FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Winterlockdown

Winterlockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyold man OP   Man  over a year ago

barnsley

It was reported on the world service other day boris has said we may have to have another winter lockdown .so get reddy for it now folks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awksordMan  over a year ago

heswall

Don’t surprise me with his way of running this country.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope he still not taking advice from that useless fucker professor Ferguson

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Fucking hope not

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Fuck that shit everyone will be double jabbed by winter will be time for people to take there chances and see if these vaccines really do what they say.btw ive had both of mine now

Two weeks to flatten the curve

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period

Hopefully this will have taught us not to go into work with things like flu, colds etc.... as it really helped last year.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully we'll be protected enough by then. But hard to say what the future will hold.

"I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period. "

Yes

Let's all wear masks every winter. Maybe all year round, just to be sure.

Oh, wait, it's a dumb idea.

Manchester (she/her)

"I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period.

Yes

Oh, wait, it's a dumb idea."

I plan to mask up in winter in future.

"I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period.

Yes

I plan to mask up in winter in future."

That's entirely your choice.

I wont be, thanks. Neither will the majority, regardless of any daft regulations.

Exposure to 'nasties' is very important for the general development and maintenance of the immune system.

Mandatory masks can be a useful tool as a short term measure. There is no place for them to be forced long term in a civilised society.

And Boris can say what he wants about lockdowns. I wont be missing another family Christmas under any circumstances.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

I wont be, thanks. Neither will the majority, regardless of any daft regulations.

Exposure to 'nasties' is very important for the general development and maintenance of the immune system.

Mandatory masks can be a useful tool as a short term measure. There is no place for them to be forced long term in a civilised society.

And Boris can say what he wants about lockdowns. I wont be missing another family Christmas under any circumstances."

I'm sure if there are rules, the majority will comply.

I'm sorry you don't seem to see the value of public health measures.

borehamwood

Yes

And Boris can say what he wants about lockdowns. I wont be missing another family Christmas under any circumstances."

That’s not what he said.

Yes

And Boris can say what he wants about lockdowns. I wont be missing another family Christmas under any circumstances.

I'm sorry you don't seem to see the value of public health measures."

People are fed up of the bullshit. Have you been on a train recently? Mask wearing is less than 25%

Vaccination levels are already high - by winter further restrictions will not be tolerated.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

People are fed up of the bullshit. Have you been on a train recently? Mask wearing is less than 25%

Vaccination levels are already high - by winter further restrictions will not be tolerated."

I have. It was over 75%. Was over 90% on the tram I was on today, too

borehamwood

Yes

I'm sorry you don't seem to see the value of public health measures."

Im not so sure even the covid rules cheerleaders i know are now asking why we aint opening up as deaths are so low

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

Im not so sure even the covid rules cheerleaders i know are now asking why we aint opening up as deaths are so low"

Deaths aren't the only bad thing that can happen.

Yes

Im not so sure even the covid rules cheerleaders i know are now asking why we aint opening up as deaths are so low

Deaths aren't the only bad thing that can happen."

Precisely. Freedoms can be eroded too.

It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

Precisely. Freedoms can be eroded too."

Ok. I was thinking more long Covid, decline in mental function, breathing difficulty, etc, but you do you

borehamwood

Yes

Deaths aren't the only bad thing that can happen."

Thats what most people are looking at if thousands aint dying everyweek why are we still having restrictions most people have had enough of it now.lost jobs bills piling up non existant social lives,everyone was told vaccines were the way out of it by septembee everyone who wants one will have been offerd one.yet now talking about winter lockdowns see the problem people no longer are buying what the goverment have been saying

Yes

Ok. I was thinking more long Covid, decline in mental function, breathing difficulty, etc, but you do you "

I'll take my jabs then take my chances.

Existing isn't living.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

Ok. I was thinking more long Covid, decline in mental function, breathing difficulty, etc, but you do you

Existing isn't living."

Ok. I'll keep thinking about my community.

"It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections."

So all the stuff that is 'normal' then. It's never been an issue before and isn't now.

Anyone who wants to wear masks, keep there distance of live in an underground bunker is free to do so. The rest of us will crack on.

"Don’t surprise me with his way of running this country. "

And also the way the selfish me me me F*****s in the community go around doing as they like. Not obeying the rules etc. It's not all the government's thought.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections.

