FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Warning: booking online, can infect GPS severs with coivd

Warning: booking online, can infect GPS severs with coivd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orny PT OP   Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 21/06/21 18:12:42]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Peterborough

(Typo COVID!)

MY ARSE

Just phoned my surgery to book an appointment, as going to the reception desk is prohibited. Sort of makes sense.

Tried to go online and book it through a painfully convoluted questionnaire, but only to get an email saying, I might get one next week.

Phoned up the surgery to question this only to be told "Oh, you're not supposed to do that online, as the appointments are telephone only as are the request to book them. This is because of the last lock down.

"What do you mean the website done't say this?" Proof that the whole system is broken, as nobody checks these things, nor is there a sense of joined up thinking.

If you don't want us to use the website, tell us on the page in question.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"(Typo COVID!)

MY ARSE

Just phoned my surgery to book an appointment, as going to the reception desk is prohibited. Sort of makes sense.

Tried to go online and book it through a painfully convoluted questionnaire, but only to get an email saying, I might get one next week.

Phoned up the surgery to question this only to be told "Oh, you're not supposed to do that online, as the appointments are telephone only as are the request to book them. This is because of the last lock down.

"What do you mean the website done't say this?" Proof that the whole system is broken, as nobody checks these things, nor is there a sense of joined up thinking.

If you don't want us to use the website, tell us on the page in question."

What on earth is the thread title about?

Peterborough

Confusion: that's what! I've heard some lame excuses for not doing things before, but this is ridiculous.

I can't go online and book a GP appointment, because of lockdown rules.

I thought online was safer than in-person-visits, as the phone booking system always involves a 30 minute wait, at 8:30 in the morning and that's not cheap.

Dudley

"Confusion: that's what! I've heard some lame excuses for not doing things before, but this is ridiculous.

I thought online was safer than in-person-visits, as the phone booking system always involves a 30 minute wait, at 8:30 in the morning and that's not cheap."

It's the same with my surgery, you call, ask for a telephone appointment, they book you an appointment and the Doctor calls you, if you need to be seen, the doctor arranges the appointment, booking isn't being done online, I don't think it's a major issue, it's just easier for them to organise telephone appointments over the phone.

Peterborough

"Confusion: that's what! I've heard some lame excuses for not doing things before, but this is ridiculous.

I thought online was safer than in-person-visits, as the phone booking system always involves a 30 minute wait, at 8:30 in the morning and that's not cheap.

It's the same with my surgery, you call, ask for a telephone appointment, they book you an appointment and the Doctor calls you, if you need to be seen, the doctor arranges the appointment, booking isn't being done online, I don't think it's a major issue, it's just easier for them to organise telephone appointments over the phone. "

I do have problems, as the time the surgery opens, is the time I'm driving to work.

They only have one person answering the phone at that time, so getting through is expensive and frustrating.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They may have a patient participation group that you could help with your elaborations.

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Unfortunately, if you work during office hours, getting through to any surgery or other NHS services (iCash, for instance) is going to take a lot of patience and a huge amount of luck. Only to be told, once you get through the initial recorded messages that either the lines are now closed, they have no more appointments for today/this week or that your symptoms are not bad enough.

Peterborough

"They may have a patient participation group that you could help with your elaborations. "

The CQC left a damming report after their last visit and they didn't even have a pulse oximeter in stock. So If they can't even get the basics right...

Phoning my surgery makes being a bloke on FAB seem easy.

Dudley

"They may have a patient participation group that you could help with your elaborations.

The CQC left a damming report after their last visit and they didn't even have a pulse oximeter in stock. So If they can't even get the basics right...

Phoning my surgery makes being a bloke on FAB seem easy."

Move surgeries?

Peterborough

"They may have a patient participation group that you could help with your elaborations.

Move surgeries? "

This is the 4th change of GPs in 20 years. Due to house moves.

