FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > If GMO is harmfull to eat then why is it in the vaccine?

If GMO is harmfull to eat then why is it in the vaccine?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is there GMO in the covid vaccine?

Just curious

And for those who took it are you concerned at all?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Why is there GMO in the covid vaccine?

Just curious

And for those who took it are you concerned at all?"

No.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Why is GMO harmful to eat?

Dudley

"Why is GMO harmful to eat?"

I think it's a misunderstanding tbh, there's alot of anti-vax nonsense going round about the vaccines turning you into a GMO.

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK

Bracknell

"Why is GMO harmful to eat?

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK"

Please show me the evidence of GMOs causing cancer and organ damage

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

They're no generally. Obviously it depends on what the modifications are, but most are about making crops more resistant to pests or droughts

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Just curious

Nope not concerned at all..

Dudley

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK"

It really depends on the type of GMO, many can be very beneficial.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You're asking the wrong question OP. It should be why those nonsense posts about genetic modification of people are bubbling up from the social media sewars, etc.

I don't assume that you know much about genetics, sequencing and research. It's worth studying. The EU has a precautionary principle around GMO and food.

In any event, we are certain that most of the output from the antivax lobby is pure harmful complete BS. The vaccines are what is allowing us to reopen our society. Would you prefer to stay in lockdown forever, clutching at antivax straws?

Bracknell

The crops we eat today are mostly genetically modified compared to those our grandparents ate as youngsters - genetically modified using a conventional plant breeding scheme where the genetic modification is basically done blindly. Why don’t these crops cause cancer compared to modern GMO crops where the modification is performed using selected genes?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Not concerned in the slightest OP as there are more every days things we all consume that can cause cancer than the small amount of anything used in a vaccine

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Just curious

Nope! months gone by and no problem.

I think it's a misunderstanding tbh, there's alot of anti-vax nonsense going round about the vaccines turning you into a GMO. "

Actually no. UK gov site has it stated officially. You can check it there, clearly says GMO

Dudley

I think it's a misunderstanding tbh, there's alot of anti-vax nonsense going round about the vaccines turning you into a GMO.

Actually no. UK gov site has it stated officially. You can check it there, clearly says GMO"

What does it clearly say about gmo's?

"The crops we eat today are mostly genetically modified compared to those our grandparents ate as youngsters - genetically modified using a conventional plant breeding scheme where the genetic modification is basically done blindly. Why don’t these crops cause cancer compared to modern GMO crops where the modification is performed using selected genes?"

I agree. I assume this is why the cancer rate has always been growing since a lot of crops really are GMO these days

Actually no. UK gov site has it stated officially. You can check it there, clearly says GMO

What does it clearly say about gmo's? "

It says it there, that it's one of vaccine ingriedients

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just curious

Who told you GMO food was harmful?

Dudley

It says it there, that it's one of vaccine ingriedients"

I haven't said it isn't. I've said I think you misunderstood what a GMO is and what effects they have/dont have.

The anti vax movement have been bleating on about how the vaccines turn you into a GMO etc, it's bullshit.

Totally agree with you.

We had the AstraZeneca (both jabs), yes the side effects were not nice with the first one and no side effects with the second. It still is the best alternative to death don’t you think?

Don’t listen to rubbish that causes scare mongering.

Think about the future, many others never got the chance to.

Bracknell

"The crops we eat today are mostly genetically modified compared to those our grandparents ate as youngsters - genetically modified using a conventional plant breeding scheme where the genetic modification is basically done blindly. Why don’t these crops cause cancer compared to modern GMO crops where the modification is performed using selected genes?

I agree. I assume this is why the cancer rate has always been growing since a lot of crops really are GMO these days"

Do why didn’t the original crops cause cancer?

Bracknell

I haven't said it isn't. I've said I think you misunderstood what a GMO is and what effects they have/dont have.

The anti vax movement have been bleating on about how the vaccines turn you into a GMO etc, it's bullshit. "

actually I believe he is saying that the minuscule amount of GMO in the vaccine will lead to cancer cases. Getting a bit pathetic with the vaccine scaremongering now. Bottom of the barrel time. It’s like saying having one mouthful of beer or wine will bugger your liver

I think it's a misunderstanding tbh, there's alot of anti-vax nonsense going round about the vaccines turning you into a GMO. "

Can you disprove it?

Dudley

The anti vax movement have been bleating on about how the vaccines turn you into a GMO etc, it's bullshit.

actually I believe he is saying that the minuscule amount of GMO in the vaccine will lead to cancer cases. Getting a bit pathetic with the vaccine scaremongering now. Bottom of the barrel time. It’s like saying having one mouthful of beer or wine will bugger your liver"

It's abit concerning how hard people are trying to stop people taking the vaccine.

Dudley

A vaccine*

Bracknell

Can you disprove it?"

Are you for real??

actually I believe he is saying that the minuscule amount of GMO in the vaccine will lead to cancer cases. Getting a bit pathetic with the vaccine scaremongering now. Bottom of the barrel time. It’s like saying having one mouthful of beer or wine will bugger your liver"

I am not saying it will turn us into GMO but yes could give us cancer over time as it's injected deep inside

But to be fair both movements have been crazy. Both pro and anti vaccination. Don't you think?

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

Not concerned about GMO's at all.

There's plenty more proven things that cause cancer such as smoking.

Dudley

actually I believe he is saying that the minuscule amount of GMO in the vaccine will lead to cancer cases. Getting a bit pathetic with the vaccine scaremongering now. Bottom of the barrel time. It’s like saying having one mouthful of beer or wine will bugger your liver

I am not saying it will turn us into GMO but yes could give us cancer over time as it's injected deep inside

But to be fair both movements have been crazy. Both pro and anti vaccination. Don't you think?"

