FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Matt hancock

Matt hancock

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Wait, you believe anything the government says? Yeesh

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Because having the vaccine whilst reducing the risks , doesnt make you immune.. I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!"

It takes 30 seconds to do a test, why wouldn’t you? The vast majority of us do have faith in the vaccine that’s why so many are getting vaccinated, unfortunately the small minority who don’t are helping to keep the virus spreading.

By *orkshire_roses999Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

100% correct

The vaccine gives you protection,not a complete immunity,

HOWEVER

1) it lessens the effects of CoVID if you get it (your body already has some antibodies and begins to fight it immediately

2) hers immunity here is the key thing! If we have, what they call, complete herd immunity, then it’ll eventually die out (smallpox didn’t die out overnight )

Hope that makes sense

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Because having the vaccine whilst reducing the risks , doesnt make you immune.. I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway "

That is the advice yes. You would have thought by now that people would understand this.

"Wait, you believe anything the government says? Yeesh "

I’ve not believed a single word from day one , hence why I’ve gone about my life like normal , ie not worn a stupid mask not used track and trace , gone all over the country when I want , because I can

Manchester (she/her)

"Wait, you believe anything the government says? Yeesh

I’ve not believed a single word from day one , hence why I’ve gone about my life like normal , ie not worn a stupid mask not used track and trace , gone all over the country when I want , because I can "

Hmm. You need better sources.

I’ve not believed a single word from day one , hence why I’ve gone about my life like normal , ie not worn a stupid mask not used track and trace , gone all over the country when I want , because I can

Hmm. You need better sources."

No I don’t , how many people do you know who have died from having so called vaccine ! I for one know one person . Who was ill after the first jab , and died after having the second one . Not a chance will I ever be having it .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Because having the vaccine whilst reducing the risks , doesnt make you immune.. I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway "

No, the vast, vast majority of people are not testing at all unless symptomatic.

Manchester (she/her)

No I don’t , how many people do you know who have died from having so called vaccine ! I for one know one person . Who was ill after the first jab , and died after having the second one . Not a chance will I ever be having it ."

I don't know anyone who's had a more severe reaction than a day of flu like symptoms, and that was me.

Personal anecdotes are not data, and "I don't trust the government therefore all experts are wrong and I can do what I want" is the same logic as "my teacher lied to me therefore the police and the queen are poopy heads"

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

The numbers in salford have practically doubled for the indian variant overnight in salford alone. You can still catch it even if youve had the vaccines. They are just beimg precautious

..we all want restrictions to end on 21st. But doesnt look like it happening due to people not wantimg the vaccine

But thats another forum thread!!!

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

"Because having the vaccine whilst reducing the risks , doesnt make you immune.. I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway

No, the vast, vast majority of people are not testing at all unless symptomatic."

i do

Twice a week

K

No I don’t , how many people do you know who have died from having so called vaccine ! I for one know one person . Who was ill after the first jab , and died after having the second one . Not a chance will I ever be having it .

I don't know anyone who's had a more severe reaction than a day of flu like symptoms, and that was me.

Personal anecdotes are not data, and "I don't trust the government therefore all experts are wrong and I can do what I want" is the same logic as "my teacher lied to me therefore the police and the queen are poopy heads""

Teachers dont make the curriculum

But they tell you stuff like the cow jumped over the moon i wonder why lol

The queenie has issues like everyone else tax evasion, amongst other accusations prince andrew, diana, missing children etc, list goes on

Police are like a law unto themselves at times who also break the law and get away with it

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Damned if they do, dammed if they don’t ….

Manchester (she/her)

"The numbers in salford have practically doubled for the indian variant overnight in salford alone. You can still catch it even if youve had the vaccines. They are just beimg precautious

..we all want restrictions to end on 21st. But doesnt look like it happening due to people not wantimg the vaccine

But thats another forum thread!!! "

Quite

Vaccination slashes the likelihood, given the evidence, but I think people expect "some people have been fully vaccinated, some more have been partially vaccinated, therefore problem vanish". It's medicine not magic

By *orkshire_roses999Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Personal anecdotes are not data, and "I don't trust the government therefore all experts are wrong and I can do what I want" is the same logic as "my teacher lied to me therefore the police and the queen are poopy heads""

If anyone does want the genuine research done on CoVID I’ll share the link…..it’s not BBC or anything like that,it’s genuine research

Hatt Mancock is a mere puppet on a string dears

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

No I don’t , how many people do you know who have died from having so called vaccine ! I for one know one person . Who was ill after the first jab , and died after having the second one . Not a chance will I ever be having it ."

Hold the front page, we've found patient Zero. The super spreader.....

450 million people vaccinated worldwide without a single recorded death as a result of the vaccine.

Apart from your mate......

Do you think he might have got vaccinated to protect himself from being around you?

E

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

I think some people are going nuts.

Whatever happened to (forgive the spelling) Bovine-spongiform-encapalopothy. Remember that?

450 million people vaccinated worldwide without a single recorded death as a result of the vaccine.

Do you think he might have got vaccinated to protect himself from being around you?

E"

Mmmmm your real funny arnt you , about as funny as cancer

Manchester (she/her)

Personal anecdotes are not data, and "I don't trust the government therefore all experts are wrong and I can do what I want" is the same logic as "my teacher lied to me therefore the police and the queen are poopy heads"

If anyone does want the genuine research done on CoVID I’ll share the link…..it’s not BBC or anything like that,it’s genuine research "

I follow virologists and epidemiologists, I'm good, ta

The South

E

Mmmmm your real funny arnt you , about as funny as cancer "

What's your understanding about how Covid is spread?

E

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!"

Yep test and ignore the results.

That's been the policy for the nation for quite a while now for all adults. Kids are being done at school. The test itself is no hardship is it? Just whether or not anyone does anything if they show a test as positive.

E

I’m not wasting my time on sheep , keep believing all your told

E"

Manchester (she/her)

"The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!

Yep test and ignore the results.

That's been the policy for the nation for quite a while now for all adults. Kids are being done at school. The test itself is no hardship is it? Just whether or not anyone does anything if they show a test as positive. "

I'm using common sense - as requested by the government - and ignoring the government

Ignore the government, test when I go anywhere, wait for immune response to mount, stay away from people, double mask.

The South

E

E"

Typing your reply inside my quotation marks to hide it?

