FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Side effects...

Side effects...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Apologies for the long posting, but here's some extracts from the information leaflets of three types of medication. Would anybody take any of these? Identity of the different medications to be revealed after responses have been given.

MEDICATION A

Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)

- Headache.

- Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation, wind (flatulence).

- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).

- Benign polyps in the stomach.

Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)

- Swelling of the feet and ankles.

- Disturbed sleep (insomnia).

- Dizziness, tingling feelings such as “pins and needles”, feeling sleepy.

- Spinning feeling (vertigo).

- Changes in blood tests that check how the liver is working.

- Skin rash, lumpy rash (hives) and itchy skin.

- Generally feeling unwell and lacking energy.

Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)

- Blood problems such as a reduced number of white cells or platelets. This can cause weakness, bruising or make infections more likely.

- Allergic reactions, sometimes very severe, including swelling of the lips, tongue and throat, fever, wheezing.

- Low levels of sodium in the blood. This may cause weakness, being sick (vomiting) and cramps.

- Feeling agitated, confused or depressed.

- Taste changes.

- Eyesight problems such as blurred vision.

- Suddenly feeling wheezy or short of breath (bronchospasm).

- Dry mouth.

- An inflammation of the inside of the mouth.

- An infection called “thrush” which can affect the gut and is caused by a fungus.

- Liver problems, including jaundice which can cause yellow skin, dark urine, and tiredness.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Skin rash on exposure to sunshine.

- Joint pains (arthralgia) or muscle pains (myalgia).

- Severe kidney problems (interstitial nephritis).

- Increased sweating.

Very rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)

- Changes in blood count including agranulocytosis (lack of white blood cells).

- Aggression.

- Seeing, feeling or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations).

- Severe liver problems leading to liver failure and inflammation of the brain.

- Sudden onset of a severe rash or blistering or peeling skin. This may be associated with a high fever and joint pains (Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis).

- Muscle weakness.

- Enlarged breasts in men.

MEDICATION B

General: Adverse reactions (i.e., pruritus, fever, rash, myalgia, headache) occur commonly during the first 3 days after treatment and appear to be related to the extent of xxxx infection. The majority of reactions can usually be treated with aspirin, acetaminophen and/or antihistamines. Adverse effects tend to occur with lesser frequency during periods of retreatment.

Ocular: Ocular side effects have included eyelid edema, anterior uveitis, blurred vision, conjunctivitis, limbitis, punctate opacity, keratitis, abnormal sensation in the eyes, and chorioretinitis/choroiditis; however, these effects are also associated with the disease onchocerciasis. Loss of vision has occurred rarely but usually resolved without corticosteroid treatment. Conjunctival hemorrhage has been reported during postmarketing experience in patients treated for onchocerciasis.

Other: Worsening of Mazzotti reactions, including arthralgia, synovitis, lymph node enlargement and tenderness, pruritus, skin involvement (including edema, papular and pustular or frank urticarial rash), and fever, has been reported during the first 4 days following treatment for onchocerciasis.

Nervous system: Nervous system side effects have included dizziness, headache, somnolence, vertigo, and tremor. Serious or fatal encephalopathy has been reported rarely in patients with onchocerciases, and heavily infected with xxxx, either spontaneously or after treatment with xxxx. Seizures have been reported during postmarketing experience.

Gastrointestinal: Gastrointestinal side effects have included anorexia, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal distention.

Other: Other side effects have included asthenia, fatigue, abdominal pain, chest discomfort, facial edema, and peripheral edema.

Hematologic: Hematologic side effects have included decreased leukocyte count (3%), eosinophilia (3%), and increased hemoglobin (1%). Hematomatous swellings associated with prolonged prothrombin times have been reported, but the clinical significance is unknown. Leukopenia and anemia have been reported in at least one patient.

Hepatic: Hepatic side effects have included elevated ALT and/or AST. Elevated liver enzymes, elevated bilirubin, and hepatitis have been reported during postmarketing experience.

