FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine side effects over exaggerated?

Vaccine side effects over exaggerated?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Right off the bat I'm not talking about anyone who has experienced serious issues.

My point is have we got ourselves into a state of hysteria regards the side effects, many are convinced that they will be unwell and naturally when we feel crap it's over egged so to speak.

We have all been in a state of high emotions/anxiety over the past year or so and rightly pretty paranoid regards everything covid.

Now the focus has turned to the vaccine are we all not suffering from a case of mild hypochondria?

And I would definitely put myself in this category,I felt like shit after both jabs and maybe milked the symptoms a bit more than I should have.

But if all the news and stuff on social media hadn't been wall to wall I am hazarding a guess that most of us would have brushed it off without a second thought.

I'm not talking about the rights and wrongs of the vaccine or its legitimacy.

And once again I am not talking about people who have sadly had bad reations.

This is just a discussion that is for conversation.

Many thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, I think everyone is hyper aware of it all and so report or talk about things they normally wouldn't. That's not a backed up thought, just my opinion. (I reported all my symptoms, but as I'm in a trial I had to, even if I thought they were insignificant)

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

The talk of side effects has terrified me so yes

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Yep felt like crap for 4 days after second and no didn't over think it, I did feel crap. but glad I had the vaccine

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

From discussions I've had with people coming back for second jabs, I'd say there is a fair bit of exaggeration and conflation of other issues with vaccine side effects. Like people who say they had severe side effects for several weeks, felt like they were dying etc but when you ask if they sought medical advice, they say no. When you then say "if anything like that happens again after the second, you must get medical advice," then they say "I'm sure I'll be fine etc" and so I doubt it was as severe as they say. We are encouraged to record any reports of severe adverse reactions from first vaccines when doing the screening for the second so when people realise it's going to be written down, they amend their comment.

Also people who say "it was like having the worst hangover ever" but then follow up by saying "but I did go out on the lash the night I had the vaccine" A LOT of people ask if they can go out drinking on the same day as the vaccine. I don't know if this is because they believe alcohol will somehow interact with the vaccine or if they now feel "invincible" having had the jab and are trying to make up for lost time. If you've not d*unk much/anything for a year and then go out and get plastered, you may well have the worst hangover ever and the vaccine has bugger all to do with it!

Or the guy who claimed it gave him D&V but then said he'd been caring for a Grandchild who was off school with..... D&V in the days before the vaccine. Hmmm, I wonder?!

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

At my second jab, a nurse asked me if I had experienced any side effects from the first jab. I said yes - a headache for about 4 or 5 days. She said I can not stress strongly enough how important it is for you to drink plenty of liquid - at least half a pint every hour. So I did and no side effects. I think the first side effects were genuine - the headache and it could be why some people have had blood clots.

By *ornyQueerWoman  over a year ago

I felt fatigued for a week after my second vaccine and that’s it

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's a running joke where I work that everyone who has the vaccine gets 2 free days off work as standard lol

Not me though. I'm 'are and went back to work straight after grrrrr

Manchester (she/her)

"From discussions I've had with people coming back for second jabs, I'd say there is a fair bit of exaggeration and conflation of other issues with vaccine side effects. "

It is an interesting one. Apart from the obvious stuff you cite, it's sometimes hard to know whether it's the vaccine or something else. Maybe - per this thread - people are reporting that headache they would have got anyway, and wouldn't have reported anything if it weren't such a big thing in all of our lives.

(I'm reporting everything because that's what I'm told to do, but, different)

By *rallvalCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I was unwell for about a day and a half after the first, chills and aches and fine after the second.

I'm still glad I did it, I have a friend who died and another who was on a ventilator for a few weeks. A day in bed is nothing I comparison.

Manchester (she/her)

"I was unwell for about a day and a half after the first, chills and aches and fine after the second.

I'm still glad I did it, I have a friend who died and another who was on a ventilator for a few weeks. A day in bed is nothing I comparison."

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your friend is recovering.

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 06:09:42]

By *ussybagderMan  over a year ago

Salford

"It's a running joke where I work that everyone who has the vaccine gets 2 free days off work as standard lol

Not me though. I'm 'are and went back to work straight after grrrrr"

okay tough guy

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It does appear that a very tiny number of those who receive the vaccine have serious short term reactions.

I am surprised how many people are surprised by the fact that many people have experienced short term side effects (mild or serious) anyway!

A number of years back I went on Safari in Africa and had to have all manner of stuff in advance. The Yellow Fever vaccine wiped me out for two days. There was lots of advance guidance etc from the GP explaining this could happen, potential risks etc.