Come on, be bold, let's hear what you understand about viral transmission.

E

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 15:53:33]

Matt tosspot

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

E

E

E"

so he's off with the sheeple quote again probably trying to hide it as it got reported and removed the last time just report him again that's what I for one have started doing

The South

E

E

E

so he's off with the sheeple quote again probably trying to hide it as it got reported and removed the last time just report him again that's what I for one have started doing "

Its a childish retort, adds nothing to the debate and actually demonstrates general ignorance.

Don't have a credible (or incredible) response, resort to name calling.

E

Manchester (she/her)

"

Its a childish retort, adds nothing to the debate and actually demonstrates general ignorance.

E"

Quite.

Tin town

E

E

E

so he's off with the sheeple quote again probably trying to hide it as it got reported and removed the last time just report him again that's what I for one have started doing

E"

OK Felicity

By *isshorny247Couple  over a year ago

wallsend

I get test 3x a week I work in a care home in wallsend northeast

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

It's far too hard for numpties to understand, instead they just mock what they can't comprehend

"I think some people are going nuts.

Whatever happened to (forgive the spelling) Bovine-spongiform-encapalopothy. Remember that?"

Weren't we all meant to die from bird flu as well?

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

"The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!

It takes 30 seconds to do a test, why wouldn’t you? The vast majority of us do have faith in the vaccine that’s why so many are getting vaccinated, unfortunately the small minority who don’t are helping to keep the virus spreading. "

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

I’ve not believed a single word from day one , hence why I’ve gone about my life like normal , ie not worn a stupid mask not used track and trace , gone all over the country when I want , because I can "

I hope you never get covid or actually need anything ......that is a absolutely stupid statement

By *antingmore72Woman  over a year ago

Hastings

I've had to test twice a week for the last few months as I'm a keyworker. Don't really see what the big deal is to be fair?!

OP, you spelt it wrong. It's Wankcock.

However, I do fully believe that there is a very nasty disease out there.

It takes 30 seconds to do a test, why wouldn’t you? The vast majority of us do have faith in the vaccine that’s why so many are getting vaccinated, unfortunately the small minority who don’t are helping to keep the virus spreading. "

you talk a load of toooosh don't you believe in the vachine then

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

E

E

E

E

OK Felicity "

Oh dear yet another one how sad for them I think maybe we should feel sorry for them and show pitty on them, maybe start an online education program on you tube as they seem to belive everything they see on there

By *issChief 200Woman  over a year ago

South West

No vaccine for stuidity!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most people with respect for the safety and well-being of others are vaccinated or plain to be. There are other measures that we're taking to help protect others and ourselves and, as an example, having tests is a really simple measure. Nothing has 100% certainty, for 100% of the people, 100% of the time, hence people follow a common sense approach, doing as much as they can, often with minimal effort. (The vaccine takes a few minutes of our time, potentially twice). Tests take a few seconds, with results within half an hour.

It's possible to huff and puff about things that we'd magically like to be different or we can take a few minimal steps that give a huge gain for us all and getting our world open again.

Most people are not testing at all they have lives.

"Most people with respect for the safety and well-being of others are vaccinated or plain to be. There are other measures that we're taking to help protect others and ourselves and, as an example, having tests is a really simple measure. Nothing has 100% certainty, for 100% of the people, 100% of the time, hence people follow a common sense approach, doing as much as they can, often with minimal effort. (The vaccine takes a few minutes of our time, potentially twice). Tests take a few seconds, with results within half an hour.

It's possible to huff and puff about things that we'd magically like to be different or we can take a few minimal steps that give a huge gain for us all and getting our world open again. "

Errm... No.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know of now at least half a dozen people who have died from covid… and I know another few who still have long covid issues months after getting it….

For me the rewards far outweigh the risk……

I just hope you don’t get ill….

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Because having the vaccine whilst reducing the risks , doesnt make you immune.. I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway

Most people are not testing at all they have lives. "

If you can’t take a couple of minutes out of your life to take a test… what is that actually saying?

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Most people are not testing at all they have lives. "

Or most people should use their loaf and get tested

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

More like they don’t have faith in the public. And they’re right not to. The public is the stupidest of all the groups…

By *isexhotcoupleCouple  over a year ago

london

Hmm. You need better sources."

No he doesn't

Manchester (she/her)

If you can’t take a couple of minutes out of your life to take a test… what is that actually saying? "

Tin town

If you can’t take a couple of minutes out of your life to take a test… what is that actually saying? "

I'd like someone else to make that 30 second effort for me please because I'm way too busy living my life?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I have lost count now the number of times people have reminded you what the vaccine does and why people need to keep testing at the moment OP ..yet you can't stop trying to score points and be the big man somehow justifying your stance on vaccinations and the pandemic in general ..said it before you are acting just like a child poking a wasps nest with a stick..just you be careful one of these days one them doesn't come out and sting you!*chortles

Manchester (she/her)

I have lost count now the number of times people have reminded you what the vaccine does and why people need to keep testing at the moment OP ..yet you can't stop trying to score points and be the big man somehow justifying your stance on vaccinations and the pandemic in general ..said it before you are acting just like a child poking a wasps nest with a stick..just you be careful one of these days one them doesn't come out and sting you!*chortles"

Welcome to the virus forum, where points are scored and the facts don't matter (with apologies to Drew Carey)

I have lost count now the number of times people have reminded you what the vaccine does and why people need to keep testing at the moment OP ..yet you can't stop trying to score points and be the big man somehow justifying your stance on vaccinations and the pandemic in general ..said it before you are acting just like a child poking a wasps nest with a stick..just you be careful one of these days one them doesn't come out and sting you!*chortles"

Hey who’s trying to score points not me pal , I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside , no convids here on the farm , but let’s hope for all your sakes this so called vaccine doesn’t have serious issues for you all later in life .

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I have lost count now the number of times people have reminded you what the vaccine does and why people need to keep testing at the moment OP ..yet you can't stop trying to score points and be the big man somehow justifying your stance on vaccinations and the pandemic in general ..said it before you are acting just like a child poking a wasps nest with a stick..just you be careful one of these days one them doesn't come out and sting you!*chortles

Hey who’s trying to score points not me pal , I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside , no convids here on the farm , but let’s hope for all your sakes this so called vaccine doesn’t have serious issues for you all later in life . "

I suggest you are trying to score your own kind of points?

also living in the countryside us no guarantee you won't become ill or have any reaction to a vaccine?

