FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why is it ok for football but the rest of life is put on hold?

Why is it ok for football but the rest of life is put on hold?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The Champions League final could have been held at Wembley but the FA said no to Uefa as they wanted sponsors etc and dignitaries to come and go and there's talk of similar as the final for the Euros is also scheduled at Wembley..

If they hold the same stance it's off to Budapest or somewhere, trouble being they the FA and the government want to bid for tournaments so it's a bit of a decision for them..

Can totally relate to the need for quarantine etc but politics might trump it..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please "

No… that is what uefa wants… the government hasn’t decided whether to yet…

The games at Wembley have been designated as tests events which is why they are allowed to be a quarter full, and everyone who attended will have to show a negative pcr tests within the last 24 hrs…

If the uk government says no… and there is going to be a lot of pressure to because of the reason you said… watch for uefa to take the semi and final away from Wembley and give it to Budapest (the only venue with no restrictions)

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please

The games at Wembley have been designated as tests events which is why they are allowed to be a quarter full, and everyone who attended will have to show a negative pcr tests within the last 24 hrs…

If the uk government says no… and there is going to be a lot of pressure to because of the reason you said… watch for uefa to take the semi and final away from Wembley and give it to Budapest (the only venue with no restrictions)

"

Where is your line on this? Make no concessions for UEFA and gain the ‘respect’ (limited and brief) of the public or feel the country benefits more from the kudos of hosting the semi and finals?

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

Simple, football is the crack coccaine of the masses so gets to do what it wants

Take test to go to a football match, why not then be allowed to take a test to go to a wedding and have a dance floor

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

its all to do with big money

if uk refuses then the clubs say no to euro football which is money to the big clubs here

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please "

#Money, money, money, honey, honey it's a a rich man world.

Money talks bullshit walks.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please

Where is your line on this? Make no concessions for UEFA and gain the ‘respect’ (limited and brief) of the public or feel the country benefits more from the kudos of hosting the semi and finals?"

I am of the belief that everyone owns a television… and 20 million managed to watch it last night! So if uefa take it away it will be on bbc or itv.. or likely both!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"its all to do with big money

if uk refuses then the clubs say no to euro football which is money to the big clubs here"

It’s uefa that makes the money from the tournament… the fa gets prize money the further they go… the clubs get nothing

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the government will possibly be conceding to UEFA because they may take the games elsewhere if we dont do as they ask?

But at the same time peoples lives and one time only events are put on hold?

Seems a bit daft to me….

in Lancashire

"So the government will possibly be conceding to UEFA because they may take the games elsewhere if we dont do as they ask?

Seems a bit daft to me…."

Not if they are consistent as regards the CL final..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So the government will possibly be conceding to UEFA because they may take the games elsewhere if we dont do as they ask?

Hang on a minute. We have already heard from the PM that as much as he wants Wembley to host the final he won't put people's lives at risk. Let's just wait and see what happens

"its all to do with big money

if uk refuses then the clubs say no to euro football which is money to the big clubs here"

It's a national team tournament not a club tournament totally unconnected.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I’m amazed that people are pissing their pants to go back to work, yet over 10,000 Scottish fans have travelled to London, drinking, causing trouble, making a general mess and the police do fook all, add to that some women protesting in a park about a pervert police officer murdering a woman and the police kick the shit out of them.

You couldn’t make this madness up !

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 19/06/21 15:26:12]

liverpool

It's all about money

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

It’s not though Lionel.how many times do you have to be told

It's nice to see the stadium full again for the Hungarian game.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Not just football though is it.

There's 10000 people at donnington right now enjoying a festival.

Just chill.

"Not just football though is it.

There's 10000 people at donnington right now enjoying a festival.

Just chill. "

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

If its all about money and they're thinking about allowing 2'500 officials and Vip's here with out any quarantine etc. We may as well open the whole economy back up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was in the hospitality industry and hadn't had any income for over a year and this happened.

"If its all about money and they're thinking about allowing 2'500 officials and Vip's here with out any quarantine etc. We may as well open the whole economy back up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was in the hospitality industry and hadn't had any income for over a year and this happened. "

So you are saying we should of pulled out of the competition?

