FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Holidays… Portugal are letting you in again!!!!

Holidays… Portugal are letting you in again!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

…. But only if you have had both jabs at least a fortnight before you want to go!

Otherwise… it’s quarantine!!!!

Let the euro abuse begin!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm glad Portugal are taking care of their residents.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Ohhhh I quite enjoyed my holiday to Portugal... but would rather wait till I don't have to pay shocking amounts for tests when I have 4 or 5 a week anyway x

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"…. But only if you have had both jabs at least a fortnight before you want to go!

"

Should be standard for all countries, want to travel then get vaccinated

After all we get jabs for most everything else like typhoid hepA etc

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

This sounds pretty sensible It does raise the issue of covid passports but vaccination documents are nothing new.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"…. But only if you have had both jabs at least a fortnight before you want to go!

After all we get jabs for most everything else like typhoid hepA etc "

Typhoid and hepatitis are more deadly than COViD. What happened to “herd vaccinations” being enough?

Now we’re at that point your now moving the goalposts to “EVERYONE vaccinated”.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd expected most countries to want visitors to be vaccinated and/or have tests and quarantine.

It looks like we're not going to have 1 requirement from all EU countries

Manchester (she/her)

"I'd expected most countries to want visitors to be vaccinated and/or have tests and quarantine.

It looks like we're not going to have 1 requirement from all EU countries "

Quite.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Regardless of what the UK do it will always be the recipient country that will set the travel rules.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Ohhhh I quite enjoyed my holiday to Portugal... but would rather wait till I don't have to pay shocking amounts for tests when I have 4 or 5 a week anyway x "

That might be a long wait. The travel companies have stopped doing travel and started doing testing now.

Can anyone explain why when I can get the very same tests free and submit them to gov... I then have to pay to get the same test if I want to travel?

I mean if we are making all adults test 2 or 3 times a week anyway? Then why do we need to pay for an additional test? Surely the paid tests are completely redundant? All school kids are testing and all adults are testing..? So why does anyone need to pay for a further private test to get on a plane for a 3 hour flight to Spain? But can get on a 5 hour train ride from Glasgow to London without such a test?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Lets see what merkel and macron have to say about that aren't they trying to stop all uk travel to the eurozone today?

Manchester (she/her)

"Ohhhh I quite enjoyed my holiday to Portugal... but would rather wait till I don't have to pay shocking amounts for tests when I have 4 or 5 a week anyway x

That might be a long wait. The travel companies have stopped doing travel and started doing testing now.

Can anyone explain why when I can get the very same tests free and submit them to gov... I then have to pay to get the same test if I want to travel?

I mean if we are making all adults test 2 or 3 times a week anyway? Then why do we need to pay for an additional test? Surely the paid tests are completely redundant? All school kids are testing and all adults are testing..? So why does anyone need to pay for a further private test to get on a plane for a 3 hour flight to Spain? But can get on a 5 hour train ride from Glasgow to London without such a test? "

It's what the government are willing to fund. Controlling an epidemic yes, going on holiday no.

Think about plastic surgery. If you're horribly disfigured in a fire, you'll probably get your face done on the NHS. You won't if you don't like your big nose.

Tin town

"Ohhhh I quite enjoyed my holiday to Portugal... but would rather wait till I don't have to pay shocking amounts for tests when I have 4 or 5 a week anyway x

I mean if we are making all adults test 2 or 3 times a week anyway? Then why do we need to pay for an additional test? Surely the paid tests are completely redundant? All school kids are testing and all adults are testing..? So why does anyone need to pay for a further private test to get on a plane for a 3 hour flight to Spain? But can get on a 5 hour train ride from Glasgow to London without such a test?

It's what the government are willing to fund. Controlling an epidemic yes, going on holiday no.

Think about plastic surgery. If you're horribly disfigured in a fire, you'll probably get your face done on the NHS. You won't if you don't like your big nose."

Who you calling big nose?

Manchester (she/her)

Think about plastic surgery. If you're horribly disfigured in a fire, you'll probably get your face done on the NHS. You won't if you don't like your big nose.

Who you calling big nose? "

A hypothetical person to illustrate a point

Tin town

Think about plastic surgery. If you're horribly disfigured in a fire, you'll probably get your face done on the NHS. You won't if you don't like your big nose."

Sure.. But what I'm saying is.. These people are being tested already. For free. At our expense. So they could do a free lft on the Tuesday as part of the "all adults should be doing it" scheme...but can't get on the flight on the weds unless they pay for an additional private test... Also on the Tuesday. Which would make sense were it not on every TV station radio station gov website that all adults needed to be testing twice a week to catch the asymptomatic 33%.

near ipswich

loved that bit in Monty pythons life of brian.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure.. But what I'm saying is.. These people are being tested already. For free. At our expense. So they could do a free lft on the Tuesday as part of the "all adults should be doing it" scheme...but can't get on the flight on the weds unless they pay for an additional private test... Also on the Tuesday. Which would make sense were it not on every TV station radio station gov website that all adults needed to be testing twice a week to catch the asymptomatic 33%."

LFTs aren't sufficient for travel. They're a screen

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Where do you come from, Conk City?"

Tin town

Who you calling big nose?

"Where do you come from, Conk City?" "

Oh! It's blessed are the meek! I'm glad they're getting something, they've had a hell of a time.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"

A fortnight before?