Cardiovascular: Cardiovascular side effects have included tachycardia and orthostatic hypotension. EKG changes, including prolonged PR interval, flattened T waves and peaked T waves, have been reported in single cases. Hypotension (primarily orthostatic hypotension) has been reported during postmarketing experience.

Dermatologic: Dermatologic side effects have included pruritus, rash, and urticaria. Toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson syndrome have been reported during postmarketing experience.

MEDICATION C

Very Common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)

- tenderness, pain, warmth, itching or bruising where the xxx is applied

- generally feeling unwell

- feeling tired (fatigue)

- chills or feeling feverish

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- joint pain or muscle ache

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)

- swelling, redness or a lump where the xxx is applied

- fever

- being sick (vomiting) or diarrhoea

- flu-like symptoms, such as high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, cough and chills

Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

- excessive sweating, itchy skin or rash

Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)

- severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)

In clinical trials there were very rare reports of events associated with inflammation of the nervous system, which may cause numbness, pins and needles, and/or loss of feeling. However, it is not confirmed whether these events were due to the medication.

Some people have reported a sudden feeling of cold with shivering/shaking accompanied by a rise in temperature, possibly with sweating, headache (including migraine-like headaches), nausea, muscle aches and feeling unwell, starting within a day of having the medication and usually lasting for a day or two.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Not sure what the medications are but probably something I have take quite regularly lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They do sound contentious as potential safe treatments for something or other. But we perhaps are all very open to taking them, as we see fit, without reading the warnings and about the side effects, perhaps as they are long forgotten about, if they were ever a concern - which I doubt they were for any of us.

I'm guessing that even those of us who want to avoid thrush, still pop these treatments.

Having had substantial volumes of medication, I'm open to pain killing and definitely treatments that relieve troublesome issues - especially if I can get and take them quickly, hoping to stop my experience of minor ailments. Risk of death etc, no problem

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

As a treatment for something ?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Presumably OP these are different vaccines? Your point is what exactly? I've taken various medicines for cancer treatment which no doubt have similar warnings. If I hadn't taken them I would be dead.

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

[Removed by poster at 09/06/21 16:55:11]

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

I take the pill.. enough said!

Stockport

Two of the three items are covid relevant, one is a distraction, all are real products, all information is taken from the manufacturers of the products. I want to know who will say yes they would certainly take that product, who would definitely not. All three products have been shown to be effective for the complaints that they are intended to treat.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know what medication B is and it's relevance, and I'd take it for its intended purpose if I needed to

Oh and I already take medication A occasionally

wigan

I wouldn’t take any of the products unless I needed to.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I think:

A = omeprazole or esomeprazole

B = ivermectin

C = the AZ vaccine

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

This is the problem with the anti vaxxers.

They cherry pick the information that best suits their agenda.

Clearly the op has shown just by a quick snapshot of only 3 medications/ vaccines that all have risk's involved in fact I'd go so far to say ( without doing a proper search) im Going to stick my neck on the line and say that every medication and vaccine available everywhere has probably killed at least one person at some point in time, it's all about volume isn't it

If medicine A is taken by 100 people and ten die then that's something that is a very high risk.

However medicine B is taken by 60plus million people and ten die then the risk is probably less than my chances of winning the lottery yet I still but a ticket, so I'm prepared to risk taking a drug with minimal risks.

Shit paracetamol is a really dangerous drug if taken incorrectly but it's probably one of the biggest selling drug's on the planet.

"This is the problem with the anti vaxxers.

Clearly the op has shown just by a quick snapshot of only 3 medications/ vaccines that all have risk's involved in fact I'd go so far to say ( without doing a proper search) im Going to stick my neck on the line and say that every medication and vaccine available everywhere has probably killed at least one person at some point in time, it's all about volume isn't it

If medicine A is taken by 100 people and ten die then that's something that is a very high risk.

