FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Back to normal

Back to normal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ookingtocum OP   Man  over a year ago

fife

Are we back to normal now and no ones told me because looking at the tennis at wimbildon we are, no masks no distance seats all full just shows money talks let's see the cases rise next week same as they did with football over the last few weeks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Are we back to normal now and no ones told me because looking at the tennis at wimbildon we are, no masks no distance seats all full just shows money talks let's see the cases rise next week same as they did with football over the last few weeks "

It’s one of the test events. Just the same as that well known upper crust event The download festival. All those hooray Henry’s in the mosh pit.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Everyone has been tested prior to the event... it's a trial event. Same as many others around the country over the last few weeks ...

Hopefully the data from these will see If things can go back to normal x

The more posts you read the more you realise there is a fair percentage of people who would be happy if we lived the rest of our lives under some form of restrictions.

By *ookingtocum OP   Man  over a year ago

fife

"Everyone has been tested prior to the event... it's a trial event. Same as many others around the country over the last few weeks ...

Hopefully the data from these will see If things can go back to normal x "

If its anything like the football we're fucked then!!! spoke to a guy the other day and out of the 12 of them that went to Wembley 9 tested positive 2 days later when they were home I'm sure you can lie about your test result as its upto you if you say its Positve or not its easily lied about I'm sure lots are when they have payed for their tickets

I get so angry seeing these on TV. All these so called test events…. Which are poorly run and not tested correctly and not followed up….

Yet a woman whose being induced in labour who both her and her support partner has to have a PCR test - not a unreliable lateral flow test…. Well the woman has to go through the induction procedure alone until she is 4cm dilated, despite the partner having a PCR test and when labour is established is only allowed 1 support partner during labour and only that partner is allowed to visit for 2 hours after the birth even if it’s not the father of the baby.

Totally messed up regulations

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I get so angry seeing these on TV. All these so called test events…. Which are poorly run and not tested correctly and not followed up….

Yet a woman whose being induced in labour who both her and her support partner has to have a PCR test - not a unreliable lateral flow test…. Well the woman has to go through the induction procedure alone until she is 4cm dilated, despite the partner having a PCR test and when labour is established is only allowed 1 support partner during labour and only that partner is allowed to visit for 2 hours after the birth even if it’s not the father of the baby.

Totally messed up regulations "

I think the tests aren't across every place as my son didnt have to have one to go in with his partner.. she was induced.

He however nearly missed the birth as they let him stay till 9pm, then said that as she wasnt in active labour that he needed to go home due to covid restrictions. I thought that was a bit backwards as surely staying at the hospital was better than coming out and potentially mixing with others was the better option.

We hadn't even got half way home when they rang to say come back

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Are we back to normal now and no ones told me because looking at the tennis at wimbildon we are, no masks no distance seats all full just shows money talks let's see the cases rise next week same as they did with football over the last few weeks "

As others have said, some of these events are test events.

Which is essentially treating folks as guinea pigs. If they walked in to this with full consent and aware they were going to be test subjects, then fair play to them. That's their choice.

What isn't their choice is that if one of them (because of the event) spreads covid-19 to me (who did not attend the event), that's on them and the government. Gee, thank you for that.

Ultimately, making me an unwitting test subject too via others who have gone to an event where covid-tranmission is more likely.

It's like putting ant poison down outside the nest. You know the "scouts" are going to pick it up and carry it back to the nest. Some poor sod of an ant who kept away from the surface suffers the consequences. Charming.

In the meantime, Scout Ant is unharmed and wondering what all the fuss is about, and Worker Ant is dead or suffering Long Covid. Lovely.

"Are we back to normal now and no ones told me because looking at the tennis at wimbildon we are, no masks no distance seats all full just shows money talks let's see the cases rise next week same as they did with football over the last few weeks

As others have said, some of these events are test events.

Which is essentially treating folks as guinea pigs. If they walked in to this with full consent and aware they were going to be test subjects, then fair play to them. That's their choice.

What isn't their choice is that if one of them (because of the event) spreads covid-19 to me (who did not attend the event), that's on them and the government. Gee, thank you for that.

Ultimately, making me an unwitting test subject too via others who have gone to an event where covid-tranmission is more likely.

It's like putting ant poison down outside the nest. You know the "scouts" are going to pick it up and carry it back to the nest. Some poor sod of an ant who kept away from the surface suffers the consequences. Charming.

In the meantime, Scout Ant is unharmed and wondering what all the fuss is about, and Worker Ant is dead or suffering Long Covid. Lovely.

