Figures released today re. Delta varient

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Figures released today on the daily update on the BBC news app -

74 deaths from Delta varient upto 14th June:

34 unvaccinated

10 more than 3 weeks after 1st jab

26 more than 14 days after 2nd jab

How can people explain these figures away and still say the vaccine is doing a great job?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Figures released today on the daily update on the BBC news app -

34 unvaccinated

How can people explain these figures away and still say the vaccine is doing a great job?"

Someone needs to ask if there are signs of antibody dependent enhancement.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

34 unvaccinated

How can people explain these figures away and still say the vaccine is doing a great job?"

These figures are easy to measure, but deaths prevented is not. I suspect this figure could be 10x that if no one was vaccinated.

Just like the flu vaccine, they sadly are not 100% effective.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

34 unvaccinated

Not looked carefully at the data. But totally only 35% of the adult population are unvaccinated they make up about 50% deaths. The vaccinated population are the older and more vulnerable who previously made up more than 90% of the deaths. I would say the figures show the vaccine is pretty successful

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

But what other conditions did they have?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Oh for crying out loud.

Once again the vaccine isn't a cure it's there to reduce the symptoms and if possible reduce hospitalised patients and possibly deaths.

But it's a variant you said it in your post, unfortunately the vaccine isn't going to save everyone but it's going to save a hell of a lot more than if no vaccine available.

People still die from the flu even though they are vaccinated it just is what it is sadly.

It takes years to eradicate a virus from the population once vaccine is administered, sometimes never.

...Up on the Downs

34 unvaccinated

How can people explain these figures away and still say the vaccine is doing a great job?

These figures are easy to measure, but deaths prevented is not. I suspect this figure could be 10x that if no one was vaccinated.

"

Surely the unvaccinated are your control group?

Durham

34 unvaccinated

Surely the unvaccinated are your control group?"

No as i mentioned the unvaccinated are younger and in the none vulnerable group so not a true control group. Previously this group made up a tiny percentage of deaths.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

34 unvaccinated

Someone needs to ask if there are signs of antibody dependent enhancement."

Very much this. I honestly pray this will not occur when the vaccinated are exposed to the wild virus. I'm not very hopeful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

34 unvaccinated

74 deaths as opposed to 5,000 deaths per day is a great result. Sadly not for the people and their families. Why are people so hell bent on saying the vaccine doesn't work. Where would we be without it I wonder. How about you embrace it and welcome it so at least we can have a normal life instead of constantly running it into the ground.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

34 unvaccinated

74 deaths as opposed to 5,000 deaths per day is a great result. Sadly not for the people and their families. Why are people so hell bent on saying the vaccine doesn't work. Where would we be without it I wonder. How about you embrace it and welcome it so at least we can have a normal life instead of constantly running it into the ground."

5000 per day?? When and where was this??

Are we not allowed to question it at least?

Totally agree ,people die of flu every year but there’s nobody saying let’s have a lockdown we need to get back to normal

34 unvaccinated

74 deaths as opposed to 5,000 deaths per day is a great result. Sadly not for the people and their families. Why are people so hell bent on saying the vaccine doesn't work. Where would we be without it I wonder. How about you embrace it and welcome it so at least we can have a normal life instead of constantly running it into the ground.

Are we not allowed to question it at least? "

It was just a figure sorry no data oooh did I do wrong. In the past it has been that. Of course you can do what you like but the fact is figures have gone down. Hospitalisation has gone down. Cases have gone down. Is that not a positive

34 unvaccinated

Are we not allowed to question it at least? "

Just about to say this. There haven't even been 5,000 a day in hospital with the Delta Variant

34 unvaccinated

Just about to say this. There haven't even been 5,000 a day in hospital with the Delta Variant "

I wasnt talking about the delta variant I was just saying in the past before this.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

34 unvaccinated

It was just a figure sorry no data oooh did I do wrong. In the past it has been that. Of course you can do what you like but the fact is figures have gone down. Hospitalisation has gone down. Cases have gone down. Is that not a positive"

Just a figure? Maybe you could get a job with Sage making up numbers like that…

"

Someone needs to ask if there are signs of antibody dependent enhancement."