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Money

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The FA are going for a joint Home Nations World Cup bid in 2030, and the Goverment is loathe to upset UEFA because of this.

Puts the Government in an unfortunate place, and they are thinking of offering a 2500 UEFA delegation bubble.

"It's nice to see the stadium full again for the Hungarian game."

Wouldn't believe that there is a still a pandemic!

liverpool

"It’s not though Lionel.how many times do you have to be told "

Do enlighten me

By *berdeenBiGuy1968Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Chip on both shoulders

"It's nice to see the stadium full again for the Hungarian game.

Wouldn't believe that there is a still a pandemic!"

Hungary currently has 3064 covid deaths per miillion, second worst in the world!

They've obviously decided to crack on with life.

90% of the population have been vaccinated.

They need an immunity card to get In the stadium.

Either had the virus or had the vaccine.

Hungary currently has 3064 covid deaths per miillion, second worst in the world!

They've obviously decided to crack on with life. "

Either had the virus or had the vaccine

Either had the virus or had the vaccine.

They've obviously decided to crack on with life.

Either had the virus or had the vaccine"

Good for them

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Given that we've just spent five years with a "majority" saying they want Europe to stuff off and they want all the foreigners out of the country, and have a government that got elected only on the basis of cutting all ties with Europe, then we should not even be considering hosting European football matches and bringing thousands of potential new infection sources in.

"Because it's football" is no excuse.

"Given that we've just spent five years with a "majority" saying they want Europe to stuff off and they want all the foreigners out of the country, and have a government that got elected only on the basis of cutting all ties with Europe, then we should not even be considering hosting European football matches and bringing thousands of potential new infection sources in.

"Because it's football" is no excuse. "

What has the EU got to do with European football.

We are part of the European continental.

What a stupid thing to say lol

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"If its all about money and they're thinking about allowing 2'500 officials and Vip's here with out any quarantine etc. We may as well open the whole economy back up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was in the hospitality industry and hadn't had any income for over a year and this happened.

So you are saying we should of pulled out of the competition?"

No I'm saying the same rules should apply to football officials and the rest of us.

If they chose to move the games to Hungary, that's fine. After everything we've all been through during the last 15 months, why should these Vip's and officials not have to follow the same rules?

"If its all about money and they're thinking about allowing 2'500 officials and Vip's here with out any quarantine etc. We may as well open the whole economy back up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was in the hospitality industry and hadn't had any income for over a year and this happened.

So you are saying we should of pulled out of the competition?

No I'm saying the same rules should apply to football officials and the rest of us.

If they chose to move the games to Hungary, that's fine. After everything we've all been through during the last 15 months, why should these Vip's and officials not have to follow the same rules?

"

The games are all over europe

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Countries playing in the Euro include some in the Red list, which requires expensive hotel quarantine, for at least 10 days. There is discussion of fans etc coming here, which is poor form, imo. If we have rules, they should be equal for all.

"Countries playing in the Euro include some in the Red list, which requires expensive hotel quarantine, for at least 10 days. There is discussion of fans etc coming here, which is poor form, imo. If we have rules, they should be equal for all. "

So should England Scotland and Wales just pull out ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Countries playing in the Euro include some in the Red list, which requires expensive hotel quarantine, for at least 10 days. There is discussion of fans etc coming here, which is poor form, imo. If we have rules, they should be equal for all. "

There are no European countries on the uk government’s red list….

All the countries hosting are on the amber list..

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Countries playing in the Euro include some in the Red list, which requires expensive hotel quarantine, for at least 10 days. There is discussion of fans etc coming here, which is poor form, imo. If we have rules, they should be equal for all.

There are no European countries on the uk government’s red list….

All the countries hosting are on the amber list.."

The only country competing at the euros that is on the red list is Turkey… and if you have seen them play their first two games, they are doing a brilliant job of playing themselves out of the euros…..

in Lancashire

"I’m amazed that people are pissing their pants to go back to work, yet over 10,000 Scottish fans have travelled to London, drinking, causing trouble, making a general mess and the police do fook all, add to that some women protesting in a park about a pervert police officer murdering a woman and the police kick the shit out of them.