So all the stuff that is 'normal' then. It's never been an issue before and isn't now.

Anyone who wants to wear masks, keep there distance of live in an underground bunker is free to do so. The rest of us will crack on."

Hmmmmmm influenza never an issue? So what was Spanish flu? That wasn't an issue no? Any "normal" virus can become an issue if it mutates in a way that is advantageous to its transmission even more so if it has a nicely balanced mortality rate aswell or vaccine resistance, it's not a case of living in bunkers at all, as for the mask wearing and distancing from others it's quite nice to not have people coughing their germs all over the place and getting in my personal space without permission it's done wonders for keeping rude people away from me so I am more than happy for that to stay.

nr spalding

"Don’t surprise me with his way of running this country.

And also the way the selfish me me me F*****s in the community go around doing as they like. Not obeying the rules etc. It's not all the government's thought. "

Yup they blame the government for their inability to even wash their hands properly I mean come on people we were taught this as small children (well I was anyway) I never thought the government would have to tell people how to wash their hands

And also the way the selfish me me me F*****s in the community go around doing as they like. Not obeying the rules etc. It's not all the government's thought.

Yup they blame the government for their inability to even wash their hands properly I mean come on people we were taught this as small children (well I was anyway) I never thought the government would have to tell people how to wash their hands "

Who's blamed the government for their own handwashing or lack of?

I've literally seen noone.

Most people don't need teaching how to wash their hands.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"It was reported on the world service other day boris has said we may have to have another winter lockdown .so get reddy for it now folks"

Yay!this is kind of okay for me at least. My jobI have alrrady been told is going to continue working from home. So another lockdown isnt going to make much difference tbh

Iknow it probably wont suit everyone of course.

Who really likes going out in the winter anyway ? Nothing like being warm and cozy in the darker months instead of commuting for hours in the dark and cold.. Or even trying to enjoy yourself freezing in a beer garden again

I shall be Sawing and Chopping up a little additional wood for the log burner store over rhe coming weeks.. Think that is on the jobs list..

It’s like a playground in here at times.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yup they blame the government for their inability to even wash their hands properly I mean come on people we were taught this as small children (well I was anyway) I never thought the government would have to tell people how to wash their hands

Most people don't need teaching how to wash their hands."

There's been scientific studies carried out and one fact I recall was that in some mens loos the numbers of germs on door handles indicated that less than one in five users were actually washing their hands after using the facilities..

There's been scientific studies carried out and one fact I recall was that in some mens loos the numbers of germs on door handles indicated that less than one in five users were actually washing their hands after using the facilities.."

I was in the gents the other night. One guy had a pee then walked over to hand dryer and dried his hands without bothering to wash them.

Maybe he thinks dyson dryers are that good.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections."
which is why it would be beneficial to wear masks still on public transport or places that require them now.

I certainly would be even if they didnt have it as mandatory but then I've been wearing one long before people needed telling to as was in Europe particularly Italy when covid first hit

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 22/06/21 16:43:50]

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

Its because of selfiah anti vaxers, especially the ones who arent getting it not becauae of health reasons but because are being aksed and for some reason translate this to controlling us, yeah because of YOU my brother cant get on with his life beacuse your all too selfish to see the greater good YOU can do for many by do the simplist of things. My brother has so much with his cerebral palsy, learning difficulties, spastic quadriplegic amd top it off fighting bladder cancer so to say he high risk is no lie. He had his jabs. But becauae of YOU he still cant go far as YOU can still have it and not know it. YOU can still pass that to my brother. YOU can still make him ill. YOU can still kill him. But ill tell him he cant go out as his life means jack shit and cant go back to anywhere near normal beacuae YOU wont wear a mask

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections. which is why it would be beneficial to wear masks still on public transport or places that require them now.

I certainly would be even if they didnt have it as mandatory but then I've been wearing one long before people needed telling to as was in Europe particularly Italy when covid first hit

"

It's seen as common curtesy in places like Japan. If you have cold/flu symptoms, but must leave the house, then wear a mask to reduce the infection of others.

well folks, the choice is all yours. Spend the rest of your lives in and out of lockdown, being grateful for a few little freedoms, whilst they look down on you with contempt and travel everywhere, have parties in Cornwall booze ups at Ascot or you can grow a pair stand up and say NO MORE. Two little words and the whole charade is over !!!

nr spalding

"It’s not Covid that they are worried about this winter, it’s influenza and other regular respiratory infections. which is why it would be beneficial to wear masks still on public transport or places that require them now.