So you think the depth of the injection impacts it giving you cancer?

Dudley

Can you disprove it?"

Is that a serious question?

By *ierre1Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

The reason the anti xaxx lobby are pushing so hard is that they realise the vaccine is actually working. Thing is the ones pushing this BS really hard are most likely making money and they don't want to lose their cash cow. There are probably bad foreign actors who are doing for reasons other than the financial.

The sheeple following them are suspect either the most part uneducated or have smoked for to much waccy bacy or spice or worse.

Ps I hate the word Sheeple as much as the next person, for one it's poor English. Surely the ones believing the mindless unsubstantiated bollocks are actually describring themselves rather than sensible people who have listened to the science and the real experts, who have decided to be vaccinated for themselves and wider society.

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

My tin foil hat wards off ant GMO problems

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Think given the choice, cop it in a few months of COVID or chance cancer in a few years and probably treatable, I think the jab is the best option.

Other commonly consumed products that cause cancer:

Water

Caramel - main intake via Cola

Bacon

Beef

Many more..

Then other risks such as car accident, hit by a bus, electricution by a faulty appliance, falling down stairs, lightning strike and many many others..

Like everything in life, you wake up in the mornung and hope you see the day through.. you started "rolling the dice of life" the moment you were conceived..

On top of that, the ICU hospital bed you may need if hit by a bus might be occupied by a non vaccinated COVID patient.

Something one day will cause your demise, it is just what, when, where and how is the great unknown.

The jab is 5ml and the amount contained within is muniscule amd not like it is being consumed regulary in bulk..

"The reason the anti xaxx lobby are pushing so hard is that they realise the vaccine is actually working. Thing is the ones pushing this BS really hard are most likely making money and they don't want to lose their cash cow. There are probably bad foreign actors who are doing for reasons other than the financial.

The sheeple following them are suspect either the most part uneducated or have smoked for to much waccy bacy or spice or worse.

Ps I hate the word Sheeple as much as the next person, for one it's poor English. Surely the ones believing the mindless unsubstantiated bollocks are actually describring themselves rather than sensible people who have listened to the science and the real experts, who have decided to be vaccinated for themselves and wider society. "

Lol how? The most vaccinated countries are for some reason the most infected so please tell me how it is working?

What gives them authority these "experts" other than money they make of these vaccines, and why we never hear the other side of the argument? where doctors from other side are warning against it

Also please tell me why especially report about pfizer said that the employees have not took the vaccine themselves??? and why no vaccine maker gives our compensation since they're in your view this safe?

Honestly I am not an anti-vaxer. I still have not made my mind up about vaccine but all these things seriously put me off for at least some weeks for now

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

How do people who are against vaccines make money from it?

I don't understand that?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can you disprove it?"

Can you prove contributing to forums on a swinger's website won't cause cancer?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The reason the anti xaxx lobby are pushing so hard is that they realise the vaccine is actually working. Thing is the ones pushing this BS really hard are most likely making money and they don't want to lose their cash cow. There are probably bad foreign actors who are doing for reasons other than the financial.

Ps I hate the word Sheeple as much as the next person, for one it's poor English. Surely the ones believing the mindless unsubstantiated bollocks are actually describring themselves rather than sensible people who have listened to the science and the real experts, who have decided to be vaccinated for themselves and wider society.

Lol how? The most vaccinated countries are for some reason the most infected so please tell me how it is working?

What gives them authority these "experts" other than money they make of these vaccines, and why we never hear the other side of the argument? where doctors from other side are warning against it

Also please tell me why especially report about pfizer said that the employees have not took the vaccine themselves??? and why no vaccine maker gives our compensation since they're in your view this safe?

Honestly I am not an anti-vaxer. I still have not made my mind up about vaccine but all these things seriously put me off for at least some weeks for now"

Have you have noticed there's a correlation between the numbers being vaccinated and a reduction between infection, hospitalisation and death rates?

Bracknell

Honestly I am not an anti-vaxer. I still have not made my mind up about vaccine but all these things seriously put me off for at least some weeks for now"

Don’t have it then. It’s your choice. As you say cases are rising and restrictions are easing so mix closely with others and don’t wear a mask. I’m sure you won’t catch Covid. Data is showing that those vaccinated are less likely to need hospitalisation or indeed die but you can ignore that

Central

Can you disprove it?"

Simple way to learn about these wonderful vaccines, is to do some study in reputable sources. The full details of each of these vaccines is are available too.

It's the OP which proposed the unusual claim and it's no more for others to disprove nonsensical claims than we should be expected to prove that you're not part alien

Cause the Lizard people told them....

By *ierre1Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

"How do people who are against vaccines make money from it?

I don't understand that?"

By pushing dodgy alternative theropies. Social media followers, then selling any old shit to people what follow them. Once you get the suckers in, it can be any long grift. Basically they are confidence trixters

That nut case Ike charges £30 for fellow nutters come and hear his drivel.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Here we go..... More scaremongering about the vaccine. If it wasn't safe it wouldn't have been passed, now we have had it we can get back to some sort of normality. If you don't want it don't have it

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I don't think the original question was clearly answered.

1) Yes, of course the AZ vaccine contains a GMO. It uses a modified adenovirus to deliver the genetic material that codes for the Covid spike protein.

2) Absolutely not, I'm not at all concerned by the GMO technology.

If your underwear has any cotton in it, your genitals are a lot more comfortable and used to the concept than your brain. A lot of the world's cotton is made from herbicide resistant GMO strains that people are happily wearing right next to their naughty bits.

