FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Double standards

Double standards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *zzy69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

So apparently our health service leader thinks it’s ok to kiss people you don’t live with but a bride can’t dance with her dad in doors at her wedding!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So apparently our health service leader thinks it’s ok to kiss people you don’t live with but a bride can’t dance with her dad in doors at her wedding!

"

Rules for thee and not for me.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

There'll be a new Sec State for Health soon, one no doubt perhaps without multiple friends with no experience in supplying PPE who haven't profited massively via the VIP list..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"So apparently our health service leader thinks it’s ok to kiss people you don’t live with but a bride can’t dance with her dad in doors at her wedding!

"

Maybe they were in a bubble

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It'll give them a chance to boot him and pretend that the incompetence starts and stops with him

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Love the outrage. Not sure a quick fumble with his secretary was spreading wave 2 or 3...but maybe letting 40k passengers from India in testing positive at 5 % and many other policy decisions did. If we are going after him, do it for a good reason. Not one that many people on here are doing ie playing away.

"It'll give them a chance to boot him and pretend that the incompetence starts and stops with him "

I agree. The endgame was always going to be use Hancock as the patsy to take the fall for the whole shit-show.

Security Camera footage from within whitehall really can't just leak itself....

Manchester (she/her)

"It'll give them a chance to boot him and pretend that the incompetence starts and stops with him

I agree. The endgame was always going to be use Hancock as the patsy to take the fall for the whole shit-show.

Security Camera footage from within whitehall really can't just leak itself...."

Yup. Desperately convenient.

Cummings who? Wave what? Ooh scandal!

in Lancashire

"Love the outrage. Not sure a quick fumble with his secretary was spreading wave 2 or 3...but maybe letting 40k passengers from India in testing positive at 5 % and many other policy decisions did. If we are going after him, do it for a good reason. Not one that many people on here are doing ie playing away.

"

'We' aren't going for him, it's his own party doing the dirty..

Right from the start of this pandemic politicians and scientists like Ferguson Cummins and Ferrier do as I say not as I do.

Not one of theses parasites has lost a penny or pension contributions.

One rule for the elite and one for the plebs.

Tin town

"It'll give them a chance to boot him and pretend that the incompetence starts and stops with him

Security Camera footage from within whitehall really can't just leak itself...."

Yep those sneaky leaky security fuckers need to get sent to the tower. If they can leak a sex tape imagine what they'd do if really put under pressure.?

As for the minister.. Getting a new incumbent now...? Not sure that's going to help the country. Let's wait till the wave is really high and hospitals filling up and England get knocked out by Germany and then pull the trigger.

Do as I say NOT as I do

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It'll give them a chance to boot him and pretend that the incompetence starts and stops with him "

"

Sorry but these clown rules make absolutely no sense at all now, a father can not dance with his daughter at her wedding?

liverpool

The irony of a party headed by boris Johnson sacking a minister for having an affair is off the scale.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Sorry but these clown rules make absolutely no sense at all now, a father can not dance with his daughter at her wedding?

"

The only dancing allowed at a wedding is one dance between bride and groom. No other dancing allowed.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Now the real question is this.

Given what happened to Cummings and his subsequent unearthing of skeletons, how do they stop Hancock from digging up the proverbial bodies ?

We know the guy is a shifty little bastard anyway, so my money is on him dishing the dirt later on in an enquiry.

liverpool

"Now the real question is this.

Given what happened to Cummings and his subsequent unearthing of skeletons, how do they stop Hancock from digging up the proverbial bodies ?

We know the guy is a shifty little bastard anyway, so my money is on him dishing the dirt later on in an enquiry. "

They will put him on the back Benches again and if he is a good boy he will get a cushy no in a year or 2.

Look what happened with Patel.

"

The only dancing allowed at a wedding is one dance between bride and groom. No other dancing allowed. "

So when exactly will this guidance end which prohibits a father sharing a dance with his daughter on her wedding day?

Tin town

"

The only dancing allowed at a wedding is one dance between bride and groom. No other dancing allowed.

So when exactly will this guidance end which prohibits a father sharing a dance with his daughter on her wedding day?"

Perhaps when they let 60k "dance" when someone scores a goal in the crowd at Wembley?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Irony being the affair won’t kill him… but the close contact smooches will!

As health sec… you can’t break covid rules and expect to survive!

Leeds

"

Maybe they were in a bubble "

They both live with spouses so couldn't form a bubble

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

In the words of Errol Brown and Hot Chocolate… Matt Hancock’s thoughts right now…

“Started with a kiss

Never thought it would come to this”

By *ediMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Double standard is part and parcel of that world unfortunately

"

He's too fucking thick to remember where they are buried.

By *tstillworksMan  over a year ago

Darlington

"Love the outrage. Not sure a quick fumble with his secretary was spreading wave 2 or 3...but maybe letting 40k passengers from India in testing positive at 5 % and many other policy decisions did. If we are going after him, do it for a good reason. Not one that many people on here are doing ie playing away.

"

Spot on mate

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

We know the guy is a shifty little bastard anyway, so my money is on him dishing the dirt later on in an enquiry.

They will put him on the back Benches again and if he is a good boy he will get a cushy no in a year or 2.

Look what happened with Patel."

Slightly different though, she got the job due to brexit allegiance.

My guess is that he won't even get voted in at his own constituency. West Suffolk is quite a homely place and after what he's done he'd be lucky to overturn the moral voters.