However medicine B is taken by 60plus million people and ten die then the risk is probably less than my chances of winning the lottery yet I still but a ticket, so I'm prepared to risk taking a drug with minimal risks.

Shit paracetamol is a really dangerous drug if taken incorrectly but it's probably one of the biggest selling drug's on the planet."

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

All medication has I've ever had includes a list of possible side effects. You can't assume that you will be affected in one shape or form and bottom line is you are taking the medication to relieve certain conditions or symptoms. Anti vax people seem to want to spread doubt and unnecessary stress

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"All medication has I've ever had includes a list of possible side effects. You can't assume that you will be affected in one shape or form and bottom line is you are taking the medication to relieve certain conditions or symptoms. Anti vax people seem to want to spread doubt and unnecessary stress

"

And the irony is that most of them are spouting off about the fear mongering from the media and the government regards covid yet they are doing exactly the same with anti vax propaganda!

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"This is the problem with the anti vaxxers.

Shit paracetamol is a really dangerous drug if taken incorrectly but it's probably one of the biggest selling drug's on the planet."

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Apologies for the long posting, but here's some extracts from the information leaflets of three types of medication. Would anybody take any of these? Identity of the different medications to be revealed after responses have been given.

MEDICATION A

- Headache.

- Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation, wind (flatulence).

- Blood problems such as a reduced number of white cells or platelets. This can cause weakness, bruising or make infections more likely.

- Allergic reactions, sometimes very severe, including swelling of the lips, tongue and throat, fever, wheezing.

- Low levels of sodium in the blood. This may cause weakness, being sick (vomiting) and cramps.

- Taste changes.

- Dry mouth.

- An infection called “thrush” which can affect the gut and is caused by a fungus.

- Liver problems, including jaundice which can cause yellow skin, dark urine, and tiredness.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Increased sweating.

- Aggression.

- Sudden onset of a severe rash or blistering or peeling skin. This may be associated with a high fever and joint pains (Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis).

- Muscle weakness.

MEDICATION B

General: Adverse reactions (i.e., pruritus, fever, rash, myalgia, headache) occur commonly during the first 3 days after treatment and appear to be related to the extent of xxxx infection. The majority of reactions can usually be treated with aspirin, acetaminophen and/or antihistamines. Adverse effects tend to occur with lesser frequency during periods of retreatment.

Ocular: Ocular side effects have included eyelid edema, anterior uveitis, blurred vision, conjunctivitis, limbitis, punctate opacity, keratitis, abnormal sensation in the eyes, and chorioretinitis/choroiditis; however, these effects are also associated with the disease onchocerciasis. Loss of vision has occurred rarely but usually resolved without corticosteroid treatment. Conjunctival hemorrhage has been reported during postmarketing experience in patients treated for onchocerciasis.

Other: Worsening of Mazzotti reactions, including arthralgia, synovitis, lymph node enlargement and tenderness, pruritus, skin involvement (including edema, papular and pustular or frank urticarial rash), and fever, has been reported during the first 4 days following treatment for onchocerciasis.

Nervous system: Nervous system side effects have included dizziness, headache, somnolence, vertigo, and tremor. Serious or fatal encephalopathy has been reported rarely in patients with onchocerciases, and heavily infected with xxxx, either spontaneously or after treatment with xxxx. Seizures have been reported during postmarketing experience.

Gastrointestinal: Gastrointestinal side effects have included anorexia, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal distention.

Other: Other side effects have included asthenia, fatigue, abdominal pain, chest discomfort, facial edema, and peripheral edema.

Hematologic: Hematologic side effects have included decreased leukocyte count (3%), eosinophilia (3%), and increased hemoglobin (1%). Hematomatous swellings associated with prolonged prothrombin times have been reported, but the clinical significance is unknown. Leukopenia and anemia have been reported in at least one patient.

Hepatic: Hepatic side effects have included elevated ALT and/or AST. Elevated liver enzymes, elevated bilirubin, and hepatitis have been reported during postmarketing experience.