Why bother? You will never be satisfied with the an answer showing no ADE. Impossible to prove a negative.

34 unvaccinated

It was just a figure sorry no data oooh did I do wrong. In the past it has been that. Of course you can do what you like but the fact is figures have gone down. Hospitalisation has gone down. Cases have gone down. Is that not a positive

Just a figure? Maybe you could get a job with Sage making up numbers like that… "

34 unvaccinated

Just a figure? Maybe you could get a job with Sage making up numbers like that… "

Oh be quiet.

[Removed by poster at 18/06/21 19:52:31]

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

34 unvaccinated

Aren’t people bored of arguing about this shit? Stop rifling g through the numbers and cherry picking what works for you. A minority of people won’t take the vaccine. Fine. We get it. Most of the country will. You aren’t going to make a single bit of difference.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

34 unvaccinated

Just a figure? Maybe you could get a job with Sage making up numbers like that…

Oh be quiet. "

Why? For calling out your BS? It would appear that the worst day was 1820 which whilst horrific is only 36% of your number

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

74 deaths from Delta varient up to 14th June:

34 unvaccinated

So if I understand these figures properly, more vaccinated people than unvaccinated people died.

If this is proportional to the amount of people who are vaccinated/unvaccinated it suggests to me the proportions are the same, whether people are vaccinated or not they are still catching and dying of the delta varient at the same percentage.

This is without taking anything else into consideration.

Maybe I'm not understanding the figures properly though.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

this does make me wonder why I am worrying about needing the jab even know I probably shouldn’t have it. Does it even work now?

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

34 unvaccinated

Surely the unvaccinated are your control group?

No as i mentioned the unvaccinated are younger and in the none vulnerable group so not a true control group. Previously this group made up a tiny percentage of deaths."

This sums it up. Always a concern when numbers increase though whichever group they fall into.x a true measure will only be attainable when all groups are double jabbed

...Up on the Downs

"

Why bother? You will never be satisfied with the an answer showing no ADE. Impossible to prove a negative. "

It's not a question of being satisfied, it's a question of establishing the truth.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

80.6% of the population have now been vaccinated...

You have to ask yourself how much higher would this number of deaths be without the vaccination.

Well 80.6 % have had their first dose is what I should have said x

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

So here is the very important bit that the OP decided not to post.

'A total of 806 people in England have been admitted to hospital with the Delta variant as of June 14, a rise of 423 on the previous week, according to new figures from Public Health England.

Of the 806, 527 (65%) were unvaccinated, 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine, and 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.'

So getting your vaccinations clearly works and after your second jab you are in the 10% bracket of being admitted to hospital.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So here is the very important bit that the OP decided not to post.

'A total of 806 people in England have been admitted to hospital with the Delta variant as of June 14, a rise of 423 on the previous week, according to new figures from Public Health England.

Of the 806, 527 (65%) were unvaccinated, 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine, and 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.'

So getting your vaccinations clearly works and after your second jab you are in the 10% bracket of being admitted to hospital.

"

There's also no data on the 10% double jabbed. The likelihood is that they were elderly or had underlying medical problems.

Sadly, no vaccination provides 100% protection against infection.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

34 unvaccinated

Looks to me as if there are more died who are unvaccinated than those vaccinated. Also for the vaccinated deaths, I'd like to know how long exactly from being vaccinated until death. Given that nobody drops dead the same day that they catch covid, anyone dying only 14 days after 2nd jab must have actually contracted the disease before the second jab. The only true comparison would be unvaccinated deaths versus deaths who didn't contract covid until more than 14 days after 2nd jab, ie. deaths of people who tested negative for at least 14 days after 2nd jab, and then only subsequently caught the disease.

In any case NOBODY is claiming that any of the vaccines give 100% assurance of not dying from covid. The claim is that the vaccines on average give more than no protection. 26 double vaxxed deaths is less than 34 unvaxxed deaths, and an unknown number of the 26 could well have been people who contracted the disease before vaccination.

Conclusion: Unvaccinated are more likely to die than vaccinated.

