FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > UK vaccine passport scrapped

UK vaccine passport scrapped

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Telegraph have just posted...

Exclusive: UK vaccine passport plans to be scrapped

Plans to make Covid-19 passports a legal requirement for large events are set to be dropped, The Telegraph understands.

Officials working on the review into Covid-19 status certification believe there is no chance the law will be changed to mandate their use within the UK.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Not sure they ever intended for them to be used for anything other than travel anyway

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was probably inevitable that any idea that we lamely were half-hearted about, decided to spend an awful lot of time on, though with a vague uncertain scope for it, would likely be a non-starter, despite it being successful elsewhere. It will have used public resources and, due to dithering and being looked at very late, has become another thing that generated a lot of hot air for nothing. You'd almost be forgiven for thinking that we're not 1 of the worst affected countries on the planet and that we don't think or plan ahead. Perhaps we didn't bung enough money out to some party donor, relative, friends etc, in time for it to have escaped scrutiny.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Not sure they ever intended for them to be used for anything other than travel anyway "

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

There’s a few advocates of these “passports” on these forums who are going to be annoyed about this!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"Not sure they ever intended for them to be used for anything other than travel anyway "

They can’t make them required for travel either , there’s no actual restrictions on travel other than each countries own entry and quarantine requirements

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"There’s a few advocates of these “passports” on these forums who are going to be annoyed about this!"

I think it was half arsed and discriminatory against those who don't have smart phones

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Common sense at last

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not sure they ever intended for them to be used for anything other than travel anyway

They can’t make them required for travel either , there’s no actual restrictions on travel other than each countries own entry and quarantine requirements "

surely if its a condition of entry to a country then that makes it a requirement of travel?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Good.

At the very least it was a divisive idea.

Also, like a poster above, I don't see why smartphone usage should become a prerequisite for existence in society.

I'm glad but we are likely to need some way of providing vaccine status to enter some countries.

As long as there is an easy way to get this i don't see an issue with that.

Central

"Not sure they ever intended for them to be used for anything other than travel anyway

They can’t make them required for travel either , there’s no actual restrictions on travel other than each countries own entry and quarantine requirements

surely if its a condition of entry to a country then that makes it a requirement of travel? "

Definitely each country can impose their own entry restrictions. In this instance, the government put out some vague motion of a system to use within the UK, which didn't exist, didn't have a definite backing and they'd been denying any need for such a measure for some time. Media speculation etc brought it to the fore, I think.

Countries are still establishing their entry specs, including using apps etc. The NHS app in England now carries full information on vaccine details for us. This MAY be a satisfactory proof of status for some countries.

Both of these ideas exclude usefulness for many people though, due to tech.

Other countries did use testing results and vaccine status, to manage public access safety, including Israel. If England or the UK had used something like this, it would probably have been better if it had been ready earlier and a reasonable tool if things were at risk of going pear shaped again.

A problem with a fast moving situation is that it requires foresight, flexibility and strong implementation of solid solutions, rather than months of time thinking about something, a bit like knitting fog.

Other than the trial gatherings they had for festival type events, most organisations seem to want to get a return to fuller occupancy and income, rather than greater involvement in managing the suppression of infections.

Central

"I'm glad but we are likely to need some way of providing vaccine status to enter some countries.

As long as there is an easy way to get this i don't see an issue with that. "

The NHS app for England, now shows our vaccination status - dates given, vaccine type etc, Lorna.

"I'm glad but we are likely to need some way of providing vaccine status to enter some countries.

The NHS app for England, now shows our vaccination status - dates given, vaccine type etc, Lorna. "

Mine doesn't!

Do I need to do anything to add it?

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

The NHS app for England, now shows our vaccination status - dates given, vaccine type etc, Lorna.

Mine doesn't!

Do I need to do anything to add it?"

Neither does mine

The NHS app for England, now shows our vaccination status - dates given, vaccine type etc, Lorna. "

NHS App, NOT the Covid Track and Trace rubbish.

NHS App, NOT the Covid Track and Trace rubbish."

O

I know and iv just checked and it doesn't.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Mine doesn't..

Central

Mine doesn't!

Do I need to do anything to add it?"

I'm unsure - I just downloaded the NHS app, not the test and trace app. It showed my 2nd jab the day after I had it.

In Android, 1 is the NHS Covid 19 app, the other is just installed and states NHS App as its name.

That last 1 I had to validate myself, so that it could provide access to my medical records. It takes you through about 4 questions to do this. The Covid 19 app is just used for venue check in etc.

Sorry if I've not answered your question about what you need to do to get your vaccine details on the app. I can go in to mine and find the steps, if that's what you need

Central

Lorna, In mine, after logging in, I have a page that includes 1 'Check your Covid 19 Vaccine Record'

Further down this screen, there's also

'View Your GP Health Record'.

From clicking that, there's a list of options, including

'Immunisations'

which lists all of my many ones, including covid.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

They can’t make them required for travel either , there’s no actual restrictions on travel other than each countries own entry and quarantine requirements "

This could take place in the future and could be a requirement either by the office who provides the visa for the destination going to or by the airlines they are entitled to amend any new rules without the government's permission as they have to act responsibly

"Lorna, In mine, after logging in, I have a page that includes 1 'Check your Covid 19 Vaccine Record'

'Immunisations'

"

Thank you i will look.

Manchester (she/her)

"Lorna, In mine, after logging in, I have a page that includes 1 'Check your Covid 19 Vaccine Record'

'Immunisations'

"

Mine will probably have none of mine. Foreigner problems

'Immunisations'

Mine will probably have none of mine. Foreigner problems "

To be fair, haven't you stated yourself that you don't know if you've had a vaccine or a placebo?

'Immunisations'

To be fair, haven't you stated yourself that you don't know if you've had a vaccine or a placebo?"

shes said the type of study she is on before , she either got the new vaccine or az - there is no placebo in the study, the control group were getting an already approved vaccine

Manchester (she/her)

'Immunisations'

To be fair, haven't you stated yourself that you don't know if you've had a vaccine or a placebo?"

I had Valneva or AZ. No placebo.

And I meant all the others - the NHS has no record apart from my word for it that I had my childhood vaccines.

'Immunisations'

Thank you i will look. "

Iv got it now.

I recently changed doctors so iv just updated the app and its there now.

Central

'Immunisations'

Thank you i will look.

Iv got it now.

I recently changed doctors so iv just updated the app and its there now. "

That's good

» Add a new message to this topic