By *tstillworksMan  over a year ago

Darlington

"Do as I say NOT as I do"

Anytime

Just give us a shout

liverpool

My guess is that he won't even get voted in at his own constituency. West Suffolk is quite a homely place and after what he's done he'd be lucky to overturn the moral voters. "

Maybe

He is probally too thick to realise he is getting had off by own party.

However I've no doubt there will some sort of back door shenanigans to ensure he doesnt implicate his boss

"Do as I say NOT as I do

Anytime

Just give us a shout

"

Aye aye kinky boy might take you up on that 1 day

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

When I read the news I was thinking it will be like a peck on the cheek or something, then I saw the pictures and they made me laugh, he looks like a guy that would only do missionary then next minute he's up the wall with some office wench groping her arse.

Manchester (she/her)

"When I read the news I was thinking it will be like a peck on the cheek or something, then I saw the pictures and they made me laugh, he looks like a guy that would only do missionary then next minute he's up the wall with some office wench groping her arse. "

Brain bleach please

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

[Removed by poster at 25/06/21 14:17:42]

"Irony being the affair won’t kill him… but the close contact smooches will!

As health sec… you can’t break covid rules and expect to survive! "

Course he can

He's a fucking Tory

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

I imagine he's got plenty of dirt on Johnson and the others. It's mutually assured destruction...

Tin town

My guess is that he won't even get voted in at his own constituency. West Suffolk is quite a homely place and after what he's done he'd be lucky to overturn the moral voters.

Maybe

He is probally too thick to realise he is getting had off by own party.

However I've no doubt there will some sort of back door shenanigans to ensure he doesnt implicate his boss "

Back door shenanigans... Ooerr missus.. Had he done a scofield?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Not my words but...

“In May 2020, Hancock claimed to have been left “speechless” by Prof Ferguson’s “extraordinary” behaviour, and said it had been right for him to resign as a government Sage adviser.”

So Hancock should resign right?

But another POV...

“If Matt Hancock has had an affair that's shameful and I truly feel sorry for his wife and children. However, the suggestion marital infidelity would jeopardise a Secretary of State's career when the current Prime Minister is Boris Johnson is frankly absurd.”

And...

“Look I'm the very last person on Earth to defend Matt Hancock... but where is The Sun's front page from when Boris Johnson's affair with Arcuri or his current wife, Carrie, were revealed? Why the selective moral outrage?”

But most importantly...

“After Matt Hancock is accused of having an affair, lying to everyone and being 'fucking hopeless', bookies make him odds-on favourite for next PM.”

liverpool

"Not my words but...

“In May 2020, Hancock claimed to have been left “speechless” by Prof Ferguson’s “extraordinary” behaviour, and said it had been right for him to resign as a government Sage adviser.”

So Hancock should resign right?

But another POV...

“If Matt Hancock has had an affair that's shameful and I truly feel sorry for his wife and children. However, the suggestion marital infidelity would jeopardise a Secretary of State's career when the current Prime Minister is Boris Johnson is frankly absurd.”

And...

“Look I'm the very last person on Earth to defend Matt Hancock... but where is The Sun's front page from when Boris Johnson's affair with Arcuri or his current wife, Carrie, were revealed? Why the selective moral outrage?”

But most importantly...

“After Matt Hancock is accused of having an affair, lying to everyone and being 'fucking hopeless', bookies make him odds-on favourite for next PM.”

"

Didnt Hancock call for the police to be involved?

Surreal levels of hypocrisy and answered with the sheep like mantra.. yeah but corbyn

Brighton

“All joking aside it’s pretty fucking horrendous that people weren’t hugging at funerals at the policy request of a man regularly boinking his publicly funded aide” again not my words but spot on sentiment!

"The irony of a party headed by boris Johnson sacking a minister for having an affair is off the scale."

"This one really sums it up nicely...

“The “private matter” line might have worked once. But, leaving aside the fact she had a tax payer funded role, the state has dictated every aspect of our private lives in the past year. Who we meet, hug, kiss, how relationships can be conducted, how we say goodbye to loved ones.”"

The same Matt Hancock who told the Spectator in January that we would "cry freedom" as soon as those most vulnerable were vaccinated?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"This one really sums it up nicely...

“The “private matter” line might have worked once. But, leaving aside the fact she had a tax payer funded role, the state has dictated every aspect of our private lives in the past year. Who we meet, hug, kiss, how relationships can be conducted, how we say goodbye to loved ones.”

The same Matt Hancock who told the Spectator in January that we would "cry freedom" as soon as those most vulnerable were vaccinated?

"

By *ncubussuccubusCouple  over a year ago

funky

Poor Matthew should have stuck to using hand on cock....

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 25/06/21 17:41:25]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Rules for thee and not for me."

Yes, there are different rules for them and us.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Boris sticking with his Hand on Cock.

Nothing shocks me about this government anymore.

They will be kicking down your door and eating all your food and sending youa bill for it soon.

Tin town

"“All joking aside it’s pretty fucking horrendous that people weren’t hugging at funerals at the policy request of a man regularly boinking his publicly funded aide” again not my words but spot on sentiment!"

I get the hypocrisy... But in the midst of a disease spread by close contact I haven't been in a rush to hug people and catch it. The fact he did... Doesn't alter my choices or actions. I didn't get close for my own welfare and those I cared about. Not because some minister told me too.