Honestly I am not an anti-vaxer. I still have not made my mind up about vaccine but all these things seriously put me off for at least some weeks for now

Have you have noticed there's a correlation between the numbers being vaccinated and a reduction between infection, hospitalisation and death rates?"

Yes, the infections keep growing despite very high rates of vaccinations here in UK and just as one example Israel has over 40% of vaccinated catching covid still

"Here we go..... More scaremongering about the vaccine. If it wasn't safe it wouldn't have been passed, now we have had it we can get back to some sort of normality. If you don't want it don't have it "

It did pass but as an emergency authorisation untill 2023. This is why it's concerning

Don’t have it then. It’s your choice. As you say cases are rising and restrictions are easing so mix closely with others and don’t wear a mask. I’m sure you won’t catch Covid. Data is showing that those vaccinated are less likely to need hospitalisation or indeed die but you can ignore that "

To be honest I am not decided as of definite yet so choose to wait however just having a discussion to be honest like we all do here

Dudley

Have you have noticed there's a correlation between the numbers being vaccinated and a reduction between infection, hospitalisation and death rates?

Yes, the infections keep growing despite very high rates of vaccinations here in UK and just as one example Israel has over 40% of vaccinated catching covid still"

Yes, you can still catch it, nobody ever said you wouldn't! But you're far less likely to die or get seriously ill.

Don't have the vaccine if you don't want it, but don't spread a bunch of bollocks to try and justify your decision.

Glasgow

I just don't understand it. In the last 2 years there has been circa 128,000 deaths in the UK caused by covid-19 alone. There are NO recorded cases of people being killed by GMOs. So, statistically, you have an infinitely greater chance of dying from the disease than the GMO in the vaccine. Seems simple to me but then I was born before Social Meeja was created.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Yes, the infections keep growing despite very high rates of vaccinations here in UK and just as one example Israel has over 40% of vaccinated catching covid still

Yes, you can still catch it, nobody ever said you wouldn't! But you're far less likely to die or get seriously ill.

Don't have the vaccine if you don't want it, but don't spread a bunch of bollocks to try and justify your decision. "

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Because it's cheap; and this is an emergency. Simple!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Just curious

Nope. It's not going to change my DNA, it's safe, approved and making a huge difference. Just look at the hospital numbers compared to the infection numbers.

Do or dont have the vaccine but at least make your decision on actual facts not made up rubbish

Central

"How do people who are against vaccines make money from it?

I don't understand that?"

The disgraced former Doctor, Andrew Wakefield is a prime example. He fraudulently claimed a link to Autism and is now a wealthy linchpin in the antivax movement. Others make money from fake cures. There was a good Dispatches programme on Channel 4, i think about a month ago about them.

Central

"Here we go..... More scaremongering about the vaccine. If it wasn't safe it wouldn't have been passed, now we have had it we can get back to some sort of normality. If you don't want it don't have it

It did pass but as an emergency authorisation untill 2023. This is why it's concerning"

Look at the authorisations that all medicines get in the same instances and you will find the same thing. That statement ia a hallmark of the antivax movement, a complete giveaway. They have a few that are recycled here every week multiple times.

Central

Yes, the infections keep growing despite very high rates of vaccinations here in UK and just as one example Israel has over 40% of vaccinated catching covid still"

The vaccines reduce the infection numbers and also the severity of illness and numbers of deaths.

As the proportion of the population vaccinated increases, so will the proportion of the population who get infected after vaccination - common sense.

Not everyone produces a very strong immune response, which is why we need the highest possible density of people vaccinated.

When a very virulent variant arrives, it will be passed on by each infected person to a much larger number of other people than its former version. Some of them will likely be vaccinated and - let's hope - that nobody who is unable to be vaccinated gets infected.

The UK recovering from this has been done with vaccines and restrictions. Most people have played their part by committing to us getting away from the worst of it. And getting towards a more fully functioning society again.

Just get the jab and move on!!

The reason for the vaccines being produced and rolled out so quickly, is that they are modified Flu Vaccines that have been used for years.

Every year they try to predict the latest flu strain and issue their vaccine for it.

With covid, they know roughly what the virus is. The modified vaccine then required very simple testing, as it is a proven treatment already.

The common cold and influenza are covid strains.

As each strain becomes more transmissable, they become less deadly! Thats why a common cold is rarely fatal and flu still takes its toll of vunerable folk each winter.

We must!!

Get the jabs!!

Get the booster when its offered!!

And learn to live with it!!!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Just curious

Alcohol is harmful it ruins the liver long term dementia and people still drink it

Toxic fumes from vehicles which release poison humans breath

Air pollution is generated by traveling on holiday via plane

Are you concerned

The end

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Oh and radiation did you know that majority of household items produce radiation before you bought them not forgetting the mobile phone clock was ticking long time ago

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Just get the jab and move on!!

The reason for the vaccines being produced and rolled out so quickly, is that they are modified Flu Vaccines that have been used for years.

Every year they try to predict the latest flu strain and issue their vaccine for it.

With covid, they know roughly what the virus is. The modified vaccine then required very simple testing, as it is a proven treatment already.

The common cold and influenza are covid strains.

As each strain becomes more transmissable, they become less deadly! Thats why a common cold is rarely fatal and flu still takes its toll of vunerable folk each winter.

We must!!

Get the jabs!!

Get the booster when its offered!!

And learn to live with it!!!"

much of what you said was spot on but the flu is not a strain of covid and I believe it was the a vaccine for a different stain if SARS that they used.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Just “some” parts of the uk ?? No idea where people get this crap from

By *ove3funCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Attention seeking has been found to have negative effects on sexual prowess

Norwich

'The reason for the vaccines being produced and rolled out so quickly, is that they are modified Flu Vaccines that have been used for years.