FROM the alleged delta variant or WITH the alleged delta variant ? It’s a huge difference, did they mention age, sex, co morbidly underlying health conditions, or did they just spew out the government narrative ? Did they mention the mortality rate for this year is lower than 2018 when the beast from the east was here ? Of course they didn’t, they just want to peddle fear porn so they can keep you locked down for the rest of your life.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"So here is the very important bit that the OP decided not to post.

"

Being in the 10% is the maximum if you factor in your chances of being hospitalised prior to the delta variant.

"FROM the alleged delta variant or WITH the alleged delta variant ? It’s a huge difference, did they mention age, sex, co morbidly underlying health conditions, or did they just spew out the government narrative ? Did they mention the mortality rate for this year is lower than 2018 when the beast from the east was here ? Of course they didn’t, they just want to peddle fear porn so they can keep you locked down for the rest of your life. "
I don't think anyone in the government wants to keep us locked up..and to be fair it isn't really like we have ever actually been properly in lockdown.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Please remember that 1% of the population die every year. It is therefore inevitable that people who are vaccinated will die. Given that older people have been vaccinated first, it stands to reason more of them will die. Anti-vaxxers will grab at anything, except the facts

...Up on the Downs

"Please remember that 1% of the population die every year. It is therefore inevitable that people who are vaccinated will die. Given that older people have been vaccinated first, it stands to reason more of them will die. Anti-vaxxers will grab at anything, except the facts "

I was thinking the same of all you true believers - ANYTHING is more acceptable than an uncomfortable truth, no matter how absurd it needs to be lol! The cognitive dissonance alone must give you a headache!!

34 unvaccinated

34+10+26=70

What happened to the other 4?

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

34 unvaccinated

Very much this. I honestly pray this will not occur when the vaccinated are exposed to the wild virus. I'm not very hopeful "

Being a glass half full type I try to look on the bright side. I do wonder what agenda O.P. has stating the obvious in such a negative way and am so pleased others have piled in to point out the positive aspects and flaws in O.P.

Chudleigh

"Please remember that 1% of the population die every year. It is therefore inevitable that people who are vaccinated will die. Given that older people have been vaccinated first, it stands to reason more of them will die. Anti-vaxxers will grab at anything, except the facts

I was thinking the same of all you true believers - ANYTHING is more acceptable than an uncomfortable truth, no matter how absurd it needs to be lol! The cognitive dissonance alone must give you a headache!! "

But you don’t disagree with the facts?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

34 unvaccinated

I think it’s interesting that you concentrated on the death figures… because there was also another set of figures released today as well… the hospitalisation figures!

So…let’s run thru them

of the 809 people admitted into hospital this week….

467 were unvaccinated….

249 had 1 jab (plus 21 days)…..

83 had 2 jabs (plus 14 days)…..

Conclusion…..

So it’s better to have 1 jab rather than none…

And it’s better to have 2 jabs rather than 1…

And if you are ill enough to be admitted to hospital… at that point you are likely in real bad shape … and it’s really a crapshoot!

...Up on the Downs

"Please remember that 1% of the population die every year. It is therefore inevitable that people who are vaccinated will die. Given that older people have been vaccinated first, it stands to reason more of them will die. Anti-vaxxers will grab at anything, except the facts

I was thinking the same of all you true believers - ANYTHING is more acceptable than an uncomfortable truth, no matter how absurd it needs to be lol! The cognitive dissonance alone must give you a headache!!

But you don’t disagree with the facts? "

Its mostly biased, distorted opinion - one sided interpretation of facts at best, akin to unquestioning blind faith in many cases.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Totally agree ,people die of flu every year but there’s nobody saying let’s have a lockdown we need to get back to normal "

20,000 typically without lockdowns.

Covid, with lockdown that specifically aim to protect the vulnerable, over 100k.

When will you lot realise that covid is significantly more transmissible than the flu and therefore, even if death rate similar to flu, will kill many more people.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

34 unvaccinated

I think it’s interesting that you concentrated on the death figures… because there was also another set of figures released today as well… the hospitalisation figures!

So…let’s run thru them

467 were unvaccinated….

Conclusion…..

And if you are ill enough to be admitted to hospital… at that point you are likely in real bad shape … and it’s really a crapshoot!"

you've missed the most important point. Those that are double vaccinated are 50/60+ or vulnerable. So, to get these numbers as low as you state is a fantastic achievement.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

34 unvaccinated

So…let’s run thru them

467 were unvaccinated….