It's seen as common curtesy in places like Japan. If you have cold/flu symptoms, but must leave the house, then wear a mask to reduce the infection of others."

Yup which is why they had better control of this from the start, mask wearing is normalised to an extent so you don't get the whole face nappy bitching an whinging about it being an erosion of freedom by evil governments and you have better control of viral transmission which is always good.

Manchester (she/her)

It's seen as common curtesy in places like Japan. If you have cold/flu symptoms, but must leave the house, then wear a mask to reduce the infection of others."

Yes. I quite like the manners aspect of it. Let me help you by not spreading my germs

Yes

Existing isn't living."

And this is why the curve is going upwards coz of I'm all right Jack thick fuckers like this

Shangri-La

"well folks, the choice is all yours. Spend the rest of your lives in and out of lockdown, being grateful for a few little freedoms, whilst they look down on you with contempt and travel everywhere, have parties in Cornwall booze ups at Ascot or you can grow a pair stand up and say NO MORE. Two little words and the whole charade is over !!!

"

What freedom do you feel they took away?

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"well folks, the choice is all yours. Spend the rest of your lives in and out of lockdown, being grateful for a few little freedoms, whilst they look down on you with contempt and travel everywhere, have parties in Cornwall booze ups at Ascot or you can grow a pair stand up and say NO MORE. Two little words and the whole charade is over !!!

"

I'll just bellow 'no more' from my window and covid will fuck off? Are you sure?

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

What freedom do you feel they took away? "

Have you visited planet Earth recently, Jesus

stafford

"

I'm quite happy at home for the winter tbh

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

So, we were told that the vaccine would be the route back to normality and now with a majority of adults jabbed up another lockdown later in the year is being hinted at. Is it me or does something not really add up.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Providing the vaccine keeps enough people out of hospital regardless of infection rates I see no call for it.

However I did hear the government was concerned that Flu deaths this winter could be massive as a result of Covid. Maybe even drawf Covid deaths same time last year. There for I could see a call to lock the vulnerable up this winter. All depends if people are still cool about people dying of flu or not.

stafford

"So, we were told that the vaccine would be the route back to normality and now with a majority of adults jabbed up another lockdown later in the year is being hinted at. Is it me or does something not really add up."

Only the sceptics and the career conspiracy theorists.. Not good at sums that lot!

"It was reported on the world service other day boris has said we may have to have another winter lockdown .so get reddy for it now folks"

I said that, as soon as people started going on holiday abroad.

"Providing the vaccine keeps enough people out of hospital regardless of infection rates I see no call for it.

However I did hear the government was concerned that Flu deaths this winter could be massive as a result of Covid. Maybe even drawf Covid deaths same time last year. There for I could see a call to lock the vulnerable up this winter. All depends if people are still cool about people dying of flu or not."

What would be the reason for excessive flu deaths this winter did they say? The fact we havnt been exposed as much to it this year or just that we are all out and about again.

Shangri-La

What freedom do you feel they took away?

Have you visited planet Earth recently, Jesus"

Yes

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Yes

Oh, wait, it's a dumb idea."

lol masks dont even stop a fart. Let alone a virus.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

All the crowds at football

Errr pretty obvious

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

What he actually said was that he " think you can never exclude that there will be some new disease or some new horror that we haven't budgeted for" in response to the question "would he rule out further lockdowns this winter".

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"It was reported on the world service other day boris has said we may have to have another winter lockdown .so get reddy for it now folks

What he actually said was that he " think you can never exclude that there will be some new disease or some new horror that we haven't budgeted for" in response to the question "would he rule out further lockdowns this winter".

Cal"

That's far too sensible

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"All the crowds at football

Errr pretty obvious"

Indeed. Euro 2020 semis/final, F1 and Wimbledon to have big crowds, but not other events large or small.

It's almost as if the Government are cherry picking those events seen by a worldwide audience to present a false reality that things are pretty normal here and they aren’t withholding our basic rights with no justification.

Once everyone is double jabbed I think we need to get back to normal otherwise the number of deaths will pale into insignificance compared to other diseases, for example half a million people less have seen their doctors for cancer tests and that’s just one disease! Delays in treatment, lack of mental health services coupled with what could be a recession. I was for the measures it at some point the world needs to open back up!

