FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Just had my second AZ jab

Just had my second AZ jab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So far, no dead arm!

I’m hoping I don’t feel like I’ve been run over by a bus tomorrow, like I did after the first jab.

How long was it before you started to feel rough after you’d been vaccinated?

Did you experience the same symptoms the second time around?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

12 hours for my first, I woke up with my arm hot and painful. Then spent the next day in bed, fever, bone ache, fatigue. Few days until I was fully right, tender arm and just feeling a bit off.

The second was about... 26 hours? I felt tired and a bit down very suddenly, for about three hours, then gone. Think like a 3pm slump at work but a bit worse. Tender arm for a few days.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Me too

Had mine at 10am and have hot sweats now

fluids and painkillers for tonight

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Just a headache next morning after the 1st. Absolutely nothing after 2nd.

"12 hours for my first, I woke up with my arm hot and painful. Then spent the next day in bed, fever, bone ache, fatigue. Few days until I was fully right, tender arm and just feeling a bit off.

The second was about... 26 hours? I felt tired and a bit down very suddenly, for about three hours, then gone. Think like a 3pm slump at work but a bit worse. Tender arm for a few days."

Owww that doesn’t sound good sorry you were unwell. Your symptoms were similar to mine for the first dose. Did you have the AZ jab?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I was fine after my second AZ

By *JessSRosexCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Got my first tomorrow. Was a nightmare trying to get it as everyone was forcing me to have Pfizer which I didn’t want.

Hubby had his first one a couple of weeks ago and it made him so ill for a week, I was really worried about him. Fingers crossed all goes ok for me in the morning xx

"Me too

fluids and painkillers for tonight "

Ahh jab buddies I d*unk a ton of water the first time around which helped give me a reason to get off the sofa…where I was laid up feeling sorry for myself all day haha

I hope you feel better soon

By *rya MyneWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"So far, no dead arm!

I’m hoping I don’t feel like I’ve been run over by a bus tomorrow, like I did after the first jab.

How long was it before you started to feel rough after you’d been vaccinated?

Did you experience the same symptoms the second time around?"

I felt really rough for about 48 hours after my 2nd. Jab was at 10.30 am started feeling rough about 5pm if that helps x

"I was fine after my second AZ"

That’s encouraging to know I started to feel slightly dizzy about 5 minutes after having my first vaccine dose, but not the second. But that might be to do with other allergies. I’m allergic to penicillin and apparently you can feel dizzy after the vaccine because of this.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I was actually ok after my second, no sore arm, no other side effects.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sore arm after the first for a couple of days but nothing after the second x

Manchester (she/her)

"12 hours for my first, I woke up with my arm hot and painful. Then spent the next day in bed, fever, bone ache, fatigue. Few days until I was fully right, tender arm and just feeling a bit off.

The second was about... 26 hours? I felt tired and a bit down very suddenly, for about three hours, then gone. Think like a 3pm slump at work but a bit worse. Tender arm for a few days.

Owww that doesn’t sound good sorry you were unwell. Your symptoms were similar to mine for the first dose. Did you have the AZ jab?"

Clinical trial, so I don't know. But possibly.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

First jab, sore arm and headache 12 hours post injection….

Second, very mild arm ache about 12 hours after, but that’s it

"Got my first tomorrow. Was a nightmare trying to get it as everyone was forcing me to have Pfizer which I didn’t want.

Hubby had his first one a couple of weeks ago and it made him so ill for a week, I was really worried about him. Fingers crossed all goes ok for me in the morning xx"

Good luck! I have a 42 year old friend who was really fatigued for a week as well as other symptoms. Thankfully I wasn’t as poorly. I’m sorry to hear your husband wasn’t well. I would be really interested to know from someone who caught Covid and experienced only mild symptoms from the virus and then later had the vaccine, what symptoms if any they experienced from the vaccine? Do you happen to know anyone who caught the virus?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

The second was about... 26 hours? I felt tired and a bit down very suddenly, for about three hours, then gone. Think like a 3pm slump at work but a bit worse. Tender arm for a few days."

I was super tired the same day and then the day after, the arm ache wasn't as bad with the second one.

After my first jab I had a sore heavy arm for a few days or so then it passed. Getting my second jab on the 5th July so hopefully I'll be ok x

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

I had the virus and have had both vaccine doses the virus was definitely worse than the vaccine

By *ncandiladoCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

First AZ jab I felt waves of sickness immediately, sore arm and flu like symptoms set in approximately 6 hours later, they lasted 36 hours. It was horrible.

2nd jab of AZ I felt the waves again immediately but hardly a sore arm this time and no symptoms other than feeling tired.

I hope this is the same experience for you x

I guess I was lucky, no side effects after my second one in May.

"First AZ jab I felt waves of sickness immediately, sore arm and flu like symptoms set in approximately 6 hours later, they lasted 36 hours. It was horrible.

2nd jab of AZ I felt the waves again immediately but hardly a sore arm this time and no symptoms other than feeling tired.

I hope this is the same experience for you x"

Thanks So far no symptoms at all (after 9 hours)

"I guess I was lucky, no side effects after my second one in May."

"I had the virus and have had both vaccine doses the virus was definitely worse than the vaccine "

Sorry to hear you were ill. Did the doctors give you any indication about levels of antibodies after contracting the virus?