Brighton

"“All joking aside it’s pretty fucking horrendous that people weren’t hugging at funerals at the policy request of a man regularly boinking his publicly funded aide” again not my words but spot on sentiment!

I get the hypocrisy... But in the midst of a disease spread by close contact I haven't been in a rush to hug people and catch it. The fact he did... Doesn't alter my choices or actions. I didn't get close for my own welfare and those I cared about. Not because some minister told me too. "

Of course and most people used common sense too. But the hypocrisy DOES matter.

Apparently, Boris is standing by his Secretary of state, so you know his days are numbered.

After all the uproar over Domminic Cummings last year and the impact his actions had on the rest of us obeying the rules, for the Health Secretary to have been found to be breaking his own guidlines on Social distancing, his position has become untenable.

Manchester (she/her)

"“All joking aside it’s pretty fucking horrendous that people weren’t hugging at funerals at the policy request of a man regularly boinking his publicly funded aide” again not my words but spot on sentiment!

I get the hypocrisy... But in the midst of a disease spread by close contact I haven't been in a rush to hug people and catch it. The fact he did... Doesn't alter my choices or actions. I didn't get close for my own welfare and those I cared about. Not because some minister told me too.

Of course and most people used common sense too. But the hypocrisy DOES matter."

Agreed

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m gonna sum up this plum sucker - in my opinion of course:

Posh c@nt educated at both Oxford and Cambridge non the less

Never done a hard day’s graft in his life

Dictates the rules to those below (remember animal farm, lord of the flies people)

Useless c@nt according to Bojo (who’s credibility to criticise is questionable)

Now a proven cheating c@nt

The bloke is a joke, his wife deserves better, the NHS deserves better, we deserve better.

Clearly it’s one rule for us, and another for those in elected positions - or those employed by people in elected positions.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"I’m gonna sum up this plum sucker - in my opinion of course:

Dictates the rules to those below (remember animal farm, lord of the flies people)

The bloke is a joke, his wife deserves better, the NHS deserves better, we deserve better.

Clearly it’s one rule for us, and another for those in elected positions - or those employed by people in elected positions.

"

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Unfortunately very few people elected or promoted to positions of power (across the spectrum of employment) actually have the morals, integrity and backbone to do the job.

I’m surrounded at work by people who have been promoted for their ability to kiss ass and suck cock, rather than actually being able to supervise, manage, train, instruct and support their staff.

Do as I say not do as I do is not good enough.

This c@nt personifies the problem many of us face on a daily basis unfortunately.

Tin town

"Apparently, Boris is standing by his Secretary of state, so you know his days are numbered.

After all the uproar over Domminic Cummings last year and the impact his actions had on the rest of us obeying the rules, for the Health Secretary to have been found to be breaking his own guidlines on Social distancing, his position has become untenable."

Yep it has but they will take a week to sort out the paperwork and use it when the infection rates are stupidly high.

Tin town

"I’m gonna sum up this plum sucker - in my opinion of course:

"

So he has a good education... Not sure you need to insult someone because they are well educated do you? There's a lot of good folks churned out by Oxford and Cambridge and other universities. Doesn't make them bad people....

The rest of the stuff.. Yeah I get that. But having a dig at someone for being well educated... Come on.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If anyone thought that this lot had much other than contempt for us, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up

liverpool

"If anyone thought that this lot had much other than contempt for us, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up "

If you didnt know that beforehand..you havent been paying attention.

The fact that he gave a job to a woman he is banging and we are paying here a grand a day..seems to have gone under the radar somewhat.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"If anyone thought that this lot had much other than contempt for us, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up "

If anyone thought this was just about a virus, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up

in Lancashire

"If anyone thought that this lot had much other than contempt for us, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up

The fact that he gave a job to a woman he is banging and we are paying here a grand a day..seems to have gone under the radar somewhat."

Arcuri?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"If anyone thought that this lot had much other than contempt for us, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up

The fact that he gave a job to a woman he is banging and we are paying here a grand a day..seems to have gone under the radar somewhat."

Wonder how many hours she does in that day? What's her hourly rate? I'm reckoning it'll be less than 4 hours for each of the "days" she's supposed to be working for that position. So maybe £250 per hour? Ten times minimum wage? And given that the job seems to mainly involve a few hours spent with Handcock, do we think she's actually doing any real work? Or is she just being given shit loads from the public purse to spend time with hand on Matt's cock?

Tin town

The fact that he gave a job to a woman he is banging and we are paying here a grand a day..seems to have gone under the radar somewhat.

Wonder how many hours she does in that day? What's her hourly rate? I'm reckoning it'll be less than 4 hours for each of the "days" she's supposed to be working for that position. So maybe £250 per hour? Ten times minimum wage? And given that the job seems to mainly involve a few hours spent with Handcock, do we think she's actually doing any real work? Or is she just being given shit loads from the public purse to spend time with hand on Matt's cock?"

Lot of suppositions there. Basically none of us have a clue what she does. I'd be interested to know how many consultants are in govt or top 250 firms at 1000 a day. Or indeed non exec directors... 1000 a day is pretty standard for a non exec. 12 board meetings a year and an agm. None of that is unusual or especially frivolous. She could be working like a trojan and doing a fantastic job for all you know. The issue isn't so much her professionalism or how hard she works. It's the recruitment process and brother receiving Ppe contracts is surely a conflict of interest.

liverpool

Wonder how many hours she does in that day? What's her hourly rate? I'm reckoning it'll be less than 4 hours for each of the "days" she's supposed to be working for that position. So maybe £250 per hour? Ten times minimum wage? And given that the job seems to mainly involve a few hours spent with Handcock, do we think she's actually doing any real work? Or is she just being given shit loads from the public purse to spend time with hand on Matt's cock?