The sheer volume and urgency of the Covid vaccination programme means people are only getting an info leaflet at the point of their first jab, so no time to digest and understand and some will feel under pressure to just proceed. Yes everyone could do their own research in advance but let’s be honest, many people simply don’t.

What I think we do need to start seeing more of is information around longer term side effects. That data must now be starting to grow.

While it is unlikely the anti-vax folks will ever be convinced, the long(ish) term data is key to persuading those who are still vaccine hesitant.

Manchester (she/her)

"It does appear that a very tiny number of those who receive the vaccine have serious short term reactions.

I am surprised how many people are surprised by the fact that many people have experienced short term side effects (mild or serious) anyway!

A number of years back I went on Safari in Africa and had to have all manner of stuff in advance. The Yellow Fever vaccine wiped me out for two days. There was lots of advance guidance etc from the GP explaining this could happen, potential risks etc.

The sheer volume and urgency of the Covid vaccination programme means people are only getting an info leaflet at the point of their first jab, so no time to digest and understand and some will feel under pressure to just proceed. Yes everyone could do their own research in advance but let’s be honest, many people simply don’t.

What I think we do need to start seeing more of is information around longer term side effects. That data must now be starting to grow.

While it is unlikely the anti-vax folks will ever be convinced, the long(ish) term data is key to persuading those who are still vaccine hesitant."

Anecdotally, I'm not surprised by serious side effects - personal experience in my family - but I am surprised by the seeming rate of more serious mild effects. In myself, before Covid vaccines I'd only had at worst a dead arm. My first Covid jab knocked me flat for 24 hours. I'm not complaining, it was just a duvet day, but I didn't see that coming (and I've heard a lot more of that than I remember doing with my childhood vaccines - which was mostly "don't admit you've had the tetanus shot, you'll get punched because we know your arm hurts")

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"It's a running joke where I work that everyone who has the vaccine gets 2 free days off work as standard lol

Not me though. I'm 'are and went back to work straight after grrrrr okay tough guy "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me though. I'm 'are and went back to work straight after grrrrr okay tough guy

"

sorry i did chuckle.

tough guy lol

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I definitely think that there’s a number of people that either exaggerated their symptoms or got themselves worked up emotionally and had physical manifestations as a result. As others have mentioned there will also be those that got d*unk the night before etc.

It’s unlikely that no one will get complications from the vaccine, but it is likely that they will be less in number than those who would either have died or suffered from long Covid.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Only those with side effects complain, you'll hear nothing from the millions that had the jab with zero side effects

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I think most of it was caused by political motives at the start of the rollout. I saw on the news the other day that some countries are worried about the BioNTech and Moderna causing some cases of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) but no one seems to be making a song and dance about these vaccines.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

In the words of Billy Connolly

I CARE NOT A JOT!

its done were jabbed! Some of us twice.. stop worrying about something you can do nothing about .. Lets move on!

Vax side effects are underexagurated as 90%+ go unreported

Manchester (she/her)

"Vax side effects are underexagurated as 90%+ go unreported"

What's your source for this claim?

Specifically, given the content of the OP, do you have a source that claims this *in the context of Covid-19*?

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I do think the media's reporting of the side effects has had a massive impact on how people are perceiving them as I know loads of people that have all been worried about side effects and got nothing more than a sore arm the same as myself and felt a little run down the next day, what doesn't help is all the nonsense being banded around in social media claim.ing that the vaccines are "experimental drugs" or "dangerous gene therapy" and such this kind of information is being posted specifically to cause fear and hamper the vaccination program that is the best way for us all to get out of these restrictions and heading back towards some form of normality

Manchester (she/her)

"I do think the media's reporting of the side effects has had a massive impact on how people are perceiving them as I know loads of people that have all been worried about side effects and got nothing more than a sore arm the same as myself and felt a little run down the next day, what doesn't help is all the nonsense being banded around in social media claim.ing that the vaccines are "experimental drugs" or "dangerous gene therapy" and such this kind of information is being posted specifically to cause fear and hamper the vaccination program that is the best way for us all to get out of these restrictions and heading back towards some form of normality "

I think it's important to remember that all interventions carry risk. Even serious risk. But that the risk over a population is much lower, being vaccinated, than catching the disease.

