FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid restrictions

Covid restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erry 1 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

Why has Scotland now moved to August 9th now for freedom Day? I'm sure England will follow. Will it ever end?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hopefully will never end, lockdowns for life

"Hopefully will never end, lockdowns for life "

Zero Covid strategy

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Why has Scotland now moved to August 9th now for freedom Day? I'm sure England will follow. Will it ever end?"

There will be very few restrictions up to that date, I think it's a sensible decision as it gives more people a chance to get vaccinated.

Lol

"Hopefully will never end, lockdowns for life "

This. Viva la lockdowns. Whoop.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Why do people like lockdowns? I cannot understand that mentality?

Dudley

"Why do people like lockdowns? I cannot understand that mentality?"

What makes you think people like them?

I think the vibe on the virus forum makes people think others like them.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

[Removed by poster at 22/06/21 20:52:29]

nr spalding

I don't think any of us like them but the restrictions are kind of a nessecery evil until we have enough vaccinated to give us a good chance of heard immunity which will reduce the risk of larger outbreaks which would force us back in to restrictions again.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Hopefully will never end, lockdowns for life

Zero Covid strategy "

Yes don't think so mate... Having 60k people at Wembley matches isn't the right way to achieve zero covid.

Tin town

People don't. It's covid that's the enemy.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hints of ours being lifted on the 5th July

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Zero Covid strategy

Yes don't think so mate... Having 60k people at Wembley matches isn't the right way to achieve zero covid. "

It seems they have to have a negative test or double jabbed

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Why do people like lockdowns? I cannot understand that mentality?

I don't think any of us like them but the restrictions are kind of a nessecery evil until we have enough vaccinated to give us a good chance of heard immunity which will reduce the risk of larger outbreaks which would force us back in to restrictions again."

Can't hear you

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Which people?

Not seeing grand children for over 8 months, there's nothing to like about that but it was necessary..

Tin town

Zero Covid strategy

Yes don't think so mate... Having 60k people at Wembley matches isn't the right way to achieve zero covid.

It seems they have to have a negative test or double jabbed"

Sure... Have you spoken to anyone who's been to any of the "test" events about what gets checked upon entry?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I can see restrictions in place for a long time, as we keep hearing about a new strain that has appeared over here. There are quite a few countries, that haven't given us their version yet.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Zero Covid strategy

Sure... Have you spoken to anyone who's been to any of the "test" events about what gets checked upon entry? "

It sounds like I in court for questioning

I was just commenting on what I read, I wasn't claiming to know anyone who has been or know exactly what goes on so I am not sure why that question

However when the Liverpool events were ongoing everyone had to show their negative test on their phone on entry

Tin town

Zero Covid strategy

Sure... Have you spoken to anyone who's been to any of the "test" events about what gets checked upon entry?

I was just commenting on what I read, I wasn't claiming to know anyone who has been or know exactly what goes on so I am not sure why that question

However when the Liverpool events were ongoing everyone had to show their negative test on their phone on entry

"

Haha... Instruct the witness to answer m'lud! No.. Just from what I hear (and I know a few who have attended) there are very few checks. I think it's a other of those... This is what you're supposed to do and we trust you to do it... Type things.. Like the isolate when arriving from India

in Lancashire

Zero Covid strategy

Haha... Instruct the witness to answer m'lud! No.. Just from what I hear (and I know a few who have attended) there are very few checks. I think it's a other of those... This is what you're supposed to do and we trust you to do it... Type things.. Like the isolate when arriving from India "

We know that friends of one of our nieces went to the event in Liverpool and it was according to them well monitored, negative test to enter and repeat testing I think two, five and ten days after ..

I think with organised events such as that, theres an incentive on all sides to adhere to such things to ensure there's a future for such .

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Zero Covid strategy

Haha... Instruct the witness to answer m'lud! No.. Just from what I hear (and I know a few who have attended) there are very few checks. I think it's a other of those... This is what you're supposed to do and we trust you to do it... Type things.. Like the isolate when arriving from India "

Obviously unless someone is stood there watching they wouldn't know if everyone was checked, however what I did see at those events and football matches that were on the News they were checking everyone going in

I just think too much at once , going from 20000 to 60000 but I think there are other things at play here...there were people quite rightly complaining that 2500 VIP's coming in from other countries for the final who wanted to without quarantining , double standards was being shouted so now we have 60000 allowed.

