FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Can vaccinated people test positive?

Can vaccinated people test positive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just looking for people stories more than advice here as most people’s advice can be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage..

Have you heard of vaccinated people testing positive, and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iscretefuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

Blackheath

Yes they can. Only they have a much milder less threatening attack. Vaccine doesn’t make you immune but gives your body the tools to fight it, without it killing you !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes of course they can.

The vaccine only helps your boby to deal with the virus.

So yes people are still still catching it but the vast majority of those in hospital at the moment are those who have not had both vaccinations or cought covid within 3 weeks for receiving the second dose.

By *rs-sensual-meWoman  over a year ago

gwynedd

Yes. Vaccine doesn't make you immune. Just helps your body fight it if you catch it.

Yes, certainly. The vaccination doesn't fully stop you from catching/spreading the virus. As I am led to believe.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

ANDOVER

"Yes they can. Only they have a much milder less threatening attack. Vaccine doesn’t make you immune but gives your body the tools to fight it, without it killing you !"

And amongst a small proportion of people the vaccine will not have an effect - as is the case for all vaccines. Some years the seasonal 'flu vaccine is only effective in less than 50% of the population, usually because the vaccine fails to match the predominant strains to an adequate level. Hopefully the COVID vaccines are a lot more specific, bar the rise of new strains.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Just looking for people stories more than advice here as most people’s advice can be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage..

Have you heard of vaccinated people testing positive, and why?"

the why would be because you can still catch covid.. same as you can still get the flu after having thr flu jab. Just you should get it milder and your less likely to catch it.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Absolutely, you can still catch it and you can still spread it, so if you have had a positive test it is necessary to isolate.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes it’s common. And non vaccinated people can be immune , it’s like other cold and flu viruses it favours hosts with low immunity / health issues. Some people never get a cold, some people constantly get a cold

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes we have double vaxxed teachers off from school with it atm

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Just looking for people stories more than advice here as most people’s advice can be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage..

Yes you can.

This is a common misunderstanding about vacinnes.

They are not shields that bounce viruses away, they are tools that train your immune system to recognise and fight the disease.

See the same questions asked again and again and again on the forum along with same threads..

Having my jab, what side effects will i get?

Can i still get Covid if Vaccinated?

Football stadiums full, but I can't go sports day?

Shouls be a search option to allow you to find information..

In your bed

"See the same questions asked again and again and again on the forum along with same threads..

Shouls be a search option to allow you to find information.."

Its not restricted to vacinne topics, but to be fair different users log on at different times and few people if they have a burning question will search to see if it has already been asked.

Otherwise the number of topics asking why single men don't have much success on fab would be far fewer in number.

Sorry for offending you!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"See the same questions asked again and again and again on the forum along with same threads..

Shouls be a search option to allow you to find information.."

There is but that is only as good as, one the user knows it’s there or the title the thread has.

People will post what comes to their mind, no harm and different individuals will interact on them

There is but that is only as good as, one the user knows it’s there or the title the thread has.

People will post what comes to their mind, no harm and different individuals will interact on them "

Exactly… thanks so much

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Well as fully vaccinated people can still catch Covid and pass it to others then of course they can test positive.

Even people who have had Covid once can get it again I believe.

In your bed

"Well as fully vaccinated people can still catch Covid and pass it to others then of course they can test positive.

Even people who have had Covid once can get it again I believe."

Yup, the only shield to viruses is to live inside a bubble.

You can even have viruses that pay dormant inside you for years doing nothing special.

Then one day wham they hit you.

Its a constant cycle and war between microbes, it never ends and the only defences we have on top of what our bodies have naturally are

Cleaning

Separation from the infected

Boosting the immune system with diet and exercise.

Training the immune system (vacinnes)

Supporting the body when infected with medicine (either boosting the immune system or poisoning the infection.)

My body already had the tools to fight the virus via my immune system, what I didn’t have what the means to educate my child properly on the nearly two year of school he has missed to keep them over 85’s alive for an extra year or two, good job children are not the future or anything important…

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Absolutely, you can still catch it and you can still spread it, so if you have had a positive test it is necessary to isolate."
This .

"My body already had the tools to fight the virus via my immune system, what I didn’t have what the means to educate my child properly on the nearly two year of school he has missed to keep them over 85’s alive for an extra year or two, good job children are not the future or anything important…"

Seeing as schools in the UK have been closed for 7 months in total since March 2000 im not sure why your child is lost nearly 2 years!

And you are aware that if we hadn't locked down many many more people would have died?

Also it was reported on the radio yesterday the average age of covid deaths has now gone down down from 82 to 76.

"My body already had the tools to fight the virus via my immune system, what I didn’t have what the means to educate my child properly on the nearly two year of school he has missed to keep them over 85’s alive for an extra year or two, good job children are not the future or anything important…

Seeing as schools in the UK have been closed for 7 months in total since March 2000 im not sure why your child is lost nearly 2 years!

And you are aware that if we hadn't locked down many many more people would have died?

Also it was reported on the radio yesterday the average age of covid deaths has now gone down down from 82 to 76.

"

Thats because the older have already been killed off by the virus

"My body already had the tools to fight the virus via my immune system, what I didn’t have what the means to educate my child properly on the nearly two year of school he has missed to keep them over 85’s alive for an extra year or two, good job children are not the future or anything important…

Thats because the older have already been killed off by the virus "

Nope its because they have been double vaccinated!

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

In Israel, the Pfizer vaccine has lost 30% of its efficacy against the Delta variant in the last 4 weeks.

