FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Masks

Masks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Is it time we said adios to masks what about when you are sunning it abroad will you have a mask tan

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

No, and no - as long ad everyone stays the fuck away from me while I am working on my tan.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

You don’t have to wear sunbathing at most places only moving about

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No some look better with there mask on

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

"No some look better with there mask on "
I think I am in that category xx lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll be less strict once I've mounted a full immune response, but my response will be driven by the local and national rates. (Above requirements)

I'll also keep my masks for flu mitigation in winter.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think we need to bide our time and not be too keen to get rid of masks and social distancing.

I don't sunbathe, but can see no reason to wear one in that situation.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm yet to be convinced that face coverings are at all effective in 95% of places.

As for being required to wear one on a beach, the Spanish dropped this after a backlash from the public.

"I'm yet to be convinced that face coverings are at all effective in 95% of places.

As for being required to wear one on a beach, the Spanish dropped this after a backlash from the public."

Yes. It's time for normality.

And fuck 'flu mitigation' next winter. Continued mask wearing will have an impact on people's natural immunity.

They are a useful tool for controlling short periods of peak pandemic only. And then only indoors.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm yet to be convinced that face coverings are at all effective in 95% of places.

As for being required to wear one on a beach, the Spanish dropped this after a backlash from the public.

Yes. It's time for normality.

And fuck 'flu mitigation' next winter. Continued mask wearing will have an impact on people's natural immunity.

They are a useful tool for controlling short periods of peak pandemic only. And then only indoors."

I will do as I please with my face

" Continued mask wearing will have an impact on people's natural immunity. "

i am torn on this to be honest, when i first started mixing with people again (and it was only outdoors) i got some virus (not covid), that had me the sickest i have been in about a decade... that would suggest to me that my prolonged isolation (rather than specifically mask wearing) had meant that my immune system wasn’t very well equipped to cope with whatever bugs were floating about

however are we really saying the alternative is that we just all feel free to spread our germs about as much as we like as though giving other folk our flu is some altruistic move to help their immune system? that reallllly doesn’t seem like the right answer ... if anything all of this should have taught us to stop being martyrs and going to work/ school/ family events when we have what we deem to be a minor bug so we are “not sick enough” to skip it- just lay down to it, go to bed for a few days and keep our germs to ourselves

" Continued mask wearing will have an impact on people's natural immunity.

i am torn on this to be honest, when i first started mixing with people again (and it was only outdoors) i got some virus (not covid), that had me the sickest i have been in about a decade... that would suggest to me that my prolonged isolation (rather than specifically mask wearing) had meant that my immune system wasn’t very well equipped to cope with whatever bugs were floating about

however are we really saying the alternative is that we just all feel free to spread our germs about as much as we like as though giving other folk our flu is some altruistic move to help their immune system? that reallllly doesn’t seem like the right answer ... if anything all of this should have taught us to stop being martyrs and going to work/ school/ family events when we have what we deem to be a minor bug so we are “not sick enough” to skip it- just lay down to it, go to bed for a few days and keep our germs to ourselves "

Evolution is an amazing thing. There are very good reasons why we haven't evolved breathable face coverings.

A healthy immune system needs low doses of common viruses regularly.

I agree that someone actively Ill, coughing or sneezing should stay at home.

Much more of this bollocks and there will be entire generations of youngsters with big immune issues such as increased allergies, intolerances and much more serious reactions to regular colds and flu over the coming years.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We've recently had the May 17th relaxations, which increases risk levels and the next steps are linked to the data supporting further changes.

The data aren't fantastic at present, so it's prudent to wait to analyse the effects from those, before we risk it.

Mask wearing for most of us is a limited issue. If eating or drinking out socially, they can be removed. If outdoors, they'll not generally be worn.

For those fortunate not to have been infected, you have had it easy. For the rest of us who lot loved ones, we've seen first hand the enormous damage this invisible threat causes. Thousands still suffer long Covid, not knowing when/if they may recover.