It does raise fears - but I don't know how to get around "we should be aware" without the fear.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I had no side effects from the vaccines whatsoever. I'm glad I've had them as I'm currently covid positive but feeling nothing other than a head cold. I don't want to think about what symptoms I might have had. So currently feeling fortunate

Manchester (she/her)

"I had no side effects from the vaccines whatsoever. I'm glad I've had them as I'm currently covid positive but feeling nothing other than a head cold. I don't want to think about what symptoms I might have had. So currently feeling fortunate "

Feel better soon

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I had a man coming in for his 2nd jab. When I asked if he'd been ok after 1st, his reply was 'I was so ill, I had a violent shiver for 15 seconds!' I was grateful my mask covered the reaction on my face!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"From discussions I've had with people coming back for second jabs, I'd say there is a fair bit of exaggeration and conflation of other issues with vaccine side effects. Like people who say they had severe side effects for several weeks, felt like they were dying etc but when you ask if they sought medical advice, they say no. When you then say "if anything like that happens again after the second, you must get medical advice," then they say "I'm sure I'll be fine etc" and so I doubt it was as severe as they say. We are encouraged to record any reports of severe adverse reactions from first vaccines when doing the screening for the second so when people realise it's going to be written down, they amend their comment.

Also people who say "it was like having the worst hangover ever" but then follow up by saying "but I did go out on the lash the night I had the vaccine" A LOT of people ask if they can go out drinking on the same day as the vaccine. I don't know if this is because they believe alcohol will somehow interact with the vaccine or if they now feel "invincible" having had the jab and are trying to make up for lost time. If you've not d*unk much/anything for a year and then go out and get plastered, you may well have the worst hangover ever and the vaccine has bugger all to do with it!

Or the guy who claimed it gave him D&V but then said he'd been caring for a Grandchild who was off school with..... D&V in the days before the vaccine. Hmmm, I wonder?! "

I have a friend who was admitted to hospital with D&V two weeks after her second vaccine. A known side effect but her GP didn’t want to know. Gave her anti sickness tablets. 5 days later she was admitted to hospital after a blood test with kidney issues. She was in for 5 days on a drop and antibiotics. Don’t underestimate V&D or any side effects.

Paisley

Side effects should be reported on the MHRA Yellow Card system and shouldn’t be dismissed lightly. One person maybe able to cope with the side effects but another might not.

Without more accurate reporting nothing will be improved.

Manchester (she/her)

"Side effects should be reported on the MHRA Yellow Card system and shouldn’t be dismissed lightly. One person maybe able to cope with the side effects but another might not.

Without more accurate reporting nothing will be improved. "

Of course. They should be reported and epidemiologists should figure it out.

But do we read more into them at the moment than we would outside a pandemic? I think is the question.

Paisley

"Side effects should be reported on the MHRA Yellow Card system and shouldn’t be dismissed lightly. One person maybe able to cope with the side effects but another might not.

But do we read more into them at the moment than we would outside a pandemic? I think is the question."

Many people aren’t aware that this system even exists so no wonder side effects are under reported. If people are unaware that others are suffering the same side effects they feel as if it’s just them and are unlikely to report them. If they know that it is a side effect then they have more knowledge about what to do about it.

I have suffered with pelvic mesh but until I found a group on Facebook I thought I was alone. There are now several thousand women on the support group and through petitioning government it’s use has been suspended.

The MHRA don’t want you to know that other people have side effects from medicines or devices.

Manchester (she/her)

But do we read more into them at the moment than we would outside a pandemic? I think is the question.

Many people aren’t aware that this system even exists so no wonder side effects are under reported. If people are unaware that others are suffering the same side effects they feel as if it’s just them and are unlikely to report them. If they know that it is a side effect then they have more knowledge about what to do about it.

I have suffered with pelvic mesh but until I found a group on Facebook I thought I was alone. There are now several thousand women on the support group and through petitioning government it’s use has been suspended.

The MHRA don’t want you to know that other people have side effects from medicines or devices. "

If they don't want you to know, then why is it on all the vaccine leaflets and on the lateral flow test instructions?

oldham

But do we read more into them at the moment than we would outside a pandemic? I think is the question."

I think we possibly do and given all the misinformation, scare mongering surrounding the vaccinations it's no wonder people's anxieties are heightened

Manchester (she/her)

I think we possibly do and given all the misinformation, scare mongering surrounding the vaccinations it's no wonder people's anxieties are heightened "

Agreed. Better to report than not. We saw the change in tune from February onwards with the blood clots - that's epidemiology in action. Take the reports. Is this a thing? Hmm. This might be a thing. Ok, maybe it's a thing. And now we know.

By *elsh n wildCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff area

I’ve had both jabs , I had 100% NO !! Side effects at all , I didn’t even feel the needle go in , yes it did as I bleed lol . I am a very positive person and before I went in I made my own mind up that it wasn’t going to effect me . ( and it didn’t) maybe I was lucky or how much is in the mind . Xx

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

The MHRA don’t want you to know that other people have side effects from medicines or devices.

If they don't want you to know, then why is it on all the vaccine leaflets and on the lateral flow test instructions?"

Shhhhh. The lizard people might hear you!