"

I’m afraid your hope of getting to a point where you are at zero risk of being infected is also zero.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"I’m afraid your hope of getting to a point where you are at zero risk of being infected is also zero."

Indeed, and I can live with that. After all, I have numerous risk-reduction strategies in place to mitigate the risks as much as I can.

It's just with the new strategy to test covid transmission in selected events, I will now have to strengthen current strategies. I cannot control the events, nor do I want to, but I can control my response to the increased threat of the events.

'Tis fine.

By *issChief 200Woman  over a year ago

South West

Judging by the amount of meet verifications going up, especially from group meets & parties, I would say sadly a lot of people dont give a stuff about Covid anymore, or couldn't care less if they are passing it around. Very off putting, makes a great block filter though!

I think, now we have reached the point where,a large percentage of the population are now vaccinated. We have been through various lockdowns, yes infection rates are on rise again,but people being admitted to hospital is reasonably low.Really if this doesn't work we have run out of idea's.I wouldn't mind betting there's an awful lot of people ,double jabbed,walking around with covid,albeit mild.If the NHS can cope ,but again I'm guessing, the Government's are hoping for herd immunity and a lessening in the viciousness of covid.

By *appy2021coolWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Well can easily pass it around at work so let's have fun that's what I say year and a half with it and it's not going anywhere

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I be so happy to be 'back to normal'... like it's a crime to want normality

The "back to normal" won't happened...its our new reality. Vaccine won't help

"The "back to normal" won't happened...its our new reality. Vaccine won't help"

Really?

Double check the numbers, infection rates are at +20k. If you look back the last time infection rates were +20k was late Jan / early Feb and death rates where around 1000 a day.

Now with that same level of infections we are at 20 ish a day.

Basic maths suggests the vacinne is definitely doing the job and whilst it will never eliminate covid, like other infections covid is now manageable.

Those looking for zero risk and zero infections are misunderstanding what was needed to lift restrictions and are going to be disappointed.

Its with us forever now, but fortunately (due to science) we can mitigate the worst of it.

Its now down to individuals to get as fit as they can to limit their individual risks even further.

Dont forget the vaccine is effective at reducing the risk but before the vacinne there were other risk factors that helped your chances.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

It's good to see that vaccines are helping greatly to reduce the numbers of seriously ill and deaths. This will enable normality to return at some point and near normality to return soon as long as people just use a bit of common sense and have a basic understanding of hygiene.

"The "back to normal" won't happened...its our new reality. Vaccine won't help

Really?

Double check the numbers, infection rates are at +20k. If you look back the last time infection rates were +20k was late Jan / early Feb and death rates where around 1000 a day.

Basic maths suggests the vacinne is definitely doing the job and whilst it will never eliminate covid, like other infections covid is now manageable.

Those looking for zero risk and zero infections are misunderstanding what was needed to lift restrictions and are going to be disappointed.

Its with us forever now, but fortunately (due to science) we can mitigate the worst of it.

Its now down to individuals to get as fit as they can to limit their individual risks even further.

Dont forget the vaccine is effective at reducing the risk but before the vacinne there were other risk factors that helped your chances.

"

statistics are bullshit. Made to scare ppl

Really?

statistics are bullshit. Made to scare ppl"

Clearly a well reasoned argument, kudos.

"The "back to normal" won't happened...its our new reality. Vaccine won't help"
. Reallity is, vaccine helps massively. I find it very strange that in the real world of day to day life as i live it nearly everyone i know can’t wait to get vaccinated and return to normal life. Whereas reading posts on here it appears a large number seem to condemn any relaxing of restrictions and are quick to predict gloom and doom !!!!

"The "back to normal" won't happened...its our new reality. Vaccine won't help. Reallity is, vaccine helps massively. I find it very strange that in the real world of day to day life as i live it nearly everyone i know can’t wait to get vaccinated and return to normal life. Whereas reading posts on here it appears a large number seem to condemn any relaxing of restrictions and are quick to predict gloom and doom !!!!"

I think you have to remember not to equate noise with numbers.

The loudest kids in class were always in a minority but they always insisted on everyone else hearing them.

Really?

statistics are bullshit. Made to scare ppl"

Perhaps you could get a teeashirt made up, with your views emblazoned on the front. That way, everyone else will know who to avoid in a social situation. Cheers.

Really?

statistics are bullshit. Made to scare ppl

Perhaps you could get a teeashirt made up, with your views emblazoned on the front. That way, everyone else will know who to avoid in a social situation. Cheers. "

» Add a new message to this topic