North Korea starting to sound like a holiday camp compared to the dictatorship we now live in here..

Yes

Vaccination levels are already high - by winter further restrictions will not be tolerated."

Well I'm not sure what trains you are getting but I get trains very regularly and the vast majority are wearing face coverings and its very rare to see someone without one.

"North Korea starting to sound like a holiday camp compared to the dictatorship we now live in here.. "

Hardly!

in Lancashire

"North Korea starting to sound like a holiday camp compared to the dictatorship we now live in here.. "

Said by someone with not the faintest idea what living in North Korea entails ..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Said by someone who has no concept of what North Korea is like.

You would literally be imprisoned for making a criticism of the government. It is claimed that they actually shot people who tested positive with Covid.

Dudley

"So, we were told that the vaccine would be the route back to normality and now with a majority of adults jabbed up another lockdown later in the year is being hinted at. Is it me or does something not really add up."

Oh god, not you aswell?

"North Korea starting to sound like a holiday camp compared to the dictatorship we now live in here..

You would literally be imprisoned for making a criticism of the government. It is claimed that they actually shot people who tested positive with Covid."

Ah but did they die of Covid or the bullet

October

Well folk keep on voting Tory so what do you expect!

By *uriouslatexTV/TS  over a year ago

Norfolk

"North Korea starting to sound like a holiday camp compared to the dictatorship we now live in here..

You would literally be imprisoned for making a criticism of the government. It is claimed that they actually shot people who tested positive with Covid.

Ah but did they die of Covid or the bullet "

If it was within 28days of being positive, it may have counted as a covid death - if this dictatorship government shot people

liverpool

You would literally be imprisoned for making a criticism of the government. It is claimed that they actually shot people who tested positive with Covid."

Do they ban critical journalists in North Korea?

liverpool

"Once everyone is double jabbed I think we need to get back to normal otherwise the number of deaths will pale into insignificance compared to other diseases, for example half a million people less have seen their doctors for cancer tests and that’s just one disease! Delays in treatment, lack of mental health services coupled with what could be a recession. I was for the measures it at some point the world needs to open back up!"

Tbh once every one is double jabbed there is literally no need for another full lockdown.

Maybe tighter restrictions but we shouldn't see what we saw last winter.

in Lancashire

"Well some folk keep on voting Tory so what do you expect!"

Ftfy..

stafford

Yes

Question

What is the reason for people in South East Asia countries wearing a mask for about the last 30 years or more .. You know when they have a cold, cough or sore throat? Adukts and children.

Why do they think its a good idea now to keep doing it?

Riddle me this!

Then think about your comment

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Once everyone is double jabbed I think we need to get back to normal otherwise the number of deaths will pale into insignificance compared to other diseases, for example half a million people less have seen their doctors for cancer tests and that’s just one disease! Delays in treatment, lack of mental health services coupled with what could be a recession. I was for the measures it at some point the world needs to open back up!

Tbh once every one is double jabbed there is literally no need for another full lockdown.

Maybe tighter restrictions but we shouldn't see what we saw last winter."

That makes sense but what concerns is me is if the vaccine starts wearing off and therefore people need to be double jabbed all over again, then it will be the rush again to get everybody continually jabbed and lockdowns again.

Herne Bay

"Well folk keep on voting Tory so what do you expect!"
And you think be any better under Labour LOL

Lockdown 3: Delta Force.

liverpool

"Well folk keep on voting Tory so what do you expect! And you think be any better under Labour LOL"

Yep

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 22/06/21 23:37:56]

liverpool

"Once everyone is double jabbed I think we need to get back to normal otherwise the number of deaths will pale into insignificance compared to other diseases, for example half a million people less have seen their doctors for cancer tests and that’s just one disease! Delays in treatment, lack of mental health services coupled with what could be a recession. I was for the measures it at some point the world needs to open back up!

Maybe tighter restrictions but we shouldn't see what we saw last winter.

That makes sense but what concerns is me is if the vaccine starts wearing off and therefore people need to be double jabbed all over again, then it will be the rush again to get everybody continually jabbed and lockdowns again."

They should be setting up plans for boosters already.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Very difficult to predict.

Unless transmission produces nasty variants think a booster will do the trick.

"Very difficult to predict.

Unless transmission produces nasty variants think a booster will do the trick.