Lot of suppositions there. Basically none of us have a clue what she does. I'd be interested to know how many consultants are in govt or top 250 firms at 1000 a day. Or indeed non exec directors... 1000 a day is pretty standard for a non exec. 12 board meetings a year and an agm. None of that is unusual or especially frivolous. She could be working like a trojan and doing a fantastic job for all you know. The issue isn't so much her professionalism or how hard she works. It's the recruitment process and brother receiving Ppe contracts is surely a conflict of interest. "

Ageed.

And that's the bit that seems to getting swept under tur carpet.

Probally because they are all it.

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

The government are probably trying to distract us from something else so they've allowed this to come out.

Stockport

Lot of suppositions there. Basically none of us have a clue what she does. I'd be interested to know how many consultants are in govt or top 250 firms at 1000 a day. Or indeed non exec directors... 1000 a day is pretty standard for a non exec. 12 board meetings a year and an agm. None of that is unusual or especially frivolous. She could be working like a trojan and doing a fantastic job for all you know. The issue isn't so much her professionalism or how hard she works. It's the recruitment process and brother receiving Ppe contracts is surely a conflict of interest. "

Absolutely yes. It's just another demonstration of the utter moral bankruptcy at the heart of this government, and the total contempt that they have for the people they are supposed to be serving. We know it, they know that we know it, everyone in the world can see it, they know that everyone in the world can see it. And they don't give a flying fuck.

Manchester (she/her)

"The government are probably trying to distract us from something else so they've allowed this to come out. "

Yup

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

"

It wouldn't surprise me if he set the camera up, took the snap and leaked it himself (with the consent of his wife of course) .....might want to jump ship

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Right from the start of this pandemic politicians and scientists like Ferguson Cummins and Ferrier do as I say not as I do.

Not one of theses parasites has lost a penny or pension contributions.

One rule for the elite and one for the plebs. "

in Lancashire

Lot of suppositions there. Basically none of us have a clue what she does. I'd be interested to know how many consultants are in govt or top 250 firms at 1000 a day. Or indeed non exec directors... 1000 a day is pretty standard for a non exec. 12 board meetings a year and an agm. None of that is unusual or especially frivolous. She could be working like a trojan and doing a fantastic job for all you know. The issue isn't so much her professionalism or how hard she works. It's the recruitment process and brother receiving Ppe contracts is surely a conflict of interest.

Absolutely yes. It's just another demonstration of the utter moral bankruptcy at the heart of this government, and the total contempt that they have for the people they are supposed to be serving. We know it, they know that we know it, everyone in the world can see it, they know that everyone in the world can see it. And they don't give a flying fuck."

This..

They don't have to, there's enough subservience in their voting cohorts to keep them in power..

'Sheeple' really does spring to mind..

Leeds

It will be interesting to see if Hancock had declared she was his friend before giving her the job.

in Lancashire

"It will be interesting to see if Hancock had declared she was his friend before giving her the job. "

That'll be fine with Boris..

Leeds

"It will be interesting to see if Hancock had declared she was his friend before giving her the job.

That'll be fine with Boris.."

Yes of course, because the matter is now closed. No need to ask Hancock why he gave a £28 million contract to her brother

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

in Lancashire

"It will be interesting to see if Hancock had declared she was his friend before giving her the job.

Yes of course, because the matter is now closed. No need to ask Hancock why he gave a £28 million contract to her brother"

It's more akin to a Mafia style operation for some of them, it's endemic ..

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Yes of course, because the matter is now closed. No need to ask Hancock why he gave a £28 million contract to her brother"

A very expensive kiss

Im amazed people are supprised at this, our great leaders have always lied to us and did what ever they want while telling us to behave like sheep, i dont knoa what the answer is, but whatever the party, the whole system is flawed and always will be

"Boris sticking with his Hand on Cock.

Nothing shocks me about this government anymore.

They will be kicking down your door and eating all your food and sending youa bill for it soon."

Literally!!! So many scandals happening and none seem to give a hoot. Like really

liverpool

"Im amazed people are supprised at this, our great leaders have always lied to us and did what ever they want while telling us to behave like sheep, i dont knoa what the answer is, but whatever the party, the whole system is flawed and always will be"

An attitude that let's them get away with it.

I've never known a gmnt as corrupt as immoral as this.

Back in the 60s a minister had an affair and resigned.