You couldn’t make this madness up !"

Some of the Scottish fans have been helping in the clear up this morning..

Let's not be too damning..

here

"I’m amazed that people are pissing their pants to go back to work, yet over 10,000 Scottish fans have travelled to London, drinking, causing trouble, making a general mess and the police do fook all, add to that some women protesting in a park about a pervert police officer murdering a woman and the police kick the shit out of them.

Some of the Scottish fans have been helping in the clear up this morning..

Let's not be too damning.."

Exactly

Newcastle and Gateshead

If 20,000 Scots scare ya… if Wales somehow manage to do a job on Italy tomorrow… it will likely be how many Welshman at Wembley for their potential last 16 game…

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

because they aren't!

there's trials in lots of sporting events this last few weeks. 7k watched Rugby semi final ..and also Download festival is on this weekend with 10,000 people no restrictions on site if you pass criteria to get on site..

so it isn't just limited to football..lots of trials going in at the moment..

stafford

They've obviously decided to crack on with life. "

Hungary has a population of 9 million if which around 8.5 million are vaccinated..I would say they are pretty safe wouldn't you?

stafford

Wouldn't believe that there is a still a pandemic!"

Hungary has arguably been one if the most efficient countries at organising and getting population vaccinated they are almost at 100% now

Hungary has arguably been one if the most efficient countries at organising and getting population vaccinated they are almost at 100% now "

They used 3 different vaccines 1 provided by the EU and the other 2 from Russia and China

stafford

Hungary has arguably been one if the most efficient countries at organising and getting population vaccinated they are almost at 100% now

They used 3 different vaccines 1 provided by the EU and the other 2 from Russia and China "

what ever they did it was arguably quicker and faster to react than the UK did I'd say

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

because they aren't!

there's trials in lots of sporting events this last few weeks. 7k watched Rugby semi final ..and also Download festival is on this weekend with 10,000 people no restrictions on site if you pass criteria to get on site..

so it isn't just limited to football..lots of trials going in at the moment.."

This.. also ascot is being trialled too x

Newcastle and Gateshead

because they aren't!

so it isn't just limited to football..lots of trials going in at the moment..

This.. also ascot is being trialled too x "

The Wimbledon finals will also be part of the trial…..

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

The limit of 30 at weddings was lifted so you can now invite all you guests as long as people observe social distancing which we all know they won't after a few drinks. I think k the Wembley games are a pilot that's why the stadium only has a certain number of people at the games

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"

The Wimbledon finals will also be part of the trial….. "

Wimbledon finals are i believe the first events where it will be a maximum crowd allowed for a sporting event.

Seems kind of logical in that its not the type of crowd thats going to be full of pissed up tartan wearers and blokes decked out in the cross of St George.

Same with the g7 summit

Royal ascot had over 12000 people hardly any in masks ect

liverpool

Isnt download going ahead aswell?

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Isnt download going ahead aswell?"

10,000 test event on now

"

The Wimbledon finals will also be part of the trial…..

Wimbledon finals are i believe the first events where it will be a maximum crowd allowed for a sporting event.

Seems kind of logical in that its not the type of crowd thats going to be full of pissed up tartan wearers and blokes decked out in the cross of St George. "

Money. And I completely disagree with it

Money. And I completely disagree with it"

disagree all you like it's a trial along with many other events.. such as download, ascot etc. Its about seeing it we can have these events again.

Money. And I completely disagree with it disagree all you like it's a trial along with many other events.. such as download, ascot etc. Its about seeing it we can have these events again.

"

Some people are not happy unless they can whinge about something

It's interesting isn't it.

I say that as a football fan.

Also Ascot??????

"Simple, football is the crack coccaine of the masses so gets to do what it wants

Take test to go to a football match, why not then be allowed to take a test to go to a wedding and have a dance floor "

Look what happened with the super league. Showed the British public can change their world. They just don't want to/can't be bothered

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

By *678Man  over a year ago

Surrey

As boring as it sounds, people in and around elite level sport are typically kept under good testing regimes every couple of days or so.