They are very tight on postcode catchment areas around here. The waiting-to-join-lists aren't encouraging.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's the same with my surgery, you call, ask for a telephone appointment, they book you an appointment and the Doctor calls you, if you need to be seen, the doctor arranges the appointment, booking isn't being done online, I don't think it's a major issue, it's just easier for them to organise telephone appointments over the phone. "

And also its fairer as alot if people especially don't have access to IT so a phone is their only means of communication.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I have to say our GP is nigh on impossible to get through to in any form. Mr KC needs an in person appointment (having had a phone appointment and blood tests about 3 weeks ago). The next in person appointment was 3rd July (so about 6 weeks after the initial phone consultation). When you have pain in a very delicate part of your anatomy that hasn't responded to any OTC remedy, 6 weeks is a hell of a long time to wait. You also need to book a morning off work just to sit and hit redial x150 and then wait for 20-30mins on hold.

They booted our son off the list (he's got a term time address 15 miles away but permanent address hasn't changed) but didn't tell him, so he's actually been without a GP all academic year. Only discovered during a mental health crisis.... Helpful. Not.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

We are fortunate in that ours is fine, yes they're being covid compliant with phone being the first point of contact but if needed face to face consultations are being done..

Peterborough

"I have to say our GP is nigh on impossible to get through to in any form. Mr KC needs an in person appointment (having had a phone appointment and blood tests about 3 weeks ago). The next in person appointment was 3rd July (so about 6 weeks after the initial phone consultation). When you have pain in a very delicate part of your anatomy that hasn't responded to any OTC remedy, 6 weeks is a hell of a long time to wait. You also need to book a morning off work just to sit and hit redial x150 and then wait for 20-30mins on hold.

They booted our son off the list (he's got a term time address 15 miles away but permanent address hasn't changed) but didn't tell him, so he's actually been without a GP all academic year. Only discovered during a mental health crisis.... Helpful. Not. "

I hear your pain and it's shocking.

These clinics are so obsessed with reaching targets and shortening waiting lists is causing the gatekeepers to act like little Hitlers and make you feel guilty. Guilty for being ill and disappointed.

Any sign of "That's not good enough" is regarded as aggressive by default, this can't go on. No wonder online pharmacies and dodgy sites are selling pills like smarties.

Nowhere on these websites do you get told what to do when the GP won't.

By *queegeeMan  over a year ago

northampton

Move surgeries?

They are very tight on postcode catchment areas around here. The waiting-to-join-lists aren't encouraging."

You can download livi or doctorlink, register and have an appointed with a doctor same day via video call

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Move surgeries?

They are very tight on postcode catchment areas around here. The waiting-to-join-lists aren't encouraging. You can download livi or doctorlink, register and have an appointed with a doctor same day via video call"

Our GP use Doctorlink in some remote consultations but you have to secure a phone consultation first. If, during the call, the doc thinks a video link would help, they text you a link to click on. But that doesn't help you when getting that telephone appointment in the first place is nigh on impossible.

We cannot book any appointments online for my GP anymore. Not through SystmOnline, not the NHS app. You cannot choose a video consultation as a "thing" - all appointments are phone appointments, only the GP can then allow you to book in person (if required, current wait 3wks) or the GP can initiate Doctorlink if they wish during the phonecall.

Getting that initial phone appointment is the issue!

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I walk round to my docs and get let in ,i have to see a nurse reqular for injections not a gp thou, strange that ,its ok for nurses to see people but not the doctor, are they afried ..

By *queegeeMan  over a year ago

northampton

Please try download Livi and trust me you can have a video appointment within 2 hrs tops ..

Peterborough

Move surgeries?

They are very tight on postcode catchment areas around here. The waiting-to-join-lists aren't encouraging. You can download livi or doctorlink, register and have an appointed with a doctor same day via video call"

Right then...I did that and got this back

Appointment requested for Horny PT(Male, 50).

Arranged by

Horny PT

Contact

+44 (number hidden)/ email address included

He would prefer to be contacted by email

Postcode

(hidden)

The symptom checker recommended that this appointment be scheduled within the next 1 week.

