FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Flu jab

Flu jab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Will you be getting the flu jab this autumn?

It's possible that we'll get a bigger incidence of it this year, as nobody got immunity by catching it last year, pretty much.

If you catch flu, your body may be weaker and thus more prone to a covid infection.

I've had mine for over a decade. No side effects.

If more of us wear masks in winter, we may help to reduce its prevention and infecting others.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree but I genuinely think the wash your hands message needs to be ramped up above mask wearing as I think that would make a much bigger difference to spread of all virus going forward plus its something everyone can do and not controversial

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yep, I'll have mine. Mr KC will probably pay for one at a pharmacy.

"Yep, I'll have mine. Mr KC will probably pay for one at a pharmacy."

We will both be having ours but when we are offered as we have for the last however many years.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I will be getting mine again this year as soon as it's available

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Yep.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

As soon as I can

Yes I will be having mine when it's offered.

X

Yep get it free for being over 50. ,

Yes I will book myself in for a flu jab again. I have only started having them 2 years ago, but I think it's more important than ever now.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

No

No. I had a very bad reaction to one once (hospitalised then months to recover) and was advised never to have another.

Yes I will

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Nope wont be getting nan when she was alive ended up in hospital after having it and laid my mum out for a week the one and only time she had it

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes I will have it

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Will you be getting the flu jab this autumn?

It's possible that we'll get a bigger incidence of it this year, as nobody got immunity by catching it last year, pretty much.

If you catch flu, your body may be weaker and thus more prone to a covid infection.

If more of us wear masks in winter, we may help to reduce its prevention and infecting others. "

Absolutely! Already had the email. And registered for it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yes, I pay for it and the boss gets it via her work..

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes. Have had an email from Lloyds chemist, this morning, to register interest. They are starting them from September 21st. Had last year's jab in Tescos!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Maybe advice has changed, as I was now reading it will possible to get your flu jab the same time as a covid 3rd jab (booster if the booster scheme does go ahead).

I know that my neighbour had to wait a month between her flu and covid jab, but it's possible that advice has changed due to more data.

chelmsford

"Maybe advice has changed, as I was now reading it will possible to get your flu jab the same time as a covid 3rd jab (booster if the booster scheme does go ahead).

I know that my neighbour had to wait a month between her flu and covid jab, but it's possible that advice has changed due to more data."

That would be good, if they could do them both together

Manchester (she/her)

"Maybe advice has changed, as I was now reading it will possible to get your flu jab the same time as a covid 3rd jab (booster if the booster scheme does go ahead).

I know that my neighbour had to wait a month between her flu and covid jab, but it's possible that advice has changed due to more data."

Yes, I wonder about that too.

I had my flu jab for the 1st time last autumn. I never felt the need for one prior to that as I had never had the flu in the previous 63 winters. I only had it this time because I was told it was to help protect the NHS during Covid.

I'll probably have it again this autumn because I'm a year older and again can see the need to protect the NHS this coming winter.

As for the Covid booster jab can someone point me to where the evidence is that a booster is needed. I was under the impression they were still undecided how long immunity was lasting after the initial double jabs.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

No...I felt awful when I had one before.

I know that my neighbour had to wait a month between her flu and covid jab, but it's possible that advice has changed due to more data.

That would be good, if they could do them both together "

Not if you are in the 60+ range. The 'flu vaccine for that range is likely to be the ATiV (adjuvanted trivalent inactivated vaccine) which promotes a much stronger immune response. It's an arm-killer! (not literally)

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I had my flu jab for the 1st time last autumn. I never felt the need for one prior to that as I had never had the flu in the previous 63 winters. I only had it this time because I was told it was to help protect the NHS during Covid.

I'll probably have it again this autumn because I'm a year older and again can see the need to protect the NHS this coming winter.

As for the Covid booster jab can someone point me to where the evidence is that a booster is needed. I was under the impression they were still undecided how long immunity was lasting after the initial double jabs."