With covid, they know roughly what the virus is. The modified vaccine then required very simple testing, as it is a proven treatment already.'

I'm all for the Covid vaccines, but feel I should correct any misconception of the OP.

1) These are not 'modified flu vaccines'. The influenza vaccine uses traditional technology with either a live attenuated or inactivated virus to cause an immune response. Covid vaccines are very different and based on gene delivery, either through mRNA as in Pfizer/Moderna or adenovirus vectors as in AstraZeneca/J&J.

2) We don't 'roughly' know what the Covid virus is. Through sequencing, we know exactly what it is and we know exactly what proteins the virus produces in the host.

3) The Covid vaccine development and clinical trials were extensive, and not just a matter of 'simple testing.' Since approval, we have real world data with millions of people to show the vaccines are effective. Equally, the data shows they are safer than most drugs we regularly consume such as aspirin or paracetamol.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Just curious

If GMO was harmful to eat we'd all be long dead by now.

We've both had the vaccines, we're both fine. No side effects, not a single solitary problem.

E

Don't have the vaccine if you don't want it, but don't spread a bunch of bollocks to try and justify your decision. "

Since when did the World get vaccines that do not protect you but actually never stop you from catching covid?

Do you remember past vaccines??? in the past you would take a vaccine and be 100% that all will be fine and you will be protected 100%

So please tell me have we gone backwards with science or what?

The South

Don't have the vaccine if you don't want it, but don't spread a bunch of bollocks to try and justify your decision.

Since when did the World get vaccines that do not protect you but actually never stop you from catching covid?

Do you remember past vaccines??? in the past you would take a vaccine and be 100% that all will be fine and you will be protected 100%

So please tell me have we gone backwards with science or what?"

I'm not aware of any vaccines ever offering or guaranteeing 100% immunity or protection.

That isn't the function or purpose of a vaccine.

You asked; "Since when did the World get vaccines that do not protect you but actually never stop you from catching covid?"

I'm also not aware of us ever having a Covid vaccine before.

Can I respectfully suggest you do a little more research into what a vaccine is and what it does.

E

Norwich

'Do you remember past vaccines??? in the past you would take a vaccine and be 100% that all will be fine and you will be protected 100%. So please tell me have we gone backwards with science or what?'

The short answer - no, we have not gone backwards in science but have gone backwards in society's comprehension of science.

No vaccine has achieved absolutely 100% immunity, although there are some around 90%. A separate issue is the duration of immunity. At one end of the scale, the smallpox vaccine provided lifelong immunity with one dose. At the other end, influenza vaccines are repeated every year due to the presence of new variants.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

GMO - Genetically Modified Orgasm.

Id be first in the queue if I was a woman

Dudley

This is what I mean about a lack of understanding, you're making completely false statements about how a vaccine works and what the intended outcome of vaccination is.

I seriously think you need to do some research before making such comments, you have a MASSIVE lack of knowledge about this subject and I think it's dangerous for you to make these statements without at least a basic understanding of what a vaccine does.

This is the problem with conspiracies, people who don't understand dive in head first and believe them, then share them and pass them off as fact.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Are you for real? Top 2 and 3 of the most infected countries (Brazil and India) have very small percentage of vaccinated people. From where do you get your facts if not from antivax sites?

Well.. they officially GMO now.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Just curious

You dont eat the vaccine so stop worrying yourself

Honestly, anyone that thinks there is any risk of genetic modification of their DNA from mRNA really ought to try to understand some basic science.

mRNA stays in a cell’s cytoplasm, it cannot enter the nucleus and thus cannot interact with your DNA.

There are no ifs, buts, or maybes about this.

Also bear in mind that almost all your food is genetically modified; selective breeding, cross-breeds, hybrid plants - all deliberately created. Semi-natural genetic modification by cross-pollination, etc.

Ugh, Fab isn’t the place for this….

Central

So please tell me have we gone backwards with science or what?

This is what I mean about a lack of understanding, you're making completely false statements about how a vaccine works and what the intended outcome of vaccination is.

I seriously think you need to do some research before making such comments, you have a MASSIVE lack of knowledge about this subject and I think it's dangerous for you to make these statements without at least a basic understanding of what a vaccine does.

This is the problem with conspiracies, people who don't understand dive in head first and believe them, then share them and pass them off as fact. "

People posting untruthful claims would now be banned from doing so on most social media, thank goodness. It's a pity that it still happens here.

When the government is going to leave the decisions to individuals in a couple of weeks, this kind of post indicates the danger of such a folly, when there is still such a huge level of ignorance, wilful or otherwise.

By *arleyQuinnxxxxWoman  over a year ago

Lancaster

Soylent green...look it up..lol

By *arleyQuinnxxxxWoman  over a year ago

Lancaster

Soylent green...look it up..lol

The South

"Soylent green...look it up..lol "

"A nightmarish futuristic fantasy about the controlling power of big corporations and an innocent cop who stumbles on the truth"

Key word, fantasy.

E

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Cracks me up that people meeting strangers for Sex via this site, clubs and other places with inherent risks, worry about the microscopic risk from a jab..

By *matoMan  over a year ago

Around here

Even a "minuscule amount of GMO" or more correctly "a minuscule amount of genetic material" still has this property called "self-replication", so even a "minuscule amount" can potentially self-replicate itself into a quite enormous amount, and depending on what it interacts with could help or could create serious damages - all that STILL being tested, the Big Pharma being very keen to include the whole population in the ongoing clinical trial. Really "pathetic" level of understanding genetics ...

Around here

"Cracks me up that people meeting strangers for Sex via this site, clubs and other places with inherent risks, worry about the microscopic risk from a jab.."

Just because you are also exposed to other risks, doesn't mean you have to be careless about the risks of Covid. The point is to neither underestimate nor overestimate the risks.