"

News of a"delta plus" variant of concern has just been reported i India

Yes

Question

What is the reason for people in South East Asia countries wearing a mask for about the last 30 years or more .. You know when they have a cold, cough or sore throat? Adukts and children.

Riddle me this!

Then think about your comment "

Many of those people wear face masks 24/7 wherever they go when outside.

It's believed to stem from the heavily polluted cities.

My comments still stand - if that's the society you want to live in then crack on.

Most of us simply don't. And won't.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Unfortunately we rolled over and had our tummy’s tickled to protect the NHS far too quickly which leaves us in a position that every time the badly run NHS lurches into another crisis over the winter the government knows they can have another lockdown and we will all comply !

Our eldest daughter is a nurse and at the start of the pandemic was put on ICU with PPE not fit for purpose as the stock they had in their stores was two years out of date.

The NHS has too many ‘filling their faces cream cake eaters’ doing shit jobs and then taking big fat pay off from the trusts when the people on the ground like nurses and doctors are treated appallingly !

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"So, we were told that the vaccine would be the route back to normality and now with a majority of adults jabbed up another lockdown later in the year is being hinted at. Is it me or does something not really add up.

Oh god, not you aswell?"

I have told you before, I am NOT God!!

What I think is that we can't keep relying on blunt, broad tactics like lockdown. Surely we have had enough time to think of better thought out and effective strategies.

Plus, continually moving goal posts will result in less public confidence in government and The Science and more people disregarding restrictions imposed.

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

Errr pretty obvious

Indeed. Euro 2020 semis/final, F1 and Wimbledon to have big crowds, but not other events large or small.

It's almost as if the Government are cherry picking those events seen by a worldwide audience to present a false reality that things are pretty normal here and they aren’t withholding our basic rights with no justification."

What basic rights are being witheld ? We can meet with family and friends, go to work, work at home, travel in the UK, buy food, buy and sell property. Can you elaborate as i am at a loss to understand this comment.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Think we all at a loss Luv

Hubby wanted to go to motorbike racing at donnington but only so many allowed then saw all this football shite and was well pissed off

Confused is the word

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

What basic rights are being witheld ? We can meet with family and friends, go to work, work at home, travel in the UK, buy food, buy and sell property. Can you elaborate as i am at a loss to understand this comment. "

Go on holiday abroad. Visit relatives who live abroad. Do a Park Run. Go to Adult Education classes. Go to a music _estival. Play in a swingers club. Go to the toilet in a restaurant without wearing a mask. Stand at the bar in a pub. Etc ...

Leeds

Oh and dance, or sing in a choir. Go to a nightclub.

Lancashire

Errr pretty obvious

It's almost as if the Government are cherry picking those events seen by a worldwide audience to present a false reality that things are pretty normal here and they aren’t withholding our basic rights with no justification.

What basic rights are being witheld ? We can meet with family and friends, go to work, work at home, travel in the UK, buy food, buy and sell property. Can you elaborate as i am at a loss to understand this comment. "

So you are limited to number of people in your house, have to test your kids to send them to school ,wear a piece of cloth over your face, can’t open your business, or its heavily restricted,your office is closed, you can’t see a doctor face to face, can’t travel overseas or visit a sick relative.. and you think this is normal?

"It’s like a playground in here at times. "

No, people have fun in a playground.

Dartford

"

What basic rights are being witheld ? We can meet with family and friends, go to work, work at home, travel in the UK, buy food, buy and sell property. Can you elaborate as i am at a loss to understand this comment.

Go on holiday abroad. Visit relatives who live abroad. Do a Park Run. Go to Adult Education classes. Go to a music _estival. Play in a swingers club. Go to the toilet in a restaurant without wearing a mask. Stand at the bar in a pub. Etc ..."

These are hardly basic rights though. Education being the exception but this can be delivered online. I have completed first aid training online, with a socially distanced practical, attended another face to face course as well,so these things are possible at the moment. The rest we can do with a bit of mitigation but again these aren't basic rights that are being repressed.

"

My comments still stand - if that's the society you want to live in then crack on.

Most of us simply don't. And won't."

You might believe that to be the case, but, in Japan certainly, that's not true. As soon as the flu season starts, the masks come out because they see it as highly impolite to spread any virus that they might be carrying - you'd affect the productivity of many people. It's seen as a civic duty there. Here, we don't care and that's rather sad.

