate as it was as I loved listening to her show, had nothing to do with the jab!

Sure but it is very understandable when someone dies of a blood clot shortly after having a vaccine which has a known side effect of blood clots. As for this individual case... I'd be very interested to understand how they can determine that the blood clot that killed the lady was caused by something else. "

The article says it's being investigated. Unless there's other information out there I haven't seen, which is perfectly possible.

Investigation is appropriate, but of course clots do happen for other reasons.

Haha i find it amusing people are saying it might not be the jab because clots can form for a number of reasons, but never said anything about people dying after a positive result it must have been covid. Because it they couldn't have died of anything else, brainwashing at it finest.

Manchester (she/her)

"Haha i find it amusing people are saying it might not be the jab because clots can form for a number of reasons, but never said anything about people dying after a positive result it must have been covid. Because it they couldn't have died of anything else, brainwashing at it finest. "

I mean if you want to rely on the ONS cause of death figures - I do. How death rates are determined for everything else.

Death rates from Covid are higher that way, than an artificial 28 day cut off. I hope that makes you happy

And they couldve been reporting she died from covid if she had not had the jab. Sadly that's life. When your times up its up. Doesn't matter how you go. Sad for her family though

Tin town

I'm going to seem like I've "switched sides" here... I haven't... Yet... But I'm wondering a lot more about wtf the strategy we are following is to get us out of this situation. First we were told that one jab is enough to keep most of us from bad symptoms and... hospitalisations.... Then we were told we have a 4 stage exit plan with target dates, but which will depend on the data being OK, with pauses between each to measure the effects... And we would stick to that unless another variant came along and made us reassess the dates. Then we were told we have a great border control policy that will prevent it from being imported... We have traffic lights to tell us we can't go to red or Amber list countries (and yet still 4 planes a day from India are landing at Heathrow?)...

Then the variant takes off and we say... Ah but most of the hospitalisations are people who've only had one jab.. So we need two jabs......

But we have vaccine shortages... But let's open up more... But infections are climbing... I know let's jab kids...

It just feels like its all over the place. And it is also starting to feel like the jabs may not be giving us the protection we were sold.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm going to seem like I've "switched sides" here... I haven't... Yet... But I'm wondering a lot more about wtf the strategy we are following is to get us out of this situation. First we were told that one jab is enough to keep most of us from bad symptoms and... hospitalisations.... Then we were told we have a 4 stage exit plan with target dates, but which will depend on the data being OK, with pauses between each to measure the effects... And we would stick to that unless another variant came along and made us reassess the dates. Then we were told we have a great border control policy that will prevent it from being imported... We have traffic lights to tell us we can't go to red or Amber list countries (and yet still 4 planes a day from India are landing at Heathrow?)...

Then the variant takes off and we say... Ah but most of the hospitalisations are people who've only had one jab.. So we need two jabs......

But we have vaccine shortages... But let's open up more... But infections are climbing... I know let's jab kids...

It just feels like its all over the place. And it is also starting to feel like the jabs may not be giving us the protection we were sold.

"

Separate it out.

Politics? Clusterfuck.

Science? Not static - but we don't want it to be, otherwise we'd be at mysterious pneumonia sweeping the world plus some people randomly stop smelling things. I see a clear progression of improving what we know, and scientific recommendations being made on that basis. (You might not - but, try separating it out. Think about "what do the politicians decide" and "what do we actually know" as two separate categories)

By *0neathfunMan  over a year ago

neath abbey

Well I had both jabs of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all from either of them. Just the same as when I have the flu jab never get a side effect from that either.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well I had both jabs of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all from either of them. Just the same as when I have the flu jab never get a side effect from that either."

Individual, tiny risk.

Community, enormous benefit.

Like any other vaccine.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That works both ways though, we try to post positive things and the doom and gloom merchants take over. Not all things are negative."

So when people post the opposite of what you post you think they are doom and gloom people even if what they are saying is true?

Maybe that is the issue, we should really have respect for other peoples posts and views as you would expect the same when you are posting yours

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair, there is an investigation at the minute according the article so nothing has been decided yet.

Again according to the statement from the family they didn't say anything about the vaccine one way or another

st helens

Think the virus forum should be closed as it causes far to much conflict between people!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Or people can just avoid the forum so they don't have to read it

Tin town

"Or people can just avoid the forum so they don't have to read it"

But it's like car crashes...or ladies in short skirts.. You just can stop slowing down and looking.

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

if the bbc reported it , must be fact, they will have their people who check

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Take your pick from the next post, one might suit. There are many others on google if none do.