I was reading earlier that immunity is starting to wear off after about 6-months so there will probably be a booster jab.

I presume there will be a 6-month cycle, with people getting two boosters annually to keep their immunity.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Yes i will be getting mine ,i never have a cold when i have it .

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes likely. However waiting to see the proposed plan for the covid booster and whether the two will run succinctly

"Yes likely. However waiting to see the proposed plan for the covid booster and whether the two will run succinctly"

It's being trialled now.

And will likely be for those most vulnerable, at first.

This information comes from the UK govt, and may change several times in the next 5 minutes.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Yes likely. However waiting to see the proposed plan for the covid booster and whether the two will run succinctly

It's being trialled now.

And will likely be for those most vulnerable, at first.

This information comes from the UK govt, and may change several times in the next 5 minutes."

Haha probably. Thanks, had seen they are starting on the plan for the covid booster for 50+, fingers crossed the trials go well and can get both done at the same time

I will get the flu jab,i always do. I have asthma that's not very well controlled so it's important for me to have the flu jab.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I've been having the flu jabs years and shall deffo b having it as usual! I know it's not supposed to but it stops me getting colds not had a cold in years must be at least 5 x

Lol how do you know no one got the flu last year

"Lol how do you know no one got the flu last year "

Do you know why it wasn’t going around last year ? Masks, social distance, uptake of vaccine and hand hygeine. Not rocket science

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No I wont. I have never taken or needed one.

By *eptimiusMan  over a year ago

East

Firstly its not a vaccine. Vaccines offer immunity this doesnt. Secondly why would I have this injection when can still catch it still have to wear a mask and issolate etc. Thirdly not one person whom has had injection has any clue regarding what effect it will have on them in the future. Fourthly( ? ) More cases of adverse ractions from mild to death have been recorded from this injection than other vaccines in the past 30 years.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual what they do but what I will say thou is get as much information first before committing

"Lol how do you know no one got the flu last year

Do you know why it wasn’t going around last year ? Masks, social distance, uptake of vaccine and hand hygeine. Not rocket science "

Not marathon rebranded to snickers then ? After all does seem a tad strange that even in countries or states that have non of these measures in place for the beginning or a while the flu still seems non existent ?

[Removed by poster at 01/07/21 13:50:17]

"Firstly its not a vaccine. Vaccines offer immunity this doesnt. Secondly why would I have this injection when can still catch it still have to wear a mask and issolate etc. Thirdly not one person whom has had injection has any clue regarding what effect it will have on them in the future. Fourthly( ? ) More cases of adverse ractions from mild to death have been recorded from this injection than other vaccines in the past 30 years.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual what they do but what I will say thou is get as much information first before committing "

Might want to check the thread title…..

East

[Removed by poster at 01/07/21 13:51:10]

East

Yeah probably right lol

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

most definitely.

"No. I had a very bad reaction to one once (hospitalised then months to recover) and was advised never to have another."

And this is exactly why everyone who can have one should so people like you are protected.

"No. I had a very bad reaction to one once (hospitalised then months to recover) and was advised never to have another.

And this is exactly why everyone who can have one should so people like you are protected. "

Beginning to see you might not be a believer in natural immunity and healthy nutrition , does it only come out of a bottle this herd immunity protection you speak of ?

Manchester (she/her)

"No. I had a very bad reaction to one once (hospitalised then months to recover) and was advised never to have another.

And this is exactly why everyone who can have one should so people like you are protected.

Beginning to see you might not be a believer in natural immunity and healthy nutrition , does it only come out of a bottle this herd immunity protection you speak of ? "

Natural immunity is what gives us 30% death toll from smallpox, crippled kids with polio, birth defects following rubella exposure, etc.

Natural immunity can go fuck itself

Beginning to see you might not be a believer in natural immunity and healthy nutrition , does it only come out of a bottle this herd immunity protection you speak of ?

Natural immunity is what gives us 30% death toll from smallpox, crippled kids with polio, birth defects following rubella exposure, etc.