I hope it doesn't backfire

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I’m loving being in lockdown hope it last till next year

Tin town

Zero Covid strategy

Haha... Instruct the witness to answer m'lud! No.. Just from what I hear (and I know a few who have attended) there are very few checks. I think it's a other of those... This is what you're supposed to do and we trust you to do it... Type things.. Like the isolate when arriving from India

We know that friends of one of our nieces went to the event in Liverpool and it was according to them well monitored, negative test to enter and repeat testing I think two, five and ten days after ..

I think with organised events such as that, theres an incentive on all sides to adhere to such things to ensure there's a future for such ."

Oh sure... And if they'd only allowed 1500 in and followed the same process... But they haven't.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Wait till I get to Silverstone next month for British GP ... full house 125,000 there ...

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

No it’s gonna be 140,000 there .... full capacity

Tin town

Zero Covid strategy

I think with organised events such as that, theres an incentive on all sides to adhere to such things to ensure there's a future for such .

Oh sure... And if they'd only allowed 1500 in and followed the same process... But they haven't. "

When they did the test events in Liverpool they made the outcome available. 15 new infections I think wasn't it from 60000 attendees at however many events it was.

It will be interesting to see if they publish figures for these "test'events.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Zero Covid strategy

Yes don't think so mate... Having 60k people at Wembley matches isn't the right way to achieve zero covid. "

FIFA have threatened to move the final to Bulgaria unless they allow more fans into Wembley, nothing to do with covid restrictions!!

"Why has Scotland now moved to August 9th now for freedom Day? I'm sure England will follow. Will it ever end?"

Seem a like competition btw englands wales scotland politician to see who can make this last the longest

The only people who like lockdowns are those on ferlow and those working from home.

Only Self employed, business owners and lower paid workers understand what damage this is doing to the country and the people.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Why has Scotland now moved to August 9th now for freedom Day? I'm sure England will follow. Will it ever end?

Seem a like competition btw englands wales scotland politician to see who can make this last the longest"

It seems to me more like Sturgeon takes every opportunity to undermine/out do Boris.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Restrictions or vaccines - take your choice. In a fantasy world, I'd need nether of them.

But I'll do my bit for us all to be safer and escape awful lockdowns, as easily as possible.

because they get paid for doing nowt! Lazy shit arses!

We have the coming climate lockdowns to look forward to

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god

Tin town

"Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god "

I've tried to follow the rules and support. But there are so many mixed messages now and so clearly led by interest groups that they have lost any credibility they may have had. And when the inevitable lock down is needed in autumn / winter they are going to have a hell of a job getting any level of participation. Beyond locking up kids and old people again.

We are worried about the Delta variant.. So we will have 60k people at Wembley and a full crowd at Wimbledon... Yep... Makes perfect sense.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Unbelievable they are considering scrapping quarantine for VIPs coming to watch the football from overseas

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god "
Thank God Normal life is returned, let’s ditch the smelly Muzzle and get holidays back , the Vaccine works but seems like some don’t want to believe that

Tin town

"Unbelievable they are considering scrapping quarantine for VIPs coming to watch the football from overseas "

Yes and vips family's and friends. Fills you with a warm cuddly feeling doesn't it?

By *0 S O GMan  over a year ago

portsmouth

I hate lock down can't wait for it to end

The only people who like lockdowns are those on ferlow and those working from home.

Only Self employed, business owners and lower paid workers understand what damage this is doing to the country and the people. "

We are the laughing -stock of the World right now, most U.S states are pretty much back to normal as they have local politicians who decide,(rather than scientists with their own financial agenda or behavoural psychologists), a lot of Europe is too,- after all our bragging of our "amazing" vac programme we are are worse off now than last summer, and the foundations being laid for another winter of lockdown, if people want to hide they can do, but many businesses cant plan ahead,and on the brink, and the number of people with treatable illnesses who cant get seen,are dying in far greater numbers than c19, let alone the mental health fall-out.

Tin town

Only Self employed, business owners and lower paid workers understand what damage this is doing to the country and the people.