It's a small price to pay to avert just 1 single infection, to pop a good mask on, for an hour or so. Employees wearing them make bigger investments than most of us do.

With this Indian variant rising in levels here, we must remain dedicated to limiting the spread, so that we can get the country more open again. Rushing to do half a job is much of what we did wrong last year. Suppressing infection spread now means that we're going to be in a stronger position next winter, when things could be more dangerous again.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Hoping my second vaccination kicks in before the third wave does.

It’s showing signs of starting ramping up now, should be here for the holiday season.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think in certain places it would be sensible to continue. I'm expecting to have to wear one on the plane, if I get to go away in July.

I would however expect that from Oct till March masks may become the norm.. seeing as the effect it had on flu etc was so good. ( combined with other factors)

"I think in certain places it would be sensible to continue. I'm expecting to have to wear one on the plane, if I get to go away in July.

I would however expect that from Oct till March masks may become the norm.. seeing as the effect it had on flu etc was so good. ( combined with other factors) "

Shafting people's natural immunity is not a good thing.

Manchester (she/her)

"Hoping my second vaccination kicks in before the third wave does.

It’s showing signs of starting ramping up now, should be here for the holiday season. "

Yup, bring on those B cells

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I think in certain places it would be sensible to continue. I'm expecting to have to wear one on the plane, if I get to go away in July.

I would however expect that from Oct till March masks may become the norm.. seeing as the effect it had on flu etc was so good. ( combined with other factors)

Shafting people's natural immunity is not a good thing."

So what you're saying is that the invention of hygiene was a bad thing? That we would all in fact be much healthier if we didn't wash our hands after having a shit, that keeping food in a fridge makes us more likely to get food poisoning, that we would get fewer spots if we never showered?

Or perhaps it would just return to the days when 3 out of every 10 kids never made it into adulthood, and pricking your finger on a rose thorn could be a death sentence...

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

As for being required to wear one on a beach, the Spanish dropped this after a backlash from the public."

If you are close enough to a crowd of people without one it would give you an answer I'm sure.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

As much as I do not really like wearing a mask I do feel somehow safer when wearing it although it makes me anxious

Manchester (she/her)

"As much as I do not really like wearing a mask I do feel somehow safer when wearing it although it makes me anxious "

Makes me a bit anxious too.

So what you're saying is that the invention of hygiene was a bad thing? That we would all in fact be much healthier if we didn't wash our hands after having a shit, that keeping food in a fridge makes us more likely to get food poisoning, that we would get fewer spots if we never showered?

Or perhaps it would just return to the days when 3 out of every 10 kids never made it into adulthood, and pricking your finger on a rose thorn could be a death sentence..."

No, I said none of those things.

But there is a happy medium and it's been proven that over-cleaning is associated with rise in allergies and weakened immune systems.

"As much as I do not really like wearing a mask I do feel somehow safer when wearing it although it makes me anxious "

There is plenty of evidence that mask wearing does not protect the wearer so that makes little sense.

It's designed to preve t the wearer from transmitting to others.

Hey ho.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Or perhaps it would just return to the days when 3 out of every 10 kids never made it into adulthood, and pricking your finger on a rose thorn could be a death sentence...

No, I said none of those things.

But there is a happy medium and it's been proven that over-cleaning is associated with rise in allergies and weakened immune systems."

the mask wearing in confined spaces wont affect natural immunity. What helped most with the flu was the lack of opportunity for transmission. People have still got colds and coughs... but People weren't going shopping, or to school etc or work with symptoms of covid which also most of the main symptoms of flu would make you stay in isolation.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"

There is plenty of evidence that mask wearing does not protect the wearer so that makes little sense.

Hey ho.