Seem to recall you said you had two mates? who both got sick after the vaccine and one died? yet it appears the number who have died from taking the vaccine alone is pretty much none?

Regarding issues in later life personally I have gone into it eyes open and to try and protect people around me , restart the economy and to help us all start living again..if there's an adverse reaction to that in someway some day then I will accept it as part if the deal..and I'm pretty sure not one sheep at the gates of an abattoir does that!..in fact I know they don't.

"

The pricks at it again , asking people in greater Manchester to get tested twice a week , so all the folks who’s been vaccinated in greater Manchester need to get tested twice a week. Wow the government must have great faith in their vaccine lol not!!!!

Hey who’s trying to score points not me pal , I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside , no convids here on the farm , but let’s hope for all your sakes this so called vaccine doesn’t have serious issues for you all later in life .

I suggest you are trying to score your own kind of points?

also living in the countryside us no guarantee you won't become ill or have any reaction to a vaccine?

Seem to recall you said you had two mates? who both got sick after the vaccine and one died? yet it appears the number who have died from taking the vaccine alone is pretty much none?

Regarding issues in later life personally I have gone into it eyes open and to try and protect people around me , restart the economy and to help us all start living again..if there's an adverse reaction to that in someway some day then I will accept it as part if the deal..and I'm pretty sure not one sheep at the gates of an abattoir does that!..in fact I know they don't.

"

And a big round of applause for you ,

The South

Hey who’s trying to score points not me pal , I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside , no convids here on the farm , but let’s hope for all your sakes this so called vaccine doesn’t have serious issues for you all later in life . "

Living in the countryside is protection against an airborne virus?

Okkkkkkkkkkkkk

E

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Living in the countryside is protection against an airborne virus?

Okkkkkkkkkkkkk

E"

To be fair it is! As long as you don’t come into contact with an infected person. If you live in a remote rural area then that’s gonna be pretty safe compared to a flat in a city centre as you will see less people right?

E"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

And what hardship is that? It can be done at home and takes seconds.

No one ever said the vaccine was 100% effective did they?

I've had covid and am fully vaccinated but if asked I'd gladly test twice a week. I just don't get this shitty attitude over something as trivial as a test.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Currently doing an absolute car crash of being questioned.

He has already been fact checked twice and been found wanting whilst every awkward question is answered with "I have no recollection'

Its truly astonishing how people completely out of their depth rise to the highest positions in the land

Manchester (she/her)

"Currently doing an absolute car crash of being questioned.

He has already been fact checked twice and been found wanting whilst every awkward question is answered with "I have no recollection'

Its truly astonishing how people completely out of their depth rise to the highest positions in the land "

For sure. But conflating the idiocy of our politicians with "covid is a scam etc" - that's just silly.

liverpool

When asked about a convo he had with Johnson about concerns about care homes

"Not that I can remember 'came the reply.

Tin town

Trouble is.. Even if he gets what he deserves (and he won't) sacking him now would be a disaster. What's left of any credibility would be gone and it would be the cummings effect but 10 times worse. Wait until after next winter when we are in better shape and then go after every single one of them who can be proved to have made decisions based solely upon their own enrichment.

liverpool

"Trouble is.. Even if he gets what he deserves (and he won't) sacking him now would be a disaster. What's left of any credibility would be gone and it would be the cummings effect but 10 times worse. Wait until after next winter when we are in better shape and then go after every single one of them who can be proved to have made decisions based solely upon their own enrichment. "

Thats where cummings played it brilliantly tbf

He said johnson would sack him as the fall guy,which means he cant do that now ,without proving him right.

The sick thing is they are all playing political football over the deaths of 130,000 people.

Manchester (she/her)

"Trouble is.. Even if he gets what he deserves (and he won't) sacking him now would be a disaster. What's left of any credibility would be gone and it would be the cummings effect but 10 times worse. Wait until after next winter when we are in better shape and then go after every single one of them who can be proved to have made decisions based solely upon their own enrichment.

He said johnson would sack him as the fall guy,which means he cant do that now ,without proving him right.

The sick thing is they are all playing political football over the deaths of 130,000 people."

Yeah. It's fucking appalling. I wish I knew what we could actually do other than watch on in horror.

Yes, but despite the vaccine being effective in saving lives and reducing illness, they have never said it completely prevents infection and spread; so close monitoring may well not be the worst of ideas in areas where there’s a particular. I know it’s trendy to slag off the government at every turn, but sometimes there’s a good reason for some of their ideas, or am I just being far too balanced in my thinking?

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, but despite the vaccine being effective in saving lives and reducing illness, they have never said it completely prevents infection and spread; so close monitoring may well not be the worst of ideas in areas where there’s a particular. I know it’s trendy to slag off the government at every turn, but sometimes there’s a good reason for some of their ideas, or am I just being far too balanced in my thinking? "

No, you're right. I'll slag 'em off all day long, but monitoring an epidemic is sensible.

And what hardship is that? It can be done at home and takes seconds.

No one ever said the vaccine was 100% effective did they?

I've had covid and am fully vaccinated but if asked I'd gladly test twice a week. I just don't get this shitty attitude over something as trivial as a test. "

It’s good to see someone whose capable of independent thought and a bit of common sense. Couldn’t agree more.

its all crap its about control not a vax.

Brighton

"Trouble is.. Even if he gets what he deserves (and he won't) sacking him now would be a disaster. What's left of any credibility would be gone and it would be the cummings effect but 10 times worse. Wait until after next winter when we are in better shape and then go after every single one of them who can be proved to have made decisions based solely upon their own enrichment.

The sick thing is they are all playing political football over the deaths of 130,000 people.

Yeah. It's fucking appalling. I wish I knew what we could actually do other than watch on in horror."

We could protest...no wait err no we can’t! Maybe lots of groups of 30 people but not making any noise or being a nuisance to anyone! So erm not a protest! Ok, let’s just watch on TV

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah. It's fucking appalling. I wish I knew what we could actually do other than watch on in horror.

We could protest...no wait err no we can’t! Maybe lots of groups of 30 people but not making any noise or being a nuisance to anyone! So erm not a protest! Ok, let’s just watch on TV "

I do worry about the erosion of our rights - but I don't think it's a virus thing, I think it's about the nature of our politics, and I think it predates the pandemic.