Bracknell

Even a "minuscule amount of GMO" or more correctly "a minuscule amount of genetic material" still has this property called "self-replication", so even a "minuscule amount" can potentially self-replicate itself into a quite enormous amount, and depending on what it interacts with could help or could create serious damages - all that STILL being tested, the Big Pharma being very keen to include the whole population in the ongoing clinical trial. Really "pathetic" level of understanding genetics ..."

Viral vectors are stripped of any genes that cause replication. I assume you got your level of understanding of genetics from Karen og Facebook or YouTube

Around here

Even a "minuscule amount of GMO" or more correctly "a minuscule amount of genetic material" still has this property called "self-replication", so even a "minuscule amount" can potentially self-replicate itself into a quite enormous amount, and depending on what it interacts with could help or could create serious damages - all that STILL being tested, the Big Pharma being very keen to include the whole population in the ongoing clinical trial. Really "pathetic" level of understanding genetics ...

Viral vectors are stripped of any genes that cause replication. I assume you got your level of understanding of genetics from Karen og Facebook or YouTube "

"Viral vectors are stripped of any genes that cause replication." even "Karen og Facebook or YouTube" would be see the non-sense of that quote.

I know from which text you have extracted it, but it's more than clear you didn't understand neither the whole text, nor you got any clues about what all these terms really mean. Sorry for having to break it to you: half hour spent reading a text or two doesn't replace months of studying a subject.

Bracknell

Viral vectors are stripped of any genes that cause replication. I assume you got your level of understanding of genetics from Karen og Facebook or YouTube

"Viral vectors are stripped of any genes that cause replication." even "Karen og Facebook or YouTube" would be see the non-sense of that quote.

I know from which text you have extracted it, but it's more than clear you didn't understand neither the whole text, nor you got any clues about what all these terms really mean. Sorry for having to break it to you: half hour spent reading a text or two doesn't replace months of studying a subject."

Fine. I value your opinion of my understanding.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Since when did the World get vaccines that do not protect you but actually never stop you from catching covid?

Firstly, the vaccine WILL protect you, despite what you have said above.

On your second point, science has not gone backwards. I remember a 'past vaccine' as you call it, still used today by millions of people all over the world. I'm talking about the rabies vaccination.

It is administered in three doses and will not prevent you catching rabies, but it will protect you from the effects of the disease until you can reach an appropriate medical facility, therefore reducing the chance of death significantly. Sound familiar?

". Sorry for having to break it to you: half hour spent reading a text or two doesn't replace months of studying a subject."

Oooh, months eh?

Dudley

Even a "minuscule amount of GMO" or more correctly "a minuscule amount of genetic material" still has this property called "self-replication", so even a "minuscule amount" can potentially self-replicate itself into a quite enormous amount, and depending on what it interacts with could help or could create serious damages - all that STILL being tested, the Big Pharma being very keen to include the whole population in the ongoing clinical trial. Really "pathetic" level of understanding genetics ..."

The two mRNA vaccines for covid only use the messenger RNA, they are not using self replicating RNA.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

You understanding of science knows no end, or beginning it would seem!

Glasgow

A question for the vaccine deniers.

If the vaccine is harmful and contains microchips, poisons, dna altering material, or causes any harm at all then, literally, 10s of thousands of people around the would would know by now. So, why are they all silent except for a handful of conspiracy theorists?

Consider this, if you worked for, say, a water company which supplied 50 million people and you knew the water contained a carcinogenic material I assume you would say nothing? Just like the 10s of thousands of vaccine testers and medics. Yes?

Makes no difference whatsoever there are people who just don't care what's in it they'll still take it, that's what fear does to you and the government and the SAGE behavioural phycologists have played it perfectly.

The South

"Makes no difference whatsoever there are people who just don't care what's in it they'll still take it, that's what fear does to you and the government and the SAGE behavioural phycologists have played it perfectly.

"

Yup, the amount of people who'll get a vaccination to go on holiday, take an off the shelf painkiller or will happily collect a doctor's prescription without checking what's in it is astounding.

E

By *nigma1000Man  over a year ago

Braintree

"Makes no difference whatsoever there are people who just don't care what's in it they'll still take it, that's what fear does to you and the government and the SAGE behavioural phycologists have played it perfectly.

"

What a load of nonsense. Having had 2 heart attacks 18 years ago I’ve had the flu jab every year since and have never had flu. I’ve been double jabbed with AZ ox and had a minor reaction but nothing serious. I’m lucky and not caught covid but know others who have, some of who are still suffering from the effects of long covid.

Anyone who believes all the conspiracy and anti-vax BS is just stupid in my eyes and a danger to society??

Dudley

What a load of nonsense. Having had 2 heart attacks 18 years ago I’ve had the flu jab every year since and have never had flu. I’ve been double jabbed with AZ ox and had a minor reaction but nothing serious. I’m lucky and not caught covid but know others who have, some of who are still suffering from the effects of long covid.

Anyone who believes all the conspiracy and anti-vax BS is just stupid in my eyes and a danger to society??"

Totally agree, most social media sites are cracking down on misinformation and outright lies.

The South

Anyone who believes all the conspiracy and anti-vax BS is just stupid in my eyes and a danger to society??

Totally agree, most social media sites are cracking down on misinformation and outright lies. "

I'm not a fan of heavy handed censorship, but you know.....Forums.

E

By *ffsideMan  over a year ago

liverpoolp

Flat earthers are everywhere

Dudley

Totally agree, most social media sites are cracking down on misinformation and outright lies.

I'm not a fan of heavy handed censorship, but you know.....Forums.

