FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has The Virus Been Eradicated ?

Has The Virus Been Eradicated ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee And Mike OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cannock

We’ve been inundated with requests for meets, single guys in particular telling us it’s now safe to meet after the 19th July.

Firstly, we will choose when we feel it’s safe to meet, not just because the government says they are lifting restrictions.

Secondly, we don’t need to be told by people on her ‘that it’s safe to meet’ like we have an IQ of 40 and need to be instructed to live our lives.

I’m sure things will get back to normal over time, but some people on here think the 19th July is the date for us to throw off all our cautiousness and go mad, personally we aren’t sure that’s the case yet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It probably never will be eradicated. But looking at the rate of deaths I’d say it’s safer now to meet and play than at any point over last 16 months or so.

Down to individual choice soon isn’t it, which is the way it should be.

By *hangerMan  over a year ago

brighton

I would say that with infection rates soaring, now is not a great time to meet lots of others, especially intimately!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"We’ve been inundated with requests for meets, single guys in particular telling us it’s now safe to meet after the 19th July.

Firstly, we will choose when we feel it’s safe to meet, not just because the government says they are lifting restrictions.

Secondly, we don’t need to be told by people on her ‘that it’s safe to meet’ like we have an IQ of 40 and need to be instructed to live our lives.

I’m sure things will get back to normal over time, but some people on here think the 19th July is the date for us to throw off all our cautiousness and go mad, personally we aren’t sure that’s the case yet."

Make you right there OP,it's ironic that the same people who have been saying that they can't be told what to do by the government are in the next breath telling people that they must go out and live their lives and not be sheep.

I'm like "huh"?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If fully vaccinated, having had a few weeks to potentially develop your full immunity, it is safer to meet now on average, compared with winter time. Especially if the people you meet have been in complete isolation from the world.

People aren't average though, not everyone develops strong immunity and the people who we meet haven't been in isolation. They may not have had any vaccination at all and could thus be more infectious than vaccinated people.

We could be having extraordinary levels of infection rates by Johnson's golden reopening date.

Users have been saying that they've been vaccinated for months, to try to get meets as well as purporting to have negative test results, to weaken resistance

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Could be bad news for all those who have migrated from swinging to the 'faute de mieux' pastime of enjoying the moral high ground!

By *ee And Mike OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cannock

"We’ve been inundated with requests for meets, single guys in particular telling us it’s now safe to meet after the 19th July.

I’m sure things will get back to normal over time, but some people on here think the 19th July is the date for us to throw off all our cautiousness and go mad, personally we aren’t sure that’s the case yet.

Make you right there OP,it's ironic that the same people who have been saying that they can't be told what to do by the government are in the next breath telling people that they must go out and live their lives and not be sheep.

I'm like "huh"? "

Each to their own, we’ve been quite sceptical of the restrictions throughout the pandemic, that said we’ve been so cautious over the last 16 months and we’ve just felt things will get back to normal over time.

I think the main point is, that we seem to have some not very nice people on here that when you tell them you aren’t meeting until you feel comfortable then you get almost abused, frustrating and the block button is now coming into play !

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The Gov announced all restrictions were going to be lifted and life is going back to normal no matter how many cases there are or how much cases will rise.

Some people will see that and think life is going back to normal and actually go back to normal, I am not sure why anyone is surprised going by the messaging from the Gov

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Gmnt are admitting that cases could rise to 100,000 a day.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Gmnt are admitting that cases could rise to 100,000 a day."

Yep, but it will be OK to let it run riot if they don't need hospital apparently

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Gmnt are admitting that cases could rise to 100,000 a day.

Yep, but it will be OK to let it run riot if they don't need hospital apparently"

It's all a bit of a gamble, am not sure morally if it's the right thing to do ..

Being totally honest the whole personal responsibility idea that seems to be fundamental to it being ok (whatever that is) is not the most solid of foundations or starting points..

By *ockspur and FizzCouple  over a year ago

Procrastinationville

The virus isn't going anywhere. It's hasn't stopped people meeting. Use your own judgement and learn to live with it.

liverpool

Yep, but it will be OK to let it run riot if they don't need hospital apparently

It's all a bit of a gamble, am not sure morally if it's the right thing to do ..

Being totally honest the whole personal responsibility idea that seems to be fundamental to it being ok (whatever that is) is not the most solid of foundations or starting points..

"

The words personal responsibility and boris Johnson do go hand in hand tbf.

