FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > There's definitely a virus out there and I believe in some of the conspiracy theories.

There's definitely a virus out there and I believe in some of the conspiracy theories.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay, so this is my stance, my position, my belief.

There's a nasty, super nasty virus out there. I don't doubt that. It's a killer.

However, I can't help looking at the upward trend of Covid infections, the increasing hospitalisations being reported by marginal press, the delay of "freedom day" from June to July, the mention of fourth lockdown, of another winter spent isolated.

Comments welcome.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We’re all doomed.

"Okay, so this is my stance, my position, my belief.

There's a nasty, super nasty virus out there. I don't doubt that. It's a killer.

However, I can't help looking at the upward trend of Covid infections, the increasing hospitalisations being reported by marginal press, the delay of "freedom day" from June to July, the mention of fourth lockdown, of another winter spent isolated.

Comments welcome."

I think it’s the government’s incompetence rather than a conspiracy

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Comments welcome.

I think it’s the government’s incompetence rather than a conspiracy "

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Comments welcome.

Which one?

Comments welcome.

Which one?"

It DOES seem to be a worldwide problem. My local Lidl has been without tinned beans n sausage for soooo long now. Even Kim Jong Wonkper is getting the jitters.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Comments welcome."

I think it's all pretty logical. The lifting of restrictions was always expected to induce an increase of new cases. The positive uptake of vaccines has reduced the relative numbers needing hospital treatment... and obviously deaths.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Comments welcome.

Which one?"

We only have one ..

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

Comments welcome.

Which one?

We only have one .."

in the Uk we have 3, and the clowns in wm

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Comments welcome.

I would tend to agree with this, from what I see they have consistently reacted with too little too late and this in itself has led to the population having little to no faith in their decisions, personally I think if they had reacted to the pandemic in a similar way to the Asian countries with strong full on lock downs at the start of this we may have limited the spread faster and also limited the damage to the economy, mental health and the death toll

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Same party, same protagonist, I believe that in Brexit there was way more lying and manipulation than in Covid19.

The issue with Covid19 is that it is happening all over the world and now it seems that the Indian variant is of concern. Today the number of new cases in UK were the highest since February and 90% of the cases are of the Indian variant. In USA, the variant accounts already for 20%.

I believe the Covid19 situation in UK is more because of incompetence wheres Brexit was because of conspiracy. But in both cases, the people who fell for the Brexit conspiracy and are not taking the Covid19 situation seriously are also to blame.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

OP I don't get your position, other than that I we have a deadly virus.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Given number of people still awaiting to receive or against the vaccine this is going to help the virus mutate leaving those vaccinated to also be unwell and if we have international travel we'll have so many different types of the virus which could also be very deadly and even the vaccine be unable to protect

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

Comments welcome.

You are correct.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Comments welcome.

I think it’s a virus doing what virus do rather than incompetence or conspiracies

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Comments welcome.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

There are both:

1. A killer virus loose in the world, continually mutating, with the more contagious strains always being the ones to survive. It is in an evolutionary race against the vaccines, treatments and infection control measures that human beings are using to try to wipe it out. At this point it is unclear whether it will be virus or humans that win in the end. One thing that is apparent, is that there are probably more people infected with this disease, on nearly every continent of the earth, in a shorter time period than has ever happened before in history. Which means that this disease is getting more chance to mutate than any disease ever before in history.

2. An incompetent government sitting in Westminster, who have consistently delayed too long before doing too little. The only personal action that the government have proved to be effective at is giving multi-million pound contracts to their friends and relatives, with no oversight or penalty when those contracts have failed to return value for money. The single lauded success has been the vaccination programme, which has mainly relied on the goodwill of millions of citizens giving their time and effort to help implement the programme without expecting anything in return.

Given this, why is there any surprise whatsoever that Covid cases are again upon an upward trend? Frankly it will be a bloody miracle if the virus, and all its strains, is ever reduced even to being just a constant background threat. If the virus is ever wiped out, it will probably be because it has got bored and committed suicide, rather than because of any constructive effort of the current government.

liverpool

"There are both:

1. A killer virus loose in the world, continually mutating, with the more contagious strains always being the ones to survive. It is in an evolutionary race against the vaccines, treatments and infection control measures that human beings are using to try to wipe it out. At this point it is unclear whether it will be virus or humans that win in the end. One thing that is apparent, is that there are probably more people infected with this disease, on nearly every continent of the earth, in a shorter time period than has ever happened before in history. Which means that this disease is getting more chance to mutate than any disease ever before in history.

2. An incompetent government sitting in Westminster, who have consistently delayed too long before doing too little. The only personal action that the government have proved to be effective at is giving multi-million pound contracts to their friends and relatives, with no oversight or penalty when those contracts have failed to return value for money. The single lauded success has been the vaccination programme, which has mainly relied on the goodwill of millions of citizens giving their time and effort to help implement the programme without expecting anything in return.