-Matt

oldham

"I’ve had both jabs , I had 100% NO !! Side effects at all , I didn’t even feel the needle go in , yes it did as I bleed lol . I am a very positive person and before I went in I made my own mind up that it wasn’t going to effect me . ( and it didn’t) maybe I was lucky or how much is in the mind . Xx "

It's true there is a lot to be said for the power of positive thought

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve had both jabs , I had 100% NO !! Side effects at all , I didn’t even feel the needle go in , yes it did as I bleed lol . I am a very positive person and before I went in I made my own mind up that it wasn’t going to effect me . ( and it didn’t) maybe I was lucky or how much is in the mind . Xx

It's true there is a lot to be said for the power of positive thought "

I went in saying I'd probably be fine. Lol. Not so much

Side effects, while I'm sure there are a few who experience symptoms, on the whole I think it is acconvenience for those looking to skip going to work for a day or two, and we all know plenty of people in the workplace in this category

"Right off the bat I'm not talking about anyone who has experienced serious issues.

My point is have we got ourselves into a state of hysteria regards the side effects, many are convinced that they will be unwell and naturally when we feel crap it's over egged so to speak.

We have all been in a state of high emotions/anxiety over the past year or so and rightly pretty paranoid regards everything covid.

Now the focus has turned to the vaccine are we all not suffering from a case of mild hypochondria?

And I would definitely put myself in this category,I felt like shit after both jabs and maybe milked the symptoms a bit more than I should have.

But if all the news and stuff on social media hadn't been wall to wall I am hazarding a guess that most of us would have brushed it off without a second thought.

Many thanks x"

All of the talk of blood clots really made my health anxiety flare up and I had to increase my meds. I felt really bad, not because of the vaccine but because of the physical symptoms that accompany severe anxiety.

It didn't help that at the time of my first dose, I hadn't had my eyes tested in two and a half years (worn glasses for 25 years and every two years each eye deteriorates by about 0.75) and was experiencing really bad eye strain headaches because my old glasses were no longer strong enough.

I managed to get new glasses in April and armed with more recent research, I was far less anxious when I had my second jab in May. I did ask my doctor if I should still have the AZ since the media were claiming under 40s should be offered something else, but he assured me he'd just done a webinar and that the consensus was that if you didn't get blood clots after the first dose, the second would be safe. At the time I think they media had reported two cases of clots developing after the second dose, so I decided to trust my GP.

Thankfully I had no side effects whatsoever, that I was conscious of. I'm 100% sure the headaches in March were from eye strain but it didn't help my anxiety levels.

I'm pretty lucky in that sense. I've had all of the usual vaccinations plus extra Meningitis ones for when I lived in halls, HPV, Hep A, Hep B, seasonal flu each year and because my medical records were lost en route to my new practice at uni, I had another round of MMR age 24 just to be sure. Then they found the records and finally digitised them. I tolerate vaccinations pretty well.

I think the only illness I've had (that I know of) that I'd already been vaccinated for was mumps. I think because I was vaccinated I had a really mild case and it only affected one side of my body for a short period.

I think the media does get away with too much scaremongering and that the anxiety they cause people is often worse than what they are (over) reporting on and sensationalising.

oldham

"I’ve had both jabs , I had 100% NO !! Side effects at all , I didn’t even feel the needle go in , yes it did as I bleed lol . I am a very positive person and before I went in I made my own mind up that it wasn’t going to effect me . ( and it didn’t) maybe I was lucky or how much is in the mind . Xx

It's true there is a lot to be said for the power of positive thought

I went in saying I'd probably be fine. Lol. Not so much "

I keep saying this week I'll win the lottery but it never bleeding happens

By *oudicaWoman  over a year ago

Kilkenny

Listening to anecdotal reports, I was thoroughly prepared to be wiped out completely after my second dose so was mildly disappointed that I only had a sore arm!

I’m joking of course, I was grateful to have the shot and even more grateful to have nothing to report afterwards

AGAIN.

I draw your attention to one of the INVENTORS of Mrna technology.

DR Robert Malone.

If you want the absolute truth rather than all the crap you hear from BOTH sides of the argument.

Listen to him.

BTW. AGAIN. The Mrna jab is NOT a vaccine. It's a facilitator of information for the body to create proteins. NOT A VACCINE

It's messenger rna that enters the cells and teaches them to create proteins that illicit an immune response. It's the proteins that creates an immune response. The jab is just a go between.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"AGAIN.

DR Robert Malone.

If you want the absolute truth rather than all the crap you hear from BOTH sides of the argument.

Listen to him.