Patient's symptom checker results are attached.

So, as you can see, it's no good, as they still let you use the website, but won't tell you that they are not reading any requests.

A week for an appointment. It's terrible.

Peterborough

Move surgeries?

They are very tight on postcode catchment areas around here. The waiting-to-join-lists aren't encouraging. You can download livi or doctorlink, register and have an appointed with a doctor same day via video call

Our GP use Doctorlink in some remote consultations but you have to secure a phone consultation first. If, during the call, the doc thinks a video link would help, they text you a link to click on. But that doesn't help you when getting that telephone appointment in the first place is nigh on impossible.

We cannot book any appointments online for my GP anymore. Not through SystmOnline, not the NHS app. You cannot choose a video consultation as a "thing" - all appointments are phone appointments, only the GP can then allow you to book in person (if required, current wait 3wks) or the GP can initiate Doctorlink if they wish during the phonecall.

Getting that initial phone appointment is the issue!"

That is soooooo true.

Peterborough

"Please try download Livi and trust me you can have a video appointment within 2 hrs tops .."

They'll still say "you'll have to speak to your GP about that." We've got a locum Hub, where you can book appointments at the town centre surgery, only to get that appointment, then get told exactly the same thing. "see your GP",.

I am not a ping pong ball.

Peterborough

"I walk round to my docs and get let in ,i have to see a nurse reqular for injections not a gp thou, strange that ,its ok for nurses to see people but not the doctor, are they afried .."
hmmm

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

Before covid it was a nightmare situation trying to get an appointment to see a Doctor...now it's even worse The Doctors have been told that they have to start seeing patients again face to face as normal. I don't book anything online..I prefer the old fashion way of talking to a human..unfortunately they think that every one is a online boffin with a smart phone Good luck OP...you have my sympathy on this!!

Peterborough

"Before covid it was a nightmare situation trying to get an appointment to see a Doctor...now it's even worse The Doctors have been told that they have to start seeing patients again face to face as normal. I don't book anything online..I prefer the old fashion way of talking to a human..unfortunately they think that every one is a online boffin with a smart phone Good luck OP...you have my sympathy on this!!"

Thanks, I did go in last week after spending 30 mins at 20 p per minute of the phone. There I was teated with shock horror as I dared to enter the reception area witha mask on, but with no appointment. I said I wanted to make an official complaint.

Speaking through a mask and bullet proof perspex, to the old dear who couldn't hear me properly caused my voice to raise, so she could hear me. (wot no hearing aid?), but her co-worker thought I was getting stroppy.

They caved in when I asked for a refund on my wasted phone call, I had the phone call at home. got my bloods tested at the walk in.

Went in person to pick up the printout/results...still treated with disgust.

Now I need a follow up apt to discuss them and why my condition needs urgent treatment. Back to square one again.

The fact that mu condition is a lingering side effect from previous meds, I think I am due some recourse.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Why are your calls expensive? The majority of mobiles have free minutes and your GP is just a local rate.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Have some sympathy with the surgeries, there are 15 million no show appointments annually, then of those that show 27% are a waste of the surgeries time handing out plasters, aspirins etc to hypochondriacs (Source BMA)

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Our surgeries use 'my gp'. You send a message with your problem and a doctor or nurse gets back to you within the hour and we have always seen someone if necessary.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yesterday someone at the GP's responded to my email within 13 minutes and had sorted my problem. Impressive.

chelmsford

"Yesterday someone at the GP's responded to my email within 13 minutes and had sorted my problem. Impressive. "

Very impressive Sally I have no complaints with our surgeries, I guess we're just lucky

My surgery is still on phone appointments although thankfully getting through to them and getting a call back isn't too bad but they sounded horrified last week when I asked if they were doing face to face appointments again. Apparently the closest we are getting to that is to send them a picture. I don't have an x-ray machine floating around unfortunately.