Cardiovascular: Cardiovascular side effects have included tachycardia and orthostatic hypotension. EKG changes, including prolonged PR interval, flattened T waves and peaked T waves, have been reported in single cases. Hypotension (primarily orthostatic hypotension) has been reported during postmarketing experience.

Dermatologic: Dermatologic side effects have included pruritus, rash, and urticaria. Toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson syndrome have been reported during postmarketing experience.

MEDICATION C

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- fever

- flu-like symptoms, such as high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, cough and chills

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

In clinical trials there were very rare reports of events associated with inflammation of the nervous system, which may cause numbness, pins and needles, and/or loss of feeling. However, it is not confirmed whether these events were due to the medication.

Some people have reported a sudden feeling of cold with shivering/shaking accompanied by a rise in temperature, possibly with sweating, headache (including migraine-like headaches), nausea, muscle aches and feeling unwell, starting within a day of having the medication and usually lasting for a day or two.

"

None of those concern me tbh..sure they could happen but benefit far outweighs that IMho

I mean there's probably a list as long of possible side effects from paracetamol, co codamol ( which so many people are hooked on as it is ) or even anti depressants which are given out like smarties or 'soma' these days

as I see it anyone who has popped a pill or sniffed a line of something off a toilet seat or cystern or dabbled in legal highs that are made by college kids with a few ideas and a need to make some money really can't start getting upset about the possible effects of something that is arguably going to be one of the most important discovery and development of most of our lives.

we should be past worrying about it now I think.

in the words of Nike ' just do it!'

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Apologies for the long posting, but here's some extracts from the information leaflets of three types of medication. Would anybody take any of these? Identity of the different medications to be revealed after responses have been given.

MEDICATION A

- Headache.

- Taste changes.

- Dry mouth.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Increased sweating.

- Aggression.

- Muscle weakness.

MEDICATION B

MEDICATION C

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- fever

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

None of those concern me tbh..sure they could happen but benefit far outweighs that IMho

I mean there's probably a list as long of possible side effects from paracetamol, co codamol ( which so many people are hooked on as it is ) or even anti depressants which are given out like smarties or 'soma' these days

as I see it anyone who has popped a pill or sniffed a line of something off a toilet seat or cystern or dabbled in legal highs that are made by college kids with a few ideas and a need to make some money really can't start getting upset about the possible effects of something that is arguably going to be one of the most important discovery and development of most of our lives.

in the words of Nike ' just do it!' "

Quick question ..... how long did it take you to type out this post

Stockport

If I was just to read the information leaflet my personal feelings would be:

A. This stuff sounds like it's no fun at all to take, might be unlikely to kill you but one in ten throwing up? And the stuff from vertigo through to kidney problems? Although in my case I suppose I might just hold out for the 1 in 10,000 that it could grow my boobs...

B. No chuffing way I'm touching that stuff! Most of the symptoms sound like one of those science fiction things where your body melts into a puddle of gloop, I guess they're all real but this is terrifying! The maker doesn't even own up to how often the various side effects occur, so if I was conspiracy oriented I'd reckon that there was some kind of cover up going on.

C. Well if I've got to take any of them, this one doesn't sound nearly as bad as the others. In fact the 1 in 100 decreased appetite could be a godsend for anybody trying to lose weight.

Sounds like some of my meds. What's your point?

Stockport

"Quick question ..... how long did it take you to type out this post "

Cut and paste from the actual information leaflets published online by the manufacturers. Small edit only to remove the names of the medications and obscure the reasons for taking them. All of the symptoms are exactly as stated.

I have actually received two out of the three treatments.

"Quick question ..... how long did it take you to type out this post

Cut and paste from the actual information leaflets published online by the manufacturers. Small edit only to remove the names of the medications and obscure the reasons for taking them. All of the symptoms are exactly as stated.

I have actually received two out of the three treatments."

Ohhh, I was going to applaud you on your effort typing this out, mainly because I wouldn't have the patience lol

wigan

MEDICATION A

- Headache.