Natural immunity can go fuck itself "

It also prevents the spanish flu , black death and various other nasties from returning , ones that actually killed millions of people on there own without dodgy maths and grabbing all from other illnesses , so wouldn’t say fuck off to it perhaps ?

Manchester (she/her)

It also prevents the spanish flu , black death and various other nasties from returning , ones that actually killed millions of people on there own without dodgy maths and grabbing all from other illnesses , so wouldn’t say fuck off to it perhaps ? "

The black death can be treated with antibiotics and the Spanish flu is a form of H1N1, so, not so much.

If the choice is natural immunity or modern medicine, then natural immunity can go fuck itself

North West

It also prevents the spanish flu , black death and various other nasties from returning , ones that actually killed millions of people on there own without dodgy maths and grabbing all from other illnesses , so wouldn’t say fuck off to it perhaps ? "

Natural immunity (or lack thereof) is why so many people died in the 1918/19 flu pandemic and of bubonic plague! They LACKED prior exposure to the pathogen and so had no immunity. So they died. Jeez. If it had been possible to create a vaccine in those eras for the flu, plague or whatever, then I'm confident that the citizens of yesteryear would have taken them.

Incidentally, I'm sure you know bubonic plague still occurs in many parts of the world, but due to nasty scientists developing antibiotics and other such things, it's a very treatable disease in the 21st century

It also prevents the spanish flu , black death and various other nasties from returning , ones that actually killed millions of people on there own without dodgy maths and grabbing all from other illnesses , so wouldn’t say fuck off to it perhaps ?

The black death can be treated with antibiotics and the Spanish flu is a form of H1N1, so, not so much.

If the choice is natural immunity or modern medicine, then natural immunity can go fuck itself "

But if thats the case then flu can also be treated with antibiotics ? So everyone doesn’t need a jab ? and if we moving on to covid and that can be helped via ivermectin or the brown inhaler etc not all need it either ....marvellous we agree and solved it all between us ....who knew two sides could come together and do such a thing , only take medicine when you need it and a vaccine should only be given to you should you need it also ...

chelmsford

That would be good, if they could do them both together

Not if you are in the 60+ range. The 'flu vaccine for that range is likely to be the ATiV (adjuvanted trivalent inactivated vaccine) which promotes a much stronger immune response. It's an arm-killer! (not literally)"

Ouch!

Manchester (she/her)

If the choice is natural immunity or modern medicine, then natural immunity can go fuck itself

But if thats the case then flu can also be treated with antibiotics ? So everyone doesn’t need a jab ? and if we moving on to covid and that can be helped via ivermectin or the brown inhaler etc not all need it either ....marvellous we agree and solved it all between us ....who knew two sides could come together and do such a thing , only take medicine when you need it and a vaccine should only be given to you should you need it also ... "

No, a virus can't be treated with antibiotics

Ivermectin has not enough evidence to support it being used

I have no idea what a brown inhaler has to do with anything.

So, no, we emphatically do not agree.

Beginning to see you might not be a believer in natural immunity and healthy nutrition , does it only come out of a bottle this herd immunity protection you speak of ? "

Flu can and does kill anyone.

If you genuinely believe just being healthy and young is enough to protect you, you can talk to my friend who 4 years ago lost her perfectly healthy 13 year old daughter who died of influenza B. So by all means rely on your immune system but if there is a perfectly safe vaccine that could have saved that young girl's life then I dont understand why people wouldn't take it.

North West

But if thats the case then flu can also be treated with antibiotics ? So everyone doesn’t need a jab ? and if we moving on to covid and that can be helped via ivermectin or the brown inhaler etc not all need it either ....marvellous we agree and solved it all between us ....who knew two sides could come together and do such a thing , only take medicine when you need it and a vaccine should only be given to you should you need it also ... "

Influenza is a virus. Antibiotics do not work against viruses. Vaccination is our only tool to control viral infections - most of the vaccines in the regular schedule are against viruses.