Conclusion…..

And if you are ill enough to be admitted to hospital… at that point you are likely in real bad shape … and it’s really a crapshoot!

you've missed the most important point. Those that are double vaccinated are 50/60+ or vulnerable. So, to get these numbers as low as you state is a fantastic achievement. "

And it also shows up a fundamental misunderstanding by the OP, whether that be ignorance at best or deliberate misrepresentation at worse, of what the vaccine is supposed to do…..

They never claimed it prevented death… that is a secondary offshoot

They never claimed it prevented spread… although again as a secondary offshoot it appears it makes transmission between people harder

What it does is mitigate the seriousness of the consequences of getting covid… it is designed to keep you well enough so you can ride it out at home rather than you having to be admitted to a hospital

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK has 2 tactics to reduce the impact of the virus on society - restrictions or medicines, including vaccines. You have to decide what you want to endure or enjoy. The vaccines have been given as over 2 billion doses now and are relatively safe and effective. Their use on hundreds of thousands of people in trials shows their effectiveness. Newer variants may distort things somewhat but the UK would be back as 1 of the worst in the world, without them. People against then are better fully reading all of the research evidence, than cherry picked bits of misinterpreted information and posts from social media etc.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

34 unvaccinated

34+10+26=70

What happened to the other 4?"

4 people died either within 3 weeks of the 1st jab or within 2 weeks of the 2nd jab

Chudleigh

But you don’t disagree with the facts?

Its mostly biased, distorted opinion - one sided interpretation of facts at best, akin to unquestioning blind faith in many cases. "

Have a look at Fabio’s post. Facts are there to be seen. It might help if you shared yours, opinions are not the same thing.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

34 unvaccinated

Just about to say this. There haven't even been 5,000 a day in hospital with the Delta Variant "

Is that another Neil Furguson figure?

34 unvaccinated

why are people still believing all this bullshit that they are gettin fed

34 unvaccinated

74 deaths as opposed to 5,000 deaths per day is a great result. Sadly not for the people and their families. Why are people so hell bent on saying the vaccine doesn't work. Where would we be without it I wonder. How about you embrace it and welcome it so at least we can have a normal life instead of constantly running it into the ground."

I bet we would be in exactly the same place

Durham

34 unvaccinated

74 deaths as opposed to 5,000 deaths per day is a great result. Sadly not for the people and their families. Why are people so hell bent on saying the vaccine doesn't work. Where would we be without it I wonder. How about you embrace it and welcome it so at least we can have a normal life instead of constantly running it into the ground.I bet we would be in exactly the same place "

You mean where covid mainly hits younger people and very few older people get sick. I doubt that would be the case without vaccinations.

"I wasn't talking about the delta variant I was just saying in the past before this. "

The most deaths in a single day in the UK was 1305. In January 2021. Maximum in the first wave was 1075.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I wasn't talking about the delta variant I was just saying in the past before this.

The most deaths in a single day in the UK was 1305. In January 2021. Maximum in the first wave was 1075."

Actually 1610 on 19th Jan, according to the graph I found.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"I wasn't talking about the delta variant I was just saying in the past before this.

The most deaths in a single day in the UK was 1305. In January 2021. Maximum in the first wave was 1075.

Actually 1610 on 19th Jan, according to the graph I found."

I remember that as I member saying to a family member that it was like having the popular in of the village I live in being wiped out daily

I suppose it depends if you use date of death or date of report.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

34 unvaccinated

Aren’t people bored of arguing about this shit? Stop rifling g through the numbers and cherry picking what works for you. A minority of people won’t take the vaccine. Fine. We get it. Most of the country will. You aren’t going to make a single bit of difference."

exactly... Covid bores take it to another website

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

34 unvaccinated

Aren’t people bored of arguing about this shit? Stop rifling g through the numbers and cherry picking what works for you. A minority of people won’t take the vaccine. Fine. We get it. Most of the country will. You aren’t going to make a single bit of difference.

exactly... Covid bores take it to another website "

Surely this being the virus board of the forum this is infact the correct place for these threads rather than them spreading through the other boards, if you don't like to read the posts then just stick to the numerous other boards that don't have any covid related threads?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

34 unvaccinated

So…let’s run thru them

467 were unvaccinated….