E"

Some people need censoring

teleford

"

If they had played it perfectly there would be far fewer bell ends believing that the rest of the world is conspiring against them Are you one of the anti vaccine brigade that don’t trust what might be in a regulated vaccine but don’t question for a moment what your line of from some street corner dealer might have been cut with?

yes thats why the vachine atatches its spike to organs in your body causing probs with clots and other things its artifical do not good

Ps I hate the word Sheeple as much as the next person, for one it's poor English. Surely the ones believing the mindless unsubstantiated bollocks are actually describring themselves rather than sensible people who have listened to the science and the real experts, who have decided to be vaccinated for themselves and wider society. "

What a load of ****

Dudley

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK yes thats why the vachine atatches its spike to organs in your body causing probs with clots and other things its artifical do not good"

Do you bother to even check the information you read?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK yes thats why the vachine atatches its spike to organs in your body causing probs with clots and other things its artifical do not good"

You don't actually know what GMO is do you? There isn't any single "thing" that is GMO, it's not a specific substance that somebody makes and sells by the kilo.

It's a generic term for any organism that has been genetically modified in some way. Whether the result is good or bad depends totally on what particular modification has been made.

A lot of crop modifications are regarded to be questionable because in those cases often the modification is to make the plant so that it will still grow when dosed with high levels of pesticides. This allows farmers to spray the hell out of their fields to kill off weevils or locusts or whatever, without killing the plants. But then the resulting mouthwatering looking corn on the cob might well contain higher levels of pesticides that have soaked into it, which might not be so good for the person eating it.

It's not the fact that the organism has been genetically modified that makes the crop bad, it's the fact that the farmer can now douse the plant in poison that kills the creatures that nibble on it.

Thinking that there is a thing called GMO that is blanket poisonous to humans is like thinking that there is a single thing called "drug" that is bad. Some drugs are good, some are bad. Some are fine in a controlled dosage, but instant drop dead if overdosed. Some drugs should only be taken if you have certain conditions, where they are actually necessary to keep you alive, but would severely hurt you if you didn't have those conditions (insulin and diabetes?).

So yes, the EU has in the past put bans or controls on certain types of GMO, in exactly the same way there are bans or controls on certain types of drugs. But other types of GMO can actually be lifesaving substances, it just all depends on what organism, what modification, what the resulting substance is used for, what amount of the substance is administered.

The GMOs in the vaccines are not something randomly thrown together by Dr Frankenstein, or by some high school kid with dirty test tubes. They are not some species of apple that is engineered to look delicious but has been actually been sprayed twice daily with paraquat. They are something that has been modified in a very specific way, to achieve a very specific result, by very clever people. The resulting substances have been analysed to check that the needed effect has truly been caused, that there are no other unexpected changes, that there are no toxic side effects, that the purity is correct, the strength is correct. These GMOs are then combined with all the other necessary ingredients that are required to make a vaccine against a specific virus, the effects of that vaccine are validated and verified in a series of tests that ensure it does actually provide the desired level of immunity, is not toxic, that any side effects are within an acceptable range.

When mass produced, at all stages checks are made that the "recipe" is correctly being followed, that no contamination occurs, that things are kept cold if needed to be cold, kept warm if needed to be warm. That quality is controlled in every possible way. To ensure that when the final product is injected in your arm, it is what it is supposed to be, you get the correct amount of it, and that it is administered in an environment where medical aid is available in case of the one in a million chance that your particular body chemistry might have some reaction against one of the ingredients.

By comparison, if you buy a pint of beer in a pub you don't know how clean the glass is, you don't know how well the pipes from the barrel are kept clean, you are not informed of which batch number of beer your pint came from, you don't know if the landlord has been adding water to increase his profit margin, you don't know if the beer has been allowed to get too warm at some point, you don't know whether the beer is in date, you don't know whether air or micro organisms might have entered the barrel, you can't be certain it really is the same type of beer that you asked for, you don't know if there is some peanut contamination that might set off your allergy, and if you do have a funny turn you are more likely to be thrown out into the street than given immediate medical aid.

Beer? Food? Shaving foam? Hair spray? Perfume? All those things might well kill you. Vaccines? More care has been taken in formulating them than pretty well any other substance that you will ever have applied to your body.

The South

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK yes thats why the vachine atatches its spike to organs in your body causing probs with clots and other things its artifical do not good

You don't actually know what GMO is do you? There isn't any single "thing" that is GMO, it's not a specific substance that somebody makes and sells by the kilo.

It's a generic term for any organism that has been genetically modified in some way. Whether the result is good or bad depends totally on what particular modification has been made.

A lot of crop modifications are regarded to be questionable because in those cases often the modification is to make the plant so that it will still grow when dosed with high levels of pesticides. This allows farmers to spray the hell out of their fields to kill off weevils or locusts or whatever, without killing the plants. But then the resulting mouthwatering looking corn on the cob might well contain higher levels of pesticides that have soaked into it, which might not be so good for the person eating it.

It's not the fact that the organism has been genetically modified that makes the crop bad, it's the fact that the farmer can now douse the plant in poison that kills the creatures that nibble on it.

Thinking that there is a thing called GMO that is blanket poisonous to humans is like thinking that there is a single thing called "drug" that is bad. Some drugs are good, some are bad. Some are fine in a controlled dosage, but instant drop dead if overdosed. Some drugs should only be taken if you have certain conditions, where they are actually necessary to keep you alive, but would severely hurt you if you didn't have those conditions (insulin and diabetes?).

So yes, the EU has in the past put bans or controls on certain types of GMO, in exactly the same way there are bans or controls on certain types of drugs. But other types of GMO can actually be lifesaving substances, it just all depends on what organism, what modification, what the resulting substance is used for, what amount of the substance is administered.