Vaccines are a preventative tool to reduce the incidence of circulating viruses, they need to be used in a high proportion of the susceptible population and such levels of immunity need to be maintained to stop them bouncing back. Just look at what's happened with measles and mumps when vaccination rates declined - significant outbreaks of both of these viruses. Measles and mumps both can lead to permenant injury/disability/death so are certainly worth preventing. I'm sure you don't fancy your teenage son becoming infertile due to mumps affecting his testes or sight impaired or suffering from encephalitis (often fatal) due to measles.

North West

But if thats the case then flu can also be treated with antibiotics ? So everyone doesn’t need a jab ? and if we moving on to covid and that can be helped via ivermectin or the brown inhaler etc not all need it either ....marvellous we agree and solved it all between us ....who knew two sides could come together and do such a thing , only take medicine when you need it and a vaccine should only be given to you should you need it also ...

No, a virus can't be treated with antibiotics

Ivermectin has not enough evidence to support it being used

I have no idea what a brown inhaler has to do with anything.

So, no, we emphatically do not agree."

To add, the "brown inhaler" comment probably refers to budesonide, an asthma drug (steroid) which has limited evidence for use in Covid. There's far stronger evidence for the use of dexamethasone, however. Budesonide is given in an inhaler whilst dexamethasone has to be given IV in Covid patients, so is restricted to hospital use.

Influenza is a virus. Antibiotics do not work against viruses. Vaccination is our only tool to control viral infections - most of the vaccines in the regular schedule are against viruses.

Vaccines are a preventative tool to reduce the incidence of circulating viruses, they need to be used in a high proportion of the susceptible population and such levels of immunity need to be maintained to stop them bouncing back. Just look at what's happened with measles and mumps when vaccination rates declined - significant outbreaks of both of these viruses. Measles and mumps both can lead to permenant injury/disability/death so are certainly worth preventing. I'm sure you don't fancy your teenage son becoming infertile due to mumps affecting his testes or sight impaired or suffering from encephalitis (often fatal) due to measles. "

Slightly ott no ?? Firstly you have no idea whether i can have children or not , a subject post 2020 you wouldn’t have been so quick to rant about on a forum on fab ....

That aside i never said i wouldn’t / couldn’t / do or don’t take vaccinations for any or all the diseases listed here by you or anyone else on this forum ...just highlighting the otherside of the argument , and discussing it should be fine ....but this whole topic thread is down right toxic ...divisive and i would suggest all who write in it have a nice quiet word with there post feb 2020 self ....if you come away from that with the same mind set id suggest a walk and switching off the media for a bit !

Manchester (she/her)

Vaccines are a preventative tool to reduce the incidence of circulating viruses, they need to be used in a high proportion of the susceptible population and such levels of immunity need to be maintained to stop them bouncing back. Just look at what's happened with measles and mumps when vaccination rates declined - significant outbreaks of both of these viruses. Measles and mumps both can lead to permenant injury/disability/death so are certainly worth preventing. I'm sure you don't fancy your teenage son becoming infertile due to mumps affecting his testes or sight impaired or suffering from encephalitis (often fatal) due to measles.

Slightly ott no ?? Firstly you have no idea whether i can have children or not , a subject post 2020 you wouldn’t have been so quick to rant about on a forum on fab ....

That aside i never said i wouldn’t / couldn’t / do or don’t take vaccinations for any or all the diseases listed here by you or anyone else on this forum ...just highlighting the otherside of the argument , and discussing it should be fine ....but this whole topic thread is down right toxic ...divisive and i would suggest all who write in it have a nice quiet word with there post feb 2020 self ....if you come away from that with the same mind set id suggest a walk and switching off the media for a bit ! "

You said a poster should rely on natural immunity. Natural immunity means all of these risks.