I think the mask thing is a huge gamble.. and get the opening up bit but with cases rising its seems nuts to just throw away all the safety measures.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think the mask thing is a huge gamble.. and get the opening up bit but with cases rising its seems nuts to just throw away all the safety measures."

As I said in another thread.

Weak government caved into the anti brigade pressure.

But I guess it had to happen sometime..I think people need to understand that another lockdown maybe required if needed.

in Lancashire

I think the mask thing is a huge gamble.. and get the opening up bit but with cases rising its seems nuts to just throw away all the safety measures."

The feeling amongst certain professions will be one of trepidation, especially those who statistically are more exposed for longer periods to the public..

Fuck being a bus driver in any large city..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, we can't have restrictions forever, but it feels like we have all sacrificed the last year or so to now throw it all away.

in Lancashire

I think the mask thing is a huge gamble.. and get the opening up bit but with cases rising its seems nuts to just throw away all the safety measures.

But I guess it had to happen sometime..I think people need to understand that another lockdown maybe required if needed."

They've sort of given a caveat that such is on their possible list which doesn't instill confidence in this decision..

Not that I've been of that mindset in many aspects of their handling of this thus far..

liverpool

But I guess it had to happen sometime..I think people need to understand that another lockdown maybe required if needed."

Think it's a nap.

Be interesting to see the reaction if it does as this is being sold as "freedom day'

Tough one, we have to get back to some sort of normal, but it just all seems rushed , how can everything be ok after the 19th but not now , ? Cases are going crazy , ok hospitals ain’t mega busy any more but , I can see another lockdown soon , this ain’t going to go away

"Gmnt are admitting that cases could rise to 100,000 a day."

At the start of the pandemic Germany were lauded for their testing regime whilst the uk were rightly criticised for being behind the curve.

Germany are now testing less than 10% of the uk total. I presume that they are only testing those showing symptoms, maybe someone who knows what’s happening in Germany can let us know.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"

A calculated gamble - isn't that what all of this is really?

From a purely visual point of view, it is hard to miss the difference in the hospitalisations and deaths charts compared with the number of infections charts.

Are we at a point now where we are almost willing the former charts to rise, or should we start to accept you can have covid in the community without it resulting in hospitals full to bursting and deaths piling up?

in Lancashire

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, we can't have restrictions forever, but it feels like we have all sacrificed the last year or so to now throw it all away.

"

Agreed, just seems that a couple of weeks ago the last unlocking date wasn't ok because of of the data..

Now that same data case wise is worse, except for deaths which are being compared with Jan/Feb..

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Why are daily vaccination reducing when supposing to be increasing.

19yh July

No way do I think it will. Be safe then

in Lancashire

From a purely visual point of view, it is hard to miss the difference in the hospitalisations and deaths charts compared with the number of infections charts.

Are we at a point now where we are almost willing the former charts to rise, or should we start to accept you can have covid in the community without it resulting in hospitals full to bursting and deaths piling up?

"

It's been one of the plusses that we are at much lower death rates and hospital admissions, mainly due to the vaccination programme..

Yes we have to at some point try and fully get back to something like normal with the obvious knowledge of we are now living with this virus but that the policing of such things like masks has been left to businesses etc looks naive and a dereliction of duty..

Some people are massively more exposed to daily contact with others and societally we should be protecting them, not just using personal responsibility as a blanket cliché..

Such peoples own personal responsibility to them and their families looks to be an acceptable risk for the government, they deserve better at this time..

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"The Gov announced all restrictions were going to be lifted and life is going back to normal no matter how many cases there are or how much cases will rise.

Some people will see that and think life is going back to normal and actually go back to normal, I am not sure why anyone is surprised going by the messaging from the Gov"

Thing is... Not sure how "normal" it is with 100k infections a day and people being sent home to isolate all the time as a consequence. Unless we stop testing and isolating too..?

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Where do figures like over a 100,000 infections a day come from? That's a million infections in just over a week! At that rate, the virus will run out of unvaccinated people to infect by autumn. Get the jab!

Tin town

Yep, but it will be OK to let it run riot if they don't need hospital apparently"

Kind of different to the stay at home stay safe... Space.. Face.. Hands and boomsa daisy mantras we've been fed for 18 months.

By *efinitely MaybeCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We’ve got to get on with life for me, if not now - when? October? January? Next April?

Colds and flu run riot through the autumn/winter every year, infecting tens of thousands daily and putting hundreds in hospitals. Up until March 2020 we lived with that, even when Covid was silently infecting people up and down the country from December onwards (it didn’t start off with 2 Chinese students in York and a bloke who’d been skiing).