Along with that, they spend every day within a football bubble, so those around them ALSO get tested every couple of days thoroughly.

I completely get peoples issues with designated people coming through with no quarantine, but I would hedge my bets that they’ve been tested a lot more and regularly than most out there

The bigger concern was when the G7 was being held in Cornwall.

Open facts stated that the vast majority of those in attendance to that, were either not vaccined, not tested or both, along with not wearing masks

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Money.

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

All down to money

These events are test events. They are trials to see if large scale events can happen. Capacity is limited, also everyone has to have produced a negative result before entry and do a pcr test too

Last week Biden, Putin and other world leaders all flew in on private jets to the G7 meet up in Cornwall, no testing, no quarantine and all hugging and laughing in our faces.

People still believe all the fear porn pushed out by the media and yet still OK with this football exemption. Still shaking my head in disbelief.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Last week Biden, Putin and other world leaders all flew in on private jets to the G7 meet up in Cornwall, no testing, no quarantine and all hugging and laughing in our faces.

People still believe all the fear porn pushed out by the media and yet still OK with this football exemption. Still shaking my head in disbelief. "

Just goes to prove those in power not one bit bothered about COVID themselves otherwise they would not be breaking there own rules

Herne Bay

"Last week Biden, Putin and other world leaders all flew in on private jets to the G7 meet up in Cornwall, no testing, no quarantine and all hugging and laughing in our faces.

People still believe all the fear porn pushed out by the media and yet still OK with this football exemption. Still shaking my head in disbelief. "

Just goes to prove those in power not one bit bothered about COVID themselves otherwise they would not be breaking there own rules

Manchester (she/her)

They've all been fully vaccinated

Herne Bay

People still believe all the fear porn pushed out by the media and yet still OK with this football exemption. Still shaking my head in disbelief.

They've all been fully vaccinated "

We’ll that’s good now we who have had the Vaccine can act like our Masters

Manchester (she/her)

They've all been fully vaccinated We’ll that’s good now we who have had the Vaccine can act like our Masters "

That's a public policy decision. The evidence would seem to suggest that that would be safe - but whether that's equitable or enforceable are other considerations.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

And after Wimbledon comes the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, 120000 tickets sold.

Watch this space.

they have all mostly been vaccinated..and were all tested prior to the event.

You just did....

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

People still believe all the fear porn pushed out by the media and yet still OK with this football exemption. Still shaking my head in disbelief. they have all mostly been vaccinated..and were all tested prior to the event. "

Except Putin. Who wasn't even there!

By *antsguy007Man  over a year ago

Whiteley

Plenty of no Scottish fans drinking in London as well as Scottish fans.

Causing trouble? 30arrests I think out of 10000 or so? Don't recall any riots or destruction as has been case when Englands fans are abroad.

Tartan army members were cleaning the streets the morning after tidying up some of their own mess - not a usual sight with fans.

Don't forget the Tartab Army Childrens charity that made a £5k donation on this trip as well.

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/the-tartan-army-heroes-we-didnt-get-to-see

But never mind facts lets just spout xenophobic rubbish to make a point

stafford

instead of shaking your head maybe keep it still so you can focus on facts?

what you said is rubbish frankly

once you research it a but you might agree ?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

I am of the belief that everyone owns a television… and 20 million managed to watch it last night! So if uefa take it away it will be on bbc or itv.. or likely both! "

Sorry but I don't own any tellies and if I did I wouldn't watch football or many other things besides.

But I'm in favour of all sport as it keeps lots of people occupied somewhere well away from where I want to be doing things. I could hardly wish for more!

liverpool

Causing trouble? 30arrests I think out of 10000 or so? Don't recall any riots or destruction as has been case when Englands fans are abroad.

Tartan army members were cleaning the streets the morning after tidying up some of their own mess - not a usual sight with fans.

Don't forget the Tartab Army Childrens charity that made a £5k donation on this trip as well.