I had no symptoms after my first vaccine...just a sore arm for about 5 hrs the following day, I hope I'll be the same after my 2nd. I did take 2 neurofen plus about 15 mins before vaccination & took 2 four hrs later but I should have continued to take them cos they may have prevented my sore arm the following day.

I had no symptoms after the 1st jag but after the 2nd one I've been getting sharp pains in my chest x

Nothing after 2nd felt a bit coldy after the first didn’t even feel the first , 2nd stung a bit.

Dudley

"I had no symptoms after the 1st jag but after the 2nd one I've been getting sharp pains in my chest x "

You should definitely check in with your doctor.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Me too

Ahh jab buddies I d*unk a ton of water the first time around which helped give me a reason to get off the sofa…where I was laid up feeling sorry for myself all day haha

I hope you feel better soon "

I feel like normal today, so just hot sweats for a few hours luckily

How are you feeling

By *olves22Man  over a year ago

dudley

I've been working in test and trace for 14 months. We have paramedics who come in on a regular basis. I often ask them how they are getting on and they tell me they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab

1st jab... frozen shoulder..Still not fixed yet.

2nd jab..all ok No side effects..

Pfizer

"Me too

I hope you feel better soon

I feel like normal today, so just hot sweats for a few hours luckily

How are you feeling "

17 hours later and I’ve had no side effects at all. Not even a sore arm. Quiet an unexpected result

"I've been working in test and trace for 14 months. We have paramedics who come in on a regular basis. I often ask them how they are getting on and they tell me they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab"

Do you mean busy with the side effects they’ve had from the vaccine?

"I had no symptoms after the 1st jag but after the 2nd one I've been getting sharp pains in my chest x

You should definitely check in with your doctor."

I agree. Get yourself checked with the doc!

By *olves22Man  over a year ago

dudley

"I've been working in test and trace for 14 months. We have paramedics who come in on a regular basis. I often ask them how they are getting on and they tell me they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab

Do you mean busy with the side effects they’ve had from the vaccine?"

No

I do not think we are being told the whole story here by the government.

"I've been working in test and trace for 14 months. We have paramedics who come in on a regular basis. I often ask them how they are getting on and they tell me they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab

Do you mean busy with the side effects they’ve had from the vaccine?

No

I do not think we are being told the whole story here by the government. "

I’m sorry I’m struggling to understand what you meant with your first comment regarding paramedics who you said are “as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab”. So I asked for clarification.

By *offee and KinksCouple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby

Had no side effects at all after 2nd AZ. Hopefully any will be mild.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Felt about half as shit as I did when I got my first. But it didn’t require any time off work etc so I feel like it was a decent outcome.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

If they're not dealing with side effects, are the paramedics busy with people dying from the AZ ?

Manchester (she/her)

"If they're not dealing with side effects, are the paramedics busy with people dying from the AZ ? "

I think that's what the message is intended to say, yes.

Dudley

"I've been working in test and trace for 14 months. We have paramedics who come in on a regular basis. I often ask them how they are getting on and they tell me they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the AstraZeneca jab"

Funny that, we are from the same area and I have a good friend that's a paramedic, I just asked him and he said that's totally untrue.

"If they're not dealing with side effects, are the paramedics busy with people dying from the AZ ?

I think that's what the message is intended to say, yes."

Well I guess we’re all gonners then. Ah well, it’s been nice chatting lol

Just done a quick Internet search and there’s been about 40 deaths associated with the AZ vaccine from rare blood clots. I reckon I’ve got more chance of dying from electrocution from switching the kettle on. And on that note…

Manchester (she/her)

"If they're not dealing with side effects, are the paramedics busy with people dying from the AZ ?

Well I guess we’re all gonners then. Ah well, it’s been nice chatting lol"

Lol same.

If I die, I die having followed the best available evidence. All we can do is our best, hey?

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Just a headache next morning after the 1st. Absolutely nothing after 2nd."

Same here, headache felt like a hangover 1st time. Couple of paracetamol and I was fine by mid morning. 2nd nothing at all.

XX

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I have a friend in hospital with covid after having both her vaccinations. I know they don’t give 100% protection but 4 other people in her work have tested positive and have been vaccinated as well.

Lol same.

If I die, I die having followed the best available evidence. All we can do is our best, hey?"

Exactly that. If in 10 years I grow another leg from having the vaccine, well then at least it’s saved me from dying from Covid this week so I’m still around for my Mum. I’d be no good to her if I was in hospital.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I have a friend in hospital with covid after having both her vaccinations. I know they don’t give 100% protection but 4 other people in her work have tested positive and have been vaccinated as well. "

It doesn't stop you catching it.

Just reduces the symptoms.

Manchester (she/her)

Lol same.

If I die, I die having followed the best available evidence. All we can do is our best, hey?

Exactly that. If in 10 years I grow another leg from having the vaccine, well then at least it’s saved me from dying from Covid this week so I’m still around for my Mum. I’d be no good to her if I was in hospital."

Yup.

When I was a baby, the advice given to parents to prevent SIDS was basically everything parents are told not to do now.

No one went around screaming what if you're wrong. My parents and others did the best they could with what they knew

Lol same.

Exactly that. If in 10 years I grow another leg from having the vaccine, well then at least it’s saved me from dying from Covid this week so I’m still around for my Mum. I’d be no good to her if I was in hospital.

Yup.

When I was a baby, the advice given to parents to prevent SIDS was basically everything parents are told not to do now.

No one went around screaming what if you're wrong. My parents and others did the best they could with what they knew"

» Add a new message to this topic