Brighton

We could protest...no wait err no we can’t! Maybe lots of groups of 30 people but not making any noise or being a nuisance to anyone! So erm not a protest! Ok, let’s just watch on TV

I do worry about the erosion of our rights - but I don't think it's a virus thing, I think it's about the nature of our politics, and I think it predates the pandemic."

I have repeatedly called the current executive a bunch of morally bankrupt self serving opportunists.

When they secured an 80 seat majority off the back of “get brexit done” they thought xmas had come early. The brexit bill provided all manner of “flexibility” to change legislation to service their own needs BUT THEN the pandemic hit.

It wasn’t planned. Nor is it a global conspiracy. But once those in charge had stopped flapping about, they realised this emergency was like all their xmases and birthdays rolled into one!

Under the smokescreen they have been able to pass all manner of legislation eroding our rights AND make some unbelievably serious amounts of ££££ at our expense.

All they need to do is keep up the distraction and roll out the vaccine and everyone’s happy.

The Roman Emperor’s knew how to keep the mob happy “bread and circuses”

Tin town

Yes, but despite the vaccine being effective in saving lives and reducing illness, they have never said it completely prevents infection and spread; so close monitoring may well not be the worst of ideas in areas where there’s a particular. I know it’s trendy to slag off the government at every turn, but sometimes there’s a good reason for some of their ideas, or am I just being far too balanced in my thinking? "

Oh no there's been some good in amongst it..and balance is needed. And it's been a very hard 18 months for everyone... But some of them appear to have done some very bad things, and they should be investigated properly...and temporary amnesia is not a good look for a govt minister. I mean would you employ someone who had such memory / recall issues for significant and material facts?

Manchester (she/her)

I do worry about the erosion of our rights - but I don't think it's a virus thing, I think it's about the nature of our politics, and I think it predates the pandemic.

I have repeatedly called the current executive a bunch of morally bankrupt self serving opportunists.

When they secured an 80 seat majority off the back of “get brexit done” they thought xmas had come early. The brexit bill provided all manner of “flexibility” to change legislation to service their own needs BUT THEN the pandemic hit.

It wasn’t planned. Nor is it a global conspiracy. But once those in charge had stopped flapping about, they realised this emergency was like all their xmases and birthdays rolled into one!

Under the smokescreen they have been able to pass all manner of legislation eroding our rights AND make some unbelievably serious amounts of ££££ at our expense.

All they need to do is keep up the distraction and roll out the vaccine and everyone’s happy.

The Roman Emperor’s knew how to keep the mob happy “bread and circuses” "

Absolutely. This devastating toll of death, disability, educational disruption and economic destruction was a happy accident to them.

Tin town

The Roman Emperor’s knew how to keep the mob happy “bread and circuses” "

So the analogy is the euros then....euros and a hot cross bun..

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

The man's surname ends in cock. That's all you need to know

The South

"its all crap its about control not a vax.

"

I'm a W person.

So, control..... who, what, where, why?

E

By *2123Man  over a year ago

All over

It’s well known that the vaccine doesn’t protect you from covid it just reduces the effect and possibly reduces catching it? It’s still in the trial stage for another 2 years so nobody fully understands it. Most people aren’t even aware they’re part of the trial.

But still, everyone in Manchester take the inaccurate Chinese tests twice a week to know if you have the dreaded covid. Is it that bad if you need to be tested to know you have it because 80% of people don’t show a symptom. Most of the results and numbers aren’t accurate.

Time to move on, get vaccinated and shield if you’re at risk or if not let’s move on. The government are incompetent and the people are just as bad for not being able to make their own informed decisions. I can’t see this changing, this will be the new way of life

There’s no profit in a cure.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s well known that the vaccine doesn’t protect you from covid it just reduces the effect and possibly reduces catching it? It’s still in the trial stage for another 2 years so nobody fully understands it. Most people aren’t even aware they’re part of the trial.

But still, everyone in Manchester take the inaccurate Chinese tests twice a week to know if you have the dreaded covid. Is it that bad if you need to be tested to know you have it because 80% of people don’t show a symptom. Most of the results and numbers aren’t accurate.

Time to move on, get vaccinated and shield if you’re at risk or if not let’s move on. The government are incompetent and the people are just as bad for not being able to make their own informed decisions. I can’t see this changing, this will be the new way of life

There’s no profit in a cure. "

Do you consider reducing the effects of Covid not protection? Yeesh

All over

"It’s well known that the vaccine doesn’t protect you from covid it just reduces the effect and possibly reduces catching it? It’s still in the trial stage for another 2 years so nobody fully understands it. Most people aren’t even aware they’re part of the trial.

Do you consider reducing the effects of Covid not protection? Yeesh"

Yeah It’s doing a splendid job…….!

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah It’s doing a splendid job…….!"

ok

All over

Yeah It’s doing a splendid job…….!

ok"

Glad we both agree

By *ngel and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Dover

It's easy to spot when Hancock or any MP is talking Shite... Their mouths open.

They are all corrupt.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Well done you. Shame the dead and the hospitalised don't have the same freedom

Well done you. Shame the dead and the hospitalised don't have the same freedom "

Yawn

Tin town

Yawn "

Snore

The South

Yawn "

Dreadful response.

E

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

"The numbers in salford have practically doubled for the indian variant overnight in salford alone. You can still catch it even if youve had the vaccines. They are just beimg precautious

Yes, we have friends in Leicestershire where the vaccine take up has been low in the city and other parts of the Asian community, it seems as if the media and most people are shut scared of saying anything for fear of being tarred a racist !

Didn’t the media say the black and Asian communities were at most risk from this virus, yet they seem to be the ones not taking up the vaccine.

Congratulations for Mat Hancock coming on TV addressing the truth about how the government has dealt with the pandemic. Many questions and lies by Cummings answered. By truth and integrity. Three cheers for the health Secretary. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip horray. My mind is rested now knowing that he tried his best giving the options open to him. The government must be so happy now that the shot has been deflected so to speak. That reminds me I am going to request that my 5 Yr old daughter become the next health secretary. She surly must be able to do a better job of it. At least she tells the truth with Integrity.