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/the-tartan-army-heroes-we-didnt-get-to-see

"

Well the Welsh have been banned from Amsterdam.

Because its nothing to do with a virus it's quite obviously clear now for all to see now. It's only dangerous when they say so.

Herne Bay

Because its nothing to do with a virus it's quite obviously clear now for all to s ee now. It's only dangerous when they say so. "

Don’t you know COVID is only dangerous to us plebs , must be as the great and the good didn’t have to worry in Cornwall , footballers, Tennis doesn’t touch them either

liverpool

Because its nothing to do with a virus it's quite obviously clear now for all to s ee now. It's only dangerous when they say so. Don’t you know COVID is only dangerous to us plebs , must be as the great and the good didn’t have to worry in Cornwall , footballers, Tennis doesn’t touch them either "

Sorry to burst your bubble but a footy player has just caught it.

Herne Bay

Because its nothing to do with a virus it's quite obviously clear now for all to s ee now. It's only dangerous when they say so. Don’t you know COVID is only dangerous to us plebs , must be as the great and the good didn’t have to worry in Cornwall , footballers, Tennis doesn’t touch them either

Sorry to burst your bubble but a footy player has just caught it."

Was being sarcastic, your right a Scottish player who’s been in contact with God knows how many , will the England and Scotland players now have to isolate? What about all the Elite in Cornwall no masks no social distancing, hugging ?

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

To be honest, football hasn’t been treated favourably in comparison to other events. These are test events and are regulated. I attended a football game just over a week ago and had to adhere to strict measures including two covid tests, specific time to enter the stadium and having to wear a mask throughout the game. Other test events have been done in rugby, tennis, snooker, darts, theatres, concerts and night clubs. As test events these can be monitored by stewards who endeavour to make sure that the criteria is adhered to. At weddings, parties etc there would be no such traceability or stewards to monitor the event. It’s starting to get back to normal but they need these test events and football matches are not the only events being used.

Cannock

"

Don’t start defending Scottish football fans, anyone that was in Manchester the day after Rangers played there a few years ago will remind you of the vandalism caused !

here

"

Looks like the Government are going down the route of accommodating UEFA - expect the semi and final to be in London.

(Statutory Instrument 2021 No. 731 - Explanatory Note "...They also exempt certain categories of invitees of the Football Association Limited at the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship from the obligation to self-isolate, and provide for an exemption in relation to the requirement to provide information for persons travelling to the United Kingdom under arrangements made by the government for locally engaged Afghan staff and their families, and make minor amendments.")

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

£ € $ ¥

liverpool

Don’t start defending Scottish football fans, anyone that was in Manchester the day after Rangers played there a few years ago will remind you of the vandalism caused !"

Are we really going to list all the incidents involving England fans?

By *essysteveCouple  over a year ago

ALICANTE AREA SPAIN

It isn´t only football that appear to be ´breaking your rules´ did you not see the formula 1 in France on Sunday, have you not other sports doing the same. I believe that the government are using sports as guinea pig so they can see whether they can reduce restrictions. On reflection I see that the Olympic games are also going ahead

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Where is your line on this? Make no concessions for UEFA and gain the ‘respect’ (limited and brief) of the public or feel the country benefits more from the kudos of hosting the semi and finals?"

Never trust uefa tell them to stuff the final. Made Denmark play a game after team mate hadcaraduc arrest.

Im footy fan but not bothered if final in bucharest

Interesting story on the news this morning which further suggests that football is perhaps being given preferential treatment.

Apparently, one if the Scotland players has tested positive after the Scotland v England match, however, no other players, or management, have been deemed to have been in close contact with him, despite him sharing changing room etc

"Interesting story on the news this morning which further suggests that football is perhaps being given preferential treatment.

Apparently, one if the Scotland players has tested positive after the Scotland v England match, however, no other players, or management, have been deemed to have been in close contact with him, despite him sharing changing room etc"

Except the two England players….

here

Looks like the Government are going down the route of accommodating UEFA - expect the semi and final to be in London.