Leeds

"

but again these aren't basic rights that are being repressed. "

Surely it is a basic right to be able to visit your parents or children, even if they live in a different country

Dartford

Errr pretty obvious

So you are limited to number of people in your house, have to test your kids to send them to school ,wear a piece of cloth over your face, can’t open your business, or its heavily restricted,your office is closed, you can’t see a doctor face to face, can’t travel overseas or visit a sick relative.. and you think this is normal? "

The post was that our basic rights were being witheld not whether it is normal or not, whatever normal is. It a matter of just doing things differently. If you want to see a Dr, you can (i have). You can travel oversees to see a sick relative too (i haven't). Hopefully it will build some resilience in this country so that people don't always expect to have their arses wiped for them and can actually think for themselves.

merseyside

"

Go on holiday abroad. Visit relatives who live abroad. Do a Park Run. Go to Adult Education classes. Go to a music _estival. Play in a swingers club. Go to the toilet in a restaurant without wearing a mask. Stand at the bar in a pub. Etc ..."

Go to the toilet without wearing a mask.

A absolute infringement of my human rights.

Brought a smile to my face before I head off to work.

Have fun.

Dartford

"

but again these aren't basic rights that are being repressed.

Surely it is a basic right to be able to visit your parents or children, even if they live in a different country"

Not if the risk of doing so could potentially risk other peoples lives , no.

Lancashire

Errr pretty obvious

So you are limited to number of people in your house, have to test your kids to send them to school ,wear a piece of cloth over your face, can’t open your business, or its heavily restricted,your office is closed, you can’t see a doctor face to face, can’t travel overseas or visit a sick relative.. and you think this is normal?

The post was that our basic rights were being witheld not whether it is normal or not, whatever normal is. It a matter of just doing things differently. If you want to see a Dr, you can (i have). You can travel oversees to see a sick relative too (i haven't). Hopefully it will build some resilience in this country so that people don't always expect to have their arses wiped for them and can actually think for themselves. "

Oh the irony…

Leeds

"

Not if the risk of doing so could potentially risk other peoples lives , no. "

Anyone driving potentially risks killing someone but we don't ban all cars

Fuck that. I will not be following a winter lockdown. They can shut what they like but I won’t stop seeing family or friends.

I think its pretty much nailed on that we are heading for another lockdown . If not there is no way that restrictions will be lifted this yr .

The Indian variant is in the UK purely because of Johnsons incompetence

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period

Hopefully this will have taught us not to go into work with things like flu, colds etc.... as it really helped last year. "

Should people not be washing their hands regardless of any virus. The amount of times I witness people using public toilets without doing so is frightening and it's not a new thing I've noticed recently either.

By *jhj69Couple  over a year ago

sale

This is the sort of asinine stupidity that makes me wonder about people. Having lived in at least three countries with dictators, pseudo dictators or one party states (Ethiopia in the 80’s, Philippines under Marcos and Algeria in the 70’s), this statement is one of the dumbest and most offensive so far. You’re being asked to do something as part of a public health measure. You don’t live under a dictatorship. Don’t like the government? Vote another one in at the next election.

Dartford

"

Anyone driving potentially risks killing someone but we don't ban all cars"

The comments are in relation to spreading a virus not about general day to day risks. So you are right but it is out of context.

sale

"

Anyone driving potentially risks killing someone but we don't ban all cars"

No we don’t. We have really strict rules around their use and operation. Mots, driving tests, rules of the road, speed limits. You know, putting measures in to make driving cars safer so less people die on the roads.

Dartford

"

No we don’t. We have really strict rules around their use and operation. Mots, driving tests, rules of the road, speed limits. You know, putting measures in to make driving cars safer so less people die on the roads. "

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

This is the sort of asinine stupidity that makes me wonder about people. Having lived in at least three countries with dictators, pseudo dictators or one party states (Ethiopia in the 80’s, Philippines under Marcos and Algeria in the 70’s), this statement is one of the dumbest and most offensive so far. You’re being asked to do something as part of a public health measure. You don’t live under a dictatorship. Don’t like the government? Vote another one in at the next election. "

"

but again these aren't basic rights that are being repressed.

Surely it is a basic right to be able to visit your parents or children, even if they live in a different country"

Hence the Indian delta strain and there bubbles of 300 and no lockdown of flights that's why we're in this bloody mess again

You can't educate some people can you!