That aside i never said i wouldn’t / couldn’t / do or don’t take vaccinations for any or all the diseases listed here by you or anyone else on this forum ...just highlighting the otherside of the argument , and discussing it should be fine ....but this whole topic thread is down right toxic ...divisive and i would suggest all who write in it have a nice quiet word with there post feb 2020 self ....if you come away from that with the same mind set id suggest a walk and switching off the media for a bit !

You said a poster should rely on natural immunity. Natural immunity means all of these risks."

You said a poster should rely on natural immunity. Natural immunity means all of these risks."

Actually i said all things combine in many ways but hell lets just beg to differ ie a vaccine along community immunity to past diseases etc , it does not have to come only from a bottle is what I'm implying but again you know that ....

Manchester (she/her)

You said a poster should rely on natural immunity. Natural immunity means all of these risks.

Actually i said all things combine in many ways but hell lets just beg to differ ie a vaccine along community immunity to past diseases etc , it does not have to come only from a bottle is what I'm implying but again you know that ...."

Why do you think that people who accept the vaccine do not also look after their health? I think that's what you're saying, anyway.

Sheffield

They had natural immunity in the days when my dad was a kid. They also had every fourth family with at least one kid dead before adolescence.

Dudley

That aside i never said i wouldn’t / couldn’t / do or don’t take vaccinations for any or all the diseases listed here by you or anyone else on this forum ...just highlighting the otherside of the argument , and discussing it should be fine ....but this whole topic thread is down right toxic ...divisive and i would suggest all who write in it have a nice quiet word with there post feb 2020 self ....if you come away from that with the same mind set id suggest a walk and switching off the media for a bit ! "

You seem to have a huge misunderstanding about immunity, either natural or from medicine.

You have also posted in this thread, maybe take your own advice?

Dudley

Actually i said all things combine in many ways but hell lets just beg to differ ie a vaccine along community immunity to past diseases etc , it does not have to come only from a bottle is what I'm implying but again you know that ...."

When did you say that?

Actually no you didn't you said to me that " Beginning to see you might not be a believer in natural immunity and healthy nutrition" not what I said at all so there was only one person taking things out of context.

I can see why people have warned me privately about this virus topic on the forums , about how toxic and bad it can be ....about there is little to no debate ....so on that note i wish you all the very best in whatever you all choose to do from here on in ...i will not be posting here again .but one thing i will say again is , have a word with your 2020 self ...i do regularly just so i can stay sane in world losing its mind ....

Manchester (she/her)

"I can see why people have warned me privately about this virus topic on the forums , about how toxic and bad it can be ....about there is little to no debate ....so on that note i wish you all the very best in whatever you all choose to do from here on in ...i will not be posting here again .but one thing i will say again is , have a word with your 2020 self ...i do regularly just so i can stay sane in world losing its mind ...."

I'm sorry that you find this challenging, but unfortunately a) you're factually incorrect, b) you're taking back what you posted when it's there to be read in black and white, and c) I knew all this stuff and felt this way in 2019, too.

"I can see why people have warned me privately about this virus topic on the forums , about how toxic and bad it can be ....about there is little to no debate ....so on that note i wish you all the very best in whatever you all choose to do from here on in ...i will not be posting here again .but one thing i will say again is , have a word with your 2020 self ...i do regularly just so i can stay sane in world losing its mind ...."

I dont understand why you are surprised because you have commented several times over the last year on this forum plus people a debating with you they just disagree which I'm sure you understand that is what a debate is.

So the way I see it is because people have disagreed with you, you are calling them toxic and also trying to discuss private messages which is against forum rules.

Dudley

So you post false information then call the forum toxic for not agreeing with you? Wonderful

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It would be helpful if people are going to say something is against rules that it was right

Airing dirty washing rule is airing dirty washing on the forum that is happening between you and another person

The PM rule is quoting messages onto the forum

The person is doing neither

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Back to the OP, also if you find yourself getting aggressive, please log off as the forum summary asks

Forum Rules

In summary: If you treat other people with respect, you can't go far wrong. Don't forget that the forums are meant to be fun, if you find yourself fuming and writing long angry messages you're probably best taking a break from it

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Got a email yesterday from Lloyds about booking early doors. I get it free anyway but that’s later on usually May just get it early.