Conclusion…..

you've missed the most important point. Those that are double vaccinated are 50/60+ or vulnerable. So, to get these numbers as low as you state is a fantastic achievement.

And it also shows up a fundamental misunderstanding by the OP, whether that be ignorance at best or deliberate misrepresentation at worse, of what the vaccine is supposed to do…..

They never claimed it prevented death… that is a secondary offshoot

They never claimed it prevented spread… although again as a secondary offshoot it appears it makes transmission between people harder

What it does is mitigate the seriousness of the consequences of getting covid… it is designed to keep you well enough so you can ride it out at home rather than you having to be admitted to a hospital "

You'd think with all the 'research' the anti vaxxers do, they'd know what a vaccine does by now.

34 unvaccinated

Oh for goodness sake. Please learn to understand and interpret data.

By *un_couple8178Couple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

I know this is a bit left field and nobody is allowed to say this but maybe just maybe the majority of those deaths are from people who died with the virus as opposed to of it! In those figures does it mention how many had a terminal illness?

People are now so wrapped up in how many people are dying who have been vaccinated that they are risking to ask very relevant questions.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"I know this is a bit left field and nobody is allowed to say this but maybe just maybe the majority of those deaths are from people who died with the virus as opposed to of it! In those figures does it mention how many had a terminal illness?

People are now so wrapped up in how many people are dying who have been vaccinated that they are risking to ask very relevant questions. "

Actually the ONS figures do say this …

Of the 152,397 deaths (13/03/2020 - 04/06/2021)

Covid is mentioned, so it was likely contributory towards the death.

During that same period deaths over and above the average were 115,449.

Non Covid deaths are below the usual average for the period.

According to todays newspapers PHE data seems to show that the efficy of the vaccines is higher against the Delta variant than it was against the Alpha variant.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I know this is a bit left field and nobody is allowed to say this but maybe just maybe the majority of those deaths are from people who died with the virus as opposed to of it! In those figures does it mention how many had a terminal illness?

People are now so wrapped up in how many people are dying who have been vaccinated that they are risking to ask very relevant questions.

Actually the ONS figures do say this …

Of the 152,397 deaths (13/03/2020 - 04/06/2021)

Covid is mentioned, so it was likely contributory towards the death.

During that same period deaths over and above the average were 115,449.

Non Covid deaths are below the usual average for the period."

To be fair, it makes sense that a reduction in travel, a reduction in public drinking, and restrictions which would reduce the transmission of communicable diseases SHOULD reduce deaths in many other ways. I would imagine that if the virus hadn't been deadly then the number of deaths overall would be hugely reduced.

Contrary to popular belief, the only people who have Covid mentioned on their death certificates are Those where the virus was either the main factor in their death, or where it was a contributing factor that lead to a pre-existing condition becoming fatal.

Cal

People are now so wrapped up in how many people are dying who have been vaccinated that they are risking to ask very relevant questions. "

Nobody dies *of* the virus, they die with the virus but from the problems the virus causes, or the body causes because it drastically over-reacts to the infection.

The latest news is that people who have been infected with the virus may have had long-term damage caused to their brain, mainly in young people.

Nobody dies *of* the virus, they die with the virus but from the problems the virus causes, or the body causes because it drastically over-reacts to the infection.

The latest news is that people who have been infected with the virus may have

had long-term damage caused to their brain, mainly in young people. "

Some people. I hate that people on both sides of the debate “argument “ overstate statistics.

Actually 1610 on 19th Jan, according to the graph I found."

They vary quite a bit....the highest, at the moment, is 1820 on 20/01/21. Govt covid data. The 1305 seems to have gone...sigh..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Actually 1610 on 19th Jan, according to the graph I found.

They vary quite a bit....the highest, at the moment, is 1820 on 20/01/21. Govt covid data. The 1305 seems to have gone...sigh.."

The numbers can be revised if things like inquests/PMs take place or death registration is delayed for any other reason.

» Add a new message to this topic