No complaints with my surgery. They use SystmOnline, Airmid and the NHS app. I book everything online so there's a paper trail. I order my prescriptions on the and can view my full record and test results. Have had fantastic service throughout the pandemic.

Peterborough

"Why are your calls expensive? The majority of mobiles have free minutes and your GP is just a local rate. "

Landline, local rate, via BT

Peterborough

"No complaints with my surgery. They use SystmOnline, Airmid and the NHS app. I book everything online so there's a paper trail. I order my prescriptions on the and can view my full record and test results. Have had fantastic service throughout the pandemic."

If they stopped using the digital platform: would it be a good idea to post that information aon that very same site/app? Not expecting you to phone up and treat you like a mushroom.

Peterborough

"Yesterday someone at the GP's responded to my email within 13 minutes and had sorted my problem. Impressive. "

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I seem to be very lucky with my local surgery. They are not allowing online bookings as such, but via their website there is a secure system for sending them an email which can include photos of the problematic parts. They state that they will review within a couple of days, but last time I used the system I sent the message at about 10pm Sunday and they phoned me back Monday afternoon.

Usually a GP will call to discuss symptoms, give instructions for sending further pics/video if they need it, arrange an in person appointment same or next day if they think necessary, or email a prescription straight to local pharmacy if they have made a diagnosis.

The system is actually a load faster and easier than when I used to try and phone for an appointment. So it is possible for NHS surgeries to do this stuff, but it sounds like it is down to individual practices to get themselves organised.

I won't name my doctor's practice, don't want to embarrass them with the praise lol, but they certainly get 10 out of 10 marks from me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have written to my GP before, when I've had problems and not made good progress via their systems. I'd recommend it, as I've always had great follow up as a result.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My GP has been pretty good

Peterborough

Well i just goes to show that surgeries have a postcode lottery, This needs to stop. If only the good surgeries could badger the sloppy ones into getting their collective fingers out of their arses.

But hats off to the few decent surgeries out there.

Peterborough

Update: visited two surgeries, within 10 mins drive from mine. First one said no: wrong postcode. Second one, which is really hidden out of the way, buried in a cul-de-sac/bus lane said Ok.

So I go new patient forms went home filled in, returned back with some documentation. Now all I have to do is wait untill Friday, visit surgery, in person to collect internet ID code, then I can then apply on line for apts (hopefully).

At least they let patients phone up twice a day to book same day consultations.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

chelmsford

"Update: visited two surgeries, within 10 mins drive from mine. First one said no: wrong postcode. Second one, which is really hidden out of the way, buried in a cul-de-sac/bus lane said Ok.

So I go new patient forms went home filled in, returned back with some documentation. Now all I have to do is wait untill Friday, visit surgery, in person to collect internet ID code, then I can then apply on line for apts (hopefully).

At least they let patients phone up twice a day to book same day consultations.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it."

Good luck!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I'm with you op. Let's take something that has worked perfectly fine for 30 years and build convoluted barriers to prevent patient access. It's terrible. Took me 5 weeks to see a quack today.

Peterborough

"I'm with you op. Let's take something that has worked perfectly fine for 30 years and build convoluted barriers to prevent patient access. It's terrible. Took me 5 weeks to see a quack today. "

First world problems.

Remember when 25 years ago you could:

Have a phone that stayed charged all week Ericsson T10 (I hate Nokias)

Change TV channels and not wait 5 seconds to see a picture

Find a dentist that took on NHS patients

Get a docs appointment in person and choose a dya of your choice

Have buses that weren't purely Stagecoach, and could accept rovers/riders/scratchcard prepay tickets

Get paid time and a half for Saturdays, double Bubble for Sundays

Affordably buy a house at 3 times salary not 10 times with two people's incomes

Visit a Jobcentre/jokeshop and visibly see how much wages they were paying and the were sometimes long term. Not agency only and competitive pay bullshit.

£5 pound notes in all cash machines, this is causing poverty.

When cash was not a dirty word

The future's not bright and it certainly ain't orange

» Add a new message to this topic