(Statutory Instrument 2021 No. 731 - Explanatory Note "...They also exempt certain categories of invitees of the Football Association Limited at the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship from the obligation to self-isolate, and provide for an exemption in relation to the requirement to provide information for persons travelling to the United Kingdom under arrangements made by the government for locally engaged Afghan staff and their families, and make minor amendments.")

"

…. and like magic ….a distraction announced - “we are now allowing more fans in to Wembley for the semi and final” to hopefully keep the masses happy with the fact they have relaxed the rules for some UEFA VIPs and sponsors .

Meanwhile parents wanting to go to little Jessica’s sports day - no way !

#EnoughIsEnough

Cannock

Don’t start defending Scottish football fans, anyone that was in Manchester the day after Rangers played there a few years ago will remind you of the vandalism caused !

Are we really going to list all the incidents involving England fans?"

Couldn’t give a shit to be honest !

My interest is in the 20,000 Scottish fans that travelled hundreds of miles to London when Sturgeon has banged on and on about restrictions, not travelling, etc !

People on here have been pissing their pants about people sitting on Bournemouth beach yet we have the debacle in the centre of London and the police and authorities seems to have turned a blind eye !

Stupidity of the highest order with these Scottish fans, well done in trying to push the case rates up !

liverpool

Are we really going to list all the incidents involving England fans?

Couldn’t give a shit to be honest !

My interest is in the 20,000 Scottish fans that travelled hundreds of miles to London when Sturgeon has banged on and on about restrictions, not travelling, etc !

People on here have been pissing their pants about people sitting on Bournemouth beach yet we have the debacle in the centre of London and the police and authorities seems to have turned a blind eye !

Stupidity of the highest order with these Scottish fans, well done in trying to push the case rates up !"

Didnt she comdemm them.?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's on... It gets even better. 60k fans now at Wembley for semi finals and final. In the middle of the Delta variant 3rd wave and with infections climbing so fast we needed to delay freedom day. I've tried... Really tried to give them benefit of the doubt. But this is just a sick joke.

No you can't holiday. But we can have quarantine free vips from uefa by the 1000. Madness

here

"It's on... It gets even better. 60k fans now at Wembley for semi finals and final. In the middle of the Delta variant 3rd wave and with infections climbing so fast we needed to delay freedom day. I've tried... Really tried to give them benefit of the doubt. But this is just a sick joke.

No you can't holiday. But we can have quarantine free vips from uefa by the 1000. Madness"

EnoughIsEnough

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"It's on... It gets even better. 60k fans now at Wembley for semi finals and final. In the middle of the Delta variant 3rd wave and with infections climbing so fast we needed to delay freedom day. I've tried... Really tried to give them benefit of the doubt. But this is just a sick joke.

No you can't holiday. But we can have quarantine free vips from uefa by the 1000. Madness"

Or is it them testing the next level of attendance as earlier tests have been successful.

"Interesting story on the news this morning which further suggests that football is perhaps being given preferential treatment.

Apparently, one if the Scotland players has tested positive after the Scotland v England match, however, no other players, or management, have been deemed to have been in close contact with him, despite him sharing changing room etc"

This! How is this allowed. Your not telling me he had no contact with his own team

Tin town

No you can't holiday. But we can have quarantine free vips from uefa by the 1000. Madness

Or is it them testing the next level of attendance as earlier tests have been successful. "

Well they could have done that at any number of other events... Which don't require free passes to 2000 vips flying in without quarantine so. No... Not buying that at all. Its the price we have to pay for hosting the event dictated by uefa and part of the bid for 2030. Its actually offensive.

Every experiment has objectives and controls. I'd be very interested in clarity over what they are hoping to confirm by hosting 2 semi finals and a finals? What are success criteria and what is the next text if success is achieved.? The whole test event theme is just so they can pick and choose events to have crowds at.

Tin town

Or is it them testing the next level of attendance as earlier tests have been successful.

Well they could have done that at any number of other events... Which don't require free passes to 2000 vips flying in without quarantine so. No... Not buying that at all. Its the price we have to pay for hosting the event dictated by uefa and part of the bid for 2030. Its actually offensive.