BTW. AGAIN. The Mrna jab is NOT a vaccine. It's a facilitator of information for the body to create proteins. NOT A VACCINE "

OxfordLanguages English Dictionary: "vaccine

/'vaksi?n,'vaks?n/

noun: vaccine; plural noun: vaccines

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

Kinda sounds like a vaccine to me...

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"AGAIN.

DR Robert Malone.

Listen to him.

BTW. AGAIN. The Mrna jab is NOT a vaccine. It's a facilitator of information for the body to create proteins. NOT A VACCINE

/'vaksi?n,'vaks?n/

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

Kinda sounds like a vaccine to me..."

does what it says on the tin (little glass vial in this case)

Manchester (she/her)

Inventor of the mRNA technology. I believe you misspelled Katalin Karikó

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 29/06/21 16:34:22]

Only time will tell, to see what will happen.

Stockport

"Inventor of the mRNA technology. I believe you misspelled Katalin Karikó"

Along with fellow researcher, immunologist Drew Weissman. I believe that Karikó did much of the founding research, Weissman came in later aiding in development of the technique, and the pair were awarded the patent in 2012? I'm sure that yes there must be a few lab assistants that washed test tubes for them and polished the bunsen burners, but certainly seems that others claiming the invention are being slightly economical with the truth...

Manchester (she/her)

"Inventor of the mRNA technology. I believe you misspelled Katalin Karikó

Along with fellow researcher, immunologist Drew Weissman. I believe that Karikó did much of the founding research, Weissman came in later aiding in development of the technique, and the pair were awarded the patent in 2012? I'm sure that yes there must be a few lab assistants that washed test tubes for them and polished the bunsen burners, but certainly seems that others claiming the invention are being slightly economical with the truth..."

From what I read she was a remarkable woman. Only really read about her. We should honour her achievements and decry anyone trying to take credit for them.

Certainly doesn't say much about their credibility, starting with a whopping great lie like that. What else are they prepared to lie about?

Stockport

Along with fellow researcher, immunologist Drew Weissman. I believe that Karikó did much of the founding research, Weissman came in later aiding in development of the technique, and the pair were awarded the patent in 2012? I'm sure that yes there must be a few lab assistants that washed test tubes for them and polished the bunsen burners, but certainly seems that others claiming the invention are being slightly economical with the truth...

From what I read she was a remarkable woman. Only really read about her. We should honour her achievements and decry anyone trying to take credit for them.

Certainly doesn't say much about their credibility, starting with a whopping great lie like that. What else are they prepared to lie about?"

There is some talk that she may be in line for a Nobel Prize for this work.

Manchester (she/her)

Certainly doesn't say much about their credibility, starting with a whopping great lie like that. What else are they prepared to lie about?

There is some talk that she may be in line for a Nobel Prize for this work. "

I hope so.

And I hope that those who try to take credit for her work are consigned to the dustbin of history.

She's helped save countless lives

"AGAIN.

DR Robert Malone.

Listen to him.

/'vaksi?n,'vaks?n/

Kinda sounds like a vaccine to me..."

It doesn't stimulate antibodies it teaches the body to create proteins. Proteins create antibodies. It's not a vaccine!

"Inventor of the mRNA technology. I believe you misspelled Katalin Karikó"

I didn't say inventor. I said ONE of the inventors OF Mrna TECHNOLOGIES

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"AGAIN.

DR Robert Malone.

Listen to him.

/'vaksi?n,'vaks?n/

It doesn't stimulate antibodies it teaches the body to create proteins. Proteins create antibodies. It's not a vaccine!"

The mRNA vaccines simply introduce into the body a molecule that is normally produced during natural infection, namely the mRNA sequence for the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. In natural infection, this would be transcribed by the host cells (human cells) from the viral RNA, but the viral genome is more than just the spike protein gene, it also contains all the other genes required to assemble new whole virions.

The mRNA vaccines introduce only one gene; no transcription is required because it's already in mRNA form; the host cell ribosome translate the mRNA (exactly the same as in natural infection) and then the spike protein is formed. The spike protein will be "presented" to the adaptive immune system via the usual mechanisms (same as in natural infection), causing B-cells to differentiate into plasma cells, which will form specific antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2.

All vaccines introduce something that causes the immune system to be activated, just the mechanism of stimulation is different in the mRNA vaccines compared to the previous generation of typical vaccines.

Stockport

"AGAIN.

DR Robert Malone.

Listen to him.

/'vaksi?n,'vaks?n/

It doesn't stimulate antibodies it teaches the body to create proteins. Proteins create antibodies. It's not a vaccine!"

It's a substance. The end result is the stimulation of antibodies. It provides immunity. It's prepared from synthetic substitute of the causative agent of a disease. It doesn't induce the disease.

It's administrated in the same way as a vaccine.