This lot are knees deep in it and dont even have the decency to try and hide it

"Im amazed people are supprised at this, our great leaders have always lied to us and did what ever they want while telling us to behave like sheep, i dont knoa what the answer is, but whatever the party, the whole system is flawed and always will be

This lot are knees deep in it and dont even have the decency to try and hide it "

thats a very cutting remark, and deeply unfair, i didnt vote for them, as i can read, and it was obvious that Boris and his crew were bad news, the big problem is that there is no viable alternative atm, short of running for office there isnt alot more that i can do, what more do you expect me to do, the fact is, the sort of people who run for office are usually people who cant hold down a real job, so have always been the best of a bad lot, nothing can or will change until we pay them enough to entice the sort of people who should be running the goverment, but at the moment those people are working in high power jobs earning millions rather than earning just 150k or whatever, we need to entice the right people into the jobs, atm why would they, until then we will always get the dregs

oldham

The lemon suckers out in force again today

liverpool

"Im amazed people are supprised at this, our great leaders have always lied to us and did what ever they want while telling us to behave like sheep, i dont knoa what the answer is, but whatever the party, the whole system is flawed and always will be

thats a very cutting remark, and deeply unfair, i didnt vote for them, as i can read, and it was obvious that Boris and his crew were bad news, the big problem is that there is no viable alternative atm, short of running for office there isnt alot more that i can do, what more do you expect me to do, the fact is, the sort of people who run for office are usually people who cant hold down a real job, so have always been the best of a bad lot, nothing can or will change until we pay them enough to entice the sort of people who should be running the goverment, but at the moment those people are working in high power jobs earning millions rather than earning just 150k or whatever, we need to entice the right people into the jobs, atm why would they, until then we will always get the dregs"

I agree, I'd pay them more,but I'd also stop them taking 'advisory 'roles.

For a lot of them ,the mps salary is buttons, its all the little bits on the side and doors it opens where the real money is.

Look how much grayling was paid for a few days work.

As for the dregs,arent these supposed to be the cream, privately educated, oxbridge background,?

It's not like they have just been pulled off the street.

liverpool

"The lemon suckers out in force again today "

What's a lemon sucker?

thats a very cutting remark, and deeply unfair, i didnt vote for them, as i can read, and it was obvious that Boris and his crew were bad news, the big problem is that there is no viable alternative atm, short of running for office there isnt alot more that i can do, what more do you expect me to do, the fact is, the sort of people who run for office are usually people who cant hold down a real job, so have always been the best of a bad lot, nothing can or will change until we pay them enough to entice the sort of people who should be running the goverment, but at the moment those people are working in high power jobs earning millions rather than earning just 150k or whatever, we need to entice the right people into the jobs, atm why would they, until then we will always get the dregs

For a lot of them ,the mps salary is buttons, its all the little bits on the side and doors it opens where the real money is.

As for the dregs,arent these supposed to be the cream, privately educated, oxbridge background,?

It's not like they have just been pulled off the street."

just because you went to the right school doesnt make you smart, if they were smart, people like golman sachs would have head hunted them and paid them millions a year, being an mp is a way to flatter thier egos and they can pretend they are doing something usefull, and not feel like a failure, and yes they make money when they retire, look at Blair, who in my mind is the most dispicable man alive, hes made millions since being pm, but its because of he contacts hes made while in power, not because hes usefull in other ways

liverpool

just because you went to the right school doesnt make you smart, if they were smart, people like golman sachs would have head hunted them and paid them millions a year, being an mp is a way to flatter thier egos and they can pretend they are doing something usefull, and not feel like a failure, and yes they make money when they retire, look at Blair, who in my mind is the most dispicable man alive, hes made millions since being pm, but its because of he contacts hes made while in power, not because hes usefull in other ways"

I never said they were smart.

They are the biggest collection of fuckwits I've ever seen but they are hardly the dregs are they?

Your 2nd point backs up what k said.

And it's not just Blair.

Look how much Cameron and may are earning

No doubt the buffoon has his eyes on that.

If anyone thought this was just about a virus, they must have been a bit silly. This is the time to wake up "

This ^

The more these guys fuck up, the more money they make.....ka-ching, which makes them the 'smartest guys' in the room, there all sociopaths just like the Enron CEOs Jeff Skilling and Kenneth Lay.

just because you went to the right school doesnt make you smart, if they were smart, people like golman sachs would have head hunted them and paid them millions a year, being an mp is a way to flatter thier egos and they can pretend they are doing something usefull, and not feel like a failure, and yes they make money when they retire, look at Blair, who in my mind is the most dispicable man alive, hes made millions since being pm, but its because of he contacts hes made while in power, not because hes usefull in other ways

I never said they were smart.

They are the biggest collection of fuckwits I've ever seen but they are hardly the dregs are they?

Your 2nd point backs up what k said.

And it's not just Blair.

No doubt the buffoon has his eyes on that."

ok youve got me on that point tbf

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"And it's not just Blair.

No doubt the buffoon has his eyes on that."

That's absolutely spot on. I forget where I rad it exactly, but this week I've read that Boris intends to stand down by 2026 at the latest - assuming he can survive until then - to go off and earn some "real money"

Cunts the lot of them

Tin town

You need to be careful what you wish for.

It sounds like some people are saying we don't want well educated, university educated people... Especially if they went to oxbridge. We certainly don't want anyone "posh" (whatever that means or what word describes the opposite of posh). We don't want to pay them the going rate for a senior corporate manager, we don't want them to be free to earn significant sums before during or after service, we don't want them to make use of their contacts to solve problems. There's lots we don't want. But I wonder about the quality of individuals we would be left with. And no I'm not in anyway trying to justify some of the activities that are being exposed. I'm not. If they break the law then let them pay the price. If we need new laws then let's have them.

liverpool

"You need to be careful what you wish for.

It sounds like some people are saying we don't want well educated, university educated people... Especially if they went to oxbridge. We certainly don't want anyone "posh" (whatever that means or what word describes the opposite of posh). We don't want to pay them the going rate for a senior corporate manager, we don't want them to be free to earn significant sums before during or after service, we don't want them to make use of their contacts to solve problems. There's lots we don't want. But I wonder about the quality of individuals we would be left with. And no I'm not in anyway trying to justify some of the activities that are being exposed. I'm not. If they break the law then let them pay the price. If we need new laws then let's have them.