Tin town

"Congratulations for Mat Hancock coming on TV addressing the truth about how the government has dealt with the pandemic. Many questions and lies by Cummings answered. By truth and integrity. Three cheers for the health Secretary. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip horray. My mind is rested now knowing that he tried his best giving the options open to him. The government must be so happy now that the shot has been deflected so to speak. That reminds me I am going to request that my 5 Yr old daughter become the next health secretary. She surly must be able to do a better job of it. At least she tells the truth with Integrity. "

It's interesting trying to pick the "truth" as opposed to the personality. And what difference it may or not have made to our lives. I'm also interested in the misinformation / inaccuracy / evolving science that the WHO pedals... Here's one...

"In February 2020, the WHO advised that: "Travel bans to affected areas or denial of entry to passengers coming from affected areas are usually not effective in preventing the importation of cases, but may have a significant economic and social impact."

This was a recommendation - so non-binding - rather than part of the international health regulations. And a number of countries chose not to follow it.

Australia, New Zealand and India almost entirely closed their borders - and it has been noted that they were comparatively well protected during the first wave of Covid.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/57427777.amp

Brighton

"Congratulations for Mat Hancock coming on TV addressing the truth about how the government has dealt with the pandemic. Many questions and lies by Cummings answered. By truth and integrity. Three cheers for the health Secretary. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip horray. My mind is rested now knowing that he tried his best giving the options open to him. The government must be so happy now that the shot has been deflected so to speak. That reminds me I am going to request that my 5 Yr old daughter become the next health secretary. She surly must be able to do a better job of it. At least she tells the truth with Integrity. "

You almost got me there, then I realised what you did there! Spot on!

Hancock et al need to be fully investigated and the feel the full weight of the law.

"Congratulations for Mat Hancock coming on TV addressing the truth about how the government has dealt with the pandemic. Many questions and lies by Cummings answered. By truth and integrity. Three cheers for the health Secretary. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip horray. My mind is rested now knowing that he tried his best giving the options open to him. The government must be so happy now that the shot has been deflected so to speak. That reminds me I am going to request that my 5 Yr old daughter become the next health secretary. She surly must be able to do a better job of it. At least she tells the truth with Integrity.

It's interesting trying to pick the "truth" as opposed to the personality. And what difference it may or not have made to our lives. I'm also interested in the misinformation / inaccuracy / evolving science that the WHO pedals... Here's one...

"In February 2020, the WHO advised that: "Travel bans to affected areas or denial of entry to passengers coming from affected areas are usually not effective in preventing the importation of cases, but may have a significant economic and social impact."

This was a recommendation - so non-binding - rather than part of the international health regulations. And a number of countries chose not to follow it.

Australia, New Zealand and India almost entirely closed their borders - and it has been noted that they were comparatively well protected during the first wave of Covid. "

Spot on. How not completely closing borders does not stop the spread so to soeak baffles me. It would appear to be the most sensible option. Maybe this was just a cover up for the trade situation etc but we will never know the complete truth. Imagine if the truth ever slipped out that the government unwittingly were in effect responsible for the deaths of thousands of people in a indirect way. Maybe its best perhaps not to know the complete truth. The implications are truly woeful.

Tin town

"Congratulations for Mat Hancock coming on TV addressing the truth about how the government has dealt with the pandemic. Many questions and lies by Cummings answered. By truth and integrity. Three cheers for the health Secretary. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip horray. My mind is rested now knowing that he tried his best giving the options open to him. The government must be so happy now that the shot has been deflected so to speak. That reminds me I am going to request that my 5 Yr old daughter become the next health secretary. She surly must be able to do a better job of it. At least she tells the truth with Integrity.

Australia, New Zealand and India almost entirely closed their borders - and it has been noted that they were comparatively well protected during the first wave of Covid.

Spot on. How not completely closing borders does not stop the spread so to soeak baffles me. It would appear to be the most sensible option. Maybe this was just a cover up for the trade situation etc but we will never know the complete truth. Imagine if the truth ever slipped out that the government unwittingly were in effect responsible for the deaths of thousands of people in a indirect way. Maybe its best perhaps not to know the complete truth. The implications are truly woeful. "

That would be WHO recommending not closing borders to stop spread ... And UK govt following their expertise...

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

If there was ever a bigger, smarmy looking weasel than Hancock, I'd like to see him, gove runs him a close second though.

Manchester (she/her)

Spot on. How not completely closing borders does not stop the spread so to soeak baffles me. It would appear to be the most sensible option. Maybe this was just a cover up for the trade situation etc but we will never know the complete truth. Imagine if the truth ever slipped out that the government unwittingly were in effect responsible for the deaths of thousands of people in a indirect way. Maybe its best perhaps not to know the complete truth. The implications are truly woeful.

That would be WHO recommending not closing borders to stop spread ... And UK govt following their expertise... "

And I'm very glad that Australia and New Zealand ignored them.

WHO didn't get everything right. I don't know why the UK made the choices it did, but that one was a mistake.

Tin town

"If there was ever a bigger, smarmy looking weasel than Hancock, I'd like to see him, gove runs him a close second though."

Thankfully on this site we are open minded enough not to judge anyone on how they look

liverpool

Tbf the footage of him with that woman reporter is suoerb

"If there was ever a bigger, smarmy looking weasel than Hancock, I'd like to see him, gove runs him a close second though.

Thankfully on this site we are open minded enough not to judge anyone on how they look "

How they look by their body language and actions. Hancock looking like he's been caught out and uding the "the dog ate my homework" excuses

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"If there was ever a bigger, smarmy looking weasel than Hancock, I'd like to see him, gove runs him a close second though.

Thankfully on this site we are open minded enough not to judge anyone on how they look "

Nicely put

oldham

Yawn

Dreadful response.

E"

Perhaps the next time there's a foot and mouth outbreak,, people will yawn over the plight of farmeryawner

[Removed by poster at 11/06/21 17:16:54]

Not to mention the 5 million people now on NHS waiting lists.

Tin town

"Not to mention the 5 million people now on NHS waiting lists."

Nothing stopping them from starting to catch up now though is there?

The South

Yawn

Dreadful response.

E

Perhaps the next time there's a foot and mouth outbreak,, people will yawn over the plight of farmeryawner "

Perhaps.

Or perhaps people will feel a bit of sympathy for those who've suffered loss.

E

oldham

Yawn

Dreadful response.

E

Perhaps the next time there's a foot and mouth outbreak,, people will yawn over the plight of farmeryawner

Perhaps.

