FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > AstraZeneca Travel Passport

AstraZeneca Travel Passport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *allySlinky OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Idiocity at it best

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

British tourist money is important, wonder how long this will last?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"British tourist money is important, wonder how long this will last? "

Probably not long. They are looking into it now.

How would you know which az injection you had?

Leeds

"

How would you know which az injection you had? "

The batch numbers are written on your card and are on your digital NHS record.

Leeds

The AstraZeneca batch numbers affected are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003

"

How would you know which az injection you had?

The batch numbers are written on your card and are on your digital NHS record. "

Also the vaccine name. Vaxzeveria is the UK/EU made one and Covishield is the Indian one.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Oh my goodness

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"The AstraZeneca batch numbers affected are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003"

Thanks for all of the details Sally

Just when we need things to become simpler, it stays complicated

Southern Europe is very dependent on British tourist money, their eurozone economies are already crap with massive youth unemployment for years so how long do you think this will drag on? It will not, those countries will keep shouting at the EU central command

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Is it safe for them to be injected with another vaccine so that they can travel or is there not enough research on the effects of a combination of vaccines working together?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Idiocity at it best"

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports. "

Oh lord

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"British tourist money is important, wonder how long this will last?

Probably not long. They are looking into it now.

How would you know which az injection you had? "

If it made your ring burn the next morning it's the indian one.. Or is it delta?

Tin town

"Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports.

Oh lord "

Isn't this just the EU flexing it's revenge muscles as az didn't deliver what they wanted when they wanted it?

Manchester (she/her)

"Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports.

Oh lord

Isn't this just the EU flexing it's revenge muscles as az didn't deliver what they wanted when they wanted it? "

According to the news story I just read, the manufacturers haven't sought EMA approval at some stage. It's bureaucracy.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Oh thanks i didn't get any of those

Tin town

Oh lord

Isn't this just the EU flexing it's revenge muscles as az didn't deliver what they wanted when they wanted it?

According to the news story I just read, the manufacturers haven't sought EMA approval at some stage. It's bureaucracy."

Well in fairness.... If its not political maneuvering... (a big if)... Approvals are there to protect us from dodgy drugs... So... Assume its forms filling and just a matter of time, I'm sure it can be rushed through.

Leeds

"The AstraZeneca batch numbers affected are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003

Oh thanks i didn't get any of those "

Manchester (she/her)

Oh lord

According to the news story I just read, the manufacturers haven't sought EMA approval at some stage. It's bureaucracy.

Well in fairness.... If its not political maneuvering... (a big if)... Approvals are there to protect us from dodgy drugs... So... Assume its forms filling and just a matter of time, I'm sure it can be rushed through. "

It requires the Indian institute to apply - this isn't the EU playing games

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

I've had one of these, it was my first one that I had in March. My second one was a different batch.

I would think the necessary approvals will now be progressed but I also expect the EU to drag its feet a little, as they don't do anything quickly. I'm not planning any holidays until the end of the year at the earliest so don't think it's going to affect me really.

However, if this does drag on it would be good to know if, when people have received a booster, would they accept the 2nd and 3rd jabs as long as they weren't this type?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Just political spin in the Telegraph

The headline is could be turned away, nothing confirmed just supposition at this point.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

It’s the actual AZ vaccine. Nothing is different. It the batches made in India that need to be approved

"Is it safe for them to be injected with another vaccine so that they can travel or is there not enough research on the effects of a combination of vaccines working together?"

Mixing vaccines has been approved now.

"Just political spin in the Telegraph

The headline is could be turned away, nothing confirmed just supposition at this point."

Would not put it past the EU, after all they are bullying Switzerland at the moment too with their shared electricity grid being threatened…,

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Oh thanks i didn't get any of those "

I did

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The headline is could be turned away, nothing confirmed just supposition at this point.

Would not put it past the EU, after all they are bullying Switzerland at the moment too with their shared electricity grid being threatened…,"

Is that because they beat france ?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca, and are protected in the same way, as provided by the other 72,909,177 doses that have been administered.

That’s the only information that’s important.

Tin town

"I've had one of these, it was my first one that I had in March. My second one was a different batch.

I would think the necessary approvals will now be progressed but I also expect the EU to drag its feet a little, as they don't do anything quickly. I'm not planning any holidays until the end of the year at the earliest so don't think it's going to affect me really.