The GMOs in the vaccines are not something randomly thrown together by Dr Frankenstein, or by some high school kid with dirty test tubes. They are not some species of apple that is engineered to look delicious but has been actually been sprayed twice daily with paraquat. They are something that has been modified in a very specific way, to achieve a very specific result, by very clever people. The resulting substances have been analysed to check that the needed effect has truly been caused, that there are no other unexpected changes, that there are no toxic side effects, that the purity is correct, the strength is correct. These GMOs are then combined with all the other necessary ingredients that are required to make a vaccine against a specific virus, the effects of that vaccine are validated and verified in a series of tests that ensure it does actually provide the desired level of immunity, is not toxic, that any side effects are within an acceptable range.

When mass produced, at all stages checks are made that the "recipe" is correctly being followed, that no contamination occurs, that things are kept cold if needed to be cold, kept warm if needed to be warm. That quality is controlled in every possible way. To ensure that when the final product is injected in your arm, it is what it is supposed to be, you get the correct amount of it, and that it is administered in an environment where medical aid is available in case of the one in a million chance that your particular body chemistry might have some reaction against one of the ingredients.

By comparison, if you buy a pint of beer in a pub you don't know how clean the glass is, you don't know how well the pipes from the barrel are kept clean, you are not informed of which batch number of beer your pint came from, you don't know if the landlord has been adding water to increase his profit margin, you don't know if the beer has been allowed to get too warm at some point, you don't know whether the beer is in date, you don't know whether air or micro organisms might have entered the barrel, you can't be certain it really is the same type of beer that you asked for, you don't know if there is some peanut contamination that might set off your allergy, and if you do have a funny turn you are more likely to be thrown out into the street than given immediate medical aid.

Beer? Food? Shaving foam? Hair spray? Perfume? All those things might well kill you. Vaccines? More care has been taken in formulating them than pretty well any other substance that you will ever have applied to your body."

A rousing round of applause for that. Perfectly put.

I fear some of what you sow may fall on stony ground.

But fuck me you try......

E

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 09/07/21 23:32:30]

We all die at some point both vaccinated and non vaccinated you just don't know when.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

GMO: General Motors/OPEL (Vauxhaul)

They're bad for my health, bloody awful seats.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Well, it can cause cancers overall as it can damage our organs over time amongst many other things. The EU has even banned it before since 2015 and some parts of the UK yes thats why the vachine atatches its spike to organs in your body causing probs with clots and other things its artifical do not good

Beer? Food? Shaving foam? Hair spray? Perfume? All those things might well kill you. Vaccines? More care has been taken in formulating them than pretty well any other substance that you will ever have applied to your body."

Will you just stop bringing facts to this party. People just want to be fools…

Sheffield

"

Will you just stop bringing facts to this party. People just want to be fools… "

I know, I'm bloody rubbish at parties! I'm the one that looks through the host's cd collection for the most obscure band with a French singer and a Korean drummer. The one that'll look at the sell by date on the box of crackers next to the cheese. The one that will describe the graphic details of gender confirmation surgery while somebody is peeling a banana...

Bracknell

Not a bad post but just need to add an argument on the pesticides front. It’s funny how people see pesticides as poison yet see drugs as beneficial. Pesticides could be seen as drugs for plants. Pesticides (the active ingredient) go through a very strict regulatory process to get registered (regulated on environmental fate, ecology, human toxicity, dietary residues, operator and bystander exposure) and also have to go through a re-regulation process every 10 years to remain registered (ie guidance and regulations change over time, so hence the reason to get them reregistered every 10 years to make sure they pass the current requirements ). The products (active ingredient in a formulation) then have to go through a separate submission assessment to be able to get on the market. I suspect the GMO maize crop you are talking about is the Round-Up ready crop. This is actually a herbicide resistant crop and will not perish whilst the s in the field will be destroyed - hence not designed to resist insecticides which kill the bugs. Agree that the farmers can then use higher amounts of these pesticides but there is a thing called an MRL (Maximum Residue Level) which sets the amount of pesticide allowed in the crop upon harvest (FYI this is set with a safety factor of 10 to 100 fold) and the tasty corn will need to have residues below these MRLs. Regarding paraquat being sprayed twice daily onto apples, that would never happen. Paraquat is a non selective herbicide (ie it kills all plants, be they s or crops) and wouldn’t have been sprayed onto the trees foliage as no s are there and definitely wouldn’t be used to kill off insects. And it is only sprayed onto the ground once in a year (usually post harvest to kill off the remaining crop stubble and s).

Bracknell

Beer? Food? Shaving foam? Hair spray? Perfume? All those things might well kill you. Vaccines? More care has been taken in formulating them than pretty well any other substance that you will ever have applied to your body.

Not a bad post but just need to add an argument on the pesticides front. It’s funny how people see pesticides as poison yet see drugs as beneficial. Pesticides could be seen as drugs for plants. Pesticides (the active ingredient) go through a very strict regulatory process to get registered (regulated on environmental fate, ecology, human toxicity, dietary residues, operator and bystander exposure) and also have to go through a re-regulation process every 10 years to remain registered (ie guidance and regulations change over time, so hence the reason to get them reregistered every 10 years to make sure they pass the current requirements ). The products (active ingredient in a formulation) then have to go through a separate submission assessment to be able to get on the market. I suspect the GMO maize crop you are talking about is the Round-Up ready crop. This is actually a herbicide resistant crop and will not perish whilst the s in the field will be destroyed - hence not designed to resist insecticides which kill the bugs. Agree that the farmers can then use higher amounts of these pesticides but there is a thing called an MRL (Maximum Residue Level) which sets the amount of pesticide allowed in the crop upon harvest (FYI this is set with a safety factor of 10 to 100 fold) and the tasty corn will need to have residues below these MRLs. Regarding paraquat being sprayed twice daily onto apples, that would never happen. Paraquat is a non selective herbicide (ie it kills all plants, be they s or crops) and wouldn’t have been sprayed onto the trees foliage as no s are there and definitely wouldn’t be used to kill off insects. And it is only sprayed onto the ground once in a year (usually post harvest to kill off the remaining crop stubble and s). "

Ah I see I’m not allowed to have w e e d in the post, hence why s appears a number of times

Scunthorpe

The majority of the world's animal feed comes from GM crops. This means that a large proportion of the Meat, Eggs and dairy products will come from GM fed animals. This is completely acceptable, not banned or illegal in any way... and not even deemed important enough to need indicating on labels.