So we are told the 1st jab takes about three weeks to kick start the body’s immune response. So the 2nd jab builds on this and full (c.90%) protection comes into play more quickly?

Also makes me chuckle - Portugal are exercising their sovereignty to allow travel irrespective of what the rest of the EU are doing. Brexiters won’t be happy!

Tin town

A fortnight before?

So we are told the 1st jab takes about three weeks to kick start the body’s immune response. So the 2nd jab builds on this and full (c.90%) protection comes into play more quickly?

Also makes me chuckle - Portugal are exercising their sovereignty to allow travel irrespective of what the rest of the EU are doing. Brexiters won’t be happy!"

I imagine the well known Tui/easyjet scientists have advised appropriately...flight attendant Wayne has a gcse in science.

near ipswich

A fortnight before?

Also makes me chuckle - Portugal are exercising their sovereignty to allow travel irrespective of what the rest of the EU are doing. Brexiters won’t be happy!"

Oh i think they will.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Lets see what merkel and macron have to say about that aren't they trying to stop all uk travel to the eurozone today? "

As the brexiteers say, we've left that club, get over it and stay at home and support the economy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I mean if we are making all adults test 2 or 3 times a week anyway? Then why do we need to pay for an additional test? Surely the paid tests are completely redundant? All school kids are testing and all adults are testing..? So why does anyone need to pay for a further private test to get on a plane for a 3 hour flight to Spain? But can get on a 5 hour train ride from Glasgow to London without such a test? "

All adults are most definitely NOT testing.

It's a small minority who are.

I've had one test since Covid began and I don't know anyone that tests (unless they work in care)

Manchester (she/her)

Lets see what merkel and macron have to say about that aren't they trying to stop all uk travel to the eurozone today?

As the brexiteers say, we've left that club, get over it and stay at home and support the economy"

For once I agree with them

Sure.. But what I'm saying is.. These people are being tested already. For free. At our expense. So they could do a free lft on the Tuesday as part of the "all adults should be doing it" scheme...but can't get on the flight on the weds unless they pay for an additional private test... Also on the Tuesday. Which would make sense were it not on every TV station radio station gov website that all adults needed to be testing twice a week to catch the asymptomatic 33%.

LFTs aren't sufficient for travel. They're a screen"

They're not really sufficient for anything.

Manchester (she/her)

LFTs aren't sufficient for travel. They're a screen

They're not really sufficient for anything."

I have my hesitations about them too. But foreign countries are absolutely within their rights to reject them, and the UK government is well within its rights to not pay for tests so you can go sun yourself in the Algarve.

Typhoid and hepatitis are more deadly than COViD. What happened to “herd vaccinations” being enough?

Now we’re at that point your now moving the goalposts to “EVERYONE vaccinated”. "

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

As of this Thursday, double vaxxed or PCR test to enter Spain. This coincides with the Europe wide vaccine certificate to travel date, and with the Delta variant taking hold I would imagine that most countries are going to be asking for this very very soon.

Very sensible we think.

We are both double vaxxed and get tested at least twice a week.

Bring on our flights to Gran Canaria on Thursday!

Now we’re at that point your now moving the goalposts to “EVERYONE vaccinated”. "

dont bother trying to explain..the sheep on here have got their head in the sand...

"As of this Thursday, double vaxxed or PCR test to enter Spain. This coincides with the Europe wide vaccine certificate to travel date, and with the Delta variant taking hold I would imagine that most countries are going to be asking for this very very soon.

Very sensible we think.

We are both double vaxxed and get tested at least twice a week.

Bring on our flights to Gran Canaria on Thursday!"

Make sure you shout out from the roof tops once you have your boosters too

dont bother trying to explain..the sheep on here have got their head in the sand..."

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lets see what merkel and macron have to say about that aren't they trying to stop all uk travel to the eurozone today? "

No… they are trying to get uniformity in the rules…. So for example the Netherlands, France and Germany won’t let anyone in… whereas Portugal and Spain are going down the double jab and pcr test route….

Newcastle and Gateshead

dont bother trying to explain..the sheep on here have got their head in the sand..."

Well… if you ever want to travel abroad again any time soon…..

dont bother trying to explain..the sheep on here have got their head in the sand...

"

It depends..thats assuming the pandemic is here to stay. I can wait it out plenty of amazing beaches in theUK lol

Tin town

No… they are trying to get uniformity in the rules…. So for example the Netherlands, France and Germany won’t let anyone in… whereas Portugal and Spain are going down the double jab and pcr test route…."

It might be that one rule works best in one area and a different rule works best in another?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

The problem is people not willing to contribute to herd immunity but expect to get all the benefits.

Manchester (she/her)

It depends..thats assuming the pandemic is here to stay. I can wait it out plenty of amazing beaches in theUK lol"

Did you see the open letter to vaccine trial volunteers, making sure that they're not disadvantaged in the event that domestic vaccine passports happen?

Seems to suggest to me that the government is thinking about it...

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

No… they are trying to get uniformity in the rules…. So for example the Netherlands, France and Germany won’t let anyone in… whereas Portugal and Spain are going down the double jab and pcr test route…."

PROJECT FEAR!!!! Brexiters KNOW the countries in the EU have no sovereignty or control over their borders!!!

Tin town

Given how our 3rd wave is developing... I can't imagine many places will be letting us in in August and September.

» Add a new message to this topic