Every country in the world is calling it a vaccine.

Still sounds like a vaccine to me.

Oh, and as we established in a different posting, the inventors (and patent holders) of mRNA technology are Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman. Though I'm perfectly prepared to believe that Malone washed test tubes for them or made the coffee or something.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

" It's not a vaccine!"

Firstly, you should be saying they not it, as there are several different options now available.

Secondly, they are all most definitely vaccines.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Mass hysteria did surface and it's somewhat natural, in the context.

Many of the socalled side effects are just the body's natural health processes.

By *matoMan  over a year ago

Around here

Given the reliability of whatever you can find today, especially in mass media that report only the official truth, other sources not being any more reliable either, you could as well turn your question on its head

Dangers of Covid over exaggerated?

..we got ourselves into a state of hysteria regards the dangers of Covid, many are convinced that it's as bad as the return of the bubonic plague

[Removed by poster at 03/07/21 01:47:08]

"Given the reliability of whatever you can find today, especially in mass media that report only the official truth, other sources not being any more reliable either, you could as well turn your question on its head

..we got ourselves into a state of hysteria regards the dangers of Covid, many are convinced that it's as bad as the return of the bubonic plague

"

I don't think 'we' got ourselves into a state. I think the media sensationalised and scaremongered to an extent never seen before.

I'm not for one second denying that Covid is bad or that people have died etc. I follow all of the guidelines and have had my vaccinations etc.

I do think that the press have been allowed too much latitude, and they should be held accountable for the anxiety their stirring has caused, but they made this out to be the end of days and the harm they've done through causing widespread fear and anxiety is something they should be held accountable for. Panic buying always immediately followed sensationalist reporting, which was then in turn reported on causing more panic buying etc. I'm proud to say I never did this, but I know many felt compelled into this behaviour out of fear, or greed.

There's reporting the news, then there's what they did last year which is a whole different league, repeating the same end of days doom and gloom all day every day until it had the population a nervous wreck.

They're still doing it now, with blood clots going on and on and on and on about a ridiculously small number of cases, making it out to be Russian Roulette when it's a minuscule number of cases compared with the doses administered.

If your father took a reaction & subsequently died 3 days after his second dose of the AZ vax would you be concerned or hesitant??

That’s what happened to my father !!!!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

More like the virus is over exaggerated.

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I think they are not being honest about risks with az.

I only took my second dose as really didn't have a choice

Don't understand why media not asking why vaccine daily stats have reduced by over 40 percent. Have not enough vaccines or allot people not taking it or refusing.

Boris said we were going to ramp up and vaccinate as many as possible to 19th. We have ramped down whhy

Bottom line most people don't trust this goverment.

Additionally looking at deaths across the world we have done terrible in this county. Norway 978 deaths danemark under 10 k. Germany under 100 k Spain under 100k.

We have handled his terrible.

Only positive vaccine pulled them out the crap. Jfi had choice wouldn't had az.

Sorry for last poster losing their father I believe them. I'm not antivaxer just don't believe this goverment 128k deaths that's the adjusted figure probably 150 k so why have we done so bad is it a bad goverment or selfish society. Which I had emigrated to Australia or NZ years ago.

I once was proud of thus country now not moral or standard. Moral compass it isn't wrong it's broken out recognition. Untrustworthy and not capable goverment and selfish society.

Az yes there's probably an issue as we don't believe what goverment says so that breads worry and panic

Leeds

"More like the virus is over exaggerated. "

Soed a day in icu or funeral lparlout at height if pandemic you insult the memory of all the people who have lost love ones,.

Leeds

Spend a day

Leeds

Fyi

I know of under 30 year old who HD 2nd dose within 3 weeks.

Goverment said doesn't happen I know it has happened

Leeds

Also interested in your view on care homes.

Do you think it was an error how care homes treated

Or do you think this was part of the plan from the start and Wass not error but deliberate actio.

What do you think interested in everyone's view

Leeds

"Given the reliability of whatever you can find today, especially in mass media that report only the official truth, other sources not being any more reliable either, you could as well turn your question on its head

"

. Tell 150 k familes who have lost some one

Leeds

"Side effects, while I'm sure there are a few who experience symptoms, on the whole I think it is acconvenience for those looking to skip going to work for a day or two, and we all know plenty of people in the workplace in this category"

. Wrong..

Leeds

"I’ve had both jabs , I had 100% NO !! Side effects at all , I didn’t even feel the needle go in , yes it did as I bleed lol . I am a very positive person and before I went in I made my own mind up that it wasn’t going to effect me . ( and it didn’t) maybe I was lucky or how much is in the mind . Xx "

Do you believe earth is flat

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I think they are not being honest about risks with az.