Sneering at peoples subjects or posts rather than join in on the discussion is not really what the forum is for and spoils threads.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-lisa-shaw-dead-bbc-24200435

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbc-radio-presenter-lisa-shaw-dies-family-astrazeneca-vaccine-b937638.html

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/bbc-presenter-died-after-suffering-20694233

https://news.sky.com/story/lisa-shaw-radio-presenter-died-after-suffering-blood-clots-following-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-12318667

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/may/27/bbc-presenter-lisa-shaw-died-of-blood-clot-after-astrazeneca-jab-family-says

https://au.news.yahoo.com/devastated-bbc-presenter-44-dies-after-covid-vaccine-jab-064124997.html

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/bbc-presenter-lisa-shaw-died-20693735

"

Take your pick from the next post, one might suit. There are many others on google if none do.

Sneering at peoples subjects or posts rather than join in on the discussion is not really what the forum is for and spoils threads."

Why is putting an opposing view regarded as 'sneering'?

portchester

"Well I had both jabs of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all from either of them. Just the same as when I have the flu jab never get a side effect from that either.

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine."

I wish that you would consider that you may be wrong in some circumstances. People are genuinely worried about the vaccine but you will not bend on it? It all upsets me

"Well I had both jabs of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all from either of them. Just the same as when I have the flu jab never get a side effect from that either.

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I wish that you would consider that you may be wrong in some circumstances. People are genuinely worried about the vaccine but you will not bend on it? It all upsets me "

I think everyone has to make their own choice based on the facts, and not malicious fake news stories which fuel people's worries. Of course, most if not all drugs carry a risk. It's always best talking to a GP about any concerns.

By *orkshire_roses999Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

So….risks of a blood clot are less than that taking the pill.vaccines are up to 95% effective (depending on the vaccine in fairness )

All medication have side effects…tell me one that doesnt..most info leaflets it’s under section 4-6…

The risks of reaction are greatly outweighed by its benefits

Manchester (she/her)

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I wish that you would consider that you may be wrong in some circumstances. People are genuinely worried about the vaccine but you will not bend on it? It all upsets me "

I have a close relative who did actually nearly die from a vaccine.

I'm aware of what it's actually like, to lose that lottery. It's a burden I actually live with.

I'm sorry it upsets you, I am. But what is there to bend on? Medication has side effects. For some that might be catastrophic. For the overwhelming majority it's minor or non existent.

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I don't understand what you mean by could be wrong?

Yes people are worried but its a fact that the vast majority of people have no or very minor side affects to this vaccine.

People have side affects to every medication every day but I'm almost all cases the benefits out way the risk.

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I wish that you would consider that you may be wrong in some circumstances. People are genuinely worried about the vaccine but you will not bend on it? It all upsets me

I think everyone has to make their own choice based on the facts, and not malicious fake news stories which fuel people's worries. Of course, most if not all drugs carry a risk. It's always best talking to a GP about any concerns. "

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57267169"

No body ever knows if anyone has any underlying conditions people sometimes ignore the littlest things that could be very serious to their health and never explored because never mentioned to their GP to possibly have further investigations people also forget if nothing is ever mentioned to their GP they wouldn't be any wiser nor any other medical professional would be that's why it's important not to ignore when a person feels unwell so if there is anything it can be treated before it's too late.

Medication of any sort can also have an adverse effect due to something that has never been investigated due to their health because they never reported it.

I didn’t even know there was a show on TV about Big Black Cocks.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Sneering at peoples subjects or posts rather than join in on the discussion is not really what the forum is for and spoils threads.

Why is putting an opposing view regarded as 'sneering'?"

That isn't

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I think everyone has to make their own choice based on the facts, and not malicious fake news stories which fuel people's worries. Of course, most if not all drugs carry a risk. It's always best talking to a GP about any concerns. "

I don't know about your GP but our GP has messages all over their website to say they don't have time to talk to people about the jab or Covid and to get your information from websites, which means speaking to someone is near impossible

Tin town

Individual, tiny risk.

Like any other vaccine.

I think everyone has to make their own choice based on the facts, and not malicious fake news stories which fuel people's worries. Of course, most if not all drugs carry a risk. It's always best talking to a GP about any concerns.

I don't know about your GP but our GP has messages all over their website to say they don't have time to talk to people about the jab or Covid and to get your information from websites, which means speaking to someone is near impossible

"

Exactly the same as mine. If I were to try and talk to them about it, they would not allow me and would redirect me. I would have to make up a different ailment to get through the door. And even if I did... Does anyone seriously believe a gp is going to say anything other than... Its a numbers game.. Its very low risk.. You have to lead them to the answer you want... And if you're a layman... Well we don't really have the knowledge or experience

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I know I posted this in another thread but I think it is important for the whole pro/anti argument to have some balance so...