"

I think there should be more opportunities for people from all backgrounds to go into politics.The tories and labour to a lesser extent are dominated with people from a privileged background.

We also have a tradition on this country that just because someone can speak a few words of Latin, they are almost born rule.

At least boris Johnson has totally destroyed that fallacy.

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

It will be interesting to see what happens in late autumn early winter when we have another spike and have to go into lockdown again.

They have made a mockery of their own rules and we are still supposed to trust them

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

“Keep Calm and Datum Perficiemus Munus”

oldham

"“Keep Calm and Datum Perficiemus Munus”

"

Tin town

I think there should be more opportunities for people from all backgrounds to go into politics.The tories and labour to a lesser extent are dominated with people from a privileged background.

We also have a tradition on this country that just because someone can speak a few words of Latin, they are almost born rule.

At least boris Johnson has totally destroyed that fallacy."

I agree with you but I'm not seeing any barriers that stop people from any background (not withstanding race but we seem to be getting better at that). My local is from a very humble background..he obviously hasn't felt any barriers to entry into politics. He's just passionate about it and motivated and from what I've seen so far, more than capable.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

That's absolutely spot on. I forget where I rad it exactly, but this week I've read that Boris intends to stand down by 2026 at the latest - assuming he can survive until then - to go off and earn some "real money"

Cunts the lot of them"

As has every prime minister both labour and Tory

They all go on the gravy train after office

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

People on a swinger forum complaining about a guy getting his leg over lmao

Tin town

Cunts the lot of them

As has every prime minister both labour and Tory

They all go on the gravy train after office "

And that's a problem because?

Leeds

"People on a swinger forum complaining about a guy getting his leg over lmao "

No. They are complaining about someone breaking the social distancing rules he devised and promotes for the safety of us all.

liverpool

If anyone had actually done that, you may have a point

Manchester (she/her)

Oi moi talaina (oh no, oh wretched (female) me)

That's ancient Greek (transliterated obviously). I can out elite them

liverpool

I agree with you but I'm not seeing any barriers that stop people from any background (not withstanding race but we seem to be getting better at that). My local is from a very humble background..he obviously hasn't felt any barriers to entry into politics. He's just passionate about it and motivated and from what I've seen so far, more than capable. "

There is a still an overwhelming majority of those, especially at the top, having a privileged background.

And like I said we have a belief in this country that those who have that type of background, are born to rule.

Do you think if boris Johnson went to a state school and reading university, he would be sitting where he is now?

i dont care who he shags, thats between them and obviously his wife, snd it must be awfull for her, the upset is that while he made us all lock down, unable to even see thier families, my dad died in lockdown and i couldnt visit him, and then hes seen kissing a woman outside of his family, its the hipocrosy

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Sadly the big mistakes don't seem to have any consequences

liverpool

How many working class pms have we had in the last 50 years?

Wilson?

When on earth will the other parties get their shit together, form a progressive alliance and consign these idiots to history

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

Hasn’t he been shagging her for 15 years so what’s the difference

liverpool

"When on earth will the other parties get their shit together, form a progressive alliance and consign these idiots to history "

Labour cant even get themselves together.

The people voted them in..they have no one to blame but themselves.

Tin town

"How many working class pms have we had in the last 50 years?

Wilson?"

How do you define working class?

liverpool

"Hasn’t he been shagging her for 15 years so what’s the difference "

The fact that he gave her a job and we are paying for her?

The fact that when someone eise did the same thing, he called for them to be sacked?

Manchester (she/her)

"People on a swinger forum complaining about a guy getting his leg over lmao

i dont care who he shags, thats between them and obviously his wife, snd it must be awfull for her, the upset is that while he made us all lock down, unable to even see thier families, my dad died in lockdown and i couldnt visit him, and then hes seen kissing a woman outside of his family, its the hipocrosy"

Yes. It's not the act. It's the hypocrisy and going against the policy

"Don't get close to people outside of households" - affair

(Invented) Don't buy ivory - buys ivory

(Invented) Support British businesses - undercuts British business because mates have a German company

liverpool

Wilson?

How do you define working class? "

Have a flap cap,own a whippet and have dinner instead of tea?

Leeds

Wilson?

Have a flap cap,own a whippet and have dinner instead of tea?"

Margaret Thatcher was a greengrocer's daughter and went to a state school.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The lemon suckers out in force again today "

What is a lemon sucker?

Leeds

"Hasn’t he been shagging her for 15 years so what’s the difference

The fact that when someone eise did the same thing, he called for them to be sacked?"

The fact that he gave her brother a £28 million contract ?

liverpool

Wilson?

Margaret Thatcher was a greengrocer's daughter and went to a state school. "

Personally I'd say she was middle class

"When on earth will the other parties get their shit together, form a progressive alliance and consign these idiots to history "

this in spades, unfortunatly, as bad as they are the conservatives are still the best bet, and thats very sad

liverpool

"When on earth will the other parties get their shit together, form a progressive alliance and consign these idiots to history

this in spades, unfortunatly, as bad as they are the conservatives are still the best bet, and thats very sad"

I'd disagree

No one would be worse than this shower.

liverpool

Just on hancock,I think its easy to get sucked in,and I'm as guilty as anyone else, but he should have been jettison for the utter calamitous handling of the pandemic, all the rest pales in comparison.