Don't understand why media not asking why vaccine daily stats have reduced by over 40 percent. Have not enough vaccines or allot people not taking it or refusing.

Boris said we were going to ramp up and vaccinate as many as possible to 19th. We have ramped down whhy

Additionally looking at deaths across the world we have done terrible in this county. Norway 978 deaths danemark under 10 k. Germany under 100 k Spain under 100k.

Sorry for last poster losing their father I believe them. I'm not antivaxer just don't believe this goverment 128k deaths that's the adjusted figure probably 150 k so why have we done so bad is it a bad goverment or selfish society. Which I had emigrated to Australia or NZ years ago.

I once was proud of thus country now not moral or standard. Moral compass it isn't wrong it's broken out recognition. Untrustworthy and not capable goverment and selfish society.

Az yes there's probably an issue as we don't believe what goverment says so that breads worry and panic "

I think you need to get out of that "bubble" you're living in and go live somewhere else a little safer if that is your opinion.

Manchester

"Side effects, while I'm sure there are a few who experience symptoms, on the whole I think it is acconvenience for those looking to skip going to work for a day or two, and we all know plenty of people in the workplace in this category

. Wrong.. "

Not wrong

Leeds

Az yes there's probably an issue as we don't believe what goverment says so that breads worry and panic

I think you need to get out of that "bubble" you're living in and go live somewhere else a little safer if that is your opinion."

So you trust the government

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"The talk of side effects has terrified me so yes "
I can assure you that I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever I know people that have some very mild so apparently very bad but I believe alot of it is down to your own threshold some guy's get a cold and some manflu some women get severe period pains others it's a breeze.

Central

"

The reliability of published scientific evidence in the credible literature, is the highest it's ever been.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Bubonic plague can be treated with antibiotics. I'd rather bubonic plague

Frozen shoulder post vaccination...

Not wanting 3rd in my arm!

It's like no one paid any attention in science.

All medicines (indeed all substances including food) have side effects.

Its like some people just woke up and went

"what medicine is not 100% effect or garaunteed to work"

Seriously I used to think Americans had the monopoly on the I'll informed, but it appears all countries have them in equal measure, America just advertised theirs more.

I literally had a private message from a user today calling covid a world wide hoax and using father Christmas as an example of how easy it is to con the world.

I can only be thankful that such people whilst noisy, are low enough in numbers to not be a danger.

"

Tuckers interview with dr. robert malone, the inventor of it was interesting.

By *ockman and ThrobbinCouple  over a year ago

Ilford

"Yep felt like crap for 4 days after second and no didn't over think it, I did feel crap. but glad I had the vaccine "

I also felt like crap for over a week after my second. All sorts of rubbish, heart palpitations, fatigue, general malaise...

By *ulgehunterMan  over a year ago

yorkshire

Felt fine both times

Manchester (she/her)

Tuckers interview with dr. robert malone, the inventor of it was interesting."

He didn't invent it

He didn't invent it "

I meant an expert on it.

Manchester (she/her)

He didn't invent it I meant an expert on it."

Who claims he's an inventor. If he's lying about that, what else is he lying about?

I don't trust liars.

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

Fem had mild flu/cold symtoms and a achy arm for a few days after having both jabs.

Male had no symptoms or tiredness whatsoever after both jabs. Not even an aching arm.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Some people have side effects, some don't.

I never had a pain in my arm like many others did. I felt under the weather for about 4 days after the 1st one.

I felt fine after the 2nd one. We each react differently so it is hard to predict.

My logic is that any side-effects are better than catching or spreading Covid

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I had AZ by the way.

Around here

. Tell 150 k familes who have lost some one"

YOU tell that "while looking them in the eyes" to all the families who lost someone who died because they were too scared or unable to get treatment for cancer, diabetes, heart problems etc or for depression, or all those whose lives were thoroughly screwed, with all the inevitable impact on their health. Not everyone was being paid more than a year 80% of their salary to sit at home doing nothing.

Manchester (she/her)

YOU tell that "while looking them in the eyes" to all the families who lost someone who died because they were too scared or unable to get treatment for cancer, diabetes, heart problems etc or for depression, or all those whose lives were thoroughly screwed, with all the inevitable impact on their health. Not everyone was being paid more than a year 80% of their salary to sit at home doing nothing. "

Goodness, imagine that. A global crisis has knock on effects. Who knew?

Central

YOU tell that "while looking them in the eyes" to all the families who lost someone who died because they were too scared or unable to get treatment for cancer, diabetes, heart problems etc or for depression, or all those whose lives were thoroughly screwed, with all the inevitable impact on their health. Not everyone was being paid more than a year 80% of their salary to sit at home doing nothing. "

There's no league table of suffering. Any decent person will have the fullest amount of compassion for any and everybody who has suffered, lost family and loved ones, struggled with anything outside of their control, directly or indirectly because of the pandemic.