We are the laughing -stock of the World right now, most U.S states are pretty much back to normal as they have local politicians who decide,(rather than scientists with their own financial agenda or behavoural psychologists), a lot of Europe is too,- after all our bragging of our "amazing" vac programme we are are worse off now than last summer, and the foundations being laid for another winter of lockdown, if people want to hide they can do, but many businesses cant plan ahead,and on the brink, and the number of people with treatable illnesses who cant get seen,are dying in far greater numbers than c19, let alone the mental health fall-out."

Deaths are lower than our 5 year average according to ons.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, it does feel like we live in a parallel world doesnt it.

"

Yes it is really only them who understands the damage of what the lockdowns are doing, keep it business as usual, lockdowns dont work.

Yes it is really only them who understands the damage of what the lockdowns are doing, keep it business as usual, lockdowns dont work."

In all fairness there's no lockdown presently it's the restrictions that's crippling businesses, you've got to feel for those people.

Dudley

Yes it is really only them who understands the damage of what the lockdowns are doing, keep it business as usual, lockdowns dont work."

The data has shown repeatedly that they do exactly what was intended. You not agreeing with lockdowns doesn't mean they don't work.

Dudley

"Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god Thank God Normal life is returned, let’s ditch the smelly Muzzle and get holidays back , the Vaccine works but seems like some don’t want to believe that "

If your mask is smelly you should wash it.

Dudley

We are the laughing -stock of the World right now, most U.S states are pretty much back to normal as they have local politicians who decide,(rather than scientists with their own financial agenda or behavoural psychologists), a lot of Europe is too,- after all our bragging of our "amazing" vac programme we are are worse off now than last summer, and the foundations being laid for another winter of lockdown, if people want to hide they can do, but many businesses cant plan ahead,and on the brink, and the number of people with treatable illnesses who cant get seen,are dying in far greater numbers than c19, let alone the mental health fall-out."

How are we worse off now than last summer?

Yes it is really only them who understands the damage of what the lockdowns are doing, keep it business as usual, lockdowns dont work.

In all fairness there's no lockdown presently it's the restrictions that's crippling businesses, you've got to feel for those people. "

Yes, it is more the restrictions and yes I do feel as well for those people, if it continues not many will be left and many have to make difficult decisions about their businesses.

And therein lies the problem. You and your fellow pub mates are the problem. Put a mask on, better still stay at home and have a drink there. It won't kill you to stay at home, but Covid might.

I loved them honestly loved them I work all over the country and with out speeding could do 70 miles in one hour do you realise how hard that is out side lock down and anouther shocker.....I managed to drive down a country lane on a Sunday and actually go national speed limit so either lock downs for life or everyone other than me stop driving also nail on coffin for lockdowns... did m25 on a Monday morning with out hitting any traffic.

Lockdowns do clearly work. Indisputable data to demonstrate this, even with only the minor restrictions which have been imposed in this country they have worked. What hasn't worked is the policing of those minor restrictions against the selfish morons who refuse to adhere to them.

Zero Covid strategy

Yet pregnant woman have to get to 4cm dilated before they are allowed a birth partner. They are having too be induced alone and dads can only see baby for 2 hours a day after until discharged…. Yet 60k people can go to a football match

portchester

Zero Covid strategy

Yet pregnant woman have to get to 4cm dilated before they are allowed a birth partner. They are having too be induced alone and dads can only see baby for 2 hours a day after until discharged…. Yet 60k people can go to a football match "

This is really terrible

Leeds

People are being told they have terminal cancer without someone with them to support them

portchester

"People are being told they have terminal cancer without someone with them to support them"

There’s no excuse for this to happen virus or not

Tin town

"People are being told they have terminal cancer without someone with them to support them"

Why?

in Lancashire

"People are being told they have terminal cancer without someone with them to support them

There’s no excuse for this to happen virus or not "

Agreed..

Simply inexcusable..

Leeds

"People are being told they have terminal cancer without someone with them to support them

Why? "

You can't have anyone with you at hospital appointment

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

"Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god

And therein lies the problem. You and your fellow pub mates are the problem. Put a mask on, better still stay at home and have a drink there. It won't kill you to stay at home, but Covid might."

Covid won't kill you. We've got a 99.98% chance of survival. Masks will kill you. Mums in Florida recently sent their kids masks to the lab and there was allsorts of dangerous pathogens in them !. ...the ones that can kill you.