- Taste changes.

- Dry mouth.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Increased sweating.

- Aggression.

- Muscle weakness.

MEDICATION B

MEDICATION C

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- fever

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

in the words of Nike ' just do it!' "

Haven’t ‘popped a pill’ haven’t sniffed a line off a toilet seat or other receptacle… or dabbled in legal highs…. Am I ok to choose, as I did with all of those, not to just now? … as I’m not sure. I’d rather not just do it!

stafford

[Removed by poster at 09/06/21 23:24:49]

stafford

MEDICATION A

- Headache.

- Taste changes.

- Dry mouth.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Increased sweating.

- Aggression.

- Muscle weakness.

MEDICATION B

MEDICATION C

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- fever

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

Haven’t ‘popped a pill’ haven’t sniffed a line off a toilet seat or other receptacle… or dabbled in legal highs…. Am I ok to choose, as I did with all of those, not to just now? … as I’m not sure. I’d rather not just do it! "

fairly sheltered life then! but no..I stand by my comment everyone needs to just get on with it now..its becoming tiresome frankly..I'd like to be able to move on now thanks

North West

"

Haven’t ‘popped a pill’ haven’t sniffed a line off a toilet seat or other receptacle… or dabbled in legal highs…. Am I ok to choose, as I did with all of those, not to just now? … as I’m not sure. I’d rather not just do it!

fairly sheltered life then! but no..I stand by my comment everyone needs to just get on with it now..its becoming tiresome frankly..I'd like to be able to move on now thanks"

I've not taken drugs (other than prescription ones/OTC paracetamol etc) and I've also never tried smoking of any type. That's completely irrelevant though. Polly's post was intended to demonstrate how people make judgements of risk around taking medication.....

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

The medication has been around a lot longer then the vaccine though so I do not think it is relevant

wigan

MEDICATION A

- Headache.

- Taste changes.

- Dry mouth.

- Hair loss (alopecia).

- Increased sweating.

- Aggression.

- Muscle weakness.

MEDICATION B

MEDICATION C

- headache

- feeling sick (nausea)

- fever

- feeling dizzy

- decreased appetite

- abdominal pain

- enlarged lymph nodes

fairly sheltered life then! but no..I stand by my comment everyone needs to just get on with it now..its becoming tiresome frankly..I'd like to be able to move on now thanks"

Yes of course very sheltered …. I’ll stand by .. don’t tell me that I need to get on with it! I’m one of the everyone’s. And help yourself to moving on!

I’m surprised though that someone as concerned for their own health was popping pills, snorting shite off a piss covered floor or the more modern? Legal highs! So because you don’t mind when the above all fit with you…. I should follow your lead?

North West

"The medication has been around a lot longer then the vaccine though so I do not think it is relevant"

One of the medications in Polly's list is being suggested at massively higher doses than recommended, with zero evidence for Covid. One of the medications is available now over the counter in chemists, despite actually being very harmful if taken for long periods or in excess amounts.

Both are potentially very harmful.

Stockport

"The medication has been around a lot longer then the vaccine though so I do not think it is relevant

One of the medications in Polly's list is being suggested at massively higher doses than recommended, with zero evidence for Covid. One of the medications is available now over the counter in chemists, despite actually being very harmful if taken for long periods or in excess amounts.

Both are potentially very harmful."

And the least harmful one is something that people have been posting totally crazy stuff about on social media.

wigan

"The medication has been around a lot longer then the vaccine though so I do not think it is relevant

Both are potentially very harmful.

And the least harmful one is something that people have been posting totally crazy stuff about on social media."

How do you decide which is least harmful?

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I just wanna see if kinky couple above has identified them all like a quiz show lol

North West

"I just wanna see if kinky couple above has identified them all like a quiz show lol"

My answers have been marked by the OP via PM. I am sworn to secrecy for now

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

One and three sound fine, two sounds dodgy as fuck.

» Add a new message to this topic