FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine or No vacccine

Vaccine or No vacccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Ring Wraith OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Why are there so many threads about the pros and cons of having the vaccine, and why do they always degenerate into slanging matches.

No one is going to make someone who does not want the vaccine have it; no amount of insults on a fab forum is going to convince them it is right that they should.

No one is going to stop someone who wants it having it; and no amount of insults on a fab forum is going to convince them not to.

Is it only me (and it maybe) that thinks that these threads are pointless; and before anyone says 'dont read them then' I know that is one solution but is it the right one ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Why start another one then? I do not think it will help the question you asked

By *he Ring Wraith OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

My question was not one of having or not having the vaccine but merely one of 'whether there are too many threads with conflict about the subject'

My apologies if I did not express the reason for my post adequately.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

People have strong opinions about it maybe because of losing family or friends from covid but yes they are too many threads about it and they all end in nastiness

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why are there so many threads about the pros and cons of having the vaccine, and why do they always degenerate into slanging matches.

No one is going to make someone who does not want the vaccine have it; no amount of insults on a fab forum is going to convince them it is right that they should.

No one is going to stop someone who wants it having it; and no amount of insults on a fab forum is going to convince them not to.

Is it only me (and it maybe) that thinks that these threads are pointless; and before anyone says 'dont read them then' I know that is one solution but is it the right one ?

"

you are totaly right well done we all have a choice its called free will 3 world wars were fought to protect our right to choice bravo my friend

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What was WW3 ?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"What was WW3 ?"

Last Tuesday? Everyone missed it cos the media were only reporting on Cummings...

By *ot meetingMan  over a year ago

down at the bottom of the garden

"Why are there so many threads about the pros and cons of having the vaccine, and why do they always degenerate into slanging matches.

"

Yes definitely too many.

Christ the bareback people get less of a hard time than some people do over their views on CV19

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Very few people seem to accept that making the choice to not have the vaccine is personal choice. You are correct that no amount of people trying to convince me otherwise will change my mind so yes the arguments are pointless.

There is a difference between anti vaxxers and those who have chosen not to have the Covid vaccine.

By *ot meetingMan  over a year ago

down at the bottom of the garden

"Very few people seem to accept that making the choice to not have the vaccine is personal choice. You are correct that no amount of people trying to convince me otherwise will change my mind so yes the arguments are pointless.

There is a difference between anti vaxxers and those who have chosen not to have the Covid vaccine. "

very well said. I'm choosing not to have it, but respect people's choices for those that do have it.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

This is a moral and ethical debate. You have the right to choose but choices have consequences. Has been intimated in a few threads and why people can get quite passionate about.

You have the right to choose but is it right that your choice may have serious consequences for others!!

I used to drive a lot, I knew the risks to myself and accept them - I could drive 120 down the motorway, 60 through a towns and villages because I believe I am a good driver and can handle it

I also know my actions may have serious consequence for others. I have two choices - I can can continue to drive recklessly with a disregard for others as I'm a good driver or I could drive safely as much as I can to reduce the risks of serious consequences to others..

Does my choices matter more than others choices and do I have right to potentially take those choices of others away.

I still know there is a risk to myself just being on the road even if I'm driving safely, but the risk is reduced to myself and others - what your choice be?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Very few people seem to accept that making the choice to not have the vaccine is personal choice. You are correct that no amount of people trying to convince me otherwise will change my mind so yes the arguments are pointless.

There is a difference between anti vaxxers and those who have chosen not to have the Covid vaccine.

very well said. I'm choosing not to have it, but respect people's choices for those that do have it."

This

By *ornyandwellhungMan  over a year ago

belfast

There is a difference between anti vaxxers and those who have chosen not to have the Covid vaccine. "

What is the difference between anti vaxers and those choosing not to have the vaccine?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"This is a moral and ethical debate. You have the right to choose but choices have consequences. Has been intimated in a few threads and why people can get quite passionate about.

You have the right to choose but is it right that your choice may have serious consequences for others!!

I used to drive a lot, I knew the risks to myself and accept them - I could drive 120 down the motorway, 60 through a towns and villages because I believe I am a good driver and can handle it

I also know my actions may have serious consequence for others. I have two choices - I can can continue to drive recklessly with a disregard for others as I'm a good driver or I could drive safely as much as I can to reduce the risks of serious consequences to others..

Does my choices matter more than others choices and do I have right to potentially take those choices of others away.

I still know there is a risk to myself just being on the road even if I'm driving safely, but the risk is reduced to myself and others - what your choice be?

"

Forgive me, but driving 60mph through a village automatically exempts you from being, in your words, a good driver.

Your statement just means you believe you are a good driver.

It's a bit like people who honestly believe they can drive just as well when pissed.

Passed Beyond Reach

"This is a moral and ethical debate. You have the right to choose but choices have consequences. Has been intimated in a few threads and why people can get quite passionate about.

Forgive me, but driving 60mph through a village automatically exempts you from being, in your words, a good driver.

It's a bit like people who honestly believe they can drive just as well when pissed."

I think the point was missed - it was an analogy.

It was about choices and the impact of you choice on others - Does the right to choose exempt you from behaving irresponsible towards and putting them it risk.

The mass anti vaccs and lockdown march in London yesterday in a hotspot for the Indian variant, they are going to go away now and potentially spread the virus and cause many innocent people their health or even their lives.

By *randmrsrusCouple  over a year ago

legbourne

And off it goes again

By *ixieUKMan  over a year ago

MORDEN

"

I agree with you absolutely, unfortunately a great many folk are morbidly obsessed with the issue... they all need to get a grip and enjoy life, it's too short for this futile pettiness

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"why do they always degenerate into slanging matches"

Because a highly vocal minority of the population is directly endangering the safety of the rest of us for the sake of feeling like they have super-secret knowledge, and they don't like having their sense of specialness called into question.