Leeds

Why are kids wearing masks ?

Tin town

Why?

You can't have anyone with you at hospital appointment"

As has been said. That's down to nhs policy. They can fix that if they want to.

leeds

"Why are kids wearing masks ?"

Kids were mandated to wear them in schools in Florida. Kids here wear them, for example when they get on bus to school.

"Watching the news is looking at a parallel universe, all they go on about are restrictions and testing and we can’t do this and groups of 6 inside ……… but in the real world none of this is happening, we have move on and are back to normal, even at our local village pub we stand at the bar and not a mask in sight…… thank god

And therein lies the problem. You and your fellow pub mates are the problem. Put a mask on, better still stay at home and have a drink there. It won't kill you to stay at home, but Covid might.

Covid won't kill you. We've got a 99.98% chance of survival. Masks will kill you. Mums in Florida recently sent their kids masks to the lab and there was allsorts of dangerous pathogens in them !. ...the ones that can kill you. "

Tell that to the million plus dead people....or you could just wash your mask (if appropriate) or wear a new one....as per the advice. Its not difficult. See if you follow the advice and recommendations your comment is rather mute and stupid.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Covid won't kill you. We've got a 99.98% chance of survival. Masks will kill you. Mums in Florida recently sent their kids masks to the lab and there was allsorts of dangerous pathogens in them !. ...the ones that can kill you. "

There's all sorts of dangerous pathogens in your socks that will kill you, if you don't wash them or change them for new ones once in a while...

in Lancashire

Millions of people globally are wearing masks daily, hundreds of thousands of health care professionals globally are wearing masks as we speak..

No one is dying from wearing masks..

The mods should remove such complete drivel..

leeds

Covid won't kill you. We've got a 99.98% chance of survival. Masks will kill you. Mums in Florida recently sent their kids masks to the lab and there was allsorts of dangerous pathogens in them !. ...the ones that can kill you.

Tell that to the million plus dead people....or you could just wash your mask (if appropriate) or wear a new one....as per the advice. Its not difficult. See if you follow the advice and recommendations your comment is rather mute and stupid."

People don't wash masks or put a new one on. Some might but many don't. Get with what's happening in the real world instead of blurting out garbage.

leeds

There's all sorts of dangerous pathogens in your socks that will kill you, if you don't wash them or change them for new ones once in a while..."

You might wrap your filthy smelly socks around your mouth but I don't.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Tell that to the million plus dead people....or you could just wash your mask (if appropriate) or wear a new one....as per the advice. Its not difficult. See if you follow the advice and recommendations your comment is rather mute and stupid.

People don't wash masks or put a new one on. Some might but many don't. Get with what's happening in the real world instead of blurting out garbage. "

If the real world involves not washing your clothes, then I'm quite happy to live in my hygienic fantasy land

nr spalding

Millions of people globally are wearing masks daily, hundreds of thousands of health care professionals globally are wearing masks as we speak..

Fact : there are dangerous pathogens in masks that you breathe into your lungs that you can potentially die from."

No such fact, I have worn masks and respirators for years and the only thing that has happened is I haven't inhaled toxic dust and fumes. If this is fact please supply links to substantiate your claims

nr spalding

There's all sorts of dangerous pathogens in your socks that will kill you, if you don't wash them or change them for new ones once in a while..."

is that what you are ment to do when they stick to the wall?

Fact : there are dangerous pathogens in masks that you breathe into your lungs that you can potentially die from."

And there is this thing called covid which you are far more likely to catch and die from than a pathogen in a mask which you should wash or change on each use.

leeds

Fact : there are dangerous pathogens in masks that you breathe into your lungs that you can potentially die from.

And there is this thing called covid which you are far more likely to catch and die from than a pathogen in a mask which you should wash or change on each use."

A mask is not going to stop you from catching Covid. If you were to fart through a mask, you would smell it. Now if a fart can get through, so can Covid.

Manchester (she/her)

Fact : there are dangerous pathogens in masks that you breathe into your lungs that you can potentially die from.

And there is this thing called covid which you are far more likely to catch and die from than a pathogen in a mask which you should wash or change on each use.

A mask is not going to stop you from catching Covid. If you were to fart through a mask, you would smell it. Now if a fart can get through, so can Covid."