It’s going to a heavy flu season. I never thought about getting them before last year but Covid has changed my mindset on the jab.

"Got a email yesterday from Lloyds about booking early doors. I get it free anyway but that’s later on usually May just get it early.

It’s going to a heavy flu season. I never thought about getting them before last year but Covid has changed my mindset on the jab.

"

I got that from lloyds and when I spoke to the pharmacist yesterday they said it was just so they know how many to order and so that as soon as they know when they are getting them in they can start booking people in. I asked if I had it with them would I get it sooner than the GP? probably not was the answer. So I have showed an interest with both and will go with who ever could offer it to me soonest.

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I couldn't get mine last year. Demand was too high. I expect it will be the same this year.

chelmsford

"Got a email yesterday from Lloyds about booking early doors. I get it free anyway but that’s later on usually May just get it early.

I got that from lloyds and when I spoke to the pharmacist yesterday they said it was just so they know how many to order and so that as soon as they know when they are getting them in they can start booking people in. I asked if I had it with them would I get it sooner than the GP? probably not was the answer. So I have showed an interest with both and will go with who ever could offer it to me soonest. "

Same here Lorna. When I enquired at my GP last year, they said it would be November..eventually got it at Tesco in October.So I've shown an interest and will go with the first offer!

Central

Personal wellbeingx including nutrition, stress levels and natural exposure, all affect immunity, as will natural immunity gained from vaccines.

Our population immunity is loeered this year due to the absence of flu last year

As some can't get vaccinated, it relies on the rest of us to get vaccinated, to develop a strong enough herd immunity to protect them. Flu is debillitating and can and does kill. As with covid, we get vaccinated for the benefit of all

By *eaky00Man  over a year ago

Norfolk

Absolutely I will be

How do they know the flu is making a comeback? According to the WHO flumart, the flu disappeared around week 16 2020, coincidentally the same time as Covid appeared !! So that’s a big fat NO from me for the flu jab, in fact it’s a big fat NO for any jab, never had any form of poison vaccine in my life, and I ain’t starting now.

Sheffield

"How do they know the flu is making a comeback? According to the WHO flumart, the flu disappeared around week 16 2020, coincidentally the same time as Covid appeared !! So that’s a big fat NO from me for the flu jab, in fact it’s a big fat NO for any jab, never had any form of poison vaccine in my life, and I ain’t starting now. "

So that's no vaccines ever? Not TB? Not measles? Not polio? Not chicken pox? Not tetanus?

Manchester (she/her)

"How do they know the flu is making a comeback? According to the WHO flumart, the flu disappeared around week 16 2020, coincidentally the same time as Covid appeared !! So that’s a big fat NO from me for the flu jab, in fact it’s a big fat NO for any jab, never had any form of poison vaccine in my life, and I ain’t starting now.

So that's no vaccines ever? Not TB? Not measles? Not polio? Not chicken pox? Not tetanus?"

Some people do refuse to vaccinate their kids against tetanus. It's a nasty way to die.

Dudley

"How do they know the flu is making a comeback? According to the WHO flumart, the flu disappeared around week 16 2020, coincidentally the same time as Covid appeared !! So that’s a big fat NO from me for the flu jab, in fact it’s a big fat NO for any jab, never had any form of poison vaccine in my life, and I ain’t starting now. "

Do you drink alcohol? Take other medications? Eat anything processed?

Central

You didn't quote a source for 'disappeared' and it's certain that flu has not been eradicated from earth. It was suppressed last winter in the southern hemisphere and subsequently in the Northern too, in part due to the restrictions in place against covid.