However, if this does drag on it would be good to know if, when people have received a booster, would they accept the 2nd and 3rd jabs as long as they weren't this type?"

EU wouldn't do anything as pedantic as that surely..?

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s the actual AZ vaccine. Nothing is different. It the batches made in India that need to be approved"

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I think the indian lab are applying for retrospective licensing

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Would not put it past the EU, after all they are bullying Switzerland at the moment too with their shared electricity grid being threatened…,Is that because they beat france ? "

Probably, as football seems to carry such importance in some people's lives.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

is this fact? as i fall into this category

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I cannot believe this, it’s like people having those batches have been swindled

Leeds

"I cannot believe this, it’s like people having those batches have been swindled "

5 million of them

here

Ten European countries have unilaterally confirmed they will accept the Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca jab at their borders (including Spain, Greece, Germany, France )

It’s also worth stressing the point again that this Indian made AstraZeneca provides exactly the same protection for the recipient as the British and EU made versions, and is approved by the MHRA.

No one has been “swindled”

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"Ten European countries have unilaterally confirmed they will accept the Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca jab at their borders (including Spain, Greece, Germany, France )

It’s also worth stressing the point again that this Indian made AstraZeneca provides exactly the same protection for the recipient as the British and EU made versions, and is approved by the MHRA.

"

Exactly

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I cannot believe this, it’s like people having those batches have been swindled "

Because they've received a vaccine that meets the exact same standards as the other AZ ones?

Technical glitch or crap admin by whomever but it'll be resolved..

in Lancashire

"Ten European countries have unilaterally confirmed they will accept the Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca jab at their borders (including Spain, Greece, Germany, France )

"

Just seen this..

Thats why I'm not going to vaccinate... they started from 2 doses now u need 3rd one. Soon you'll have to vaccinate every month...

Manchester (she/her)

"Thats why I'm not going to vaccinate... they started from 2 doses now u need 3rd one. Soon you'll have to vaccinate every month..."

That's just a touch of hyperbole

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Thats why I'm not going to vaccinate... they started from 2 doses now u need 3rd one. Soon you'll have to vaccinate every month..."

That's incorrect. This has been a rapid period of learning, research and gathering evidence. Many different vaccines in production and test. One needs just 1 dose.

The very clear message from the start was that it was unknown how long immunity lasted after infection and also from the vaccines, which had been trialled on around 1 million people in total amongst them but not for much more than 6 months.

Now that we have had a longer period of time to assess infections and immunity, as well as learn how the virus levels in society are, scientists have increased their evidence.

A booster is likely to be very effective at restoring reduced immunity. It's better to sustain high levels of immunity than have people get infected, surely!

Tin town

"Thats why I'm not going to vaccinate... they started from 2 doses now u need 3rd one. Soon you'll have to vaccinate every month...

That's incorrect. This has been a rapid period of learning, research and gathering evidence. Many different vaccines in production and test. One needs just 1 dose.

The very clear message from the start was that it was unknown how long immunity lasted after infection and also from the vaccines, which had been trialled on around 1 million people in total amongst them but not for much more than 6 months.

Now that we have had a longer period of time to assess infections and immunity, as well as learn how the virus levels in society are, scientists have increased their evidence.

A booster is likely to be very effective at restoring reduced immunity. It's better to sustain high levels of immunity than have people get infected, surely! "

You make a good point. But not everybody is glued to covid updates. They take what the BBC or mail say or imply as gospel and just do as they are told as they want to just get on with things. There's a lot of people still not washing hands so don't take anything for granted. Not least as the messages have changed and changed and changed again...and not always for genuine reasons.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

That comment just makes you look like a bit of a dick to be honest. Do a little research and educate yourself.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"Southern Europe is very dependent on British tourist money, their eurozone economies are already crap with massive youth unemployment for years so how long do you think this will drag on? It will not, those countries will keep shouting at the EU central command"

Yeah right

What about French, German, Scandinavian, Austrian, Polish, Dutch tourists?

Definitely not very dependent

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports. "
Google it countries are accepting it

Leeds

"Five million British people have been vaccinated with an Indian AstraZeneca which EEC and USA has not licensed and won't recognise for travel passports. Google it countries are accepting it"

Things have changed three days later

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Just seen this.."

I googled it, and like was said countries will let ppl who have had that vaccine in

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Idiocity at it best"
Exactly its the very same vaccine just made in India it seems the eu have still got it in for AZ.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

I had the Indian vaccine covishield for my first one .