Given this, why is there any surprise whatsoever that Covid cases are again upon an upward trend? Frankly it will be a bloody miracle if the virus, and all its strains, is ever reduced even to being just a constant background threat. If the virus is ever wiped out, it will probably be because it has got bored and committed suicide, rather than because of any constructive effort of the current government."

Spot on.

That utter shambles they made over the schools over Christmas seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

Comments welcome.

Which one?

We only have one .."

I don’t think our government are running the whole world are they?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

British government deliberately provocating Russia with that warship entering their waters today. Who and why ordered that. No covid enquiry. No Russian dossier. Nobody said brexit meant bankrupting British farmers with cheap Australian beef imports. No £350 million a week for the nhs. Major Tom and crowdfunder raising money for NHS PPE while Hancock and co lied daily about adequate supplies.Hancock’s neighbour awarded a multi million pound PPE contract We are being kept in the dark about slot.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Garbage in, garbage out.

It's a medical/scientific issue, so I source all of the data from reputable medical/scientific professional journals.

They don't cover conspiracy theory garbage, so it keeps the thinking clear of BS.

If you are uncertain and want to plug the gaps in your knowledge, you may be able to spend the rest of your life adding to your knowledge, if you focus your attention wisely, as reasonable and mature people do.

The politics is a different matter and can be covered elsewhere. It's clear that some countries political bent have put their citizens through worse conditions than were needed.

liverpool

Comments welcome.

Which one?

We only have one ..

I don’t think our government are running the whole world are they?"

Unless I'm very much mistaken we were not discussing the whole world

liverpool

"British government deliberately provocating Russia with that warship entering their waters today. Who and why ordered that. No covid enquiry. No Russian dossier. Nobody said brexit meant bankrupting British farmers with cheap Australian beef imports. No £350 million a week for the nhs. Major Tom and crowdfunder raising money for NHS PPE while Hancock and co lied daily about adequate supplies.Hancock’s neighbour awarded a multi million pound PPE contract We are being kept in the dark about slot. "

Completely coincidental I'm sure.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Comments welcome.

Which one?

We only have one ..

I don’t think our government are running the whole world are they?"

Thank fuck ..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Comments welcome.

Which one?

We only have one ..

I don’t think our government are running the whole world are they?

Thank fuck .."

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Comments welcome."

I would argue the main reason was the governments inability to act quickly.

Too much ' shilly shally' first lockdown was far too late. Boris and Chris W particularly watching what everyone else has been doing in countries like the Italy ( remember that and those scenes on the Tv) and generally still making the wrong choice by delaying things .That has cost a lot of peoples lives.. arguably far more than there should have been.No doubt the vaccine programme has been spot on though!

The worry is now to keep the death toll down as much as possible. Given its now possibility the worst one in Europe!

So, now much more caution and a realisation of what can happen if things get out of control/is stopping anyone taking risks opening too early .

Would be much more confidence in the future if everyone who was able to got vaccinated.. Likely because some wont trust or refuse it point blank it is slowing things down and limiting confidence to get things moving again..

Suspected winter variant would arguably be easier to manage if more people were double jabbed as herd immunity is not even close yet.

Cant be argued a lot of people have still managed to make a lot of money out it all though somehow ..

I do not have any any belief in all the conspiracy theories and the idea of the great re set is a little far fetched .. Though clearly through poor management and crazy decision making by lots of world leaders the way we live and work will need to change after all this forever .. Perhaps thats the one thing that might be positive in all this.. Better work life balance.. Less chasing the money more looking after eachother instead maybe?

??

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Could be worse !! and in the news today children will soon be forced to sing a cheerful song extolling the virtues of living here and waving flags ?? and is already being nicknamed " The Alex/Boris Youth movement " which has been tried before in various countries and most remembered is of course in a certain country we are about to face in a footieball comp and we all know how that ended and so cue the chants of "Engerland" and of course " 2..0 ...2..0" but there is a nastier virus around called .."Faux Patriotism " and can cause deep suffering long after the footieball has finished mainly shit hospitals/schools/roads and food shortages ?? and of course eye watering debt that the humble plucky poverty wage worker will be convinced to pay of by ...so if you feel a desire to buy a "Flag" made by other sweat shop wage earners working for 50p from sports direct ??( owned by a bloke who ..just google him and his form ??)

" Could be worse !! and in the news today children will soon be forced to sing a cheerful song extolling the virtues of living here and waving flags ?? and is already being nicknamed " The Alex/Boris Youth movement " which has been tried before in various countries and most remembered is of course in a certain country we are about to face in a footieball comp and we all know how that ended and so cue the chants of "Engerland" and of course " 2..0 ...2..0" but there is a nastier virus around called .."Faux Patriotism " and can cause deep suffering long after the footieball has finished mainly shit hospitals/schools/roads and food shortages ?? and of course eye watering debt that the humble plucky poverty wage worker will be convinced to pay of by ...so if you feel a desire to buy a "Flag" made by other sweat shop wage earners working for 50p from sports direct ??( owned by a bloke who ..just google him and his form ??)"

Nothing to add other than Belgium.

» Add a new message to this topic