Cal

By *damantMan  over a year ago

High Crompton

"Flat earthers are everywhere "

A global phenomenon?

Sheffield

"Flat earthers are everywhere

A global phenomenon?"

Flat earthers can be found everywhere on the disc...

Sheffield

Not a bad post but just need to add an argument on the pesticides front. It’s funny how people see pesticides as poison yet see drugs as beneficial. Pesticides could be seen as drugs for plants. Pesticides (the active ingredient) go through a very strict regulatory process to get registered (regulated on environmental fate, ecology, human toxicity, dietary residues, operator and bystander exposure) and also have to go through a re-regulation process every 10 years to remain registered (ie guidance and regulations change over time, so hence the reason to get them reregistered every 10 years to make sure they pass the current requirements ). The products (active ingredient in a formulation) then have to go through a separate submission assessment to be able to get on the market. I suspect the GMO maize crop you are talking about is the Round-Up ready crop. This is actually a herbicide resistant crop and will not perish whilst the s in the field will be destroyed - hence not designed to resist insecticides which kill the bugs. Agree that the farmers can then use higher amounts of these pesticides but there is a thing called an MRL (Maximum Residue Level) which sets the amount of pesticide allowed in the crop upon harvest (FYI this is set with a safety factor of 10 to 100 fold) and the tasty corn will need to have residues below these MRLs. Regarding paraquat being sprayed twice daily onto apples, that would never happen. Paraquat is a non selective herbicide (ie it kills all plants, be they s or crops) and wouldn’t have been sprayed onto the trees foliage as no s are there and definitely wouldn’t be used to kill off insects. And it is only sprayed onto the ground once in a year (usually post harvest to kill off the remaining crop stubble and s). "

Good information. Yes both GMOs and pesticides get bad press. Instead, as with everything, they can be bad or good, all depending on how and when used. Certainly without either, there would be a lot more starving people in the world.

Scunthorpe

Just curious

In the news today, the NHS has agreed to provide a life saving £1.7million Gene Therapy drug for a 1 year old baby. This WILL actually modify the child's DNA and effectively mean that the child (and anyone else who has undergone a gene therapy) will become a "GMO".

Gene therapies are without a doubt one of the most positive treatment concepts being investigated for many diseases including Cancers, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, AIDS, Sickle Cell, several causes of blindness, etc...

Cal

Around here

"GMO: General Motors/OPEL (Vauxhaul)

They're bad for my health, bloody awful seats."

Try Renault Espace

Where did you read that gmo is in the vaccine? From what I can tell from the ingredients its literally just sugars salts and cholesterol? Thats just from a simple Google search of the ingredients though.

teleford

"The majority of the world's animal feed comes from GM crops. This means that a large proportion of the Meat, Eggs and dairy products will come from GM fed animals. This is completely acceptable, not banned or illegal in any way... and not even deemed important enough to need indicating on labels.

Cal"

It is rather an annoying fact that! As British crop farmers we can’t have any of the potential benefits GM crops can offer in terms of yield or reduced growing costs yet we have to try compete to provide the livestock sector with its protein needs, needs which are largely filled from imported GM soya, crops that are illegal for us to grow . Our livestock farmers can’t afford to use none GM feed else they can’t compete against GM fed meat and protein imports. We should either allow GM production here or we should not allow the importation of GM or GM fed products, it’s bonkers!

teleford

"Where did you read that gmo is in the vaccine? From what I can tell from the ingredients its literally just sugars salts and cholesterol? Thats just from a simple Google search of the ingredients though."

The AZ one does contain GMO. It’s based on a chimp virus that has had been genetically modified. Genetic modification doesn’t automatically mean harm. The genetic sequence of every organism you consume be it plant, animal, bacteria or virus, is the product of a combination of genetic mixing and random mutations. Only difference in the modification by science is theses are very specific, targeted and researched changes to a genetic sequence.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-product-information-approved-chmp-29-january-2021-pending-endorsement_en.pdf

By *rticulatenotanidiotMan  over a year ago

Ringwood

You said it, "its cheap" its just a business! Make people sick then sell them the cure. But it was FREE?????????? If something is to good to be true, it probably is?

The anti vax movement have been bleating on about how the vaccines turn you into a GMO etc, it's bullshit. "

It's only really an alternative to death if you are at risk of dying from covid.... Which the vast majority aren't.

Scunthorpe

"You said it, "its cheap" its just a business! Make people sick then sell them the cure. But it was FREE?????????? If something is to good to be true, it probably is?"

The vaccines are not FREE, they are paid for from our taxes.

Cal

Of course these people know which GMO’s there are concerns about, the volumes at which they may cause cancer against the quantity in vaccines and of course why certifying bodies who approve medicines would want to put something that may cause cancer in a vaccine designed for all.

Answer me these points and we can talk. Don’t, then take your simple minded conspiracy and don’t darken the forums again

» Add a new message to this topic