I've also got Poland holiday booked for December. The way I look at it is that they are discriminating against the 5 million by not letting us travel.

In the newspaper article it states Boris says it will all be fine and sorted soon.

But further down it says the government spokesman says that noone in UK has been vaccinated with those 3 batch numbers when they clearly have!!

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I'm sure Europe will be devastated.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Thats why I'm not going to vaccinate... they started from 2 doses now u need 3rd one. Soon you'll have to vaccinate every month...

I'm sure Europe will be devastated. "

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Idiocity at it bestExactly its the very same vaccine just made in India it seems the eu have still got it in for AZ. "

Apparently over a dozen EU countries have said that they will happily accept people who have had the Indian made version.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I've also got Poland holiday booked for December. The way I look at it is that they are discriminating against the 5 million by not letting us travel.

In the newspaper article it states Boris says it will all be fine and sorted soon.

But further down it says the government spokesman says that noone in UK has been vaccinated with those 3 batch numbers when they clearly have!! "

My first jab was batch 4120Z002, and last time I checked I was in the UK!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

But further down it says the government spokesman says that noone in UK has been vaccinated with those 3 batch numbers when they clearly have!! "

Well if boris is going to sort it out, that's the job well and truly buggered.

Leeds

An English couple have not been allowed to board a flight to Malta because their vaccinations were the Indian made AstraZeneca.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"An English couple have not been allowed to board a flight to Malta because their vaccinations were the Indian made AstraZeneca."

Another case of the EU dragging its feet to cause problems for ordinary people

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

My batch is 4120z003 and pv46693 does anyone know if these are the versions they a saying is not ok.

Leeds

"My batch is 4120z003 and pv46693 does anyone know if these are the versions they a saying is not ok. "

The affected batch numbers are higher up this thread

Leeds

"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"An English couple have not been allowed to board a flight to Malta because their vaccinations were the Indian made AstraZeneca.

Another case of the EU dragging its feet to cause problems for ordinary people "

Actually the US issue is a different one… AZ does not have FDA approval

The only covid vaccines that do are Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson

here

“The most important part of this is that people who have received these batches should be reassured that they have received exactly the same stuff as people who have received other batches made elsewhere”

in Lancashire

"“The most important part of this is that people who have received these batches should be reassured that they have received exactly the same stuff as people who have received other batches made elsewhere”"

Maybe the government should advise anyone in the 3 batch numbers concerned to not pay for testing etc before they the government check with tour operators, travel industry even the Eu what the fek is going on..?

here

"“The most important part of this is that people who have received these batches should be reassured that they have received exactly the same stuff as people who have received other batches made elsewhere”

Maybe the government should advise anyone in the 3 batch numbers concerned to not pay for testing etc before they the government check with tour operators, travel industry even the Eu what the fek is going on..?

"

I’m sure the uk are asking the Maltese the very same question, considering the Indian made AstraZeneca is recognised by 15 EU countries for the EU ‘green pass’

In the meantime the really important part is the Indian made vaccine is exactly the same as the vaccine made elsewhere and crucially, provides exactly the same protection.

Leeds

"

In the meantime the really important part is the Indian made vaccine is exactly the same as the vaccine made elsewhere and crucially, provides exactly the same protection."

I bet that wasn't the important part for the couple wanting to visit their son who lives in Malta, who they hadn't seen for a year.

in Lancashire

"“The most important part of this is that people who have received these batches should be reassured that they have received exactly the same stuff as people who have received other batches made elsewhere”

I’m sure the uk are asking the Maltese the very same question, considering the Indian made AstraZeneca is recognised by 15 EU countries for the EU ‘green pass’

In the meantime the really important part is the Indian made vaccine is exactly the same as the vaccine made elsewhere and crucially, provides exactly the same protection."

It does..

here

In the meantime the really important part is the Indian made vaccine is exactly the same as the vaccine made elsewhere and crucially, provides exactly the same protection.

It does.. "

When you see the carnage caused in London by English fans at the weekend, the EU and most countries will be happy to use any excuse to keep them out

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Thanks for that. Mine are fine.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

"

One of mine is a problem but the other is ok. Where will that leave me lol.

That's just a touch of hyperbole"

No it’s personal choice by the sounds of it.

» Add a new message to this topic