Face masks - the jury’s out, do they really work? If so, why is Covid still rising? Do people follow the guidance, discarding them after each use, changing them after prolonged wearing if washable? or do they keep the same one in their car and coat pocket wearing them multiple times?

Me, I’ll still wear mine in busy places, the one that’s been in my car for a week, but it’s time to get busy living after 16m of being on pause.

Prof Neil Fergusson - the bloke who convinced the government to lock down last March is now saying it’s time to open up, so after following his guidance for 16m why would the government ignore it?

liverpool

"The Gov announced all restrictions were going to be lifted and life is going back to normal no matter how many cases there are or how much cases will rise.

Some people will see that and think life is going back to normal and actually go back to normal, I am not sure why anyone is surprised going by the messaging from the Gov

Thing is... Not sure how "normal" it is with 100k infections a day and people being sent home to isolate all the time as a consequence. Unless we stop testing and isolating too..? "

Javid today

Tin town

"

100% agree. And actually... Makes me fucking angry.

I actually think theybe flipped the coin and now the strategy has become... it's a race to get as many people as exposed to it (and other infections) and boost immunitys before winter... When we all go back to living inside and spreading germs.

The messages are so different that whatever credibility they were struggling to retain has been thrown in the bin.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thing is... Not sure how "normal" it is with 100k infections a day and people being sent home to isolate all the time as a consequence. Unless we stop testing and isolating too..? "

It is something I thought of too yes. Then no reporting of number of cases and deaths, , all pushed under the carpet

I wonder what other Countries are thinking of this experiment and if they will block us all from going there

Tin town

"Why are daily vaccination reducing when supposing to be increasing.

19yh July

No way do I think it will. Be safe then"

Have you noticed the vaccine numbers and vaccine push have not been mentioned as much this last few days? I think they've really fucked up the messaging around this. Suddenly its all OK... Freedom... Back to normal... Why do I need a vaccine any more?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Where do figures like over a 100,000 infections a day come from? That's a million infections in just over a week! At that rate, the virus will run out of unvaccinated people to infect by autumn. Get the jab! "

From the health secretary

Tin town

"Where do figures like over a 100,000 infections a day come from? That's a million infections in just over a week! At that rate, the virus will run out of unvaccinated people to infect by autumn. Get the jab! "

From Javid...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57688355

He seems to be taking a very different approach than the last guy.

By *erotic_adventureMan  over a year ago

Scotland & London

Until they are clear and unambiguous on the immunity protection vaccines provide over what duration, ie if they start at 60% what is this 8, 10, 12 or more weeks later typically against the delta variant and / or others, it is difficult to say who is safe and who is still at greater risk longer term etc....it depends on so many factors but yes the risk level to serious health appears reduced but it still remains.

That's the bit that doesn't make sense to be to me.

The education secretary is going to make of it outside today in regards to new regulations regarding school children and Self isolating.

I know in my local area there are schools that are completely closed not because anybody actually has the virus but because too many of the teachers and support staff have been contacted by track and trace that they now don't have enough staff to open.

here

It's been one of the plusses that we are at much lower death rates and hospital admissions, mainly due to the vaccination programme..

Yes we have to at some point try and fully get back to something like normal with the obvious knowledge of we are now living with this virus but that the policing of such things like masks has been left to businesses etc looks naive and a dereliction of duty..

Some people are massively more exposed to daily contact with others and societally we should be protecting them, not just using personal responsibility as a blanket cliché..

Such peoples own personal responsibility to them and their families looks to be an acceptable risk for the government, they deserve better at this time.. "

It's been mentioned a few times here that even prior to Covid in Far East culture wearing a face mask is much more prevalent than here in the west. They do so as a matter of personal choice. Outside of outbreaks, there is no directive from the authorities and those who choose to wear/not wear a mask are not held up by either side as being morally right or wrong.

As a country, this is where we should be.

Tin town

Well i said it tongue in cheek but Javid just announced doing away with self isolation for the double jabbed. I'm not sure how I feel about the new stuff. I mean on the one hand... Great that we get a bit more mobility back and being double jabbed allows us to do things. But 1...kind of makes me feel the last 6 months have been bullshit. Can't undo it... But it's such a different approach still trying to digest it.

here

"Is Singapore Imprisoned by Its Covid Success?

The city-state wants to show it’s open for business, but appears unwilling to take many of the necessary risks."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-06-30/singapore-s-cautious-reopening-makes-life-after-covid-feel-more-distant?