"

A face covering is designed to prevent you spreading the virus to others but the use of one of the white disposable ffp2/n95 masks from your local b&q/hardware store is actually capable of preventing you from breathing in the water droplets that are produced by coughing and sneezing which is what carries the virus through the air, i know this for certain as they are capable of stopping the volatile organic compound vapours in paints and wood finishes that I use in wood turning which are a much smaller size than the water droplets. Even the blue and white med masks if fitted close to the face should offer some protection as the material is rated the same for its filtration properties the issue with these is the fit as they tend to flare open at the sides which is why I wear a motorcycle neck after over the top to hold it close to the contours of my face.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I'm liking the mask thing, thinking of going full face covered. I'd like to keep covering even if things get back to fully normal.

nr spalding

"I'm liking the mask thing, thinking of going full face covered. I'd like to keep covering even if things get back to fully normal."

Go cyber goth style or steam punk?

My mask is dirtier than used undewear, I cant wait to get rid of the awful thing.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"I'm liking the mask thing, thinking of going full face covered. I'd like to keep covering even if things get back to fully normal."

Sort of opposite of the “ban the burka “ campaigns.

“Burka’s is brill” .... “Bring on the Burka” .... “Hands, Face, Space, Burka”

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"My mask is dirtier than used undewear, I cant wait to get rid of the awful thing.

"

Can’t see sniffing used face masks becoming a fetish.

Newcastle

Shafting people's natural immunity is not a good thing."

Given amount of pollution in the air alone the masks are very beneficial to support the immune system it's would be common sense to understand this fact in reality many PPE gear worn for work have filters in their masks and not do they stop a person spreading germs but also protects them from catching any and keeping a good standard of hygiene I'm sure plenty lack in and still figuring out what the purpose of soap is

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

If you are close enough to a crowd of people without one it would give you an answer I'm sure."

In certain circumstances (crowded public transport for example) there may be an argument for them. In the shops/restaurants/bars etc, I think social distancing is enough.

Newcastle

If you are close enough to a crowd of people without one it would give you an answer I'm sure.

In certain circumstances (crowded public transport for example) there may be an argument for them. In the shops/restaurants/bars etc, I think social distancing is enough."

Wouldn't be about social distance but more if their is adequate ventilation in any premises which is very important the air in any premises can build up very quickly each person breathing in and out would feel like a room full of smoke

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"

Hey ho.

A face covering is designed to prevent you spreading the virus to others but the use of one of the white disposable ffp2/n95 masks from your local b&q/hardware store is actually capable of preventing you from breathing in the water droplets that are produced by coughing and sneezing which is what carries the virus through the air, i know this for certain as they are capable of stopping the volatile organic compound vapours in paints and wood finishes that I use in wood turning which are a much smaller size than the water droplets. Even the blue and white med masks if fitted close to the face should offer some protection as the material is rated the same for its filtration properties the issue with these is the fit as they tend to flare open at the sides which is why I wear a motorcycle neck after over the top to hold it close to the contours of my face. "

You may want to review your PPE !

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"My mask is dirtier than used undewear, I cant wait to get rid of the awful thing.

Can’t see sniffing used face masks becoming a fetish. "

There's probably a bunch of fans already

nr spalding

"

Hey ho.

A face covering is designed to prevent you spreading the virus to others but the use of one of the white disposable ffp2/n95 masks from your local b&q/hardware store is actually capable of preventing you from breathing in the water droplets that are produced by coughing and sneezing which is what carries the virus through the air, i know this for certain as they are capable of stopping the volatile organic compound vapours in paints and wood finishes that I use in wood turning which are a much smaller size than the water droplets. Even the blue and white med masks if fitted close to the face should offer some protection as the material is rated the same for its filtration properties the issue with these is the fit as they tend to flare open at the sides which is why I wear a motorcycle neck after over the top to hold it close to the contours of my face.

You may want to review your PPE ! "

Care to elaborate for me?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Yes course ffp2 aren’t adequate for vapour/gases

» Add a new message to this topic