Tin town

I agree with you but I'm not seeing any barriers that stop people from any background (not withstanding race but we seem to be getting better at that). My local is from a very humble background..he obviously hasn't felt any barriers to entry into politics. He's just passionate about it and motivated and from what I've seen so far, more than capable.

There is a still an overwhelming majority of those, especially at the top, having a privileged background.

And like I said we have a belief in this country that those who have that type of background, are born to rule.

Do you think if boris Johnson went to a state school and reading university, he would be sitting where he is now?"

Probably not. But I don't buy into the thing that populates these fora which is working class is good... (however that is defined) posh is bad (however that is defined)... The person who is most capable to do the job or grow into the job is the best regardless of background. Exactly the same as any other job.

The fact anyone can speak Latin,?,! Can spell, can speak, I mean what? Why is that even relevant? Why do we seem to attack those who are well educated? How is it even relevant?

Tin town

Wilson?

Have a flap cap,own a whippet and have dinner instead of tea?"

Indeed...

Tin town

Wilson?

Personally I'd say she was middle class"

What made her middle class?

liverpool

Do you think if boris Johnson went to a state school and reading university, he would be sitting where he is now?

Probably not. But I don't buy into the thing that populates these fora which is working class is good... (however that is defined) posh is bad (however that is defined)... The person who is most capable to do the job or grow into the job is the best regardless of background. Exactly the same as any other job.

The fact anyone can speak Latin,?,! Can spell, can speak, I mean what? Why is that even relevant? Why do we seem to attack those who are well educated? How is it even relevant?

"

I'm not saying if you went to Eton..you should be disbarred..if saying it should be more meritocratic.

My point about Johnson proves the latin point,if he didnt have that background, he would be no near running the country.

m

The fact that when someone eise did the same thing, he called for them to be sacked?

The fact that he gave her brother a £28 million contract ?"

I guess an enquiry will now be opened into that. Ho ho.

Does it legally make any difference if you employ someone you are shagging or not?

liverpool

Wilson?

What made her middle class? "

Thats just my assessment.

My point is if you look at the people who have got into the highest positions in politics over the last x number of years, the overwhelming majority would be from a upper/middle class background.

liverpool

Does it legally make any difference if you employ someone you are shagging or not? "

It should do.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Does it legally make any difference if you employ someone you are shagging or not? "

Yes

m

Lots of husbands and wives work together,

Maybe he offered her a bone-us

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's wildly improper and I think that matters

m

I guess cos he’s paying her with our money as well as the boner bonus, I won’t hold my breath for that enquiry

Tin town

Wilson?

Personally I'd say she was middle class"

Might be worth looking at Theresa May and John Major backgrounds too.... If its relevant.

Tin town

I'm not saying if you went to Eton..you should be disbarred..if saying it should be more meritocratic.

My point about Johnson proves the latin point,if he didnt have that background, he would be no near running the country."

Maybe, take a look at John Major and Theresa May... The thing I get from their story and Thatcher is not that they came from humble backgrounds... But that they were determined, worked hard and made their way on their own merits..

Which I assume is what you mean. 100 per cent agree that money, race, privelage and background should not confer political progress.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"When on earth will the other parties get their shit together, form a progressive alliance and consign these idiots to history

The people voted them in..they have no one to blame but themselves."

Im pretty sure the voters who voted for them really dont care what they get up to.they got brexit out of it they not intrested in anything other than that.and if here is anything to go by it will be the people who didnt vote for them that have a problem with them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wilson?

What made her middle class? "

I know you were not asking me but for her age group, if her family were shopkeepers than I would have said middle class too

By *parklingbluesWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the south west.

"

I would keep an eye on the chat rooms he could be on there. Double standards.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Lots of husbands and wives work together,

Maybe he offered her a bone-us"

Boom boom

liverpool

Im pretty sure the voters who voted for them really dont care what they get up to.they got brexit out of it they not intrested in anything other than that.and if here is anything to go by it will be the people who didnt vote for them that have a problem with them"

Well if you dont care what the people you vote for get upto..quite frankly you deserve everything you get.

oldham

Wilson?

I know you were not asking me but for her age group, if her family were shopkeepers than I would have said middle class too"

That's far too generalised a comment. I disagree my Mother owned a couple of shops. Borne out of hard work and council estate origins.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Im pretty sure the voters who voted for them really dont care what they get up to.they got brexit out of it they not intrested in anything other than that.and if here is anything to go by it will be the people who didnt vote for them that have a problem with them

Well if you dont care what the people you vote for get upto..quite frankly you deserve everything you get."

hahaha lucky i dont vote then eh not my shit show.shock horror politicians lie and cheat who would of guessed.why do you get so angry about things you not gona be able to change for another 3 or 4 years??

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wilson?

I know you were not asking me but for her age group, if her family were shopkeepers than I would have said middle class too

That's far too generalised a comment. I disagree my Mother owned a couple of shops. Borne out of hard work and council estate origins. "

It is just my view of it, you don't have to agree

oldham

Wilson?

That's far too generalised a comment. I disagree my Mother owned a couple of shops. Borne out of hard work and council estate origins.

It is just my view of it, you don't have to agree "

So you don't think it's a generalised view? When I've just given you an alternative example of a working class shopkeeper

Tin town

Wilson?

I know you were not asking me but for her age group, if her family were shopkeepers than I would have said middle class too"

So a shop keeper is one definition of middle class?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wilson?