Pandemtrix

This is from the BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL

pro-vaxxers can’t understand why anti-vaxxers are, well anti, and vaccine hesitant want to wait a bit, perhaps this will go some of the way (and is NOT an easily dismissed tin foil conspiracy theory!

“Eight years after the pandemic influenza outbreak, a lawsuit alleging that GlaxoSmithKline’s Pandemrix vaccine caused narcolepsy has unearthed internal reports suggesting problems with the vaccine’s safety. Peter Doshi asks what this means for the future of transparency during public health emergencies.

In October 2009, the US National Institutes of Health infectious diseases chief, Anthony Fauci, appeared on YouTube to reassure Americans about the safety of the “swine flu” vaccine. “The track record for serious adverse events is very good. It’s very, very, very rare that you ever see anything that’s associated with the vaccine that’s a serious event,”1 he said.

Four months earlier, the World Health Organization had declared H1N1 influenza a pandemic, and by October 2009 the new vaccines were being rolled out across the world. A similar story was playing out in the UK, with prominent organisations, including the Department of Health, British Medical Association, and Royal Colleges of General Practitioners, working hard to convince a reluctant NHS workforce to get vaccinated. “We fully support the swine flu vaccination programme … The vaccine has been thoroughly tested,” they declared in a joint statement.

Except, it hadn’t. Anticipating a severe influenza pandemic, governments around the world had made various logistical and legal arrangements to shorten the time between recognition of a pandemic virus and the production of a vaccine and administration of that vaccine in the population. In Europe, one element of those plans was an agreement to grant licences to pandemic vaccines based on data from pre-pandemic “mock-up” vaccines produced using a different virus (H5N1 influenza). Another element, adopted by countries such as Canada, the US, UK, France, and Germany, was to provide vaccine manufacturers indemnity from liability for wrongdoing, thereby reducing the risk of a lawsuit stemming from vaccine related injury.”

Sound familiar? Similar patterns? I am not saying this is happening again but just putting out something that shows why questioning what we put into our bodies is totally valid.

Manchester (she/her)

"I know I posted this in another thread but I think it is important for the whole pro/anti argument to have some balance so...

Pandemtrix

This is from the BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL

pro-vaxxers can’t understand why anti-vaxxers are, well anti, and vaccine hesitant want to wait a bit, perhaps this will go some of the way (and is NOT an easily dismissed tin foil conspiracy theory!

“Eight years after the pandemic influenza outbreak, a lawsuit alleging that GlaxoSmithKline’s Pandemrix vaccine caused narcolepsy has unearthed internal reports suggesting problems with the vaccine’s safety. Peter Doshi asks what this means for the future of transparency during public health emergencies.

In October 2009, the US National Institutes of Health infectious diseases chief, Anthony Fauci, appeared on YouTube to reassure Americans about the safety of the “swine flu” vaccine. “The track record for serious adverse events is very good. It’s very, very, very rare that you ever see anything that’s associated with the vaccine that’s a serious event,”1 he said.

Four months earlier, the World Health Organization had declared H1N1 influenza a pandemic, and by October 2009 the new vaccines were being rolled out across the world. A similar story was playing out in the UK, with prominent organisations, including the Department of Health, British Medical Association, and Royal Colleges of General Practitioners, working hard to convince a reluctant NHS workforce to get vaccinated. “We fully support the swine flu vaccination programme … The vaccine has been thoroughly tested,” they declared in a joint statement.

Except, it hadn’t. Anticipating a severe influenza pandemic, governments around the world had made various logistical and legal arrangements to shorten the time between recognition of a pandemic virus and the production of a vaccine and administration of that vaccine in the population. In Europe, one element of those plans was an agreement to grant licences to pandemic vaccines based on data from pre-pandemic “mock-up” vaccines produced using a different virus (H5N1 influenza). Another element, adopted by countries such as Canada, the US, UK, France, and Germany, was to provide vaccine manufacturers indemnity from liability for wrongdoing, thereby reducing the risk of a lawsuit stemming from vaccine related injury.”

Sound familiar? Similar patterns? I am not saying this is happening again but just putting out something that shows why questioning what we put into our bodies is totally valid."

It's an opinion piece (!!) that the EMA, the MHRA and others objected to as using scientifically inappropriate methodology.

Asking questions isn't a problem - I've asked plenty. It's a risk/benefit analysis, and it's about finding reliable rigorous sources. And actually listening to them. (I've actually looked into a lot of the anti stuff too - it might look like I won't consider it, but it's because I've looked at it before and found it wanting. And no, I'm not a scientist, but I'm making my judgement and appraisal with the skills that I have)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Google for Pandemrix narcolepsy, the top link will bring up more than an opinion