Or perhaps people will feel a bit of sympathy for those who've suffered loss.

E"

I'm sorry but his type,,, wont

"Not to mention the 5 million people now on NHS waiting lists.

Nothing stopping them from starting to catch up now though is there? "

It's the biggest backlog the NHS has ever faced. It will take a long time to catch up. To say nothing is stopping now is ridiculous. Doctors and Nurses are burnt out, many suffering PTSD from what they've been through. Not to mention a lying Health Secretary and a below inflation pay rise (cut in real terms) 1%. If things don't improve with the virus there will be move Covid admission that will further cause issues.

By *iss JayeTV/TS  over a year ago

Tey

How many do you know that died from Covid before the jab? I know of 10 people, one of them my partner. If you had half a brain you’d have the vaccine just in case.

Mind you it could be conspiracy to get rid of ignorant folk who think they are naturally immune and travel wherever they want during lockdown.

Tin town

It's the biggest backlog the NHS has ever faced. It will take a long time to catch up. To say nothing is stopping now is ridiculous. Doctors and Nurses are burnt out, many suffering PTSD from what they've been through. Not to mention a lying Health Secretary and a below inflation pay rise (cut in real terms) 1%. If things don't improve with the virus there will be move Covid admission that will further cause issues. "

Sure more excuses. The nhs gets away with dreadful admin, service, diagnosis, patient care... But sure.. A year on keep blaming covid.

Brighton

It's the biggest backlog the NHS has ever faced. It will take a long time to catch up. To say nothing is stopping now is ridiculous. Doctors and Nurses are burnt out, many suffering PTSD from what they've been through. Not to mention a lying Health Secretary and a below inflation pay rise (cut in real terms) 1%. If things don't improve with the virus there will be move Covid admission that will further cause issues.

Sure more excuses. The nhs gets away with dreadful admin, service, diagnosis, patient care... But sure.. A year on keep blaming covid. "

I know you have suffered loss and it’s heartbreaking. You are understandably hurting and angry as well you should be. But that last statement is both overly harsh and a wide sweeping generalisation.

There are definitely inefficiencies across the NHS but these are exacerbated by ongoing Govt tinkering, outsourcing/internal marketplace (part privatisation) and there are distinct differences between each Primary Care Trust who have autonomy to determine local delivery priorities. The NHS is not a single organisation.

Sure more excuses. The nhs gets away with dreadful admin, service, diagnosis, patient care... But sure.. A year on keep blaming covid. "

i think its fair to say there are elements of both - even the best most efficient health service imaginable would have taken a huge hit this last 15 months or so

Tin town

Sure more excuses. The nhs gets away with dreadful admin, service, diagnosis, patient care... But sure.. A year on keep blaming covid.

i think its fair to say there are elements of both - even the best most efficient health service imaginable would have taken a huge hit this last 15 months or so "

Agreed they would.... But for the last 4 months there's been no excuses. I can get 4 texts calls 3 emails and as much care as I want if I'm having a jab but can't get a call back from my gp or a blood test within 4 weeks...and before someone throws the vaccine program out as an excuse.. The vaccine program is mostly volunteers. And thanks to all those volunteers.... Its the most efficient and professional engagement I've had with health care in 20 years. Perhaps we can copy bits of it to improve our normal NHS care and service.

" Agreed they would.... But for the last 4 months there's been no excuses. I can get 4 texts calls 3 emails and as much care as I want if I'm having a jab but can't get a call back from my gp or a blood test within 4 weeks...and before someone throws the vaccine program out as an excuse.. The vaccine program is mostly volunteers. And thanks to all those volunteers.... Its the most efficient and professional engagement I've had with health care in 20 years. Perhaps we can copy bits of it to improve our normal NHS care and service. "

yea i can sympathise my gp service has been pretty poor , whereas have seen some on here have used the remote appointments as an opportunity to be more efficient - luck of the draw it seems

Dagenham

Can we judge him now we know he's a useless lieing scum bag, or do we still reserve judgement??

Tin town

Thankfully on this site we are open minded enough not to judge anyone on how they look

Can we judge him now we know he's a useless lieing scum bag, or do we still reserve judgement??"

If you must judge someone, dont do it because of the way he looks or the colour of his skin or facial features. If you want to judge him for his personal life that's a choice you make. If you want to judge them on their professional abilities that's your choice to make.

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

I think the point is - we are all making sacrifices in our lives but somehow it’s ok for the head of the health service to snogg a woman he ( I assume) doesn’t live with

Dagenham

Can we judge him now we know he's a useless lieing scum bag, or do we still reserve judgement??

If you must judge someone, dont do it because of the way he looks or the colour of his skin or facial features. If you want to judge him for his personal life that's a choice you make. If you want to judge them on their professional abilities that's your choice to make. "

You can't trust your intuition then?

liverpool

Its blatatantly obvs what's going on.

They cant get rid of him got being utterly useless so they have got Murdoch and co to dig the dirt on him.

It stinks.

If you must judge someone, dont do it because of the way he looks or the colour of his skin or facial features. If you want to judge him for his personal life that's a choice you make. If you want to judge them on their professional abilities that's your choice to make. "

Okay. Both Hove and Hancock are snivelling, grovelling little ugly bastards

"Its blatatantly obvs what's going on.

They cant get rid of him got being utterly useless so they have got Murdoch and co to dig the dirt on him.

It stinks."

Isn't it called a control file? His services are no longer required and he's expendable now.

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

I don’t judge him or anyone on there personal life except when they are in a position of power and ask others to make sacrifices but twist the rules to suit themselves

liverpool

It stinks.

Isn't it called a control file? His services are no longer required and he's expendable now. "

Yep..and it keeps the focus away from the blundering buffoon.

Dagenham

It stinks."

I think it stinks that he was kept in the job whilst being useless myself

liverpool

It stinks.

I think it stinks that he was kept in the job whilst being useless myself"

Well he is in good company.

By *eirdscienceMan  over a year ago

Postwick

Got to hand it to him though, she's mighty fit

Tin town

If you must judge someone, dont do it because of the way he looks or the colour of his skin or facial features. If you want to judge him for his personal life that's a choice you make. If you want to judge them on their professional abilities that's your choice to make.

You can't trust your intuition then?"

What does that have to do with the way someone looks? Someone is ugly therefore sack them? Nice..