Feelings quite understandably run rather high about this.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's the focal point of the UK epidemic, there's a lot of fear on both sides for different reasons. The outer edges of the two sides are profoundly irreconcilable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And off it goes again "

Exactly. I wish I had a button to press to delete this thread. It just takes one spark and as you say off we go again. Pointless really. People will always agree to disagree. Gets boring after a while like so many of these pointless threads. I think someone recently asked for the virus thread to be taken down because all it encourages is people arguing and being nasty to each other whatever their view.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

It's a bit like people who honestly believe they can drive just as well when pissed.

I think the point was missed - it was an analogy.

It was about choices and the impact of you choice on others - Does the right to choose exempt you from behaving irresponsible towards and putting them it risk.

The mass anti vaccs and lockdown march in London yesterday in a hotspot for the Indian variant, they are going to go away now and potentially spread the virus and cause many innocent people their health or even their lives.

"

But this is hysteria. There has never been an increase in infections following ANY of the mass marches or outdoor events. There wasn't even a spike after Cheltenham, way back in the first wave!!

You do what you think is best in terms of your civic duty and let others do the same. Don't forget the doomsday predictions of a third wave had the vaccinated as the largest proportion of the hospitalised. Judge not lest you be judged by the same measure!!

By *oonshadowWoman  over a year ago

COVENTRY

Have it, you might as well, you'll be paying for it for a long long time

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"What was WW3 ?

Last Tuesday? Everyone missed it cos the media were only reporting on Cummings..."

Who won & what was the prize!?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

This Virus forum will

wither and die on the vine in the not too distant future.

What's been said, has been said and it's starting to repeat.

Many of the Covid related strands will change soon when meets start happening and folks go back into work and won't have the spare time or energy to put up posts.

Me included.

Passed Beyond Reach

Isn't the point of this thread to have a pop some of the others that have a pop in this forum.

So why is this any different, it is still a have a pop at others forum thread ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's absolutely no place for insulting others and I hope I don't get close to that.

The people starting them may not be aware of similar threads already open, so it's fairly easy to get multiples of similar topics. Obviously it's a very emotive subject, many have lost loved ones, income, homes, businesses. There's also no 1 right answer, other than each of us doing what we believe is the right thing for us. The medical science isn't as intelligible to everyone either, so we're not all as equally versed in the huge wealth of complex research evidence and data, some of which may not provide concrete answers to everything.

Obviously there's still some uncertainty around how things will progress, with a virus that is only broadly predictable.

There are positives, where people on what may seem like opposite sides of a huge chasm, do find common ground. Most of us here are decent people and it's clear where there are good intentions behind poster's viewpoints.

It can be easy for things to be very serious and it does help when we have the occasional light hearted topic, such as those from PollyC.

We can all work harder to keep things positive and comfortable. I encourage everyone to do this, OPs post is a good reminder

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"why do they always degenerate into slanging matches

Because a highly vocal minority of the population is directly endangering the safety of the rest of us for the sake of feeling like they have super-secret knowledge, and they don't like having their sense of specialness called into question.

"

If your vaccinated who's putting you in danger...I'm not special,i just look after my health,my fitness..don't smoke.. drink in moderation..I'm not fat/obese..but people like you seem to think people like me should automatically line up for an experimental drug with a 98% survival rate...how does life look from your lofty perch above the clouds ffs.

Nottingham

If your vaccinated who's putting you in danger...I'm not special,i just look after my health,my fitness..don't smoke.. drink in moderation..I'm not fat/obese..but people like you seem to think people like me should automatically line up for an experimental drug with a 98% survival rate...how does life look from your lofty perch above the clouds ffs."

I genuinely can't tell whether you're being disingenuous for the sake of arguing on the internet, or whether you're *still* this poorly informed about vaccination, immunity and survival rates even after fifteen months of pandemic. Good Lord.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

If your vaccinated who's putting you in danger...I'm not special,i just look after my health,my fitness..don't smoke.. drink in moderation..I'm not fat/obese..but people like you seem to think people like me should automatically line up for an experimental drug with a 98% survival rate...how does life look from your lofty perch above the clouds ffs.

I genuinely can't tell whether you're being disingenuous for the sake of arguing on the internet, or whether you're *still* this poorly informed about vaccination, immunity and survival rates even after fifteen months of pandemic. Good Lord. "

I think what they are trying to say is they tied of being lectured by people who didn't exactly look after their health and fitness pre-covid.

Nottingham

I genuinely can't tell whether you're being disingenuous for the sake of arguing on the internet, or whether you're *still* this poorly informed about vaccination, immunity and survival rates even after fifteen months of pandemic. Good Lord.

I think what they are trying to say is they tied of being lectured by people who didn't exactly look after their health and fitness pre-covid."

Unfortunately, that still doesn't resolve the issue I raised.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

If your vaccinated who's putting you in danger...I'm not special,i just look after my health,my fitness..don't smoke.. drink in moderation..I'm not fat/obese..but people like you seem to think people like me should automatically line up for an experimental drug with a 98% survival rate...how does life look from your lofty perch above the clouds ffs."

Do you understand what you're saying or is it just the posts you see on facebook that you're quoting?

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

Education should help the misguided and Ill informed though !

It should be obvious that looking at things as a whole we need to all take the vaccine

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

And risk your elderly relatives mmmmm

Selfish vs public good that's what needs weighing up

» Add a new message to this topic