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Utter madness. Data shows that if 95% of the population wear masks, it reduces infection transmission by 30%, which is huge. See https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend. Masks will give us more freedom, not less. Deaths are not the only negative of this disease. This government has a) spat in the face of the clinically vulnerable, especially the immuno-compromised, many of whom may not be as well protected by the vaccine; b) made a new variant more likely by allowing the virus to spread; c)made a winter lockdown more likely; d) created the potential for chaos and disruption to our lives by allowing the more infectious to get a foothold again; e) placed many people who get the disease at risk of long Covid and other health complications even if they don't die.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Such peoples own personal responsibility to them and their families looks to be an acceptable risk for the government, they deserve better at this time..

It's been mentioned a few times here that even prior to Covid in Far East culture wearing a face mask is much more prevalent than here in the west. They do so as a matter of personal choice. Outside of outbreaks, there is no directive from the authorities and those who choose to wear/not wear a mask are not held up by either side as being morally right or wrong.

As a country, this is where we should be.

"

I've been to south east Asia and Singapore many times. They have had the experience of Sars and bird flu so the population know and understand the risks of a serious infectious disease, which we didn't in Europe. They wear masks there pre Covid to protect others when they had a cold or felt unwell, not to protect themselves. Whilst the pandemic is ongoing everyone in Singapore will be wearing a mask. I was there during Swine flu, and every office or public building they too your temperature. It's a benevolent dictatorship - personal choice will not be important there whilst a pandemic is on. The whole society will be the most important thing, and those are the lessons we have failed to learn here. This will come back to haunt us. Masks do not hurt my freedom, they give me freedom when everyone wears them in a pandemic.

Tin town

"Utter madness. Data shows that if 95% of the population wear masks, it reduces infection transmission by 30%, which is huge. See https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend. Masks will give us more freedom, not less. Deaths are not the only negative of this disease. This government has a) spat in the face of the clinically vulnerable, especially the immuno-compromised, many of whom may not be as well protected by the vaccine; b) made a new variant more likely by allowing the virus to spread; c)made a winter lockdown more likely; d) created the potential for chaos and disruption to our lives by allowing the more infectious to get a foothold again; e) placed many people who get the disease at risk of long Covid and other health complications even if they don't die. "

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Covid is running rampant at my work place again.

One of my team went to the pub for the England match all 8 of his group tested positive, all but 1 were double jabed. So far all have zero or very mild symptoms.

Javid has said 100,000 + infections is expected now after freedom day.

After August the doubled jabbed won't need to isolate. In fact the vaccinated are likely to gain numerous advantages over those who choose not to vaccinate.

The goverment were NEVER aiming for covid free they always knew it would reach this point when we must learn to live with it. Like the 20,000 flu deaths of 2018 when noone battered an eyelid.

Does anyone want Hancock back yet lol

Javid even said it's likely covid deaths could reach 100 a day after freedom day but compared to previous flu death rates during winter months its an accepted level. They key will be the NHS been able to cope.

Even Mr "careful himself" Whitty fully backs this plan, as does many in the scientific community.

Natural Herd immunity and the wall of vaccine protection are the order of the day now.

KJ

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

I'm like "huh"? "

That works bith ways though. Folk doing all the government tell them, but now gov are saying its safe to do all these other things, theyre saying gov are wrong.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I will still be wearing my mask on public transport and crowded places but living life as normal. Only meeting people who we already know

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm like "huh"?

That works bith ways though. Folk doing all the government tell them, but now gov are saying its safe to do all these other things, theyre saying gov are wrong."

Maybe they agreed with what was needed and asked for by the Gov and now think the Gov is wrong. People are allowed to do this, you don't have to agree with everything they tell you

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

The personal responsibility thing is curious. We don't give people that option in other areas, driving, drugs, etc.

Because, let's face it, people can't be bloody trusted to do the right thing.

So why in this one area?

Tin town

"The personal responsibility thing is curious. We don't give people that option in other areas, driving, drugs, etc.

Because, let's face it, people can't be bloody trusted to do the right thing.

So why in this one area?"

You make a Good point.. Less than 2000 people die on the roads a year... And yet we have endless campaigns and an entire police and judiciary targeting road behaviour... And do we say? We trust you to wear a seat belt,? we trust you to drive past schools at a safe speed? , we trust you to drive your car safely when intoxicated? ... Or.... Do we?

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"Could be bad news for all those who have migrated from swinging to the 'faute de mieux' pastime of enjoying the moral high ground!"

that moral high ground is getting quite crowded, hope a dose of covid doesn't get up there.

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

if couples that meet are double vaxed whats wrong with that ?? now or next year ???

» Add a new message to this topic