Dagenham

What does that have to do with the way someone looks? Someone is ugly therefore sack them? Nice.."

Wow, how did you get from the word intuition to sacking some one cos there ugly?

Dagenham

It stinks.

Well he is in good company."

Yep, I'd be happy for Murdoch to do a number on the lot of em

Tin town

What does that have to do with the way someone looks? Someone is ugly therefore sack them? Nice..

Wow, how did you get from the word intuition to sacking some one cos there ugly? "

My response on all this was to the line at the top... Hes a smarmy looking weasel.. Hence the way he looks. Yes of course intuition is one of our more powerful emotions. But still if you were canned by your bosses intuition rather than your performance you'd be aggrieved I'm sure.

liverpool

It stinks.

Well he is in good company.

Yep, I'd be happy for Murdoch to do a number on the lot of em "

Murdoch is a cunt and has them in his pockets.

The whole lot belongs in the sewer.

to be fair he is shagging a right sort....but he is a prick

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

A classic example of why we are / where we are...Selfish f***ing dickhead!

Dagenham

Wow, how did you get from the word intuition to sacking some one cos there ugly?

My response on all this was to the line at the top... Hes a smarmy looking weasel.. Hence the way he looks. Yes of course intuition is one of our more powerful emotions. But still if you were canned by your bosses intuition rather than your performance you'd be aggrieved I'm sure. "

He's not a smarmy 'looking ' weasel anymore. He's a smarmy, useless, lieing weasel now.

My apologies to any weasels I've offended.

A classic example of why we are / where we are...Selfish f***ing dickhead!"

I’m not sure name calling is the best course of action? It’s his right. I was allowed to go to work everyday but wasn’t allowed to see parents? One of which I just happen to work with?

In response to your quite rude and aggressive message. You are in fact

‘ a classic example of why so much hate and division is now around. Over opinionated Di**Head.

Ps I hope you stay in doors forever with your poor attitude

oldham

A classic example of why we are / where we are...Selfish f***ing dickhead!"

Totally,,,,,, I've edged my bets all thro, hand sanitisers, masks. Both vaccinations some 8 weeks ago now, continue to stick to the rules, and still tested positive yesterday..... I wouldn't wish how I'm feeling right now on anyone,, but prepared to make the odd exception for the prize bell ends of this world

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It stinks."

I would say they can get rid of him but Johnson doesn't want to look like he was forced into it by what cummings said so they are releasing this...gives him an excuse to sack the person for getting up close and personal with someone when we were not allowed when said person agreed that Ferguson should be sacked for doing the same thing

liverpool

It stinks.

I would say they can get rid of him but Johnson doesn't want to look like he was forced into it by what cummings said so they are releasing this...gives him an excuse to sack the person for getting up close and personal with someone when we were not allowed when said person agreed that Ferguson should be sacked for doing the same thing"

Yep

If they got rid of him now Cummings can say I told you so,so they get Murdoch to set him up.

It's so transparent

I sure wouldn't like the bill for all the testing that must be a great strain on the NHS purse strings as believe it's about £25 per test if memory serves me correct

Brighton

‘In May 2020, Hancock claimed to have been left “speechless” by Prof Ferguson’s “extraordinary” behaviour, and said it had been right for him to resign as a government Sage adviser.’

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The problem for Johnson is that he's been saving up his investment in Hancock being in the role, as he has stayed a wonderful scape goat for whenever any fingers are pointed to Johnson.

If Hancock goes too early, Johnson loses that human shield.

His form has been to have no shame and just to deflect attention by spaffing on the public, without pause, with another gush of BS word salad.

Of course, Hancock should probably resign immediately. Coming from within an assembly of as good as morally bankrupt creatures, there's limited concern for the real human cost of their actions, their track record suggests. The public deserved leaders who are way above criticosm, because they have respectable scruples and attract enormous respect.

It's still a difficult period for our wellbeing, with millions without vaccination immunity, parts of the economy restricted and fast growing levels of this more infectious variant. The public need to have their trust retained. Seeing those with power behaving in ways that can be seen as contemptuous, weakens the hard to sustain perception of the virus as something that we must continue to limit ourselves, to help to protect our own and others' health.

By *igDickSwansMan  over a year ago

Swansea City Centre

Okay. Both Hove and Hancock are snivelling, grovelling little ugly bastards"

well said :D

Swansea City Centre

the problem is we all know that Bojo, Hancock and the conservatives are all a bunch of useless twats.... but the British public voted for them and i really cant understand why

oldham

"the problem is we all know that Bojo, Hancock and the conservatives are all a bunch of useless twats.... but the British public voted for them and i really cant understand why"

What was the alternative?

Swansea City Centre

"the problem is we all know that Bojo, Hancock and the conservatives are all a bunch of useless twats.... but the British public voted for them and i really cant understand why

What was the alternative? "

id have taken Mr Blobby over the conservatives

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

When Matt Hancock, the man with the charisma of a wet flannel, is a bonafide fanny magnet, there's hope for us all.

Bojo can't fire him for this. Not when you consider his history with playing away.

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

A classic example of why we are / where we are...Selfish f***ing dickhead!

I’m not sure name calling is the best course of action? It’s his right. I was allowed to go to work everyday but wasn’t allowed to see parents? One of which I just happen to work with?

In response to your quite rude and aggressive message. You are in fact

‘ a classic example of why so much hate and division is now around. Over opinionated Di**Head.

Ps I hope you stay in doors forever with your poor attitude "

That's now two selfish dickheads....and counting !!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Anyone else think the kiss itself was quite a sexy snog

Brighton

"When Matt Hancock, the man with the charisma of a wet flannel, is a bonafide fanny magnet, there's hope for us all.

Bojo can't fire him for this. Not when you consider his history with playing away. "

Hancock pretty much paid her! Using OUR money, hired this ex-lobbyist (and “friend”)

liverpool

"the problem is we all know that Bojo, Hancock and the conservatives are all a bunch of useless twats.... but the British public voted for them and i really cant understand why

Is that the standard response to voting in a gang of shysters and having one of the worst death rates in Europe?

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Is that the standard response to voting in a gang of shysters and having one of the worst death rates in Europe?"

It stinks.