It was a great unknown at the start, nobody knew anything about it, other than its recognition as a virus, by the Chinese. We've learned as we've progressed. There have been many mistakes - some of them learned from. Some countries have done this far better than others.

Manchester

I think you need to get out of that "bubble" you're living in and go live somewhere else a little safer if that is your opinion.

So you trust the government "

They have done better than many and far better than the critics on the opposition benches

With the UK having the worse per-capita death-rate in Europe?

Good job they’re doing well!

"Frozen shoulder post vaccination...

Not wanting 3rd in my arm!"

I asked if I could have it in my buttock and they said they weren't set up to offer a private area to do that. It's supposedly an intramuscular injection so it should be able to go in there.

I have to have regular testosterone injections due to a sleep condition, and intramuscular injections absolutely kill my arms.

I had to start getting the testosterone in my buttocks as my arm was killing for ten days afterwards and it seems to get worse with every injection.

The buttocks are great as they are less dense. I bleed more, but it doesn't hurt really, whereas my arm is crippled for at least a week.

Manchester

"With the UK having the worse per-capita death-rate in Europe?

Good job they’re doing well!"

If you believe the figures coming from all the other countries not to mention there is no standard measuring method. Open your eyes and your mind don't trust any politition of any colour or nationality.

Manchester

FYI, UK are 15th in Europe per capita

By *imale38Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

All i had was flu like symptoms for 24hrs. Had 2nd yesterday and just a sore arm.

Leeds

FYI, UK are 15th in Europe per capita"

Horrendous rate for a so called world leader.nation

Leeds

Agree

Leeds

Tell 150 k familes who lost someone early and 2 million with long covid

Manchester

Horrendous rate for a so called world leader.nation"

How might it have been done better?

Manchester

Horrendous rate for a so called world leader.nation"

Better than many and certainly better than the opposition

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Hypochondriacs in the main like the millions of GP visits every year treated by an aspirin or plaster

Around here

YOU tell that "while looking them in the eyes" to all the families who lost someone who died because they were too scared or unable to get treatment for cancer, diabetes, heart problems etc or for depression, or all those whose lives were thoroughly screwed, with all the inevitable impact on their health. Not everyone was being paid more than a year 80% of their salary to sit at home doing nothing.

Tell 150 k familes who lost someone early and 2 million with long covid"

Leaving aside the extremely dodgy statistics, you persist in completely ignoring all the people who didn't die OF Covid, or not even WITH a "positive test" of uncertain significance, but BECAUSE of "Covid-justified panic" that prevented them from getting treatments they needed.

Or maybe you think that just because no one was banging on every day on every radio or TV channel about the number of people who died that way these dead should simply be ignored?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

1st AZ was rough but 2nd was symptom freed

It happened few days ago, did you hear about the 2 west indies women cricketers? They are now ok, which is good.

"Right off the bat I'm not talking about anyone who has experienced serious issues.

Many thanks x"

So I actually have it. Tested positive this morning. I couldn't work with it(huge brain fog. Massive temperature and feel crap) but it's not dehabillitating. So far I'd put it between a really bad cold and a mild flu. As I say though, only started experiencing symptoms today and I'm 40. So not that old

Many thanks x

So I actually have it. Tested positive this morning. I couldn't work with it(huge brain fog. Massive temperature and feel crap) but it's not dehabillitating. So far I'd put it between a really bad cold and a mild flu. As I say though, only started experiencing symptoms today and I'm 40. So not that old "

Ah this is the jab. Effects everyone different. I'd say 2 hours of feeling awful then fine.

were both jabbed up no side effects what so ever

By *electmaleMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Is it safe for kids ?

Is it necessary for kids ?

"From discussions I've had with people coming back for second jabs, I'd say there is a fair bit of exaggeration and conflation of other issues with vaccine side effects. Like people who say they had severe side effects for several weeks, felt like they were dying etc but when you ask if they sought medical advice, they say no. When you then say "if anything like that happens again after the second, you must get medical advice," then they say "I'm sure I'll be fine etc" and so I doubt it was as severe as they say. We are encouraged to record any reports of severe adverse reactions from first vaccines when doing the screening for the second so when people realise it's going to be written down, they amend their comment.

Or the guy who claimed it gave him D&V but then said he'd been caring for a Grandchild who was off school with..... D&V in the days before the vaccine. Hmmm, I wonder?! "

Well said and so so true. Could not have put it better myself. Well done.

» Add a new message to this topic