"

No we don’t. We have really strict rules around their use and operation. Mots, driving tests, rules of the road, speed limits. You know, putting measures in to make driving cars safer so less people die on the roads.

"

...and restrictions to our "freedom" like having to wear seat belts, and not being allowed to drive when d*unk.

Blimey, very similar to masks, and self-isolation. Yet no-one cries about those attacks against our basic rights.

sale

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 08:20:44]

sale

"

...and restrictions to our "freedom" like having to wear seat belts, and not being allowed to drive when d*unk.

Blimey, very similar to masks, and self-isolation. Yet no-one cries about those attacks against our basic rights.

"

"

We don’t now but back when drink driving rules were introduced and then when seatbelts were made compulsory in the front seat and then later on the back, people did complain about “Losing their freedoms” of course they look stupid now. It’s almost like history repeating itself. The main issue is too many people only look at how the world impacts on them and don’t look at their impact on the world.

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

"

There's been scientific studies carried out and one fact I recall was that in some mens loos the numbers of germs on door handles indicated that less than one in five users were actually washing their hands after using the facilities..

I was in the gents the other night. One guy had a pee then walked over to hand dryer and dried his hands without bothering to wash them.

Maybe he thinks dyson dryers are that good."

So he'd basically pissed on his hands

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

"

We don’t now but back when drink driving rules were introduced and then when seatbelts were made compulsory in the front seat and then later on the back, people did complain about “Losing their freedoms” of course they look stupid now. It’s almost like history repeating itself. The main issue is too many people only look at how the world impacts on them and don’t look at their impact on the world."

Excellent point and well said.

Manchester (she/her)

"

"

We don’t now but back when drink driving rules were introduced and then when seatbelts were made compulsory in the front seat and then later on the back, people did complain about “Losing their freedoms” of course they look stupid now. It’s almost like history repeating itself. The main issue is too many people only look at how the world impacts on them and don’t look at their impact on the world."

Yup

Dartford

I am relieved to know that there are people in this world who have a sensible outlook whilst still being able to be batshitcrazy at the same time #faithrestored. Thank you.

merseyside

"I dont think there will be a full lockdown but after seeing how much social distancing and masks helped prevent so much other sickness ( ie flu, norovirus etc) over the last winter... I would expect masks and hand washing etc and maybe even social distancing to be enforced over the winter period

Hopefully this will have taught us not to go into work with things like flu, colds etc.... as it really helped last year. Should people not be washing their hands regardless of any virus. The amount of times I witness people using public toilets without doing so is frightening and it's not a new thing I've noticed recently either. "

Totally agree.

Basic hygiene has gone to the wall.

Sadly, from what I see in ladies toilets, we are worse than the gents, at least according to Paul.

Worse still, is mums not encouraging their kids to wash hands.

My dad was always making us wash before eating and after going to toilet.

Before someone barks, it's not everyone.

"Hopefully it will build some resilience in this country so that people don't always expect to have their arses wiped for them and can actually think for themselves. "

Yes I'm sure people will learn how to think for themselves by specifically being denied that luxury by having (often mental) rules thrust upon them.

Herne Bay

Hopefully this will have taught us not to go into work with things like flu, colds etc.... as it really helped last year. Should people not be washing their hands regardless of any virus. The amount of times I witness people using public toilets without doing so is frightening and it's not a new thing I've noticed recently either.

Totally agree.

Basic hygiene has gone to the wall.

Sadly, from what I see in ladies toilets, we are worse than the gents, at least according to Paul.

Worse still, is mums not encouraging their kids to wash hands.

My dad was always making us wash before eating and after going to toilet.

Before someone barks, it's not everyone. "

If you don’t go to work with a cold in winter soon be getting the sack as most firms operate sickness policy

Dudley

"

Not basic human rights at all. You seem to be under the impression that anything you WANT is a basic right, totally not true.

stafford

Yes

Question

Riddle me this!

Then think about your comment

Most of us simply don't. And won't."

Im not so sure thats right on both counts.

Its considered commin courtesy to wear a mask if you are sick or ill with a respiratory illness..Dome companies insist on it!

Airborne viruses arent as efficient at latching on to other people that way and making them ill.. Surprise surprise masks work !

My personal opinion is we need to see more mask wearing during flu season for example not difficult to do and clearly effective.