As for the tosh about vaccines, it defies common sense observation. It's your body and health but you affect others, who depend on people making intelligent decisions to create herd immunity for everyone's benefit

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

what about childhood vaccines... you will have had them I would imagine. And flu did not disappear... it was kept at bay due to better hygiene and masks etc

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

If more of us wear masks in winter, we may help to reduce its prevention and infecting others. "

Had it every year - I'm always promoting it here and in the club. I bet that millions more will have it this year than in previous years, too.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I highly doubt flu was kept at bay last year, more likely death's attributed to covid were flu

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Though there is concern flu will be more of a problem this year due to the flu shot program essentially being a year behind

Regardless, I'm only 40. Too young for a flu shot and I'm no more worried about it now than I have been before

Sheffield

"Though there is concern flu will be more of a problem this year due to the flu shot program essentially being a year behind

Regardless, I'm only 40. Too young for a flu shot and I'm no more worried about it now than I have been before"

I was only 40 when I got flu. I'd never been worried about it either, until I caught it. Weeks of very serious illness, months of being too weak to do anything much, about a year before I was even approaching anything like fitness again.

It's a very nice physique you have there in your profile picture - if you catch influenza (proper influenza, not a cold or man-flu) I can pretty well guarantee that you'll never manage to build back up to the same level. Respiratory illnesses are an absolute fucker to your entire system, and trying to rebuild when you're 40 is a whole different thing from getting in top condition when you're in your 20's or 30's.

Free with work so why not

"I highly doubt flu was kept at bay last year, more likely death's attributed to covid were flu"

Feaths attributed to covid, were people with a positive PCR test for covid. They may well have had flu at the same time, but they all tested + for covid.

By *rotic2Couple  over a year ago

DONCASTER

We were lined up to have ours until a relative (33) had both jabs because of work and died within a week. We faound out then that three of his colleagues had also died within about a week of each other after having had the jabs! We have decided to wait a couple of years until they have finished the trials.

Dudley

"We were lined up to have ours until a relative (33) had both jabs because of work and died within a week. We faound out then that three of his colleagues had also died within about a week of each other after having had the jabs! We have decided to wait a couple of years until they have finished the trials."

The flu jab?

Manchester (she/her)

"We were lined up to have ours until a relative (33) had both jabs because of work and died within a week. We faound out then that three of his colleagues had also died within about a week of each other after having had the jabs! We have decided to wait a couple of years until they have finished the trials."

So you're waiting until December 2020?

Central

"Though there is concern flu will be more of a problem this year due to the flu shot program essentially being a year behind

Regardless, I'm only 40. Too young for a flu shot and I'm no more worried about it now than I have been before"

There's no adult age that's too young. Children get vaccinated too. Did you avoid covid vax too?

Central

That's a peculiarly high death rate at a workplace.

The 1st covid vaccine was approved and given in the UK last year, to that lovely old lady.

Flu vaccines have been approved for decades.

Over 2 billion covid doses now given and the real world results are safe and astounding

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Had mine for very 1st time last Autumn and even tho it hurt loads more than covid jab will be having it again

By *urrey sir and slutCouple  over a year ago

Kingston Upon Thames

Certainly be getting mine as I do every year -Ive had proper flu as opposed to a cold only twice both times ended up in hospital and 2nd time it turned to pnumonia and I was in intensive care

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Bloody hell. That must have made the national news. 4 workmates dying within a week of each other after having the 2nd jab a week before

Manchester (she/her)

"We were lined up to have ours until a relative (33) had both jabs because of work and died within a week. We faound out then that three of his colleagues had also died within about a week of each other after having had the jabs! We have decided to wait a couple of years until they have finished the trials.

Bloody hell. That must have made the national news. 4 workmates dying within a week of each other after having the 2nd jab a week before"

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Definitely headline grabbing.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Bloody hell. That must have made the national news. 4 workmates dying within a week of each other after having the 2nd jab a week before"

I wonder how I missed hearing about it ?

I'm 38 and been having the flu jab for 10 years.

Manchester (she/her)

Regardless, I'm only 40. Too young for a flu shot and I'm no more worried about it now than I have been before

I'm 38 and been having the flu jab for 10 years. "

I'm 35 and have had the flu jab for 20 years.