The problem is that a virus will seek out weak spots and mutate to overcome the antigens that are designed to protect the body from the virus. This is what viruses do and the more opportunity they have to spread, the more opportunity they will have to mutate.

Allowing the virus to run rampant through the U.K. in the coming weeks and months means that it will spread through unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and fully vaccinated people and it will mutate into new variants.

The gamble is that the vaccinations will retain enough efficacy before the virus overcomes all the antigens.

One will win.

"

Re opening then closing every other week for bubble members having A cough isn’t exactly a stable education, and the average age of covid deaths is the same as the average age of deaths pre covid,

By *arryandAnnCouple  over a year ago

Hereford

"My body already had the tools to fight the virus via my immune system, what I didn’t have what the means to educate my child properly on the nearly two year of school he has missed to keep them over 85’s alive for an extra year or two, good job children are not the future or anything important…"
. Also a good job Covid didn't target children

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

Not only do they catch it but ....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

Re opening then closing every other week for bubble members having A cough isn’t exactly a stable education, and the average age of covid deaths is the same as the average age of deaths pre covid,"

No its not the same.

Pitting old again young is very unhelpful.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Have you heard of vaccinated people testing positive, and why?

Not only do they catch it but ....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

"

as a guess I'd say it's to do with age.... although I'd heard that more people with covid are unvaccinated than vaccinated... despite more people having had the vaccine than not

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancs

Many children did better learning from home than in disruptive classes full of unruly kids with weak teachers. A million children have not returned to school. There are excellent resources out there with instant, personalized assessment. Teachers worked unbelievably long hours to set up online Zoom lessons which all children could have attended if so motivated.

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

Yep, Ive had both jabs and have tested positive

The vaccination doesn't stop you catching, carrying or commuting the virus,what it does do is hopefully stop you from becoming seriously ill.

So yes even if you have had both courses of the vaccination you can still test positive.

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

Yep i`ve been vaccinated, but still had covid since vaccine

Yes the vaccination doesn't stop you from catching it or spreading it. It only lessens the severity of the symptoms. Don't understand people who think otherwise so we all still have to be very careful x

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Yes the vaccination doesn't stop you from catching it or spreading it. It only lessens the severity of the symptoms. Don't understand people who think otherwise so we all still have to be very careful x"
This and I also wonder that

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People vaccinated against most infections may not gain 100% personal immunity. Their immunity may prevent some infections taking hold at all and others to be much milder than if they had no immunity.

Post vaccination, there's a period of 2 to 3 weeks needed whilst the body creates its immunity. Most of our covid vaccines need 2 doses and until the final dose plus a lag of 3 weeks has occurred, those people would be viewed as vaccinated and testing positive, as they'd not have their strongest immunity levels.

Likewise, those who've got their strongest possible immunity level, may also be unlucky and get an infection that will give a positive test result. They generally won't get as many infections as the unvaccinated but a small number can still occur.

As covered, it's typical for vaccines to give below 100% immunity. Our covid ones are higher than many of our other common vaccines, including flu.

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Yes they can. A colleague I work with who’s twice vaccinated got asked to isolate and PCR test due to a close contact testing positive.

Did a pcr on day 1 with no symptoms , an LFT test on day 2 that came back negative and PCR results came back positive later on day 2 still with no symptoms.

By day 4 she was rough as hell with symptoms

It’s still here folks

Its not restricted to vacinne topics, but to be fair different users log on at different times and few people if they have a burning question will search to see if it has already been asked.

Otherwise the number of topics asking why single men don't have much success on fab would be far fewer in number. "

But this is part of the problem. A lot of people with burni g questions do not search to see if it has already been asked recently. They just go ahead and ask it to get their 15 seconds of fame. You see so many questions on here which are the same or very similar. Gets boring after a while as some threads are flogged to death so many times like foot fetish and racial related questions etc

In your bed

There is always a trade off. Missing a few months of school hardly equates to being sent to the front line to fight fascism.

But you know maybe we are going soft in the UK and if fascism broke out today we'd tell everyone to fuck off and look after their own.

"Well as fully vaccinated people can still catch Covid and pass it to others then of course they can test positive.

Even people who have had Covid once can get it again I believe."

We think Hubster has had it twice.

Once last April when no testing was available and he tested positive last October. Said he felt exactly the same both times.

Also have a friend who has tested positive twice x

By *hrops56Man  over a year ago

TELFORD

I've been vaccinated twice and started feeling ill on Sunday .Felt like a head cold but had to take an Lft test for work which was positive. Monday morning had a Pcr test which has come back positive. Feel quite rough like there's a lot of pressure in my head, a cough though not persistent and a shortage of breath .Its day 3 now so not sure how long this will play out.

Currently have 2 teenagers both tested positive and one adult who had covid last march and has since had both jabs and has now tested positive.

I'm still testing negative. Had both jabs but worryingly I'm being held captive with this germ ridden lot so lets see if i manage to avoid it. Had it once don't want it again.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

My work colleague has had both jabs, tested positive yesterday and has far worse symptoms than me (un jabbed)

By *arryandAnnCouple  over a year ago

Hereford

"My work colleague has had both jabs, tested positive yesterday and has far worse symptoms than me (un jabbed) "
So we were all wrong then?

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Yes, our neighbour is positive at min, after both jabs.

She is feeling dog rough though.

Miss

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Time to close this thread surely..?

The OP had been told the answer enough times with valid reasons given.

Forums can be fun, but going over the same ground is not...

» Add a new message to this topic