Every experiment has objectives and controls. I'd be very interested in clarity over what they are hoping to confirm by hosting 2 semi finals and a finals? What are success criteria and what is the next text if success is achieved.? The whole test event theme is just so they can pick and choose events to have crowds at. "

As an example... Why is it that the premiership rugby final at Twickenham is limited to 10k...or the lions v Japan at murreyfield is limited to 16500.?

By *izcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Wales

It's all about the money

It’s disgusting in my opinion

Tin town

"There was a news story yesterday about allowing select members of UEFA families to come to the uk for the games and not have to quarantine. There were pictures on social media yesterday of crowds of people celebrating the football yesterday. Why is it ok to ‘bend the rules’ for football but festivals, holidays, weddings etc are all under restriction. I get exasperated groans when i say this with replies of ‘because its football’!!! Someone explain it to me please It's all about the money"

I think it's great seeing and hearing the crowds enjoying themselves... Its a glimpse of normality returning. But... What's the cost in terms of the wave of infections and how the fuck does it make sense when as you say... The rest of us still aren't allowed to meet in a pub and stand up (as one example). It could be a glorious moment but I fear its going to be another Cheltenham festival moment.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

This is happening because the government led by that idiot can do what they want !

The answer to no one they ignore science, they disregard the feelings of the people all they care about is lining their own pockets; who knows maybe some sort of deal was struck between the people that rule football without a care for the fans and the people who run Britain without a care for the people.

Of course football is different to people coming back from working abroad who have to quarantine; those people are just normal working class (not in the strict sense but they are working) not the privileged culture of FIFA and UEFA

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Every experiment has objectives and controls. I'd be very interested in clarity over what they are hoping to confirm by hosting 2 semi finals and a finals? What are success criteria and what is the next text if success is achieved.? The whole test event theme is just so they can pick and choose events to have crowds at. "

Nothing has been agreed regarding quarantine as yet, or who will be allowed in to watch, talks are still ongoing.

upping the number of supporters from 20.000 to 60.000 for the semi and finals is going to be a massive mistake i fear .... plus if UEFA arnt happy the tough the uk comes first not a bunch or money robbing twats

Tin town

"upping the number of supporters from 20.000 to 60.000 for the semi and finals is going to be a massive mistake i fear .... plus if UEFA arnt happy the tough the uk comes first not a bunch or money robbing twats"

Yep agreed.... Its going to be 40k for the last 16 match...given how cautious we've been... It makes no sense at all.

Italian pm ""I will try to stop the final being held in a country where infections are rising quickly," he said. "I advocate that the final should not take place in a country in which the risk of infection is very big."

""At the moment, we are in discussions with the local authorities to try to allow fans of the participating teams to attend the matches, using a strict testing and bubble concept that would mean their stay in the UK would be less than 24 hours and their movements would be restricted to approved transport and venues "

As mentioned in the statement, the government and UEFA have been discussing how overseas fans can attend the semi-finals and final in light of current quarantine regulations, while the latter organisation is also pushing for 2,500 VIPs at the final

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I agree with the OP’s original question. The issue is with all sports that not only are they popular and bring in money, they also generate a lot of money from gambling and sponsorship.

Despite all the precautions we still manage to have a Scotland player with Covid.

here

[Removed by poster at 22/06/21 19:32:58]

here

"upping the number of supporters from 20.000 to 60.000 for the semi and finals is going to be a massive mistake i fear .... plus if UEFA arnt happy the tough the uk comes first not a bunch or money robbing twats

Yep agreed.... Its going to be 40k for the last 16 match...given how cautious we've been... It makes no sense at all.

Italian pm ""I will try to stop the final being held in a country where infections are rising quickly," he said. "I advocate that the final should not take place in a country in which the risk of infection is very big."

""At the moment, we are in discussions with the local authorities to try to allow fans of the participating teams to attend the matches, using a strict testing and bubble concept that would mean their stay in the UK would be less than 24 hours and their movements would be restricted to approved transport and venues "

As mentioned in the statement, the government and UEFA have been discussing how overseas fans can attend the semi-finals and final in light of current quarantine regulations, while the latter organisation is also pushing for 2,500 VIPs at the final"

Government have adjusted the law to allow the uefa guests to attend without the need for 10 days quarantine.

