FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Genetic twins and virus/vaccine response

Genetic twins and virus/vaccine response

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *offee and Kinks OP   Couple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby

I was wondering about this while standing in the queue to get my second jab.

If all other things were equal, I wonder if they would have the same response to the virus or a vaccine?

In reality, they would/could have been exposed to different things throughout their lives, so could have different immune systems or responses.

Just a random thought

Stag

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was wondering about this while standing in the queue to get my second jab.

If all other things were equal, I wonder if they would have the same response to the virus or a vaccine?

In reality, they would/could have been exposed to different things throughout their lives, so could have different immune systems or responses.

Just a random thought

Stag"

I the Mr am an identical twin and our immune systems are completely different.

When we were younger I would catch stuff and he wouldn't.

It was the same the other way.

He would catch something and I wouldn't

Everybody's body is unique.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Immunity is only partly genetic. A lot is what one is exposed to in the environment, and even if twins share the same environment, they don't both ingest the same load of viruses, bacteria, fungi etc and so divergence occurs.

"Immunity is only partly genetic. A lot is what one is exposed to in the environment, and even if twins share the same environment, they don't both ingest the same load of viruses, bacteria, fungi etc and so divergence occurs."

That makes sense.

"I was wondering about this while standing in the queue to get my second jab.

Just a random thought

Stag"

This is an excellent question. With my analytical and statistical background I look forward to reading responses. Some good knowledge and data to be learnt here.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I know a pair of twins who self-enrolled on a study some decades ago. Part of the study was to assess for immunological similarities. Nothing of relevance was found. Of course, that's a very small sample set.

» Add a new message to this topic