It's possible that we'll get a bigger incidence of it this year, as nobody got immunity by catching it last year,

thats because covid is the new flu hasn't anyone worked it out yet

Manchester (she/her)

It's possible that we'll get a bigger incidence of it this year, as nobody got immunity by catching it last year,

If more of us wear masks in winter, we may help to reduce its prevention and infecting others. thats because covid is the new flu hasn't anyone worked it out yet"

It's amazing that this is so obvious, but the greatest minds on earth equipped with genetic analysis seem to think that it's a corona virus rather than influenza.

...I think what was meant is that we should expect sars-cov-2 to be regarded as an "annual" event, like influenza.

Manchester (she/her)

"...I think what was meant is that we should expect sars-cov-2 to be regarded as an "annual" event, like influenza."

It's very difficult to tell - many people do argue that it's just flu.

Never been offered the flu jab and I've no intention to have it yet.

"...I think what was meant is that we should expect sars-cov-2 to be regarded as an "annual" event, like influenza.

It's very difficult to tell - many people do argue that it's just flu."

Different virus.

Which would be easily seen in a PCR test. The rapid antigen tests would not react to flu

Manchester (she/her)

"...I think what was meant is that we should expect sars-cov-2 to be regarded as an "annual" event, like influenza.

It's very difficult to tell - many people do argue that it's just flu.

Different virus.

Which would be easily seen in a PCR test. The rapid antigen tests would not react to flu"

I know and you know that. Not everyone does, it seems

Central

"Never been offered the flu jab and I've no intention to have it yet. "

It's available for everyone, not just those with conditions making them more vulnerable or over 50s. Most high Street supermarket pharmacies do them, from about £10.

It remains to be announced whether they will be given in conjunction with the covid vaccines.

"

It remains to be announced whether they will be given in conjunction with the covid vaccines. "

That's a whole new ball game.

I doubt any tests have been conducted on mixing vaccines intended to combat different pathogens.

And there are several different types of flu vaccine: Live Attenuated Influenza vaccine (kids) The Adjuvanted Trivalent Influenza Vaccine (over-65s, sometimes the Quadrivalent (QiV) type if the ATiV is unavailable)

The QiV vaccine is also for most adults. I wouldn't like to have the ATiV vaccine at the same time as a booster for CV...super-arm-deadener

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I will have my flu jab when I’m invited to do so and a covid booster if required.

Dudley

"

It remains to be announced whether they will be given in conjunction with the covid vaccines.

That's a whole new ball game.

I doubt any tests have been conducted on mixing vaccines intended to combat different pathogens.

And there are several different types of flu vaccine: Live Attenuated Influenza vaccine (kids) The Adjuvanted Trivalent Influenza Vaccine (over-65s, sometimes the Quadrivalent (QiV) type if the ATiV is unavailable)

The QiV vaccine is also for most adults. I wouldn't like to have the ATiV vaccine at the same time as a booster for CV...super-arm-deadener

"

I don't think they meant mixing the vaccines, I think they meant giving them at the same time, one in each arm?

Two vaccines given concurrently would require to be authorised. Tests would be needed. The gov recommends at least one week between flu and covid vaccines.

Central

"Two vaccines given concurrently would require to be authorised. Tests would be needed. The gov recommends at least one week between flu and covid vaccines."

We don't have the full plans yet but they may potentially research same day jabs, getting renewed approval. With limited staff resources, it could be helpful to be able to do it but not if it was dangerous, of course.

I have it every year with work and will continue to do so

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I am not yet in a demographic that gets offered the flu jab, but when I am, I will take it.

Cal

Central

[Removed by poster at 11/07/21 11:03:30]

Central

"I am not yet in a demographic that gets offered the flu jab, but when I am, I will take it.

Cal"

You could potentially get it from a pharmacy, such as at Tescos, Asda or Superdrug etc, Cal.

» Add a new message to this topic