By *antsguy007Man  over a year ago

Whiteley

Don’t start defending Scottish football fans, anyone that was in Manchester the day after Rangers played there a few years ago will remind you of the vandalism caused !"

I will defend them - there is a difference between the Tartan army and Rangers fans they are not one and the same.

One group follows a club the other is made up of followers of lots of clubs.

Thats like me saying a Chelsea fan on the tube represents all English fans.

Peurile argument!!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

60,000 for football, red/amber/quarantine, meet 6 outdoors, 50 to a wedding, how many to a funeral, test for care home staff but not visitors, 78,000 ppl fined for covid breach except Dominic Cummings.

Whole thing now is nonsense

"upping the number of supporters from 20.000 to 60.000 for the semi and finals is going to be a massive mistake i fear .... plus if UEFA arnt happy the tough the uk comes first not a bunch or money robbing twats

As mentioned in the statement, the government and UEFA have been discussing how overseas fans can attend the semi-finals and final in light of current quarantine regulations, while the latter organisation is also pushing for 2,500 VIPs at the final

Government have adjusted the law to allow the uefa guests to attend without the need for 10 days quarantine.

"

Of course, when it suits them….

"60,000 for football, red/amber/quarantine, meet 6 outdoors, 50 to a wedding, how many to a funeral, test for care home staff but not visitors, 78,000 ppl fined for covid breach except Dominic Cummings.

Whole thing now is nonsense "

I'm officially fed up now. Get the flights open again.

My neighbour can go to a UK covid hotspot with no quarantine then meet with all their mates and spread it... It's a load of bollocks.

Tin town

"60,000 for football, red/amber/quarantine, meet 6 outdoors, 50 to a wedding, how many to a funeral, test for care home staff but not visitors, 78,000 ppl fined for covid breach except Dominic Cummings.

My neighbour can go to a UK covid hotspot with no quarantine then meet with all their mates and spread it... It's a load of bollocks. "

I detect a change of attitude?! Snap.... Another wave another lockdown on the way while we host super spreader events....pfft.

I got an idea.. lets moan about it on Fab. .that will make the Government take notice.. same threads different days.. come up with something new.. waiting for today's 'having my jab, what side effects did you all have' thread to start..

By *lub playCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool, At The Crack Of Dawn!!

Whole thing now is nonsense "

Got to be said from a binssnes like ours prospective that's been closed for 17 months doing the right thing this is nonsensical & insulting.

We are not saying we should open yet lets get that clear but these sort of decisions send out mixed messages to a country that already has lockdown fatigue.

The ammout of questions we get asking why we can't open and why x,y,z can is exhausting and frustrating at times.

We understand on one hand with Flu and pneumonia deaths now running at 10 times higher than Covid this lockdown now makes no real sense and it's something will have to learn to live with.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/22/flu-pneumonia-deaths-now-ten-times-higher-covid/

But on the other hand we have to think of our customers safety and any potential out break of covid19 and stick to the law and not bend it to fit like the government and so many others are doing now!

My neighbour can go to a UK covid hotspot with no quarantine then meet with all their mates and spread it... It's a load of bollocks.

I detect a change of attitude?! Snap.... Another wave another lockdown on the way while we host super spreader events....pfft. "

I haven't defected to the anti vaxxers just yet.

Maybe it's the 2 microchips I've had injected that are now controlling (what's left of) my brain.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am not so much about against the raising of the crowd limit for the semi final and final from 40k to 60k as the rules have always been anyone going must have had a jab and must have had a negative pcr test within the last 24 hrs! And those rules are not changing!

The other argument is that Wembley is still going to be at 75% capacity….. the Wimbledon men and ladies finals (another test event) will be at 100% capacity! The rugby league challenge final at Wembley will be allowed 50k

The open golf will be allowed to be at 75% capacity

The mere fact that this is even a discussion just tells us that it's not about some virus at all.

» Add a new message to this topic