FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Genuine question?

Genuine question?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So what if this is a spike of cases and not a spike of testing? How do we know it hasn't been here at the same rate all along, just more people are being encouraged to be tested again now creating a spike/wave and we are having our freedom day delayed for the new wave of people being tested because they are being told to.

It's the same if Boris was to say right,no more testing now, we have the spike would flatten, doesn't mean it won't still be around, just means people aren't being tested?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not up on the latest positivity rates, but they deliberately measure not only how many people test positive, but also what proportion of tests are positive

Last I looked - admittedly a week ago - the percentage of positive tests was also higher, not just the raw number.

If it was purely a result of increased testing, we'd expect to see the percentage of positive tests go down.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"So what if this is a spike of cases and not a spike of testing? How do we know it hasn't been here at the same rate all along, just more people are being encouraged to be tested again now creating a spike/wave and we are having our freedom day delayed for the new wave of people being tested because they are being told to.

It's the same if Boris was to say right,no more testing now, we have the spike would flatten, doesn't mean it won't still be around, just means people aren't being tested?

"

There is also the imperial college/IPSOS study that has been going since not long after the start of the pandemic. They randomly select a certain number of people to test each week. This allows them to make an estimate of the number of covid. They also do an antibody study too so pre vaccine they could estimate how many people had it in the past. I think the quoted figure of today was 1 in 460 had covid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK has been testing thousands of people above and beyond those who need to be tested, for over a year, as part of their monitoring. OP, I'm surprised that you're not aware of our tight surveillance on infection and immunity levels, that power the scientific understanding of this

» Add a new message to this topic