I would say they can get rid of him but Johnson doesn't want to look like he was forced into it by what cummings said so they are releasing this...gives him an excuse to sack the person for getting up close and personal with someone when we were not allowed when said person agreed that Ferguson should be sacked for doing the same thing

Yep

If they got rid of him now Cummings can say I told you so,so they get Murdoch to set him up.

It's so transparent "

Interesting theory but I’m more annoyed that the tabloids have kept hold of this photo until an opportune moment (in order to maximise sales)! Yet another example of irresponsible tabloid reporting… Yes, so they’ve exposed another Tory love rat but why wait until now?! For their own selfish benefit.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

any other party.

itsike when people say, Better the devil you know.

i say, if you know they are a devil, avoid.

get those clowns out of there forever.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

And you’ll probably think when life eventually returns to normal, it has nothing to do with the millions who took the vaccine for the good of the country.

oldham

any other party.

get those clowns out of there forever."

Agreed,, but what's the current alternative?

Brighton

And you’ll probably think when life eventually returns to normal, it has nothing to do with the millions who took the vaccine for the good of the country.

"

99% of people who took the vaccine have done so for the good of themselves not the country. If there was no benefit (or even a disbenefit) to themselves, then that represents an altruistic act. Otherwise no! This was driven by self.

By *J swingCouple  over a year ago

toy town

Didn't matter wankcock say on gmtv on Monday the vaccine is a trial ?

It's one rule for him and one for the rest

By *lay 4 uMan  over a year ago

bolton

very true beginning to wonder if some people don't want lockdown to end because that's were the gravy train hits the buffer's

The South

id have taken Mr Blobby over the conservatives"

Unfortunately for you, he didn't run for election.

E

Brighton

This one really sums it up nicely...

“The “private matter” line might have worked once. But, leaving aside the fact she had a tax payer funded role, the state has dictated every aspect of our private lives in the past year. Who we meet, hug, kiss, how relationships can be conducted, how we say goodbye to loved ones.”

It's very simple. It's not Hancock. It's Wank Cock. Every mologiarch needs a victim.

Meanwhile, I feel sorry for the intern with poor tastes.

Brighton

It's very simple. It's not Hancock. It's Wank Cock. Every mologiarch needs a victim.

Meanwhile, I feel sorry for the intern with poor tastes."

Not an intern. Hancock’s “friend from university” given a job (without competition) paid for by tax payer.

By *nly DickCouple (MM)  over a year ago

chichester

Motherwell

99% of people who took the vaccine have done so for the good of themselves not the country. If there was no benefit (or even a disbenefit) to themselves, then that represents an altruistic act. Otherwise no! This was driven by self."

i genuinely believe most took it to see their family, friends and go on holiday.

Motherwell

any other party.

get those clowns out of there forever.

Agreed,, but what's the current alternative? "

anyone.

Greens,ib dem, even just as aprotest vote.

pointless voting Liebour, the red tories.

But please England get rid of these monsters.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

" I thought most people were testing twice a week minimum anyway "

...seriously???

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

99% of people who took the vaccine have done so for the good of themselves not the country. If there was no benefit (or even a disbenefit) to themselves, then that represents an altruistic act. Otherwise no! This was driven by self."

See ,I always find this interesting when people pick percentages out of thin air to reinforce their side of a debate. 99% eh? and where did that statistic come from? So your saying that 99% of the 65% of the population who have had at least one vaccine dose, did it purely for selfish reasons? I think most would say they did it for themselves and for the good of society.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

99% of people who took the vaccine have done so for the good of themselves not the country. If there was no benefit (or even a disbenefit) to themselves, then that represents an altruistic act. Otherwise no! This was driven by self.

See ,I always find this interesting when people pick percentages out of thin air to reinforce their side of a debate. 99% eh? and where did that statistic come from? So your saying that 99% of the 65% of the population who have had at least one vaccine dose, did it purely for selfish reasons? I think most would say they did it for themselves and for the good of society."

Brighton

See ,I always find this interesting when people pick percentages out of thin air to reinforce their side of a debate. 99% eh? and where did that statistic come from? So your saying that 99% of the 65% of the population who have had at least one vaccine dose, did it purely for selfish reasons? I think most would say they did it for themselves and for the good of society."

The whole “for the good of society” is totally spurious virtue signalling. There is no shame in admitting you had the vaccine to protect yourself. Totally sensible thing to do. But all this “I did it for the good of society” is twaddle.

You can only claim altruistic reasons if you are either taking part of one of the early stage trials OR if the vaccine was actually of zero benefit to yourself (which we all know it isn’t).

Not a dig at anyone specifically but I find that all so disingenuous as I strongly believe if they had said “this vaccine will cause some harm to you but if you have it, it will be good for society” take up would be much lower.

Brighton

Can’t vouch for this one yet but let’s see what comes out in the coming days...

“BREAKING: Matt Hancock's department gave a load of NHS contracts to a company run by the brother of the woman he was having an affair with.”

Motherwell

"Can’t vouch for this one yet but let’s see what comes out in the coming days...

“BREAKING: Matt Hancock's department gave a load of NHS contracts to a company run by the brother of the woman he was having an affair with.”"

how many dodgy deals does it take before the Tories stop getting voted in. theu know England will vote them in, so...time.to make a fortune.

once ousted, they reshuffle, make half jearted apologies pretend everything has changed and back in they go.

you all do realise the Tory party is one of the main reasosn so many Scots want indy

we are sick of these (insert expletive here)

Tin town

See ,I always find this interesting when people pick percentages out of thin air to reinforce their side of a debate. 99% eh? and where did that statistic come from? So your saying that 99% of the 65% of the population who have had at least one vaccine dose, did it purely for selfish reasons? I think most would say they did it for themselves and for the good of society.

The whole “for the good of society” is totally spurious virtue signalling. There is no shame in admitting you had the vaccine to protect yourself. Totally sensible thing to do. But all this “I did it for the good of society” is twaddle.

You can only claim altruistic reasons if you are either taking part of one of the early stage trials OR if the vaccine was actually of zero benefit to yourself (which we all know it isn’t).

Not a dig at anyone specifically but I find that all so disingenuous as I strongly believe if they had said “this vaccine will cause some harm to you but if you have it, it will be good for society” take up would be much lower.

"

So... There is no such thing as society...

"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."

Never had you down as a Thatcherite!

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

That is the advice yes. You would have thought by now that people would understand this."

Unfortunately not and the anti va ers voices are as shrill.as ever