It is just my view of it, you don't have to agree

So you don't think it's a generalised view? When I've just given you an alternative example of a working class shopkeeper "

No. I think it is my view on what I think was her situation. I wasn't commenting on your parents.

liverpool

Wilson?

So a shop keeper is one definition of middle class? "

Sutely different people have different conceptions of class?

Personally I'd say someone who was brought up with a parent who owned their own business and went to university in the 60s,would certainly qualify as middle class.

I certainly dont recall her spouting too much of her working class origins.

liverpool

She also seemed to have a particular disdain for working class organisations.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wilson?

So a shop keeper is one definition of middle class? "

I was commenting on her situation and especially her era. I, the emphasis on the "I" would have said they were middle class.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Anyone else get pm'd a link to a random daily expose article?!

Tin town

"She also seemed to have a particular disdain for working class organisations. "

What's a working class organisation?

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

Social class and where someone went to school should be as irrelevant in politics as race, gender and sexuality. There are many privileged, successful yet hard-working people who do great philanthropic work because they have values that go beyond self-interest and personal agendas. Sadly, they're thin on the ground in politics.

Ability coupled with VALUES is what matters in successfully governing a country. We should all be voting for someone who firstly shares your personal values PLUS has the ability to deliver. One without the other is futile at best and dangerous at worst.

Too many politicians in power have very dubious values, using that power completely for their own gain, backed by corrupt, self-serving media moguls who brain wash the masses to let them get away with it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Anyone else get pm'd a link to a random daily expose article?! "

Just report if you think it breaks rules rather than bring into onto here please

oldham

"Social class and where someone went to school should be as irrelevant in politics as race, gender and sexuality. There are many privileged, successful yet hard-working people who do great philanthropic work because they have values that go beyond self-interest and personal agendas. Sadly, they're thin on the ground in politics.

Ability coupled with VALUES is what matters in successfully governing a country. We should all be voting for someone who firstly shares your personal values PLUS has the ability to deliver. One without the other is futile at best and dangerous at worst.

Too many politicians in power have very dubious values, using that power completely for their own gain, backed by corrupt, self-serving media moguls who brain wash the masses to let them get away with it."

Totally agree. Unfortunately those dubious values don't seem to surface until they have been elected

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Just because you see an idiot who's in a leadership position do something stupid it doesn't mean you should do the same . You have to look after yourself, it's your responsibility just as he's responsible for his decisions and actions. If you want to Do as they do then go ahead and chances are you will catch covid, all because you want to behave like they do.

liverpool

"She also seemed to have a particular disdain for working class organisations.

What's a working class organisation? "

A trade union?

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

"Totally agree. Unfortunately those dubious values don't seem to surface until they have been elected "
They were pretty obvious in the current PM beforehand, which would cause me to be highly suspicious of any of his chosen ministers, alliances etc.

this in spades, unfortunatly, as bad as they are the conservatives are still the best bet, and thats very sad

I'd disagree

No one would be worse than this shower."

have you seen the oposition?

liverpool

I'd disagree

No one would be worse than this shower.

have you seen the oposition?"

Yep

How would they be worse exactly?

Leeds

"

Yep

How would they be worse exactly?"

I'm waiting for someone to mention Jeremy

oldham

"

Yep

I'm waiting for someone to mention Jeremy"

No need,,, you did

Tin town

"

Yep

I'm waiting for someone to mention Jeremy

No need,,, you did"

Voting for the least worst is not very inspiring

And apparently? he wakes every morning wondering how he can get the UK out of this pandemic.

Once again another case of Government? Lying

Fuck the government fuck Boris fuck matt Hancock

I have gone about my business as normal from day one never refrained from seeing/hugging my loved ones

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Who really cares

"

He had better resign or be pushed, sickening hypocrisy. Some hilarious memes flying around of him though. Feel sorry for his poor wife

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

What about their spouses/partners who have been humiliated in public and in the national press? It’ll take more than an apology to sort out their relationships!

Seems like the ‘old boys club’ is still there.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

And he falls on his sword!

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

He has resigned

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 18:30:46]

"Who really cares"

He does, that is why he has resigned

Stockport

Would be hilarious if his wife has emptied the bank account and changed the door locks.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

Leeds

"Fuck the government fuck Boris fuck matt Hancock

I have gone about my business as normal from day one never refrained from seeing/hugging my loved ones "

I don't see how it has been possible for you to carry on as normal. You couldn't visit loved ones in care homes and hug them and you still can't visit people in hospital.

"

““Just don’t know how that guy gets out of bed in the morning and then back in it in the afternoon.””

"Apparently, Boris is standing by his Secretary of state, so you know his days are numbered.

After all the uproar over Domminic Cummings last year and the impact his actions had on the rest of us obeying the rules, for the Health Secretary to have been found to be breaking his own guidlines on Social distancing, his position has become untenable."

Blimey, I didn't think it would be that quick.

Hancock quitting was inevitable

Tin town

"Would be hilarious if his wife has emptied the bank account and changed the door locks."

Why?

I have gone about my business as normal from day one never refrained from seeing/hugging my loved ones "

and thats why we are struggling to beat this virus, you should be ashamed of yourself, everyone else, handcock aside, have put up with massive restrictions for the greater good, why are you above all that, i would say what i realy think of you, but i would get a ban

That's why the virus is still around

» Add a new message to this topic