Do you have any evidence for your claim or is this just an argument from incredulity?

Along with "some people are filthy beggars therefore masks are worse than Covid"?

leeds

No such fact, I have worn masks and respirators for years and the only thing that has happened is I haven't inhaled toxic dust and fumes. If this is fact please supply links to substantiate your claims "

If you have worn masks for years then can I suggest that you wear one for a few hours and then have it tested in a lab. You might learn something new. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself.

leeds

A mask is not going to stop you from catching Covid. If you were to fart through a mask, you would smell it. Now if a fart can get through, so can Covid.

Do you have any evidence for your claim or is this just an argument from incredulity?

Along with "some people are filthy beggars therefore masks are worse than Covid"?"

You can blow cigarette smoke through a mask ! Need I say more. Seems like common sense is not so common these days.

Manchester (she/her)

Along with "some people are filthy beggars therefore masks are worse than Covid"?

You can blow cigarette smoke through a mask ! Need I say more. Seems like common sense is not so common these days. "

Common sense is not a substitute for evidence

nr spalding

No such fact, I have worn masks and respirators for years and the only thing that has happened is I haven't inhaled toxic dust and fumes. If this is fact please supply links to substantiate your claims

If you have worn masks for years then can I suggest that you wear one for a few hours and then have it tested in a lab. You might learn something new. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself. "

I don't need to, I know how to look after masks and what the maximum usage limits are for the masks that I wear, along with this the masks that I wear around the shops and things are rotated and washed on a daily basis, if you wear anything until it is going green and manky inside then yes you may well find nasty stuff in there but hygiene is the key to stopping the spread of a lot of things, it just seems that this little piece of common sense is ignored by people that are looking for reasons to "free the face" or "ban face nappies" since you haven't yet supplied evidence of your claims there is nothing to prove that the masks tested had ever been cleaned to the manufacturers specifications or even washed as normal soap and water will kill a lot of things, or where not single use masks that had infact been worn for multiple days or even by multiple people for multiple days just to create a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria.

leeds

AI'm therein lies the problem. You and your fellow pub mates are the problem. Put a mask on, better still stay at home and have a drink there. It won't kill you to stay at home, but Covid might.

You can blow cigarette smoke through a mask ! Need I say more. Seems like common sense is not so common these days.

Common sense is not a substitute for evidence "

If you don't want to use your common sense (or lack of) then that's fine by me. Let me leave you with something to ponder.....There's no evidence that God exists but try telling that to the billions of people around the world that there is no god !

No restrictions here in Philadelphia. Maskless for 2+ weeks now.

Feel bad for all of you mask wearers still on lockdown

I’ve been looking at what the government have been saying and it’s looking like England could receive another lockdown in august with the amount of cases rising

Dudley

"I’ve been looking at what the government have been saying and it’s looking like England could receive another lockdown in august with the amount of cases rising"

Source?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

If you have worn masks for years then can I suggest that you wear one for a few hours and then have it tested in a lab. You might learn something new. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself. "

If you get a brand new or washed sterile mask, and have it tested, you will find that it is sterile.

If you then wear it for a few hours and have it tested, you might find all sorts of stuff trapped in the fibres of the mask.

Where has that stuff come from? It has come from the air that you have breathed through the mask. If that stuff is on the mask, it's stuff that has not got into your lungs, or when breathing out, stuff that has come from your lungs and not got out to go into somebody else's lungs.

The stuff is on the mask because it has been filtered out of the air. If it hadn't been filtered out of the air, it wouldn't be in the mask, it would be in your lungs or somebody else's lungs. The mask has done what it is supposed to do. It has reduced the amount of germs and other crud that you and everyone else is breathing in.

The manufacturer of the mask gives instructions saying either use a new mask each time, or for washable masks, use a clean washed mask each time. If you don't use a new mask, or don't wash your mask, it is not the masks fault, it is not the manufacturers fault, it is your fault for not following the instructions.

In other news, knives are sharp and can give you a nasty cut if your misuse them, boiling water is hot and will hurt if you put your fingers in it, toilet roll is only intended for single use...

Can you please show me or point me in the right direction to see this indisputable data that states lockdowns work, it would be very very interesting to see it.