Secondly.. I think you may find you are in a minority group as someone who is refusing to wear a face covering ( actually peole need to wear a surgicak mask not a bit of cloth tbh) .. So'most' doesnt amount to that many really if you think about it maybe? ..

Dartford

"Hopefully it will build some resilience in this country so that people don't always expect to have their arses wiped for them and can actually think for themselves.

Yes I'm sure people will learn how to think for themselves by specifically being denied that luxury by having (often mental) rules thrust upon them."

If you cut and paste the whole thread it provides the whole narrative not selective parts. However, i don't see how the guidelines stopped people from thinking.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes

Im not so sure even the covid rules cheerleaders i know are now asking why we aint opening up as deaths are so low"

Lockdown should be mandatory for all (except those exempt) who are not vaccinated.

Dudley

"Hopefully it will build some resilience in this country so that people don't always expect to have their arses wiped for them and can actually think for themselves.

Yes I'm sure people will learn how to think for themselves by specifically being denied that luxury by having (often mental) rules thrust upon them."

Ah yes, those rules designed to protect people, how fucking dare they!

Yes I'm sure people will learn how to think for themselves by specifically being denied that luxury by having (often mental) rules thrust upon them.

Ah yes, those rules designed to protect people, how fucking dare they! "

Spot on again with all your comments. Couldn't agree more.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

You only have yourselves to blame when they lock you down again.

You’ve set a precedent, enabled their behaviour and continue to support it.

"You only have yourselves to blame when they lock you down again.

"

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"

We will only have ourselves to blame if we are careless and don’t take the necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.

If everyone decides to be careless, then we can’t blame the government for locking us down again.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"

Yes x

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Why don't we all just ignore this OP. He is just throwing all sorts of subjects in to try and wind everybody up. Ignore him and maybe he will go away,

"Why don't we all just ignore this OP. He is just throwing all sorts of subjects in to try and wind everybody up. Ignore him and maybe he will go away,"

His choice to post

Dudley

We will only have ourselves to blame if we are careless and don’t take the necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.

If everyone decides to be careless, then we can’t blame the government for locking us down again. "

Agreed.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I will hope to see masks bearing worn, because an individual has cold or flu. Sharing is not caring.

I'm done with lockdowns now so they might bring one in but I'll still be seeing my friends and family if they are still happy to see me

Enough has to be enough once we are all jabbed

"I'm done with lockdowns now so they might bring one in but I'll still be seeing my friends and family if they are still happy to see me

Enough has to be enough once we are all jabbed "

I really hope not. My and other people's mental health just can't take any more

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

See the trick would be to have the flu jab and the covid booster jab at the same time and see what happens…

I could see shutting down “January” would be an interesting concept

"It was reported on the world service other day boris has said we may have to have another winter lockdown .so get reddy for it now folks

See the trick would be to have the flu jab and the covid booster jab at the same time and see what happens…

"

I'd be happy with that, bloody hate January!

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"

Stuck indoors on furlough?

We’ve got a sweepstake in work as to when the next lockdown will be. Most of us have gone with mid September

Stuck indoors on furlough?

"

My job has always been working from home, so it didn't cross my mind.

But I'd not wish that on everyone else.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Being stood up for a winter Covid booster alongside the flu jab, NHS have been warned to expect a winter of virus transmission if the masks and social distancing are no longer a thing, have we learned no lessons from this bastard thing?

"Being stood up for a winter Covid booster alongside the flu jab, NHS have been warned to expect a winter of virus transmission if the masks and social distancing are no longer a thing, have we learned no lessons from this bastard thing?

"

And this afternoon government ministers saying they will be throwing away their masks on the 19th. If the rules now change it's going to be hard to take that back...

Manchester (she/her)

"Being stood up for a winter Covid booster alongside the flu jab, NHS have been warned to expect a winter of virus transmission if the masks and social distancing are no longer a thing, have we learned no lessons from this bastard thing?

And this afternoon government ministers saying they will be throwing away their masks on the 19th. If the rules now change it's going to be hard to take that back..."

And yet... *Sigh*

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Maybe he thinks dyson dryers are that good."

Stephanie, what were you doing in the gents! Perhaps it was the shock of seeing a lady such as yourself in there that made this fellow forget to wash his hands!

"

And this afternoon government ministers saying they will be throwing away their masks on the 19th. If the rules now change it's going to be hard to take that back..."

:Clap:

» Add a new message to this topic